Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Attention Newbies: January is Open Season!

2 years ago

Well, might as well make a list at this point. First come first served. If someone does challenge me to a duel, then I would like to include point wagers in addition to Mizal's already perfectly presented and delivered duel structure. 

First come, first served. If these people are still willing in the new year, then I will throw my gauntlet in the ring and take on each and every one. Anyone else that would like to join in, then feel free. 

Soy No More

Perforated Penguin

WizzyCat

Pearlcatcher

Shadowdrake

Voldy

Soy No More again

T man

stargirl

FemWolverine

Lux

Abgeofriends

Matthaeus

Corgi (the best DM)

If there is someone here that might also be interested, then fell free to tag them and if the would like to, I will add them to the list.

2 years ago

Sure, I'm down. :)

2 years ago

Sure, why not. Locked

Edit: Well now I can't edit that post.

2 years ago
I guess I'll take over maintaining this list, nobody could have replied without edit locking it.

I'm going to tentatively bet that Wizzy is going to be the only real challenge, but who knows, these noobs might surprise me as a potentially infinite number of them continue to pile on.

Dueling explained for new arrivals:

A genre and prompt will be provided, you and Ebon will each write a short story of 2500 words or less and send it to me. I'll make a new thread and post the stories anonymously for community voting.

Commendations for all participants (possibly for voters too if get imclude well thought out feedback), bragging rights and possibly points to the winners.

2 years ago

Thank you. 

2 years ago

I guess I'll add briefly that newbs aren't the only people I'm willing to duel. They have the least to lose by doing this, so there might be more of them here, but my invitation extends to everyone on the site. Heavy weights and newbs alike. Everyone should feel free to come and wager their pen and points agaisnt my own. 

2 years ago
*against

But yes, usually care is taken to make sure duelists basically match in some kind of proven way due to the wide ranges of age and skill level on the site, Ebon is sort of a special case in insisting hw be allowed to fight anyone.

Definitely no longer limited to just noobs or children anymore, his horizons have been WILDLY broadened now, forever.

2 years ago

Well there goes my attempt at a quick edit before anyone noticed.

2 years ago

I haven't been active around here recently, but I've been lurking in all of these little duels. While I have no quelms with you, I would love to be put on a bracket should this turn into a tournament. My chances of winning are probably very low, but this format seems  like a fun challenge. If a bracket is made then throw me on the list! Hopefully I can make some time to actually write in Janurary... 2500 words shouldn't be too bad.

2 years ago

I don't think it will end up being too brackety unless Mizal changes the format a bit. Welcome back, and welcome to open season.

2 years ago

Yeah, well, one can hope! Being in a duel for the fun of it will be fun enough though. We will see how it goes.

2 years ago
Duels usually are just a one and done thing, the brackets only happened because there happened to be two pairs of people dueling at once. Usually everyone is far too apathetic for such a thing.

2 years ago
I'll fight. Sign me up.

2 years ago

6 so far. At this rate these might carry into February.

2 years ago
Put me down a second time right after Voldy.

2 years ago

Honestly Im more or less on your side but I feel you've talked a bit too much shit about short stories.so I'll throw my hat in the ring. Just to be clear no hard feelings best of luck and I hope you crush most of these people.

2 years ago

@mizal am I allowed to enter this time around? If so, then I want Soy to battle me before he goes to Ebon. If he cannot even defeat a libcuck like me, then he really has no chance. It also saves Ebon the effort.

For some reason, Soy has gained the fascinating ability of irritating the heck out of me.

2 years ago
Yeah, he really should have just joined Ebon's January open duel thing and then left it at that. It was like watching an okay villain monologue for way too long. There was no earning of tearing Ebon down so hard, in my opinion. And I was even joining him in trying to convince Ebon to just accept it.

2 years ago
This is Ebon's thread for challenging Ebon, I request that people please not interfere with the process. Anyone is free to challenge Ebon here for any reason. If you really want to put on your armor and joust someone else in defense of his honor, you will need to arrange that with them elsewhere.

I must say I find it an odd thing to want to enter a writing duel in defense of someone who will consider your efforts trash and a waste of time that prove nothing about REAL writing, but you do you. Ebon's time is more valuable than yours so I suppose it's just as well you spare him the burden of doing this for himself.

But I support feuds and spite writing as a rule, whatever the source, so I hope you can get Soy to agree. I don't see how he can really refuse.

2 years ago

Like the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and "the lesser of two evils" goes, while I harbor a general vague disinterest/disdain for Ebon's cowardice, Soy really grates my nerves with his unprovoked and uncreative insults. Whining, screaming and spamming "faggot" like a spoilt child with a rattle is not the way to gain the title of the supreme edgelord or a good way to claw yourself out of your piling vile mass of debt. 

@soy_no_more , you're a disgrace to gen Z, just so you know. 

And I really want to get my own little feud/drama/story arc going and have beef with someone! (Since everyone else is doing it and Soy has plenty of time anyways.)

2 years ago
Every time I called him a faggot he wrote six paragraphs tediously explaining why he wasn't and even brought real homosexuality into it, proving he's too much of a braindead autist even for this site. I have things going on too, why waste my time with more when faggot leaves him triggered and making a fool of himself?

We're in the middle of driving 300 miles so I'm going to stick to reading today, and no I don't want to have your "beef" because now you just sound like a sex predator. But I will feud with you and duel you tomorrow. Or it can start whenever if there's three days.

But how about you moving this to a diferent thread like Mizal said. I don't think you HAVE to be retarded to be a libcuck, but you aren't very good at reading instructions.

2 years ago

I'll join, I haven't been that active here in a while and I need to write more, this will be a good opportunity. 

2 years ago
Awesome, I look forward to reading whatever you come up with!

