Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

One day, a man is walking his dog through a snow covered field in the middle of winter, when he discovers a man's dead body. The man's skin is extremely pale, so he clearly has been dead for awhile, but there is absolutely no sign of how the man died, or how he got there. There is no snow on the man's body, so it clearly hasn't been snowing since he died, but there are no tracks in the snow, besides that of the dog walker and his dog. No footsteps, no drag marks, no tire tracks, no trail of blood and no signs of a struggle. Nothing.

The only clue concerning the man's death is that he has a rather large backpack on his back, and once he opened it, the dog walker was able to determine how the man died. The question is, what was in the backpack?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
A parachute?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yey! Mizal wins! ^_^

Do you have any logic puzzles? I can't think of any good ones right now.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
WRONG. If it was a parachute, the guy wouldn't have slammed into the ground. Had to have been pots and pans, ala loony toons.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Or an acme anvil. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

That's easy, a grapefruit!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

... I've changed my mind. Endmaster wins. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Two best friends, Lara and Tara, go out clubbing one night. A man hits on them both, but both women reject him. Not one to handle rejection well, the man decides to poison the two women.

Lara is a party girl, and has five drinks in quick succession. Tara is the designated driver, and has only one drink the whole night. However, by morning, Tara is dead, whereas Lara feels fine. The strange thing is, all six of the drinks were poisoned. How is it that the woman who drank more survived, whereas the woman who only had one drink died?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Party girl probably threw everything up after she blew six guys the same night.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Not the answer I was looking for, but I shall certainly consider it a plausible back up. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hmm...

I thought I heard this somewhere before.

I'll probably spend the whole day mulling over this, edit this when I got the answer.

Temporary answer: the woman who drank more had poison immunity due to repeatedly ejecting stronger and stroger poisons into herself.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Nope. :p

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ah, I remember now. 

But do I?

I remember the iced tea, where the poison was in the ice, and the girl drank the drinks so fast before the ice melted,

but you didn't specify it...

I am facing a crisis right now.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

No, you're right. It was in the ice! (Though I suppose I should've specified what kind of drinks they were so that you'd know there was ice in it.) ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yay!

^U^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hmm... Who knows if the girl who died didn't pass away from other circumstances?

Perhaps she had a heart attack after finding out the drink was poisoned, but the poison was actually not that bad.

Maybe it's a aphrodisiac!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

http://wordsmith.org/words/mithridatism.html

developing poison immunity.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Oh, I like these :) I was thinking an out-of-petrol jetpack for the first one. Here's one:

There are five sisters in a room.
The first sister is reading a book.
The second sister is cooking.
The third sister is playing chess.
The fourth sister is doing laundry.
What is the fifth sister doing?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Her brother.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

LOL, playing chess with the third sister?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh yeah. :p

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Why the hell are the sisters reading and playing chess in the kitchen? :p

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Their brother was out and they had nothing better to do.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Yes, playing chess with sister three is the right answer. :) Her brother is the Endmaster answer :D

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A man lives on the 10th floor. Every day he goes out, carrying an umbrella. He hates taking the stairs, so every evening when he comes back he takes the elevator up to the tenth. One day he forgets the umbrella, turns right back takes the elevator to the 6th floor and then walks up the four flights of stairs to his apartment to get it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Is he really short and he needs his umbrella to reach the top button? ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Indeed, he is.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yey! ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Wait, why would he go back to the 6th floor if he's really short? Why not just turn back to his apartment?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

It's a trick question.

He hates taking the stairs and has been jumping out the window using the umbrella to slow his decent.

If he forgot his umbrella one day, he'd be dead when he hit the pavement.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well my first answer was going to be that he's Mary Poppins. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I just remembered this one! Much harder than it looks. Took me a couple of attempts to get it. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A grapefruit.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Correct! ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I have a feeling people used to proofreading would do better at this one on average.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Nope, sorry. (Curious how you reached that answer though.)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
By not zooming in so that all I noticed was that it was a multiplication sign and not a plus.

Changing my answer to 'not enough data'. All of the pictures are different.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

There is enough data. You have enough info to know what the caterpillar, clock and flowers all are. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
31 actually (almost overlooked the second flower)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Wrong. Look closer. ^_^

Also, how'd you get the answer? (I want to know what people are doing right and what people are missing out.) ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Ah yes looking closer ...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I got 21, is that right?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Afraid not. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

And here I was, smugly patting myself on the back. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

How'd you get to your answer?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

By using algebra, basically. I just didn't realize there were more flowers until I saw Northwind's post.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Take a closer look and you might notice even more flowers. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

26? This is tricky

Edit: if that is a flower on the caterpillar's head I'm certain it is 26. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You got it!!! How'd you get the answer though? (Just want to check is you actually are a genius or just had a lucky guess.) ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well the caterpillar with the flower must be 7, the clocks must be 6, and the flower must be 2. The tricky part came in when I noticed the ones at the bottom were all different. Then I looked at the differences and tried to glean what made them the number they were and if there was any logic to it. The caterpillar had 5 pips and a flower, so that made 7. The caterpillar at the bottom had 6 pips and no flower. The first clock that indicated 6 was also set to 6, so the bottom one must be 5. And the flower was easy. Two of them meant 4. Following PEMDAS, 4 x 5 is 20. 20 + 6 = 26.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You mastermind....

