Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Cat Raping Pedant Is a Joke

one year ago
Seriously, the advanced editor can't do anything. Why are there all of these warnings on the site about something that has less functionality than Scratch? People go into it expecting some cool pseudo programming language that will let them make whatever storygame they want, and then are disappointed that it can't even handle strings or math operators beyond + - * /. Can't even create a makeshift system for storing strings because the thing is so damn simple that there's no possible way.

one year ago
ok

one year ago

>people
>implying

one year ago

Wouldn't know, never used the advanced editor since I don't need it.

one year ago
The OP is a Warden

btw

one year ago
Thank you for providing us with useful, actionable information that we did not already know

one year ago
It is possible and has been done multiple times before. You're just retarded.

one year ago
Oh, maybe I should have clarified. I know that you can create a system for storing strings with several variables. What I was trying to do was think of a way to encode a much longer string for easier and more versatile usage.

Regardless, "You're just retarded" isn't an argument and if you want to prove someone wrong you may want to provide examples.

one year ago

"you're just retarded" is an observed fact. Therefore it is not an argument or insult.

one year ago
You're technically correct in the most asinine way possible. If you make up your own idea about what facts and definitions of words are, you can be technically correct in your own little world. And yes, I know it's not an argument, that's what I said. So you're agreeing with me.

one year ago

I was indeed agreeing with you. I was pointing out that he was calling you retarded, and by doing so he was not trying to create or continue an argument. You are also correct that my "fact" did not have enough proof to be called such. I should have stated it as a theory. I would apologize, but as I theorize that you are retarded, combined with the likelihood of you being a furry, I doubt it would do anything. 

one year ago
> You are also correct that my "fact" did not have enough proof to be called such. I should have stated it as a theory.

You are clearly trying to paint me as a pedant, which I am not. Changing the word "fact" to "theory" would not change anything, as my point was that asserting something as a self evident, fundamental truth, which you appeared to do, without any way of disproving it, is intellectually bankrupt and says that your fact or theory has no value as it can't be tested against observable reality in any way, and is only true by your own personal criteria.

one year ago

retarded

adjective

re·?tard·?ed ri-'tär-d?d 

dated, now offensive affected by intellectual disability INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED

Note: The term retarded is increasingly considered offensive. The use of intellectually disabled is now preferred over retarded in medical, educational, and regulatory contexts, as well as in general use.

informal + offensive very stupid or foolish.

"personal criteria" has nothing to do with it. 

Evidence that could disprove that you are retarded: You use language that, according to a commonly retarded person such as myself, might be too complex to use correctly. Perhaps you are just a fellow Sesquipedalian.

Evidence saying you are retarded: I'm not the only one to call you retarded, You cannot figure out how to do something that other people have accomplished on this site so you went to the forums to complain instead of simply asking for help, therefore being both stupid and foolish. 

Evidence that leads me to think you are a furry: Your username. I know it could just be a username but IDRC.

I would also like to thank you for teaching me a new word. Pedant.

one year ago
Ok good, you've laid down some material of substance, now we can have an actual debate.

Firstly you criticize my language. I didn't think I was using terminology too complex for an average person to understand, but if I was, I'm happy to slow down or explain it. Regardless, this is an odd angle. Would you call a doctor or a scientist retarded for using medical or scientific terminology that's too complex for you to understand? Usually, more complex terminology is associated with higher intelligence, as long as the person is using it correctly, and as your definition states, a retarded person is intellectually disabled or very stupid or foolish, so it would seem that using complex terminology correctly would actually be evidence to the contrary.

> I'm not the only one to call you retarded

This is argumentum ad populum. It does nothing to prove that I'm retarded according to the definition you stated. At best it could be corroborating evidence, hinging on the idea that other people are seeing something that you don't know how to put into words.

> You cannot figure out how to do something that other people have accomplished on this site

Ok, we have another claim here, that other people have accomplished what I was talking about. Do you actually know what I meant, or are you assuming? Can you find an example of a storygame where someone accomplished exactly what I meant? The burden of proof is not on me. Do you expect me to go through every storygame on the site searching for an example of a long string encoding system, only to turn up empty? Even if I did do that, you wouldn't consider it proof because you would also have to independently verify that. All it would take to prove me wrong, that there is indeed an example of that, would be to post a link to one.

one year ago
TL:DR DarkFag is an autistic retard.

one year ago

> Seriously, the advanced editor can't do anything. Why are there all of these warnings on the site about something that has less functionality than Scratch? People go into it expecting some cool pseudo programming language that will let them make whatever storygame they want, and then are disappointed that it can't even handle strings or math operators beyond + - * /. Can't even create a makeshift system for storing strings because the thing is so damn simple that there's no possible way.<

To prove that I really don't care about this and am just continuing because it amuses me, I will speak in pirate.

