Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Wanted to make a list of my favorite games of all time! Sorry for people who wanted actual goats for some sick reason. The opinions here are subjective and you may or may not agree with them. That's great! So let us begin! Hope you enjoy!

5. Final Fantasy VI

The primary reason why this game is on this list is because of the story. It was an epic, continent-spanning story about classic good vs evil. But what really sold me on the game were the individual back stories for different characters in the game. That tear-jerking story of the good-willed rogue, to the tale of loss and betrayal that the king suffered, that classic opera scene (who could forget that), the truth behind magic and technology, and many more.

One of my favorite moments was when the story basically split into three parts and you were given the choice to play any of the parts in any sequence. Honestly, I was never to fond of the actual gameplay when I played it initially (due to my lack of interest interest in JRPGs in general) but replaying it recently, I can appreciate what it did right. It is quite interesting that I never got into FF VII and as a result FFVI remains my favorite RPG and FF game of all time.

Fact: I hate that that the previous two games in the series received a 3D makeover but this didn't.

Similar Games: To the Moon, not in terms of gameplay but in terms of story and characters.

4. A Wolf Among Us

Developed by Telltale, based around the Fable comics, AWAU is the only point-and-click game that I have enjoyed. The star of the show is the setting no doubt. The fusion of classic fairy tale characters with the gritty real world and a story about a serial killer seems like the perfect combination.

This is an episodic game (5 in total) where you play as a detective investigating a series of gruesome murders, accompanied by no one other that Cinderella! The soundtrack perfectly fits the noir atmosphere and the decisions you made had lasting effects on the whole game. The story had perfect pacing and I completed the whole game in a 12 hour sitting. The cel-shaded visuals were just beautiful.

Similar: There is nothing like it that I have played honestly. The other Telltale games never intrigued me the same way this did.

3. Perfect Dark

Released in 1999 for the Nintendo 64, Perfect Dark was nothing short of a ground breaking title. It was the spiritual successor to GoldenEye (which is often lauded as the first great console multiplayer shooter). The game has a kick-ass female protagonist who gets caught in a plot that involves aliens, spies and your every day James Bond moments.

The game has so much content that it is staggering to think about how they even managed that in 1999 on a 30 MB cartridge. I will list some of them here:

Combat Sim: You had actual multiplayer bots (CPU players) that could be assigned different personalities and difficulties. There has never been anything else like it even since.

Setups: You had so many options in the multiplayer matches that you could even create a Zombie-like or a Matrix-like game!

Difficulty: The difficulty levels were actually different. On the higher ones you had different areas of levels unlocked and more objectives to complete.

In short, this game is spectacular and I used to play it regularly.

Fact: My most played game. It also has a abysmal sequel that you should avoid.

Similar Games: GoldenEye, Everything or Nothing for Nintendo 64.

2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Made by a Russian developer GSC World, STALKER is the definitive post-apocalyptic RPG experience. It is one of the few games where the Open-World actually feels organic and has a purpose to it. The game has an atmosphere so thick that you could choke on it.

The game is primarily played in a First-Person perspective with a heavy focus on survival and exploration. The combat is gritty and raw, death comes quick, the world has tons of secret to discover and it actually feels like an apocalypse instead of an apocalypse themed picnic, cough*Fallout4*cough.

The game also has horror elements that typically happen in the underground locations. The guns degrade, the environment has hazards, the weather effects are spectacular, the enemies are varied, the AI system is capable of simulating a living-world where things happen without player interactions.

Similar Games: The STALKER series have two more games that are equally good if not better.

Fact: A proper sequel, STALKER 2 was actually in development for 1 year but was ultimately scrapped in the favor of an MMO-FPS Survanium.

1. Resident Evil 4

The first, the best and the most memorable game that I have ever played. The game took a big risk and deviated heavily from the previous games in an attempt to stay relevant in the PS2 era. The result was one of the most influential, well-paced and brilliant game of all time.

