WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago
Posts and projects that involve development related to CYS. Bugs pertaining to CYSCE/FFE or any other CYS development projects may be shouted in this thread.

ChooseYourStory Firefox Extension

ChooseYourStory Chrome Extension

CYSCE GitHub Repo

CYS Member Rankings

List of CYS Members as of Nov 5 2018, 1700 EST

Old Links:

CYS Members Dec 2017(?) Google Spreadsheet

CYS Members Dec 2017(?) Dropbox .txt file

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago
Possible bug related to Chrome extension: My Stuff --> Storygames. When I click on the column header "published," I thought it would sort by publish date. It does not. It appears to sort alphabetically, grouping by whether it is published or not...but that might be something with the site that the plug-in cannot grab ahold of...

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago
@BradinDvorak I can't recreate this problem because I only have one game published. As far as I can tell, both with and without the extension, the published button (and title button) works when tapped a few times to reset whatever weird cached tablesorter alexp has in place for /my/Games

My suggestion for now is to click it a few times in a row and see if that sorts the way you want.

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago

I can't really test this either since I happened to publish my games in alphabetical order, but yes, it is the default site behavior unaltered by the extension. Seems to operate on a delay, too, where the sort you select is applied only after you've selected a new one.

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago
Did you publish them in alphabetical order on purpose?

CYS Dev Thread

one month ago

I might not have.

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago
polling for opinions: mobile app purely for reading/playing storygames. reason: storygames burn my eyes out at night and I wanna read before I sleep so there needs to be a dark mode.

abilities:
- login
- browse/play games
- save place
- light/dark mode

blind people opinions will be ignored to the full extent of the law

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago

I normally just use the dark mode of the browser. An app would be nice if it could improve some of the other stuff like the extension does,  but I imagine that it's not that easy to make.

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago
I require the name of this dark mode mobile browser that is not chrome.

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago

Samsung Internet.

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago
[spoiler=fuck yourself]Fuck yourself.[/spoiler]

CYS Dev Thread

15 days ago
This would be very good yes although honestly if I'm ever in a situation where I'm trying to read large amounts of text on a tiny phone instead of a real screen like God intended, something has gone terribly wrong.

CYS Dev Thread

14 days ago
Don't read kindle on your phone or anything?

CYS Dev Thread

14 days ago

I'm still using the site in its purest form and have not downloaded any app. In any case, when I bothered to click the link to it, I got warnings about potential viruses and shit.

CYS Dev Thread

14 days ago
every link in the op is to Google except BD's firefox thing which is, as far as I can tell, just a download link for a file hosted on his website or a cdn. I'm sorry your oldness is preventing you from trusting links everyone else has been fine with and that are provided by people well acquainted with internet security (and autistic enough to make everything as perfect, painless, and open source as possible).Vanilla cream on white is the best way to enjoy the site by far.

CYS Dev Thread

6 days ago
Don't remember what post gave inspiration but 0.4.6 of the CYSCE/FFE can do spoilers now through use of bbcode spoiler tag; and some other stuff was done. I updated it on the chrome webstore a while ago but I'm not sure what the wait time is for it to automatically update (I sync with the github so I don't have to wait).

If it's updated for you, then the following should not be visible until you hover over it:

[spoiler=hover to reveal, click to toggle reveal]MØnti PythØn ik den HØlie Gräilen RØtern nik Akten Di Wik AlsØ wik AlsØ alsØ wik Wi nØt trei a hØliday in Sweden this yër? See the lØveli lakes The wØndërful telephØne system And mäni interesting furry animals The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON Including the majestik mØØse A MØØse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the mØØse with the sharpened end of an interspace tØØthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian mØvies: "The HØt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge MØlars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, mØØse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. MØØse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special MØØse Effects OLAF PROT MØØse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMØØse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's MØØses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME MØØse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG MØØses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large mØØse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the MØØse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute. Executive Producer JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama Producer MARK FORSTATER Assisted By EARL J. LLAMA MIKE Q. LLAMA III SY LLAMA MERLE Z. LLAMA IX Directed By 40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS 6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS 142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS 14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA) REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON 76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY and TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES[/spoiler]

CYS Dev Thread

6 days ago
I just added CYSCE to Opera and it seems to work. The spoiler text thing, too.

Posting is a little weird with a black screen and line numbers, though. Is that normal with the extension?

CYS Dev Thread

6 days ago
You can change that in profile settings under "Enhanced Plain Text" and choose a bunch of sub-options for it too if you wanna play with it. I personally disable the enhanced thing unless I'm scripting in storygames or using lots of html/css where it's useful to have line numbers and syntax highlighting.

CYS Dev Thread

6 days ago
Thanks. I'll play around with it and see what works best for me.

Edit: The spoiler text doesn't seem to be working yet with the FFE on my end.

CYS Dev Thread

5 days ago
I'm only in control of the chrome one. BD manages the firefox version by himself so it'll update whenever he gets around to it unfortunately.

CYS Dev Thread

5 days ago

Yeah, the conversion requires a lot of manual find & replace and I'm lazy lol

I have updated the FF extension to the latest version now (and then had to upload a quick revision bc of a problem with the icon). For anyone currently running 0.4.1, it should eventually auto-update, but here's the manual link anyway: CYSFFE 0.4.6r1