This here been me point. Instead o' askin' fer 'elp, ye immediately went blubberin' on about 'ow the program been too simple fer yer uses. That there been what made ye foolish an' stupid, 'ense ye was called retarded. 

one year ago

+1 for arguing in pirate

one year ago
Lol, fag.

one year ago
This Darkfox/Ryder argues the same way Ebon does, is he also a Mormon?

one year ago
It could only improve things, at this point.

one year ago
I think you're retarded for arguing this much with Yummy about irrelevant stuff instead of reading a storygame or two.

And for not knowing how to turn on the advanced editor that lets you use arrays, classes and even functions. Try asking Killa about that, he's nice and always willing to help noobs out.

one year ago

Yeah, leave Yummy alone!

...nope. I don't like the sound of that.

one year ago

"I am not a pedant! I am NOT a pedant!" He said, shrivelling away as he attempted to deflect an insult with 9 autistic paragraphs of semantic argument.

one year ago
There you go implying things about other people's intent. Is there a reason you think Ford would care enough to want to prove anything to you?

It's pretty obvious to everyone you haven't looked at a single other game here before declaring games impossible, maybe you could provide your own example of why this is.

one year ago
Regardless of whether he wants to prove anything to me, my intent was to make him look stupid by him resorting to ad hominem instead of anything with substance.

And on the second account, false, I have.

Also, as for an example of what I mean. You're asking me to prove a negative, which is kinda impossible in this sense. I would have to provide an example of *not* being able to do as I described, which doesn't make any sense. The burden of proof falls on the one making the positive claim.

one year ago

We already know Ford's retarded without your own long winded shit that only succeeded in not only confirming that you're retarded but an autistic faggot on top of it. Congrats.

one year ago
If I told you that I was Ryder would that make a difference?

one year ago

LOL

one year ago

Well you would have had to undergone a vast personality change.

So far you haven't vowed revenge on the site or been degenerate enough to have gone on about raping cats or wanting to be pedobait.

I'd be more likely to believe that you're Danaos before Ryder so far.

one year ago
And here I thought he hacked the site with his supervillain powers years ago, yet here he is struggling so much he can't even figure out how to turn on scripts.

Probably the closest he's ever gotten to writing anything just the same though.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Danaos around again, having him interact with Malk and Dark and Cel would at least be funny, a marked improvement to whatever this thread is.

one year ago

It's probably fucking James lol.

one year ago
Whiny and eternally droning autistic furfags all look alike to me.

one year ago

The burden of my big dick falls on your face

one year ago
You're just retarded.

one year ago

Perhaps one of the most perplexing sentences I will ever write:  I completely agree with Ford.

one year ago
What are you talking about? The editor is pretty damn advanced given some of the games people have managed to create. I think you're still just stuck in the "regular" editor, which yeah does only allow simple math operators and simple stuff.

It's an IQ test to let you figure out how to turn the advanced editor on.

one year ago
I checked the game and yes it seems he is clicking the little plus sign instead of using scripts. I've said before the games really should be in advanced by default, but I'm sure he'd still want to complain on behalf of allllll those "people" and what they thought for ???? reasons before having their hopes and dreams crushed.

The thing is though I've never seen anyone say anything other than that the advanced editor is simple. You can do IF THEN ELSE stuff and the inventory system or variables to change page texts or page destinations, and all the html your heart desires and I'm really wondering what else is needed for a game format that is pages of text connected to other pages of text.

Sure you can be like BZ and Killa and do whatever voodoo to make card games and whatnot but that's going well beyond the scope of a CYOA and is always going to take a lot more effort and creativity because it's just not what the editor was designed for.

.....okay, I have officially been trolled into putting more effort into replying than the furry did into his simple bait. Well played.

one year ago
What else does it need? Strings and loops primarily.

one year ago
Have you tried just making a storygame instead? I think you might find the existing editor on this, a site for storygames, pretty suitable for that.

one year ago

one year ago
I am interested in knowing though, can you do loops in the advanced editor? I'm sure it's not easy, but I wonder if any of these giant games like delve or killa's card game found a way to. I mean if you can't use loops then it sounds like it'd be almost impossible to make those things.

one year ago
@BerkaZerka might feel like talking about how he made his game, and I have a feeling this thread might just entertain him in general the next time he drops by.

Cat Neuters Pedant!

one year ago
CYS scripting is like programing in machine language. Check out https://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4293 for example.

(Yeah, too lazy right now to be bothered with Clickable Linkies)

Cat Neuters Pedant!

one year ago
What would be an example of a machine language? I know of arduino, but that seems more advanced than what you're talking about. I'm decently new to cs stuff, in a college class regarding it now. Also did you even find a way to magic up loops or array's in the editor?

Cat Neuters Pedant!

one year ago

Cat Neuters Pedant!

one year ago
Ah, is that basic? I've heard a little about it. Either way I think I'll stick with java, less complicated for the same result

E: holy shit I did the clicky link thing, highlight of all of my achievements on this site.

Cat Neuters Pedant!

one year ago
Close. It's acorn.

one year ago
No loops. My shuffle function was so long code wise that i made a python script to generate it.

one year ago
Commended by EndMaster on 9/19/2022 3:34:12 PM

Here's the only string you need!