The game is placed often in the best game of all times list and many people have bought in 3-4 times on different platforms. The game is regarded as being the creator of the Over-the-shoulder 3rd person camera angle that has been used in countless other games (The Last of Us, Gears of War, Dead Space). This game has perfect pacing with so many memorable encounter ranging from:-

Fighting a zombie whale with harpoons, defending a small house from crazy villagers, fighting two 3 story tall Giants in a lava filled pool, killing mutating people while escaping in a mine cart, a one-on-one Jackie Chan like melee combat with a mini boss, Suplexing Goat Faced people into concrete, Running away from a said GOAT faced statue while trying to shoot a door open, etc.

This game has the best extras ever! The best horde mode, and even a full fledged, 4 hour long campaign unlocked AFTER you beat the game!

Get this game, go play this! Buy it even if it makes you homeless.

Similar Games: There is nothing like it honestly. The Evil Within and Resident Evil 5 are two games that tried to bring back the RE4 gameplay but failed miserable. The Last of Us has zero gameplay innovations and doesn't even comes close (it is better in the story department though).

That's all! All these game are available for PC (and some on consoles) if you want to try them out. What are your favorites?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Editing is hard.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Yes it is.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Toriel is my favorite goat. Screamy goat is a close second.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Toriel is not even a goat. It is a penguin, look closesly.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

She's a goat-dragon thing, obviously. Not an ounce of bird in her, though. I'm an expert.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Toriel is a white haired nubian goat. Gosh, any Undertale player knows that!

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Close but not quite xD

Nubian-Damascus/American Rocky Mountain hybrid.

While some of the characteristics (such as the horns, nose, and ears) match, it doesn't exactly fit as a Nubian goat. The teeth and ears match a Damascus, as well as the yellow color of hair/fur (as shown on Asgore). And then the temperament and proportions  fit that of a Rocky Mountain goat.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I was 90% correct

Everyone else gets an F

Seto gets an A++

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
But Seto is not even alive!?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Negative, you get an F-

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I was resurrected a long time ago.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

She has the voluptuous deviantart ass of a human, though, so your analysis is invalid.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Do not speak of that side of deviantart >~<

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

4 years ago, I would've felt shame. But I just don't anymore. No shame involved. The fact that she so inexplicably and hilariously exploded on that side of deviantart within three days of the game's release for no real reason is precisely why she's my favorite goat, with very few other reasons.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
What about the GOAT in GOAT simulator?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

The Witcher 3, Civ V Complete, MGSV, Valkyria Chronicles, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, XCOM2, YuGiOh, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros 3DS, KotoR2 (With the restoration pack), EndMaster's works (particularly Eternal, Ground Zeroes, and Death Song)

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Kevin is my favorite GOAT. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwprXAaSv0

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

What a cunt.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

TLOU had zero innovation, aside from "plot" and "character"; but on a writing site, those don't matter none. 

Anyway, Kanye West is my favourite GOAT. 

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Nice goat. RE4 > TLOU is the only truth our goats need to know.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Yeezy taught you well.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Yeezy reupholstered my pussy

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Yeezy has the best music.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Halo one to reach are my favorite games. Me and my friends/family would spend entire days playing against each other or together against other people online.

Fun times.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Yes! I love Halo, especially mucking around online or in Forge.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Halo is my #1 GOAT. I've played all the games, and love all of them, other than Halo 5, because of split-screen being killed off. My brother and I still play Reach and the Legendary campaigns together, and sometimes I play with my friends.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Vainglory, DCSS, CS:GO, Club penguin

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

>read GOAT
>instantly think of favorite movies
>click on post
>video game thread
>mfw spending too much time on /tv/

But anyway, here's a shitload of praise for my current favorite game, Thief II: The Metal Age.

While I was introduced to the series with the newest Thief (which I thought was decent. I was such a damn pleb when I played that game), it's the old Thief games that I really took a shine to. While Thief 4 is just a Dishonored rip-off with a bunch of dark and gritty style but no substance, the original Thief games had style AND substance through the fucking ass.

