Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Myth and Religion Contest Results

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/31/2022 4:56:39 PM

Alright the results are in and I was actually surprised so many managed to get a story in. 11 out of 17 is pretty good. Would have had 12 if Wizzy hadn't fucked spectacularly.

But enough about the problems of the lesser born, here's the results. Sherbet was very fast and efficient as a judge.

And the winner is:

Celicni.

Yep, you fuckers let the crippled war criminal win. Good going guys.

But I'm sure this is the highest point of his life right now, so we'll let him have this moment.

I am pleased to say that none of you managed to do worse than the KAE interlopers. Though that was a simple enough task even for Ford's lazy ass given that one of them didn't even submit anything and the other was... Paradox.

Paradox did manage to put choices in his story this time even if he got them mixed up, so he's getting better. Watch out next contest folks, you might actualy have to put in TWO days worth of effort to beat him! (The struggle)

Here's the complete list.

1st: Celicni's 'Slavic Pagans' (6) 
2nd: DBNB's '99 Problems but a Girl Ain't One' (6) 
3rd: TypewriterCat's 'Prophetess' (5) 
4th: Gryphon's 'The Sea of Legends' (5) 
5th: Petros's 'Wrath of the Edomite' (5) 
6th: fresh_out_the_oven's 'The Gods are Angered' (4) 
7th: betaband's 'The City and the Tower' (3) 
8th: Yummyfood's 'Escaping The Pit of Sin' (3) 
9th: Axxius's 'Children of Cain' (2) 
10th: Ford's 'Whaat' (2) 
11th: Paradox_4's 'The Sins of our Fathers - part 1' (2)

Sherb was actually a pretty tough rater with nobody even getting higher than a 6. This just goes to show what happens when you have a merciless judge unswayed by particular story content and favorite themes. Or maybe you guys all just sucked that bad and he was forced to pick the least worst of the lot.

Anyway, might need to have Sherb do this all the time as I'm sure this only fueled his notorious lust for more power on here.

Also special shout out to DBNB who is proving to be one of the ones to watch for in these contests after just having entered two of them. All the first time noobs did alright too, probably most surprising was Typewriter cat, who joined fairly late and came in third.

Alright, that's it for this contest.

one year ago
Congrats, all! Especially to Cel, nice job with that one.

one year ago

Congratulations Cel! 
And congratulations TC! Wow, just wow.

I am also happy with my results, as I did not get last, and I managed to submit something (even though it was really really rushed). Yay, me

one year ago

This contest sure had a lot of "noobs" turning in surprisingly great stories. Good for the site.

Sherb sure was quick, efficient... and ruthless. Or perhaps we all just sucked, as End said. I prefer to think it's the former.

He sure is getting more and more power on the site. Tiebreaker last time, official judge this time (and unofficial decider of who counts as relevant), what's next, admin powers?

Congrats to everyone that submitted, great shame to anybody that didn't.

I finally get a contest winner trophy, yay <3

Also now that it's been a while, my post in the previous contest results thread had a secret message in it. Read the first letter of every new paragraph.

one year ago

Congrats

one year ago
Well done Ford

one year ago
thanks you too

one year ago

Congrats Cel! Nice work!

Next time I will have to hire a person to hit you with a car, then I might have a chance.

Congrats to everyone else who submitted a story.  

SHAME to those who entered and did not.

one year ago

Well, I just finished rating and reviewing all the entries, so I wanted to say good work to all (even paradox whose entry was less bad than his last one)  I truly enjoyed reading through them all.

It took me a day or so to get to Cel's, mostly because I got distracted by Tales from the Basement 2, which is amazing (But, don't read that one at work, it's way too funny).

Cel's story is really worth the read also.  Slavic Pagans

one year ago

You and Petros have really been putting in the work to read all these and leave comments. Nice job.

And thank you.

one year ago
Congratulations to all who were not SHAMED, and an extra congratulations to Celicni for winning. Reading through these was very fun, always nice to have new storygames around here, so these contests are great. Thanks End.
To anyone who submitted, you're going to want to keep your stories up for a while, or else a nightmarishly powerful penguin may eat your points.

one year ago
Congratulations Celicni!

And congrats to everyone else, I guess. I’m going to try to read and review everyone’s story by the end of the week.

one year ago

This is acceptable

one year ago

Yep, and you almost just accepted the shame pit.

one year ago

Indeed. Anything is better than the SHAME pit. Congrats on second. I was rooting for you.

one year ago
Congrats @Ford , nicely done.

one year ago
thanks, you did great too.

one year ago

Now all we need is for people to actually read and rate these stories, so they can at least get ten ratings. I know leaving a comment is too much to handle for the average IQ around here, but if some of you can manage that, it would be a pleasant surprise.

EndMaster has also just released a story and if that doesn’t reach ten ratings soon, I'm just going to start mass-banning you useless fags, starting with least valuable. Because that is a horrible sin.

Starting with Ford, of course.

one year ago

Somehow I'd forgotten about that, but I've rated it now. 

one year ago

Done. I only did one path and it happened to be pretty short, but I definitely liked what I read.

one year ago

Good, good.

one year ago
Are you pleasantly surprised yet?

one year ago

It's not bad for a Warden. You're like the one person leaving comments that are commendable atm for the new contest entries.

one year ago
Not bad for a Warden summarizes my existence nicely

one year ago

Well Chris is a prideful Warden. Maybe you should take lessons from him.

one year ago
Good idea

one year ago

Congratulations to everyone, and two congratulations to Celicni.

one year ago

Congrats to Cel, and everyone who entered!  Congrats to all the noobs as well, strong first showing!

one year ago
Congrats Cel, you did great. And hats off to those who managed to avoid the damned Shame Pit.

one year ago

Wow so fast, slept through the entire thing. Congrats Celcini!

one year ago

Congrats to Cel, congrats to everyone who submitted something, but most importantly: congrats to Ford

one year ago

Congratulations, Celicni, on your well-deserved win! And well done to everyone who submitted and avoided the Pit of Shame, especially those who joined a contest for the first time.

one year ago
Big congrats to Cel! I was rooting for you!

one year ago

I know I'm a bit late, but congrats to everyone who entered and especially to Celicni. Even if your story sucked, at least you didn't have to go to the pit of shame. 

one year ago

I know you probably meant that second sentence to be one for the general populace, rather than me specifically, but for a second I really wondered what the hell I did to you to attack me so.

one year ago

Lol

one year ago

Well, perhaps your 69 ending really had an effect

one year ago

I really do not recommend stargirl or other underage members read my story.

That means you, too, Peng.

one year ago

Immediately goes and reads it of course.

one year ago
Pretty good way to get a read through, I’ll read it like tonight

one year ago

oops

one year ago

Way to corrupt the youth Cel.  Nicely done.

one year ago

To be honest, it was one of your more family friendly games. There was only one instance of special sibling activities. ^_^

one year ago

You being the expert on this particular subject lol.

one year ago

lol, no I meant the other people. Your story was fine. 

one year ago

May as well use this temporary revival of the thread to point out Gryphon and Petros' stories don't have 10 ratings yet. I hope someone will fix this injustice.

I'll get around to them... eventually. Currently busy with Tales 2.