Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I call upon all the mods to witness on this day that I hereby challenge @EbonVasilis to a writing duel.

May the greatest faggot lose.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

OH SHIT NIGGA, SHOTS FIRED!

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

So you can't read then? Go enter the contest if you want to compete with me. I'm trying to at least help give the site more storygames, and contribute something in that way. Making useless threads like these is pointless when we have a perfectly good contest. Besides I am certain mizal would rather that than have to do another anonymous duel. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Endmaster seems pretty enthusiastic, are you really going to try and back out now while he's right there watching? Coward.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Are you really attempting to do that? I'll make this real simple. I invited you to go settle this in the contest. Something that would benefit the whole site, and frankly, something much more challenging than a simple writing prompt. You then, instead of accepting that challenge, decide to make another thread for a duel and issue a separate challenge. My inital invitation still stands. If you want to settle this, then we will do so in the proper Cystian way. Through a storygame. Anything else is a waste of my time when I am trying to produce something for the site. 

It does make sense that you wouldn't want to do that though. Having failed to produce something in October like you said you would. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
What exactly are you afraid of here Ebon? You think so little of me but you can't write a simple short story to easily defeat me? It doesn't take a month to settle this.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Like I said. My original invitation stands. A storygame in the contest or nothing at all. I'm not going to lower the quality of my entry there to answer the yippings of a dog here. So unless you want to do this in the proper way... cease this nonsense and screw off. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

I feel like you're just wussing out :( where's your competitive spirit?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Unlike you not everyone has to prove the apology letter from trojan was wrong chill the fuck out.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Are you saying the duels I host are not "properly" CYStian, Ebon?

I suggest you choose your next words carefully.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

No. Obviously they are hosted well. I just think that a story game is more fitting for a site that has the name chooseyourownstory as its name. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
People enjoy the voting aspect, and if someone can't manage to write a short story that's entertaining to read, no one wants to read thousands and thousands more of their words slopped on a screen just because.

People also have school and jobs and families, and not everyone can commit to a full storygame contest to make a point.

Not nearly enough instant gratification and blood in those anyway.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

The voting makes sense. 

If he doesn't want to do a story game, then he doesn't have to. I am doing the contest, and that is way more important to me than this guy. 

Aside from the contest, I have a job, am a full-time college student, and have family commitments for a a couple of weeks between now and when the contest ends. I'm going to be pushing myself to complete my entry plus everything else I have to do with life. I'd rather not spend time writing a piece that I will never read again for a duel with someone that I barely know. 

All of that being said, I won't begrudge Soy if he rejects my challenge. Family is more important than an internet obviously, so if he actually can't do a contest than no sweat. But please don't expect me to be understand it perfectly when he starts a conversation with insults, continues berating me, then rejects my challenge, AND then, in the same breath, cries that I didn't accept his challenge. 

Of course I berated him back, so I am no victim, but let's not pretend that he is blameless for denying my challenge, and then in a bout of hypocrisy accuses me of denying his. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
k

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Not another college student! We're going to need a role in the Discord so we know who to help out with their homework eventually. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Maybe we should look into flash fiction duels to accommodate these busy 20 somethings the retarded 2014 accounts all turned into.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

ok mr productive

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Holy crap

Ebon, you can’t work your way out of this one, no. Soy’s gone berserk!

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

oh no

I thought I told you not to

well it was good knowing you

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Haha. So they were in bed together. Good to know

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

I am a virgin :) and I am not a fan of soy products

except edamame!

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
The only person I'm in bed with is your mom.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Mods, how many points does Ebon need to spend to hire a second, since he's too weak to defend his own honor?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Hell, I'll do it for free. No rule against being in two duels at once, right?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Lol

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I gotta make up for my ultra-shitty debut somehow. I see any chances I'm down for, I'mma try and take 'em.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Love the enthusiasm, but hold your horses on being my second. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Heh, fair. He doesnt seem to be on your level of credibility, though. For what it's worth, I also think you should accept the duel.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Voldy it really depends on which story is yours. With what I've seen of his games I feel perfectly comfortable challenging someone on Ebon's writing level, but you may be a lot better than him.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Voldy and Ebon's avatars are a little similar, I was thinking Ebon has really lost it and was fighting with himself now.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Lol. Now I keep seeing this when I scroll through this thread.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Ebon's really respected around here, and he has been in contests before. That's mainly where I was coming from. I honestly don't know enough of your work, but if you do feel comfortable facing him, he should do it because of that regardless. I don't know why he would want to lose some of that respect over a short story duel.

