Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

CYS is burning down, and AlexP forgot to pay the monthly bill to the  private firefighters again. This means that nobody's putting out the fire. Fortunately, you're out safely, and you have time to save one member. 

If there were a deadly fire and you could only save one CYS member, who would it be? 

Discuss. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Thara.

Next question.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Steve- Because of his amazingly written stories and although sometimes aggressive, but good attitude.

Mizal- Because of her motivation for others and herself. She's also pretty nice.

Zag- Because of niceness and devotion to projects.

Sentinel- Because of funniness and creativity.

I can't decide.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Don't let these adorable penguin eyes melt over and over again in your survivor-guilt nightmares! Don't you think for one second that I won't haunt you, because I will! I'll open your refrigerator doors and tip over your glasses of orange juice and shit!

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Congratulations, you burn to death because of your lack of willlpower and crippling indecision. Good fucking job, Hamlet. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

But what if I sacrifice myself but save 2 people? Would that work?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

No. Stop testing the boundaries of my hypothetical ethics question. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Sorry.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Mason. You know there's only one right answer to this hypothetical ethics question.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I would put forth all of my effort in saving End of course. But I feel like it'll be the other way around for some reason.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'd try to save Tim, but then he'd believe he could save himself. And then he'd offer me his saviourship, and I'd try to explain how that wasn't the way that it works, but then he'd argue that he would be able to be the best fire-escaper there ever was, and we'd argue there for a few weeks, he'd, for some reason, decide to rescue Madhattersdaughter, who jumped into the burning building just to spite me, and I'd end up having to throw myself into the fire and burn to death just to make sure Tim gets saved and Steve doesn't win the election.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Can confirm.

Don't forget the unicorn that tried to save itself but it's homosexual companions dragged it back into the fire.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Oh, geez. This is hard. I haven't really gotten close to anyone on this site. I'll save Mason, I guess.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'll save you now, I guess. Now that our home is burned, though, we can make a small little shack and use Sent's burnt body as firewood.

I'm sorry sent :(

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Deal.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'll always be there, Mason. Spiting your decision with obnoxious inconveniences from beyond the grave Watching over you at appropriate moments.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

IAP. Will's been revealed to be a pedo, Blindy will blame me, Axiom will spend large durations of us watching the place burn not talking to me as I wonder why, Mizal's such a lazy cunt I doubt she'd get out even with my help, End's creepy as fuck, 3J's a literal retard with no understanding of what makes a movie good and Klam's clearly going to do something gross as fuck like play with his shit, and those are pretty much the only bastards on the site I can stand to be around for more than a few minutes. I feel IAP will just get me ice cream for saving him and that'd be nice.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I would light a cigarette off the burning building and say something about rebuilding on the ashes, then probably feel like a dumbass and walk away knowing I ruined a great chance at a memeroble one liner.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

End, reasons explained below

Step 1: Have End harvest the souls of every site member (it's about as believable as an online site being on fire) while the fire is going down.

Step 2: Extricate End

Step 3: Pray he doesn't banish all the souls in his keep, and transplants them into new shells. Convince him we can make millions by preventing people from being stuck in limbo and charging a resurrection fee from the newly saved

Profit

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

This, dear Cystians, is the correct answer.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Kumquat, because a person who takes the time to click on the daily point every day for 8 years deserves to be saved. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

That's a pretty good choice. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
He was probably using a bot or something and has forgotten all about the site years ago.

Maybe we can test this by PMing or tagging him alot and seeing if an annoyed human being replies.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Nah, he updated his profile.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
BD so we can double the efforts to save all the data and transfer it to a different server and make a better CYS with non-legacy code and a better look... and blackjack and hookers.

Or Seto so I have someone to berate and insult while I save my shit.

Chanbot would be nice to save but Chanbot is a quasi-infinite entity of multidimensional god-like power so there's really no need.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Me? Save someone? Fuck that, I'm blind. If I'm lucky, I might manage to escape myself.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

If I can only save one member, then I will die if I save anyone other than myself...

*Jumps out window*

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

... Eh... I'd probably save Sent or Zag, because Chris most likely started the fire and is long gone.

If it came between the two, though, probably Zag, so that he can draw a comic of me desperately trying to save everyone, and not whine about how he could've totally won the election.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

If there were such a thing as Alt History communities made exclusively for obscure personal fictions, there would be more books about all the different ways I could've won that election than there are about how the Axis could've won World War 2. Except i would be the good guy, and I probably actually could've won the election.

I only did that once or twice! And Zag was going to vote for me!

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

So you're telling me that, if I saved you from this theoretical fire, you'd never bring up the election again?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Less than Zag would.

Which still would be a lot, because he'd be reminiscing about all the memories he had with the dead people, but I'd still do it less.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'd probably draw comics for all of them too. And fill a bucket of tears for each one. I'd probably have two buckets for Steve, though.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Promise to draw a comic of the election, so Tim will be forced to save me, okay? Can't save this country if I'm burned to the ground with it.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

i hardly remember much of that mess and it already got deleted curse you jjj for not picking out and saving the good things of that forum its going to be kinda hard to recreate

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

It's totally fine to rewrite history.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

i mostly remember beardon getting banned as moe lester and jimmy being pretty cool and you winning

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Yes, let's go with that, Zag. Sent won the election. I like the sound of that. That's good thinking right there.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

No need for a comic then. I'll just draw a picture.