2 years ago
I'm in! Can you schedule me around mid to late december? (Anytime after that is fine too :), haven't written a story in a while )

2 years ago
Nice, looking forward to another duel story from you!

As you can see there is quite the line now though, and these won't start until January. Hopefully it won't interfere with your classes.

2 years ago
Thanks! :)

Probably not, the finals are usually in March or April, so I'm good

2 years ago
Yes! I am up for the challenge.

2 years ago

Bruh

2 years ago
I'll throw in my gauntlet just because I think these duels are fun.

2 years ago

Welcome, welcome

2 years ago
Can I join the competition? I am up for the challenge!

2 years ago

I might as well enter. Seems fun

2 years ago
These are really adding up, we might have to experiment with threeway battles or something at this rate.

2 years ago

One larger Battle Royale mega duel could work: ten noobs go in, only one comes out. 

2 years ago
And who do you think is going to be reading all these?

Besides, it would be an affront to Ebon's honor or something I'm sure, he wants to defeat them in single combat.

2 years ago

In fairness it'd probably be less to read if it was a single mega duel. At this point Ebon has thirteen challengers and, assuming he battles them two on one (with the 13th challenger being a 1v1 with someone who has a chance of taking him on), that's 20 stories in total (13 for the challengers and 7 Ebon would have to write). If it's one big duel it'd only be 14 stories total and since only one would win it'd mean that's several of the lesser stories probably  wouldn't even be read once people realise they're not up to scratch. 
Then again there's no way I'd want anything to be detrimental to Ebon's honour of all things. 

2 years ago

Oh no. I'm with you on this one Green. Just because I'm "willing" to do so doesn't mean I really want to do some of these. I'd much prefer if there was some type of vetting process to make sure all of the fun ones get to me, and the pointless ones don't, but Mizal officialized this so it's her call on what flies I guess. 

2 years ago

I imagine some aren't going to show up anyway.

2 years ago
Oh, I find all of these fun.

2 years ago

Case and point. 

2 years ago
That's not how that phrase goes.

2 years ago
Yeah, it is. It's what a burglar does when he's showing his accomplice what house they're going to rob.

2 years ago

See, Daji gets me.

2 years ago

You can take me off the list. Mine isn't a gurduge match, so I don't mind it being canceled. I'll find someone to duel because of a personal vendetta eventually. 

2 years ago
There's only one grudge match, the others are just for fun, because they were invited. The vast majority of people on this site have no idea who Ebon is anyway, the increased visibility will be good for his quest.

2 years ago

I duel you, queer

2 years ago
Btw when are these duels starting?

2 years ago
"Attention Newbies: January is Open Season!"

January, it would seem.

2 years ago
This long wait isn't ideal, but when we get closer to the time I'll tag everyone on the list to see who's still interested.

2 years ago

Sounds good. I'll stay on the list for now and quietly drop out later if the line is too long... 

2 years ago

Oh, hey Corgi. Welcome.

2 years ago

Corgi has challenged your heterosexuality, and you don't defend it? Curious, to say the least.

2 years ago

I already stated I'm straight a few days ago. I shouldn't need to repeat myself everytime a dog comes barking...pun intended. 

2 years ago
But you'll do it for a cat?

2 years ago

I distinctly recall you saying this.

2 years ago

I also remember him saying this. Something about loving roses, too.

2 years ago
Oh good point, I remember this too! He had just stopped by briefly to tell us how knocking on all those doors was going.

2 years ago
Your profile might be a good place to set the record straight on your straightness, I'm not surprised it comes into question so often but it must be annoying to always have to explain.

2 years ago

Posting this just so you know I'm still down for these. December got super busy for me, but I should be able to do a duel each Monday-Wednesday chunk. However Mizal prefers. 

2 years ago

So when Is the duel? I just wanna know so I can mentally prepare.

2 years ago

I assume we're going in chronological order of challenges, so you're in a few weeks at least

2 years ago

Allright, Sounds good.

2 years ago

Hello all. I wanted to go ahead and start this process, and get some of these duels started. Our glorious mods do have lives, so I figured I'd just make the process for them a bit easier and gauge overall interest in this. 

@Soy_No_More

@PerforatedPenguin

@WizzyCat

@Pearlcatcher

@Shadowdrake27

@Voldy

@tmanaking

@stargirl

@FemWolverine

@Lux_Inferni

@Abgeofriends

@Matthaeus

@corgi213 

I think this is everyone. Respond if you would still like to duel. 

2 years ago

What Is going on can someone explain this to me?

2 years ago

OH a duel with stories, I get It now!

2 years ago

Of course!

2 years ago

It's Ebon season so yes

2 years ago
Hell yeah!

2 years ago

Idk why but I feel like I have been under a rock. does anyone know when these events will occour?

2 years ago

To be decided.

2 years ago

I'm still down.

2 years ago

Still interested in this.

2 years ago

I'm still up for the challenge. 

2 years ago

Yeah so Mizal isn't interested in any of this shit anymore due to Ebon flaking out for the contest since he essentially failed before he even started.

At this point she'd rather just see Ebon shut the fuck up and go away and I can't say I blame her. Ebon would have been better off staying dead with how much he's destroyed his own rep here.

HOWEVER

Green, in a desire to have more responsibility befitting of a Dark Lord's daughter, wants to oversee the contest and judge it.

HOWEVER

Also befitting of a Dark Lord's daughter she doesn't want to see poncy one on one faggotry that's going to take forever to judge. She wants instant gratification and blood.

So we're not having a bunch of duels, we're having a mass gladiator battle where everyone is going to just submit a story and Green will pick ONE winner.  

A new thread will be made later. Stay tuned!

2 years ago

True.