Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

America, what have you done?

7 years ago

Well it's official and there for the world to see: the majority of Americans are either idiots or indifferent and they have managed to find one of the biggest idiots in their country, Donald "Grab Them By The Pussies" Trump to be their Chief Idiot. I suppose if they don't care about their country's future it's stupid for non-Americans to care either. Perhaps the kindest solution would just be to try and ignore America for the next four years. It's a silly place.

7 years ago

Calling 57 million Americans either idiotic or indifferent (which itself doesn't make much sense, considering he managed to get elected when the vast majority never believed he could) is a special brand of juvenile.

What's done is done. Might as well make the best of it, and not disparage millions of people.

7 years ago

Hang on, Will said this is the kindest way he could. As someone who despises Clinton, the majority of your nation are literal retards who voted for a misogynistic narcissist with the IQ of a child. Death to America. Uh, that's genuinely accurate here, and I love it.

7 years ago

Well, I mean now that Trump's won there's no danger of the Left turning on it's own...(I try and give people a bright side to look at).

7 years ago

Something, something hyperbole. I don't think anyone would ever call him a good candidate (or Hillary for that matter), but statements like this one are made out of fear mongering and ignorance. Besides, he won the election, and that's not going to change, so we might as well push for his presidency to be as strong as possible.

7 years ago

The majority spoke for Clinton.

7 years ago

Clinton won the popular vote but not the election

7 years ago

Then, what is democracy?

7 years ago

Obama or Sanders would have been better presidents then Trump or Clinton.

7 years ago

I don't think it's going to be possible to ignore them for the next four years. But for the first time ever, i am actually looking forward to school tomorrow. Everyone is going to be hysterical.

7 years ago

Well done America...

You've done it this time.

*claps slowly*

7 years ago
I mean, how did you not see this coming? America is a meme and Trump is meme lord #1. Clearly this is what Harambe would have wanted. RIP

7 years ago

Trump did Harambe.

7 years ago

You won't be calling us idiots when we nuke your ass into oblivion. I don't know which country you live in, but we'll probably nuke it sooner or later. If you're in the United States, we'll nuke you sooner or later. You keep that in mind. You can either bend the knee and kiss the ring of our golden emperor, or you'll be in big, big trouble. Believe me. It will be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

7 years ago

I believe he lives in China.

7 years ago

Can't ignore the world's most important country; this election affects all of us.

Trump sounded almost disappointed in his victory speech.

7 years ago

You should've seen that kid standing off to his left.

7 years ago

I can try :)

7 years ago

I just noticed that it's the 9th of November here. Is it a sign?

7 years ago

The Americans have their months and days swapped around.

Weird, I know.

7 years ago

I knew that, but i still find this extremely weird. 

7 years ago

I wish I could sit here and say that I expected this. I did not in the least.

7 years ago

The first time that a president has been memed into office

7 years ago
Holy shit, I was thinking the same. Just swap the month and date of today and there ya go - the truth!

7 years ago

It's quite immature to compare some guy being elected to a tragic event that literally did take people's lives, but I digress.

I don't think that the world will end with Trump becoming president. If anything, it'll most likely be old news and everyone will find something new to react or overreact to in a week or two.

Canada does sound like a nice place to visit live at for the coming holidays, though :)

7 years ago

What, it's immature to compare a few thousand deaths to something that is literally going to effect the whole world? Good to know there.

7 years ago

A few thousand deaths? 

Ah. Well you got me there, Steve :)

This whole thing has been exhausting to follow, so I'll be glad when things die down. Well, not literally die in this case.

7 years ago

Well, I don't know whether to love it, or hate it. On the hate side, this does mean a major economic power will take serious damage to its economy and social progress will be halted, whilst this new turn towards the Right Wing will pretty much fuck over the US. I suppose this is what it's like watching the Roman Empire or British Empire collapse. America won't obviously just lose everything, but this'll just be another major landmark in America falling from its role as a world power. I used to believe, perhaps narcisstically, that the EU would take on that role to some degree, but seeing as thats not exactly in stable ground, I suppose it's going to be China over time, seeing as they're already insanely powerful, though perhaps Europe might actually benefit from America being fucked over. Anyhow, this is a blow for progress and humanity.

On the other, perhaps more childish hand, this is amazing. I'll get to watch the SJW's explode and frantically shit themselves over the next few years, Hillary will no doubt just sit down and not move until her death at pure shock, and I'll get to watch thousands of Americans freak out as they realize Trump's not going to do any of the shit he says, and has just abused their trust to get a position of power that he can now abuse to become a serious part of the system he's not going to break down. 

Well then, best of luck to all of you. When Will "I'm too nice for my own good" 11 is telling you your country's full of retards, you know you're up shit creek without a paddle. Death to America!

7 years ago

"I'll get to watch the SJW's explode and frantically shit themselves"

Here's a good start:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/elections-who-are-you-voting-for-and-why/12243/556

7 years ago

Well, time to buy some airplane tickets!

7 years ago

I'm gonna go burn a flag.

7 years ago
I just worked an overnight shift, and now have to zombie shuffle my way across town to clock in at the other place, so it's going to take a little while to process this. My immediate feeling is that the next four years are going to be hilarious though. :D

Will, how you feel right now may be close to how the rest of the world felt about Brexit lol.

My main concern for the next few days is that some crazy disgruntled fucks decide to start rioting go on a murder spree. It doesn't seem to take too much to make people want to do that these days, and people have been way too emotional about this election. How ever it wound up I've been more than ready for the whole thing to end, seeing extremists on each side insult and dehumanize the other has been getting tiresome.

I'm already way, way too exhausted today but the tears I expect to receive from a coworker who's been going on about how 'President Hillary' should 'take action' against Trump supporters these last few days will hopefully provide the nourishment I need.

Also lol at the amount of people who don't even seem to be aware of the existence of the whole system of checks and balances.

7 years ago

To be fair, with the Reds in control of the House, the Senate AND the presidency, whilst Trump's not going to be able to do everything Trump wants, it's certainly looking very shit for you lot.

