Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What is/was your school like?

6 years ago

I dunno, the recent class visit made me curious about other school experiences. 

My school is pretty chill. There's GSA - Gender Sexuality Alliance (used to be gay-straight-alliance) clubs and an active student governement thing. Concert fridays where kids can sign up to sing in the cafeteria on friday. Art show thursday where you can sign up to show off your stuff. I'll be doing that one soon. 

There's some gender-neutral bathrooms here, and anti bullying posters everywhere as well as teachers that actually give a fuck about the kids. Well, some of them at least. There was a mandatory assembly today, but I just sat out for it. A few teachers passed me and said hi. 

I've heard that there's people with like, 8 classes a day? I'm quite confused on that, honestly. Is it a semester based system instead? What other kinds of school systems are there? Opinions on them?

At my school, there's 5 periods in a day. It's trimester based so each term there's 12 weeks and throughout the year there's a total of 15 classes. There's some college classes they're offering here for free before you graduate, and I take a couple of those. Graphic design and game design. This is actually one of the best schools in the district, despite being a public school, and there's a lot of pressure to go to college afterwards. It's really surprising finding a kid who doesn't have at least a little bit of college plans.
On wednesdays, there's a late start and early release too. A nice little break in the middle of the week. 

6 years ago
Damn, you missed mandatory assembly!?!? Do you know what 'mandatory' means!?!

6 years ago

Well yes. 
But obviously it's fine anyway because teachers passed me and didn't care.
And like at least 50 other kids skipped. 
All I have to do is ask one of my friends what it was about and get a short summary of what happened.

6 years ago
Glad my sarcasm wasn't wasted on you. Hang on, I should probably point it out this time...

6 years ago
Half of the description of your school being devoted to gender and sexuality stuff tells me a LOT, that really has become The Most Important Thing to the exclusion of most other things about people huh.

Well that and anti-bullying PSAs I guess. When I was in school it was anti drug stuff everywhere, but then again we weren't all killing ourselves or shooting each over over bullying at the time.

In a couple years I imagine it will be tantalizing pictures of tide pods with captions begging you not to eat them I imagine.

6 years ago

The school is focused on trying to make everyone welcome and feel like they have the ability to grow as they are. Gender and sexuality is just one of the bigger more recent changes that they've been accommodating towards. 

While I have yet to witness any bullying here, I've seen and heard about several kids just nonchalantly talking about drugs or people using them. Using names while talking about them, pretty loud and clear in the back of the bus or in the halls. Makes it easy to report them at least. 

We should prolly have more of the anti drug stuff here. 

6 years ago

Welcoming for everyone except those with an iota of common sense, I’m sure.

6 years ago
Wait wait wait, you report people for doing drugs?

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm with Vain, you report people for doing drugs? You fucking shitty narc. The drug war is a fucking awful thing, and you being a part of it and getting people in massive trouble for it makes you a scumfuck.

6 years ago

If they're going to say it loud enough that the entire bus can hear, of course I'm going to do it. They're fucking stupid, and deserve whatever stupid gets them. If they were ya know, quiet about it like they're supposed to be, then I wouldn't be able to report now would I? 

If you want, you can see it as punishment for being idiots instead of punishment for doing drugs. 

6 years ago

Well then, it seems like you're a piece of shit, getting people in serious trouble for loudly talking about something, which they probably did under the assumption that their fellow classmates wouldn't snitch on them. Christ, I talk loudly about drug usage with my mates, around other people are age, because I've always assumed I'm not surrounded by faggots who would throw me under the bus for that, and so far, I've been right. Perhaps the people you fucked over made the same assumption.

So yeah, maybe in future and don't harm others far more than the drugs they take would be doing, and maybe mind your own fucking business, you raging faggot.

6 years ago

I'm just imagining you hastily scribbling away in a notepad now, Taco. Just knees bunched up to chest in your seat and peeking over your shoulder as you jot down details of certain conversations. Brilliant, thank you for this imagery very much. 

6 years ago
Basically as soon as you posted the thing about reporting the kids I knew certain specific people would launch into triggered tirades and so far it's all playing out beautifully, thanks.

6 years ago

It's fun how we've reached a point where "triggered" is used as akin to getting annoyed or upset by something in a reasonable manner. "Wow, all I did was say blacks are inferior mentally, and now people are mad and calling me stupid? #TRIGGEREDLIBS #SJWankers #SJeW"

6 years ago
Well I see you're plagiarizing my usual complaints about how the term is overused basically word for word, but your instantaneous spastic Tourette's level meltdown and hypocritical moral outrage at the thought of someone fucking over people they actively dislike fits the definition more than most of the times I've seen it being used. (Usually by people describing their own distress at things like 'seeing a skinny person'.)

I mean openly bragging about being a snitch is pretty stupid too and thus by her own standards she deserves punishment, but as I said in the chat I would have happily Columbined everyone on my bus and only wish I'd considered other fun alternatives to just damaging my hearing with headphones turned up as loud as possible for three hours every day.

6 years ago

Do you usually complain about how the term is overused? I don't recall. My wasting memory is a well-known trait of mine, so I wasn't, but it does make you a hypocrite. Anyhow,  Taco never says these are like enemies of hers she's getting back at, just that she listens in on other people's private conversations, and then turns them in. I don't know if you're aware, but most people didn't go to schools where they were lonely fucks who hated their entire bus, so you're the minority in that regard.

