Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS Weekly Staff Lounge (Staff only!)

7 years ago

This is it! The place for staff to chat and work on their projects and discuss them. This will be the base of operations, and following this post will be the list of current 'employees'.

When I am away, I will expect my manager Seto and deputy manager Kingler1140 to continue it and ensure everything runs smoothly.  If you are not Staff, then I ask you to either turn away now, or go and sign up to be part of our team! The links are below.

'The CYS Weekly' was an old project of mine that I set up almost two years ago. I was very inexperienced and quite immature. It was a small team that worked on it, and eventually it died out at the fault of several causes. 

After it died, many more similar projects popped up, but they eventually died off as well. The CYS Weekly was CYS's first paper, and it inspired a few more to come after it. Now, I am restarting the project, in hopes of having this back up, and having fun writing it.

Bringing back CYS weekly thread: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/20292

7 years ago

Nice.

7 years ago

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPLY TO THIS POST. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY THEN REPLY TO THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE. THANK YOU.

Reporters: Charaxes

Writers: Eshpoyeofdoom

Interviewers: Zaghero, Mrmustachio

Back-up reporters: 

Comedy writers: Gatman, with help from Zaghero

Forum game reviewers: Ford, ISentinelPenguinI

Story-game reviewers: Will11, Darkspawn, Seto, Wizzycat

Art and reading: Amtastic

Updates and announcements: Canadianmilk

Editors: Lancelot

Manager: Seto

Deputy manager:  Kingler1140

RetiredRetired staff: None.

7 years ago

hehehe now I can steal your secrets for my newspaper

7 years ago

Yeah, it's a public forum. 'Staff only!' is unenforceable and will be about as effective as demanding nice comments only on a story.

7 years ago

I think it's more or less a courtesy tag. Like those signs people hang up for trick-or-treaters which say, "Please take only one. Thank you. :)"

7 years ago

Wooo! I can finally start lounging around and complain about how our rival paper is being a sell-out!

Just kidding. I can't wait for my first assignment though. smiley

7 years ago

Yay! Finally! :D

7 years ago

Man, that rival paper The Daily Choose is such a freakin' sell-out. wink

7 years ago

The Daily Choose?
Charaxes, now I'm imagining a Choose Your Own Newspaper...xD

7 years ago

Extra Extra! Read all about it! Did the mayor actually commission a statue of the town hero to be erected over the ruins of an abandoned Macky's? If he did, read the article about it on page 2. If he didn't, read the article on page 4.

7 years ago

I flip to page two.

Did the statue of the hero actually fall on the actual hero during the unveiling of said statue after it was done?

If it did, flip to page 5. If not, flip to page 12.

7 years ago

God, we're such a factual and reliable source.

7 years ago

XD That we are. 100% factual and reliable ever since 1850.

7 years ago

Of course. That was when CYS was founded, after all!

Unless it wasn't, in which case, turn back to page 8.

7 years ago

Turns to page 8

If you believe this newspaper, Choose Your Newspaper, is 100% made up, flip to page 666. If not, continue to the next page, 10.

What do you mean there is no page 666?

7 years ago

There are no death pages. You just have to keep looping until you find something loosely resembling a factual pat of events!

7 years ago

Anyways, tagging people.

@Charaxes @Eshpoyeofdoom 

@Mrmustachio @Gatman @Zaghero @Ford 

@ISentinalPenguinI @Will11 @Darkspawn @Wizzycat 

@Amtastic @Canadianmilk @Lancelot @Kingler1140

7 years ago

There are many ways to spell my username, but only one of them will tag me.

7 years ago

Ooh. Sorry. I just copied and pasted the stuff Jay put.

I know how to spell your name..just wasn't paying much attention and I didn't catch that >.>

7 years ago

@ISentinelPenguinI

There, I helped! :D

7 years ago

Yes, yes you did xD

7 years ago

I await my first assignment.

7 years ago

You will be working with Eshpoyeofdoom. If he sees fit, as Zag has already answered him. Check with them.

7 years ago

Yeah.....this is a public forum, okay?

7 years ago

This is ludicrous!

7 years ago

That is your opinion, and whatever you think is fine. I take no offense.

