Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Epic

29 days ago
If I were write story game as an epic, what do you think would be the best one to make? I was looking through EndMaster's games and I saw Death Song and got the idea.

Epic

29 days ago
Maybe first finish the sheild and rougelike stories.

Epic

29 days ago
I am working on them, but I have to have like 4 projects going on at the same time and rotate or otherwise I end up getting bored of one and watching my phone for the rest of the night. I got ADD or something like that.

Epic

29 days ago

If you struggle focusing, then an epic should be your last priority honestly. I have tried a couple times, and failed both times, to write something over 100k

Epic

29 days ago
Over a year or something though just little bits at the time would eventually let me finish the story. I already figured out which story I'm using though.

Epic

28 days ago

Yeah, legit, have done it just once and it took me more than a year with multiple hiatuses. Only do it if you like torture and pain. I really now wonder how long it took to write Eternal. 

Epic

28 days ago
Weird, it only takes Sherb and Mystic a couple of months.

Epic

27 days ago

They are in a separate plane of writing speed. Their speed is what I would expect in webnovel authors and even then most of these people are big outliers. With me I tend to slow down after about 40 k words, mainly to yank out/double check continuity errors. In short, Sherb and Mystic be typing faster and better than me.

Epic

26 days ago

If you write 1-2k words a day, even with a few days off, you'll be able to reach 100k in 3 months. 

Epic

28 days ago

About 3 years. I think Rogues took that long as well.

Epic

28 days ago
I wonder how long it will take him to write Rouges

Epic

29 days ago
Death Song is only a compact 50k.

Epic

29 days ago
I meant like the idea to make an epic, because it says song in it, and it's about a bard who took levels in warrior and ranger.

Epic

29 days ago

... What?

Epic

28 days ago
Bards are famous for singing epics, and that dude plays an instrument and travels, which is a bard thing to do. He also fights with swords and bows, bows being something rangers use and swords being something fighters use, which is what I meant by warrior. So he is a bard who took levels in fighter and ranger.

Epic

29 days ago

Maybe put the whole story in verse? Make it read like the Iliad or the Odyssey!

Epic

28 days ago
That's what I meant, I was gonna put a story into verse, which is what an epic is. Think I'm gonna start with Necromancer first, then Death Song

Epic

28 days ago

Gotcha, sorry for stating the obvious. Just got excited there. I'd be down to read something like that if you write it.

Epic

28 days ago
When I eventually finish it it's going in the writing workshop for proofreading, so stay tuned I guess.

Epic

28 days ago

OH! So you're going to write a song about Necromancer and Death Song... Took me a really fucking long time to get that. >.<

Epic

27 days ago

I second this.

Epic

27 days ago

Well, when I hear the word "epic" I usually think of a really long story, rather than the original meaning of a story told through the medium of poetry. :p

Epic

26 days ago

CYS definitely influenced my perception of the word 'epic'. Now I wonder if it's possible to write an epic epic (100k words poem). 

Epic

26 days ago

That would be epic! ^_^

Epic

27 days ago

We actually do have a few stories done in bard ballad format, though this is the highest rated one that comes to mind.

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-bard's-tale

Epic

25 days ago
My favorite poem game is A Slaying Song.

Epic

25 days ago
More and more these days I click on threads, sort of squint at the contents, then decide I can't be bothered to figure it out. Must be getting old.