6 years ago
Yes I see now I shouldn't have been so aloof, I really should have tried harder to become more involved with edgy fucks who talked about raping their girlfriends and torturing animals, or maybe gotten chatty with the guy who literally murdered his family a couple of years later.

6 years ago

Malk already suggested this, but you were clearly the girl at the back of the bus drawing anime while thinking she was better than her class and that's why no one would befriend Tiny Mizal. Like an emo kid who didn't like the other emos.

6 years ago
Not really, I got along fine with the people I chose to hang out with. But I still found it pretty weird you would immediately assume they were her friends and she was performing some great act of treachery. (Buses are not 'classes' btw. You...you do understand that classes are not taught on a bus?)

Like, you're the guy who goes on tirades about how no one has obligation to even family members because they didn't choose them etc., yet somehow 'living in a fifteen mile radius and in the same general direction from the school' equals some automatic sacred bond of brotherhood between a bunch of random kids shoved together onto a vehicle.

Although the weird emo kids at the back of the bus sat there I'm pretty sure for safety reasons to avoid people behind them spitting in their hair. But I guess you'd consider that their fault too.

6 years ago

I didn't assume they were her friends at any point. Don't know where you got that one. You.. you do understand people have to say something for them to have said something, right? Anyhow, she's betraying the other students by listening in to their conversations and turning them in, which yeah, is so lacking in common decency it's fucking awful. And yeah, I suppose they might not be classmates. Fellow students, then. Way to be pedantic, shows you have a winning argument.

Also, yeah, you have no special obligation to family member because you don't choose them, obviously. That's the same logic kids with shitty parents use to defend them. But I've also said you have an obligation of basic decency to those around you. You know, don't go up and punch them, or spit on them, or betray them to the authorities for shit that doesn't matter.

Anyhow, the fact that you didn't get on with anyone sitting on your point, to the fact that you think it's natural for people to find the other bus passengers as enemies, seems to be a good enough rebuttal to you getting along with people. And then you finish with a weird line about emo kids getting spit on, which I feel is a painful flashback to when you were young, because it sure as shit isn't a common thing you just reference casually. Hope you get through that.

6 years ago

oh wow, taco's a faggot again. 

6 years ago
Fuck you're a nerd. Give people a break and stop judging their lives by what they do on the weekends.

6 years ago

You say that as if being a nerd is a bad thing. 
I quite like being a nerd. That's beside the point though.

You do realize that there are laws there for a reason, right? They're not just there to fuck you over or annoy you.
If they were adults, I wouldn't bother. They know what it does to them, they know the consequences for their actions, they know they're fucking their lives up with it. 

Out of my entire family, the only person who does drugs is the only one whose life is a complete shit infested hell hole. 

So yeah, I'll report it when kids get into it and there's easy to catch names involved. Cause honestly, they don't know just how much they're going to screw their life over with it, and they're much more likely to accidently take too much or get addicted, and they don't know exactly how royally addiction screws you over.

It's better that they get out of it now while they still can than later in life. And anyway, minor's records are sealed. Even if they get busted, it's not going to ruin their records and they'll have a clean slate as an adult. If they're absolutely determined to do drugs no matter how much everything is pointing for them to stop, then at least by the time they're an adult they'll have learned how to do it without getting busted again. It makes it quite a bit harder to find a job that you'll actually enjoy if you have something like that on your permanent record. 

I don't judge people for what they decide to do to themselves. There's always a reason for it, always something that lead up to it. What I'm trying to do is stop them from hurting themselves, at least until they know exactly what they're doing to themselves.

I mean sure, there's the Teen Health or whatever they call it at your school where they talk about drugs and say no-no it's bad, but no one pays attention in that, and even if they do it's never presented in a way that really hits home and makes them realize what it does. 

6 years ago
Vain's probably wandered off to get another abortion by now, I wouldn't waste so much time with this.

6 years ago

More of a general thing for everyone saying that reporting drug use is wrong. 

6 years ago

Well actually, the laws that exist are pretty clearly fucking terrible. They've had hugely negative effects on drug users and normal people. That's why countries like the Netherlands with their far more liberal laws have far fewer problems. The Nuremberg laws existed for a reason, you fucking idiot, and it was a bad one.

Oh great, one member in your family does drugs and is an idiot. Killer argument, you knowing a guy is a winner. The two black chicks I know are cunts, that doesn't mean I should become racist.

http://www.health.com/stress/ecstasy-ptsd

http://www.entnet.org/content/medical-use-cocaine

http://www.entnet.org/content/medical-use-cocaine

There's a few links on the uses of ketamine on pregnant chicks, cocaine on children, and ecstasy on PTSD sufferers. Meanwhile, it's still legal to send your kid off to get blown up in a foreign country for FREEDOM!, to smoke your lungs out until you're in a cancer ward, to drink until your liver fails and to eat your way to a heart attack. Hell, you can feed little kids so much they become obese, that's legal, but the law allows it. So something being legal or illegal is pretty fucking stupid. Ironically, one of the biggest problems, the harsh punishments, is the one you're causing, by ratting them out like a cunt.

