Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The "inclusive" CoGites, folks. Lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

"I mean, how could anyone ever write a story where the protagonist is not an exact representation of every single person (and furry) on the planet? You'd have to possess the superpower of Imagination to read it, and us CoGites are clearly deficient in that area."

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Maybe it's not imagination, maybe it's more of a failure of human empathy.

Weirdly, these people would all be fine playing as a magical unicorn or alien lizard person though.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Lol that MeltingPenguins guy/gal/whatever is usually good for giggles on their forum too.

But what the guy they're quoting describes is also known as 'lazy fucking writers' and one of the main reasons I won't spend money on their games anymore. I lose all patience for generic copy and paste characters right about the time people want to charge ten bucks for them and act like a script swapping pronouns around in an identical block of text counts as 'choices '. I could just buy a normal book for that matter, it would have more interesting and believable character and about as much branching as the average COG game anyhow.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Btw is this a good place to talk about how much I despise 'romance option' characters written as generic featureless sex puppets meant to be molded complete to the reader's whims? If they're so unimportant of a character that you don't even let them be a real character why include them at all?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well it makes sense if you're playing as a straight male or lesbian character, because women are just featureless sex puppets that should be molded completely to the whims of their keeper.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

One of these days i said i hated islam on the Guns of Infinity thread and half a world of triggered liberals descended upon me. Good times.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
How many centuries was your ban?

I never got why liberals were so quick to defend a culture that is violently against everything they care about and believe in but hey look at me expecting consistency from liberals lol

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Unfortunately wasn't banned, but came pretty close to.

After happily chatting history buff things, some crazy dude started saying shit about muslim conquests being good. So i corrected him and pointed out they burned fucking books in Alexandria and did a lot of bad shit all the way to India.

They started antagonizing me for whatever reason and trying to justify that and their lack of progress in regards to the west, to which i said after a while "Well, i just find their ways disgusting". Then the liberal nation attacked and even the game author came out of hiding to fight.

There was a dude so angry that he started to use caps lock and talk about me hating middle eastern people or something. So after tiring of discussing that shit, i backed off.

After this episode and people starting to act all passive-aggressive when i asked about the game, i stopped using those forums and i am glad i did it.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

yeah, most muslims get really triggered when people talk about 9/11 because idiots love to say crap about muslims and terrorism and it gets pretty old. I personally don't take offence for most of it as long as you aren't deliberatly trying to causse a fight. however, everyones different and because we get so much bad press about stupid sh*t I can understand why he flipped. You probably did absolutely nothing wrong but  say muslims kill everyone. (not literally). Again, don't feel to bad, he was probaly having a bad day.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

My problem wasn't the overly belligerent dude spamming caps lock and attacking me. My problem was the backlash that a single, different opinion causes in that place.

I have no problems with religion. I do think, however, that christianity and christian society progressed further after protestantism and reforms, which is not particularly something i observed in Islam. Hell, i have yet to see a single religiously extremist christian nation, or of any other religion, besides islamic.

I don't hate muslims, but i do believe they could do a lot of things better than now. Hate speech against Israel and internal squabble among sunni and shia certainly doesn't make it much better.

Meanwhile, there are a few madlad evangelical cultists around, but not anywhere near fucking bombing and killing innocent people. And without a shred of actual theology to back them up.

Again, just my personal take. Doesn't justify dogpiling or insulting on that level.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I remember when I first read something over at that place. I thought about writing a story here based on their criteria. I realized it would literally be 100 or so pages and thousands of words -- with zero story because all that would be just allowing the reader to customize the character. Of course then would come the actual story -- that would have nothing to do with the hundreds of pages of customized characterization, but at least The COG readers would be slightly not completely upset...

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I want to see someone write 8 different, 60k apiece stories and put it into a CoG game. Entirely separate adventures and characters based on whether your a straight dude or a bland blob.

For Mizal to keep track:

1) straight dude
2) straight chick
3) gay dude
4) gay chick
5) bi dude
6) bi chick
7) born a chick, now a dude (by choice)
8) born a dude, now a chick (by choice)
9) born a chick, now a dude (only because mommy wanted a boy though)
10) born a dude, now a chick (only because mommy wanted a girl though)
11) ace dude
12) ace chick
13) bland blob
14) furry

Oh, crap, that's way more than 8!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
But wait, they can't be different adventures, because that would imply that some of the choices are better than others. So they have to be identical, but customized for the selection!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This isn't enough paths, and it offends me! Trans people can be straight, gay, bi or ace too! And ace people can still be straight, gay or bi, depending on what they're romantically interested in, or have no romantic interest in anyone at all. And same goes for furries ... actually, fuck furries. They don't deserve even a single path. :) But still, this offends me greatly, and I hope you get banned!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
The worst part is none of them are blind - except to the fact that the story's existence is somehow offensive.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The blind path should just have blank page after blank page.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
2-D pictures of braille.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Ford's contest story basically has something similar to that, though it's even funnier. (transnigger, literally a giant jar of piss, etc.)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
No matter what you pick you end up as a cis white male though... The most offensive of all.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Cis white non-retarded male engineer working at a high quality lab without complaints about quality of life regardless of the fact that the rest of the world is in peril

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I'm not sure what a giant jar of piss could achieve in a story without being a magical giant jar of piss.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Find me a giant jar of piss that ISN'T magical.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Who would piss in a jar anyway? It would make sense if it was a bottle during a car travel or similar. But why would someone bring an empty jar during a common trip?

Thus piss jars are magical. Checkmate, atheists.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Oh my god, they think singing showtunes is indicative of fragile masculinity (sorry, "fragil")!? How dare they! That is so sexist! A man should be allowed to express his feelings however he sees fit. This is outrageous I tell you! OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Can't help but kinda agree with the guy getting attacked here. Anyone heard of Choices stories we choose or something on the AppStore? I recall how many of these games were inspired with a female protagonist in mind, so the occassional guy sides of it felt very tacked on.

I'm sure it has more to do with lack of  interest in developing the guy side. Also relevant to a lack of experience on the author.