7 years ago
'He'll be the President! He can say 'do this!' and do whatever he feels like!' - actual quote from dirty, soon-to-purged Mexican.

Lots of Republicans hate this guy a whole, whole lot though, hopefully that slows things down a little. And hey, maybe now that he's made his point and got what he wants he'll just play golf for four years. That equals ideal President in my book.

Wouldn't mind a White House reality show at this point though...

Basically though if he turns out to be literal Hitler and purges the opposition in death camps, from the tears and ranting I've seen online that's no different from what Hillary supporters were wanting for rednecks.

And that was before the election. Holy shit, there's a few sites I'm looking forward to catching up on later today... Pretty sure half this country is eventually going to wind out wiping out the other half one way or another lol.

7 years ago

Don't forget about the Supreme Court decision. That'll tip things more in the favor of the GOP. So yeah, Trump should have more room to do things than Obama did - at least in theory. As others have pointed out, it's just a matter of getting the rest of the party to work with him. He seems to be doing a decent job of it so far. As far as I know, most of the GOP House members and Senators cared more about Trump's language kicking them out of office than what he was actually saying. Seeing as to how he may have been a boon to them in this election, they shouldn't have as much of a problem falling in line behind him.

7 years ago

He'll inevitably put in a conservative justice as replacement for Scalia which will actually keep SCOTUS balanced. If any of the other judges die or retire, though...

7 years ago

People have been saying that this next President will have anywhere from 2 to 3 Supreme Court picks. Give one take one. So yeah, the GOP may have control of all three branches.

7 years ago

I'd say it's almost certain at least one judge besides Scalia needs replacing, although what liberal judge would retire under Trump is questionable. Still, Trumps most likely going to be picking more than one.

7 years ago

Woke up, checked the news, bashed my head against a wall, and visited CYS. Found what I expected. I guess I'm going to have a sample of Hell for the next four years.

7 years ago

Well... good job America, you have just fucked yourself over. I wish you luck in the following four years.

7 years ago

7 years ago

This is officially worse than Brexit (which might not even happen for a long time). The UK is off the hook whew.

7 years ago

Wouldn't it be funny (by some small chance) if Trump actually made America's situation better?

7 years ago

That's what I said in the Election thread.

Seriously, the bar is so damn low for Trump, that now if he does anything short of causing a nuclear holocaust or rounding people up in camps, he'll already be doing better than anyone expected him to.

7 years ago

He can't really do the second thing. At least...not over night 
The first thing could be possible as he's not really...diplomatic and he could push the wrong buttons. Doubt it though.

I heard the Britain may be invading America soon though.
So there's that. 

7 years ago

Yeah, like as much people make the Trump-Hitler comparison, this isn't Germany. When was the last time America rounded up a bunch of its citizens up and put them in camps? That's an absurd concept!

Edit: Because idiocy and sarcasm are hard to distinguish, this is sarcasm.

7 years ago

Yep. It's kind of sad though, people were already burning the American flag and the only thing Trump has done since the election is win. They did that in Portland, Oregon if anyone wants the place. 

At this point it's going to be hard for him to live up all of the horrible expectations. I mean he isn't the most pleasant of people, but certainly not the worst this country has to offer.

7 years ago
I think a big part of the reason this happened is that for almost this entire election the hardcore liberals have been saying over and over again and deluding themselves into thinking only rich, racist, evil white men and idiotic drooling rednecks would want to vote for Trump, and so alienated a bunch of people who weren't any of those things instead of winning them over.

7 years ago

I believe you would be completely correct.

Also, there are a lot of white males who currently feel they are being made to pay for the privileges experienced in the past. There are many white men who are angry and/or afraid. That was a huge part of Trump's success as I see it.

But my favorite part of a Trump administration will be that (I expect) he won't do what liberals and conservatives alike are afraid of. People will be seething and gnashing their teeth for a month or two, panicking wholeheartedly, some literally fearing for their lives, when suddenly they'll look outside and realize that the minorities aren't being systematically processed into Trump Glue for the Trump Wall. They'll rub their eyes and leave their fear bunkers, manufactured by propaganda.gov.

7 years ago
Pretty much. This came up while I was talking to Malk the other day. Presidents don't do shit, it's the elections for local politics that no one cares about and nobody bothers to vote in that has the most actual effect on people's day to day lives.

But it's probably more fun to spout hyperbole about how the sky is literally falling.

Meanwhile I disliked both candidates pretty much equally so I've been looking forward at pointing and laughing at the losers regardless of who won.

Most of my coworkers votes for Trump, which...I'm in Texas so I'm sure this doesn't surprise anyone. Given the stereotypes being thrown about though, I feel it's worth pointing out that eleven out of fourteen of these people are Hispanic women.

7 years ago

Whoa. That's wild. I'm glad you told me that - concerning your coworkers.

I'm not fond of either candidate. I look forward to salting my food with liberal tears for weeks to come no less.

7 years ago

There are three branches of government to limit and regulate the power of one another. Even if Trump wanted to do something big and bad, the odds are that he'd be able to do it are low. 

Seriously though...I'm reading all the stuff on my site right now...

People should stop panicking.

Yes, Trump is president
Yes, this country is fucking disappointing

But no one is getting deported.
No one's rights are getting taken away that easily.
Trump wont get away with anything, but if any, very fucking little. 

If I recall, his decision doesn't immediately get passed on.
It will have to go through Congress.
It will have to go through the Supreme Court.
His word is not game. 

Its not the end of the god damn world. Tomorrow won't be hell.

In no way am I supporting Trump. I hate his fucking guts but I know damn well he can't get away with anything absurd he plans to do.

But just his presence, just the fact that he won, is a kick in the nuts to all the social and equality-related progress done to this point.

7 years ago

Why'd you cover everything like that?

I hope he deports the illegals en masse...even though it is logistically improbable. Oh, and the wall, that would be awesome. While we're at it, let's send those refugees back. Honestly, the social "progress" we're making needs to slow down anyway.