Everyone does drugs, you twat. Out of my school, I'd say well over the majority did them as some point, be it weed or something harder. Almost all of them will have given it up after college, just with the last generation, and the one after that. This "I'm saving them from future trouble" is a load of shit.  You're not trying to stop them from hurting themselves, you're, at best, being an uniformed, toxic cunt, and at worst, a cruel fucker getting people in trouble for whateverr fucked up reason you have.

6 years ago

wow i agree with you for once.

Snitching is incredibly shitty, why cant people just be chill and cool and mind their own business.

6 years ago

I feel we probably agree on a few things. America being too right wing, Stalin being sexy as hell when he was young, Taco being a cunt. Lots of things, really.

6 years ago

First link you sent: "Don't try this experiment at home. Ecstasy use can cause depression, severe anxiety, and potential cognitive problems, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. And when purchased on the street it can be contaminated."

And this is talking about medical uses. There's also prescribed drugs for ADHD, instead of resorting to an illegal drug that can cause a lot more harm than good. I'm talking about drug abuse, which is a different. These kids are taking it just to get high, and I'm hearing them talking about it every day, doing it every day or every other day. They're taking it at the school itself as well, impacting their learning. I don't report just the casual use of it to unwind and chill out. Altogether, I've only reported 2 incidents out of the dozens I've heard of. 

https://recovergateway.org/substance-abuse-resources/drug-addiction-effects/
Highlight: "More deaths, illnesses and disabilities stem from substance abuse than from any other preventable health condition. Today, one in four deaths is attributable to illicit drug use."

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/cocaine-use-and-its-effects#1?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-are-the-effects-of-t/
Highlight: "Conclusions - MDMA is marketed by street drug dealers as a "safe," nonaddictive recreational drug that enhances a persons enjoyment and ability to interact with others. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even occasional light users of MDMA risk overdose and premature death. Moderate to heavy users risk addiction, as well as long-term impairments in psychological and cognitive functioning. "

Those drugs are illegal for a reason. I'm assuming you're saying that drinking until your liver fails is bad and shouldn't be allowed, correct me if I'm assuming wrong. There, you can see that the list of health problems from drug abuse includes that and a lot more, such as brain damage. Even if there's a few benefits to it, the negative impact far outweighs the positive. It's like saying it's okay to kill 3 people to save one, and that you did a good thing by saving that one. It doesn't work that way. 

6 years ago

Sure it can. Misuse of any drugs can cause negative side-effects. It's a lot like misuse of legal alcohol, or cheeseburgers, or you know, any use of smoking. What's wrong with taking it to get high? People drink to get drunk, eat because they enjoy it, smoke because theyw ant to? How the fuck do you know kid's have their educations suffer? Do you seriously think getting them in serious trouble isn't going to make it far worse? Nah,b est to just fuck them over it.

1/5 deaths for smoking, a vast number from obesity and related problems, as well as a fast number from drinking. What's your point?

Yeah, heavy use of drugs is bad. Same with heavy use of alcohol/cigarettes/Food. The article itself says MDMA is not an addictive substance, and the biggest issue of ODing is from other things added, which results from it getting cut by drug dealers and people being unable to test it, which in more progressive countries, they can.

I'm not saying drinking should be banned. I'm saying it's legal, as is smoking, as is overeating, as is going off to die in some stupid war. If we're going to let those things happen, let the kids do it. If you give a fuck, protest for more progressive drug laws that don't hurt people, or try join one of those student programs that educates people on drug usage, or something that fucking works. Protest McDonalds for killing people, or protest for banning alcohol or cigarettes. Don't rat out other students, helping absolutely no one and getting them in trouble in what could damage their lives. At the very fucking least, maybe just mind your own business.

6 years ago

I edited my message. 
"These kids are taking it just to get high, and I'm hearing them talking about it every day, doing it every day or every other day. They're taking it at the school itself as well, impacting their learning. I don't report just the casual use of it to unwind and chill out. Altogether, I've only reported 2 incidents out of the dozens I've heard of. "

"At the very fucking least, maybe just mind your own business." - So let's say I got it wrong, and one of those two who're constantly using drugs almost every day have a solid reason for it. 

Either 

~ I don't report it ~ 

-They keep using it almost every day, needing to take more and more in order to get the same high. 
-Their grades drop due to being unable to properly think in class. Which probably adds more stress and more need for the drugs.
-Whatever is causing the need for the drugs is never taken care of.

~ I do report it ~

-Maybe something changes. I don't know how your school handles it, but with my school there's mandatory counseling along with a number of other things to help you stop taking drugs, and they at least attempt to help solve the problem that causes it in the first place by offering alternate solutions or a planned course of action. 

6 years ago
Steve will be unavailable for comment for a little while.

For...reasons...

(You should probably report him.)

6 years ago

You don't report it, and they slowly give up drugs like everyone does as they grow up. Again, most people do drugs when they're kids. I have friends studying to be doctors, engineers, scientists, and they all do drugs. This whole "They'll get stressed, and need drugs to cope, and need more and more while the need is never addressed" seems like some bullshit from reefer badness. Lots of people do drugs, the same reason they drink or do other things they enjoy. Fucking Carl Sagan wrote a whole paper on the benefits of weed, and smoked it all the time, and he was fucking Carl Sagan. You're an uniformed cunt, who knows nothing but propaganda drivel about drugs, and you're fucking over normal kids with your superiority complex.