In their defense, I'm sure it takes extreme skill to write from the perspective of a gender you've never experienced before.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Why on earth would it take much skill to write from a gender you've never experience? Writers are expected to be able to write from perspectives they've never experienced, be it sci-fi marine, Orc warrior or whatever. Compared to that, gender doesn't mean much.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Sure, I guess not, but alot of the experiences there are imagined and unreal, therefore it can compare to anyone's writing on the subject. Men and women are real, so writing from their perspectives should be harder. At least that's my own thoughts on it, as someone who hasn't written much, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Yeah, but soldiers, criminals and cops are all real, but we write from their perspective all the time.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I guess there's more pressure, my grandfather for instance was involved in nasa, so when we saw space movies with him, he got upset about the story because he kept thinking "that's not how space physics works." I personally don't like seeing a bunch of guys describe how "beautiful" my appearance is if I'm playing as a guy as well. Idk, i just don't think there's an easy way to do it personally.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I guess it's easy to get things wrong in regards to something real when you're writing with a bias or just uninformed. Otherwise, since they like to say their games allow representation, you'd expect the gender choices to have more impact than a bunch of nouns and some phrases.

I suppose equality is equality, even if it's mediocre.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
That's the standard of every official COG game. Like six gender and sexuality choices minimum but none of it means anything, it's literally just copy and paste. It hurts the stories massively because while making a big show of being able to play as endless characters they actually deny you even a single one because they have to be written so generically to fit the format and their interactions with other characters are the same.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I'm currently working on a project where you can pick your gender, race, skills, roll for stats, etc. basically like a tabletop RPG. Since all of the races have their own histories and backgrounds (actually "background" is a different modifier but w/e that one most just affects skills), most of the npc interactions are different for every person depending on their character creation. It's taking for-freaking-ever. They mostly affect skills and stats and the way some NPCs treat you, but it's still a huge amount of extra work that I can understand someone not wanting to put in. But why have the options in the first place if they mean nothing?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Why is that dude getting berated for saying he wants to keep a lock on the character when it's the solution for this problem?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Standard practice when you're at CoG.

Saying your story will be gender locked to male is a sure way of getting everyone to dogpile on you.

Locking the protagonist to straight, basically makes you the worst person ever.

He was going to do both. Lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I don't understand what giving the 'option' of making the character gay would even accomplish. The love interests would still be the exact same character, just with everything about them swapped around to pander to the player.

I'd just much rather play a game with established characters who are their own characters. Whatever they happen to be, it's the author's job to make me empathize and relate to them. Half the point of fiction is getting you inside the head of someone who isn't you.

Also I feel like I'd probably get shit if I went over to COG and said I just couldn't ever bring myself to read a story about a gay character, even though why should I, when by their logic I should only be able to enjoy games about straight women.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I get having the option to make the character gay above everything else via adding in male love interests, like in Mass Effects. That's done in a few places and it's cool, but when you're keeping the same love interest but changing their gender to suit the sexuality of the player, you've fucked up.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Because toxic CoGites need to show off their lib power and berate anyone that doesn't offer them the definitive "representation" in their games.

Ironically, some of the good games they have are genderlocked male (Lords of Aswick, Infinity Sea series), but i guess they didn't suffer backlash because they allow/will allow gay shit. This one genderlocked and locked straight, which is their natural call to crusade and dogpile.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I know the one that gets bashed a lot over there is some super hero series. There's usually a lot of bitching that while it had a LGBT stuff, it didn't portray it in a positive enough light. (I think there was some LGBT infighting or something)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Aside from Fallen Hero i don't remember much of their other superhero games. But they bitch at pretty much everything that deviates from the "norm".

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Paul Wang's stuff is fantastic. Infinity series is so good it even got me over my disappointment in his parents not naming him Peter instead.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It's not like the poster doesn't have a point. Rarely do the gender choices add anything to the story.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Actually have a larger funny exchange that happened a couple days ago, but need to get around to sorting it and I figured this one was worth posting now.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Microaggression...

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Where can I volunteer to be one of these sensitivity readers?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Also how the fuck does one 'howl softly'? This story looks really bad, I question whether even Coins can save it.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Auuuuuu 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

This might just be the most beautiful conversation I've ever seen. ^_^

Ironically, it's actually pretty offensive to trans people for this guy to say it isn't okay for a trans character to get hysterical. I mean... It's okay for straight, cis characters to be interesting, unique people with their own set of pros, cons and quirks, but not transgender characters! Transgender characters should all be Mary Sues and have no character flaws whatsoever, because having the character be anything short of 100% perfection is transphobic, apparently... (Either that or coins is an incredibly glorious troll, in which case I'm a complete idiot.) cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Some of that conversation might be slightly out of order, but given that they kept telling Corgi to move the discussion to two different fucking channels and deleted some of it, I think I got the best bits. (So far)

Hilarious that a kid named Foxboi with a furfag rainbow avatar is getting triggered over incest. Hell it's funny that any of them are given that they're always crying about kink shaming and such. So much for being "progressive." (And as usual MeltingPenguin is leading the outrage brigade)

I can only guess several of these folks had bad touch uncles, which would explain a lot really.

In other news, I guess we managed to have an effect on their channel settings. Lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This is amazing.

Like I said, I thought this was a site that prides itself on being 'sex positive' and here they are shaming Corgi and getting all alarmed over something that's common as fuck in a TV show I'm sure they all watch. Incest between royalty in a fantasy or historical story isn't even worth raising an eyebrow over.

Also lol at the rainbow flag furry boi who faps to some of the most depraved shit on the internet suddenly acting like a mere mention of incest is something too horrible for his innocent eyes to see. Fucker, you are a part of a community that harbors more pedos than the weebs. Normalizing the most repulsive shit is what you people are all about.

Who is BritAnon btw?

e: Whoops, was going to transcribe for Maya but I forgot she's in there too....

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

You can still transcribe it for her. Due to her lack of strategic planning, she told them she was under 18 when she first arrived and now thanks to their "baby proofing" Serious Discussion, she can't see what's going on in there. (Or can't get the robot speaker to tell her what's going on in there anyway)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

LMAO!!! This little conversation does make me happy.

I just really want to know the context, now. Which historical King was banging his daughter? cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Sister fucking was way more common, but Ramesses II married several of his daughters.

The Egyptians even had this concept of marrying a 'double niece', meaning the daughter of your sister and brother.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I dunno, this was something Corgi was working on and I wasn't around when he started up the conversation which is partially deleted.

I do remember a fairy tale where a king so overcome with grief for the death of his wife he ends up trying to marry his daughter because she grows up looking like her mother. (At the ripe old age of 16. As was the style at the time)

This tale had a bunch of variations, mostly involving her running away and disguising herself as a peasant maid covered in soot/coal (OMG BLACKFACE).