I can't yet say which one is mine, but I was one of the ones who turned in pretty early. Writing a good short story is not easy, but it's definitely not something on the level Ebon is acting like it is.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Just so the order of events here is clear. 

I challenged Soy to a bout in the contest. 

They completely ignored it out of fear presumably.

They proceed to challenge me here which I reject, because of I will only have time to be writing for the contest. Any amount of time spent in this would be time I could spend making my contest entry better. Not to mention they didn't even properly respond to my challenge. 

The only way I accept your challenge is if I, the challenged, in traditional duel rules, am allowed to choose the weapon. In which case I would choose a story game duel within the contest. 

And before you try and accept my challenge under those same principles, my challenge was specific to the contest. Yours was not. 

"I call upon all the mods to witness on this day that I hereby challenge @EbonVasilis to a writing duel." 

I am fairly certain that "story game for the site contest" falls under the category "writing." If that is the case, and if the mods will allow me to catch Soy on a technicality in their verbiage, then I accept.

Otherwise, as previously said, screw off. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
That's not how it works, stupid.

Duels are duels, they follow specific rules, there are plenty of examples right here if you just open your eyes a little. How can a storygame be voted on anonymously? That's a completely different thing and it was just you trying to change the subject when you lost our argument. And why are you trying to hide until New Years when this can be settled right now?

Do you think if you just keep making excuses long enough this will go away?

Well, perhaps it will work for you to just keep dodging until I get bored and leave, but it's clear right now the mods favor my side in this.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

So, the both of you want to duel, but on different levels. How about this: a mod comes up with a very broad theme so Ebon can write and submit an excerpt of his storygame (to be used in the contest and this duel) and you would write a short story/ excerpt. 

A second, possibly less time-consuming idea for the duelists that I can think of is for both the 'seconds' to partake in this too. Ebon will co-author a story/ storygame excerpt with Voldy while you and Bondo would work on another piece.

Of course, this is assuming all involved participants and a mod agrees.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

I'm up for that after my current tournament's done.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Oh, so you are saying that due to a prior commitment you won't have time to do something else?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

yeah, and I'd already changed my mind about your whole deal being that you're already in a contest. I just didn't want to mention it because it'd inturrupt and I figured no one cared who's side I was on.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Cool. Noted.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I don't think we need special rules, he should just accept the duel. If he can go on and on posting on the forum then a simple short story isn't taking so much time that it will effect a contest deadline over a month away.

I don't understand, if I'm not on his level, isn't accepting the duel the quickest and easiest way to prove it?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I agree. Honestly, part of my "second" offer was to try and get him to accept on some level.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Part of being a well rounded writer is being able to create more than a few hundred words in a few hours. If I wasn't in a contest, then I might accept. A contest, however, is a much better way to determine someone's ability. It turns out, writing 50,000 words in a month is much more impressive than a flash fiction. Anyone can write one of those, but not everyone can write a full story game consistently over the course of a month AND have it be good quality. The fact that my preferred method of dueling is much more difficult should give you an idea of who is better here, and who is willing to put more effort in. 

Yet, somehow I, attempting to write a near novel length piece in a month, for the benefit of the site, is docked points for not accepting your duel. You, however, have nothing. You have no excuse. You are doing nothing and are involved in nothing. You have no excuse here for not accepting the original request except for the obvious motivator, which is fear and cowardice. At least I am doing something productive for the site.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I'm down with that. It looks like Ebon is going to stick with his original offer, but if he changes his mind, I'm here for it.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
If we went this route it'd have to be either both doing short stories or both doing excerpts, those are very different beasts.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Actually on further thought I'm nixing this. Unfinished work is what we have the Writing Workshop for. Anybody can write an intro or some random disconnected scene, that's nothing to treat as a challenge.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Haha. This seems like a good time to use this quote:

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written."

https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/creative-corner/message/21590

I am well aware of how duels work, but disagreements have been settled through contests as well. The Chaos Contest is a good example of that. Also, I've done stuff like contest confrontations before. Check my point history to see that I lost one such thing with Mizal a couple of years ago. Traditionally contests are judged by mods without user bias, or at least, that's how things were done. That is what I challenge you to, and, I might add, first. My previous points still stand. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
How about you run along and write your storygame now if you expect people to believe you just don't have time for any other distractions, hmmmm?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

What do you think I have been doing between posts this whole time?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Being a faggot?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Lol a mod took your points. Pussy.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Honestly I don't care where the blood flows from, as long as the blood flows. (Hopefully someone else sets up the arena for the battle though, I'm lazy.)