7 years ago

Okay, but, shouldn't we use pm for this? Or at least for the articles themselves?

7 years ago

The articles, yes, will be PM, but discussion and organization of everything will be mainly here, as well as just plain chatting.

Here people will be able to discuss their projects and ideas with not just the editor or their partner, but other staff, as to have an easy way to openly discuss things, and as before, it's also a place to talk and hang out with other staff.

If it seems needed, then I will ask a mod to take this down, but for now I'll see how this goes.

7 years ago

Well it's good there's a place for organizing, now I suppose it's time for those running things to start organizing, giving people their assignments and getting things into an organized routine? :) Otherwise this place will get filled with whatever most Lounge Threads with hundreds of posts usually get filled up with :)

7 years ago

Feel free to fill me in on my assignment as soon as you are able.

7 years ago

You may choose whichever game you want. I don't have any specific game in mind, so go ahead. Just make sure to tell me so I can check if anyone else took it, and maybe try a story-game other than one that's featured in its category.

7 years ago

Geez... that took some time. I almost thought the whole thing died.

Well anyways, I'm a writer and I need an interviewer as a 'partner'. So yah.

@Zaghero

@Mrmustachio

7 years ago

Eyy.

I got you Fam.

Who do I interview?

7 years ago

@jaystarthecat

7 years ago

You should probably tag @Seto 'cause he's manager.

7 years ago

Anyone you think is interesting c: 

7 years ago

And is 5 questions the minimum or the maximum?

7 years ago

5 questions is the minimum. If you cant ask someone at least five interesting questions, that get five interesting answers...well, you should probably find someone else, don't you think? :P 

Also, you can ask more than the maximum of questions. You can only submit 10 questions however, if you kind of get what I'm saying. Little tired right now ^^;

7 years ago

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

7 years ago

Since we don't have assignments yet, I was thinking about writing an article compiling the coolest female protagonists we have on this website. Thoughts?

7 years ago

That sounds like a good idea.

7 years ago

I'm currently writing an article about how to create suspense.

7 years ago

Would you like to join as a writer? Fine by me

@Seto @jaystarthecat @Kingler1140

7 years ago

The first paragraph of the Wolves II is the most suspenseful thing I ever read. I'm really looking forward to this!

7 years ago

Wow, Mizal, I can't handle your savagery! Cunt... only joking!

7 years ago

Maybe it would be a good idea to give out the assignments on here every Monday with everyone having to submit by Friday to publish on Saturday, that way if there are any things that people don't submit then the editors have a day to get someone else to write it? Like the interviewers/writers have a set person to interview, the story game reviewers have a set number of story games to review, the comedians a set number of jokes to write etc? It'd make life a lot easier for the future if things were kept simple and structured :)

7 years ago

I feel this entire newspaper is going to slowly fall apart as Will keeps suggesting the obvious best path forward and no one will listen, or at best he'll be the Sacagawea but back when no one brought up how she did everything.

7 years ago

Yeah I pm'md that having Writers and Interviewers was redundant (why doesn't the Interviewer just say "and today I interviewed..." and publish the interview?) and deputy/back up roles etc were pointless. It depends what people want, if people want to create a good quality weekly news thing they will or if they just want to chat, play weird silly games and enter into bizarre rivalries they'll do that instead :D

Either way makes no difference to me because unlike when I was doing the Review I don't have a lot of free time to contribute a massie amount to this :( I like the idea of having tons of people to begin though because when I tried to do the Review I found it was just too much work for one person so a group collaboration is a good idea. What I imagine is that either some people will drop out, the right people will be found for the right roles and make a good work group or it'll just be another Thread that makes the Lounge interesting for a bit before fading away before the next big distraction.

But I'm (frequently wildly and insanely) optimistic :)

7 years ago

Thanks for the praise btw, I like Sacagawea but I often think it'd have just made more sense if she'd led Lewis and Clark into an ambush, the Indians could have got all their stuff and there'd have been a few less geographically informed invaders for the Native Americans to deal with... sorry. For some reason that post just got weirdly dark :P

7 years ago

Will11, why don't you come and work at the CYS TIMES? We have great service.

7 years ago

This was all expected, really. This is more of a roleplay thing for them than a serious attempt at writing a newsletter. I know the ones you did were time consuming but there's something to be said for knowing what you want to do and just doing it.