While Thief: The Dark Project was alright, it's nothing compared to TMA. Sure, it started the series and arguably has the best narrative in the entire fucking franchise, but the only worthwhile missions IMO were the first two. After that, it just becomes a slog through dungeons and caverns where you fight monsters and other undesirable creatures. It was far too combat-y for a game centered all around AVOIDING combat, and that wasn't helped by the fact that Garrett is squishy and weak.

But enough bitching about TDP, my point is that TMA revolutionized the genre. It placed itself firmly as one of the Holy Trinity of late 90s FPSes, being the Father to Deus Ex's Son and System Shock 2's Holy Spirit. The AI is so fantastic that, on the hardest difficulty, enemies even notice open doors that shouldn't be open. Not to mention the sound and light engines were fucking revolutionary for their time; never have I been so scared of simple footsteps, nor have I wanted to be in the dark when playing a game over the light.

There's a lot more praise I could sling its way, but the point is that this game is one of the finest games ever made and probably the only stealth title that doesn't have five hour cutscenes (I'm looking at you, Metal Gear Solid) and doesn't have a section where you're supposed to just gun down enemies after a scripted event (you too, Splinter Cell).

Similar games? Again, Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are both excellent games that are similar to this in a fashion. Otherwise, there's always TDP (if you don't mind more combat) and Thief: Deadly Shadows (if you want better graphics [and an even BETTER light and sound system]. And, as an added bonus, they'll throw in a mission that'll make you urinate, defecate and cry at the same time. You know the one.)

TL;DR: I circlejerk Thief II until my arm falls off, then I rinse and repeat with the other arm.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Already played Deus Ex and System Shock 2, great games. Especially loved how there were so many possible solutions to each encounter in Deus Ex. Thi4f (because Thief 4 won't be stupid enough for devs) was freaking abysmal.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I personally think of the following games with high honor:

5. Assassin's Creed (the whole danged series)

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops

3. Minecraft (it's a game)

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

1. Subnautica

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

You spend a lot of time on the xbox i'll bet

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Assassin's Creed, this is the series I hate the most in gaming. I find them too boring and heavily based around the bad open world mechanics like mundane side quests, pathetic combat, etc.

Black Ops, the only CoD game that I still have on my hard-drive mostly because of the bots.

Minecraft, I love the user generated content that this game has but still find it a bit of busy work. Glad you could enjoy it, I feel jealous! :)

Modern Warfare 3, I really like the Campaign story and how it resolved the MW2 storyline but the rest of the gameplay is not enjoyable for me. Still, my second favorite CoD. Atleast BO had some Vietnam awesomeness.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

In alphabetical order.

Civilization 2

Fallout New Vegas

Geneforge 2

Planescape Torment

Witcher 3

Though some of those could be switched out for similar games or different ones in the series (Alpha Centauri, Fallout 2, etc)

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Tried Civ V, didn't enjoy it. Quite surprisingly, Civ IV is one of my most played and memorable game. Never played the previous game.

New Vegas, this would have been my 6th favourite. I find it amazing that Obsidian has designed the best game in the series and it is not even their own. Loved how it respected the Fallout lore, no level scaling, insane choices in quests, and skills that actually had a gameplay effect. Also, this game had the best DLCs.

Witcher 3, my PC can't even manage 30 FPS with this game so I never played it outside the first few missions. But I really liked the awesome visuals and the music.

Planetscape, I suffer from extreme motion sickness and thus can't play any isometric RPG. Cries. I suggest you try Pillars of Eternity, it is made by the same dev as New Vegas.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I think I probably would have liked Civ4 a lot more if I had a computer that actually could run it better at the time. So I went with Civ2 since I played the hell out of that one.

Never played any of the Civs after 4, but I’m always hearing mixed things about 5 and 6.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Alright, you're doing yourself a gigantic disservice by not buying Civilization V (with all DLCs) right now. 