Anyway you don't get this sort of entertainment at the CoG forums or the IFaggotry site. Just yet another reason why we're significantly better.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I bet they don't accept duels either.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
It might be of interest to some that I heard from a very reliable source that just a little while ago, Ebon was begging to be allowed to duel Bondo. Not a very fair duel either: Ebon wanted to wager mere pointless points on his own end, while forcing Bondo to fight for his very account.

Very brave, very noble.

Well anyway you kids have a great night!

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

I mentioned to that same person that it was in the same contest format, and I would be willing to have my account on the line as well. Although it would probably be more useful for him to have his debt taken away than me being banned. I would even be willingly to do both in the contest format. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
That is indeed VERY interesting and I think it says a lot about Ebon's moral character.

We already know what the state of his spine is of course.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

wait what

I absolutely do not accept this

no one's account is being deleted

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Big E Langston is hilarious.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

@WouldntItBeNice

Whenever you're done writing anime fagfic, Ebon's back and you two can finish what you started in a proper CYS Contest.

Or not.

That's fine too.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
It was recommended to me by one of my allies in this fight that I save details of what led to this:

This was Ebon's response to me complaining his posts were pretentious and condescending, and his way of trying to prove me wrong.

All I wanted was a simple duel to settle this like men, but that was not to be, so I'll see you all next Thanksgiving when I bump this thread to call him a faggot again.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Soy_No_More is actually kind of based, as it turns out 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

It kinda amazes me that you are still stoking the heat of your anger. Just a couple of quick things.

I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well. Food is always delightful. 

Secondly, I never really denied being pretentious or condescending or tried to "prove you wrong" about that. You said it yourself, "Ah yes, indubitably, just be "dismissive" of the "offending" post, how else would someone like "you" ever reply?" 

All of my posts were intentionally dismissive of your question and specifically written to provoke you to anger. The ultimate goal was to get you to join the contest and wager points. That clearly didn't happen, so a duel in January will suffice. I actually go as far to admit I'm pretentious in that very thread btw, so if your goal is to prove that I'm condescending, then I don't think anyone will really disagree with you there. 

The only thing I did outright denied in that thread is being a faggot. 

Also, just so we are clear about who said what here, I never claimed to be a member of high importance. I called you a low one, because you are. Am I? I have a featured storygame and two others with ratings above a 5. Those aren't bad merits, but because of how long I have been away from the site, and a few other reasons, I would personally place myself as a member of low to mid import at best. Some may think I'm higher. Most at this point likely think of me as lower.  You clearly think I'm lower as well, and in a round about way I agree a little bit. If you leave the site for a while, then of course your standing will drop. Especially if you are in the shame pit.

My goal with this site has never really been to be liked. I want to be better at writing, and I tend to improve far more quickly in competitive scenarios. That's why I was excited to be with the villains so long ago. That competition and friction helped me to improve tremendously. These past two days have given me a similar opportunity, as I now currently have around 7 duels scheduled in January, and a contest to write for. All of that is going to help me perform under pressure, and will ultimately, hopefully, help me to improve as a writer. 

Sure, now many may think ill of me, perhaps even more so after they read this post, but that doesn't change the fact that I am here to improve as a writer. With our little confrontation, doors that were closed previously are now open. Thank you for that. 

Anyhow, I am really tired of talking with you know. Say what you will. I'm not going to reply unless it is actually something important. Good luck to you though as you finish out the year, and especially as our duel approaches. I do look forward to it. If focusing on competing with me helps you to improve as well, then even better. 

I guess one last thing. I like to keep my pretentious...ness limited to my writing. It forces me to back my bold claims and arrogant attitudes with actual proof, or be utterly shamed. As a person, homo sapien, a living breathing human, I definitely do not think I'm better than anyone. If that is what it seems like to you, then apologies. That is not my intention. Human to human, I wish you the very best in life and in all endeavors you seek to pursue. 

Writer to writer... in our duel I'm going to completely and utterly destroy you, and prove that my my writing is better. In this site and in our conversations that is what I care about. 

That is all. Have a good day. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
...This is going to be amazing. Neither man can back out now.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Dang it Voldy. I had a couple of typos I was fixing.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I do apologize, fellow homo-sapien.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
....why the fuck didn't you just enter these 638 words as your duel story?