7 years ago

Because opinions :P

7 years ago

In celebration of Trump’s New America, I have deported the filthy pugtaco out of CYS again. (He keeps sneaking back in, it’s almost like we need a wall)

7 years ago

Didn't he have that alt called something Mexican? How perfect.

7 years ago

Yeah "taco4" this time.

He usually goes by some version of "pug" or "taco" and adds a number to it.

7 years ago

I've noticed :P
Maybe he should try another name :3

7 years ago

For fuck's sake! I made him a fucking guide!

7 years ago

Tulsi Gabbard should run in the 2020 election.

She's actually a good candidate, unlike Hillary, and it would mean the first woman president (assuming she wins) wouldn't be entirely detestable.

7 years ago

This will probably sound stupid, but is American Samoa qualify you as being born in America? I've never been clear on how that works.

7 years ago

You're an American National, not an actual american.

7 years ago

Does that qualify you to run for president?

7 years ago

Not really, no. You lack some of the rights of an actual american citizen... like voting for example, so I doubt that they are allowed to run for president.

7 years ago

Wait, her mother was born in the U.S. That makes her eligible.

edit: As far as I know.

Same situation as Cruz, coincidentally enough.

7 years ago

If Ted Cruz is eligible to run, then so should she.

Whatever, hopefully that changes. Might actually be beneficial, not running so young.

7 years ago
Remind me in four years to vote for Dwayne Johnson.

7 years ago

First off, nice job on calling 59,000,000+ American people "idiots" just because they voted for the other person. So much for Liberal "tolerance". Maybe you should get off your high horse and try and look at things from a different perspective. You know why the American people voted for Trump? Because they're sick and tired of scummy Washington insiders running things how they see fit. They're sick and tired of getting ignored by politicians who throw our jobs abroad. They're sick and tired of being too scared to say what they want because it'll be "politically incorrect" or "culturally insensitive". They're sick and tired of the Democratic party acting like a paragon of equality when the country has been more divided than it's been in decades. They're sick and tired of our indecisive foreign policy. They're sick and tired of our rapidly growing national debt, stagnant economy, and counterproductive trade deals. They're sick and tired of our government's ineffective spending. They're especially sick with all the whining, unrest, and general dissent that's taken over our nation.

Personally, I am not a conservative. At heart, I'm more of a Libertarian (socially Liberal, fiscally Conservative). I really, really hated Trump during the primaries. He was an asshole who I wouldn't even want in my house. Once he won the Republican nomination however, I think a lot of people (me included) started to realize he was a better choice than Clinton. 70% of Americans thought that the Obama administration was leading this country on the wrong track. With the Republicans controlling all three branches of the government for the first time since 1928, they can get us back on track. Admit it- Trump has the economic policies in the bag. He's not going to take away anybody's rights, half of the things he's "quoted" as saying have been proven to be false, he's not going to put inherently racist policies into place (he did better with all of the minorities than expected), and he even asked all of those he has differences with for help and guidance. Trump may be an asshole, but you're a fool if you think he's stupid. A stupid person doesn't create his own financial Empire and then successfully run for president of the United States of America.

Trump is actually one of the most socially Liberal Republicans out there. He's fine with abortion, he's fine with gay marriage if it's decided to be so by the states (honestly he's fine with it in general but has to have it this way to gain hardcore conservative support), he's for equal gender pay ("You'll get the same if you do as good a job"), and he's for getting minorities out of their current situations and into the middle and upper classes therefore lowering the racial pay gap. The Democrats don't want what's best for the minorities; they want the minorities to stay poor so they can keep on voting for the Democrats. The Democrats have traditionally been the party of the KKK and the values of racism. They're deceiving the minorities with promises of "equality" and welfare- yet after 8 years of a Democratic administration the minorities are worse off than they've been in decades. The Democrats are tossing meat into the minorities' cage while the Republicans are trying to shoot off the cage's lock. The Republicans just want all Americans in general to be prosperous, not just White people.

Really, the reason that Trump has been doing so well is because Americans have been completely dissatisfied with the ineffective and self-harming ways the Democrats have been running the country. They're upset and frustrated with the status quo, and here here Trump is, a brand new outsider who promises a revolutionary change that will "make America great again". That's what the pollsters couldn't grasp- and that's why they utterly failed.

I say all of this with no ill will towards any Democrats or Liberals, who I'm sure have very good points of their own to go up against mine. I mean it with total and complete respect to my fellow writers and readers.

7 years ago

Great post.

7 years ago

:)

7 years ago

Hear hear!

7 years ago

Well said.

7 years ago

Essentially.

7 years ago

Very diplomatic.

7 years ago

How does one develop a tic (spasmodic movement) in their diploma?

7 years ago

"I'm more of a Libertarian, which is why I support the guy who wants to seize land and build a gigantic fucking wall using my tax dollars". 

EDIT: Also, obligatory whining about political correctness. No, you can't just say what you want without consequence. If you want to talk about how the  world is better off without the Jew menace, you can do that; you cannot expect people to deal with your shit. That's "political correctness", for you. 

7 years ago

Yes, a wall that would cost way less in taxes than what Obamacare has cost the American people. If Trump can actually get Mexico to pay for the wall (which is extremely unlikely), it won't matter anyways. If the wall actually does its job right, it will cut down on the heavy amount of illegal drug trafficking going on across the US-Mexican border. More relaxed laws on drug use and a gradual legalization process of some narcotics would further this (Trump is for the legalization of pot, by the way).

Trump isn't going to seize land in order to erect the wall- he's going to buy out any private property along the border with federal money. That's actually not as bad as it sounds; I don't think there's a whole lot of high value property directly on the US-Mexican border anyway.

Honestly, since the first day I heard of his "build a wall" idea, I always thought it was his stupidest ever. Whatever. In the grand scheme of things, this "build a wall" idea is not relevant and will probably not even get put into place. The end of Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, and NAFTA are all more important in the grand scheme of things than Trump's dream to build a wall.

7 years ago

He's going to use eminent domain to forcibly buy the land. In a free market, you have the freedom not to sell to anyone you don't like; Trump robs you of that freedom.

