Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Well, she's dead. I wonder how Disney will play their cards.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

You beat me by like a milisecond lol

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

I beat everyone.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

CGI or just make references that she's doing something off screen.

They could always kill her off screen as well. (Probably in between sequels)

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Just have her involved in an accident that horribly burns her face and give her a big black suit.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
I think they've already gotten her footage for the next one?

SPOILERS

iirc Leia winds up in a coma, I guess now she just won't be waking up from it? :/

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
So what you're saying is episode VIII is going to be a remake of episode V.

Meh. I already assumed that after the last fiasco. Disney needs to stick to pirates and animated animals & princesses.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
2016 strikes again. Damn.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Dec 31. - Hollywood burns.

We have 5 days left before they all croak.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

It looks as though Disney killed off the wrong member from the OT. RIP Carrie Fisher.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

She will be missed. May she rest in paradise.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Well shit.

I go to bed and then wake up to find out Carrie Fisher died.

Fuck you, 2016.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

I think this year might be gypsy cursed.

The Cubs had to give it to someone.

But really, what the hell is going on? How many celebrities have died this year?

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
not more than 2015, just many bigger names and our lord and savior Harambe.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Feels so different. I guess I never really realized how normal they are?

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

My condolences to her family and friends.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Doesn't matter how they play their cards, people will eat it up regardless.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Wow, you waste zero time jerking yourself off.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Why would I waste time jerking myself off? How do you jerk yourself off? It's not that challenging...

Also, I'm right. The standard that SW films are held to is very low. Great contribution though, you've really contributed a lot to the defense of those films other than "3J... how dare you disagree with my opinion, you pompous ass!" Grow up. At least Steve defends his position. You're useless.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Oh, come on. Even a fucking virus could get my meaning. You're taking the death of a well-liked celebrity and using it to bitch about how movies about space-knights and an interestellar navy aren't up to your standards.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

What? No I'm not. I answered Steve's question in the OP. What planet do you live on? I'm sad that she's dead. She died way too young.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Steve's question is irrelevant lol. You're so fucking transparent. Gotta get in those digs at the sheeple where you can get them.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Gotcha, in Malk's strange world, answering a question posed in the thread with an opinion that disagrees with him is a really awful sin. This is vintage Malkalack, just like you were when you signed up. Can't wait to hear you regret this too.

Also, of course I'm transparent? I'm not trying to hide anything. lol did you think my post was supposed to be subtle? I can see how you thought Rogue One was nuanced, I guess.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
If your opinion is shit, it's getting called shit. You took Fisher's death as an opportunity to be a nob. Having an opinion isn't some sacred act that protects you from criticism.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

My God... this is the strangest conversation I've had all year. Go ahead and criticize my opinion at some point, if you're going to do that. So far you haven't even mentioned it. You've just gone full Paladin. Really righteous old-school Malkalack.

You're pretty easily offended for someone espousing the position that you're espousing. I'd like to apologize to Carrie Fisher's estate for using her name in vain. I hope you can sleep easy now that your quest is complete. I miss arguing with Steve, at least he's not weirdly asking me to waste time masturbating.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
I'm not offended, lol. Watching you frantically try to cling to a moral high ground while also being a condescending chode is incredible entertainment.

Why don't you tell me how triggered I am, next? Or maybe you should just say "Lol you mad bro?" and be done with it. That would be the perfect way to cap off your session of asinine shitposting.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

That's a wrap, folks. We've descended into arguing about who is more offended. Disappointing. Everyone go slowly jerk yourselves off so Malk can sleep happily tonight.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
That was fun.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

My standards remain higher.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

3 more days until our salvation. 

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Yeah, I just heard about that. :(

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Lourd dies tomorrow. Calling it.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

While planning her daughter's funeral :(

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Jesus, that's rough. I can totally see how something like that could cause a stroke, though. My grandmother literally had one while my aunt was sick, shortly before she passed. That kind of emotional distress is terrible for your health.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago
Yeah, I think it's safe to say the daughter wasn't the one expected to go first of that pair. (Massive amounts of cocaine aside...)

And I was just thinking the same thing you mentioned, holy shit does this make me feel awful for anyone left in the family. Even when it's not two all of a sudden like this, losing people in December always seems to stick with you the worst.

This whole thing has added a second layer of strange to seeing young CGI Carrie btw. For some reason on the drive home I kept wondering if she'd gotten a chance to see herself like that and just, how weird it must've been. And how weird it's going to be for people who knew her the next time one of these gets made. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about technology making characters live on past the actors tbh.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

2016 is trying to take as many famous people as it can in these last few days.

Image result for shooting gif

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago
(Just thought I'd post this to lift our spirits....)

Listen, we all thought 2016 was awful. Dozens of famous celebrities are dying, but they will one day or another. Sure, it hurts a lot and I'm fairly saddened to see her go. I can't imagine the emotional distress these people and their families are going through. This year a gorilla was shot, Trump became president, and people overall thought this was a shitty year.

But there were good things. Malaria is 70% decreasing, less lives are taken by it, and a cure is being made. An Ebola vaccine was created. Green sea turtles and giant pandas are no longer endangered. Children education is being raised firmly, those who did not have any now finally getting a chance to learn. FREAKING ROBOT ARMS CONTROLLED BY YOUR MIND. Great things are happening, and bad things are happening. Such is the order of life. When the tree's branches become withered and bare, a new time comes in which it bears fruit and lush leaves.

The point is, this was just my chance to make you happy.

Back to my corner now.

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

Beautiful words, Jarboy. (I'm pretty sure you're just trying to appeal to us Americans in order to sneak into our ranks, though, aren't ya, commie?)

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

Sure, giant pandas might not be endangered anymore, but Red Pandas are fast approaching extinction.

Hell, there's maybe about 3-digits left of Pangolins in the world, and the amount of pangolins a planet has is the metric by which all other species of astronaut judge intelligence and civilization.

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

Education? Where the fuck did you get that education standards are being raised?

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago
more tests ∴ raised standards

clearly

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

More tests just means that more time is taken away from class, where people actually learn.

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago
I never went to class so I wouldn't know

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

Well 2016 will stand out as a very bad year in history (more so with the benefit of hindsight, which will come) but it is very good that you are pointing out the positives :)

At least 2017 currently contains the great potential for better things :D I am eagerly anticipating the New Years Resolution Thread

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago
make one now and get bragging rights to a popular thread

Beacon of (A New) Hope

7 years ago

I can't wait to be an old man telling kids how easy they have it and that I had to live through a year as turbulent as 2016.

Carrie Fisher's dead

7 years ago

Rip Carrie fisher.