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Exactly right! You are a genius! ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Okay so I did guess what they each were correctly, just combined them in the wrong order because math is hard.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Math is stupid and you win. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Thought it was 25 for a second there. Nope.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
You edited your solution but I thought it was correct too. Wannabe had all the amounts right in his explanation, but then he went and still added 6 instead of 5 at the end. The clock is confirmed to be 5 however.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

True, it's definitely 25. Shouldn't have second guessed myself. Here's the original math still on my clipboard, for the curious.

Original picture equations, but as variables:
a+b + a+b + a+b = 21
6 + 6 + a+b = 19
b + 6 + a+b = 15
a + (2b * 5) = ?

Simplified:
3(a + b) = 21
a + b = 7
a + 2b = 9
a + 10b = ?

7 + b = 9 so b is 2 and we quickly figure out a is 5, making a + 20 = 25, which is the answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Afraid you missed one little thing.

If you look at the top caterpillars with the flowers in their hair, they all have five dots on their bodies.

If you look at the bottom caterpillar, it has six dots.

The value of the caterpillars depends on how many little dots they have on their bodies. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ah. I officially hate this question :)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
27, after looking closer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Nope. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
50?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Still nope. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Fuck you?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I appreciate the offer, but I have a headache. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Mizal breaks down over complicated riddles: episode 1

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It's 6 + 4 * 5, I'm fucking right and she won't admit it.

I WON THIS RIDDLE BY A LOT!!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Silly mizal! It's not (6 + 4) x 5. It's 6 + (4 x 5) ... At least, that's what the calculator tells me. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
How is the caterpillar 6? I thought the caterpillar was 7, but now I realize that the first caterpillars hat a flower as well, but the flower is 2, so shouldn't it be 25?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The flower on the head is worth 2, and each pip on the caterpillar's body is worth 1. Count the number of pips on the top caterpillars and on the bottom caterpillar...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

This. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ooh! I have a good one!

Two men enter a building. They then come across a murder. They discuss it, but then a few minutes later, they leave. 
Why didn't they call the police?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

hey... perhaps they ARE the policemen!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Nope! The answer was that the murder was a painting! The building was an art muesum. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I like my answer better. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ngl, that actually would've been a smart answer!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

It was a murder of crows? The discussion was, "Weird, how did all these crows get in here?"

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Alright. I love words, so I thought this would interest some of yall

What is unusual about the following words: revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

They both have two pairs of letters in them? (Or 3 in the case of grammar and dresser)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

close... ^U^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh! Is it that if you take the first letter away and split down the middle, the letters are reflected on either side?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Basically! What I was originally going for is if you take the first letter and put it on the end, then you get the word reversed!

^U^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ah, that too. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
One is a link that may or may not be caused by your phone having a contagious disease.

Otherwise I'm going with Avery's answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ah, the link...

You like potato puns? Yes?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The number of letters goes by the following pattern: 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So, I'm assuming the pattern might be apart of the answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hrmm... not exactly...

If you haven't looked at the answer up top yet, I can give you a hint. ^U^

Flip.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven

Hmm... I'm stumped.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hey, I'll do one for you AL ^U^

revive --> eviver

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh! I thought that was the answer, but then I felt dumb.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hey, no worries :)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

ananab, rammarg, oodoov, ssessa, otatop, resserd, nevenu

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yes! Now what do all of these have in common?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hmmm...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Try this hint:

Detach and attach

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

...I'm still stumped. D:

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

ALright(see what I did there?)

When you detach the first letters of those words, and then put it on the back, then flip the new word around, you get .....(finish it!)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

R, b, g, v, a, p, d, u...
U, d, p, a, v, g, b, r...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Alright, here.

You might have gotten this already before, and I'm wasting your time....

But this is the answer. When you take the first letter and put it in the back of the word, you get the word reversed :)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

B, g, v, a, p, d, u, r
Rudpavgb

Nevermind, wrong answer. >.>

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

^U^

Shall I walk you through?

You take the word assess, and then take "a" off.

You now have ssess.

You now put the a on the end of this new word. ssessa.

Flip this word around, assess! Cool!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, wait, that's the answer? Smart!

I don't know how I didn't think that, so I'm going to go take an Advil now.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Try doing what he said, instead.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A hunter is on the prowl for a bear. He hikes a mile south. Finding nothing, he then hikes a mile east. Still finding nothing, he hikes a mile north. He then ends up in the same spot that he started in. What color is the bear?

It was reported that Jim Jones married his widow's sister. How?

a man buys apples at $5 a dozen and sells them at $3 a dozen. How did he become a millionaire?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, dang, this is tough. :[

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
White

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

1. White. The guy is at either the north or south pole, which means he must be hunting a polar bear. ^_^

2. Well, if his wife is a widow then he must be dead... Is the sister super into necrophelia?

3. Uhh... He planted the seeds of the first batch of apples and grew apple trees?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
He would've had to marry both sisters, which in a cult is the most normal thing ever.