The version I read must have been the original unedited version since she ultimately doesn't get away, her dad discovers her and marries her and they live happily ever after. (Guess she decided fucking her dad every now and then was still better than living practically like a slave in squalor)

No seriously, that's how it ended, there was no "moral lesson" or anything like that. Just a king marrying his daughter because it's fucking great to be the king.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Oh yeah, this is the Donkey Skin story, although I've never been able to find the original. The Queen on her deathbed makes him promise to not marry anyone unless they're more beautiful than she is, so the story actually makes it out to be her fault when even in the 'happy' incest-free version the father comes back to his senses and is totally forgiven.

The only reason the prince was in love was her btw was that he was a creeper who 'by chance' had looked through the keyhole of her bedroom. (I love fairytales...)

A few authors have apparently written their own versions of it as a Serious Story of Child Abuse, Jane Yolen even going so far as to restore the fucked up incest ending.

e: ok just looked up the original and the thing with the prince is even better, he was 'seeking adventure from court yard to court yard' aka wandering around looking in EVERY girl's bedroom probably. It must've been pretty cool to be royalty.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

This Yolen (or whoever wrote that page) must have serious issues if they think a story about an incestuous father pregging a whole generation is educative or insightful in the least.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Jane Yolen is a pretty well known YA fantasy author, she's got a lot of good novels. That particular story was for a collection of short stories about child abuse that several people contributed to, meant to raise awareness or whatever I guess although I'm sure somebody out there fapped to it anyway. The site I linked is by someone else who probably should find a hobby.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I think I vaguely remember reading this story before... Only in my version the King died and the princess ran away with Griffith. cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Another Berserk fan? Praise hiatus.

now back to the eternal boat trip

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Donkeyskin has this. The daughter escapes by dressing up as a donkey.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Good job reading the thread!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I didn't bother, seemed boring.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Just pointing out, I've read books written in the 1700s where 'accidental brother/mother fucking' was a plot point. Fucking 18th century audiences were less prudish than your average COGite.

And of course who can forget:

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Crusader Kings 2 had a DLC trailer making it a selling point.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
SEDUCE YOUR RELATIVES while epic music plays lmao.

I've gotten that event where the king has an affair before and it just seems to pick a random woman in court....in this case his daughter who went on to have a son and I had to make the decision whether to declare him legitimate.

Assassinated him later for unrelated reasons but it was a weird situation all around.

Although tbf not as weird as the time the spymaster, my character's wife, suggested that his wife be killed.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Amateurs. You have not really played the game until you fuck the horse-pope who is in your council, become an immortal hermetic and reunite the Roman Empire.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
That one's a must have DLC for the true CK2 fan.

Also, Zoroastrians respect you more when you marry a close relative. Mother, sister, daughter. All great.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Hey, technically he didn't know. It's like Jon with Daenerys, except Leia ends up with Ser Jorah  Han Solo.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
George Lucas knew.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I mean the character. Lucas is a madman

EDIT: Oops, wrong relevant link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

When it’s revealed though, Leia says that somehow “She’s always known.” so much like Dany, she probably would have been cool with it, had Han not shown up swinging his bullwhip around.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
@corgi213 Are you aware you named a character after a kind of chicken seasoning?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I am aware, originally something gave me the idea that there was some mythical creature with the name as well. But after some searching I gave up trying to find a concrete answer, but I found out about the seasoning and just said fuck it lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well I've found this page, otherwise if you want to be more highbrow there's this lol. Fun fact: all the different names for tarragon in english, french, german, spanish and italian actually derive from the greek word for dragon. Probably some ancient drunkard mistook the bushes for a baby dragon or whatever, but you could use this as excuse.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

That's also what I had found at one point as well, I remember seeing something that Tarragon meant dragon, or dragon plant.  So I decided to go with it.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Did i already tell you how glad i am of walk out of toxic, bottomless pit?

Anyway, neither side is completely right. While i think that the inherently evil culture argument is used stupidly (why the hell should XXI century japanese and germans be ashamed of nazis and imperialism?), it's fucking demons being talked about here. It's not like the sheer origin, basis and appearance of demons isn't negative from the get go. Arguing demons shouldn't be portrayed as bad or that orcs should be respected by human counterparts goes against the tropes and expectations about these races (not that it's a bad thing).

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The argument wasn't that the culture is still the same. Germans nowadays shouldn't feel bad at all their people used to be brutal Nazis. That's not their fault at all. However, the existing culture in Nazi Germany was inherently evil, as was, say, the Aztec culture, or Confederate culture. That was the point, not that that means anyone today should feel bad, as all of our ancestors have no doubt did awful shit.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I'm not talking about the argument being used here, i meant i understand some of MeltingPenguin reaction to the subject. 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

But her reaction was fucking stupid. It was brought up that the Nazi's culture was awful, and she got super offended and assumed she was being called a Nazi because she was German. That's not an understandable reaction, that's stupid.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I agree that it's stupid, but it's plausible that she heard the argument that germans should be ashamed because nazis. It's also something of a controversial subject, taking their extreme censorship into account.

Doesn't mean she was right acting like a child and calling the mods.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

But that wasn't what was said. Nothing like that was said.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Exactly, which is why her attitude was uncalled for and stupid. I think she did try to counter the shame argument , which is probably what MeltingPenguins  thought they were getting at with the inherently evil culture bit.

I can only come to the conclusion it is a "sensitive subject" to the cogite and/or she gets triggered easily like the rest there.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Good God. Well I'm sure MeltingPenguins would agree that CoG is a cult and not a culture.

Taking the subject more seriously, I personally identify cultures with longer periods of time, but yeah it's difficult to define what exactly a culture is. Defining a cult is easier though, and nazism and fascism were not cults. In fact, saying they were just cults diminishes the importance they actually had for millions of people. They were political alignments, parties that assumed control over entire countries. As every political party they had their own ideology, but I wouldn't reduce them to cults.

As for the orc child, I think it could go either way. On one hand if the orc was brought up by another culture he would probably conform to their morality etc, since I don't believe orcs are inherently evil at birth. On the other hand, it would be perfectly reasonable for a paladin to kill him if they have very rigid moral views. I'd personally spare and assimilate him, but I understand why others wouldn't. Of course if you were writing a CYOA you'd simply put this as a choice and avoid the responsibility of the decision.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

If you do, I'll change my example of an inherently evil culture to Aztecs or the Pre-Civil War South.