7 years ago

You're right, it was time-consuming. I made an actual newspaper, an actual magazine and it was all ruined... by a dollar. So, I just made that crappy thing you saw.

I didn't understand that this whole thing was a joke.

7 years ago

If it's not clear, this time I was replying to Will.

Based on this and the PM I got about the other thread, you're still using non-threaded like a chump and ain't nobody got time for that.

7 years ago

I might go with some 8-bit comic strips, for more complex jokes I might send some to Zag.

7 years ago

Sounds like a plan, Stan.

EDIT: Wait, 8-bit? Like pixel art? Whoa, that sounds like it's going to be cool.

7 years ago

Yeah I have this thing on my laptop that designs 8-bit characters so I imagine a rectangle layout and the whole strip would be 8-bit.

7 years ago

Cool beans.

7 years ago

Come on boss! We need weed assignments!

7 years ago

I think you get to review whatever game you want, just make sure you don't do the same as the others.

7 years ago

Does the same to for interviewing members?

7 years ago

I guess?

7 years ago

Apologies to everyone for my absence, my family went out of town for about 24 hours, and I just now got back. Will has made an excellent suggestion, so in a moment I will try and organize some things here and there, then you may all start working on your projects if you wish.

I'll look into some things, then I'll post a due date for all your works to be handed in. I'll probably follow Will's advice as far as all that goes. Again, sorry for not posting. You can most likely expect any questions to be answered shortly. Thank you.

7 years ago

There's a decent chance that this will end in complete failure :P

7 years ago
...didn't someone say that exact thing when the first wave of newspapers came? o-o

decent chance is a bit of an understatement

7 years ago

Seems like a bunch of roles could be condensed into one, but that's just my opinion. In any case, I think Will11's system would work perfectly, so yeah...+1. Also would be nice to know as soon as possible if we indeed will be using it or what other deadlines we'd have to meet.

7 years ago

Official-ish Announcement:

So, its Monday already. I believe we have everything set up. So, I think we can start now. The deadline for submissions should be Wednesday, Thursday at the most to give our editor plenty of time to catch any mistakes and edit things. 

Here's a list of what each role is expected to do(Thank you Will):

-The Reporter chooses one aspect to write about the site and writes a 100 word article on it.

-The Interviewers each pick one site member to ask 5 to 10 questions and the Writer writes up their Interviews.

-The Comedy Writers provide a 100 word article of jokes or funny stories. 

-The Forum Game Reviewer(s) each provide a 100 word review of one forum game each. 

-The Story Game Reviewers each provide a 100 word review of one story game each. 

-Updates and Announcements are a work in progress and I think you should message Jaystar about what to do.

-Art and Reading is also a work in progress and you should message Jaystar on what to do. 

-Editor will have to wait until sometime around Wednesday-Thursday for everything, which either me or Jaystar will give to you.

Please note, I think we'd all rather have quality over quantity and if you believe whatever you've written is good enough, but doesn't reach the 100 word mark, message me. This is a writing site however, and I have ever belief that you can all do it ^-^ 

Message me or Jaystar if you have any questions about anything, or post in the thread here! 

7 years ago

Understood. 

EDIT: Actually, for me, it's still Sunday 8:56 PM.

7 years ago

This sounds great, and actually all the roles are exactly how I'd wanted. Thank you, Seto!

7 years ago

Only 100 words? That sounds pretty small. The article I'm working on is already 136 words. Is 100 words the minimum, or can I write something larger?

7 years ago

100 is definitely just the minimum, and a very small minimum at that! XD Feel free to write as much as you want c:

7 years ago

Anyone who can't manage at least 5 times that much should be fired IMO. What kind of alleged journalists are you people working with here?

7 years ago

True xD

I've never done this before, I'm probably going to adjust the minimums as needed.

7 years ago
If it's any help from a framing standpoint, most novels have 250-300 words per page.

7 years ago

Yeah, Seto's post is 261 words, just for reference. Thinking he's picturing 100 words as a lot more than it actually is.

7 years ago

Nah, I've been participating in Axiom's writing so I know 100 words is not a lot. 

