Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
1st Place: Saika - From a Great Height

2nd Place: CrescentStar - Three Hundred Thousand Tears

3rd Place: Orange - Penthos

4th Place: Battlemage - Ethowaine: A Time for Mourning

Honorable Mentions: Reverencia & Mizal

Congratulations to all our winners. Great work to all of our entrants. And SHAME to all of the rest.

A few random notes:

Ford and TCount are idiots.

Saika and Crescentstar made it onto all six ballots. Saika had two first place votes. Crescentstar had three first place votes. Though Saika placed no lower than second on any ballot! Fantastic job both of you.

Orange and Battlemage each made it onto four of the six ballots.

Reverencia and Mizal each made it onto three of the six ballots.

All but four of you wrote stories so unbelievably awful in the eyes of Sir William Smiley that Will11 used his fifth place slot to vote for a guy who didn't even enter the contest! ^_^

Thank you to our judges: @Will11 ; @EndMaster ; @BerkaZerka ; @StrykerL ; @Romulus ; and a middle finger to Bucky for being the last judge to finish for a third contest in a row.

A personal apology to @WouldntItBeNice for making an incorrect critique on her story while initially reading it sleep deprived and non-functioning.

A quick thank you to Mizal and the rest of you who have been understanding about the wait for the results. I've been very busy recently and dealing with life and such. But not you @MinnieKing - you can wallow in the Well of SHAME.

I will be stepping aside from hosting contests for the time being. I'll update my profile with the past few contest winners sometime in the next week or so. I'm only about three contests behind now! ^_^

Our next contest will be hosted by the ban-hammer king himself, BerkaZerka. Please don't flood him requesting details. He will make a formal announcement of his contest on his own terms.

@Saika ; @Crescentstar ; @Orange ; @Battlemage ; @Reverencia ; @mizal

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
gg

I can win Ford back in the next contest right? can I buy Ford back with good storygames or something? does a robot have any way of recovering a soul from an undead lichkin entity? xD there's gotta be left over divinity he can use to come back to life some time later like jesus or w/e

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Even it you did I doubt you'd get your points back

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
m8 I'm literally a pro at getting points. I get points for doing nothing half the time

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Congrats to Saika, Orange, Battlemage, and Cres! Your entries were truly amazing, I loved them. If only i'd been able to publish something, I may have gotten on that list. I'll try to be more competent in not deleting my stories in the future, lol.

Damn you Bucky I hope you get down here eventually and rot like an apple

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

WHOOOO THIRD PLACE!!! Congratuverylations to everyone who entered and actually completed their entry! I can't believe I got third, I'm so happy!

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
*Orange made it onto five ballots - not four.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Great job everyone. Except Ford. Ford failed March, and that is quite unforgivable. 

Special congratulations to Cresentstar. An Architect (aside from Will) that has truly done well. 

Last, but not least. I'd like to offer up a round of thanks to Bucky for hosting all of these, and making these possible. While I haven't participated in any of them, they have truly been a good motivator for people on this site to actually do something. Such hosting done well is quite commendable. (Hint, Hint @mods) 

I'm curious to see what Berka has in store. I'd personally be very interested in seeing a tournament of sorts. Like some kind of short story tournament. That would probably rouse me from my personal writings long enough to participate in one of the site contests. In any case it should be interesting times. 

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

*wins bet money* *has an extra irl $5*

Forgot to say this earlier: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAIKA!!!

Congrats to everyone who entered! Submitting something is a feat on this site, so yeah.

Congrats to Battle - love the pictures <3

Congrats to Orange - Yes. Yes. :0 Yes!!! Good job! I'm so happy for you!

GG, Saika, and well played. Indeed, I lost my will when you joined. You know I had my money on you from the start. AWESOME!!!! Congratulations on winning!!!!!! Seeeeeee! You didn't have to worriedly check your rating everyday. Err nothing.

I can say that I'm very happy with the results and the winner. Thank you, Bucky, for hosting this wonderful, exciting contest! Several quality stories have been added to the site because of it. Berka, I await your contests now that Bucky has resigned. Cheers! *^-^*

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

And at last Ford's soul IS MINE.

Anyway, here's the top 5 I had.

1. From A Great Height by Saika
2. Penthos by Orange
3. Three Hundred Thousand Tears by Crescentstar
4. Of Cold Hands and Sour Fruit by Reverencia
5. Deities of Exiterrium by ericyopy

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Gg, finally. That post was more satisfying then the actual results.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Hmm... My predicted votes for you match up fairly well, actually.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Congratulations to everyone who participated and wrote a decent story, especially first time story-writers. Now, please go back and update your stories, a lot of them had easily fixable issues or otherwise really interesting unexplored ideas which I suspect got kicked out by the clock.

Furthermore, I tip my hat to Will's style, and would like to thank Bucky for running his contests. The contests have been fun to both be a part of and see, I personally joined the site because of the January one.

Here's a requiem for Ford and TCount. May your follies in this life not carry over to your next (alts).