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
This is exactly what Soy and I have been saying the whole time.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

If I do a duel, then I am going to take it seriously. Not just slap something on a page and submit it. If I write a typo riddled entry with out a second thought, without proof reading, and without planning, then it will turn out crap. I'm not going to face off in a duel with crap for a weapon. If I am given several day us to create an entry, then I am going to use all of those days to polish that story into oblivion. In my current situation, and on free days, I can typically knock out around 3k words a day. If our time to make something is about 3 days, then the exchange rate is pretty simple. Either I do a duel that can wait until next month, or I can swap almost 10k words that could be used for my contest entry. In my opinion 5k words could be the difference between 1st place or 2nd. Let alone 9-10k words? Yeah my decision is simple here. I don't know why you all are so adamant about that. Morgan was challenged, and she declined because she was writing a novel for NaNoWriMo. I'm attempting to do the same thing for the site, and I get stoned?

As for the past hour? My stomach is so full I might explode. I was going to wind down for a little bit anyway before I started writing again. 

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
k

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Morgan is fucking worthless and will never do anything of value here, that's literally the entirety of her remaining reputation, and she only HAS a reputation at all with members whose memories go back five years or more. So maybe don't hinge any of your arguments on comparing yourself to her, to start with.

Also, I was joking about you being "grimly autistic" about these before, but now? Yikes.

You really could've crapped out 1000 words in a couple of hours and then just moved on with your life, what's happening here instead is far more memorable and will have longer legs. Nobody needs to spend three full days on a thousand word story...seriously, how even would you? But you say you like adversity so I just hope you can work this to your advantage. I mean you're certainly going to need stamina to defeat Endmaster and all, I...suppose...all this could be a good way to start. To some ways of thinking. Perhaps.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Quick tip: smoking weed doesn't help with writing productivity, so you getting stoned is a bad idea.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
And Wizzy would fucking know.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

"And Wizzy would fuck"

Thank you mizal, I appreciate your confidence in me!

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
You've done a better job convincing all of us here than you have your mom, that's for sure.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
I sincerely hope you keep the same energy for your duels and your contest entry that is present in your various autistic rambles and walls of text. Good luck.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

I just want to say that over the course of 2 days Ebon has written roughly 1,747 words or about 3 duel entries in responses in this thread.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago

Make that 1,988.

WITNESS ME

2 years ago
Add an additional 414 arguing in the other thread:

The thing is...when you routinely foam at the mouth for, objectively, no reason, it is really easy to assume your words are the result  a lack of mental capacity instead of a fine tuned humor. You'd also get more respect if your merits were larger, and you weren't so deep in debt.

Such "in depth" observations for someone who has read only a few of my posts, and seems to think they know so much about me. The reason for why I made that post should be obvious if you actually took time to breathe and think before posting an insult that automatically categorizes you with the "autists" that were arguing here earlier.   

Sidenote: Tmana and Lux are actually a bit more fun to have around, and i have some level of respect for them.  

To summarize:  

lol fag

Depends on how you look at it. Edit: If you actually want to read something pretentious, then go find End's romance story contest a couple of years back. I was way more of a braggart back then than now.

I have no obligation to answer someone I have never had a conversation with. Let alone one who insults me out of no where. If you have read more than a few of my posts, as you claim, than you would know that I much prefer to settle disagreements through actual bouts. Insult-derived arguements don't really tend to go anywhere useful, and the only real winners there are the by-standers. If you have a problem with me or my attitude, then go join the contest make an additional bet against you beating me there. I listen to people who back their anger or annoyance up with action. 

No, I am not gay, a faggot, or whatever other word you would like to use. 

But clearly your problems with me are not based on sexual orientation. Hence, the rest of my posts are directed towards that. I guess its my mistake to assume you can a read post and understand what the words there mean. I'll re-word it simply.  You are a user of low importance. Get good by writing something in a contest that doesn't land you 11th place.

Oh, and while you are at it, go hang up your white knight armor. Of all the people to come aid, you decide Bonfaggle is the one.  Although it does make sense for two users that are in the negative in points to be in bed together. 

But all in pursuit of being the best writer he can be.

Really though while I think Ebon has made some questionable decisions here, I know we'll all enjoy the bloodsports in January. This last set of duels has really breathed some life into the forums, and it looks like it'll continue for awhile.

He just better turn up with a good storygame for the contest after all this, that's all I can say.