Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Clan MacMillan, My family tale.

6 years ago

It all started with my 3rd great grandfather Archibald S. MacMillan.

Borne-June 19, 1793, Castle Sween, Knapdale District, Argyllshire, Scotland.

He has to immigrate to the US in 1803 When he's 10 years of age 

Father name: John Macmillan Jr. and wife Sarah McGilp.

Taken their 5 kids with them and stay in Robeson County, NC.

After growing and having kids of his very own, He has ended up with 7 kids (Not with the same wife, He have 3 of them)

One of them is my second great grandfather is Daniel Hector McMillan, borne 1865 - 10/31/1945 died

To my first great grandfather, his name was Montague Roach McMillan Sr. has borne in the year of 1899 - 1961 

After that my grandfather was borne, Thomas Daniel McMillan, 1930 - 2015

The saddest part is my father, Arthur Ira McMillan Cr. 1959 - 2014

The king nut case himself is me, Arthur Ira McMillan Jr. 2000 - ???

6 years ago
Why... are you telling us this?

Though it does imply your 3rd great grandfather found his way all alone from Scotland to America to start a new life. That's a bold undertaking for a ten year old.

6 years ago

Why do we all wonder at times how we come from somewhere right? I not fully Scott, only half of it, The rest of it is German, Polish, Russian, Tiny bit of Cherokee, Irish.

6 years ago

Oh another 17 year old.

Interesting

6 years ago

Me 17, Diqit?

6 years ago

what is it with fucking Americans and wanting to trace their lineage like a goddamn dog breeder 

6 years ago
Fuck old dead people, they're not interesting at all amirite. Ideal scenario is not knowing the names of anyone past your grandparents and then never allowing your parents to mention THEIR parents to your kids for sure.

6 years ago

What with all the slave and Indian rape going on in the past, people gotta know if they’re really white or just passing.

6 years ago

That part is on my mother's side, My 3rd great grandfather (On my father's side) use to have slaves, about 47 of them and when the America civil war came up, they have to let them go free, 

Because the north has won by the skin of their teeth.

6 years ago

See now talking about your slave owning ancestors would have at least been more interesting to start off with.

6 years ago

We, fully stop using slaves when my second great grandfather Daniel Hector McMillan, Fired his 12 slaves, At his home, The Boulevard across from Springfield Park - Jacksonville, FL - Early 1900's 

6 years ago

No, pretty sure the North kicked the South's ass and didn't just "win by the skin of their teeth". 

6 years ago

-_O Really know? Please explain yourself.

6 years ago

The North had more men and a more powerful economy, the South had far more division among the leaders and a shit ton more class division amongst the population, President Jefferson Davis was a terrible leader, the North was far superior in logistics and infrastructure for fighting, Lee led the South on a very aggressive campaign that crippled his forces, the North had superior generals overall despite shining examples among the South and the South were fucked when they got blockaded in and choked to death.

6 years ago
I'm just curious what level of strange and downright unnatural knowledge of lineage that non-Americans apparently feel my brother and I unknowingly passed on to my innocent niece by telling her a couple stories about my grandmother that incidentally contained mention of my great grandparents the other day. Or if anyone has advice on self censoring in the future even though... the best family members are always the dead ones so if nothing else why wouldn't you talk about them as a way to distract the more annoying, living kinds from taking about themselves?

6 years ago

Hang on, so you're not even Scottish, you're incredibly American? That does excuse your failure to speak English, admittedly.

6 years ago

Wow, guys... harsh as nails. :-:

6 years ago
I mean, not speaking English very well has been your most endearing character trait so far. When people are asking you what your first language is that's usually some kind of sign. Even armed with this new knowledge of your ancestry I still can't read most of your posts in the gun thread for instance without mentally applying some kind of hilarious over the top accent.

6 years ago

My brain works in some weird ass ways, Sorry for the bad word. 

When I was little my mother taught me mostly Pig Latin because we were in a bad area at that time,  After I turned five they put me to a school with other kids, to teach me to speak English which I suck at very much so, I didn't have any issues what so ever understanding English, But learning the words the right way of saying them is hard, That and my half Scottish accent makes it kinda hard for other people to understand me and so I have to repeat myself sometimes if they haven't been with me that long to get used to me how I talk.

I like it when some people can't understand what I'm saying half of the time because I can get away with some bad words here and there.

Like if I say County, It kinda sounds like I'm saying Cunt and so on.

6 years ago

Pig Latin.  Right.

6 years ago

NeedIay, Siay eryvay otay NderstandUay.

In English (Ineed, Is very to understand)

Like the word HotDog, Cut off the first letter of (H)otdog and put it in between at the end of the word, and add in ay at the end of at each word

otdogHay 

6 years ago
We know what pig Latin is, it's just very unlikely to actually be the language you were natively taught or work as any kind of excuse for being bad at grammar, omprendecay, oobnay?