7 years ago

100 words!? That's hardly a blurb! Especially when you're critiquing something! I'd ask you to sack Ford and give me his hundred words in addition, but it takes more than one person to form a forum game reviewer union!

7 years ago

So right now for the article I'm working on, 'Top 10 Female Protagonists in CYS', I'm debating on whether to put Suzy from Suzy's Strange Saga (Epilogue 13) on the tenth spot, or Suzy from Suzy's Strange Saga (Epilogue 7) on the sixth spot.

Thoughts? Or, would you guys like to nominate another route?

7 years ago

You could just write about Suzy in general, really.

7 years ago

The problem with that is that Suzy has no real cohesive personality. In each route, it's like she's a completely different character. She can range from a horndog to a badass and to a depraved incestuous cult mother just because you picked a different route.

I'm debating between Epilogue 13 for humor purposes, and Epilogue 7 for badassery.

7 years ago

Lol you picked the most bat shit insane version of her, along with one of the more stable versions of her. (I had to go through my notes to remember which version was Suzy 7, but I sort of figured she was that one)

7 years ago

Exactly. One was really entertaining because she was insane and the other was really entertaining because she was a strong character.

7 years ago

Does the female gender of the player in The Other World count?

7 years ago
Pronoun shuffling doesn't count.

7 years ago

I'm going to put designs up, reply with a number for the best design for a retro-ish comic. 8 is the fastest 1 takes forever.

The Tim Examples
Timmy 1
Timmy 2
Timmy 4
Timmy 8

7 years ago
I mean, one is clearly the best.

7 years ago

I thought so but to render a bunch of people is a time consuming thing. I might just run a bunch at one time.

7 years ago

Well if 1 takes forever, it's at least a shorter amount of time to do 2 with not much difference in detail.

7 years ago

Practice  I hope you guys like it it took hours.

7 years ago

I see myself xD

7 years ago

Your picture was so easy to render 

7 years ago

I can't view any of them.

7 years ago

Try this

7 years ago

That's much better.

So, this is what the comics will look like?

7 years ago

Do you like it?

7 years ago

Not really, but it seems like it's coming along.

Can you explain how you'll be making these?

7 years ago

I make a comic strip, use a pixel renderer on web, put it together, and edit all the rest with Photoshop. Here's a gallery of my work  You don't have to be a zombie, I thought it was funny.

7 years ago

No, the zombie thing isn't what bothered me. Maybe show me a comic when it's completed so we can see how it looks altogether.

7 years ago

Well I'll make some more tomorrow but I thought it was a cool, retro, and good start.

7 years ago

Okay.

Here's what I'm working on. Just a rough draft, I'll hopefully be able to finish up digitally.

http://imgur.com/a/c4yku

7 years ago

We can publish more than 1 bby

7 years ago

u bit we ken 

<3

7 years ago

I'd like to publish the practice and make more Tuesday (Tomorrow)

7 years ago

Ok.

Zag.

I'm not trying to be biased but.....

That's the most amazing thing ever. 

7 years ago

Thanks, buddy.

:D

But, that's just the rough draft... >u>

7 years ago

I love the expressions on Chris' face. 

7 years ago

I enjoy Zag's because it is like a comic and I enjoy mind because it's a comic strip.

7 years ago

My eyes need to be below the helmet

Like half

Plox

7 years ago

Aww. Okay.

:c

7 years ago

Thx main

7 years ago

Oh my God it's even more perfect than I thought.

(I know I'm not staff, just wanted to pop in and say that)

7 years ago

Oh my God it's even more perfect than I thought.

(I know I'm not staff, just wanted to pop in and say that)

EDIT: AND THE FINISHED VERSION IS EVEN BETTER BECAUSE I CAN READ IT!

7 years ago

So negative...

7 years ago

Who's projects are completed? Mine is almost done, and we've only got about a day left before the deadline.

7 years ago

3 things are finished.

7 years ago

Oh, shit, I better make the joke before my article doesn't make any sense...

7 years ago

*waits for the joke* Also, look. HarambeLivesOn

I'm disappointed in this guy. He doesn't have a harambe picture.

7 years ago

But I do.

7 years ago

Have Harambe memes gone too far?

Harambe jokes are like Harambe - dead

7 years ago

Damn. That was savage.