Also how is it that you think Trump is going to end political correctness? Lol

7 years ago

"He's going to use eminent domain to forcibly buy the land. In a free market, you have the freedom not to sell to anyone you don't like; Trump robs you of that freedom."

Most of the wall is going to be built atop already existing fencing or right on the border itself. I'm pretty sure he won't have to buy out any private property at all. If he does, it's only 1 or 2 landowners at most. If the landowners are willing to sell, which they probably will be if the government offers them lots of money, then things can go on as normal.

"Also how is it that you think Trump is going to end political correctness? Lol"

Trump himself is not going to end all Political Correctness. He is, however, going to prevent Political Correctness from getting worse. Trump, unlike Hillary or Obama, won't force the American people to shut up and be PC. With a Republican supreme court, people won't be punished because they said something mildly offensive against a transgender, otherkin couple. A Republican executive and legislative branch won't work together to pass ridiculous bills based on political correctness.

7 years ago

How is Obama forcing political correctness down your throat? 

7 years ago

I live in a rich county where literally millions of dollars are being spent by the county government just to increase the racial diversity of students attending a little High School known as the "Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology". It's literally the best school in my entire state and is counted among the top 5 best schools in the entire nation. Look it up.

The racial diversity programs have failed. Asians and Whites still make up the large majority of students at the school. Afterschool programs for only African Americans and Latinos, specialized programs to help minorities, etc. etc. None of it has worked- an estimated one African American student has been admitted to the school as a result of the programs. The other African American students probably would have been admitted regardless of whether they attended or made use of the programs, most of which did not. Now, FCPS is broke. No money in the educational budget left. Tim Kaine and Obama have approved of the programs amid lawsuits against the county claiming that TJ is being inherently racist in its admissions.

In addition, it's not always the government itself forcing political correctness down people's throats. Obama supports and presents the political agenda of Political Correctness. He has basically turned the Democratic party into the face of the Political Correctness movement. By doing this, even if the Democrats don't force Politically Correct legislation through congress or come out with unconstitutional executive orders, they still represent and condone the actions of the entire movement. THEY are supporting organizations, government-affiliated or not, that try to shove Political Correctness down people's gullets. THEY are the ones influencing countless people to take matters of political correctness into their own hands and completely shut down rallies and meetings of groups and organizations that have different political affiliations.

7 years ago

I honestly can't believe you're defending a man who proposed to build this wall and to kill the families of terrorists among other things. I mean, I know the situation in the US is bad, but has it become so bad that you needed to elect someone who proposes things like these?

7 years ago

Trump is not going to be perfect; he's extremely flawed. As I said, he's an asshole who later denied stating "The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families".

But you have to look at the bigger picture. You have to look at what will happen overall once he's in office. No administration in the history of ever has been all-around perfect, and no administration has ever gotten a 100% approval rating. Do all the foolish things he's said automatically disqualify him from holding office? Especially if he later realized that the statements were stupid and attempted to distance himself from the.

7 years ago

Should someone who has said all the stupid things Trump has said hold office? No, they really shouldn't.

7 years ago

And someone who can mishandle classified information so badly shouldn't be president either, in my personal opinion.

Trump has said some bad things, because as I've said earlier, he's an asshole. As I've also said before, you need to look at the bigger picture. What Donald Trump will actually do and accomplish in office is what's important here, not his moral character.

Compared to Hillary, who couldn't connect herself to the average working American well enough, Trump seemed to have a superior moral character. He seemed eccentric, like a fresh outsider, a revolutionary, understanding, and (surprisingly) honest. Of course, he's not honest and I don't know if he understands the common working man all that well. It doesn't matter. People wanted a change and he was the one to offer it.

7 years ago

Eh, probably not, no. If you're going to go for the lesser of two evils arguement that's one thing, but what I adamently disagree with is him being a good candidate. My absolute hatred for Clinton really makes it hard to argue for her.

7 years ago

Trump's not a good candidate. We have the people who voted for him in the Republican primaries to blame.

7 years ago

Do you really think that wall of all things will prevent illegal immigration? And I'm not sure you have actually checked the numbers for the cost of that wall and the amount of people it would displace(ok, maybe not many). It would be one of the biggest waste of money to date and it wouldn't even be all that effective!

To speak the truth, I'm not American, so I don't know the problems you guys face all that well, but from what I heard from Trump's "policies", if you can even call them that, they're all quite horrible. I understand the past presidents haven't been the greatest and their policies have been even worse, but that's no reason to elect someone like Trump into office.

7 years ago

I think it's pretty obvious that the wall wouldn't even come close to stopping all illegal immigration from Mexico or central/South America. It wouldn't even stop more than half, as roughly 40% of illegal immigrants come here legally with visas and then simply just overstay them. The wall isn't just there to stop illegal immigration, however. A big purpose of the wall is to stop the amateur drug trade, which constitutes a pretty sizeable chunk of the illegal drug trafficking that goes on between the US and Mexico. At the current moment, it's not hard for an amateur drug smuggler to cut a hole in a mesh wire fence and then sneak his way through. As I said, I think the "build a wall" idea is one of Trump's most stupid.

I'm pretty sure the wall will not displace that many people, as most of it is going to be built atop existing fencing or right on the border anyways.

According to the Washington Post, Trump's wall could cost up to $25 billion, and the Washington Post is one of the most liberal papers in the nation (really, the wall could cost anywhere from what the Post estimated to only $5 billion). Obamacare, on the other hand, will cost the Federal government $1.34 trillion according to the Congressional Budget Office. I'd take the wall over Obamacare.

"what I heard from Trump's "policies", if you can even call them that, they're all quite horrible. "

Not really. Where are you getting this from, exactly? Trump has solid ideas on trade, manufacturing, and really most of the fiscal issues. He's also, as I said earlier, pretty liberal on the social issues for a Republican.

7 years ago

You know what? I'm not going to choose to argue anymore because I can feel that you'll stand by decision and protect it(which I find admirable) and because it's not my country, it won't affect me as much as it will affect you. You chose him to be your president and that's fine.

