Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
If I don't have a storygame published by the end of the weekend, please just end my suffering.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Locked.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
With pleasure.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Going by the avatar, he's a Horned Rat God Skaven follower.

Either way, he's got to the end of this Sunday.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
I'm just here for the chaos. And to make sure the mods remember to end your suffering.

You haven't mentioned your time zone. We wanna be exact, after all.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

The time zone is going to be mine anyway.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Personally, I think some level of suffering is necessary to be a good writer. 

But I am always up for watching the MODs squash someone like a bug.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
I have prepared two commemorative limericks. One for his death, one for his survival.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

I think we all know which one it's gonna end up being 

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
I'm getting scared now....

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Don't be scared, be productive.

Or don't and be dead.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
This quote is unironically very motivational.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Agreed

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

I'm sure you Serbians have experienced something similar.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
From each according to his ability, to each according to my whim.
-Communist Mario

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
You didn't specify a minimum size. Three days is enough time to write three stories.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
@Heresy

How we doin?

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
I dunno End's timezone but it's 3 more hours until Monday for me...

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

A little more than 8 hours on the east coast of the united states.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

I'm kinda pulling for him to get something done. 

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Funny thing is I was wondering why this thread was getting bumped, then I remembered, oh yeah going to be banning someone soon.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Can I negotiate for 9am Monday morning? I have not made good progress so far but I'm prepared to stay up all night on this.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Lol

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

But that wouldn’t be the end of the weekend.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
All in favor of some mercy being shown to this unfortunate soul say I.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

As much as I'm pulling for him, I am equally as interested in seeing Endmaster reap his soul. 

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
I would be all for mercy, but he specifically asked for an end to his suffering. If Heresy didn't want to die, he should've asked to be thrown in The Pit or offered to live the rest of his life as a pointless pauper instead.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Just accept your execution, come back with a new account and actually write the story without announcing yourself. You did this to yourself.

Your writing is decent and not a bad set up, but you've only got a few pages and I see variables for morale and shit, this is a lost cause. While simply not coming to the forum and saying things that will get you banned is a valuable skill to acquire.

(P.S. you might want to back up what you have or at least put the story in sneak peek at some point in the next two hours...)

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

The problem here is you’ve called for oblivion on yourself which is typically a request that never gets denied once in motion.

The other problem is you’re already in the SHAME pit for flaking out on the Prompt Contest we had recently and considering how important that was, well that’s not a good look.

Also public opinion seems to be leaning in the direction of wanting to see blood. Not that public opinion matters excessively in this case, but its always nice when the unwashed masses and the government agree on something as it keeps things nice and orderly.

Finally, I went ahead and already looked through what you were writing. You’re already doomed due to how many pages I’ve seen with multiple choice links. Not that would be a bad thing, but given your deadline, you’re pretty much fucked.

Even if you got the 9 AM extension, I don’t see you finishing. And even if you did, I don’t have the confidence that it would be a well made story and would be a typical half assed rush job. (And that’s assuming you stay up all night rather than collapsing in a puddle of drool at your keyboard)

Granted we see those all the time in contests, but we don’t particularly like them. Plus this isn’t a contest, you just suddenly went on a random quest for the gods and are already fumbling with getting the sacrifice you promised.

Generally when that happens, the sacrifice will be you.

I dunno what to tell you. Your only hope is if Mizal decides to take mercy on you since she sometimes does things like that, but given she said “with pleasure” to your original post, those odds aren’t good either.

EDIT: Well looks like this life will soon be over, make better decisions in your next one, after all like it says at the top, they have consequences.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Kids, don't be me.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Duly noted. You learn something everyday 

Better luck next time

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Maybe I should write sometime, this is quite concerning.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

And he's dead.

Granted there was about an hour left or so, but I figured there was no point in prolonging this.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

I guess it's now pressing F to pay respects, or S to spit on his casket.

FS.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

Solid F from me. One of the least cringey noobs I've seen in awhile. Shame about the whole suicide thing.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Even if he chooses not to be reborn, he's still doing better than the OG "Heretic". I discovered only a 2013 account, Warden, who took that name I was about to suggest for this one and then never logged in again after the first day

We should start auctioning off some of these abandoned accounts.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

This all reminds me that I still have my own contest story that only has like 160 words written.

eh...I'll work on it tomorrow.

Burn the Heretic

one year ago

That sounds awfully reminiscent of someone

Burn the Heretic

one year ago
Here lies a rat named Heresy,
His death was swift, but fair you see
He played his last hand,
Said, “I’ll write or be banned!”
And alas, he ended up perishing

Burn the Heretic