The switch to hexes removed the exploit that was diagonal walking, ideologies and the UN do the impossible - make the lategame worth playing, and trading revamped the whole need to not go to war. The game nails so many things in its final version, it'd be a sin to not enjoy it. 

I'm reserving judgment on 6 until all of its DLCs are out (in another year or so).

Also, are you looking at Numenera?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I think I do have Civ 5, along with one expansion but I just didn’t have a computer that ran it properly so I didn’t exactly get around to playing it.

Really, I’m sort of out of the loop on computer gaming. Just don’t have a proper gaming PC anymore and while I try to keep up on the cooler titles, can’t really play them unless they come out for a console or the iPad which is where I’m playing most of my games on nowadays.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Civ 5 in Direct X9 is fairly forgiving. You need all the DLCs for that one, they take a base game that's a 7.5/10 straight up to a 9.5. 

PCs that can handle gaming are REALLY cheap right now

Here's a good build http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2017/01/building-pc-pentium-g4560/

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Fallout: New Vegas is and always will be the greatest game to ever exist. Ever.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Yes. New Vegas is best. Nothing will ever surpass it.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Spyro, tho.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

OWB tho.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Unintentionally confusing, claustrophobic design, not many new gimmicks, the challenge becomes grindy and boring-hard after enough scorpion "Ambushes". Seriously, I fucking hate those fucking mechascorpions. They aren't challenging, they aren't fun to fight, they aren't satisfying to kill, they just stalk you in hordes and take forever to die. They're a waste of time.. I'll admit, the plot is nice, and the 8 Gladoses and talking appliances are fun, but the gameplay itself is just not a fun time. Certainly not as fun as Dead Money, at any rate.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Wait.

OWB was the funny robot one.

I meant Lonesome Road.

Dead Money was not a good.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Dead Money was fun and interesting, and I got to learn where the silenced snipey-snoo came from. Cool atmosphere, too, if you don't use maps. The enemies could lack variety, but their use and design was intriguing enough that they never got boring. (Unlike certain FUCKING SCORPIONS) and losing all your equipment and being forced to build from the ground up again was a fun experience. Knowing I'd be able to find and get my stuff back at the end, it was cool knowing where I was and how my skills stand on their own now that I'm high-level and in a new environment.

I liked Lonesome Road. That was a fun cinematic experience. It really turned me on to crafting with all the new craftable stuff, but that kinda sucks actually because, if you weren't already a craftyman/survivalist going in, you have to sit around and grind for ages because levels come slower every time.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

But Sent.

Legendary Bloatfly.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Okay, so it had one genuinely surprising encounter, two, actually, counting the midget deathclaw, although both were completely optional, to the point where you need a perk to find it and they're logged as easter eggs. I wouldn't have even found the bloatfly if I didn't get lost in that abhorrent mess of landscape intuitivity flaws that is the northern ravine section of Bullshit.

Therefore, those two scant instances don't change the fact that it's mostly a slog, and it ends with a giant, twice as indestructible and abhorrent version of the boring enemy I hate, which constantly spawns yet more boring enemies I hate. Usually, you don't have to go out looking for something fun in a video game. In a video game about fun, fun usually finds you first. That's what it's supposed to do by design. Unfortunately, what happens is that you're forced to deal with this fucking bullshit every time you go outside, and you can't fast travel around this Just-big-enough-to-be-completely-fucking-obnoxious hellhole without spending ten minutes or more finding and killing all these fucking scorpions.

Screw the end narrator for shaming me for wanting to hurry up and get done, of course I wanted to do that, every dungeon ends with me getting assaulted by immortal scorpion fuckers with too many health bars and a huge aggro radius! This DLC would take me weeks of time spent not having fun. During a thing I do for fun. Fuck that. I don't care if at the end this turns out to be the actual rock candy mountain and I have real life sex with goddamn Kate Upton directly as a result of 100%-ing Big Mountain, this is a boring place with hideous design that looks like it's covered in literal puke. 