This is like that invisible smiley guy thinking the 'secret languages' of text messages needed to be explained...are you sure you two aren't related?

6 years ago

Is his or her's last name McMillan?

6 years ago
>When I was little my mother taught me mostly Pig Latin because we were in a bad area at that time,

I feel like this has to be bullshit yet at the same time I need to know more.

6 years ago

No, I not telling you where that place is.

6 years ago
I have a really hard time believing there's any place on Earth where speaking Pig Latin is a survival tactic.

I mean I guess unless you lived in the hood and didn't want those iggernays kicking your ass for talking about them.

6 years ago

Holy shit you hit the nail on its head, like how those gang members use to throw rocks at my head to force me to give them my 25 cent's

Aw... Good painful times reminders...   ;-;

6 years ago

Yeah, I get him, I had to learn cockney rhyming slang to gawdon in me pope 'cause I had cheese bruvvers, innit. I'd go butcher's the auntie whenever gardens and bottles was on, that was my jah for Cockney geeza. Adam and Eve me on this one, bruv, I ain't telling no porkies.

6 years ago

I'm more annoyed at you claiming to be Scottish, even though your family came to America literally twenty seven years after it even became a country, so you're pretty much about as American as you can be. To say you're Scottish when your family's been in America that long is a ridiculous joke, you stupid cunt.

6 years ago

Whatever you think buddy, There's something called being Scottish American, because of my father side and mother side both having Scottish in them. 

So, you're right how you feel and think on the matter.

6 years ago

Well no, you didn't say you were Scottish American, you said Scottish. You weren't born in Scotland, your parents weren't born in Scotland and your grand parents weren't born in Scotland. Fuck, by your standards there are no Americans, because they're all just English men or Dutch or wherever their long ago ancestors were, in which case none of us are from there, because we're all originally Africans.

6 years ago

I give in to that part of the Africans.Because that right there is 100% you going to said.

6 years ago

Uh... yeah... it's right. I dare say everything I say is right, I'm pretty terrific. And it's why you should stop calling yourself Scottish. Either call yourself American, or call yourself African and prepare yourself for a lot of fucked up looks.

6 years ago

Alright, dad anything else?

6 years ago

I'm not your dad. Don't imply I am. If I had a kid, I'd succeed at raising something far, far better than you. Your dad is low level scum, and I won't allow comparisons between us.

But yeah, a lot else. Learn English. Get a picture. Stop pretending that you spent the first five years of your live learning exclusively Pig Latin.

6 years ago

At least I get some form of kindness outta you xD

6 years ago
Your great, great, great grandfather had a kid at the age of 72? Who does he think he is, Walder Frey, Mick Jagger?

6 years ago

Yeah... What's just say he is very healthy for an old man >-<

6 years ago

I agree with Will's reaction. What is this thread's point? Maybe if you had made it about everyone's lineage/ancestry, but no, you just posted your own as if evreyone was simply thirsting to know where you come from. You should feel ashamed for making such a pointless thread. 

But it's opened up an opportunity for the members of this site's favorite pastime, mocking and laughing at newbs, so gj I guess.

6 years ago

@EbonVasilis

Fine with me, MacMillan means ball mock anyways you can't get any shameful than that.

So, EbonVasilis what's is your family tree is like?

6 years ago
Hush you, Lore is great and we're keeping him.

Unless he's one of the usual alt makers doing weird performance art, then I will be very sad.

6 years ago

Yes, Ms. I well hush now...

6 years ago

Just make sure to properly feed him and give him lots of water to swim around in. We all know what happened the last time you decided to adopt a newb, so let's not accidentally kill this one too. I'm not sure you want to flush another one down the toilet.

6 years ago

O_o the fuck? How long did the last one before me last?!

6 years ago

This reminds me of that time me mum taught me ebonics to survive in the harsh environment. We moved in pairs with rope loosely tied around our wrists so we wouldn't lose each other. After school it was more ebonics training and my great great great 95 year old grandpapa had his second child. 

We celebrated with ebonics and song and dance. Thank you for sharing this and almost bringing the tears to my eyes. My eighty-four year old turtle is going to love this, I just know it. 

6 years ago

Uhh... Sure, take care now. 

6 years ago

I’m glad to hear everything worked out and you grew stronger from your experience.

6 years ago

Thank you. I could only grow stronger from this, as well as my turtle. He reads many of the comments on this forum enthusiastically. 

6 years ago

How big is your turtle?

6 years ago

Does he type as well? It would explain some offhanded comments made.