Also, what's your logic on it being perfectly reasonable for a paladin to kill him if the orc isn't inherently evil at birth? Wouldn't strict morals mean he'd HAVE to take in and raise the child, while someone with less strict morals can kill it, knowing that it's a waste of time to protect the baby and if he lets the Orcs raise it it'll be evil.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Hm, I could have explained myself much better. I meant indoctrinated paladins who were taught that orcs and the likes are inherently bad and believe morals are connected to one's nature and race. Extremists if you want. I guess I wouldn't call them paladins at this point, but they'd probably think they are since they're usually lawful good and they are following the law/general belief. I don't think that that would be the moral thing to do either, but it can be coherent with the character's beliefs.

As for my view of cultures, they usually are made up of a lot of aspects and traditions (art, literature, food, clothes etc) so I don't think it's right to label one as completely evil. Of course there are some that have many evil laws or customs, but I try to avoid identifying the whole culture with those things only.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
The thing about existing in a D&D universe where Good and Evil are objective things with capital letters is that regardless of their beliefs or any kind of indoctrination, a paladin that does an Evil act like killing a baby will be turned into just a shitty fighter without powers.

The way to identify without question whether something is Evil is to have a paladin do it once and see if they fall.

And this is why alignment systems as more than a loose guideline at character creation are boring and dumb. Although I do find fiction that treats it all as a part of the 'physics' in the universe and explores the limitations and freedom within it kind of fascinating. Order of the Stick is hard to beat in that regard.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Aah, extremists. That does make more sense, I understand.

And I agree no culture is completely evil, sure, but that's because no real thing is completely evil. Inherently, evil, however, yes, definitely.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
'Nazis are evil? What are you trying to say I'm evil because I'm German? Mods, mods! Make him stop! Omg just stop talking! Stop, stop, I can't handle it! '

Like wtf, seriously. How did she even make that leap and how does anyone this fragile make it to the bus stop in the morning let alone through the rest of a day without winding up curled up under a desk in a fetal position and shaking before lunch?

And it's not like anyone involved is even deliberately trying to mess with her, that's a pretty bog standard topic that comes up in any fantasy alignment discussion. (Alignments are an inherently retarded concept by the way)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It's going to be amusing the next time the term "rape culture" is thrown about since going by her definition, there can't be "rape culture."

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Rape is a cult!

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

And all men are cultists!

Oh and as for the Nazi culture thing: https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/2431.htm

I mean I can see if you want to try to make the argument that Nazism is a cult today, but back in 1930s Germany? That shit definitely became the culture. It dominated every aspect of life there for a period of time long enough that everyone is still talking about them. (Just like now!)

This isn't even touching on the slave owning civs that Steve mentioned. Hell, one of the biggest arguments you get an average southerner going on about is how the confederate flag is its part of their culture. Then the counter point is how their culture involved slavery and the flag represents that. Can't very well claim the slave owning south was a cult at that point.

Of course MP ignored everything else, got hysterical and just focused on Nazis because she's German and has a bunch of that white guilt shit that a lot of them seem to have indoctrinated in them over there. (Well except for the Nazis obviously)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Come on, you can't act surprised the Cogites have a shit ton of white guilt, especially the German ones.

Although, an interesting point is Melting Penguin's avatar. It's a black woman. Now, I don't want to generalize and say there isn't a lot of black Germans, but there isn't. There's lots of black Americans due to slavery and Indian British due to colonialism, but since Germany's a fairly new nation and kind of had a phase of "Maybe we kill the foreigners", most native born Germans are pretty white. So, is Melting Penguin an exception, OR is she white and putting a black person as her profiler as some fucked up race hate thing towards herself?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Why don't you ask her?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

She could be Turkish, lots of Turks in Germany and the avatar isn't very dark after all. But I like your second option better.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Counterpoint: nearly all SJWs are extremely white, especially those suffering from crippling depression and anxiety.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Yeah, that's why I said I liked the second option better. Someone should really ask her, just to confirm the rule.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

On CoG you can see a bigger image of the avatar in her profile and it seems more of an ambiguous brown color than black.

She mentioned she got mistaken as Mexican once so she could just have some mixed blood of Mediterranean descent.

EDIT: Or what undr said and she's a Turk.

EDIT 2: Or the other theory others proposed which is she's just some whiny whitey.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Even some genetically 'pure' Germans can be kind of darkly completed tbf. My grandpa has some stories of being refused alcohol in South Dakota or somewhere until he showed his ID to prove he wasn't Native American lol.

Undr, by the way can you confirm my theory that a lot of German women are born with genes that make them bitchy and humorless and psychotic?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Confirmed. One was very bitchy and psychotic to me on a flight when I was 8.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

But... If she's a white person using a black avatar... Isn't that cultural appropriation? cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
What if she's a Turkish person using a black avatar? Now it gets more complicated. Like I figure it's at least 50% acceptable for @Digit to do the same, but he could up it to 75% if he was a darker kind of Mexican or at least got a good tan.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Nah, I'm pretty sure cultural appropriation only applies to white people.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
The old Briar is back!

I've been meaning to ask - I remember Stryker posting lots of numbers about the lack of profitability of CoG stories - were you able to get a meaningful return on your hosted story? As in a week of groceries, several months rent, a used car . . . a new car?

Granted, a pack of gum would be more than what you generally get posting stories for free ^_^

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Pack of gum would be more accurate, my first HG was an epic flop. (Apparently people don't like riddles) sad

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
That's a shame.

I hope you at least didn't pick Juicy Fruit. Five seconds of flavor isn't worth all the time that goes into a story.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
So judging by the COG forums it seems Briar got jealous and went to have her own fun with MoodyPenguin...

And by that I mean asked a reasonable question as if the person answering were a normal human being, and then stepped back to watch her contort and vomit pea soup of her own volition.

The greatest thing about these people is that you don't even have to troll them.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Given how much she cries for the mods and hysterical screams of "BIGOT" all the time, I'd say MeltdownPenguin is more accurate.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Oh shit. Yeah, let's go with that.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I helped skew the poll toward sanity ^_^

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I love how the very first thing Meltdown typed was accusations of biggotry, then she starts flailing about a million reasons it hurts their safe space.

I mean, if it's supposed to be realistic or convey a message, why do you care it's not a perfect LGBTBBQ haven? lol 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

"As writers, we have a responsibility to avoid attacking our readers in ways that could hurt them personally or further their discrimination." - Some faggot

Seriously, can I continue to say how much fucking bullshit this mindset is? CoGites keep telling this lie and its getting really old. All it does is stifle creativity and try to mold the author to do what YOU want. The writer should always do what THEY want.

And what the writer should do is stick with what they want to write.