That's saying a lot, for a series that's made even the shittiest parts of society's downfall look and feel like a fun, adventurous, and spooky place to go about killing people. The wasteland always looked rundown, dilapidated, even shitty and hellacious, evil and twisted, deplorable and gross, but fallout environments were never ugly. There was never a time in my Fallout-playing life that I actually wanted to fast travel not for time's sake, but to spare my eyes from the fucked up colors and textures and general design of an area. They could make a DLC where you shrink down in order to crawl up Caesar's crusty old-man asshole to retrieve the chip, and the overworld still wouldn't be as as fucking butt-ugly as Big Mountain. 

Imho, the whole area thoroughly lives up to its initials. Fuck that DLC. Except the robots and my brain, they were cool, but it never felt worth it.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I thought Honest Hearts was the worst of those DLCs. Felt too disconnected from the rest of the game and there wasn't much to do.

The Ranger survivalist story was cool though.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Honest Hearts suffered from a lack of good, but honestly OWB suffered from being legitimately bad, with few redeeming factors. The parts that were good were still really good, but god damn was the shit ubiquitous.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

You'd put New Vegas over Fallout 3?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Any right thinking person would.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

But Whhhyyyyyy?!

Fallout 3 felt...better. The factions felt like they had more life to them. Don't get me wrong, I loved New Vegas, but I felt like I could only play it in short bursts, otherwise I'll get sick of it and not pick it up for a few weeks. Fallout 3 almost always felt fresh to me.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Eh

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Fallout 3 was ruined as an RPG due to its stupid level-scaling system. There was no point in exploring as every loot was level scaled and there was no way to find any super cool item. Fallout 3 also had way less quests and items than NV, not to mention that the quests were of lesser quality. Moreover, Fallout completely fucked up the Falloyt lore which thankfully NV had in spades! The only fault of NV was that it didn't improve over 3 on a technical level.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Lol. No.

There were barely any "factions" of any note in Fallout 3 and even the exploration was pretty dull most of the time.

New Vegas was the game that had multiple factions you could deal with, join, etc. The exploration was better in general as well.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I'm not sure what Negative means by the lore aspect, but here's how I see it:

Story: Fallout 3

- I don't know about you, but I think being a guy straight out of a vault and thrown into the wasteland in a quest that leads to doing something that could save mankind is much better than a courier out for vengeance. Sure, the Courier's story picks up after a bit where you have the option of beating two armies by yourself, but in the end, it doesn't seem like you made as much of an impact as bringing pure water to the Capital Wasteland.

Exploration: Fallout: New Vegas

It had a bigger map, and many quests to take you to different places. That's really all that I can give to it. I personally found it more interesting to explore the Capital than a few scattered buildings in the desert. The only reason I'd give this to New Vegas is because it is bigger and it didn't force you to go underground every time you wanted to get somewhere.

Side Quests: Fallout 3

Come on, I know Fallout 3 had less quests overall, but I bet you remember most if not all of them. Fallout: New Vegas had many quests that are simply forgettable. Every Fallout 3 quest felt like it was a new episode in the tales of the Lone Wanderer. From the super heroes fighting each other to the tree guy, each quest had its own special feel to it. That, I think, is better than having more quests overall. Quality over quantity.

DLC: Eh, not sure

I think the strongest of New Vegas DLC was Dead Money, the rest were kinda meh for me. I like how they all tied into a greater story. While Fallout 3's DLC weren't absolutely fucking fantastic, they were all consistently good. I didn't see any as a drop in quality. The DLC with Joshua Graham was boring and I got tired of hearing Ulysses talk after a while. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Big Mountain. That one was pretty good. Also, none of New Vegas's DLC lets you continue the storyline.

