Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Another class project

6 years ago

Unique Names: JM123, Piercyta, anne0829, carolineyurkiewicz, binesel, deathblossem65, starbomblink, Deferiaweberwi, omaralexander, jackzeal, Fogelma, Ryanconnor, wolterpi, toleticha, batescam, NicoleWitter, acaballero1616, mooreke, koyfmanma, theisenkor, hayssl, panepintosa, kearonky, ameliaraden, desaitu, hshear, LilyPotter07, MayahSingh_1017, kellieb, , Marlaina8, hanlonka, grierfrancis, Sierra17817, sheridanandmary, gweng, DontAsk22, graceloveswriting, riant, adamslu, davanzoth

If any "normal" member starts noticing a bunch of shit stories popping up, blame this class. (I see Thara's already taken steps to mocking them)

Anyway, probably going to be a game of wackamole for awhile. With any luck, it'll be like last time and we'll get one story out of 30 that's a solid "4."

Another class project

6 years ago
Prepare the napalm.

Another class project

6 years ago
A class of 32. That's a pile.

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh lord.. 

Another class project

6 years ago
If only stories were in sneak peek by default so that even stupid people could use them for class projects without actually having to publish and...oh wait. They are.

I can't even get too annoyed at the kids in situations like this. The fault lies squarely at the feet of the idiot teachers who want to unleash them on us (and us on them) without doing the five minutes of research required to figure out the basic functionality or purpose of the site.

I would think for ass-covering purposes if nothing else you wouldn't allow your class of little darlings to be exposed to the harsh reality of how much they suck because you failed to teach them the basics of their native language, but I'm not a teacher so what do I know.

Don't even be in a rush to take them down, free points all around and it's healthy for the kids to not have people pussyfooting around what idiots they are for once. Being showered with comforting lies instead of given the motivation to succeed in life is how they got so stupid in the first place.

Another class project

6 years ago
No bitterness here. Nope. None at all.

Another class project

6 years ago

Jesus, Mizal. Calm down. If anything, you should be hired as the site's bodyguard. If I were some loser who couldn't write, and I came on here and talked to you, I'd sell my computer on Ebay. Actually..no, this is good. Let's get mizal as the 'bodyguard' to scare off 10 year olds.

Another class project

6 years ago
Actually End already deleted all their stories so I'm mostly just annoyed I didn't get to harvest the free points or even get harassing PMs like Thara.

Well, the first wave of six or however many it was, they locked out the New Games category so I couldn't see how far they went.

Another class project

6 years ago

I missed all of the now missing ones too. :(
Click the orange square icon to the right of Newly Created Storygames. It'll work even when the normal link glitches.

Another class project

6 years ago
Whoa.

How have I never noticed that.

Another class project

6 years ago

idk, I've seen that said on the forums several times before. Most of it is in the Bugs section though. I find it very helpful to say the least.

Another class project

6 years ago

I just unpublished them so far and it was more than six and they were locking out fantasy and modern as well. Deletions will eventually happen most likely though.

Wonderboy just won the prize of deletion and banning so far, but there may be more winners in the future. Stay tuned!

Another class project

6 years ago

It sounds like someone should make a site just for this purpose.  I mean, from the sounds of things, every so often the site gets a bunch of students.  Since, as you said, it's hardly fair to either party, having them here isn't ideal.

Unless it's a lesson in making someone tough against harsh criticism; in that we seem to be uniquely qualified.  I use the term 'we' rather loosely, of coursre.

Another class project

6 years ago

I dunno, that Wonder kid messaged me personally calling me a hoe. I laughed a bit at that then I wondered which brilliant teacher cooked up this scheme this time. 

Another class project

6 years ago
NicoleWitter appears to be the teacher, if we need somewhere to forward complaints.

Another class project

6 years ago
@NicoleWitter

If you're looking for a website to host a class activity, this isn't the place. While you can write a cyoa in a few hours that meets site standards, that's probably asking a little much for a class that's both unfamiliar with the minimum standards of the site and probably the medium in general.

Honestly, you should've done some research into the site before just sending your students off into the wilds. I don't know that it's the best idea to make an assignment where the students have to post something in public view on the web anyway. All it would take is one of our more degenerate members to leave a less that morally high fiber comment on one of your student's stories and a parent see it for you to have a thrilling time with an overly sensitive - OH MY GOD THEY SAID THE PUSSY WORD ON BILLY'S STORY.

Another class project

6 years ago
Or just, leave them in sneak peek. They're in sneak peek by default. You can view them and so can their classmates and trust me when I say absolutely no one else would want to. Why would you make them publish something that thirty seconds of clicking around the site would have showed you didn't belong.

Also, the million dollar question for all teachers: why are you so bad at your job that your kids are coming out so dumb? (Although I'd ask the same of the parents if they ever could be contacted here....)

Another class project

6 years ago
@UtenaTenjou

Another class project

6 years ago

You would have to blame all teachers leading up to the 'offending' teacher.  The students didn't suddenly get that 'dumb' the moment they hit the Xth grade.  Just sayin'.

Another class project

6 years ago
Fits with the "mizal hates everyone" theme.

Another class project

6 years ago
Pretty much.

Another class project

6 years ago

More hate to spread around, eh?

Another class project

6 years ago
I see once again I'm getting bitched at from various directions for being one of the few people willing to actually try and help idiot noobs be less idiotic, but then again that seems to happen a lot and hey, more points for me, none for the lazy.

Another class project

6 years ago

I can sense your willingness to help, but the thing is they're idiots. All they will think about once they read your posts here is you're a bitch. They'll just ignore all your attempts to help because again, they're too dumb to understand. And from future teacher's point of view this is just an example of bad classroom management. The first thing that a teacher should check when he/she/it's trying to make his/her/it's student's projects available for public viewing is the place where they are gonna be putting up those projects, and this place... is just a bit too child-unfriendly (i mean with the language, violence and sexual stuff you will see on the stories and sometimes, on the forums too this site should be rated like R18 lol). And they're already on the 8th grade, if they're still bad with their grammar then that means their foundations are bad which means the teachers from grades 1-3 are to be blamed, though I'm not excluding this teacher as well. If I'll ever make a project similar to what this teacher did I will never send my students to this website lol its like you're just asking to be savagely ripped apart by the site's members. Well not all of us, but still.

Another class project

6 years ago
A teacher getting their kids to write stories this way is theoretically pretty cool, but the thing that always baffles me is that they don't take ten minutes to click around the site first, or simply post and ask questions. CYS can easily be used for class projects. The only functionality stories in sneak peek lack is the the part where they're put out on the main page to annoy people and get snarked at.

The reviews they did get were very fair, no one was getting 'savagely ripped apart' by people pointing out a lack of choices or broken dead end links or bad usage of punctuation and grammar. But just like the cat children, it turns out a lot of kids aren't emotionally equipped to handle being told they need to put in effort and so we had a couple of them acting out and ruining it for the rest of the bunch.

Although getting completely shredded WAS a possibility just like in any place with open comments, so I'm always surprised when teachers think it's a good idea to just turn their kids loose in the backyard of strangers with no forewarning. Most online games or online anything will cover their asses by pointing out that ratings can't and do not apply to interactions with other people on the internet. As paranoid about pissing off parents as schools can be I'd think there would be a lot more natural caution about that sort of thing.

Another class project

6 years ago

My comment was more directed at Bucky's assessment of you than how you were actually handling the situation.  Just to clarify.

Another class project

6 years ago
My comment was directed at several people, including those who just follow the forums and then go off and sulk because they're too cowardly to post, and too lazy to do anything to improve the site themselves.

Another class project

6 years ago
@mizal I don't think anyone is complaining about you trying to help anyone (though I could be wrong). I think it's neat that you are leaving constructive comments (or did, before everything went bananas). I was one of the few that did that consistently with the WC invasion because I really thought we could help them.

I'm just amazed that at the same time you complain so much about them even being here at the same time.