This idea that the writer has to kowtow to the masses is seriously a mindset that needs to fucking die.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
"Like with any creative decision, you’ll find some who appreciate it - assuming it’s done well - and others who will hate it no matter how well it’s executed." ~ Bucky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It's infuriating, but if you want to get a living off entertainment, you have to bend to the audience. CoG just happens to have a target audience of pissed lefties who can't tolerate what goes against their agenda.

Perhaps the problem with living off writing is that you need to sacrifice some part of your freedom and creativity to appease your public or whatever enterprise backs you up.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Oh I get the whole "compromise = money" thing and that's just something that the writer is going to have to come to grips with on their own.

What I don't like is when you've got masses of ignorant fucktards telling every writer "Don't write this theme/story in this particular way because it's bad!"

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I'm not even convinced that's the audience that buys the games, it's just the forums have been completely taken over by these people and they cry for the mods to shut anybody else down.

I've gotten the impression a lot of the more active posters can't afford the actual games and I think that's half the reason they're always trying to get access to beta copies and such. Lots of depressed and anxious sad sacks who can't function normally there, and meanwhile if you browse the Google play reviews it seems the actual sales just go to normal people, some of which get weirded out or annoyed at the level of pandering.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Yeah, I would be surprised if the super vast majority of sales weren’t to average Joe’s.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Yeah, I think that definitely, the CoG forum community is only a very slim percentage of people who actually read the CoG games.

It's pretty interesting to see the contrast actually. In the CoG forums the consensus is generally, "Don't do anything that has even the slightest chance of offending anyone." Whereas, if you read some of the GooglePlay comments on the CoG games, they're all, "How DARE you give the option to play as non-binary? You're making Jesus cry!!!" cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This whole attitude is retarded as fuck. It's the reader's job to pick out stories that appeal to them, maybe fuck off with the idea that all authors both past and present, living and dead should've had your previous feefees in mind when telling their story.

I wonder if any of these people have ever walked into a library and just like, picked up a book with an interesting title or cover or whatever and started reading it. I'm guessing not since this would apparently end with them being carried out by paramedics.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

... It really, really, really was my own fault for asking. >.<

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
So am I eventually gonna get a link so I can post terrible things and get banned from the CoG discord or am I confined to keep watching cringey people from the sidelines? I don't mind either way really.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I figured you already had the link and just didn't give a fuck since you were busy hacking the site, beating Leora and taking classes in some high level math nerd shit. (Not necessarily in that order)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Actually I'm taking really low level electrical engineering classes and one math class this semester as my main course load so I have plenty of time to beat leora. Modern advancements in titty twisting have given rise to a whole new field of medium strength beating techniques ripe with undiscovered methods.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/should-trans-non-binary-characters-be-questioned-about-their-gender/46048

You guys really should check out this thread before it's deleted. MP just seems like such am unhappy person. How exhausting it must be to go through life with spittle and froth spraying out of your mouth every waking moment. Someone should cheer her up with a thoughtful gift. Perhaps a new belt.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Gotta love that when Briar finally read through everything and considered EVERYONE'S position, she's still getting shit and people trying to scold her into making the decision that THEY want her to.

Glad to see they proved the damn point I made in that thread as usual.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I’m pretty sure some of them only read the first and last sentences of posts. Paragraphs are too much work.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Oh dear. Haven't read that yet... This is not going to be fun. >.<

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Perhaps one made of penguins.

I don't know what i expected out of that thread, but i laughed real hard when i saw Nael mentioned Ines Brasil halfway through the post like some kind of real life victim.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

As we say here, that thread made my arms fall off. But I should just enjoy the comic reliefs it offered and keeps offering. Thanks Briar for sacrificing yourself to the CoGites.

> as an NB boy

Freudian slip?

> ma'am + sir = mair

Lol, sounds suspiciously like mare.

And poison_mara is obviously the best poster.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Oh my God, I love poison_mara. And I do actually agree with some of her points:

"But I don’t want people get anger. Sometimes I thinking trying to including people is worthless as You will be criticized hard for it no matter what you search or ask people from the collective. Minute one will people get angry and saying why you included x. Sometimes like now I am thinking stop searching and read about portrayal and use of terms etc… And just get rid of everything. And only add cis options."

...I think. Here Briar is going through all the trouble of having all these options and trying to get even more opinions and look, the COGites, they behave like animals. (Except animals are cuter and we like them.)

Anyway, someone ESL is trying a lot harder than a native speaker by default so I'm never going to go lol about the grammar, but for some reason posts like these are always just adorable to me. A refreshing break from being enraged at lazy noobs with useless teachers anyway, although I hope she has some really good editors unless she's planning to publish her story in Spanish.

Interestingly though it sounds like she has faced quite a bit of actual discrimination in whatever shitty country she's from.

"I have been misgendered as boy all my life. Due I don’t adhere patriarchy concepts of clothing. So i can’t imagine how hard is for Nb. I only know is hard for me as cis woman being Called Boy Or Tomboy and other mean stuff like you have boobs go dress like a woman. I have been called lesbian for dress masculine clothing."

And so on. So I do respect her a little just for this because the average COGite would immediately begin geysering salty tears and shits of rage and just fucking die if they encountered something like this in a fictional story, let alone real life.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

She's Spanish. To be fair Mediterranean people are usually blunter than Americans when criticizing physical appearance (i.e. it's not uncommon for a relative/friend/acquaintance to tell you that you should lose weight or to harshly criticize how you dress). It's not always nice but it's not seen as a big deal.

And I do like her more than the others, if anything because she puts a smile on my face.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Lol

This thread is hilarious.  I've actually thought of writing a story just for COG where no matter which gender option you pick, the antagonist is just an unrepentant cunt and makes fun of the protagonist, and makes them feel like absolute shit.  Can't imagine it would pass their rigorous screening and emotional testing process though.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I’ve been greeted by “Hi, I’m name, my pronouns are they/them, what are yours?” which seems like a reasonable way of establishing that

Interesting, this person has only interacted with robots their entire life and never even realized.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Lol, unless they mean "greeted online." If it was irl I'd really like to know where that happened though.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Non-binaries are actually robots. There are only two sexes.

Case closed.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Something really funny just happened.

I want you guys to look again at this first image from the OP, where people in the COG Discord are quoting someone who publicly said something they think is stupid, for the purpose of making fun of it:

Now, what in your opinion is the most hilariously, uniquely hypocritical COG-like thing that could result from this?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This totally should have been a new thread so it gets more attention.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
You could post that screenshot over on CoG and call out the hypocrites there. Then get banned for straying from the flock of sheep.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Took them long enough. Lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Lol, and we have our answer.