I think a few of his policies are quite... controversial and I don't like him one bit, not as a person and not as a politician and certainly not as a business man and it is beyond me why you would elect someone like him, but as I've said, I don't live in the US so I don't know what problems you face, so I'm just going to leave here.

I just want to wish you good luck in then next four years

7 years ago

Yes, standing by your stupid ass principles is admirable. Terrific.

7 years ago

If he truly chooses to stand by his principles until the very end then who am I to judge him?

7 years ago

Other people who stood by their principles to their end:

-Much of the Nazi Party

-The Western Baptist Church

-The KKK

7 years ago

Just like you stand by your hate of Trump and the Death to America stuff, so is he allowed to stand by his own opinions, no matter how distorted they might be. If they prove to be the cause of something bad, then there's nothing about it that we can do, but everyone and anyone can have their opinions.

7 years ago

There's a huge difference between "People should be allowed to stand by their shitty beliefs" and "Standing by your shitty beliefs is admirable".

7 years ago

Steve, I'm a big fan of your work. I think you're a great writer and I appreciate what you do for the site.

That being said, I have to disagree with you. Supporting Trump is NOT the same thing or even similar to supporting Adolf Hitler. Trump is not going to round up 6 million Jews and herd them into concentration camps, whatever anyone might say. The executive branch of the government is still kept in check by the legislative and judicial branches, which are filled with enough traditional GOP Republicans to stop Trump from doing anything too crazy in office.

The KKK and Westboro Baptist Church are the scum of Right Wing politics. Donald Trump isn't even particularly right-wing, as I have said earlier.

7 years ago

Mentioning KKK, Westboro and Nazis wasn't a comparison, it was an extreme example of how no, standing by your principles isn't necessarily a good thing.

7 years ago

People have compared them, though.

7 years ago

So? I didn't, so why's he bringing it up to me? That's like if you said you're not a big fan of Obama's drone policy, and I said "He was born in America asshole, he's a citizen!"

7 years ago

Because it was claimed ad nauseam, and your post could be construed as similar (as far as I can tell, re-reading it).

7 years ago

Well then, he was mistaken.

7 years ago

Ah, I misunderstood you. Apologies. I've seen the comparison been made before, so I assumed you were doing the same thing. Now that we've gotten the misunderstanding out of the way, I must say I agree. Standing by your principles isn't necessarily a good thing. It depends on the principles themselves.

7 years ago

Supporting Trump is NOT the same thing or even similar to supporting Adolf Hitler.

Everyone with a brain knows this. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to like him, and claims of him being a poor candidate are unquestionably true, but comparisons between Trump and Hitler are just inherently irrational. In fact, it's arguably evil, considering it undersells the horror of the Holocaust + Nazi-ism.

7 years ago

I agree with you, Cynical. Trump was always a poor candidate, I'm not denying that.

7 years ago

No, but comparisons to Mussolini and Francisco Franco are perfectly apt. 

7 years ago

There's a line between nationalism and fascism. A thin line, to be sure, but a line nonetheless.

But yeah, Trump, Mussolini, and Franco do share some similarities. Trump isn't actually on the same level as Mussolini and Franco, but the similarities are there. And they're obvious.

7 years ago
The whole wall thing is like, ridiculous and cringe worthy, every time it gets brought up. But again, for a lot of people it was more about Trump taking illegal immigration seriously, while Hillary pretty obviously didn't.

This is specifically one of those things I was talking about when I say Dems and hardcore liberals can be out of touch. I've seen so many making assumptions about 'what Hispanics want', and wide open borders is apparently one of those things, yet it doesn't reflect at all the views of any actual people I've ever spoken to in any kind of position to know what the fuck they're talking about.

Also, Hillary fucked up bad with the 'let's hug all the Syrians' thing...

7 years ago

"EDIT: Also, obligatory whining about political correctness. No, you can't just say what you want without consequence. If you want to talk about how the  world is better off without the Jew menace, you can do that; you cannot expect people to deal with your shit. That's 'political correctness', for you."

Politically correct or not, citizens in the United States of America have a right to something called Freedom of Speech (except in cases of slander or libel). Denying someone the right to say what they want because it hurts somebody's feelings is just absurd. If I personally insult you based on say, religion, in an extremely offensive manner, then you have every right to respond in the same way. Instead of dictating what people should be allowed to say and what they shouldn't, just move on with your life if someone says something that you find offensive. People have been fired before for using the word "niggardly" in a perfectly appropriate context and setting (the word niggardly means stingy, if you're wondering. And no, it is not a slang term). People on school boards have been forced to attend "diversity workshop" and publicly apologize to the entire school just for denouncing BLM and promoting ALM on their personal social media accounts. There is a time when being politically correct totally violates peoples' rights to Freedom of Speech.

7 years ago

Except private companies can do whatever they please. I can kick you out of my house, or place of business if you say the word "niggardly". I can kick you out of my house or place of business if I don't like the cut of your gib.    Freedom of speech protects you from the state governing your speech; that's it. 

What power do you think the President has? He's not going to stop "political correctness", whatever the fuck it is. 

7 years ago

Except that the person who said "niggardly" didn't just work for Walmart or something. He was one of the top aides of Washington DC's mayor. That person who got forced to attend a diversity workshop was a student of the University of Houston, which is the third largest University in Texas.

I suggest you look up some of the federal and state laws that exist to prevent workplace discrimination, even in private companies.

7 years ago

University of Houston is a private institution. The mayor of Washington DC can fire his employees if he pleases. 

7 years ago

As I have said earlier, Barrack Obama and the Democratic Party represent the face of the Political Correctness "movement". He has put his full support into the kinds of organizations that put pressure on politicians and private institutions to be politically correct. And while the University of Houston may technically be a private institution, it is supposed to allow students to have their own political views. When the politically correct students pressured for a punishment, the standards of the school were violated. For a large, nonreligious, and supposedly nonpartisan private institution, limits should not be placed on the free flowing of ideas, and people should not be banned from having their own political views. The Political Correctness movement supports limiting freedom of speech in cases classified as "hate speech", which can range from the actual thing to statements that could be considered mildly offensive.