-

Then of course, New Vegas had more choices, which fits in what you'd expect from an RPG. Still, I just never get bored of Fallout 3, unlike how I do with New Vegas. Maybe it's the atmosphere. Maybe it's the bugs and glitches.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Just going to address your retarded answers since the exploration one was fine.

Story: Fallout 3

Sucked.

Seriously, it was the same old cliche of being the “chosen one” and they even put a fucking religious spin on it. Why the hell do I want to help my dad who left me in the Vault, let alone the fucking BOS who are white knighting all over the fucking place? The more I was forced to help these assholes, the less I liked it.

Glad I destroyed the fucking Citadel at the end of Broken Steel.

At least the Courier wanting revenge made more sense. Plus it was the first Fallout game where they actually freed you from having some sort of stupid community/loved ones/etc. Being a true “lone wanderer.”

If anything it was more along the lines of Beth does with the Elder Scrolls games. Not sure WHY they don’t follow that formula with Fallout instead of shoehorning family members that I don’t give a shit about.

Side quests in Fallout 3

Memorable as in bad maybe.

Like yeah, I remember the vampire side quest because it was fucking pants on head retarded. Honestly most of the side quests in Fallout 3 were a whole lot more limited in that there was pretty much only one way to complete them most of the time.

Arguably the only one that had some imagination was Ten Penny Towers since you could do the whole negotiation thing and find out the ghouls kill all the humans anyway. It was a good example of where doing the “right thing” doesn’t always lead to positive results which fits more with the Fallout setting.

New Vegas had a lot of side quests that had multiple ways to finish them. There was lot more quantity AND quality

DLC

Lol. Fallout 3’s DLC was hit or miss.

Anchorage was basically a shooting gallery and the Alien one was even worse. Worst DLC in the whole series actually.

Broken Steel was more of a fix because their original ending was retarded.

The Pitt had the best setting, but it was sort of limited.

Point Lookout was large and added some exploration and enemies, and probably the best of the lot, but that’s not saying much.

“Still, I just never get bored of Fallout 3, unlike how I do with New Vegas. Maybe it's the atmosphere.”

Maybe it’s because:

You’re a fucktard.
You’re a fucktard.
You’re a fucktard.
You’re a fucktard.
You’re a fucktard.

*Drops mic*

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Shit just got real

[Megalovania Intensifies]

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

"Seriously, it was the same old cliche of being the “chosen one” and they even put a fucking religious spin on it. Why the hell do I want to help my dad who left me in the Vault, let alone the fucking BOS who are white knighting all over the fucking place?"

Because Dragon Ball Z.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Again, I agree that Fallout 3 might have had a better impact because it was first 3D Fallout. But it doesn't change the fact the New Vegas is the best fallout game, the second best post-apocalyptic game (first being STALKER), and is miles ahead of anything Bethesda has ever created.

Side Quests: This is simply not true. The quests in NV are far more memorable and over-lapping than 3. Take the very first side quest in the beginning. You have to defend a town from a raider attack. You have the choice to either side with the raiders and attack the town or side with the commoners to defend. Depending on your RPG skills (explosives, barter, etc.) you can convince more people to join the fight and get more and more guns and equipment for the defense.

Instead of being a simple side-mission with one or two available approaches (like 50% of Fallout 3), this quests has numerous different ways to tackle it. It also takes into account your actual character and hence makes you involved in it on a scale that actually changes its course.

Factions: The faction in Fallout 3 could be easily grouped into two groups - Good guys and bad guys. Fallout NV had factions that had clear motivations that you might or might not agree within the game, hence giving them multiple shades instead of a binary personality.

Beginning: The Fallout 3 is a heavy-handed, overly-scripted, too long, tutorial. Coming out of the Vault and having an obligatory finding dad objective is far less compelling that finding the people who shot you in the head and travelling to a Post-Apocalyptic Las Vegas.

World: The world of Fallout 3 is super-depressing and bleak most of the time. In comparison, Fallout NV has an upbeat tone and humor that directly ties with the 2D Fallout games.