7 years ago

It's actually really overused.

7 years ago

I don't care x3 Poor Harambe

7 years ago

I finished my interview two days ago.

7 years ago

I'll get my part done tonight ( in two hours)

7 years ago

I'll try sending in an interview soon, as I assume that you're the one writing up any interviews.

7 years ago

Yup.

7 years ago

I'm resigning as Comic Writer. Sorry leaving you guys hanging but my stuff just isn't good and is time consuming.

CYS TIMES

7 years ago

Looks like your staff are dropping like Fly. 

CYS TIMES

7 years ago

Flies*

Also, it may just be a blessing in disguise probably :)

CYS TIMES

7 years ago

Yeah yeah, no need to boast. |:[

7 years ago

Aww, c'mon buddy. You can do it! Maybe, you just need to find a different way to do the comics.

7 years ago

I won't publish for awhile until I hone my skills as a comic writer then I'll be back. Once again I'm sorry for leaving you guys in a shit place. Feel free to publish my practice, I enjoyed it.

7 years ago

Gat D:

7 years ago

*Dramatic inhale* Noooooooooooòooooooooo!

Gaatttttt.... 

We'll miss ya..

7 years ago

:(

7 years ago

Well, my graphic tablet isn't compatible with my current computer, so I'll have to ink over the rough draft.

7 years ago

The ink looks better than I though it would. 

http://imgur.com/a/HMWss

I'll hopefully have it done by the end of today.

7 years ago

I can practically hear Jontron's voice coming out of Chris's mouth!

7 years ago

I guess. 

Also, did you see what the News on the TV said? :D

7 years ago

I'd like to imagine it was like Bladerunner. Except the albino guy was Mecha-Hitler and he was the one running around with broken fingers.

7 years ago

It said, "In other reports, local hero, Silas Schock was spotted downtown finishing off the robot menace."

7 years ago

I know, that's why I said the scene was Bladerunner with Space Nazis.

7 years ago

Oh. I obviously didn't get the reference. :(

7 years ago

This looks a little better than your comic, but, I like it!

http://imgur.com/gallery/UChND

7 years ago

I also like the ink and text faces.

7 years ago

Thanks. I needed a way to display Tim's emotion.

7 years ago

You can give Tim's goggles "Eyelids". That's a valid cartoon technique.

7 years ago

I am not dropping out of the team, but I will not be able to deliver my review. I am really, really sorry but I have unhealthy amounts of homework and other RL issues that require my full and immediate attention. Again, so sorry.

7 years ago

Homeworks killing me too.

7 years ago

You guys realize you only have to write 100 words, right?

7 years ago

I'm not even writing a review but I relate XD

I go to Early College, and if you go there, you'd know the homework is excessive. Like packets, from every class.

7 years ago

If 100 words is too much...wow.

This is doomed. XD

7 years ago

Inked comic finished at 12:13 AM on 9/21/16

http://imgur.com/a/doB1c

Sorry for the delay.

7 years ago

I'm sorry.

I've been holding this in for too long.

When Chris is asking where his phone is, his face just looks like he's so. Fucking. Disgusted.

And I love it.

Fucking gets me every time.

7 years ago

Yeah, his expression is priceless.

7 years ago

Thanks, bro.

I just wanted to give him a dramatic expression.

7 years ago

Yo, @ZagHero I need to know if you know how to attach your comic to the paper. I'm going to post what we had up until the deadline today, so if ya could reply within an hour or so it would be appreciated! >wO

7 years ago

When exactly is the deadline for this?

7 years ago

Today is the latest you should get stuff in.

It would be appreciated if things were submitted on Wednesday though... >.>

7 years ago

So the paper's for Friday?

7 years ago

Yes. Or Saturday. Whatever works best for Jay and Lance.

7 years ago

I submitted my stuff on time. Don't pin this on me. frown

7 years ago

Yes, you did :3

And I thank you for that.

7 years ago

;>_>

7 years ago

Is the first article going to be published soon? I'm waiting in anticipation everyday to read the rejuvenated CYS times.