Do you have any references for drawing Sent? What should I put in the background?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

You should draw the sci-fi toga-wearing utopia that would surely result from a Sent presidency, of course.

I don't have any real references, since everything I draw is basically an amalgam of cartoon symbols that people understand as coherent images for some reason.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

got it

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'm getting 1984 vibes from all these malquotes and misprints.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'd save Lick because they're the only one that's made me laugh thus far.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Oh, what sweet words!

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
I guess I would save Alex because he's rich and would reward me with money and also make me the undisputed ruler of the new, better CYS.

(It was me, I started the fire hoping for this exact result. Sorry guys, no hard feelings I hope.)

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'd save Minnie, because it's fun talking to him, and hardly anyone else talks to me anyway.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

*Tears of joy*

Well then, i'd save Nycto because he's literally the only person who cared enough to put my name in this thread. Thank you Nycto ;-;

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Anytime, my dude.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
... my solution saved everyone, but if this thread is really just another indirect popularity contest then so be it.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Yes, but my name was not mentioned. Also, my ego hasn't been fed today.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Man, I don't wanna be a zombie and then pay for being resurrected.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Well, it's either that or dying as per the current quandary. To twist Dark Knight - You either die and stay dead, or live and possibly wish you weren't. In the latter case, well, I don't think End's found a way to collect on debts in the afterlife yet, so the first is always an option after taking the second, ergo you'll always want to be revived.

Plus, you wouldn't be a zombie so much as a Ghost in the Shell as in Ghost in the Shell.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Well, I mean, it'd be a waste to kill yourself after paying to be revived. I think I'd rather stay dead. After all, if I couldn't get myself out of that fire that Mizal and/or Chris started, well, fuck. That's just the way it is.

Also, I've never seen Ghost in the Shell.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
If you do check it out, go for the original movie or the Stand Alone Complex TV series (the first season is better than the second). It's a unique/quaint portrayal of tech, which like most good interpretations gets some things right and many wrong, but the rights make it an interesting watch nonetheless

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

How would a website catch fire??

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Firewall breaks down, fire gets in.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Make an alt and enjoy the show.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

So far I'm winning in this one as well.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Winning at what, may I ask?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Thara and Stryker said they'd save me from the fire. Which means I got more votes than anyone else here so far, so I'm WINNING. yes

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
The path to Bad Mod Kiel lies in caring about voting outcomes (nothing really rhymed with intentions, make do as you will)

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

It was actually more like Bad touch Kiel. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
(I'm kinda winging the analogy here, wasn't here when that maelstrom hit CYStia, making assumptions based on second hand reporting)

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Actually I don't care so much as I'm just sort of on a roll with proving Steve wrong in the other thread and now I'm being obnoxious in Malk's thread with his constant stream of weird "Would you rather" like questions that he proposes a lot at the Villain Lair.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Did Steve think CYS was full of right-wing people?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

He figured the place had a more conservative/right wing bent, yes.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

So, he held that view even after Fazz came with his political standings test?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

To be fair, I have a tendency to conflate homophobic, religious or anyone I don't like with right wing.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

He may have come to the conclusion that disagreement with Steve is synonymous with stupidity, and a lot of people here are stupid. Granted, a lot of the people who disagree with Steve are stupid, but not all crayons are blue.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Untrue. I've yet to find a single person who disagrees with me yet isn't stupid.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I'm only stupid on thursdays.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
If you wouldn't be comfortable fucking a dog or masturbating in the toy aisle of a grocery store Steve views you as a right wing conservative though so he may still be under the impression he's winning this one.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

As I already said, I would save Nycto. If he was already dead or something, i'd go with End.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

He still wouldn't adopt you in both scenarios.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

I know... I know... :(

But i'm allowed to have dreams.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Actually my previous answer was a joke, I would definitely save @Bigbootyjudy and no one else.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Good idea, DAT ASS will protect you from the fire.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Nah, it's already protecting me.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Why?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

@mizal Thanks babe. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Holy shit, they finally posted. The Bigbooty is no longer a mythical animal.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Yeah, it's a human girl.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Holyshit, I thought those only existed in the storybooks! I heard everyone online was actually a forty year old man trying to steal your balls or something.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
Scary stuff, my dude.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

You're telling me, I read a novel on the shit.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
What kind of novel is that? That's a weird author.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

@mizal Yes, hello I am alive and well, unfortunately. 

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
I'm happy you're alive and well. :)

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Coins' mom is the only ass I'd be saving.

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
doesn't that make you a lesbian?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago

Is the question even relevant in 2017?

Moral Quandaries

7 years ago
I guess not since you could've had a sex-change to become a man. That stuff is getting pretty common; I suppose the question isn't so relevant after all.