We already were taking bets on when they'd find some excuse to randomly kick you so this is the best way possible it could've gone. Once again there's not even any trolling or baiting required, it's like, just hang around politely in the general vicinity and watch them be cringy AND hypocritical AND dense as hell, and they just keep doing it in a public place and then act surprised and hurt when bystanders have a giggle.

Endmaster, who is the guy GoldenSilver was quoting btw? Did anyone ever send him that screenshot?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Can't remember off the top of my head, I know he got his thread locked or something. I actually told the guy they were talking shit about behind his back in a PM. He confronted them briefly but not much came of it.

Still, yeah it's hilariously hypocritical.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

"We can talk about that dude behind his back and mock him and it's fine, but if it's us? Absolutely halal!"

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Invite him here. We can take COG's gender-locked, their whores, the huddled asses yearning to post free (no homo), the righteous and wretched, beaten and sore.

As long as he's not Honduran I mean.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I did that too, but seems like he disappeared completely though.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Oh dear. They killed him.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Hmm, the Gestapo moved quickly. Must be Goebbels.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well I hope you've learned your lesson! Taking screenshots of people's conversations so that you can make fun of them behind their backs? Seriously! You should all be ashamed of yourselves! cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The vast majority of COGites are fragile cunts who can't write for shit, mostly because they're too afraid to take any real risks with a story or, as has been repeatedly stated in this thread and in our Discord, are too worried about what their little snowflake friends might think about it to write what they want. They're so scared of offending someone that they end up wimping out and writing something that's bland. Wanting your stories to be inclusive and have diverse characters shouldn't stop you from fucking them over because "oh, people's feefees might get hurt". Yeah? Well grow the fuck up, people get their feefees hurt all the time, you're not attacking them personally by having a person of their race or gender or sexuality or whatever getting hurt, are you?

Also, in regards to this thread... Some of them ask whether it serves the story to have people be confused over what gender a trans/nonbinary MC is, or to have someone call a trans/nonbinary MC by their assigned pronouns than by their preferred pronouns to spite them. Now I ask this question: does it serve the story to include all these meaningless gender options that just change what people call you when referring to you by gender? Does it add anything to the story to include all these bland and interchangeable romance options who are just there for your character to make sexy time with? Is the story really better when you include all these characters whose sole defining characteristic is being black/Muslim/Asian or trans/non-binary/gay/whateverthefuck? The answer to that is a big fat fucking no.

To end this little mini rant... Hey MeltdownPenguin, if you're reading this, can you grow up you dumb bitch? And if you're not reading this, random COGite guest that is reading this, go tell her that I said that please.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Have you been bitten by a were-capy recently?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Probably.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This is the most you've written in a month! Yesss, channel that rage, let the hate consume you. Angry Chris is much more exciting than mopey unmotivated Chris.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Alright, everyone calm down a bit for awhile, we've made peace again with our Cogite neighbors. (again)

Okay first things first.

THIS thread isn't being deleted. There was a request for it to be deleted, but for several reasons that's just not something that can be done. All that can be done is "moving on."

Now the concern was that THIS thread will continue to fan the flames of hatred and strife. I on the other hand believe that much like most topics around here it's going to sink to the bottom and occasionally be linked to as a memory of good times like other threads since something new and shiny will inevitably pop up. (Probably tomorrow)

In any case, by all means continue to make fun of them if you so desire when they say eye rolling things, just don't deliberately "troll" them.  And given the lot we have here I think you all know if you're genuinely trolling or not. (This actually isn't a new policy, more like me repeating the old one from last time.)

In any case, the CoGites can now rest easy in their safe spaces, and the CYSers can go back to being terrible to each other (and everyone else)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

"By all means continue to make fun of them if you so desire when they say eye rolling things"

Image result for okay this is epic

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
The thing End didn't mention is that a particular COGite ( we don't know who but we can guess who) went sobbing to their leader who had to sigh and come over here and beg for mercy on their behalf. Again.

If any of you were to ask Alex or even one of us to go to another forum on your behalf because you were too fragile and pathetic to speak up for yourselves everyone would laugh you off the site, but they do give him money so I guess the man got to do what he got to do.

(This was a founder of COG itself who to his credit managed to be very civil and polite even while on this humiliating errand. Again. The guy who banned End from the Discord is just some random faggot.)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Candid photo of COGite Discordians resuming peaceful existence within their bubble now that all external threats have been removed.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Fuck I almost burst out laughing during the lesson.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

A pillow fort? So that's how they protect their safe spaces... Hmmmm.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
To clarify, I don't think they should be deliberately bothered within their safe space and nobody ought to be trolling them...although as we can see by this thread it seems they get bothered enough just by people who are following all their rules simply speaking to them and also won't hesitate to turn on their own.

I don't really understand why anyone would post a thing publicly on the internet and then become ashamed or upset when it's read and discussed publicly on the internet, but this is basically the Saika thing all over again, only even sillier somehow.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The whole cordiality and education thing only serve when you're part of the flock. Once you stray they have the right to call you: racist, facist, nazi, neonazi, sexist, mysoginist, mysandric, homophobic, transphobic, arachnophobic, taxist, marxist...

The list goes on. But i've grown to stop caring about their perceived offenses and agenda. 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Trumpist?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Nah, just another brazillian conservative venting. Fucking left here is a complete disgrace.

EDIT: Wait a minute. I see what you did there.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I’d have been disappointed if you didn’t.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well In my opinion all of you are a bunch of cowards that  insulting people hidden here. Instead of doing it where we our targets can defend ourselves. Insulting people is easy at their backs. But  it is fucking hypocrite. But I don't are a coward like all of you so If any of you want to insult me I am here. But I know how reply assholes.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Hello, so glad you're here. What are your thoughts on the great savior of Spain, Francisco Franco? He did save Spain from the barbaric savage communists after all.  

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
You do realize this thread started with a screenshot showing a CoG affiliated discord channel where the people in the chat were mocking a CoG member who was not in the chat, right?

I have a nice black kettle to go along with your pot.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I barely understood half of this, but the general gist is we're all bad here because we make fun of what people say behind their backs?

If you look further up in the thread you'll see a screenshot taken form the Cog discord where your people are doing the exact same thing. I guess it's only a bad thing when other people do it, right?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I am not in discord And I am not a fascists. I also aren't a cogite or any shit of entitled anything I have been banned twice there. But I only want to say that was so terribly wrong in me To hae to name me. If you name otherw is no my fucking problem

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
What the fuck are you even trying to say?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

We literally said that we liked you better than the others.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The people we are insulting just happened to do what you said.