7 years ago
I have no idea who you are or where you came from but this is the best post in the thread as far as Expressing Strong Opinions to make for better discussion goes.

I mean, don't take this as an endorsement of your entire post or anything because there's a lot I disagree with, but I do think you have a couple of points here. The very fact that he won shows there's something very very broken with the Dems and their way of connecting with people. (They'll never acknowledge or address this though, because it's easier to shake their fists and rage about ignorant rednecks...)

I really, really can't express how much I loathe the idea of someone with Trump's character and behavior representing the country. But all Hillary had to do was make herself seem more human and likeable and in touch with the average person than be was. And she failed. The bar is set THAT low, and Trump helpfully spends the last few debates self destructing on live TV, and she fucking failed. (Even the people I know who did vote for her did it on 'at least she's not Trump' reasoning rather than because they actually wanted to see her in office...)

You are all never going to do it

7 years ago

:)

7 years ago

Very true.

7 years ago

(To be fair, my passport hasn't been renewed yet...)

7 years ago

Actually, the Canadian immigration website was crashed recently. If I remember right it was people actually wanting to move to Canada.

7 years ago

Meh. All the people around me are screaming about moving to Canada, or other places...going back to Mexico. None of them are actually going to do it. 

7 years ago

“The democrats are a bunch of pussies, thus making them so easy for Donald Trump to grab.” - Mizal

You're a true patriot.

*salute*

7 years ago

What have we done? We elected our first orange presisdent.

7 years ago
Orange is the new Black.

7 years ago

Oh god. That joke. It has been everywhere.

7 years ago
It's such a good fit though. Someone should make a bumper sticker.

7 years ago

Way ahead of you

I will sell these for 5$ each.

7 years ago

I still think your quote makes for a better bumper sticker.

7 years ago

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the white house will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron." - H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920.

We shouldn't really be surprised that he won, seeing as this was predicted to happen almost one hundred years ago.

On the bright side, at least this means that democracy is being perfected.

7 years ago

*is unsure whether to react with happiness or not*

Yay?

7 years ago
"War is a good thing, because it is honest, it admits the central fact of human nature…. A nation too long at peace becomes a sort of gigantic old maid."

Dude definitely would've voted Trump. Lol, especially with the alternative being a woman being pushed by the same party that put a person of color in office.

A quick skim of the wiki would suggest he was also not a fan of democracy in general, or at least the idea of the popular vote.

7 years ago

Ah... Well I suppose I probably should have actually done some research on him before copying that off of facebook.

7 years ago

Huh, just learned that Hillary actually received more votes. Not sure why that's not been brought up more.

7 years ago

They rigged it for Trump, so that Trump wouldn't call out the people who rigged it for rigging it, because he won.

7 years ago

If Hillary had won the electoral vote, and Trump had won the popular vote, the people complaining about it now wouldn't give two shits about how our system is so outdated.

7 years ago

If Trump had won the popular vote and lost the election, the people would have went mental and rioted mass scale. Clinton supporters are taking it fairly well.

7 years ago
Now I don't know about that. While Trump's meltdown would've been glorious to behold, rednecks don't generally riot. That's more of a hobby for...well, I figger you know the kind of people I mean, Steve. You bring them up a lot.

Seriously though, the screeching, table flipping, and impotent flailing of the Hillary fanatics has been the one positive outcome of this election. I've said it before, but I'm not sure there's anything Donnie boy can do that won't be more than made up for by the entertainment value of watching people be giant babies freaking out about it.

Actually, they really should all just go to Canada, no one likes a sore loser here in the good ol' US of A.

7 years ago

Already seen it. The electoral college is shit.

All I'm saying is that the people complaining about it now wouldn't be if Hillary had won.

7 years ago

Hillary got more popular votes, But Trump won the electoral votes. So, Hillary was more popular than Trump and more of us prefer her.

7 years ago
Food for thought: Trump got into office in much the same way Obama did. The votes of a lot of people who didn't usually bother voting, didn't generally didn't pay attention to politics, but were sick of the status quo and placing blind trust in someone who seemed different and was promising a change.

7 years ago

#DUMPTRUMP!

7 years ago

Why? Trumps the best. Lets go build that wall!!!

7 years ago

Image result for donald trump whos gonna build that wall meme

7 years ago

What is the point of this photo?

7 years ago

The guy building the wall is a mexican...

7 years ago

Ah, now i see. We all knew he was going to do that.

7 years ago
The guy in the photo looks pretty American to me?

7 years ago

Me too.

7 years ago

*Mexican-American.

7 years ago

Image result for donald trump whos gonna build that wall meme

7 years ago

I feel no remorse, or really any Bad emotion.

7 years ago
I mean, the smart thing to do would be to capture all the illegal mexicans as they try to cross and force them to build the wall, lol.

7 years ago
A lot of them are going to wind up as slaves anyway so this is a great idea!

7 years ago

Yeah! Go Trump!!

7 years ago

OMG U HAVE NO RESPECT FOR DEMOCRATS LIKE ME!!!!!!

7 years ago

What? Just because i like Trump doesn't mean i don't like democrats.

7 years ago

#ImWithThePatriarchy

7 years ago

I haven't looked at the idea much, but how plausible is offering illegals citizenship if they build the wall? (Assuming Trump goes through with it)

7 years ago
There's not going to be a wall.

This may come as a shock to you, but politicians often make promises they don't intend to follow through with.

7 years ago

It's obvious there's not. I was thinking of a situation of where, by some crazy chance, he did. I was simply curious if it was possible if illegals worked on it for their citizenship instead of just kicking them out. And with that too, I know Trump won't be able to just kick the illegals out. 

7 years ago
Not sure of the exact requirements, but work visas and green cards from an employer are already things that exist.

With visas are temporary, but five years with a green card = citizenship AFAIK. Let's not let perfectly good wall building jobs be taken from people who enter the country legally.