And was the apple seller already a millionaire? Although I've heard one pretty similar to this so I may be cheating.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well, technically he was a billionaire that lost a lot of money. But close enough. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I still don't get the second one. How's the guy married if he's dead?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Maybe she was a widow before he married him? And everyone called his wife "Jim's widow" since they knew he was just marrying the old lady for her inherited cash.

Then after she died, he gets the money and can marry her hotter/younger sister.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

For the second riddle, Jones married the sister before he died. The riddle doesn't say anything about Jones already being dead when he married the sister, which would be impossible. So he married both his wife and her sister while he was alive, and then he died, making his wife a widow and fulfilling the condition of the riddle.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh wait I got one!

So this girl goes to her own mother's funeral and she meets a mysterious guy that she didn't know but immediately falls in love with.

A week later she murders the shit out of her sister.

So what was the motive?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ooh, I remember this one, but I forgot the answer! D:

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

So she could see him again?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It was this one, but apparently you're a psychopath if you figure it out on your own.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I prefer my version better.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The sister was a cunt. (Or what Wannabe_Human said)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Wrong!

She fell in love, obviously she was going to get know the guy and see him on the regular.

She committed murder because she didn't want to have an inbred sister/daughter baby by her long lost father.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, right! Darn it, I should've remembered.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

That's pretty messed up, though Mr.EndMaster does it well.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh! The murder was an abortion! ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Aha! I got a hard one!

You’re rummaging around your great grandmother’s attic when you find five short chains each made of four gold links. It occurs to you that if you combined them all into one big loop of 20 links, you’d have an incredible necklace. So you bring it into a jeweler, who tells you the cost of making the necklace will be $10 for each gold link that she has to break and then reseal.

How much will it cost?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hint: Not $50

EDIT: You also have to explain how you will do it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Isn't it weird that both gold links are broken to join them together?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hrmm...

If you start with 2 links OO

And then break one CO

And then attach 

I guess it's one?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh this is tricky.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh yes...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You gave the answer when you told the other person it needed to be less than $50. You can do it in $40 if you cut/reseal every link in one of the 5 chains, and use those to connect the other 4.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Welp, my helping was the downfall of this riddle...

Nicely done!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I can't imagine how that could create "one big loop of 20 links" though. Also, I was picturing Mr. T the whole time I was imagining this riddle.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Wait, I think I got it. 

20 x 10 = 200. So, $200?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well, that would be equivalent to breaking all the links, and our poor young girl here is low on funds.

So we're trying to find the least cost(less than 50!)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It may not be clear, but what he's actually looking for here is the cheapest possible way to do it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Correct!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ho. Another one rummaged up by PerforatedPenguin.

You’re facing your friend, Caryn, in a “candy-off,” which works as follows: There’s a pile of 100 caramels and one peppermint patty. You and Caryn will go back and forth taking at least one and no more than five caramels from the candy pile in each turn. The person who removes the last caramel will also get the peppermint patty. And you love peppermint patties.

Suppose Caryn lets you decide who goes first. Who should you choose in order to make sure you win the peppermint patty?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Choose Marcie, that's a sure way of winning Peppermint Patty.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, this is actually a game on CYS... Can't remember it that well, but I think the other person needs to go first?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yes, it is! I loved that one :)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
The real trick is that you go first and take four. Leaving the other person with 96. And then after that just make sure the number you always leave them in is a multiple of 6. Eventually they'll be left with the final six and can only take a max of five.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Last one from me, I promise.

"There are three hats, each with an accompanying statement.

Hat One: The cat is in this hat.

Hat Two: The cat is not in this hat.

Hat Three: The cat is not in Hat One.

Exactly one of the statements is true. Exactly one hat contains a cat. Which hat contains the cat?"

The answer options are:

1) Hat One

2) Hat Two

3) Hat Three

4) None of the hats

5) Not enough information.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Mizal will know this, afterall, it is cats!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Killa would be excellent in solving this, since he is, in fact, a cat. :]

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Hat Two. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Since only 1 statement can be true:

If statement 1 is true, statement 2 also has to be true, so statement 1 cannot be true.

If statement 2 is true, we must set statement 1 to false. Then statement 3 would become true. So statement 2 cannot be true.

If statement 3 is true, statement 1 must be false. Statement 2 can also be set to false without contradiction. Therefore, statement 3 is the only true statement. The corrected statements would then be:

Hat One: The cat is not in this hat.

Hat Two: The cat is in this hat.

Hat Three: The cat is not in Hat One.

2) The cat is in Hat Two.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Here is one that did the rounds on facebook recently:

I enter a garden. There are 34 people. You kill 30. How many living people are in the garden?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

It depends.

If there are 34 including me and you after I enter the garden, and you kill 30, then there are 4 left. I may or may not be among them.

