Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Is anyone NOT playing BG3?

8 months ago
I'm so alone, everyone I know has disappeared into the void to be horny with tieflings and mindflayers. Is there anybody else left out there? Writing or whatnot?

8 months ago

I'm not playing it, but I finally bought Nowhere Prophet which was on sale, So far its been cool, sort of tough though.

8 months ago

I started it, but I happened to be in the middle of Divinity Original Sin 2, so I paused until I finished that.  Uh, and a lot of writing.  Like, a lot.

8 months ago
I'm not. I'm not a boomer, so I didn't even know what this was before this thread... but fuck it looks cool goddamn it.

8 months ago

Age is irrelevant in this case. Your sentence should probably say, "I don't like RPG games, so I didn't know what this was before this thread." Boomers are people born right after World War II. The people who grew up with BG are probably Gen Y and the old people you're talking about are actually Gen X.

8 months ago
Ok, boomer.

8 months ago
Yes. Gen x and even Millienals are refered to as boomers on the internet. The oldest of gen z are in their mid 20s. And it does matter because the previous entry supposedly came out in 2013, which was forever ago as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even have wifi back then, much less a computer. I like rpg games, but didn't know what this was because the series hasn't been a big deal in forever.

8 months ago

Shut up fatty 

8 months ago
You didn’t have wifi and a computer in 2013, but I bet you were still fat as fuck lol

8 months ago

I've been busy with a different game lately.

8 months ago

I've been entirely sucked into it, which hasn't happened since maybe Dragon Age: Origins. The writing, story, voice acting, quests, and ability to kill every single person without breaking the game makes it arguably one of the best RPGs in decades.

There is a bunch of prepubescent hypersexual nonsense thrown in, further complicated by nearly every innocuous dialogue line leading to interspecies copulation or full on bestiality, and the online bots are busy taking pro and anti LGBTQ+ sides on social media, but that hasn't spoiled my fun.

The removal of alignment and the changing of paladins from representing gods to oaths badly needs further development. That said, having a blast with my Drow not named Drizzt, who is also able to become a paladin.

8 months ago

Paladins feel like they're still halfway developed. They're still more interesting now than their previous existence as just armoured clerics with DPS capabilities, but still half baked I think; would be interesting to see the features of their oath maybe as a little more specialized and customizable?

Maybe like how a Warlock gets an Eldritch Invocation to further define their role, a Paladin could get a tenet  within their oath that further specializes  the character. 

8 months ago
Yeah, I'm cool with the game giving you the options, but its a bit weird just how down bad literally everyone on your team is for you.

Like, no Gale, we're not a thing. We did magic one time until I released it was some weird sex thing to you and promptly put a stop to it. You don't have any reason to suddenly pout and demand I choose between you and the person I was actually pursuing.

8 months ago

Bioware's legacy of focusing on more romance shit in their RPGs has basically lead to this outcome of everyone else doing it for RPGs and now people need their waifus to be a sure thing.

Still, it's resulted in some hilarious topics on various forums where they don't seem to do anything else except argue about romance shit.

8 months ago
It will never not be hilarious that people have this immensely long game about so many other things, yet what determines if it is good or not is how bangable the female leads are. Bonus points to the guy who got "forced" into gay sex. Got a good lol out of that.

6 months ago

It has to be that some pubescent little woke bitches got to cram in a bunch of writing right before the game was released. I notice the dog, for example, calls me friend. Not master. There was one line where he called me master and I am certain it was a cutting floor oversight. 

The fact that they rendered genitalia - both female alien scarred gashes and shriveled penises await your viewing pleasure - would be much more interesting if I was 10-12. 

If all these guys are so sexually aggressive, why aren't the women? I call misogyny and oppression of female sexuality. It's basically Victorian if you think about it.

6 months ago
I've been more obsessed with neverwinter nights currently. I also have been playing battlebits and the Doom series multiple times.

8 months ago
I'm writing!

8 months ago

Same!

...Writing this message counts, right?

7 months ago
Same

8 months ago

This time I know what Baldur's gate is! Does seeing the trailers count?

8 months ago

Vampire Survivors has taken up much of my time these days. 

7 months ago

I found it a bit disappointing honestly, most of the locations are just terrible places,I don't really care about the characters since they're mostly selfish, power hungry, or weird demon-cultists. A significant step down from both Divinity games if f I'm being honest, and Witcher III and Red Dead are vastly better games than any of them. 

7 months ago

You sound like a knuckle dragger 

7 months ago

Played a few hours of it with others. I liked the turn based combat system quite a lot, makes playing together less tense and more fun. You can just stop, chat and discuss what to do without having to worry about getting killed by some random boar without completely pausing the game. 

7 months ago
Not gonna happen anytime soon. I've been too focused on unfinished irl projects, and playing NFSU2 when that stresses me too much. The money I would spend on BG3 will go to Phantom Liberty, then I need to save up for pc upgrades.

7 months ago
I finished it. Enjoyed it, despite the lack of balance, LGBTBBQ degeneracy, and the terrible bugs and performance issues.

7 months ago
new phone who dis?

7 months ago
I don't play... I'm a conservative, so I play only old games like woW. i have 15k hours already. so what?

7 months ago
I will say that I don't understand the content of your statement, so I'll leave the final verdict up to others, but this does seem to have certain undertones of profound retardation.

7 months ago

Sadly, I agree with Petros
Now I've got to go wash my mouth out with soap...

7 months ago
conservative in the games you play or in your political beliefs?

7 months ago
To answer this he would have to understand how punctuation and the order words are typed in indicates their meaning.

7 months ago

My guess is that he meant political beliefs and thinks that new games are too woke, so he only plays older games, which he perceives as not being woke.

7 months ago
But playing online games opens you up to the full spectrum of unfiltered internet degeneracy, and forces you to interact with politically opposed people who are alive in the present time. So I'm still confused.

7 months ago

Yeah I was just about to say WoW would be a breeding ground for degeneracy, so it's hardly "conservative."

BG3 on the other hand could be as conservative as you make it, just kill all the male party members that hit on you or something.

6 months ago

Wait until the druid offers himself to you as a bear.

7 months ago

Fifteen THOUSAND hours!? That's two literal years you could have spent doing literally anything other than watching numbers go up and buttons counting down you absolute disgusting turd goblin. There is a loose hierarchy of things you can admit to in public, and this is like, as close to the bottom as you can get without breaking the law.

In fact, here is a rough infographic

7 months ago
This isn't even a stay at home boomer's slow accumulation over the 20 years the game existed, if this guy's reg details are correct he's younger than you are.

7 months ago

Actually vile, disgusting. A zoomer should have known better

7 months ago

Genuinely less respectable than blasting rope to Huniepop for hours 

7 months ago

My mom thinks video games are evil, so I haven't played it

6 months ago

They are evil and make you worship Satan. Or Endmaster. Also, I tried to take a nap and my "friend' the Illithid aka mindflayer, has no shirt on and tells me he feels very close to me, like there was so much potential. I'm looking at these swaying tentacles and the oval mouth ringed with rows of jagged teeth, then down to his disgusting burned, alien flesh, and thinking - I love this game. What the absolute fuck is happening.

6 months ago

You gonna get tentacle raped.