I just don't get the big deal. They're here, they're queer, and they're...oh wait, wrong thing. From the teacher's point of view, this is neat. This site can be a great tool. But I think if you have lots of expectations from them, they'd have to be a lot more clear. Many people visit this site and never even get to the forums. Many who do don't get to the level of learning the culture of the site -- that takes a ton of time. When many people first visit the site they see stories and how to create stories. The sneak peek feature is nice, but that takes more than a few clicks around to learn about and understand.

So while yes, the stories can be garbage, there's a process to get rid of them. I think in this case if this hadn't become a full-blown "thing" in the forums, they would have showed up, published a couple dozen crap stories, reviewed them from one another, then they'd have all left. Within a week or two all the stories would have ended up unpublished because they didn't meet site standards. Then, everybody wins. But, I guess, then we wouldn't have the drama and the fighting which are simply what the Internet is today.

So just to be clear: I'm not complaining about you helping, I'm just not seeing that this was such a big deal, that's all.

Another class project

6 years ago
Well you're not making a whole lot of sense here because if they're not seeing the forums, why does it matter to you that people on the forums are having fun making fun of them?

A couple of dozen crap stories suddenly flooding the site all at once isn't just going to just go completely unnoticed by everyone. If End hadn't made this thread, someone else would have, because they and a lot of other people would be wondering wtf was going on.

Everything was proceeding as normal either way, the only reason things escalated this morning was because some of the kids started spamming.

But your insistence that an adult who presumably has degrees and things in order to have their job in the first place can't figure out the functionality of the box that says 'When this box is checked, this storygame will be visible from your profile page, and users may be able to view the contents of the story before it's published' and is checked by default and has to be deliberately disabled, or anything else about the editor not related to the forums at all...or that an adult can't be expected to take a few minutes to click around or notice that anyone else exists in a community or even ask questions of an admin when they're bringing in more than 30 kids they are ostensibly responsible for...or that even 14 year olds aren't capable of clicking around on the main page of a site and seeing that there are stories that look different than their stories that have comments attached, some nice, some critical, many containing four letter words...well that's all just going to just have to be one of those 'agree to disagree' things apparently.

My attitude is still one of bafflement more that anything. You can't give a kid of that age an aspirin or show them a PG-13 movie without parental consent, but turning them loose and unmonitored among anonymous strangers on the internet is done without a second thought? It doesn't matter if it's in the context of a writing site at that point; it shouldn't happen anywhere. Purely as a matter of ass covering it seems like some research would be done, and yet we get these classes every year and it never ever happens.

I mean if anyone takes the time to click even a single story on the site, it's probably going to be Eternal, sitting there ranked #1 on the front page and clearly labeled as Rated R.

Another class project

6 years ago

Nah, fuck that, the site standards are shockingly low, I trust they can put something out to meet those standards. If there's any Steve Lite's amongst this group, we'll find them, and if not, trial by fire works.

Plus, the only story left standing was pretty good, for what the others are.

Another class project

6 years ago
Never underestimate a fool's capacity for disappointment.

Another class project

6 years ago

Ah, all of you are just varying degrees of idiots, really, so nothing new there. 

Another class project

6 years ago
@NicoleWitter So is ScholasticWonder trying to sound like the stereotypical ignorant 'gangsta' kid pretending to be tough in the messages he sends, or is he in fact, ACTUALLY a stereotypical ignorant 'gangsta' kid under the impression that he's tough? Only you can solve the mystery! (now that he's been banned lol)

e: Wait I'm not seeing that one on the list. Was he just a happy coincidence then?

Another class project

6 years ago

It's possible there were more of them that weren't logged in at the moment I checked, but his IP isn't matching he rest of the class.

In any case, nothing of value was lost.

Another class project

6 years ago

Nooo! I missed this group of free points. I check the site constantly, but it's always the few hours I'm not checking. Dang it.

Another class project

6 years ago

How often does this happen? i feel like an idiot for asking, but this is the first 'class rush' I've been a part of.

E: To be clear, how often do class projects happen?

Another class project

6 years ago

At least once a year it seems.

Another class project

6 years ago

Okay, good. I got worried for a second.

Another class project

6 years ago

Actually, this would probably be a better place for a class to submit their CYOA projects.

https://infinite-story.com/

The editor is easier to use, collaboration is unlimited, it’s quiet and nobody there is going to care what gets submitted. Probably could use some new stories there anyway. (Shit, the last story created there was September of last year)

Another class project

6 years ago
Finally a use for that place.

Although I'm looking at the descriptions with Brad's Discord bot thingy and they don't look as terrible as I expected. We've definitely had worse class rushes.

Ten stories at once is a bit much though and kind of a dick move to people like Chris who just put a new story up. There's still no reason they couldn't have just been left unpublished in sneak peek, but teachers never seem able to figure out the concept of copy and pasting a URL.

Another class project

6 years ago

Apparently Sev just updated the layout of Infinite Story again. Lol.

Truly "What is dead may never die."

EDIT: He's even written this on the front page : "Teachers, tell us how we can make this better for use in your classes."

See, this is the perfect place to send all these class projects now.

Another class project

6 years ago
Recently active members: Endmaster. That is all.

E: oh zooming in confirms the various grayed out nobodies are still 'people' of a sort.

Still no forum though and I don't think anyone is rating or commenting, so what was the point?

Another class project

6 years ago
Can I get an avatar yet?

Another class project

6 years ago

Hey guys, I am the teacher here I take full blame and responsibility for this intrusion into your website. Feel free to throw the rotten tomatoes here. I DO blame myself for not more thoroughly vetting the hosting domain for my students' work. EndMaster, If you would simply let the stories remain until the end of the day today (I will read and grade all of them by then), THEN delete them, I would be eternally grateful. They will all be posted by then as well, so you won't have to play wack-a-mole from here out. Everyone else, enjoy a few more free points! Thank you for telling me about this other website that I can use in the future. I will not darken your shores ever again.

P.s. As much as your fairly harsh (though I will not argue with it's legitimacy in some cases) criticism is, for the most part, it HAS been a lesson in accepting rough critiques. I just want to share that EVERY single positive comment has meant the world to my kids. It's a ray of cliched hope in what is a black-as-your-hearts sky. So those of you who have found it in your hearts not to totally crush these kids' egos, I appreciate it.

Another class project

6 years ago

I never knew 8th graders could apparently be so horrible in things such as grammar and punctuation.  

Ummm, I would recommend teaching them a bit more before sending them out into the proverbial wilderness with essentially nothing but an imaginary fishing net in one hand, and a stick in the other. :) 

Another class project

6 years ago

Well this is a little too late now seeing as I deleted everything and just banned you. The only story that I left up was the Cries one. (They should get an A)

In the future, you'll probably want to go to Infinite Story to do this. It's more suited to this sort of thing.

Honestly while this sort of thing was annoying, there was a general attitude of "riding it out." Wasn't until several of the students started spamming and harassing other members of the site that this escalated.

Another class project

6 years ago
They also have no standards.

Another class project

6 years ago

You actually deleted them instead of unpublishing? Oh.

Utena, you could have the students write a paper/self-reflection detailing how things went. idk.

Another class project

6 years ago

I can imagine most are going to start with "Some asshole called EndMaster deleted my story."

Another class project

6 years ago
Every hero is someone else's villain. There's probably several very deep and valuable story and life lessons in here somewhere. Like the old adage, thou shall not trash thy neighbor's' house. And blood must have blood... Oh wait, no. That last one is from The 100.

Another class project

6 years ago
Oh, I missed these posts. Yeah, a bit late, whoops.

Usual procedure is just to unpublish stories with low ratings after a couple of days, but once some of them they started going after other members (Still no idea why Bucky got targeted...) they did the rest of you in and you got actual bans/deletions instead.

As had been said a couple times, this whole tragedy could have been avoided by just leaving the stories in sneak peek. They're in sneak peek by default when they're created, anyone with the URL could have read, commented, graded, whatever without worrying about the rest of the site. This is what always gets recommended for school projects, but people so rarely listen...