7 years ago

I figured that paying anyone a "good" (meaning as good as they'll take) salary would cost a ridiculous amount of money even if it was considered low pay. Especially if Trump would want to finish it ASAP. Longer time = less labor required. Less time = More labor required = major spending by government to get it done "quickly." 

I'm sure there are enough unemployed people in America to make up that labor, but if Trump wanted to cut costs then getting Illegals to build it might be easier. I don't know the other costs, so I suppose that the costs cut might not be that much in actuality. But that's kinda why I presented the question.

7 years ago

The blatant hypocrisy it would take to constantly berate the use of illegals as a workforce by companies trying to save money on underpaid workers, to than build a wall to prevent those illegals getting in so they can't be used as underpaid workers  by using them as underpaid workers  would literally kill logic.

7 years ago

Well since it hasn’t been said yet:

Marry Ivanka

Fuck Melania

Kill Tiffany

7 years ago
Well, that's incredibly easy.

7 years ago

Well it still was a toss up between Ivanka and Melania.

If I marry Ivanka, I get to be in league with a powerful family, but I'm also going to have to deal with the fact that Donald's probably still grabbing her by the pussy every now and then. Lol.

7 years ago

7 years ago

7 years ago

Beautiful...

7 years ago
I chuckled. I needed that :)

Edit:: I hate every god damn time I'm working on Chanbot I accidentally post cause I get distracted by the forums. This is bullshit every god damn time on any alt.

7 years ago

I guess you could Trump got a small loan of a million voters from Jill Stein

7 years ago
you a word

7 years ago

i cri

7 years ago

I've heard people say that Ivanka may eventually consider running for President. I think she'd be leagues better than her father.

Aside from that, I decided to do some research into Mike Pence. If there is anyone that you should be afraid of, it's him. The guy is a damn nutcase. Just keep that in mind when you're contemplating an assassination attempt on Trump. If anything, Trump may have done this on purpose. Choose a VP that's so insane that people won't want to kill you out of fear of allowing the VP to take the top position. Simply brilliant.

7 years ago

Hang on, you've supported trump for a while now unless I'm wrong, and presumably voted for him if you're of age or at least encouraged others to vote for him. How the fuck is now the best time to research who you voted for VP?

Anyhow, the fact that you find it brilliant that you think the president doing this, putting the whole country on a royally fucked course if he dies in a supervision esque "the detonator activates when my heart stops, Mr Bond," horrifying blackmail that won't even deter the unthinking fuck who tries to kill the President of the U.S. is fucking terrifying.

7 years ago

To be fair, if I was running for president, I'd definitely make Danaos my VP choice.

7 years ago

Do you really think that me being your VP would deter assassins?

7 years ago

You're right.

I'll make Mizal my VP instead.

7 years ago

That's just even more idiotic. You'd immediately be offed by Mizal.

7 years ago

Mizal's too fucking lazy to write a story, I'm not going to worry about her plotting assassination.

7 years ago

With someone like Jimmy, Brenny, TSR or Ryder as your VP, you wouldn't have to worry about ever being assassinated. They're too ineffective at everything to actually cause such an inconvenience. And then everyone who says the word "Assassination" in your general direction would be lynched by the wary populous. Hell, it's an effective countermeasure against dissent. "What, do you want the VP to be in charge!? Kill this heathen and all his friends and family!"

7 years ago
Just go with a random noobie instead. Nobody will want them in your place.

7 years ago

Is this because you don't think the general populace would fear me enough to not kill you, or do you think that I'd just kill you myself? Hell, if anything, they might think that I'm the good guy.

7 years ago

LOL

NOBODY would think you're the good guy.

You're generally considered to be an outright sociopath dormant serial killer. So while I'm confident that absolutely nobody would want you in charge, I wouldn't trust you enough not to try to kill me.

Mizal on the other hand is unpopular enough that people would prefer me, but she's also lazy and really wouldn't want the headache of being directly in charge. 

As for the people Sent mentioned, most of them are cat rapers or pedos so I'm not associating with them. Jimmy is the only exception since he's just a plain old retard, but THEN I have to worry about Malk assassinating me since he likes black cock and would want another black president.

7 years ago
I've brought up thus exact scenario a few times. No, I don't think that's really why he chose Pence, but it's funny to think so.

Presumably you meant 'supervillain' only it was against your beliefs to read over your post again or edit, but that's WHY it would be so fitting. Trump is basically Lex Luthor.

Dammit Steve, you like villains, and wishing death to America is like your defining character trait. Quit with this faggy 'concern' and get on board with Team Trump.

7 years ago

Editing is for fags. Also, are you genuinely asking me to join with Trump based on my Death to America-ness. He's the president, so he's now the most American thing. No, my death to America attitude has allied me with the proud Clinton suppo... Hang on, that's as bad. Let me think about this. 

7 years ago

He chose Pence to appeal to the Ted Cruz brand of Republican conservatives. 

7 years ago

Well the Republicans might decide to impeach Trump so they can get Pence instead now they control Congress

7 years ago

From a purely logical standpoint, Pence was probably Trump's best choice (who was willing to run with Trump). He is is a rather generic Republican with quite a large history of serving in elected office. Additionally, he played clean-up for all of the instances where Trump said yet another idiotic statement. He's also as boring as Hell which provides a nice contrast with Trump.

Now, onto his beliefs that are seen as outside the norm... Well, he said this once "...Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior." OMG! He wants conversion therapy for homosexuals individuals!... Actually, this quote is taken out of context. Here's the entire quote: "Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior." Still, he doesn't support gay marriage, but his reason for that funding was to help prevent STDs which is significantly more acceptable. Oh, it was also in 2000.

For example in 2000, even Hillary Clinton said, "Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman. But I also believe that people in committed gay marriages, as they believe them to be, should be given rights under the law that recognize and respect their relationship."

Well, if this is one of your reasons for not liking Pence, then perhaps it isn't as unacceptable as you once thought. Also, when the RFRA was passed by the legislature, he signed the bill. When the legislature added onto the bill a protection for LQTB individuals, he signed that into law as well. He really isn't as bad as a few individuals make him out to be. (He also does not support the unconstitutional act of banning Muslims from entering the USA.)