I guess the true hypocrites here are you and your friends.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

My friends? Half them I requested my banning. So No most people you are talking are no my friends. I am here because I was cited so I came here to see Why another page was insulting me. I go and say things to face. So I came here to see what is that I won't go cry or something

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Who told you you were being insulted here? I wonder why they would do something like that....

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Literally all anyone said in here about you was that you weren't that bad and they liked you?

I had no idea it was insulting to like someone lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
That's why I wanted to know who sent her, it sounds like they were trolling her probably knowing she wouldn't read our be able to follow the thread before doing her kamikaze thing.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Well that's not very nice of the cogites to do.

Though to be fair, if she had read any of our replies she should have figured it out by now. Even with her... uh, limited grasp of English.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I... What?

mizal said you were the most likable there. You can read it for yourself, it's in this thread.

And you just said we're just a bunch of cowards? Why, it's horrible when people prove of their own venom, isn't it?

Read the whole thread calmly, and then observe the behavior of the people we're talking about. Especially MeltdownPenguins.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It’s hard to insult someone who is doing such a good job of making themselves look absolutely stupid in front of a writing forum dedicated to professional writing. cheeky

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I will love seen you talking into another language you are learning. All of you are easy to insult but appart from that have any interesting ideas .?  Except endmaster who is a good author.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

The level of sheer and utter incoherence that you have is actually astounding. I hope you learn to grow a brain soon! Best wishes. 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Well this isn't going to end well, lol.

And this is the one we were even saying we liked. Once again just goes to show that having empathy for people is a mistake.

So @dfabulich I notice you and Poison seem to be asking for wildly different things. Is the customer always right, or should we have the man in the white robes drag her away?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Empathy requires a heart and other people understanding. Not Insulting everything that moves.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Lol You have to have a damn persuasion for  put me in drag I hare dresses like if were the devil lol

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I literally have no idea what you're saying, but please don't stop.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Drag in Spanish is the clothing drag queens uses. So  if you want put me in drag well that will not work

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Isn't that kinda homophobic by CoG standards? Hmmm.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Here, this will be your new best friend.

https://www.dictionary.com/

But, here is the definition for drag in English:to draw with force, effort, or difficulty; pull heavily or slowly along; haul; trail

If someone were trying to say drag pertaining to a drag Queen, then they would say something more along the lines of "Dress in drag" for example. Hope that clears it up a bit :)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
What was going on in my post there was more directed at the guy I tagged than you. He is a COG admin who contacts Endmaster and asks for him to tell everyone on our forum to calm down when threads like this happen because apparently he's worried some of our resident retards will go over and start picking fights or trolling on the COG forum if we draw attention to their threads.

Which is a little silly imho because it takes like five seconds to ban someone and almost no one here is smooth enough for long term trolling. (And in a community like COG there's not even any real point to messing with them, it's usually just funnier to watch them argue among themselves.)

Anyway 'the man in the white robes' I referred to is Endmaster, I was basically asking if dfab thought Endmaster should drag you away (ban you) here, or if we should go over to COG and insult people directly like you were telling us to in your original post. (Which would mean their mods would have to go through the trouble and effort of clicking a few times.)

Not that End or anyone would ban you here anyway, the point was to make a very PR minded business person potentially get in a very Engrishy public argument with a paying customer while we all ate popcorn.

There is typically a lot of hyperbole, sarcasm and the like in a lot of the posts here, it may be difficult for you to identify with the language barrier but whether a remark is made purely for the lolz or whether it's sincere, no one is going to get too wound up about even major disagreements. Everybody here is pretty used to everybody else.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well, actually I tried to argue with the Cogites, but I was warned to stop at risk of banning. I'll happily insult you to your face if I'm not going to get banned for it, although I don't know you and I don't know why I'd want to insult you. So we can't really insult anyone to their faces if we'll get banned trying to do so.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Actually I applaud Mara for actually coming here to confront people directly. 

In any case she doesn’t need to be concerned about being banned here for having a differing opinion.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/13/2018 1:58:13 PM

It is that right? Could here I use words as condoms lube or oriental?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Sure, whatever you like. 

We tend to just ban the retarded spammers that are shitposting, not people that have different opinions.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

But Is there some kind of war between here and Cog?  I mean I didn't know until today that there were hostility . I always knww here people were more open about wording but I didn't knew they were something except the political correctness problem.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

If there is a “war” it would be one of the lamest ones on the internet and that’s saying something. Lol.

There’s more of a differing mindset/opinions on various topics. Sometimes that comes out in spectacular and funny ways.

In the scheme of things people generally type a lot of shit and then move on.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well then is good to know nobody is doing vudu dolls of me or something here. You know I think this would be  lest dramatic if people just could talking directly without censoring anything.   I am more calm now I know is not like a insult Mara gtoup lol. 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
They have some good stories and good authors yes, but we just have a lot of very different philosophies about writing and in particular their forum community is awful and actually pretty damn intolerant for all they make such a big deal of being progressive.

Years ago there was a lot more real writing discussion, and then at some point some really fanatical and angry people got in there and basically took over the community. Now half the threads are bitter arguments about gender and LGBT stuff where all these people who ought to be supporting each other's writing just screech and snipe at each other and then yell for the mods so that anyone who doesn't think exactly like them or maybe just phrases something slightly wrong gets banned for 200 years with all their posts removed.

Sometimes there are some decent threads on writing, and those are the ones I try to post in, but nearly everything will eventually be derailed into some argument because some fragile person got their feefees hurt and has to sit there and shriek about it.

There's no real war, because like Endmaster said it'd be a pretty boring one and one we'd instantly win anyhow since you might be the only COGite in existence who can set foot on our forum without a need for a fainting couch and smelling salts and several years of therapy.

We do like to refer to them as our enemies and blow the whole thing out of proportion a little, yes. Competition and rivalry are always fun and good for motivation, and COG and CYS are basically the only two major CYOA sites left out there. And of course we also just make fun of them in general because, let's be honest, they are ridiculous people. No one goes to their forum or Discord as you've suggested to directly confront them about any of this kind of thing though because 1.) it's their forum and they're free to be idiots on it without being disturbed and 2.) they've created the kind of environment where any dissenting voice is immediately banned and shut down anyway so what's the point?