Another class project

6 years ago

A few of these students seem to be online right now..

Another class project

6 years ago
They've been gradually republishing their games.

Another class project

6 years ago
Hammers heal all wounds.

Another class project

6 years ago
I've never been to medical school so I'll just have to take your word for this.

Another class project

6 years ago

Giving some of them about a day or so to get their shit together since at least one of the new stories is in that 3 range.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/coming-home~3f

The rest are either under that or still "?"

Another class project

6 years ago
Filthy ingrates. My helpful comment got murdered by their gushing.

EDIT: Sounds like UtenaTenjou is the teacher. Not Nicole. Here's mizal's and Will's chance to question teachers on why they can't teach 8th grade kids how to use proper grammar.

Another class project

6 years ago
LOL, yeah looks like all the actually useful comments got buried. Oh well, all their ratings are useless without the points and accounts to back it up.

Honestly I was assuming Nicole was the teacher based on 'This was really good. I really liked the figurative language you used to describe the headlights of the van. I didn't get very far, but I liked the storyline. The only edit I would make is that the assignment said that we needed to have one character, besides the main one, that we give a full description of their personality, looks, etc. ' on a story she was co-authored too.

So if she didn't get very far, did she write it or not?

Another class project

6 years ago
May have been reviewed by a friend or family member on her account.

Another class project

6 years ago

This game was created by two 8th grade girls in their composition class and it is their first attempt at a ChooseYourOwnAdventure Story. Please give helpful feedback and comments to show these girls that their efforts are appreciated, as well as how to improve their game and writing. Great game, girls!

-- UtenaTenjou on 2/8/2018 11:23:45 AM with a score of 0

Another class project

6 years ago
Google says that is the name of some fucking anime character.

But yes that comment is on all the stories now lol. Someone must have warned her about Malk.

Another class project

6 years ago
He likes to defend the honor of minimum standards, eh.

Another class project

6 years ago

I think I've seen that exact comment on another storygame. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Either just a lazy copy/paste white knight, or this class consists of nothing but females. All girls' school perhaps.

Another class project

6 years ago

Lazy copy/paste but it gives me the warm and fuzzies to see them all unifying and showing solidarity like this. One of their comments even referenced Bucky. 

Another class project

6 years ago
I hope they appreciated my wisdom.

Another class project

6 years ago
Lazy copy/paste, and it must have been done while they were all still unpublished since that account has no XP record of rating them. Unless she didn't leave ratings at all?

Otherwise, being able to comment without getting points would imply she DID know about sneak peek but opted for the full publishing experience for them (and for us) for all 20 of them.

Another class project

6 years ago
How old is 8th grade in whatever country these people are from? I was in year 8 when I put out my two stories, and I'm by no stretch a prodigy. How come these kids are having such a hard fucking time writing something decent?

Another class project

6 years ago
They're like fourteen or fifteen.

It's sad, I know.

Another class project

6 years ago
I mean maybe they're being forced to do this for school, if someone isn't interested in writing they're probably not really going to put much effort into it.

Another class project

6 years ago
Punctuation is like a given though. It's a thing you use when you write. Even when you write things you don't want to write. Unless you're retarded, I mean.

Another class project

6 years ago
Maybe it's a 'special' class.

Another class project

6 years ago

Yeah, I think so too. UtenaTenjou has one unpublished "storygame" called "Puzzler", and the description reads "Basic "Game" example for composition students."

Another class project

6 years ago
Ten easy points currently available. Well, twelve if you count the cheetah quiz and ChaosBearer's thing.

But jeez, I already need a break.

Another class project

6 years ago

Pfft, none of them have even beaten this one yet.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/miracle-and-the-christmas-kitten

Another class project

6 years ago

Hurray, free points!

Anyway, I'm very entertained by your comments. You seem to be getting more and more frustrated as you review these. :)

Another class project

6 years ago
The Cries of Caracas is surprisingly decent, highly recommended if the others are making you lose your will to live.

Another class project

6 years ago
I'm so tired. I want to die.

Thank God they're at least working in teams. No one would survive 32 of these.

Another class project

6 years ago
I just don't get the angst. If you don't like them, just ignore them. They'll all disappear in a week or so.

Another class project

6 years ago
Everyone secretly loves these invasions, Ogre.

1) Easy points
2) Common "enemy" to unite against
3) Cheap talking point
4) Something to bitch about

It's like a CYS holiday.

5) The Coming Home author looks to have promise. Maybe we'll get a new contributor.

Another class project

6 years ago
Cries of Caracas is a lot better tbh, only one I've seen so far that's decent by normal site standards.

Another class project

6 years ago
Thanks for your opinion! It's worth exactly as many reviews as you've written today.

Another class project

6 years ago

Yes, Ogre's opinion that you should just ignore the children is wrong, because he's ignored the children! Check mate, Ogre, your lack of hypocrisy is bullshit!

Another class project

6 years ago

@UtenaTenjou what have we done to deserve this

Another class project

6 years ago
All right, that's nineteen stories. Every time I finish reviewing one, another has been popping up, but for now at least that seems like all of them. Now if you'll excuse me I...I need a break.

Another class project

6 years ago
Whoops. Missed one.

And with that, I have now reached a 3000 point total. Woo.

Another class project

6 years ago

Congrats on 3000 x'D

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh. So that's what happened.

I could publish my shitty fanfiction while this is going on and probably get a solid 4 for having good grammar! :D

Another class project

6 years ago
I can't even remember what good grammar looks like, but I would probably cry literal tears of joy and disbelief if I were to see it again.

Another class project

6 years ago

I just read all the stories in a few minutes.

What are these. I think I saw like...2 stories that were decent and everything else just...

Please don't tell me I was ever like this. 

Another class project

6 years ago

If anyone is bothering to keep track, let me know which stories have broken/dead links since those will get eventually deleted regardless of what rating they hold.

Another class project

6 years ago
The Trail and Division-esqe were the main offenders. Or at least the ones I can recall. They're all blurring together at this point.

Another class project

6 years ago

The avatar now matches you completely.

Another class project

6 years ago
It's freaking me out though. But I'll give it time.

Another class project

6 years ago
I'm not sure it's bitter enough.

Another class project

6 years ago

Needs more fire. And attitude.

Another class project

6 years ago
I think it's got it on the attitude... ;)

Another class project

6 years ago

I was just telling her in the Villain Lair, the pic looks similar to the one in this thread

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/10357

Her dark elf has a more purplish hue and is a bit "softer" though.

Another class project

6 years ago
I went back to Google to see where mine came from only to realize it had the taint of DeviantArt upon it and was likely just an edit of the one you'd posted meant to be more in line with the artist's fantasies.

Ew.

Anyway I'm not completely sold on this one, so more changes may be coming soon. Who knows, I might even abandon being an elf altogether.

Another class project

6 years ago

I can totally draw stick figures. I got this.

Another class project

6 years ago
That's great and all but I can take my current avatar and flip it horizontally, OR vertically. I can do this with any picture that exists! My artistic talent is basically limitless but thanks for the offer.

Another class project

6 years ago

I've never wanted to explain the difference between your and you're to someone more badly than right now. 

Another class project

6 years ago

So many free points, such little time.

Another class project

6 years ago

This is not a test. This is your friendly admin announcing the commencement of the CYS Purge sanctioned by said friendly admin.

Deletion of stories of rank 2.5 or lower, or have broken/dead links have been targeted for elimination during the Purge. All other stories are safe. Nobody has been granted immunity from the Purge and all will be affected.

Commencing at sometime later today, any and all excuses for shitty stories will be ignored, begging and pleading will be ignored, rational arguments and logic will be ignored. Continue to bother the friendly admin and YOU will be ignored AND purged as well. The Purge will continue until the site has been sufficiently cleansed based on the whims of friendly admin.

Blessed by the New Admin Regime, making CYS great again. If you acknowledge any gods, start praying now.