If I see 34 people as I enter the garden, you among them, and I make the total 35, then there would be 5 living after you kill everyone. If you entered after I did, there might even be 6 living.

If you kill 30 bees and not 30 people, there may be 34-36 people still alive. If you kill 30 people outside the garden, and never entered the garden yourself, there would be 34-35 people in the garden depending if I am counted among them.

And if the 34 people in the garden are undead zombies we came into the garden to kill, there might be only 2 living people in the garden at the end of it.

Facebook riddles are usually too ambiguous to answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Deconstructed... yes it's too ambiguous :) The answer I was told was 1 (I) because the 34 people were not explicitly stated as being in the garden. Sticking to the purely logical puzzles then:

1) There are two girls. One is facing north and the other is facing south. They can see each other with mirrors. How?

2) What can run through a city yet never move?

3) There's a bathtub filled with water in front of you. You have a spoon, a cup and a bucket. What is the fastest way to empty the tub?

4) There are three doors in front of you. You have to go through one of them. Behind door 1 is a fire. Behind door 2 is a man with a loaded gun. Behind door 3 is a lion that hasn't eaten in three years. Which door will you choose?

5) What can you see once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in one thousand years?

I'll admit these are pretty easy but I don't have time to dig up harder ones :)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

1) Mirrors at side, look sideway.

2) Electric cables.

3) Maybe a spoon to pull the plug, idk. I'd use my hand.

4) Door 3. Lion already starved to death.

5) The letter "m?" Minute and MoMent.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

1. ... I don't get it. If both of the girls have mirrors infront of them, then they'll be able to see the reflection of the other mirror, which will have the other girl in it, right?

2. Train tracks?

3. Pull the plug out?

4. Door 3. The lion is dead.

5. The letter M. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

1) The mirrors are on both sides.

3) The drain. 

4) Go through the door with the lion. If he hasn't eaten in 3 years, he would be dead by now.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

None.

Because no one lives in a fucking garden lol

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Maybe it's a cemetery - hence all the zombies that need killing.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Technically there could be either 4 or 5(if you're including yourself that is). However if they are all dead like stated as a possibility earlier than the answer is 1 due to you being living and the zombies being dead.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

1, because after you kill 30 people, the other living people are going to run for their fucking lives. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

It mightve also been poison if there was no sign of external damage.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Also I have a logic puzzle(that is not one that I made up):There is a man who murdered his mother. He was born before his father, and married over 100 women without divorcing any one. Yet, he was considered normal by all of his acquaintances. Why?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Time traveling with multiple alternative universes fares pretty normally in a sci-fi setting.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

That is technically correct in a way but the answer is much simpler. You need to think more inside the box for this one.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Technically the mother died at childbirth and he was born in front of his father. I don't get the marrying part tbh. Maybe he is a workaholic jack-of-all-trades who is married to his jobs if you use the term "women" loosely. Divorcing doesn't always mean he leaves them forever, he can always come back to them.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You got the father and mother part right. But not the married part. The married part doesnt directly involve himself marrying 100 woman. Thats my last hint before I just outright reveal the answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The man is secretly the leader of a smuggling ring and the goods are "his daughters." He "married" 100 of them off. Did I get that right?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I have heard this riddle before. You're on the right track thinking he didn't actually 'marry' the people, but there's another way he can marry people without marrying them...

Hope I didn't give the answer away.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Hah I get it. (If he is catholic he should not have daughters.)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
I've seen a version of almost this exact riddle, but your use of punctuation ruled out the usual answer.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Okay, wife died in childbirth, he was born infront of his father, and he was a priest, so he "married" over 100 couples. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You are in a mexican standoff, i.e. three-way duel. Problem is that you are not a good shot. You only hit your target a third of the time. One of the other people A, hits half the time, and the third one B never misses. To make things fair you can take the first shot then its A's turn, then B. After that there is another round in the same order, until only one person survives.

What's the best strategy? How high are your chances of survival?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well logically, they would target the greatest threat to both of them first. In that case you are 100% safe the first round. A has a 50% chance of hitting B and B has a 100% of hitting A. Assuming you also follow this logic you have a 33.3% of hitting B. This raises the chances of you both hitting B. Assume B survives then A is dead.  You now have a 33% chance of hitting B/surviving the mexican standoff at that point and a 100% chance of dying  if you miss. Now say you shot and killed B than A will likely target you and then has a 50% chance of hitting. If he misses then you have a 33% chance of hitting him. So in this scenario your best chance to survive is to likely let A take out B, A misses and then you shoot him.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
So what do you do?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It's a Mexican standoff, fuck the rules. I have six bullets and shoot three times at B and then three times at A as fast as I can.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
That is ... also a solution

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The order goes you first (33% to hit), then A (50% to hit), then B (100% hit). Assuming always lethal.
You shoot B. If you even did kill A, B would then always kill you. So it's pretty simple, unless this is a trick question.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Right idea, but its more tricky than that, though not a trick question.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
You can actually survive with 50% probability using the right strategy.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I guess you'll shoot B? Then if B dies, at least there'll be less of a likelihood you'll get killed compared to if you manage to kill A, although A shoots first. If B doesn't die, then A would shoot B, and if B still doesn't die, B would kill A and you'll get to shoot next.