I don't actually see a big deal with the screenshots or mocking MeltingPenguin because all of those things were still things she and the others chose to post publicly on the internet, with the knowledge that anyone from anywhere could read them. Same as if they were posting it on Twitter or anywhere else. They don't get to make any demands about what people are allowed to say outside their own site, no matter how much they'd like to. (Of course they're welcome to come here and complain directly the same way you and dfabulich did if it really bothers them so much....but it's pretty much guaranteed they never will since I don't think they can even survive outside their safe space.)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

A shame that only two major CYOA sites remain, but it does lend itself to quite the rivalry. The two last bastions of CYOA

Muhahaha!

(Random COG user passing through :D) 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

There's also Infinite Story.

https://infinite-story.com/

(It's still active, no really!)

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
There’re a couple sites out there that look for cyoa submissions. I know there’s at least one for erotica/romance.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
OK the name made me lol.

It's like if our Tim tried to become a spy, this is exactly how I imagine it playing out.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Emphasis on “tried” xD 

I go by several different usernames lol

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
This will commend the post. Please respect the sanctity of the writing website by only ever endorsing strong writing. Ironic commendations are lame.

Yeah what the fuck ever, JJJ, there is an exception to every rule.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Wait, CoG disciplines people for using the word condom?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I'm actually really surprised that CoG would have a problem with the words "condoms" and "lube", since they pride themselves on being "sex positive". frown

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Mentioning condoms and lube reminds them of the potential side effects of using neither, a 'sex negative', and that's triggering. And probably homo/transphobic because why not, everything is there.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Well it is cool there turned out to be one with a spine, but she's basically doing the same thing as EtC now in trying to bait you over there to get banned like this is some novel new tactic.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

EattheCake was a fucktard (and still is) even before he did that though.

I’ve actually always liked poisonmara, even if I didn’t agree with everything she said, but just never really interacted with her much at Cog.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

No not really. You weren't never a lot there. At least while  I was not banned.  I mean I really understand part of people here  chat. I have to think five times if the wording i use is enough political correctness to be used  in the context. Then apologize for using the word i guess maybe could trigger someone.  I swear half of my writing is not learning English is learning if I could say fellatio or condoms or lube or idf x is progressive. I am writing erotica. I need those stuff.

But that's not reason to insult people where they can't defend themselves . I mean I have no problem to come here nd defend myself but many people is not  like me so for them it could be traumatic or something.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

You see, Mara, the problem is you care.

Say, did you ever try to offend any of them directly? Did any of the things they censor actually mean harm?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Of course, not if I want insult people I just do so to the face. However sometimes I can insult people without pretending it I don't want to do that. So I truly try to empathize even if sometimes is veryannoying. Like Why can't be things say more directly. But there are really good writers there Like Paul. Havenstone etc And I am far better that I was. I know I suck but my English is totally self taught and I am  bad learning languages.

Also I don't understand why  most people here are so hostile to them did they insult all of you or something?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

All of us? I can't vow for anyone here, but i particularly hate the attitude over there since an episode a while back. 

People here are speaking their minds. There's even braindead, crazy people here, though i won't mention names, that are still going around and voicing their opinions.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
What did they ban you for? Specifically I mean. Because if it sounds like you were more or less banned for being a non-native English user.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Using the term oriental explaining  the origin and how in latin leguages is correct their use.  That bring me  a moth expulsion.  The second for a year anbecause a battle I had with a person that were trans in a mail where tried to make me change their vote in a contest . It was a political ban as has really nothing to do with cog. I just don't let my self being harassed  and that person has contacted cog or something.

But what I was banned is not important lol. Now I know what I have to say and can bite my tongue enough to not being banned. Except maybe this post os reason enough to being ban again.  Probably is. Lol.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Wait, how is "oriental" a slur?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Person 1: Ha! You're from the east.

Person 2: Racist! Someone arrest him.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Yes it is In California due some segregated laws about railroad in XIX I swear I had no idea about that. As here in Spain is the name they gammve to restaurants and  even embassies. But well It was my fault for have no knowledge of slurs in California. In fact I learned a lot of usa  history when I looked why i was banned. So It was a good experience

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
Nothing is not racist.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It's used as a slur and offends people. What part of that is confusing?

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I've always thought it just meant, you know, "oriental". Good to know if I ever go to California I guess.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

It does, but it's an old-timey offensive word. Why do you think Negroid's offensive? It just means black person.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Well that's different. "Oriental" is used simply in its original meaning in most places, with no offensive strings attached. As I said, I didn't know it was a slur in the States.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

No, oriental has offensive strings attached, that's why it was offensive, and not just in the states. It has the same offensive strings attached to Negroid in that it was the common term used by whites considering themselves superior, as well as a general inaccuracy.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I agree that it's a relative term and not objectively accurate, but I assure you I'd never seen it used as a slur or seen people offended by it before. It's an outdated term and I only see it used in particular cases nowadays, but I didn't know it was offensive. It was like "tall" or "short" for me.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

OK, cool, but it's definitely on the way out and a word with demeaning and racist roots, so maybe don't use it. It's not at the level of "Negro" yet, but it's going that way. It's still common enough that I don't assume badly of anyone who uses it, but it's definitely something to avoid.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
In some places (most places?) it's not used as a slur, just a somewhat old fashioned way to refer to Asian things. (Oriental rug, Oriental ramen flavor are the first ones that comes to mind...) There are innumerable words that have been used as slurs and not all of them are well known or universal and it's actually pretty bigoted to attack someone without a good grasp on the language to begin with for something they obviously did unintentionally.

Also, fuck off Steve, no one likes you.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

Sure, it's not necessarily used as a slur, but neither is Negroid, and I'm not saying anyone should attacked.

The word is a mismatched, nonsensical word that has generally been used as just a foreigner, applied to Egyptians, Levant, fucking Morroco, Israel, the Arab world, India and places like China. The word, like Negroid, has demeaning and offensive roots and was the word used to describe people in a negative manner when racism was the norm. It tends to be associated with a rather offensive stereotype of the people, and we have better, more accurate terms than it without racist roots.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago
I can walk into any grocery place right now and buy Oriental Ramen. How ballsy of both the makers and the stores to just straight up ignore the thousands of complaints they must get from all across the nation every single day.

I can't at all recall the last time I've seen Negroid anything for sale so I'm not really sure if your comparison checks out. It almost seems like one of those words might be offensive and the other one really isn't.

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I prefer "robust mongoloid". 

Mean girls' locker room

5 years ago

I cannot wait to give them a piece of my mind! Well after I'm done patiently serving out my 200 year sentence. Maybe good behavior will get me out in 100 years? :) 

Fingers are certainly crossed.