Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Alright, I need to rant. Because this stuff is getting on my nerves.

So, in my school, we have to do this thing called "B.P.I." What the hell is that? You may ask. Its basically a online database where you have to go through your ENTIRE High School career and upload everything "important". Well, considering we only started this stupid stuff LAST YEAR, I don't have jack-squat to put in there.

Issue number 2, we're doing this thing called IXL, and it makes you feel like a child (yes I know, I am, but I'm 17 and a 1/2 so I feel adult-ish.) I literally got a question asking about basic multiplication. I'm in a A2 class, so I'm not supposed to be asked about basic Multiplication.

I sound like I'm whining, but seriously, this school doesn't know what their students are feeling, or thinking. Thank you for your time.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
This was the most boring rant, didn't live up to the title at all. 2/8.

You'll need to improve your rant or else write a fresh one about something more interesting, or this thread will be unpublished for low ratings.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Go ahead, I reposted with a reworked title. I'm sorry about the inconvenience

I guess that's a fitting name.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Hey just be glad that your school has working technology most of the time. In my first three years of secondary school, they didn't even have WIFI. The computers were so slow and heavy that they only can open microsoft word before spacing out and it wasn't even possible to print stuff and papers on them.  The year before me noted their grades and homework on a huge classroom book, because my school hadn't thought that online apps were a thing.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

We use ixl too, it's so boring.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Man, really getting old. Didn't have any of this stuff in school.

Just a "permanent record" that you got threatened with whenever you did something wrong.

Anyway, yeah rant was lame. Come back when you're getting canceled in school for using the wrong pronoun or involved in a mass shooting that's all the rage in schools nowadays.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Fun story about that, I've met a person who uses "Rawr/Rawrself" pronouns... I'm a pretty inclusive fella, but that kinda threw me for a loop. And when I dared to accidentally use he/him pronouns, I was made out to be the reincarnation of Hitler.

My god this country is screwed.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

did they (rawr) use any other pronouns like they/them or is it strictly rawr/rawrself

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
It was strictly rawr/rawrself. They... sorry, rawr even got mad at me when i offered to use they/them pronouns

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

I respect people using xenopronouns, but if you're only going to use one set, you have to expect that people won't use them. Honestly they/them is neutral so I don't know why someone wouldn't be ok using those?

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
I don't know. But it makes me want to self-immolate

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Lmao, I'm stealing that 'self-immolate' line.

Honestly though anyone who uses anything other than he/she/they can get bent, I'm not gonna be caught dead saying that xe/xi/xo/xum I smell the blood of cis scum shit unironically.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Completely off-topic, but is your username named after a sword? If so, cool. If not, well... oops.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Yep it is, good catch; I'm a pretty big history/fantasy enthusiast and I've always thought zweihander sounds cool, even though it just means 'two hander'. I actually like flamberges more as a sword, but the name is just kinda lame and gives me metrosexual vibes.

Here's where I would ask something about your username but I'm honestly not sure what a 'proctor' is without a google search, nor why said proctor is the color red. A communist proctor perhaps, here to finally bring down the detestable bourgeoisie? My curiosity is piqued.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Ah good catch as well my friend. I am a communist, well, democratic communist. And, a proctor is kinda like a watcher. So the username means "communist watcher". I am yearning to bring down the "Detestable Bourgeoisie" but I feel a more... Democratic approach would be suitable.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

It's admirable how daily you strive to be the biggest faggot on Earth

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

there's gotta be one tranny that sticks around more than a week

but for real y'all can be a bit nicer about this

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Dark only stirs from his siesta to call someone a faggot every two months or so, you'll live.

Although I should say it's nothing to take lightly, once he slew a mighty admin with a mere sling and a slur.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Actually we've had several trannys stick around for years.

One of them was even an admin briefly. That was during the dark time of course.

Another one started out as a wannabe rapping wigger, so when he became a tranny he was actually less annoying.

And the other major one mostly flaps about lurking a lot.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

I'm trans and I've been here a couple months so far (after lurking for a few years).

I really don't get the neopronouns thing at all.  The english language already has four pronoun options, and two of them are gender neutral.  The argument is that not respecting someone's personal precise neopronoun is going to give them anxiety, but language has NEVER been perfectly clear and precise.  It's just meant to be an approximation to facilitate clear communication.  And using neopronouns is anything BUT clear communication.

I mostly just feel bad for those people though.  There's some really misleading information on the internet, and it's way too easy for anxious and depressed teens to fall prey to this kind of thing.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Well damn, and here Bondo thought he was going to get to be the token good one. You really crushed his little dreams today, can you hear the sad muffled ribbits?

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

This is a real special occasion and calls for a reward!

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Lol, thanks for the points!

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Lol, how is Bondo no longer the token good one/I am the token good one?

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Yes, the good one is you, congrats. You joined the site and started writing featured reviews while bondo was still shaking over the m/f option at registration.

However he's come a long way so I'll award him the title of secondary emergency backup token good one.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Bondo never was the token good one since he severely fucked up during his first few months here. Though surprisingly he didn't just run away like so many others and given how persistent he is in sticking around, he was heading in that direction.