Or another strategy might be to shoot away from the both of them, then A would try to shoot B and if A manages to, it'll be the same situation of you against A. However, you will get to shoot first this time. Yet, if A doesn't manage to kill B, B would kill A... then it'll be the same scenario? Although the odds are slightly better since if you face off against A this time, you would get to shoot first.

I'm quite confused, so I didn't add the math in.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yes this is the right answer. The best solution is to shoot in the air. Then A kills B with 50% probability or B kills A. So this will end up with us facing off against one of them and you have the first shot again.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, I think I know this one!

Basically, if you shoot A and you miss, then A will shoot B, because he has the highest chance of killing him. If A wins, then B is dead and the next round will b you vs A. If A loses then B will kill A because A has the highest chance of killing him in the next round, so the second round will be you vs B.

If you shoot A and you hit him, then B will shoot you, and since he hits 100% of the time, you will die. So, you definitely do not want to kill A.

If you shoot B and miss, then you get the exact same result as if you missed A. You will survive the first round and will either fight A or B in the second round.

If you shoot B and hit him, then A will shoot you, which gives you a 50% chance of dying before you reach the next round. Also not good.

So, the best thing you can do in this situation is miss. So, that solves the problem... All you need to do is shoot into the air. You will miss and then regardless of what happens, you will survive the first round. On the second round, you will still only have a 30% chance of hitting your target but still, it's better than nothing. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I read this one online some time ago, so the exact wording may be inaccurate.

You are a police officer and have three main suspects: Mary Smith, Matt Smith and Mark Smith. There is only one clue you have, which reveals the name of the killer. However, it is rather confusing as it doesn't give away the first name of the killer... or so you think. Upon further inspection, however, it becomes obvious. The clue tells you to question Smith, but which Smith is it?

The clue: ? Smith

Who is the killer?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Ohh nice! It's right there.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Solved it?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Yep (Mark)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Correct! I'm trying to solve your riddle now.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, I get it! Question Mark Smith. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Lol, not especially difficult, but I like this one.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The serial killer puts three bullets into a revolver in adjacent chambers. The other three chambers are empty. He spins the drum, aims at your head and pulls the trigger. Nothing happens.

“Let's give death one more chance,” he says. “What do you think? Should I just pull the trigger again, or first give the drum another spin?”

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

If you pull the trigger, you have a 2 in 5 chance of being safe. If you spin, you have an even 3 in 6. 1/2 > 2/5 chance, so spin the barrel.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Nope

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I'll use a diagram, 000XXX 0=empty and X=bullet. In order for the previous pull to come up empty, it had to have been one of the 0's. If it was the first 0, then the next chamber is empty. If it was the second 0, then the next chamber is empty also. If it was the last 0, then the next chamber is loaded. Therefore, the answer is to pull the trigger again and have a 2/3 chance of survival rather than the 50/50 of spinning the drum again.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Pull the trigger again. If he spins then you have a 50/50 chance that you will die, but if the 3 bullets are in adjacent chambers, then the 3 empty chambers must also be adjacent, which means that there is a 2 in 3 chance that the chamber next to it will also be empty. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Yes that's it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

If anyone wants a challenge, here is a link to 100 logic riddles that I posted here several years ago (as a sign of its difficulty level, I was able to solve about 2/3 of the 100 riddles without having to use a walkthrough):

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/18562

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

This looks fun! ^_^

Edit: But I got stuck on cucumber barbeque. :'(

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A man is on trial for murder. The judge tells him, "If the next thing you tell me is a lie, then tomorrow, you will be hanged. If the next thing you tell me is true, then tomorrow, you will be beheaded." The next day, the man is released.

What did the prisoner say to save himself?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Ooh, this is a good one! But I have no clue. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
"I am lying right now"

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Not quite, but you're on the right track.

(I suppose this one would work too.) ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

"Sure would be a shame if your missing daughter was never found over a little miscarriage of justice like this!"

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Sorry Sent, the missing daughter is actually in the Jailor's basement. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Perhaps I am lying, perhaps I am not...

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
My reasoning is that any statement that is undecidable should work. You could also say, "you will hang me"

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

That's true. The actual answer I was looking for is, "Tomorrow you will hang me" but your answer works just as well. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

He must have told a lie. The next day, he was "released" from the stool or wherever he was being held aloft and then hanged by the rope around his throat.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You have two ropes and a lighter. Each rope takes exactly one hour to burn up, but they do not burn at a constant speed (meaning that cutting one in half will not necessarily guarantee 30 minutes of burn time). Using only these tools, how can you tell when exactly 45 minutes has passed?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You simply ignite one of the ropes on fire on both ends and light the second rope on one end at the same time. When the first rope burns out, 30 minutes have elapsed. At that exact moment, you light the unlit end of the second rope. When that rope burns then 45 minutes have passed

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

This one crops up in programming interviews with some frequency; I was wondering if it'd show up here.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A few more riddles here. Some may be quite common so there's the chance you may have seen them before.