Another class project

6 years ago

LoL this is like something i'd hear from a radio when I'm on the Ground Zero world setting.

Another class project

6 years ago
@UtenaTenjou

Another class project

6 years ago

Ug, there's even more. Well, let's reap what the middle schoolers have sown and receive our points.

I never was paying much attention to the WC invasion when I was ghosting on this site, but I suppose something like this story's ratings must've been common.

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh dear, they also appear to be rating and commenting on these. It's a Wacky Classroom invasion! :)

EDIT: There's so many WC (Wacky Classroom) storygames that they pushed off all of our stuff from the newly published section.

Another class project

6 years ago

Another class project

6 years ago

Utena is just so rude, ignoring all of these taggings from prominent CYS members, copy and pasting virtually the same comment on multiple stories. Now I know where the students get their behavior from that they seem to display in DM's. But I can't say that this wild ride isn't wholly enjoyable. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Already deleted several stories below the 2.5 mark or with dead/broken links. I imagine there will be more to come since some are just hanging on at that 2.6 mark.

Then there are the new ones with question marks, so it's a wait and see with those still.

Another class project

6 years ago

Those are being rated WC style unfortunately.

Another class project

6 years ago

At this point I think this is just the work of Ryder and some rogue Cog members who learned of the threads made about them. Usually this thing is just a day and that's it, and then the teacher eventually gets the point or something and then gets pissy at Sent about things. Some of these stories on the other hand are just so broken and appalling to play... It has to be deliberate, right? 

Now they're launching assaults on Bucky and he has earned their ire. His stories are being physically attacked and rammed with the headbutts of those that are apparently vengeful middle schoolers. 

Another class project

6 years ago
That's hilarious.

Another class project

6 years ago
Shit how have I been missing this. What is even happening lol? And why Bucky I wonder? He wrote like one review and it was super helpful general advice.

Just ban them all at this point, fuck it. The teacher too.

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh Purge extension is coming.

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh, is this class from West Virginia? For some reason, I feel like we're dealing with an army of hillbillies.

Another class project

6 years ago
@UtenaTenjou has been pretty blatantly copy and pasting comments anyhow and you've been giving them a pass. But I guess if they bring a bunch of kids here and then are unable to control them... deliberately posting bad/ broken storygames is one thing but if they're being idiots on other areas of the site now it's a good time for reaping.

Another class project

6 years ago
Poor Thara got harassed in a PM. We'll have to provide her with emotional support now. The injustice ^_^

Another class project

6 years ago

I've been put through worse abuse, no worries. I'm feeding off all of the negative energy and harnessing it be channeled into my budding witchcraft. 

Another class project

6 years ago

What type of harnesser are you using? It's time I got a new one, any suggestions?

Another class project

6 years ago
I think I did a two or three one sentence reviews that were basically like...

This story has broken links and is subject to removal for failure to meet minimum site standards.

Another class project

6 years ago
Yeah it's definitely your fault they ignored the rules.

Another class project

6 years ago

Well Bucky's It's Raining Again is currently getting a lot of attention. This one was one of the less spammy comments.

I personally did not like this and I would not recommend this to anything. I feel attacked tbh.

-- koyfmanma on 2/9/2018 10:52:31 AM with a score of 0

EDIT: Banned for spamming Bucky's story with comments.

Another class project

6 years ago
"Attacked" how exactly?

@koyfmanma you're a faggot. :)

Another class project

6 years ago

Due to fucktard resistance, the Purge has been extended to:

Shitty stories below the 3.0 threshold.
The authors of said shitty stories and spammy butthurt comments

That is all.

Another class project

6 years ago
This is just the highlight of your Friday morning, isn't it?

Another class project

6 years ago
Really you can just mass delete them all except maybe that Cries of Caracas one.

But I'll go in when I get home and change all my 2/8s to 1/8s if it helps. As often happens, I chose the path of mercy and now have been made to regret it.

Another class project

6 years ago

I did. Only Cries remains. (Probably literally in some cases)

Another class project

6 years ago
"Nothing of value was lost." ~ Some dude dressed in black

Another class project

6 years ago
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Hah, I guess I will go back and give that one a real review.

I assume you only unpublished, right? So you still have further punishments at your disposal if they continue to misbehave. (Because I doubt any if these dumbshit kids backed up their work...)

Another class project

6 years ago

No, I deleted ALL of their shit. Unpublishing went out the window as soon as they started attacking the place.

Seriously, I was in no mood for spam and harassment on the members here today.

Another class project

6 years ago
Lol, RIP

Kind of heartwarming that in the end this school project was doubly educational. Act like an obnoxious little jackass while a guest at someone else's place, get your shit pushed in and shown the door.

Or maybe simply, 'Don't hang out with spamming fucktards like koyfmanma'.

Either way, this is the kind of useful real life lesson a person who names themselves after anime characters like @UtenaTenjou can never impart from within a classroom.

Edit - PSA: The teacher posted, scroll up a ways

Another class project

6 years ago

Which one is the teacher? 

Another class project

6 years ago

UtenaTenjou is the teacher.

Another class project

6 years ago

Mine is at a 2.61..... I thought I was safe from the 2.5 purge. frown

Could my story just be unpublished? I may come back to it at a later date. If not that's fine I will just work on a different story.

Another class project

6 years ago

Honestly it got to the point where I was just focused on the "Dumb Ass Class of 2018."

Anyway, probably would be a good idea if you just went ahead and unpublished it though since it's heading that way anyway.

Another class project

6 years ago
If you're doing an edited/rewritten version make sure to create a new game file and just copy over the text from the old one. They get marked with the publishing dates so if you put a revised version up later it won't show up on the New Storygames list. And also it will still have the low ratings attached from the original.

Another class project

6 years ago

Ah, thanks, will do!

Another class project

6 years ago
I love reading all the hilarious ways they're sucking each other off, someone needs to start preserving these for the Interesting Comments thread.

I LOVE IT IT WAS AMAZING THE NOUNS AND VERBS FIT PERFECTLY. I ALSO LOVED THE DIALOGUE THAT WAS IN THE STORY.
-- kareem on 2/9/2018 10:22:48 AM with a score of 0

Another class project

6 years ago
"The nouns and verbs fit perfectly."

That made me smile.

Another class project

6 years ago
Recommending Ashen Snake's work or any of JJJ's early stuff for good stories by 13-14 year olds if anyone needs a palate cleanser after this whole sordid mess.

Another class project

6 years ago
@Bucky, what the hell did you do to these kids? LOL

Another class project

6 years ago

They're spamming his It's Raining story with the US Constitution in subhuman driveby guest mode. Lol.

Another class project

6 years ago
'It was really good. I think Bucky would reply something good on this.'
-- koyfmanma on 2/8/2018 11:27:34 AM with a score of 0

That's the original spamtard on Cries of Caracas. Somehow Bucky REALLY made an impression. Let's see the offensive comment that so angered the horde again, on the game Coming Home:

The writing was passable, and it was much better than the bulk of other stories that got purged from the site the past few days. However, there were a number of prose and technical issues.

The first sentence is very weak. And you fall into passive voice a few times. Your opening line needs to be strong and evoke a reaction in the reader to garner interest. Use strong nouns, strong verbs, and write in the active voice.

The story was rather linear, and it wasn't a particularly well fleshed out CYOA. As another reader has already noted, it doesn't make any sense why there was any difference between closing the door and calling the police and going upstairs (and then calling the police anyway) would really make much of a difference. In truth, it looks like you were just trying to force another choice into the story that didn't really belong, especially considering the disparity in page length on top of the aforementioned.

It's generally frowned upon when you force the reader to restart when you get to what amounts to an END GAME page. Yes, every writer wants his readers to read deep into the story, but if your writing is strong enough, the reader will read through multiple endings anyway. Forcing your reader takes away the purpose of a CYOA - the choice aspect.