7 years ago

Hang on, the rest of the quote doesn't change the context at all. The meaning of the sentence, that he wants to federally fund gay conversation camps, doesn't change with the rest of what he said. It only adds a bullshit reason that I doubt he even gives a shit about, and he wants to take money from organizations that are OK with gays.

7 years ago

7 years ago
Food for thought: In addition to being out of touch, extreme liberals are smug self-satisfied pricks too quick to demonize and dismiss anyone different from them, all the while patting themselves on the back for how enlightened and tolerant they are. This is why they not only failed to get their candidate in office, but were really surprised about it.

7 years ago

Our other favorite writing site:

http://figment.com/topics/646541-I-give-up

7 years ago

Oh, lovely. I just know this'll be craic to read.

7 years ago

I feel wounded and displeased.

Insides feel like icicles and gutted rabbits.

Ears ring with words that are not there but bite like cheese graters.

Grinding, grinding, grinding exposed nerves,

Shiny strips of flesh steam in the cold air, back turns to burrito filling.

Skin freezes- Face gets hot.

Fist clenches, teeth drenches, eyes boil out of my head.

Triggered, triggered by triggers, grating, grating, grating...

Woe, to be so abhorrently wrong on the internet.

7 years ago
Hahaha, I'd forgotten all about these people. Yesss, feed me your tears...

7 years ago

I feel your pain guys... But since I'm English, I just get to roll my head back and laugh. Awh, you poor bastards! You've got him for four fucking years! ... Well, have fun guys! Best get to Canada quick before they have to build a wall to keep you guys out. ^_^

7 years ago

You're just happy because America replaced Britain as the number one contestant for the 'Political Blunder of the Year' award, aren't you?

7 years ago

Yeah, I guess Donald Trump does make Brexit look slightly less embarrassing. cheeky

7 years ago

As someone who didn't leave the EU, I have similar sentiment for you.

7 years ago

Touche ^_^

7 years ago

Actually, I'm always a bit surprised by the number of conservative leaning young people on this site.

I thought you all were supposed to be a bunch of bed wetting, furry loving, Anita worshipping, gender fluid, triggered SJW degenerates.

7 years ago

Whoa Whoa Whoa, did you just assume I'm not? I am so triggered and you are about to feel the wrath of me and my wolfkin pack. 

7 years ago

Peace and tolerance, man. Peace and tolerance.

Anita Bryant....?

7 years ago

Meh, we already have a "basket of deplorables" on here. Trump lost the 18-24 age range (Millennials) by about 20 points which really isn't that much in comparison to previous elections. Perhaps this generation is more conservative than previously thought.

Plus, Gen Z (which includes the younger folk and possibly includes those born from the 90s onwards depending on the measurement) seems to pretty pretty damn conservative based off the the few studies conducted. I'm too lazy to find my sources, so here's Wikipedia and a news article. Essentially, they are more socially conservative, profess a higher rate of church attendance, like their privacy, and like saving money. We'd have to go back to your grandparents or great-grandparents to find generally the same generic views.

(If you find any contradictory information, please show me. I'd love to read it, for this topic interests me.)

7 years ago

I just want to keep my guns.

Let everything else fall.

I was actually kind of rooting for Trump deep inside as it would be positive for the police force. Authoritah rulez.

7 years ago

I've actually met a helluva lot more liberal old people and conservative kids around here. Mostly seems to be because we have a lot of people who were involved in the cultural shift of the 60s back when, and a lot of farmers' kids who stay with the more opinionated of two grandpas and rev up the bass speakers to Tim McGraw.

7 years ago

I'm not worried about what Trump will do directly. I doubt he realizes how much money any of the things he is proposing will cost. He's gone into bankruptcy four times, I believe, and that worries me, what with our already deep debt. Some of the things he says, like taking away women's right to vote, could only happen if all male politicians are sexist pigs, because they would need to pass it. They are not, hopefully. Deporting 11 million people isn't exactly an easy task either.

I'm, a little selfishly, worried about myself. I am Hispanic, and I go to a school that is full of different races. However, I'm in all gifted classes, and the only other non-white person in any of my classes is one black person in my history class. Needless to say, I get a lot of things like "Go back to Mexico" or "No, but where are you really from" or "Can we get your perspective on this, since this hits a little closer to home with you rather than us?". I'm from Canada. Canada.

So, with Trump's election, I got a lot of racist comments, particularly from these three short boys who were super pale. They look like little goblins. Anyways, I've begun to get worried because today, one of them heard me murmuring in Spanish, because I am fluent in both Spanish and English. He started mocking me, and the other two joined in. The entire class was laughing, and the teacher? He's lazy and did nothing about it. In that moment, I felt so small, and I said to them, "I know it's hard, but can you shut up for once?" They started laughing and told me that Trump was going to deport me. I'm legal, even if I am an immigrant from Canada. I'm extremely legal. 

Call me selfish, but I'm terrified. The president is a role model for what we can and cannot do for some people. To see Trump go up to that podium and openly say so many hateful things not just about Mexicans, but about all people of the Hispanic race, which he somehow thinks are all from Mexico? I don't really understand what he thinks. My point is, if he does that for all four years, that tells everyone else that it's okay to do it. And I'm terrified for what that will mean for me.

7 years ago

Those were all HIGHLY TACTICAL, business-style bankruptcies! Trump would like to assure us all that his businesses never failed, he just wanted to make sure he didn't have to pay anyone.

7 years ago

Okay. That makes sense.

7 years ago

Why is this still a thing? I thought it'd be common knowledge by now since Trump openly admitted to taking advantage of the law in order to save money.

7 years ago

That was taxes. If your idea of "saving money" is not paying people for things they spent years of their lives building for you, that's a very different problem..

7 years ago

As much as a scumbag as Trump is, he's never said we should take away women's right to vote, to my knowledge. Sounds like just some more of the slander against him, which annoys me, because he's already shitty enough that there's no need to make up stuff and it just kind of poisons the well.

7 years ago

Couldn't have said it better myself, Steve.