1) A man went to town on Friday, stayed for three days, and returned on Friday. How is this possible?

2) Two friends entered a room and were standing facing each other. One of them says, "When it turns 12:00 on the clock behind you, you will be stabbed in the back". No one else entered the room behind the friend, and yet the friend got killed. How?

3) You see a hundred people on a boat, but there is not a single person. How is this possible?

4) A man was driving home one night when he received a call from the police. "Your wife has been killed, get to the crime scene immediately," they said. When he arrived, he was arrested. Why?

5) It is the first day of school and a student is found dead during lunch. There were five suspects. The English teacher said he was leading a new student to his class, the Chemistry teacher said she was planning their next lesson with the Biology teacher, the Math teacher said she was marking final exams, the Principal said she was in her office and the History teacher said he was getting lunch. Who killed the student?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
1) his horse was named Friday
2) He looked behind him to see the clock and the other friend stabbed him?
3) a hundred people is not a single person, or alternately, they were all married.
4) because he knew where the crime scene was without asking.
5) the Math teacher, who couldn't have been marking final exams on the first day.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yes, those are all correct! 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

2. He was stabbed by the hand of the clock.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

That's one powerful clock, I have to say.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

There are three closed boxes- the first labeled "black", the second labeled "brown", and the last labeled "blond", each containing one strand of hair inside of it. One of the three strands of hair is black, one is brown, and one is blond. Unfortunately, the labels on the boxes are all incorrectly matched to the color of the strand of hair inside of it, and you cannot see what color the strand of hair is without opening the box. How can you rearrange the labels so that each strand of hair is matched with the correct label on its box after opening just one of the boxes?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

There is only two possible assignments where each strand is in the wrong box. Opening one box will tell you which one you got.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

WARNING: This is a quite lengthy solution.

Here are the boxes:

|Black| |Brown| |White|

Each of these is labeled incorrectly, so (each labeled box has the possibility):

|Black|: Brown or White

|Brown|: Black or White

|White|: Brown or Black

Let's say you open the box labeled "Black". There are 2 seperate cases:

1) There is a brown strand. By process of elimination, you can determine that the black strand is in the white box, and the white strand is in the brown box.

2) There is a white strand. Again, by process of elimination, you can determine that the black strand is in the brown box, and the brown strand is in the white box.

And then after both of these, you can swap the labels out and then you can get all of them in the correct boxes.

In fact, if you open any box, you can determine the color of the strands in the other boxes just using process of elimination.

So:

1) Open any box. Doesn't matter which. Let the box label be color 1. Then find out the color of the strand. Let the strand color be color 2.

2) Find the box with the label that isn't color 1 or color 2.

Ex. If the strand color is brown and you picked the black box, then you would pick the white box. If the strand color is white and you picked the brown box, you would pick the black box.

3) Use process of elimination to determine that the box with the color 3 label has the strand with color 1, and the box with the label of color 2 has the strand of color 1.

So it looks like this: 

Label:                 |color 1|    |color 3|    |color 2|

Acutal Strand:    |color 2|    |color 1|    |color 3|

And then you can rearrange the labels to make the labels match the strands.

That's it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yes, that's it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Here's are two puzzles from my story, Dreamtruder. Those of you who read it probably already know the answer:

'On April 29, Mum Eagle was arranging flowers. Dad Eagle was watching the television. Child Eagle was playing with his toy clock. Suddenly, Child Eagle got pulled into the clock, and became a time traveler. He was sucked into the time where his parents were supposed to meet, but accidentally knocked Dad Eagle over when he arrived. However, if he were to completely replace his dad, and the only change in the timeline was that he became the new Dad Eagle, on April 29th in the new timeline, what would Child Eagle be doing now?'

Note: This can be considered a trick question

Another puzzle:

There are 7 bears: Panda bear, Polar bear, Grizzly bear, Sunbear, Bespectacled bear, Brown bear and Black bear.

There are also 7 levels of peacefulness and fight skill (1-7, 1 being the lowest, and 7 being the highest). You, the traveler of the Jungle, would want to do one of the following - fight the weakest bear (with a fight skill of 1) or strike a deal with the most benevolent bear (with a peacefulness of 7).

• Each bear also has a special skill, which is one of the following: talking to humans, digging a hole, glaring at you, singing, eating mud, paw swipe and falling asleep in the middle of a fight.

• The ages of the bears are 10, 11, 21, 35, 49, 53 and 74.

• If all the following statements are true, you should be able to identify not every single trait for every single bear, but it should be enough to identify the weakest bear and the most peaceful one.