You however have already written two puzzle stories (Thus fattening up that category) with one actually featured. And you haven't acted like a whining retard, so you're ahead of the game already.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

@mizal and @ (obligatory space) Endmaster:

Lol, thanks!  Glad to hear I haven't been making any of the traditional noob mistakes

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
That's because the main demographic of that neopronoun stuff is anxious/depressed teens who want to feel special and have a nice little excuse to tard rage at any human being that doesn't buy into their delusions. Though misinformation and the like are definitely to blame for it. I'll respect people's pronouns but not when they demand to be called a star or an emoji or some shit lik that.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
It's the internet so anyone can easily introduce themselves as anything they want and it won't be questioned, but the catch is it still has to be something that exists.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
You should call him every single pronoun you can think of except rawr/rawrself if she's going to react like that. I don't understand why people feel so insecure over a damn pronoun anyway.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

I'm not saying we need to bring back bullying, but back when bullying was a thing, no one would demand to be called "rawrself".

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
This is a very good point.

Maybe it doesn't need to be bullying exactly, maybe just shaming and shunning? Those have played important roles in discouraging fucktarded behavior in every culture in human history.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

What gender is rawrself anyway? Meat?

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
I don't know honestly. But it's a bunch of hoopla and folly

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
K-12 is a glorified daycare service.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
OP, have you tried letting a black guy get your girlfriend pregnant? I feel like that would really improve what I'm reading here.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

You haven’t yet encountered the joys of having to ask for recommendations for literally anything. 

Being at the mercy for your scholarships that you should be entitled to since you meet the brown person and gpa requirements. Having to beg as they stare down at you smugly, knowing your fate is in their hands.

Pffft. I'm sure you have something to put in this portfolio sounding thing. Talk about your time on CYS, and how it made you a better writer and person.

Then tell them about our great points program. It's the fast track to real-life financial success. However, do not quote me on that. They'll just have to believe it really hard and make accounts, and then inquire about the programs that do in fact exist on here. Again, do not quote me on this. I am just a humble college intern reading off of the cue cards they've given me.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Ok, not sure if you would like potential solutions or just wanted to rant, but if it's the latter, here are some things I'll suggest.

Issue 1:
Educational institutes like community hours. I'm sure you can do a google search for some activities that could give you community hours (I've encountered some that give you hours for just making a poster about social issues, writing letters to front-liners, etc). Or you could peer tutor another student; my friend and I 'peer tutored' each other for different subjects to get hours. Well, basically we do our assignments together sometimes while cheating the system to get community hours lol. 

You could join competitions too, whether it's for writing, music, debate, art, academic tests, etc. At the very least, you'll get a certificate of participation. That's still something to add. Like Thara mentioned, scholarships are great things to add too! Even a high academic average or being on the honour roll may be possible things to put since those seem 'important'. Oh, and depending on your school, you might be able to add extracurricular activities too.

If all else fails, just start up a mini NGO for fundraising during your spare time. That worked quite well for me so far (though this may be rather time-consuming).

Issue 2:
To be honest, I prefer courses that are way too easy than those that are overly challenging. After all, just take the exams and do well, while challenging yourself to more difficult concepts outside of class time. Not only do you get a whole lot of free time that you can spend on writing, reading, or cultivating other hobbies, but you can focus specifically on the subjects you're interested in instead of striving to succeed in a number of courses you don't particularly like.

Good luck!

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Unfortunately most schools don't care what their students feel or think. A considerable dose of prescribed Copium on a daily basis might be suitable for you. I have heard my younger cousin whine about IXL before so I guess it is a pain for y'all.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
I agree kinda boring rant tbh

While I've never used BPI, I have used IXL and I'll say it's alright. Not the best tool for learning but it's okay and I personnally like being able to just work problems based around whatever concept is being tested.

Though I have no idea how you'd be asked a multiplicaiton question since how IXL works is you click on a concept then answer questions about it, so I have no idea there.

One thing that confused me is that you are in A2 (which I'm going to assume means Algebra 2) and you're 17. For reference I'm 15 and also in Algebra 2. This is normal if you're just an old junior, but if your a senior (at least where I am) then you should have taken algebra 2 the year before. Just something I thought was odd.

As far as your point that school doesn't know how to teach, well duh. That topic has been beaten to death time and time again. School is good at what it is trying to do, teach you the things it thinks are important. Whether or not those things are actually important is another issue, but I'm of the opinion that knowledge for it's ownsake is pretty cool, so I don't really have a problem with that kind of thing.

Either way you know the rant is lame when my response is longer than your "rant"

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
I kinda regret writing my rant tbh. It's very lame and I had a million other things to rant about, like the aforementioned neo-pronouns hoopla, and I really have no room to bellyache when there are 17yr olds out there who know squat about basic maths. I do wish that the admins went through with their idea and deleted it, but oh well.

And you're right to be confused, because I'm a senior in a A2 class. The reason for that is that I took a extra History course and didn't take A2. Which I am paying for now.

And I know that school doesn't teach you jack-squat, but I like screaming into a echo chamber. I do apologize for wasting ya'll's time.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

Considering Bono and Ace are posting in the thread, your rant still isn't the lamest thing in it.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
@TheRedProctor Where'd that avatar pic come from? I like it.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Aw hell I can't remember. It was my discord pfp for a solid four years. But I can't remember exactly where I got it from.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

this is what I found https://www.deviantart.com/arliensnowshade/art/Mythical-tree-262876265

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago
Ah yes... Devianart. Jesus christ.

Rant of the Lameness

2 years ago

It was the only result when I reverse image searched it.