Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I came back

8 years ago

Hi everybody! Sorry I disappeared for so long, my laptop went kaput, so I had to save up to buy a new one, and then I was really busy, and then there was Christmas and now I'm back. Hurray! ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

I came back to yet nobody seems to remember. Us black guys are always forgotten

I came back

8 years ago

Were you gone? I didn't notice cheeky

I came back

8 years ago

Welcome back too~

I came back

8 years ago

fst typr

I came back

8 years ago

Did you write any stories or were you a active forum goer

I came back

8 years ago

Wait you're black

I came back

8 years ago

Is that a question or a statement? And if it's a statement then what is he waiting for? cheeky

I came back

8 years ago

And the New Year gets off to a good start!

I came back

8 years ago

First James, then Frank, and now Briar!

Huzzah! Ryder's surrender has brought everyone back to our website!

I came back

8 years ago

He surrendered? I thought he was thrown out kicking and screaming, but either's good. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Yeah, but then he came back kicking and screaming, and then got frustrated when he realized his spamming was hopeless.

I came back

8 years ago

As opposed to his usual, extremely hopeful and optimistic spamming?

I came back

8 years ago

I'm back now too. ;-;

I came back

8 years ago

*puts finger on ShadowHills' lips* Shhhhh... Don't spoil the moment.

I came back

8 years ago

But Slashy wants his love too.

I came back

8 years ago

Do you gaze deeply into his eyes when you do that?

I came back

8 years ago

...I'd hope so.

#ChrisHills

I came back

8 years ago

Welcome back.

I came back

8 years ago

Thank you ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Welcome back, we cleaned up the site for you. 

I came back

8 years ago

Awh! Where'd all those awesome stories about kitties go? sad

I came back

8 years ago

I found a game called "Woo the Female". Now, I've seen some minimalist approaches to the Love and Dating genre, but... "Woo the Female"!?

I came back

8 years ago

I think I made Woo the Female as an experimental comedy/puzzle game and deleted it. 

I came back

8 years ago

I found Homo Perfectus 9 in there.    (o.o)

Did you know you could view the deleted games? Just find it on the list, and put http://chooseyourstory.com/story/DEL~7e[insert number]~7e[insert title]

All the story stuff that was on it when it was deleted is there too.

I came back

8 years ago

Wow, surprised by the amount of non-warrior cats related stuff in there. What exactly are the new minimum standards for storygames?

I came back

8 years ago

No one knows yet. 3J hasn't told us.

I came back

8 years ago

Welcome back Briar. Hope things by you cooled down by now haha.

I came back

8 years ago

eyyyy

I came back

8 years ago

Yay, you're back, we're all happy, get your ass back into the editor and make us a story.

I came back

8 years ago

Very slowly working on it cheeky

I came back

8 years ago

Nice to see you around again sneaky assassin grrl!  ^v^

I came back

8 years ago

Yippie! I missed you and your penguin smilies ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Oh my God, Briar's alive...! *tackle-hug* :D

I came back

8 years ago

*Is killed by the tackle-hug* ... Nice work Kiel. devil
(Devil smiley because I went to hell.) ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Thank you, thank you, nice horns. Also, were you around when I started working on T.O.W?

I came back

8 years ago

Lets see... I think you'd only just started working on it because I remember reading the beginning. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Well, it's done. :D So if you need a break from writing about slaves getting killed horribly, you can go read about ... slaves getting killed horribly... hm. 

Also, didja see that your game is now featured on the home page? Congrats. :3

I came back

8 years ago

I know, it's awesome! How and when did that happen? I completely missed it all! cheeky
And I can't wait to read your game, along with a few others I've been looking forward to reading, but I think I'll wait a bit before I read anything since I really need to concentrate on writing for the moment. I've barely written anything for the past 6 months and I just want to get this bloody re-write out of the way so I can finally write something new that I can hopefully be excited about. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/news-and-updates/message/18136

^ That thread was where it was voted on / talked about / exc.

Understood. I'm eager to get back to my own projects, too, but I've been very unfocused. Good luck, if you need help with anything, you know plenty of us would be more than happy. 

I came back

8 years ago

WAS THAT A GLOMP FROM A GROWN MAN?!

I came back

8 years ago

So what if it was?

I came back

8 years ago

Well, those generally tend to cause more injuries than non-grown-man-glomps.

I came back

8 years ago

Which makes them more fun! :D Right? 

I came back

8 years ago

I wouldn't think so...

I came back

8 years ago

(I'm joking, if that's not abundantly clear.)

I came back

8 years ago

I knew that.

I came back

8 years ago

Stuff that raises the chance of injury only makes things more fun in rugby, sex, and poker, Kiel. Return threads are none of those things. Well, maybe they are, on certain websites that I definitely don't frequent when I'm not here, but in most cases...