6 years ago

"I have friends studying to be doctors, engineers, scientists, and they all do drugs."

Makes sense that you and your friends are all druggies.

6 years ago

Yeah, young people tend to do drugs. If you had friends or anything you'd get to appreciate that fact.

6 years ago

Not all young people, just losers and lowlifes.

6 years ago

"studying to be doctors and engineers" 

sounds like you're mad you wasted your formative years smashing your dick against a cello 

6 years ago

If they're even real (they more than likely aren't), they'll end up at some third-rate institution mulling over how they wasted their youth on carnal pursuits.

6 years ago

carnal pursuits lmao. spoken like someone who has never been pursued, carnally or otherwise

6 years ago
lmao burnt

6 years ago

How could I possibly be "burnt" by baseless, untrue speculation?

6 years ago

You sound like a mixture between a snarky middle schooler and a drunken fire-and-brimstone pastor.

6 years ago
@Malkalack So how common is substance abuse among lawyers? I'll take Steve's word for it that it's ubiquitous among law students so is it just a case of luck of the draw and a defendant hoping they wind up with one of the more functional hypocrites?

Meanwhile I'd say the world really doesn't need more doctors with alcohol or cocaine habits but at this point it's just one of those things like driving overpriced cars for appearance even while being crushed by debt that goes hand and hand with an industry that stopped being about actually helping people ages ago so meh.

6 years ago

Goddamn, you are worthless. It's not your fucking job to try and fix something that isn't broken. It's actually not your job to meddle in somebody else's life. Get off your high horse, mind your own fucking business, and shut the fuck up.

Damn, now I wish I did know you. So I could cunt-kick you.

Right in the cunt.

6 years ago
I think some laws are just there to annoy you, especially laws surrounding bud.
You're talking about other kids as if you aren't a kid as well - your superiority complex bugs the shit out of me. Why do you think you're the only one who can see the 'consequences for their actions' when you're presumably the same age? If you can make decisions about their lives, they should be able to make decisions about their own lives and their choice to do drugs is just as valid as your choice not to do drugs. I also disagree that they're 'fucking up their lives' - you don't know their home situation or their lives in enough detail to scrutinise every choice they make and understand the repercussions it will have on each individual.
Your personal life is your personal life, but I see how your one family member who does drugs could impact your view on drugs as a whole. I just don't think you should let it cloud your opinion on everyone you hear talking about getting high.
Again, why do you think you know better than them? Depending on what they take and how they take it, drugs (mostly talking about bud here) can be therapeutic, calming and non addictive. After a week of studying at school, I'm going to relax on a friday night with some friends and some drugs and your shitty opinion and personal experience shouldn't mean that I have to be reported. I don't know about your school but here that would get me expelled, which would effect my education in a massively negative way.
Social, casual drug use doesn't mean addict for life.

6 years ago

Yea, you're a piece of shit. Doing drugs doesn't make you a bad person, and it definitely isn't up to your nosy bitch ass to snitch on them. Grow some nuts and stop being a judgemental prick.

I hate people like you. If I knew you in person I would cunt-kick you.

6 years ago

Lmao, you actually snitch on people for doing drugs...

You sound like a nerdy little snitch, sorry. Nobody likes snitches.

6 years ago

6 years ago

I'm glad to see there are steps being taken to combat bullying.  Back when I was in school, the attitude pretty much was that if you didn't like being bullied, then maybe you should work on your social skills and try to fit in better.

6 years ago

My high school was one of the top public high schools in the State. It’s 70+% Asian, which should tell you everything you need to know; the school brags about 100% of students going on to college.

The college I go to is full of hippies and is largely like the school you describe.

6 years ago

When I graduated HS there was a huge focus on the arts, specifically theatre. That and a bunch of drugs, which was nice. 

6 years ago

Sounds to me like a liberal's paradise and a conservative's nightmare...

6 years ago

Ahh, my school only had bathrooms for boys and girls. 

Well I guess it's good that you're preparing for college with preparatory classes. I think I recall there being a decent emphasis on those sorts of things in my own school. 

Good luck with the art thingy whenever you do participate.

6 years ago

Lmao your school actually sounds awful. No offense.

6 years ago

IKR

6 years ago

I was in an all boy's school, a properly Catholic gaff. It was Capuchin, so there was brown-hooded monks occasionally coming through, and one teaching religion and chess club. Didn't have any of that gender bullshit going on, but we were pretty chill on the matter. The one time bullying about homosexuality ever came up, it was when we found out this one guy in our class didn't support gay marriage, so we took the piss out of him constantly. It just wasn't ever really an issue. Pretty much the idealized way I want that kind of stuff dealt with. No one was bitching when we used "faggot" or "gay" as an insult, but we'd mock homophobia and were fine with gays and whatever.

We did have an anti-bullying movement, but it was fucking drivel. I got in trouble for bullying a few times early on, but by like the third year we'd got to a point where everyone knew everyone and people just wouldn't allow it. Exclusionary type shit still happened, but that's because some people are awful and I don't want to hang out with them.