I'm going to touch on describing characters, as apparently that was supposed to be a component of your assignment. Far too often, we've noticed that young readers aren't being taught by their teachers to use the SHOW don't TELL method when writing fiction. A laundry list of physical character traits is a fantastic way to bore your reader.

Telling: Billy was angry.

Showing: Billy kicked over the kitchen table and hurled his coffee mug at Sally's head.

Here we have a mental image of Billy's actions. The reader can infer his emotion.

Telling: Sarah loved ponies.

Showing: Upon seeing the Shetland frolicking in her backyard, Sarah wrapped her father in a tight hug and kissed him on both cheeks before rushing to embrace her new pony.

Again, here we plant a visual image in the reader's mind. The sentence has substance and shows us what is happening.

If the story is written well, the reader will learn all about the characters from their actions. If you have to tell the reader about a character's personality or emotions, then your writing isn't strong enough.

However, the writing suggests the author has the foundation of necessary skills to take his or her writing to the next level.
-- Bucky on 2/8/2018 8:59:25 AM with a score of 0

Light the torches and grab the pitchforks, kids! Your fragile feefees!

Another class project

6 years ago
We really need that feature that shows on a profile when an account is banned.

I'm now watching and pondering if End can ban/delete them faster than they can create & post...

Another class project

6 years ago

I mean considering we've had people making over 100 alts in one night, this isn't anything new really.

Another class project

6 years ago
True. It was just fun watching the accounts pop up in the "Who Is Online" section, then seeing the post appear, then watching it quickly vanish right in front of my eyes.

Guess that's my entertainment for today. Back to my Cheetos.

Another class project

6 years ago
Alex can put an IP ban on the whole school if things ever get bad enough to rouse him from his slumber.

Or End can just post the name of the school itself and phone calls can happen and such. That should've been the first move back during RainbowRetard's attacks tbh.

Another class project

6 years ago
And hahahaha, one of the particularly 'special' children just posted in the thread. Deleted now, but I like the part where they lacked the basic reading comprehension abilities to figure out that it was their spamming and harassment that got the class projects purged, not the shittiness of the stories themselves which we had been all set to patiently endure. Even after that's been directly spelled out, multiple times.

Another class project

6 years ago

Mizal, we only started spamming after you banned our accounts and deleted our stories for no reason. Also maybe you could have a talk with me to help me and my class understand instead of immediately deleting and banning.

Another class project

6 years ago
You guys started spamming Bucky's stories well before your own were deleted. Again, take it up with koyfmanma and whoever the other shitheads were if you have a problem.

Another class project

6 years ago

Why didn’t you just ban the specific people instead of banning almost our entire class :/

Another class project

6 years ago

You were annoying and were spamming and trolling as a group. You may have been using school computers as well which means that your IP (which is like an online fingerprint) would have been the same for the whole class. One bad apple, in this case, does cause the entire barrel to rot.

That's just one of... idk, forty-two reasons.

Another class project

6 years ago
It's not like I'm the one that banned you anyway but all the retarded behavior afterwards pretty much retroactively justifies it IMO. There was absolutely no reason to target Bucky, then or now. And as WIBN pointed out, you're all using the same IP.

The stories were just going to be unpublished and left alone as per the usual with low ratings and broken links, you guys and your teacher could have still accessed them, but seems like your friends just decided to piss the wrong person off at the wrong time, for basically no reason. There's probably a valuable lesson in here somewhere.

Another class project

6 years ago
Also, wisdom for the future: If you care about anything you write, make a backup! Every writer learns that sooner or later, just as well it's now and not with a bigger project. Most of these were like 2000 words.

Another class project

6 years ago

Thank you. I will say that a lot (not all) but a lot of kids aren’t aware of the consequences of their actions. Feel free to ban any excessive spammers. Please just try to keep the non-idiot kids in mind. Thank you.     -An Able Minded Child

Another class project

6 years ago

I don't know why people started clubbing babies or whatever the fuck went on, but this seems too stupid for even me to get in on.

Another class project

6 years ago
Ah, it's over now, anyway, Steve.

Want some Cheetos?

Another class project

6 years ago

I'm good, thanks. Never been a fan of cheese-flavored crisps.

Another class project

6 years ago

Hahaha. your right. we should’ve used a free, public website that everyone on the internet is allowed to use... oh wait. 

sorry anyway though, we all completely understand that you don’t have the choice to just NOT read our stories...oh wait. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Actually, we were going to let all of your stories stay (until their ratings would've/could've went below site standards and would've been unpublished as we always do). Yours were taken down simply because some of your people started spamming and trolling.

It's not as if you all could've not trolled, spammed, published storygames below site standards, and verbally attacked some of our members... oh wait.

Another class project

6 years ago

Small child, for god's sake, stop trying to fight the site scum, it won't work out well for you. Instead, maybe just ignore them, write something better than they can do, which isn't hard, and help me win the argument that this new generation is better than the old people.

Another class project

6 years ago

The new generation is shit.

Another class project

6 years ago

The old generations were also shit.

Another class project

6 years ago

Humans are shit, so....yeah.

Another class project

6 years ago

Pffh, that faggotry is for emos, edgelords and suicide chaos. Humans are the best. I came from them, obviously, but we're fucking hairless monkeys who figured out how to leave the Earth, walk around and another fucking body, and come back, with brains composed to bash animals to death and eat them. We've written some of the greatest literary works and poetry with language devised to tell other ape-creatures where the food is. We've managed to take over a fucking planet with such success that we've spread to every fucking bit of it, raping our natural predators to the point where many of them are extinct or only live on in our cages, barely surviving only because we decide they should.

Another class project

6 years ago

But we also created things like fidget spinners. look me in the eyes and tell me we benefited from that. Also, pollution and stuff, killing the ecosystem, blah blah blah.

Another class project

6 years ago

We created a device to help kids with ADHD. Yeah, we did benefit from them. I think the best argument you're making that humans are shitty is that you exist, given that you look at a product like fidget spinners that were made to help people with ADHD and amuse people, and you have the balls to to deem that as non-beneficial.

Oh, and in regards to the environment, it was going to be destroyed by the sun anyway eventually. I think it's worth it that a sentient species got to live here and create the art, wonder and joy that it did, before the universe snuffs itself out anyway.

Another class project

6 years ago

Well someone has a chip on their shoulder. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Do I? I don't think my species is shitty, you're a twat who does, and insults a toy meant to help people with ADHD.

Another class project

6 years ago

ok

Another class project

6 years ago

Good response. Alright, I'll give you this much. Some humans are shitty, and I assume it's types like you that are the rotten apples that cause things like people eating tide pods.

Another class project

6 years ago

If that's what you wanna take away. Sure. Any more insults for me before you go?

Another class project

6 years ago

What, "you are what's wrong with man" isn't good enough? OK.

You're sub-standard scum. I don't like you. I doubt anyone here likes you. You're the kind of depressed, self-hating fuck who grows up in a 1st world country with food, clean water, a warm bed, and still whines and bitches about how hard life is and how awful humans are. Your unhappiness and lack of satisfaction with your pathetic life is entirely your own fault, and I personally find it despicable that you've squandered the gifts you've received, and think you should kill yourself rather than deprive the world of resources that we could use for someone who gives a fuck.

Another class project

6 years ago

You don't like me? Out of that entire paragraph, plus all the stuff before, THAT sentence is the most insulting thing I've ever heard. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Seems like everyone's gone quiet now. I'll go back to writing.

Another class project

6 years ago

Was... was that your attempt at a comeback? That my opinion matters to you that much, whilst you've come to terms with the fact you're objectively fucking awful?

Another class project

6 years ago

Oh please. ADHD?!? Really is that the best you can come up with? it’s evident that this site was made for low class, nobody’s with no life. Hit us again with some “stupid school project”. sorry but did you go to a school that was 20,000 dollars a year? No i don’t think so, because if you did you would have a life and not spend all day on a computer doing nothing except interacting with other low class nobodies. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Uh... yeah, that's why they were designed. They're still usually advertised as such. There's debate as to whether they're effective, but that's it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jacki-andre/fidget-spinners-autism-and-adhd_a_23005405/

Anyhow, I didn't go to a school that cost 20,000 dollars a year, I went to public school. I think it's fucking despicable that you find that as a point of pride, you fucking posh cunt. The fact that you're proud of that is obvious that you have nothing else going on. Fuck you, you rich cunt.