Misc: NV introduced so much new gameplay elements to Fallout that were lost in Fallout 4 (further consolidating my opinion of Bethesda as an incompetent RPG game developer).

The improvements form 3 (apart from the above) - iron sights, weapon mods, hardcore mode, mini-games, damage threshold, traits, item crafting, better dialogue, better companions controls, alternate ammo, lots of skill checks, actual alternate endings instead of simple variations, etc.

It is perfectly fine to like 3 more than NV and honestly that what matters. But on a general note, NV absolutely destroys Fallout 3 (and 4) in every single aspect. Not only is it better than 3 but also Skyrim. Not surprising considering these same people went on to develop Pillars of Eternity.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

... Do you see my profile pic?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

SUPER HOT! SUPER HOT!

?
I like Fallout: New Vegas (Best Fallout Ever), Fallout 4, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and pretty much any Bethesda game. Some of the original Resident Evil games, RE Revelations 2, and RE 7. I'm also into stuff like Eco and Astroneer.  Metro, Call of Duty, I pretty much like every game I play. Gonna be hard to pick a favorite.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I too, love the *.+gaems+.*

I love the entire Mother series with all my heart. My boyfriend is more of a Mother 3 guy, but I still like Earthbound. They're games that you make your own.

I also love ff6! It's my favorite Final Fantasy. The original Ys games are super fun, and POP'N MUSIC IS CRACK COCAINE. So is Persona (Persona 2 has my favorite cast, but alas, the actual gaming...). I also like to play stupid date sims. The goal is, obviously, to date everyone at once. It doesn't always work out. Rip Daichi Amano, my P3 emo protagonist.

Oh! Does anyone know the Legend Of series? Specifically Trails in the Sky. These dorks have stolen my stupid heart.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Goddammit Tim!

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Trails in the Sky fan reporting as summoned. Schera or Agate in SC? Schera for me

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Schera, no contest. But Olivert is my boy.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

No disagreement there. Final team was Olivier + Kloe

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

In no particular order:

Banjo and Kazooie 2

KOTOR 1 & 2

Red Faction 2

Total War: Shogun 2

Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I think i've been living under a rock but... what is a GOAT? Is it an acronym for Goats Over A Turtle? Is it a goat in goat simulator? What exactly is this so called GOAT?

Wait, is it a goat monster thing from Undertale?

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I think it means Game of All Times.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

What is a Goat:

The domestic goat (Capra aegagrus hircus) is a subspecies of goat domesticated from the wild goat of southwest Asia and Eastern Europe.

The goat is a member of the family Bovidae and is closely related to the sheep as both are in the goat-antelope subfamily Caprinae. There are over 300 distinct breeds of goat. Goats are one of the oldest domesticated species, and have been used for their milkmeat, hair, and skins over much of the world. In 2011, there were more than 924 million live goats around the globe, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization.

Female goats are referred to as "does" or "nannies;" intact males are called "bucks" or "billies;" and juveniles of both sexes are called "kids". Castrated males are called "wethers". Goat meat from younger animals is called "kid" or cabrito (Spanish), while meat from older animals is known simply as "goat" or sometimes called chevon, or in some areas "mutton" (which more often refers to adult sheep meat).

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
Thank you for the insightful comment. You have truly enlightened us all.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

I know right? I try my best!

Special

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

It means Greatest of All Time. People that have these titles (that I know of) are: Tom Brady, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Michael Jackson (though in he's most often called the King of Pop), etc.

Though it could mean Games of All Time given the subject matter.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

- PPSSPP

- Snes9x

- Project 64

- VisualBoyAdvance

- ePSXe

Best "games" on my PC.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Hurray for the VisualBoyAdvance.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago
You forgot the best emulator of them all - 'Dolphin'.

My top 5 favorite GOATs

7 years ago

Agree agree agree! PPSSPP is so noice! Long live VBA bless dat mm