I had nine classes a day. 9-3:45, three forty minute periods, fifteen minute break, three forty minute periods, half hour lunch, another three forty minute periods. We didn't have the lunch or last trio on Wednesdays, though, which was sweet. It wasn't a semester based system, but it was pretty sweet, because nothing got too boring before you moved on, and there was a few double classes that last two of the forty minute periods if you had something big you needed to tackle. 

Subjects were pretty simple, nothing major. English, Irish, Maths, French, Chemistry, History, Economics and Religion were mine, but I had to do religion outside of school, because despite being a Catholic school, at this point the connection between church and state is actually dying rapidly.

Not much else, really. There was a yearly talent show that was fun, we went to New York one of the years, which was spectacular. My teachers were mostly pretty cool and we got to go out drinking with them graduation and grads (prom?) night, and we still go drinking with them occasionally. I remember getting caught smoking in the alleys out back, and a teacher lectured me on doing it so openly, and advised me to do it more like the other smokers hiding there. There were some faggots teachers, but that was whatever, they pretty much all got better over time, because at 17/18, it's pretty hard for them to talk down, so we got treated with a bit of respect.

Great school, anyway, I loved most things about it. Plus, our school chant had "fucking" in it, which was sick, even if it was unofficial.

6 years ago

My school is pretty chill too. We don't have those anti-bullying posters because I think it's already common sense that bullying is heavily frowned in here. The student council is dead af. The school atmosphere is very peaceful because everyone knows what they should do and what they should not. I have 9 hours of class every monday and tuesday, and 6 hour classes from wednesday to friday and a 3 hour class every saturday. It's a pretty simple and quiet school. I just transferred here last october and I never saw any student do stupid stuff because they are too studying.

6 years ago

I've been out of school for a long time now (well, about 19 years) so I'm not really sure how to describe the schools in general.  Typical fare for 1980's-1990's in BC, Canada I would wager.  Public school, not private.

All I know is that I hated school and still struggle with that today.  But I have a feeling most of my hate was extremely subjective, so it's hard to tell how bad the schools actually were.  Well, elementary wasn't SO bad, but still, school definitely isn't my favorite thing.

I loved college though.

6 years ago

Oh, yeah, and school was very ethnically diverse.  Strangely enough, one of the few ethnicities I never encountered was First Nations (if that is what the proper term is now; I lose track, despite my good intentions).  In fact, from what I remember of my year books, there was usually only a few 'white' people per page, while the rest were from African, Asian, or Hispanic descent.  I was kind of ethnicity blind, so I couldn't always tell where people were from, but I know there were a lot of Chinese and (East) Indians.  Several people from the middle east (I never asked exactly where they were from).  A lot of people from island countries.  I think Filipinos were particularly common.

I didn't realize that this wasn't the way it always was until I moved at the age of 16.  The town I moved to was almost completely white, and everyone in all my classes were white.  It was a bit of a shock, actually.

6 years ago

Meanwhile in the Villain Lair...

Mizal
Just for a few minutes last night

And fuck you Steve I have PTSD now. Buses are all and no parent should ever allow their kids to ride one

Steve
I can't tell to what degree you're joking.

Definitely not entirely, but a little bit.

EndMaster
glad I never had to ride a bus

Mizal
These fuckers used to dig petrified cookie pieces out of the seats and try to trick the elementary kids into eating them

Steve
Schoolbuses are great fun.

That sounds hilarious, Mizal. That's basically the same level of shittiness we show to elementary kids who stumble onto the site.

Mizal
I was in AP classes all through middle and high school so I didn't know a single person on the route and never wanted to

Steve
See, a normal person would've befriended someone so they didn't have to sit alone constantly.

IAP
I only rode the bus a couple times. Neither went near my house, though. I was only took 'em because of new girls that I wanted to scam on.

Steve
Scam on? Interesting lingo.

Also, nice one, IAP.

IAP
Thanks, Steve.

Mizal
Three hours a day of this he'll, and a lot of times longer because some idiots would get in a fight which was basically the only thing to get the bus driver who was literally Harriet Tubman I think to actually notice anything and pull over to sort it out

Steve
You spent three hours a day on a bus? Christ.

EndMaster
this is wasted here. You guys should argue on the forums for everyone to laugh about this

Ebon
Buses are boring. They were only fun in elementary

Steve
Well, at that point, you really definitely should've made a friend.

Mizal
Trailer trash, fuck em

IAP
"The bus driver is your friend." I remember those signs being on all the buses. Lol

Steve
See, you're just playing into my argument here, that you were the edgy emo kid who sat alone because you considered yourself above them.

Mizal
There was like one guy and his little brother that were okay but that was like the last year and a half only

Steve
There was no way there wasn't a single good person on the bus. There's like ten guys NOT worth talking to in my year of 200

Ebon
I’m with Mizal on this one. Most people on the bus aren’t worth talking too

To*

IAP
Those must've been some really big buses, Steve. My graduating class was only 20.

Steve
There were several buses.

Ebon
Dead brain cells and wasted time all around

Steve
Ebon, you're as bad, but you're attractive enough that you're not lonely and sad.

IAP
The only kids worth talking to when I went to school didn't ride the bus home, either.