Anyhow, I do have a life, I have a job selling Asian food, I'm studying law at university, I sail a lot and I teach it, I also spend a lot of time with my mates. Writing's also a big hobby, I'm a big fan of that. Oh, and I'm trying to get better at playing pool. So if you were wondering, that's what I so.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't do anything to your school project, I left one nice comment and had no other interaction with you until now, when I've learnt you're scum.

Another class project

6 years ago
In this case I don't think your school fees have translated to a better education, considering you're 14-15 and have no grasp of basic grammar.

Another class project

6 years ago
Money would be better spent on red.

Another class project

6 years ago
Or an abortion.

Another class project

6 years ago

it’s not about just needing to ignore them. It’s about the fact that most of them are 30 year old men living in their moms basement complaining about a ton of FOURTEEN YEAR OLDS stories. It was a school project. this site doesn’t only belong to you, how were we supposed to know that we were going to get lash back. It’s was a school project that we all worked on for weeks  Could you seriously not be patient for what, LIKE 1 MORE DAY?! It’s incredibly rude and disrespectful. If you don’t want to share this FREE, PUBLIC site then create your own. but this is a site for everyone. some people have lives outside of this website.

Another class project

6 years ago

Well actually, the main scumfucks are a married adult with a job and his own home, some old bitch with a job and her own home, some married fuckwit in college with his own home and various other people like that.

In regards to you working hard, did you? Like, seriously? Becuase if you're fourteen, and worked on those for weeks, those are shockingly bad.

Anyhow, the "lives outside of this website" point is a silly one. So does everyone else here. We all have jobs, or education, and hobbies, and friends, and a lot going on. We just have this as a hobby, the same way you have whatever shitty use of your time you have.

Another class project

6 years ago
I actually had nothing to do with any of this. Although, I found the entire thing hilarious. I didn’t see the U.S. Constitution, but it’s a good teaching point that the first amendment isn’t part of the Constitution... that’s why it’s called an Amendment to the Constitution. And protection of freedom of speech doesn’t let you spout whatever nonsense you want on an a website paid for by someone else and administered by said person’s delegates. This is why CoG is fully entitled to ban people who disagree with the social think tank.

Another class project

6 years ago

Parks are free and public, but you'll still be arrested for disturbing the peace if you do it annoyingly enouph.

Another class project

6 years ago

But you don’t get arrested for being annoying, you get arrested for breaking the law. And you don’t arrest everyone in the park you arrest the ones breaking the law. If you don’t like it go build your own PRIVATE park. But you don’t control this PUBLIC “park”

Another class project

6 years ago

Being annoying is breaking the law in that case, so yeah, you get arrested for being annoying.

Another class project

6 years ago

We do. It's been explicitly, and helpfully stated by the administration in the Help and Info section that publishing is a privilege here, not a right. We reserve the right to delete what's been written and mock it accordingly if it reads like cock. Freedom of speech, after all. We just don't have to put up with accounts that openly harrass people we like, or stories that are shit.

Another class project

6 years ago

I have to agree on this point.

Another class project

6 years ago

Joke’s on you, I deleted them without even reading them. Lolz!

Another class project

6 years ago

And on the year or so anniversary after the "School mode" thing was accepted as a feature, nobody's so much as submitted an article to the teachers in warning! Somebody ought to actually do something about the vermintide or we're just gonna be doomed to repeat  these purges over and over again!

Another class project

6 years ago

I sure hope so, this one has been the best one yet!

Another class project

6 years ago

You were the ones who ruined an entire project for a group of 8th graders. I thought children were supposed to be taught how to share their toys. Maybe it’s different across the pond though. Maybe some countries just don’t care about anyone but them selves. 

Another class project

6 years ago

Nah, we just care about reading stories as well as writing them. Considering there are rewards and reasons to read most or all of the stories on the site, we consider it reasonable to try and make the experience of reading more as crap-free as possible.

Another class project

6 years ago

Across the pond? Where the fuck are you from? Because if it's America, most of the site is, and if it's across the pond either direction, we've members from there.

Another class project

6 years ago
Grow some tits and stop whining. If you had written well, not been little selfish cunts and paid attention to the rules no one would have 'ruined your entire project' (which was incredibly low quality. I would have failed you all if I was your teacher).
Also most people here aren't children, the general age is like 20+.

Another class project

6 years ago

"Across the pond?" 

I do believe most of the members here are US based (I'm not, personally) and seeing as how one of your classmates (might have been yourself, I wasn't paying too much attention to whomever it was that decided not going to a 20K-a-year middle/secondary school made one"scum") stated their tuition was in dollars, I'm pretty sure that puts you all on the same side of the "pond".

On a side note: I thought referring to the Atlantic as "The pond" was a British thing?

Another class project

6 years ago

There’s a certain point where you need to stand back and realize that all you’re doing is butchering kids on a public forum and for what? Writing stories that we put a lot of thought into? While they might seem like trash to you guys the “best writers on planet Earth”, we put effort into these.  And sure you might argue that these had no effort put into them and maybe you’re right. But how could they, when they know their grades are on the line?(Also were learning to write and maybe you should leave the criticism to the one with the teaching degree) One of the administrators brought a good point. Mizal stated that we were trolling Bucky, but for that, I say if he accused us of having a dramatic reaction, why can’t he be the bigger one and take the trolling?(Like you said you are married adults so I would HOPE you could take it instead of lashing out like a child) I’m not in writing class at the moment but I can’t stand by and watch as all my colleagues crash in burning flames. Next time this happens I recommend you don't delete the work but just unpublish it so at least we can get a grade for the work we have done.

Another class project

6 years ago

Well if they put no effort into them, they yeah, they definitely could've, ESPECIALLY if their grade counts. I mean, I'm just annoyed I had to be brought into this, because all I said was one nice thing in a comment, before whichever one of you fuckwits insulted me for not paying 20k a year for a shitty school.

Anyhow, fuck being the bigger man. This is a tragedy for you guys as apparently you wasted a bunch of time for nothing, but I'm sure Bucky and the others are super amused by all this, so doing this in the future only hurts you guys for trolling him.

Another class project

6 years ago

"crash in burning flames" - the expression is actually "crash and burn in flames".

However seeing as you're part of a generation where "Your point is mute" and "take it for granite" seem to be acceptable butcherings of established expressions, I'll not judge you too harshly.

Another class project

6 years ago
The laughs keep coming. Grand day. I thought the entire thing was hilarious and had nothing to do with the stories being removed. Granted, I would have unpublished most of them for failure to meet minimum site standards myself if I had the authority. Pushing out quick, low quality stories is a grave injustice to other authors who put in multiple months of work and have a limited window to get attention for their story before it gets pushed off the main page.

Another class project

6 years ago

You can keep trying to block mr from commenting but that doesn’t stop me. Is that your biggest defense?? Can you really not take fault and say what you did was wrong??

Another class project

6 years ago

You insulted me for not being a privileged fuck and working for what I've done, because I didn't get to go to private school, when I didn't do anything to your shitty posh jerk-off classmates. Maybe that lack of work ethic is why I write good stuff, and you guys mostly wrote dog shit. No offense to the kids in your class who aren't entitled fuckwits like yourself, of course.

Another class project

6 years ago

THANK YOU!! These little kids are sooooo annoying 

Another class project

6 years ago

Don't know who you are, but you're welcome.

Another class project

6 years ago
Probably his alt.

Another class project

6 years ago

Maybe. Who knows, really?

Another class project

6 years ago

Certainly a brand new account.

Another class project

6 years ago

Don't know who you are either, mate.