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Thanks to judges for kindly overlooking the horrid flaws in my rushed story. I'll fix it and republish, and next time I'll make sure what I turn in doesn't have idiotic grammar issues or hastily concluded plot angles.

This was really fun. I look forward to participating in the next one.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Congrats to everyone who's ranked high, and especially to Saika, with a deserved first place. Thanks for organising these great contests Bucky.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Congratulations to all the winners, you did a good job! Now Mizal, quick, unpublish this story and show those idiots what a real good story is like. ;)

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Oh, mine's been unpublished since like 3am.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
You don't lose anything if you unpublish, right? Don't know if I should back up all 170ish pages.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Just the count of ratings received till now (the ratings themselves stay there), and the play count resets when you republish it. No content is lost.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Good. I have to fix that thing. Maybe put it back up in a couple weeks.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
I wasn't getting too antsy about the results because the first three places were already kind of a foregone conclusion, it was just a matter of what order they'd place in. Congrats to Saika, Crescent, and Orange for long and completish stories. I liked Rev's quite a bit too, and he deserves some kind of award for best title.

And frickin lol at how bad the others were if I managed to get an honorable mention on an unfinished story that barely even qualified as a CYOA.

I wish in general the entries had embraced the chaos theme a little more, but I guess it's impressive enough this got as many as it did either way. For a little while there it looked like absolute everyone was dropping out.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

*she 

And thanks for saying so! The title was one of the few things I was consistent with since I started writing the darn thing. Aside from the poor time management on my part, this was pretty fun to be involved in. Congrats to everyone!

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
I also enjoyed your entry. I'll be looking forward to your next work.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

I honestly didn't expect that, but thanks Bucky!

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

This is like the second time I’ve had Eric’s story in the top 5 and everyone else hated it. Lol.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Now I must read Eric's stories. o-o

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

I really liked his story, but it didn't end up in my top 5 because it just felt really short and unfinished. If a few paths would've been longer than three pages, it would've definitely ended up on my ballot.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

I have been blessed by Endmaster.

But I unpublished the story because like others and I thought, the story was largely unfinished due to,

1. School activities including MORE WRITING, after school activities, state testing, huge end of the year projects, etc.
2. Procrastination! We all know what it is.
3. The research (which I wasn't able to use most of due to time restraints) was a lot more overwhelming than I thought it was going to be. When searching up 31 (was 32) deities and trying to find out their origins, it took a lot of time and I feel like, more than it needed to be.

Although I am proud of being able to get what I could in the time that I had. And for those interested, I will be working on Deities of Exiterrium and actually being able to expand on Pacem (which was the one I said "screw it" to because I had no time left) and give all the deities the limelight they needed. But during the side, I will work on Hand Gun, another sci-fi story that will be not very serious but just fun in general. ALSO I will be working on a narrative for school so basically I won't be able to work much on stories on CYS. I will be making a post later about Hand Gun and more information, but basically I'm looking for those interested in co-authoring or beta reading my story while I'll be in Malaysia where I can't post on the forums or work on stories much.

And for those who REALLY want to read Deities of Exiterrium, can PM me and I'll send a link.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

*nods somberly* School course for writing, school activity for writing... *cri*

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Congratulations to all the winners and a slow golf clap to all the participants who wrote stories and submitted them to this mass of critics. :)

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

T_T CrescentStar?

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

-_- BRUH

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

???t?sys???d????????ny?????sdy

What I meant to type: haha that mistake has been made so many times already. ;-; (fricking Japanese and Chinese keyboards)

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Holy shit. I won?!

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the results today. Thanks to all the judges and everyone who took part. My favourites were Crescent's and Reverencia's entries, personally. Looking forward to the next contest! I actually made it to the top of Endmaster's list?

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

gg no ree

Congrats man, your storygame was truly amazing.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Oh, hoho. I knew your true intentions. :)

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Congrats to the Winners and thanks to all for the participation!

Details of the next contest will be forthcoming - though there is some debate about whether to hold off the next major contest until after the summer.

Either way, there will be Trophies, Points, and Glory there for the taking!

---

EndMaster 3:666 - "And the jaws of SHAME are opened wide - eagerly awaiting the foolhardy. Beware, lest ye stumble therein and are lost!"

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
The story seemed commendable :) I always like to encourage the underdog writer in the face of so much talent :D

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Sorry about my delay in responding, I’m still too lazy to figure out how to post on mobile.

Congratulations to Saika, Cres, and Orange. All of you certainly deserve the top three. In particular, I am very fond of Cres’ storygame, and I am very glad it was featured. I also want to thank the judges for taking the time to read all of our storygames (even if it was a rushed monstrosity like mine), and I want to thank Bucky for running his swan song contest (for now at least). I rather wish I didn't unintentionally join the mini-contest, for Ford would’ve then had a ton of points which would’ve been banned from his usage.

Saika, from above the countless idiots, lazy idiots, suicidal idiots, somewhat competent idiots, and a handful of non-idiots… you rose above the competition. Enjoy your shiny, golden trophy. :)

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago
Make it go to the desktop version of the site. Much easier.

Chaos Contest Results

6 years ago

Hats off to the triumphant ones!