Mizal
Loud screechy cunts and gossip whores, rednecks and kickers, and then the edgy fuckers I already complained about

Steve
Should've been right at home with the last group.

If you huddled together, they couldn't spit in your hair.

Mizal
The murderer was actually pretty cool but he transferred to another bus midway through the ride

Ebon
Well, I moved here and all the girls were to intimidated to talk to me, and all of the guys already had friend groups. Thus I ended up being some attractive loner

Actually started writing right around there as well

Steve
Him jumping out of a bus halfway through the ride was what made him a murderer, I presume.

IAP
?

Ebon
The murderer? I think I missed something here

Steve
Mizal said "midway through the ride", not "midway through the year"

So I'm picturing the murderer changing bus halfway through the journey to school.

Through some cool athletics, ideally.

Ebon
In elementary my bus would stop halfway and swap some students for some reason.

I presume that is what she meant

Steve
What? How would it swap students?

Surely they're going to the same place.

Mizal
Yeah it was in some parking lot, some kids would change busses and we'd pick up the little ones

Steve
Why?

Ebon
Yeah what Mizal said

Mizal
And I mentioned the guy that killed his family in the thread

IAP
Yeah, there were kids in some of the schools I went to that lived in other districts, too.

Mizal
We had creative writing class together lok

Steve
Your bus went from school to creative writing class?

IAP
Are you drunk, Steve?

Mizal
Steve the reason there are multiple buses is to get kids home as efficiently as possible

EndMaster
Wait, the murderer is the the long lost sweetheart I mentioned she had!

Steve
A little high, none of you told me not to try the mdma.

Ebon
That would make sense End

Steve

Yeah, I get that, Mizal. I don't get why if the bus is either coming or going from the same location, you swap halfway through.

You're either all going to the same place and swapping would be useless, or leaving from the same place so you could've got on the right bus from the start.

Ebon
The obvious solution is there Steve. Just think

Steve
What, they went to/came from different schools?

Wouldn't make sense, or Mizal and the killer would've stayed together.

IAP
Sometimes, the buses don't go to the same place, Steve. Grammar and middle school students might not be allowed to go to HS.

Mizal
Because every bus didn't go to every school, it was quicker to switch them over to another bus going to where they actually live

Same reason they'd put the little kids on ours that were going the same direction

Steve
I thought you said the killer was in your school.

Mizal
Ours didn't stop at any elementary schools

Ugh. Yes Steve. He went to my school but didn't live near me

Ebon
Yes. The solution is that the bus picked up students of all ages. Elementary through high. Once they were all gathered on one bus, they would meet with another bus. From there the kids would separate into middle school or high school

That’s how mine worked at least

Steve
This was a boring and stupid answer.

Mizal
They put him and the others on a bus that went to where he lived. That being the purpose of riding the bus.

Steve
My school didn't have to share its buses with other schools.

Ebon
That’d because you went to some all boys Catholic scho

School

Mizal
Buses are owned by the district, not individual schools

IAP
Was it just a one-room schoolhouse, Steve?

^

EndMaster
apparently it didn't have indoor plumbing from what he said

IAP
Lol

Steve
It has several hundred students. It did have indoor plumbing, that's a legal requirement. It was pretty big.

Mizal
What happened to you all pissing in that overflowing trough

IAP
Were all the grades in the same building?

Steve
The trough was connected to pipes.

Mizal
I guess they just aren't required to fix them in any kind of hurry

Steve
They were just constantly clogged by students.

Same complex, not technically the same building.

6 years ago

Is there a public IRC?

6 years ago

There are a bunch of Discord groups run by various CYSers

6 years ago

Oh, okay. Well, if there are any that I'm welcome in, feel free to PM me with an invite link. (anyone)

6 years ago

You might want to distinguish yourself, in a positive way, before asking for invites. That might help.

6 years ago

While everyone acts on the old motto that “Snitches get stitches.” I guess I’ll mention my old high school.

I went to a college prep high school that you had to take a test to get into, however you didn’t need to pay 20K a year like a sucker to stay, you just had to keep your grades up.

Mostly consisted of boo-gee black folks (Mostly female since there were way more girls than guys in the school). Well as boo-gee as you get while living in Detroit anyway.

Got along with most of them. Some of them were really stuck up assholes, but I wasn’t alone in not liking those types.

A small percentage consisted of the ghetto black folks that were more intelligent than the rest of the really hopeless trash that infests the east side of the city.

Got along with most of the girls from this group. Didn’t get along with most of guys since a lot of them seemed to have this big fucking chip on their shoulder and trying to “keep it real” all the goddamn time. Like they were trying to prove they were still down with “da hood” or some stupid shit just because they were going to a relatively good school.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of them didn’t make it to senior year because of this self-defeating mentality.

And finally an even smaller percentage were white and quite frankly I couldn’t stand most of them because the chicks were all these ugly leftist types and the guys were mostly a bunch of boring faggots afraid of offending anyone. A couple stood out from that crowd. One of them was an ex-Satanist turned Jesus freak and the other one was a retarded wigger.

No seriously, he was fucking retarded or at least had some sort of learning disability because he had no business being in that school. However his mom was on the school board or some shit so hey he gets to take the ACT and SAT tests in the comfort of his own home. Well no shit those tests are easy when you’ve got all the time in the world and resources on hand.