7 years ago

They better publish something soon, because if I have to clean up the thread again, I'm just nuking the whole thing or just banning people. (It'll depend on my mood at the time)

7 years ago

There's your incentive, people ^3^ Please pick up the pace, there are individuals dying to see the much anticipated reemergence of this thing finally come into fruition :D

7 years ago

Plz do the latter

7 years ago

Is this done?

7 years ago
I even submitted a forum game review.

granted, it's not mine and I just copy-pasted the entire post (thread title and all) from a year ago but I still submitted something

7 years ago

I ask that question too...xD

Do I need to put the entire newspaper together as well?

I did not know what I was signing up for, did I? >~>

7 years ago

Seto, did ISentinelPenguinI send you his part?

7 years ago

Pissing our pants yet?

Boy do I have a feeling we’re getting close.

Yep, gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon.

7 years ago

It's like one of those planes that have trouble lifting off correctly xc

7 years ago

Yeah, somebody must have put too much explosives on it

7 years ago

I'm sure all the different members' contributions will come together and make an interesting read :)

7 years ago

I bet you're like one of those super cool and nice teachers,  Will :D

7 years ago

Haha thanks Thara but you'd be surprised :D I'm very strict on behaviour but as long as the students meet my standard of behaviour the lessons are informal and fun, any strictness I have I drop as soon as I leave the classroom though: I like to keep work life, social life, writing etc completely separated :)

7 years ago

TWD makes my day.

7 years ago

So I'm just guessing the paper is never going to happen.

7 years ago

Just post your article about the best female protagonists in the parlor room. I'm sort of interested in what you wrote.

7 years ago

Same. Why doesn't everybody just post what they got?

7 years ago

Well, in that case...

7 years ago

Well, I was planning to put it up today, but WizzyCat and ISentinelPenguinI Didn't hand in their parts..So, I'll simply have to put it up without them. But, it seems I'll have to do it tomorrow, seeing as it's getting late.

7 years ago

I'd publish even if everyone didn't hand stuff in, it's important to get into a consistent routine of the news thing popping up at the same time each week, just assemble and publish whatever people sent in :)

7 years ago

Is @ISentinelPenguinI even on this paper, or was that the same situation as Ford's?

7 years ago

The masterpiece I was planning to review had been deleted before anyone had the chance to play it.

Not counting Tim and Sonic, but Tim was unenthused and Sonic was a twat.

7 years ago

?

7 years ago

Was it the Curse of Lycano?

7 years ago

It was a game to guess his password for an account that nobody cared enough to want.

7 years ago

0_0

The mystery continues...

7 years ago

I vaguely remember it was named after some Youtuber he hated, but I never heard of.

Some 5th level vegan or something.

7 years ago

Misha silentis?

7 years ago

Nah, I went on diatribes about Vegan Gains in my first-third-of-life-crisis thread. I did ask "What creature does Sent enjoy slaying most?" and the answer was either going to be Mecha-Hitler or Pussy, whichever one was guessed first.

7 years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szz40SZMzpI

?If this isn't fifth level, I don't know what it is.

7 years ago

It was to guess a password for THIS account. The joke was that I didn't actually do it, and that the rules were deliberately designed to fuck players over so they wouldn't guess the fake password.

7 years ago

So, it wasn't a game but a complete waste of everyone's time then?

7 years ago

Much better than the wastes of time that were presently being engaged in, which was the point of the game.

7 years ago

Usually those wastes of time last more than a hour, though. :3

7 years ago

So, I've wasted less time? Or I would've wasted more, had it not been interrupted? I think you're trying to make a point, but you're sarcastically beating around the bush far too much for me to make any sense of it.

7 years ago

I think you're looking for a point that isn't there, it's just what it is on the surface with no hidden meanings behind it.

7 years ago

You used an emoticon. You only seem to do that whenever it can be used as a disingenuous remark.

7 years ago

I use emoticons in plenty of my posts..? I'm not sure how you're able to detect the context behind emoticons, unless you're some sort of a emoticon detector.

7 years ago

The only time I've ever seen you use emoticons is when you're being sarcastic, but that's in most posts, so I really can't ever tell what you mean at given points like this one.

7 years ago

It's not like I try to be sarcastic or anything. I'm sorry that you get that impression of me, thus I will now work on making my posts more approachable and light hearted. 