Another class project

6 years ago

Bit of a lurker, been offline a month, had been on for a couple months before that. Came for the storygames, stayed for the forums.

Another class project

6 years ago

Just like a lot of us.

Another class project

6 years ago

Noted.

Another class project

6 years ago
At this point, you're just making you and your classmates look worse. I feel sorry for the normal kids who have to deal with you in actual real life.

Another class project

6 years ago

No kidding.

Another class project

6 years ago
Shut up, alt.

Another class project

6 years ago

Knock yourself out kid. You'll just be one of many fucktards that keeps making over a 100 alts and all of them continuing to be retarded.

Obviously you're not a learning animal and that 20,000 dollar education is going to real good use. Lol.

Another class project

6 years ago

Everything we did was just fine. If you'd taken a bit to actually study the site you were entering, maybe you would have a better idea of our policies. It might be public property, but you can't go have a picnic on the borders of a country and then get upset at border control splitting you up. There were rules in place you didn't read, that doesn't put them in the wrong.

Another class project

6 years ago
Commended by EndMaster on 2/9/2018 9:03:27 PM

@Mcarmany @riant @turnerrian 

On this site, it doesn't matter if you're a kid or an adult. Everyone should have a basic understanding of the English language enough to make a game that won't get unpublished. I've known several people on this site where English is their second or even third language and still make a pretty awesome game. Sure, there's mistakes, and there's grammar errors and spelling errors. 
But there's a line between acceptable errors where the story is still good, and complete shit. Excuse the language. 
Here is a list of minimum site standards, quite easy to find by yourself if you had bothered to look. 

What I'd like to highlight there as meeting the criteria for unpublishing: 

• The storygame has all of the following characteristics:
    • Grammar and style poor enough that it cannot be ignored
    • A plot which is poor or nonexistent
    • Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links)
    • A lack of important decisions
    • Unbelievable or overly cliched dialogue (if dialogue is present in the story)
  • The storygame has "dead" pages- pages with no links or way to proceed.

If your games did not meet the minimum site standards, then you should not have published them. Instead don't publish them, and instead link to it on sneak preview, like this. You'll note that you can fully play it as if it was published, but it actually isn't published right now. That's for bug testing and asking for opinions and such. This is something you should have done instead of publishing, especially since your grade rested on it. 

Aside from that, your teacher was tagged multiple times and was given warnings throughout the entire process about what was going to happen. We gave her a chance to respond and ask for us to wait. She did not request for us to wait until after they were already gone. Once something is deleted, it's deleted. She should have requested sooner, or better yet, graded them without having them published as I mentioned above. 

I don't blame you, as the students of her class, for those mistakes. She's already offered to take the blame for not looking through the site more thoroughly before making it a class project.

Now look, I originally discovered this site due to a 7th grade class project a few years ago (I'm still in school now). There are ways to properly do it, and we're fine and open to class projects using this site when they do it the proper way. We do have standards, but most are easy to fulfill if you take time and put effort into it and have basic knowledge of how to write. I actually failed most of my English classes, and the class that I joined this site with as a language arts help class for those that're behind, yet I still manage to have a story up that's a high 4/8 while only putting in about 2 weeks of actual writing. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. Honestly, it only has 15 payable pages, I just had to put in another 5 blank inaccessible pages to meet the minimum publish standards. ^^' Shhhh. 

So if someone like me - who fails my classes, still in school, and barely meets minimum publishing requirements - can get a story that's a high 4/8 rating, then you could've easily done better. And if you couldn't, well, I think your school is shit.

Edit: Wups, seems I'm a bit late, sorry. Started typing this up while everyone was actively discussing it, paused to go grab food. 

Another class project

6 years ago

You are right. We did break the rules. We didn’t know them. In my peers and my defense, we weren’t posting these for everyone else, we posted them because it was for a grade(which is probably against the rules anyway). We were all very defensive because we lost all of our hard work. And because as children, we are not used to getting such harsh feedback from people who are older than us. You are right nonetheless. If you know of anyway to get our stories back, it would be amazing. Thank you 

Another class project

6 years ago

If you're that determined, it might be here somewhere. 
I'm not sure though.
It would probably take less time going through and just retype them instead of look through that for them, assuming they're even there in the first place.

Another class project

6 years ago
Unfortunately, that Db has filled up about three years ago, so all deleted stories from then on are literally gone for good.

Another class project

6 years ago
~2000 words on average, badly punctuated and spelled. "Hard work"

2000 words is like two hours of writing, plus we'll be generous and say it takes another hour to staple it all together in the editor assuming you're copy and pasting from MSWord or whatever. (Although in the case you would have a backup...)

I'm not saying it doesn't suck to lose a story, I'm sure most of you were making a good faith attempt regardless of quality, but you are all being just a little dramatic. I'm pretty sure in the amount of time you've all spent being upset about this today you each could've written a new, better story that was twice as long.

Another class project

6 years ago
We get lots of kids here. Everyone, regardless of age, gets the same treatment. Neutral to encouraging tone, starting with a positive, gong through the negatives, and ending with a positive being a typical archetype critique format. Learning to accept valid criticism is a part of growing up. I’ve hosted over a half dozen contests in the past year, with many repeat contestants, including teenagers. The progress over that time period of the vast majority of those writers has been quite apparent. You don’t get better by crying about a critique. You get better by evaluating your feedback objectively and working to fix the weak areas of your writing. Writing is a skill or craft that can always be improved but never perfected.

Another class project

6 years ago
Okay good post, I'm impressed. This should probably be commended for superior diplomacy efforts.

Another class project

6 years ago
Haven't quite caught up with this thread but I hear people have been bragging their parents spend $20000 a year so they can go to school and NOT learn that the beginnings of sentences are supposed to be capitalized?

Another class project

6 years ago

That is correct.

Assuming I'm converting currencies correctly, that's about how much I earn in my 48-72 hour a week job, after tax.

I think their parents need to seriously reconsider where they're sending their kids.

EDIT: I mean annually. God I wish I earned that a week.

Another class project

6 years ago
Well you certainly would have a life and not be spending all day on a computer doing nothing except interacting with other low class nobodies in that case, huh?

Another class project

6 years ago

I'll let you know when I'm not at work, this week is one of those 60 hour night shift weeks.

Another class project

6 years ago
Lol, working for a living. If only your parents had more money, you could have gone to an exclusive private school and spent all day on a computer whining at low class...wait. I may have discovered a weakness in this argument.

Another class project

6 years ago

You say "working" - I've spent most of my shifts this week either: reading, here on CYS, browsing various airsoft and tech news parts of the internet I can access via the work computer, or having short naps. (such is the joy of corporate security night shifts)

All in all, of the 60 hours im "at work" this week, i expect to have been "working" for around 6 of them.

Another class project

6 years ago
$20,000 per year isn't really that much, when you consider that it costs a lot of money to find people willing to work with special needs kids.

I mean, what if they bite you or something and autism is contagious?!?

Another class project

6 years ago
That's a completely different take on it than what jumped to my mind. I was wondering if the parents were forced to pay it in order to get someone to play with their child or if the state gratefully flipped the bill?

Whatever happened to just tying a steak around a kid's neck so that at least a dog would be their friend?

Another class project

6 years ago

Goddamn, BZ's coming in hot from fucking no where.

Another class project

6 years ago

"There’s a certain point where you need to stand back and realize that all you’re doing is butchering kids on a public forum"

This is literally everyday for this place. Lol.

Another class project

6 years ago

I like how they said that as if it's something that shouldn't be done.

After all, it wasn't as if the butchering was without merit.

Another class project

6 years ago
The fact that they were spamming Bucky (again, no idea why Bucky) with the US Constitution leads me to suspect they believe they have 'rights ' and that sites on the internet are run by democracy. Instead of, you know, the property of the person paying to keep them up and running.

Who they actually assigned legal ownership of their stories over to when they posted them as per the user agreement. Reading the fine print is another gap in the 'ol $20k education I guess.