6 years ago
I know I've talked up Watership Down a lot but in truth it was a survival manual. My childhood was rough and there was many a time only my ability to say eat poop in the rabbit tongue (silflay hraka) was enough to keep me from harm at the hands of bullies and wildlife.

Made it really tough when we had to kill my pet rabbit in order to feed my eighteen aunts and uncles but my grandpa just wouldn't stop having kids with those underage Dominican hookers and for legal reasons he had to adopt the mothers too. Flopsy was a good conversationalist and also my only friend.

6 years ago
This whole thread is absurd.

6 years ago
Your face is absurd.

6 years ago
stfu i'll spark you

6 years ago

Everyone lets all clam ourself's down, Take in deep breathes and let out a sigh of peacefulness, alright? O_*

6 years ago

The main problem is you’ve given us no fucking story. You didn’t even do much with slave owning ones. You just gave us a list of names and fucking dates. Telling us about your ancestors doesn’t really do much for us unless there’s at least an amusing anecdote about them. 

You have to talk about if your kilt wearing ancestors got into clan wars, if one of them murdering the shit out of the English, if one of them managed to win the prize.

With the slavers you need to talk about how many slaves they raped, if they had a shitload of mulatto mongrels or not. 

You need to tell us if your whore of a great great great grandmother blew so many dudes that they named a street after her in the village she grew up in.

Interesting shit like that.

6 years ago

Fine, whatever, you guys want a rape story? I give you a rape story alright, you guys want to hear about fucking killing the English? I'm gonna give it to Y'all alright!

The Wars of Scottish Independence  1296 – 1328

After Robert, the Bruce killed John the Red Comyn in the Greyfriars Church of Dumfries he was forced to flee and hide in the Scottish Highlands. Bruce was sheltered by Maolmuire, chief of Clan MacMillan.The chief's brother, Gilbert, Baron of Ken stayed with the king and the Clan MacMillan fought at the Battle of Bannockburn. Gilbert is presumed to be the ancestor of the MacMillans of Brockloch, who was a large branch of the clan in Galloway.

An early branch of the Clan MacMillan was to be found at Loch Arkaig in Lochaber. However, tradition states that the family moved from this area on the orders of King Malcolm IV of Scotland and moved to the crown lands of Loch Tay in Perthshire. It was at these lands that Robert the Bruce was sheltered by the Clan MacMillan chief after he stabbed John Comyn the “Red Comyn”, chief of Clan Comyn. The Clan MacMillan again proved its loyalty to Bruce by fighting for him against the English at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314 during the Wars of Scottish Independence.

Chief Malcolm Mor Macmillan received the lands of Knapdale from the Lord of the Isles in 1360. The charter is said to have been inscribed on a rock on the beach at the Point of Knap.

It was reputed to have said:?”Coir MhicMhaolain air a Chnap?Fahad's a bhuaileas tonne ri crag”

Which is translated from Scots Gaelic (gaidhlig) as:?”MacMillan’s right to Knap?As long as this rock withstands the sea”

(This was later destroyed by Campbell of Calder in 1615). As vassals of the Lord of the Isles, the Macmillans were caught up in the aftermath of the forfeiture of the Lordship and lost control of Knap forever. They did, however, manage to keep the adjoining lands of Tireleacham. Even so, they were still harassed by the Campbells who had supplanted them. The Clan MacKintosh and Clan Cameron have long been at feud. The MacMillan supported the Clan Cameron and it is said that there was MacMillan's among the 30 warriors representing the Clan Cameron who fought against 30 warriors from the Clan Mackintosh at a set battle known as the Battle of The North Inch in 1396. It is said that four MacKintoshes survived the battle but were all mortally wounded and one of Cameron’s survived by swimming across a river to escape.

Castle Sween, on the banks of Loch Sween, is a ruined courtyard castle with ranges of buildings and towers. The castle was originally built by the Clan Sweeney but was held by the Clan MacMillan from 1362. The MacMillans were given the lands of Knap and the chiefs were then styled "of Knap". The castle has a tower named The MacMillan Tower that was named after them. To the south is the Kilmory Knap Chapel that houses the MacMillan Cross, an example of surviving Celtic art. The castle later passed to the Clan Campbell and is now in the care of Historic Scotland.

15th century

The Clan MacMillan is also said to have been involved with The Palm Sunday Massacre of 1430 between the Clan MacKintosh and the Clan Cameron. Alexander MacMillan is remembered in Knapdale for the tower he built at Castle Sween which he held for MacDonald the Lord of the Isles in the 1470s.

