Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Proof of life

one year ago
forum not dead

Everyone is just saying so while distantly observing it.

So what sort of not dead things have you all been up to lately?

Proof of life

one year ago

As far as the site goes, slowly working on Tales From the Basement 2 (About halfway done with the second path), and planning the next contest announcement sometime for September.

I was going to try to set up another Escape the Dark Sector game after the last contest, but you lot were all involved your Blacksmith stuff, so I didn't bother.

Also need to get around to updating the CYS history at some point.

Proof of life

one year ago

I've been planning on what to do with wolves of the sea.

Proof of life

one year ago

I just read that as, "I've been planning on what to do with all the wolves in the sea". Thought it was a very noble goal regarding an overlooked and widely unreported issue and wished you all the best in your endeavor. ^_^

Proof of life

one year ago
making a belated mhd celebratory thing

Proof of life

one year ago

Just kind of stumbling around aimlessly, looking for brains to eat. The usual totally not dead stuff. ^_^

Proof of life

one year ago
I published a few short stories that aren't really CYOA, but I didn't know what else to do with them.

Proof of life

one year ago
I've been trying to figure out if I want an idea to be a cyberpunk or a dark fantasy.

Proof of life

one year ago

Both!

Proof of life

one year ago

Well your chances of getting featured in scifi are better with the cyberpunk story. However, the grimdark category doesn't have as many stories in it in general so more additions there are cool. Granted we could probably use more scifi stories too.

Proof of life

one year ago
If I can write something that averages above 4, preferably around 5, I'll be satisfied. Getting featured would be a nice bonus, but I'm more interested in feedback and improving at this time. I might stick with dark fantasy since that's what I originally had in mind. I'll have to think about it more. I think the site could always use more 5+ average stories regardless of category, even 4+ average stories.

Proof of life

one year ago

I've been busy with real-life obligations, and working on a non-CYOA story

Proof of life

one year ago
I've started putting together some notes for a new idea I have to put on here. Hopefully writing something outside of a competition means I'll actually finish it to a standard I'm happy with rather than the rushed mess my bad time management skills usually produce.

Proof of life

one year ago
I went to Belgium for a couple weeks. It was like France, except if France was nice. Bit by bit I've been working on my next storygame, but I really doubt it'll be done any time soon.

Proof of life

one year ago

My plan was to make Vira and Cupcake actually decent, but I haven’t gotten around to that yet. It turns out that being at kung fu from 8:30am to 9:00pm teaching little kids is really exhausting. Therefore I have spent my weekends sitting around and doing absolutely nothing. 

I rated and read the shortest stories I could find for a few days straight because I wanted the 50% of all stories rated trophy, but that’s literally all I've done on this site since the contest. Definitely not dead. :)

Proof of life

one year ago
Preparing to move into my college dorm next week, mocking my friends for having to go to school tommorow. Also been reading some thing lately, mainly a textbook and this other "buisness" book, but also some fiction. Almost done with the Rangers Apprentice series from my childhood. Oh and playing Darkest Dungeon. A lot of Darkest Dungeon.

Proof of life

one year ago
Slowly but surely working on a couple stories. Aside from that, busy with a lot of IRL stuff that's mostly work-related.

Proof of life

one year ago

Well, I've been playing Persona 3 Portable. This is someone like Kiel's favorite game for the reason that is presented in the video above.

Proof of life

one year ago

... When you buy a game for the sexy husbandos, but you can't get 100% achievements without completing the pedo ending. ^_^

Proof of life

one year ago

Some would say it’s how you know you're playing a game that was produced in Japan. Lel.

Proof of life

one year ago

Female sex predators don't get enough representation in a traditionally male dominated field.

Proof of life

one year ago

This game was indeed quite progressive and ahead of its time when you think about its release date of 2009. As always the samurai is ahead of the silly fat cowboy.

Proof of life

one year ago

Did you play the other personas as well?

Proof of life

one year ago

I changed my avatar just to answer your question. 

Proof of life

one year ago

Just looked up the game to check the age of the characters. From the info I can find, the protagonist is 17 and the boy in this clip is 10... Welcome to Japan, everybody! ^_^

Proof of life

one year ago

And apparently in the original Japanese translation, the FEMC still "spends a long time" with him. It's the line that a player usually gets in a social link with heavy romantic subtext that's rank 10 and the characters are in a bedroom with one another. Maybe playing an intense game of chess? In any case, the localization team added the "you spent a long time talking" but taking the original dialogue into account, it wasn’t talking they were doing.

Maybe another intense game of chess?

But the trend continues in both Persona games that follow. In P4 you can be 16-17 and enter some relationship with an older nurse. P5 has you being 16-17 and able to date your older female teacher, or your older local doctor. But a 10 year old is kind of in a different league... they're re-releasing P3 on Xbox so I guess we'll see if they'll keep this scene in. 

Only time will tell if Persona 6 continues that trend. 

Proof of life

one year ago

I'm sure they were definitely fucking and tried to get around it by saying they were "talking."

There was a game I was playing recently called Atom RPG which was basically Fallout: Soviet Union and there was a mission where you can make a teenage farm girl's life more "exciting" by getting her alcohol and weed.

You don't see anything and it doesn't directly say, but there's a lot of giggling, and "Wow!" "That's amazing!" and "Ouch!" style floating dialogue and it's pretty obvious she isn't just talking about the drugs and booze you're giving her.