(Interesting too that the assumption is that the US Constitution specifically would apply to the internet when site owners and admins can be from anywhere...)

Another class project

6 years ago
"Gather round by the fire children and let Auntie Mizal tell you about the Great Warrior Cats Massacre of '14. ...or was it '15? I'm so fucking old I've completely forgotten. But well you see it all started when... "

Another class project

6 years ago

Hey, any chance we can keep this thread and not delete anything else in it? I want it preserved in case I have to show to my teacher what not to do and why. He's very incessant on publishing everything even if it's crap, with the mindset of 'perhaps something gold with fall through'. He's been eyeing the site lately, and I'm afraid he might make a class project out of it too.

Another class project

6 years ago
The really fun threads never get deleted.

But you can archive it with the wayback machine just in case.

Another class project

6 years ago

I haven't bothered deleting anything save for the first couple times the class was complaining. I've been leaving them up now.

Someone still might want to archive this though.

EDIT: Archived

https://web.archive.org/web/20180210020709/http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/23852

Another class project

6 years ago
I debated writing an article with instructions for class projects, but then figured it would probably never actually get read...

Then I thought about writing a storygame where the goal is to see how many of your students' stories you can get published...

Another class project

6 years ago
I considered the same thing after the last class rush when I got tired of explaining how sneak peek worked in every review, then I didn't for the same reason you cited. People who pay enough attention to read articles are not the problem here.

Another class project

6 years ago
The latter idea is fantastic.

Another class project

6 years ago

We... We do have articles about this kind of thing too now... Just saying... *Sniff*

Another class project

6 years ago

Yeah, Sentinel wrote an article in response to this whole shitstorm.

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4296

Another class project

6 years ago
Yeah, that sucker is well-hidden.

Another class project

6 years ago

Can you recommend articles for commendation?

Cause that one deserves it.

Another class project

6 years ago

Nah, articles just give an automatic 10 points to the author when accepted.

I was telling Sent, he got really lucky with submitting an article in the first place since the article submission thing around here is flaky and half of the time it doesn't work right.

Another class project

6 years ago

Well that's a shame. 

Bit of an oversight almost, like Mizal said, seems like it should be worth more.

Another class project

6 years ago
Oh nice. Hadn't noticed that one yet. Very timely.

And yeah, ten points for an article seems pretty weak. Surprised they don't come with commendations. They seem like a much bigger deal than a featured review.

Another class project

6 years ago

Maybe include this article in the CYS welcome message in the future, with a heading like 'if you would like to use Chooseyourstory.com for a class project, please read the following information'? It might help prevent a situation like this in the future.

Another class project

6 years ago
It is a nice article, tho! Hopefully it will get seen when it's needed in the future!

Another class project

6 years ago

Man, this is a fun read.

Another class project

6 years ago

It's had me in stitches for the last three hours.

I haven't had this much fun at work since I read through Endmasters Edge thread.

Another class project

6 years ago

Guys, if you’re a student from ******** School, I am one of you. I won’t say who because then I’ll get shamed, but please for the love of god don’t ruin our already fleeting reputation. You guys are kind of being jerks. Honestly, I don’t understand why you had to mention the cost of our tuition. It doesn’t make us better people. It actually kind of makes us seem like jerkwads. Please, we made some bad stories and spammed some people (no idea why) we made a mistake. So admit it, and LET IT GO.

Another class project

6 years ago
The sad thing is that there are actually a few decent kids in the bunch, like this one, that got dragged down with the spamming fucktards.

I guess there's nothing stopping anyone with an interest in writing on their own from making another account later and doing so though once this whole mess has time to settle down.

Another class project

6 years ago

Mizal, would you be aware any ways that I could make my stories preponderant. There’s probably some continuity issues, but i look to no avail. I genuinely  like this website and I’m sorry our class made it a worse place. I just want to write some good stories.

Another class project

6 years ago
I'll PM you.

Another class project

6 years ago

Glad you like the website, despite what happened. ^^' If you'd like to write a story, make an idea and make a thread in the Writing Workshop if you want opinions on it. I know a number of people who love giving honest feedback, especially to members like you who seem to honestly want to try. 

Another class project

6 years ago
I made this joke already, but little something for the Cries of Caracas author:

It's actually fitting in more ways than one...

Another class project

6 years ago

You are right, my comment about the money was very rude, juvenile, disrespectful, irresponsible and crude, normally I do not make conjectures like that. I was very upset because my partner and i worked very hard on our project (even though it may not have seemed that way to you “experts”, or people who have been on here for a long time/ actually have a college degree). The money part was the last thing i could think of, I in no way mean it. Just because you pay a lot for education doesn't mean you REALLY learn anything. So really, i am sorry... i would delete the comment if i could.

Another class project

6 years ago
It provided enough general entertainment I doubt anyone would want you to undo it. The apology is appreciated though and I actually do hope you guys keep writing on your own. As much as everyone was mocking the stories, anyone who was here through the Warrior Cats invasion had seen far worse.

Pretty much all of you had potential and what looked like the basic capability needed, the main issue was the lack of care in proofreading and the broken links and lack of choices meaning the stories didn't meet minimum site standards. Some of you just picked the worst time possible to dogpile Bucky for reasons I still don't understand and things escalated from there.

Another class project

6 years ago

I don’t even know what happened with the Bucky thing. He didn’t seem to do much wrong.  Ahaha 

Another class project

6 years ago

I don't know why you're blocking the name out, Endmaster found the school through the IP addresses after five seconds. 

Another class project

6 years ago

I skimmed through most of this, but whatever.

Shame deathblossom65 was banned, I'm sure they would have had been a great addition to the site. Anyone who's username is derived from Reaper's ult is guaranteed to be as edgy as a rhombicosidodecahedron. (Why is that so hard to spell)

Some people still seem to be vaguely butthurt about their honestly-no-effort stories being deleted. I'd like to propose the idea of not republishing after an unpublish. It's completely preposterous, I know. But it might just work. 

Also, do y'all know that if you set sneak peek on, you can still see the story? It's a great idea, ain't it? Or all the students could add the teacher as a co-author. 

I'll probably never understand how an expensive school somehow managed to fail to teach an English class. But eh I've seen worst butchering of the English language. Besides, I've already embraced the fact that only about 1/5 of most graduates will literate.

Thank the goddess, someone actually wants to learn things. Best of luck to all those involved that wants to stay(?) Though, if you're thin-skinned and can't take criticism, you really might want to back out of here. If you publish something on this site, you're basically leaving it up for criticism. We'll be nice(?) if it looks like you put actual effort in, but if it's a steaming pile of crap most of us are either going to make a joke, say it's crap, or just take the free point. 

We ain't all that child-friendly most of the time either. 

Another class project

6 years ago
I can't remember which one deathblossom was but they seemed to respond to reviews pretty well, I think IAP mentioned them too. Honestly I think most of the kids are probably okay, just a handful of vocal idiots among them poisoned the well as far as the school IP goes. (And I'm guessing any new accounts from that area will be scrutinized for a little while as well.)

Anyone seriously interested in writing who wants to make a new account can do it in the usual way, I imagine it's fine as long as they don't immediately rush over to be butthurt about mom and dad's money not giving them special privileges in the thread.

Another class project

6 years ago

I've only seen mostly the idiots so far. 

And I'm actually surprised that anyone who's named after anything to do with Reaper isn't a "it's not a phase, mom", cut-happy five year old. Since most people that main Reaper are so edgy I accidentally give myself paper cuts just by being on the same team.

Everyone sharing an IP pretty much sucks for the more normal kids. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to see how many of them are actually interested in improving, and all that.

Pffft that last bit. So wait, I can't get VIP if I throw some money at AlexP? Aw, and I wanted a gold name too xD

Another class project

6 years ago
Btw, as long as the kids are still hanging around:

[klam] I bet you utena is one of those middle aged teachers who is low key kind of hot
[klam] but too ethical to fuck a student

Can someone confirm/deny this for Malkalack?