7 years ago

Trying to be lighthearted all the time is what got you there in the first place. You can't try to be saccharine when you're mocking someone, and then be saccharine everywhere else and expect us to think you're not still being sarcastic. There's no sarcasm barometer.

7 years ago

You only think that I am always sarcastic, because that's your interpretation of the tone in my posts. You don't need to worry about such things anymore though, I'll make myself more clear in each of my following posts following this conversation :)

7 years ago

Okay wow, that sounded outrageously sarcastic and it's a post about how people misinterpret you as being sarcastic. I think your writing style paints a vivid image of sarcasm.

7 years ago

Well, yeah. If you use that as the tone of your posts when that's the actual tone, (And don't pretend that it isn't, because you have used this "Voice" for sarcasm on multiple occassions, even is this one isn't it) then when you use that tone, it's going to be misconstrued as sarcasm whenever that's something up for interpretation, because that's exactly what you use it for.

7 years ago

I will work on making them sound not sarcastic then, Sent. It's a pain when people assume that I'm not being anything else but sarcastic at times :c

7 years ago

I'm sorry you all turned out to be such failures. Best of luck in your future endeavors, apparently it'll be needed. :)

7 years ago

XD

7 years ago

Actually, come to think of, didn't Rimjob manage to get something out on his own?* Who would've imagined he'd turn out to be the one single success story here?  (*I think? Never was able to get it to load...)

7 years ago

Well, thanks for calling me by my real name! 

I accidentally made it private, but, I corrected my error and made it public. You can read it now... Guzzal? I'm such a failure.

7 years ago

@EndMaster

I feel as if bans need to be administered to each and every member of the newspaper club 4 kidz.

Buuuut, I think taking away their toys will be adequate enough of a punishment ^^

just kidding guys c: fingers still crossed!  ^3^

7 years ago

B-but I sent my article in on time!

7 years ago

So, yeah, I guess this is over. Before it even started.

7 years ago

You're exempt from the (totally real imaginary? ) purge then :3

7 years ago

I don't even have to send in an article, I'm just the deputy manager

7 years ago

You didn't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you? I don't want to ban you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to write for me. You can't do that if you're banned, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden.

But you wasted my time, a whole damn lot of it. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay.

So, now... I'm gonna ban the holy hell outta one of you.

You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry... Hell, you're all gonna be doing that. 

7 years ago

*is fine with being banned*

Rawr.

7 years ago
Yo I'd just like to say I didn't sign up for it and the jjj-warcat or whatever just decided to include me without recognizing my sarcasm

also I've been banned like 90 times now and I really want to see seto get b& because he doesn't think you'll do it

7 years ago

I've had a bad day XD
I have a kind of just-fuck-it temperant about things right about now.

7 years ago

Aww, I know just the thing that'll cheer you up!

Mmm.

Wait for it...

Storygames reccomedations! Yay, right?!

7 years ago

(*cues song* all-I all-I all-I really really really want to say is what the fuck today *ends song*)

7 years ago

Welp, I'm just going to leave my review on the story.

Look at Kiel's game for it.

7 years ago

Alchemy took it like a champ!

(Everyone else had plot armor)

7 years ago
but... that was my first account ;-; it had sentimental value

seto holds no sentimental value

7 years ago
I has nothing ;-;

7 years ago

So, I was gone. 

What happened exactly happened to the whole newspaper thing? All I see is some stuff about banning.

7 years ago

Hahaha, by posting in this thread you've now marked yourself for automatic banning.

7 years ago

Well, if you insist...

7 years ago

I've already made a list

It has been checked twice

I hope everyone's hearts are filled with fright

Cause someone's getting banned tonight

I will go over it with End 

Because your ends will soon begin

This means that everyday that goes by that this newsletter isn't finally published... another one of Ford's innocent alts are banned. So please do it for him. c:

7 years ago

You've probably just doomed all of Ford's remaining alts (Those that I can find anyway). Lol.

7 years ago

It probably won't be much of a dent to the hidden army of alts that will one day overwhelm us all. Agent Smith from the matrix is what we should have in mind.

7 years ago

In the meantime, Genghis_Khan took it like a champ.