GIF

one year ago

And the only loop. ^_^

one year ago
Well something worthwhile came of this thread. I'm so proud of Mystic right now.

one year ago

Thank you. I finally feel like a true CYStian!

one year ago
Hey @DarkFox, I noticed you forgot to reply to this. I'd like to remind you that commendations reflect high-quality writing and advice, so you'll no doubt miss something critical if you fail to analyze Mystic's response closely and learn something from it.

one year ago

And if this IS Ryder, then you should already know how the fuck the advanced editor works, you've been here for YEARS going on about being a super elite computer haxxor.

one year ago
Make your own offsite game in Javascript, then. You can embed all your favorite Rick and Morty videoclips so much easier that way!

one year ago

Gonna take some liberty here and ban the fucker. If it's a troll pretending, they're gonna be back anyway. And if it's Ryder... He's also probably gonna be back anyway. But it's unwise to let literal militant pedophiles hang around. Sorry James or Danaos if you missed the memo on that part.

one year ago
I'm still not sure if it's Ryder, but it's obviously somebody's alt which means they can't be this confused about the editor and this was all bullshit from the start. No loss.

one year ago

Well I guess I was right. He was indeed a retard.

edit: technically ford was right first

one year ago
You're not sure if it's me because you see me as a stereotype and not an actual person who's capable of talking about things other than bestiality, pedophilia, or wanting to hack the site.

I was never serious about hacking the site or wanting revenge btw, except maybe a little bit when I was 12. This site isn't worth my time. I'm just fucking around. That's another thing, you want to believe I've been lurking here for like 10 years straight doing nothing else with my life because I have none. Yeah no, this site isn't that important to me.

one year ago
Yes yes we know, bigger fish to fry on Roblox.

one year ago

Please go play with an industrial lathe. This would be worth everyone's time.

one year ago

Ryder: "This site isn't worth my time."

Also Ryder: Makes 1000 alts and keeps coming back here for YEARS

And you keep making the same tired argument that "You're a real person and not a stereotype." yet the thing is you've never talked about anything else except bestiality, pedophilia and hacking in all those years, so we already know you don't have a life regardless of what you may or may not be actually doing.

If you really wanted to prove us all wrong, you'd just leave completely and never come back, but you're not going to do that. You'll keep making alts and making your same retarded arguments.

Inb4 "Lol but IM doing this FOr AMUSEMENT! LOLZ"

Cool. We'll keep calling you a cat raping degenerate for our amusement and we'll do this all over again a year from now.

one year ago

It's now a clicky link

Sorry that I couldn't make it an image, in class right now. But I figured this would be a worthy addition to the thread.

E: Ew, my response was kind of cringe. I was 12 at the time he sent this, for context.

one year ago

Pretty brave of you, coming forward with the controversial opinion of "I don't like rape."

one year ago
Oh my, he was actually triggered by you not responding.

one year ago

Imagine being such a loser that you got rejected by the kid who picks his nose, adds butter, and eats it

one year ago
God, what a brilliant conversation opener.

one year ago
"You see me as a stereotype and not an actual person who's capable of talking about things other than bestiality, pedophilia, or wanting to hack the site... but I'll have you know that there's a lot more to me, as a matter of fact I ALSO like rape"

"AND I enjoy informing 12 year olds of that in private!"

one year ago
I think I've figured out why I roll my eyes every time someone brings up "white privelege" "cis privelege" or "male privelege". It's because as a pedo-zoosadist, I know what real oppression is, I've experienced it. But people don't consider oppression against pedophiles, zoophiles or zoosadists to be real oppression, and then they claim that I'm "priveleged" because I'm a white male. They don't know what it's like to live in fear of someone finding out who you really are, the loneliness that brings you, the calculated risk you take every time you come out to someone, the scheming you do to gain power as a persecuted minority.

one year ago
holy shit

one year ago

He'll be raping cats all week folks.

one year ago
ok

one year ago
k

one year ago
lol

one year ago

... Well now I just feel bad.

#PedoLivesMatter ^_^

one year ago

okay.

one year ago

Retard.  Q.E.D.

one year ago

PLEASE tell me this is your attempt at trolling.

If not, you're a sick fuck, and need to be legally required to stay 300 feet away from any school or animal shelter.

one year ago

I think it may have been someone else's attempt at trolling... Either that or one of the mods edited the post. I'm not sure. ^_^

one year ago
Nope, that is a Ryder original. It is not usually possible to make his posts more faggy and cringe than they are naturally.

He nonconsensually filled Sent's inbox with a bunch of rambling about his unique outlook on life a couple of years ago and this stuff isn't too far off the mark either way.

one year ago

No way! Damn, and I thought somebody was just doing an epic impression of Ryder and completely nailed it. Never thought I'd see the "nobody understands how hard it is being a pedo" rant done unironically. ^_^

one year ago
When I see this guy just voluntarily confessing that he's a horrible person, and then you all AGREE that he's a horrible person and treat him like one in response, it makes me so sad and reminds me of the time the police oppressed me after I told them I murdered all those hookers.

one year ago

Your response was fine. You were 12. This dude disgusts me.