1) The animal with the ability to talk to humans is the most peaceful

2) The sum of the ages of the Panda and the Polar is equivalent to the age of the Sun Bear

3) The bear with a peacefulness of 5 is 35 years old, and its special skill is to eat mud

4) Subtracting the age of the Bespectacled bear from the Panda results in the age of the Brown bear

5) The bear that sings is 1 year older than the bear the falls asleep in fights

6) The Polar is the 2nd oldest bear

7) The fight skill of the oldest bear is 4, the peacefulness level is 6, and it has the special skill of glaring

8) The age of the Grizzly is 49, and it has a fight skill of 2

9) The special skill of the bear aged 21 is the paw swipe

10) The Polar's special skill is to dig a hole

11) If you order the bears by age (youngest to oldest), their fight skills are as follows: 3, 1, 7, 6, 2, 5, 4

12) Bespectacled bear's special skill is to fall asleep in a fight

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The Grizzly bear is the most peaceful, and the Brown bear is the weakest.

Panda bear: 21 years old, paw swipe, fight skill 7

Polar bear: 53 years old, digging a hole, fight skill 5

Grizzly bear: 49 years old, talking to humans, fight skill 2, peacefulness 7

Sun bear: 74 years old, glaring at you, fight skill 4, peacefulness 6

Bespectacled bear: 10 years old, falling sleep in the middle of a fight, fight skill 3

Brown bear: 11 years old, singing, fight skill 1

Black bear: 35 years old, eating mud, fight skill 6, peacefulness 5

There is not enough information to know which of Panda bear, Polar bear, Bespectacled bear, and Brown bear are the ones with peacefulness 1 through 4.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I loved solving those puzzles. Dreamtruder was awesome. Never trust a panda. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Puzzle 1: Child Eagle wasn't old enough to be knocking off his mom.

Puzzle 2:

Polar  A53 F5 P : Dig a hole

Sun A74 F4 P6 : Glaring

Panda A21 F7 P : Paw swipe

Grizzly A49 F2 P7 : Talking to human (Found one)

Besp A10 F3 P : Falling asleep

Brown A11 F1 P : Singing (Found another one)

Black A35 F6 P5: Eat mud

Fight the Brown, Chat up with Grizzly. 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

You went to the forest and got me. You sat down to seek me. You couldn't find me, so you took me home with you. What am I?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Thorn in my foot (ok, guess that's not the answer but it fits)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I think it's a splinter.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Thorn and splinter both work.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Q: You are 8 years old. You find a brown-looking website full of words and start reading some of them. Eventually you make an account and decide to join a contest that ended months ago. After declaring your intentions, one of the mods decides that you are simply too stupid to live, and bans you.

Later on in the day, you make another account.
One moderator says you're allowed to stay, as long as you don't post in the forums again.
The other one doesn't really care.

What is the most logical course of action?

A: Immediately out yourself in the same damn thread.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Wait a second!

Is this CYS?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Nothing. Expecting a logical answer from an 8 year old is asking the impossible.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Insist that you are NOT infact the noob that they banned earlier that day and then spam the forums with questions and comments about said noob, asking why he was banned and what he did wrong.

Probably best to necro some several year old threads for good measure. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Hmm... I've always thought CYS as "Tan-ish"

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It seems like I'm late to the party, but here goes!

I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I’ll pop.
If you look at me, you’ll pop.
Can you answer this riddle?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Your mom.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Not this again....it wasn't even close

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I think Thara's onto something, though!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Ah, there's AL. Welcome back!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Thanks, miz! I missed CYS. :]

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I believe that you still owe me an image, Llama.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I do! I'm really sorry. Luckily, I believe I completed it so I'll send you an image.

Edit: Thank God, it's finished! Sorry for the monthly wait. Hope you like it, though!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I like this. Thanks.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

No problem! :]

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I like this! Reminds me of a Freddi Fish character

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Nah, my mom isn't like that. Here's a hint : It's a feeling

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Oh, it's pressure!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
AestheticLlama wins!! :D

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Hang on a minute, how does that turn polar bears white? And how can you squeeze the concept of pressure, or pop by looking at it?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Polar bears are supposed to be yellow, but they turn white from the stress of existing in the arctic.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
How does stress make people look like celebrities?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

'Cos it ends with "Can you answer this riddle?" I literally thought the answer was "no" :p

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
:D

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A grapefruit.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
No lol

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

No. ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

A glass mirror?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
This one's already been sorted in the Riddle Time thread.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Sorry urnam0, not a glass mirror

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I was told to put this here: I'm agreeing with others that pressure doesn't work. If you really are stuck on the fact that pressure is a relevant and clever answer to why polar bears are white, then we can talk about the other answers pressure doesn't work for:

I make girls comb their hair - perhaps you mean that low-pressure systems create weather environments that create frizzy hair, thus prompting combing. This seems like a stretch, and I would also recommend brushing rather than combing, but I don't think it works. Mostly because of the lack of pressure being relevant. Scientifically, I think the pressure is caused by temperature regions called cold fronts and warm fronts. Commonly, I think humidity or "weather" would be more likely to be used. Looking at the other answers, I'll give this one to you even though I don't think it works.