There was one cool blonde chick though.

As far as any LGBT folks, well it was the early 90s and still an inner city school (even if it was a good one) so that shit wasn’t quite a big issue yet. If anyone was part of that group, they presumably were keeping it a secret. Though there were some suspected, but with no real evidence.

Faggot and gay were thrown about freely. While there might have been a couple of the white liberal types (Who were probably closest lesbians) that would rarely say something about it, it just wasn’t important enough for anyone to care. Especially when the place was primarily a black school so focusing on things that uplifted black people and such was more of the order of the day.

As for trannies, about the only time that issue came up is when I wrote a story for people where the evil side consisted of an army of lesbian transexuals. Meaning I was a fucking pioneer in bringing awareness.

In any case, while there was certainly a lot of trash talk (A whole LOT of trash talk), there weren’t really any physical fights. Everyone there was supposed to be “rising above the violence” and generally trying to improve their station in life by taking advantage of a better quality education, so that’s probably why.

Every now and then some of the more ghetto folks might threaten to escalate it, but that still never really happened.

So no real bullying was going on or at least nothing worth worrying about.

Drugs/alcohol. While I’m sure more people than I saw were partaking in such things, generally speaking most were smart enough to do it after school.

There was one infamous incident that occurred where some students weren’t smart enough (Mostly from that ghetto group I mentioned) to do that and ooh boy was that a hilarious event. Also involved snitching! (Things didn’t go so well for him either)

Let’s see, as for the classes themselves.

The school was mostly focused on teaching you ALL the vital info.

So you had to take 4 years of english, 4 years of math, 4 years of science, 4 years of history/civics, 3 years of (ugh) foreign language. After all the required classes, you had two slots open for an elective and there wasn’t too much in way of choice for those.

I ended up taking JROTC for 4 years to fill up one of those slots and for the other slot took Computer/Typing for one year, (but even THAT was a required class) Anatomy/Microbiology was the elective for the other year. And was a teacher’s aid for the other two years.

Being a teacher’s aid basically fulfilled the 120 “work hour” requirement you also needed to graduate. It was either that or go get a real job and have your boss sign a slip saying you’d worked there 120 hours.

You had 7 classes which rotated every day, but you’d only actually attend 6 any given day so for example:

Monday

Class A, B, C, Lunch, D, E, F

Tuesday

Class B, C, D, Lunch E, F, G

Wednesday

Class C, D, E, Lunch F, G, A

And so on.

Anyway, I liked it there well enough. Had some laughs with people I didn’t mind and more importantly had a lot of laughs at the expense of people I didn’t like. (And some I didn't mind)

Better than going to any other school Detroit had to offer.

6 years ago
Detroit has schools???

e: oh well I guess this was quite a few years ago

6 years ago

I don't think schools like those exist in Detroit anymore.

Or any inner city, for that matter.

6 years ago
Taco btw have you ever reported a tranny for carrying drugs? Or would that get you considered a bully and barred from the Gender Alliance club?

6 years ago

I was home schooled until high school, and I was normally done before one o'clock. It did a bunch for me since I couldn't (and still can't all too well) sit still and constantly lost attention. I also got into a bunch of fights back then and was a pretty violent kid (such as punching kids in Sunday school). Becoming a Christian was helpful in that regard. :)

In high school, I was in Florida Virtual (since I lived in Ft. Lauderdale at that time). That's when I became interested in writing. I had basically no interaction with fellow students still.

I dropped out of high school and started attending college classes (with no high school diploma or anything until the end of the first year). It's a community college, so it's full of drunks, druggies, people who don't give a crap, and/or some really nice people. It was cheap at least. $100 per credit hour. There was a very active LGTBQ+ club there, and everybody was pretty liberal except for a few alt-right people and a few normal non-liberals.

Now, I'm at a university's satellite campus. It's much more expensive, but it's fun and less druggy.

6 years ago

"such as punching kids in Sunday school"

Lol.

6 years ago
Huh, so I might start considering Wibbons to be a guy based on this. You know, since it was punching and not slapping or pulling hair.

6 years ago

Arizona is quite the experience of mixing.

We have the rich white people in the hills.

We have the mixed economy black people from californa.

and We have the poor Mexicans from the south.

Sprinkle in some Asians and each highschool here is diversified as fuck.

It's funny when you hear about the great accomplishments some students do like making robotic arms for their crippled teachers while at the same time a race war fight is happening a week later

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/south-phoenix/23-students-suspended-after-fights-at-cesar-chavez-high-school

6 years ago

Huh, I live in Arizona as well and the schools I've gone too haven't been very diverse. Think the entire time I've gone to schools in Arizona I can count the number of blacks and Asians I've met on two hands (not all of them mixed together of course). Mexicans though? I've met far too many to count.

6 years ago
Native Americans have assumed a more adaptable form and slowly but surely take back what's theirs.

6 years ago

My school is in a suburb of a middle - upper class city. So most of us were white and Asian with the occasional black person as well. As far as I could tell the biggest bullying got was some name calling and the occasional Senior/Freshmen comments but because we were a fairly new school there wasn't a whole lot of it. I think I got in a total of 1 fight in high school when I was a freshman and I kicked the senior's ass so hard there weren't any more.