16th century

Following the demise of the Macdonald’s Lordship of the Isles at the beginning of the sixteenth century, the MacMillan’s lordship of Knapdale was given by the crown to the Clan Campbell, whose tenants the MacMillan's thereafter became; and it was probably at this time that a son of the last MacMhaolain Mor a Chnap who remained loyal to the Lord of the Isles fled Kilchamaig in South Knap to re-establish a branch of the family in Lochaber, who became the Macmillans of Murlagan. The chief of the Clan Cameron who was the clan that had defeated the Chattan Confederation as the Lairds of Lochaber let Murlagan and the neighbouring farms on Loch Arkaigside to the MacMillans for sword-service, and Clann ‘ic ‘illemhaoil Abrach (”the Lochaber M’millans”) were among Lochiel’s most important and loyal followers from the time of the last risings in favour of the forfeited Lords of the Isles in the middle of the sixteenth century

17th century

Macmillan of Knap was considered chief of the clan and when the line became extinct in 1665, the title passed to the Dunmore branch, and from them to the Lagalgarve branch in which it is still vested.

18th century & Jacobite Uprisings

The Clan MacMillan is not noted as being a Jacobite clan, however, tradition states that there were two MacMillan's who carried the Chief of Clan Cameron of Lochiel from where he fell at the Battle of Culloden. However, the Clan MacBain also claim to have carried Lochiel of the battlefield at Culloden. Prince Charles Edward Stewart made his last stand from the Clan MacMillan home in Arkaig.

Clan castles & memorials

The Castle Sween includes a tower which stands as a memorial to the MacMillans. The other MacMillan memorial is a cross which stands in the churchyard at Kilmory. This cross is recognized as one of the finest surviving examples of Celtic art in Scotland and shows a chief of the MacMillan's hunting deer.

6 years ago
Well now you're just copy and pasting Wiki articles.

1/8

6 years ago

Hey! you guy's want to hear about of the killing the Engish part, and there you go. Do you wanna hear just my branch side of the story?

Like how my second great-grandfather brother died in the first great world war?

Because there's like five or six branches in the MacMillan tree?

6 years ago
Go write an actual, minimum 1000 word story with a family member as the main character and post it in the CC by this time tomorrow, or terrible things may happen to you.

6 years ago

O-o Well,... I'm surely fucked, way more worst, when I pop out my kneecap in bed.

6 years ago

Shit, he died way too late in life if this is where his great family line has gone to.

6 years ago
Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

6 years ago

Why, will he do that to you?

6 years ago
This Thread... this is why I don't use the Forums very much :) I can't even begin to comprehend this.

6 years ago

Just play it as a bad dream, and the days are from now, it will be a forgotten dream.

Or not who knows. 

6 years ago
Lore is the best and most precious noob we've had in ages, I'm not sure what everyone is going on about.

6 years ago

I guess this is where we'll dump our family histories or something.

One of my great great great uncles (that is, a great great grandparent's brother) invented the condiment dispenser.

6 years ago
I read that as condom dispenser and it was a lot funnier.

6 years ago

Was waiting for someone to soil it. Ngl it came sooner than I imagined it would.

6 years ago

One of my ancestors was a Huguenot minister who was killed by Indians in Nova Scotia.

Another was kicked out of Plymouth colony.

6 years ago

Most of you lot were probably spawned by thieves and whores, and probably not even that far back in your lineage.

6 years ago

It's rather humorous how many of my ancestors from one side of the family got kicked out of where they lived-- usually for religious reasons, but I'm also descended from Rollo.

6 years ago

Wow, I feel so inspired. Thank you for giving me your shit backstory. I feel like I’m in some kind of Pokemon game. 

What is it with people and trying to document every since piece of their history? Are you some sort of slave owner?

6 years ago

The page can’t take all my responses so it basically means I’m limited to my somewhat praise or mockery and can’t put in more posts.

Does anyone else find the white partion of oversizing in a post 2 days ago somewhat weird?

Do we have a hate for Scottish people now, well I hear there bullied a lot.

Why so much backlash, he didn’t talk trash, he wasn’t in any way brash about the subject. He just shared his heritage which sounded a lot like the African American “migration”.

Is anyone gonna point out how many ****ing site members we have on his case?

We have admins on this guy.

Must be pretty famous now huh.

MacMillan means ball mock-Lore Of History

What the hell?

Fine, whatever, you guys want a rape story? I give you a rape story alright, you guys want to hear about fucking killing the English? I'm gonna give it to Y'all alright!-Lory Of History

Not weird at all

This whole thread is absurd.-AzBaz

Your face is absurd-mizal

Damn...

what is it with fucking Americans and wanting to trace their lineage like a goddamn dog breeder ?-Malkalack

American hate at its finest, just be prepared for a trump nuke to the face

Hang on, so you're not even Scottish, you're incredibly American? That does excuse your failure to speak English, admittedly.-SteveTheGamer55

America Fuck Yeah!

6 years ago

Shit, I forgot about the rape story.

6 years ago

Sorry about your dad, dude.