I came back

8 years ago

I defy your list and reason! Violent displays of affection FTW!

I came back

8 years ago

You know who else displayed affection violently? The Joker's dad. And just look where that got him! Those scars make him look like he tried to give cunnilingus to a laminated travel brochure!... Actually, he might've done that... It explains why he's licking his lips all the time...

No wonder they hid the origin from us! He was just a lonely homeless guy who went mad after injuring himself trying to sex an inanimate object! What an unbelievably shitty movie villain!

I came back

8 years ago

xD Your deductive skills never cease to amaze.

I came back

8 years ago

That is quite impressive. Mystery solved. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago
Welcome back Briar :D

I came back

8 years ago

Danke. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago
Hurrah! <3

I came back

8 years ago

I had this feeling an angry parent deleted an important directory in Task Manager or something to kaput your computer, but that might just be me.

I came back

8 years ago

Stupid angry parents! You wait till I get my hands on them! angry

I came back

8 years ago

Briar! Welcome back, oh em effing gee! :D

I, um, co-started a thing for people to hang out on. Would love to have you on board, if you'd be interested. A friend of mine has stronger connections to the #altgames/Twine crowd on Twitter, & we both want to reach out to the parser IF & VN folks... just neutral ground, basically, for all our weird little IF/narrative-driven-game factions. Somewhere to post WIPs & get real feedback, and also to chat & roleplay & all that jazz.

We're calling it Storygamers Anonymous. Except it's keyed to email & emails are visible, soooo be sure to give me the right address. If you want in. If not, no offense taken, of course. Hope things are good-busy for you. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Hi Morgan! Quick question... What's a WIP? I mean I'm guessing it's something that slavemasters use to wack their slaves wen they haven't picked enough weat for the day or watever. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Works In Progress / Work In Progress.

I came back

8 years ago

Woops! ;)

Kiel has it. Common slang among some writerly types, I think? I dunno, I could've picked it up on the art side of things, too. Useful shorthand for any project that isn't finished.... which is to say, all of them, in my case. XD

I came back

8 years ago

It's common on most fanfiction sites. I can't say all writing sites do it, of course, but I used to see it aaaaall the time on FF.net back in my old, old fandom days. (xD Another one I saw a lot was PWP, haha. Big shock, I'm sure. :P)

I came back

8 years ago

Oh, okay, that makes much more sense. I thought it might be some kind of interactive fiction term that I'd never heard of yet. Well it sounds cool and I'll definitley check it out. Do you have a link to the site? ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Should be storygamers.slack.com? But you won't see much, it's invite-only. Sorry, no wifi where I am yet, but I'm hoping to get back to sending invites tomorrowish.

I came back

8 years ago

Wait, who are you again?

I came back

8 years ago

Okay, you die first. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Thank you for your kind offer of death. Unfortunately, all of or death-threat receiving staff are occupied. We have put you in the holding queue, please wait, average waiting time is three to four decades. We understand your inconvenience, and therefore are willing to offer you a similar threat as the one you offered us. As experienced death-threat receivers Romulus inc. knows that swift replies are of the utmost expedience, and therefore we pre-emptively accepted our death threat on your behalf. Prepare to be exterminated shortly. 

Once again, thank you for threatening Romulus inc., have a nice rest of your life!

I came back

8 years ago

If you don't want any death, there's always the alternative option of cake. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

The cake's a lie, isn't it...?

I came back

8 years ago

Nobody said it was the truth.

I came back

8 years ago

Oh, so it is. Death it is then. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Death by what?

I came back

8 years ago

Hmm, sounds tempting, but today isn't really a convenient time for me. Can I exchange it for a coupon or something?

I came back

8 years ago

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSE~~~! I mean, the best riddler ever, the one to receive the first pm I've ever sent to anyone, has humbled us my returning. I have the most insightful, eye-opening message of all times for you and you alone;

'ello.

I came back

8 years ago

Ta ^_^

I came back

8 years ago

Briar!!!!!! Woot

I came back

8 years ago

Your cheering is insufficiant. Woot louder. ^_^

I came back

8 years ago
Lol lmao roflmao

I came back

8 years ago
Welcome back.  It's nice to see a familiar face...

...and sorry to hear about your laptop.

I came back

8 years ago

May it rest in peace sad

I came back

8 years ago

Unfortunately, laptops have a strange tendency to commit suicide once they realise they're being operated by sociopaths/psychopaths ^_^ just a new Microsoft security thing. 

Welcome back, Briar! Feel free to command the new recruits as you see fit. 

I came back

8 years ago

Yey! New toys! ^_^

I came back

8 years ago
Well hello again and welcome back!

I came back

8 years ago

How've you been? Everything good in the hood?