The classes were in what is known as a block schedule. Basically we had 8 classes in a school year that were broken up in groups of 4 before winter break and 4 after winter break. Each period was about an 1 hour and 30 minutes. So we had midterms and finials at two separate times in the year.

The principle was a dick, which was appropriate given his name was Dr.Dickson. He was a smug bastard everyone hated. Umm other than that, We had a "School riot" (as it was reported on the nightly news) one time which was basically they took away a rally we were suppose to have so all the students decided to fuck school and sat in the middle of quad not going to class and then leaving. 

6 years ago

Why did they change it from "Gay Straight Alliance" to "Gender Sexuality Alliance"? What's the makeup of the club discussion and activities?

6 years ago
Probably because other sexualities were feeling victimized and oppressed by the old name.

6 years ago

I suppose that makes sense. We've got a GSA at my school, too. I attend sometimes to be enlightened, although sometimes I leave so confused (and often humored) that I wonder why I went in the first place. I've got friends in the club (two of which are the founders), and I'm fine with gayness or whatnot, it's just confusing sometimes, all the sexualities. 

6 years ago

I sexually identify as a claymore.

6 years ago

The sword, the mine, or something else?

6 years ago

Didn't have to change the acronym either.

6 years ago

Oh, were there any cases of orgy sex in those gender neutral bathrooms.

Had a late star on wensdays too for my middle school. Though that generally means its a shitty school that has to save on funding.

6 years ago
My school is an all girls catholic school, with horrible uniforms and lots of rich bitches. We have 5 classes a day on the normal timetable, but seniors (yr 11 and 12) can have classes before and after school too. We also get free periods during the timetable, I think I have like 10 over two weeks. Those periods are for studying, but most girls just use them to sleep on the couches or gossip on the beanbags.
To be honest, it’s a pretty nice school and the teachers are all super supportive and nice. I’m in my last year now, but i’m not going to miss it.
Also we don’t have clubs, those sound really lame. Not even gay clubs.

6 years ago

Oh boy, catholic school -- and an all girls one, at that. How is it? Do you enjoy it?

6 years ago
It isn't a bad school, I'm not religious so it gets a bit annoying missing classes for masses and stuff. There's not many co-ed schools around Sydney, so it's pretty much the norm to be with just one gender. Its annoying though, and having friends from other schools really helps to get away from constant girl drama.

6 years ago

That sounds like a nightmare to me.

I don't know much about religious schools, so I'm curious how you ended up going to a Catholic school if you're not religious.

6 years ago
Well, my parents chose for me. But here, government or public schools are all non religious, while private schools are ALL religious. So if you want a 'better' education, you don't have a choice. All my siblings go to Catholic schools too. Most people at the school aren't actually religious though, just forced to do religious stuff because of the school's agenda.

6 years ago
The school's agenda of offering a superior service no one else has?

Too bad it never occurred to anyone else but the religious to give good educations I guess.

6 years ago

Hmmm.  I would have to actually look up somewhere to see if Canada has private schools that aren't religious.  It just never occurred to me.  My folks never had the money to send any of us to private school, so it never made an impact on my life.

6 years ago

I don't think you missed much. We've basically had students whom apparently had 20k tuition educations make their simultaneous CYS debuts, and only a single pair survived the tumultuous storms. 

6 years ago

Point taken.

6 years ago
It must work for some people, that's about how much my school costs (AUD) and we've had some REALLY smart girls run through here and get almost perfect ATARS (end of school test scores).

6 years ago

Well, at least it isn't a bad school. I've had plenty of experience with girl drama, so I (kind of) know how you feel. I know it isn't exactly the same, but I've got a class every other day (block schedule) that's all girls, save for myself. Granted, there're only 12-13 students... It can still be very annoying, as it is most of the time. I can feel the individual lines of tension stringing along between each girl in a huge web that completely entangles me in the middle of glares and eye-rolls. 

6 years ago
That sucks, I'd have thought they'd get along since it's only a few. Must be weird being the only guy though.
Our smallest class is 3, but personally my smallest is 5 and we get along really well because... we have to. Sharing notes and stuff is the only way for us to pass to be honest. Girl power I guess!

6 years ago
Classes of three and five is just bizarre. Is this normal for private schools? I guess they charge so much so they can stay open in the first place, but then again why not just try charging less and seeing if that gets them actual students...

6 years ago
I think our schools are just smaller in general than American ones? There's around 800 girls in the school, 150 in each grade. Class size is usually around 25, especially for juniors, but once you get to senior and start choosing your classes we sometimes end up with really small ones.

6 years ago
Must be. I'm not in a huge town but the newest high schools here have like 1800 kids apiece. Separating boys and girls is pretty rare though, in my town anyway I don't even think the private schools do that.

And at least back when I was in school if enough other kids didn't choose an elective you wanted you were just SOL because the school would drop that class entirely for the semester and just assign everybody to one of their other picks.

6 years ago

My high school was even smaller. Had about 750 students total and my graduating class was 147.

Though like I said, there wasn't much in the way of class choice, so all the classes were typically normal sized.

6 years ago
My primary school was only around 200, so high school seemed massive to me.