(Decided to give Ford a break this time)

7 years ago

NO GOD WHY! Of all the ones that could've been sacrificed to atone for the lack of newspaper, Genghis was the most productive and fantastical of them...

7 years ago

Such a terrible and tragic loss, I'm torn up over hearing that news. I've been filled to the brim with absolute despair that we lost such a memorable alt :c

#rekt

7 years ago

I didn't even think Sentinel cared about his alts except for Angela.

7 years ago

Wiggins, Bonkerbill, SaltySaul, and the Mardoxes were the ones I could care less about. Their purpose had been served, their jokes can be made no more, but Genghis was literally and figuratively a national treasure! I mean, there's a gold mine of potential in Historical Badass jokes and Engrish to be had!

Each of the other alts has its place in the Joke Ecosystem that they were thrown into, Angela lets me joke about my own dick, Alternate-Sents are great to make fun of other peoples' alts with, and Genghis lets me play with whatever material I pick up in History Class or do things that would be funny to imagine Genghis Khan doing.

I mean, there's also Charles the Second and Rasputin to do the history thing, but they don't have the Leonidas-like charm, ancient-world non-controversiality and cultural disconnectedness to really pull off a good character joke without some help. They have their places on their own, Charles is an English Gent and Rasputin is a Disco King, but Genghis was the magnificent rug that really tied the history dudes together.

7 years ago

He was memorable enough. I mean, he only posted once when you were around, as far as I remember. He was the last alt I ever logged into.

... And I think I left something in one of their notepads that was important or noteworthy, but I don't remember what that was.

7 years ago
yo but seriously don't ban chanbot o-o still WIP

7 years ago

You beast... Ò^Ò FOR ALL THE ALTS OF FORD.. 

7 years ago

In a moment of selflessness, RimC (or Rimjob as he liked to be called) asked to take it like a champ.

His sacrifice will be remembered. (Probably not)

7 years ago

Who was that again?

7 years ago

But but but he didn't sulkily wipe his profile first, like the other toddlers. This makes no sense.

7 years ago

Rimjob said he was tired of reading posts by idiotic noobs and couldn't take it anymore, so he begged to take it like a champ. 

It was unexpected to me too since it came out of nowhere, but hey at least this season has some surprises!

7 years ago

A long time ago he asked to penalties 3000 points or something like that. It was random.

7 years ago

He's been asked to be put to death several times already, or at least, he was infatuated with the idea of having a negative point count. As someone who definitely isn't leaving, and may or may not have been TSR anyway, he seems to have a very S&M relationship with us. But at least the forums will be plagued with less flat-falling jokes... I mean, aside from Khan, who was truly the best alt next to Awoman. I mean, it was a real shame to have lost him. Genghis Khan wouldn't hurt a fly.

7 years ago

Ok everyone, I've decided to try to put out a second issue of the CYS weekly.

@eshpoyeofdoom @MrMustachio @ZagHero You guys get started on an article. I think maybe a interview of JJJ, Killa, Bucky, and End might be good, see what their detailed personal thoughts on the congratulations thread and the thread addressing Kiel are. I know it's a touchy subject, but I think it may prove to be an interesting addition to next issue.

@Ford since you were sarcastic, you're off the hook. @ISentinelPenguinI you can start working on another forum-game review. Make sure it's one that's not dead or banned.

@Will11 @Darkspawn @Wizzycat you guys can start as well. I have no doubt that Will11 will do absolutely wonderful, but Dark and Wizzycat, just make sure to put it out by the deadline.

@ZagHero if ya can't find a way to make the comic attach onto next issue's post, then maybe just think of some written.

If you all are still on board, then good luck to y'all! Just as last time you can send your finished work to either me or Seto.

7 years ago

What about me?

7 years ago

Danig. I forgot to mention you. I was going to say;

Charaxes, just go with the flow like last time.

7 years ago

So just, like, write about whatever again?

7 years ago

I bet Ford will be absolutely devastated upon hearing the news that he's been let go.

7 years ago
fuck man I have children to feed

7 years ago

Don't worry, most of them will be banned during the harsh winter coming up anyway.

7 years ago

B-but even his children have children, it's so inhumane! :c

7 years ago

What's the submission date again?

7 years ago

If it was up to me, I'd say Wednesday of next week, Thursday at the latest.