WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
I hate this. What do you northern freaks even do when you try to go to work and suddenly you're confronted with a windshield covered with ice?

This is some incredible bullshit. Humans aren't supposed to live this way. I wish global warming would stop sending so many mixes messages.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

Generally we scrape the ice off with one of those scrapers unless you're lucky enough to have a garage, of course then you just have to hope the ice and snow isn't completely blocking the door to the point where you have to shovel.

It's more of a pain now that I live in the south since I fully expect the unnatural warmness all year round to NOT include icy windshields, but it still happens on occasion.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Yeah I'm sure it's one thing if you're used to it, but it was just bizarre and extremely unwelcome, like finding Santa Claus lying drunk and pantsless in your driveway. This is the first freeze we've had this year and it really overdid itself.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
I have a vague memory of hot water fixing icy windshields, like just a glass of the stuff.

I will add that it might only work for thinner layers.

Honestly though, I don't have much experience with it, as the cold from the clouds tends to fall into space, as gravity dictates, rather than come down to the surface.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Hot water is a big no no, that can crack the glass from the too fast temp change. I'm paranoid about even pouring on slightly warm water the one time a year this happens.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Now I have a question,
Do those "windshield scrapers" even work well?

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Why, out of anyone in this thread, are you asking ME this?

Actually, why are you in this thread at all? Go finish your story. How long can 1000 words take?

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Sorry, Sorry, I had to go to sleep.
Don't worry, remote learning gives me plenty of time to work, my story will be out soon.
Not that it would be that good, I view it as some dialogue practice.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Yes, big long strokes will finish your frozen windows fast. Within a minute you'll be clear to go.

Otherwise, a car window foil will prevent your front window from ever freezing over, saving you that glorious hot minute in the morning for far more critical matters, like sleeping.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Ah, it's the first actual snow I've had this year(excluding the jan-mar months).

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

What do I usually do in the winter? Stuff like this, every chance I get.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Wow, where is this?

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

The Adirondacks in New York State.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Cool!

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Very nice, but I would not have made a thread about my car windshield if staying home was an option. :(

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

It's not like I actually live on a mountain... Just within a short drive of them.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
There's a Mohawk watching you in the second to last picture

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

This was their turf, back in the day. Now, though, the Mohawks tend to hang out on the St. Lawrence River.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago

Put warm water in a ziplock bag. Use the bag like an eraser to clear the ice.

If you get bored, build a snowowl ...

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Damn, that actually looks cool af.

And that's a good tip, I'll try to remember it next year.

WTF, it's COLD outside?!

one month ago
Took this at Sapporo snow festival. They had a full-sized snow Disney castle and a Japanese Temple built from snow and ice, as well as loads of other stuff on a similar scale. It's a lesser known but very fun event.