I make normal people look like celebrities - how? People who do well under pressure might look like celebrities, but I think "normal people" are more likely to choke under pressure than celebrities. That is sometimes why they are celebrities. Common people can be very good singers, but if they can't do it on stage in front of 1,000s of people, then they can't be a famous singer. What causes these common people to choke is referred to as pressure. I'll agree that it can make a celebrity look stupid if they choke in a live performance, but it is more likely to also make a common person look stupid. If anything it's what separates the two. Okay, I'll concede this one as well... I guess.

I turn pancakes brown - this can be done without pressure. I think direct heat applied to fat or sugar causes browning. Unless you brown your pancakes in a pressure cooker, then this doesn't work. In fact, pressure would ruin the light and fluffy nature of pancakes. You need a lack of pressure to form the air bubbles that make them fluffy. This one really hurts this answer, and we haven't even gotten to the bad ones yet. 

If you squeeze me, I'll pop - this implies an object. Pressure can't pop. Pressure does pop things, but you can't "pop a pressure." Pressure is caused by squeezing or compression of some sort. Without some sort of "squeeze," there is never pressure. This is like saying "if you make pressure then the pressure will break." It's a self-defeating statement.

If you look at me you will pop - You can't see pressure. The effects of pressure, maybe, but you can't see pressure. Also, looking at a pressure gauge won't pop you. Pressure could pop you but not from sight. Pressure very much has to be in contact with whatever it is affecting. In fact, pressure needs sort of specific conditions to be created. Looking at it is not one of those conditions.

So sure, polar bears are white because of pressure. You win. Now, take care of these other answers... By the way, air is worse.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Pressure doesn't even have anything to do with polar bears being white.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
“Selection Pressure” is the correct technical term that explains it. But, I agree this is a silly cheap trick riddle and the answer is simply “no.”

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

No, no, they clearly said in the other thread that it was about the air pressure being different at the arctic. Which is just false. Even linked to a news article and everything, that got their sources from an internet forum.

And if it was Selection Pressure, the white fur wasn't because of pressure from another inherently bad trait like selection pressure requires, it was just normal evolutionary natural selection that developed over time as they adapted to their surroundings.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Well, it is sort of a bad trait for a land predator to not blend in with the snow in an environment that potentially doesn't have any trees. Your foes would see you sooner, and you'd waste more precious time running after them!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Air pressure is just bullshit, but the white coat is due to selection pressure favoring it. There is no need for another trait. Essentially natural selection is always the result of selection pressure (the gradient of the reproductive number with respect to the trait)

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Not necessarily. I mean, random beneficial mutations just occur. So some bears were living up north, bein bears, and then one day a bear baby is born with white fur. Turns out that it was such a good one that it lived long enough to spread the mutation around. I'm not sure if that really counts as selection pressure, because I'm sure the bears were doing fine before they were white, so there wasn't really any pressure from obvious negative traits. It just sorta happened.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
I'm so sick of this argument, I will murder the shit out of the next polar bear I see.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Don't blast bears, bizal. They're an enbangered becies!

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

But the real question is... Why is it hard to see a baby polar bear in a snow storm? ^_^

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

There are other contributing factors to that mechanism, however. If the bears had a beneficial mutation, by the nature of living in the forest they would be competing with the un-benefiting bears, eating more, and having more bear babies. The uncamouflaged bears would be out-competed overtime, and the polar bears would be having so many more baby bears by comparison that even the brown and black bears would be running out of non-brown-or-black bears to have brown or black baby bears with and would have to bang the unbigmented bastards.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Your alliteration skills are confusing me, science wizard.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

I asked a professional zookeeper (my wife). This is my summary of her answers for you:

Their fur isn't white, it's clear, so the argument is irrelevant. They also have dark skin to stay warm. They only look white to us.

Air pressure doesn't make sense because if their fur was white it would be to stay cool in warm weather which would imply low air pressure, but it isn't a factor at all.

Natural selection pressure is a stretch, but I guess. It is clear to allow sunlight through to their skin to heat it while trapping that heat inside. So, natural selection might be an argument for clear fur for more efficient heating (not camouflage), and that would make them look white to us.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
@ISentinelPenguinI has it right. You should really trust a penguin on this.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Selection pressure would imply that there used to be many different colors of polar bears or fur color is really important. You would have to show that the survivability of a bear was dependent on camouflage or fur color. That just isn't true.

It also would easily be countered by talking about penguins for predators in arctic climates. A large number of Penguins are black. They don't blend in with anything in the snow. They hunt fish and do quite well on the other end of the world in similar environmental conditions. Polar bears aren't that dependent on being white since they are about the biggest and strongest animal in their food chain.

I believe I said that even if we assume that somehow the polar bear answer works, the answer still can't be pressure. However, polar bears aren't white due to any type of pressure without some disgusting stretch. Again, you could try the "air pressure is higher with cold air systems, so the cold weather (which is why polar bears are white in this argument) would be higher air pressure than a warm climate." You could try for the natural selection approach, but I think you will have more of a stretch and hit more pot holes than the temperature one.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
But can you solve the riddle?

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The answer is no or nothing. Nothing fits all of the requirements, and I can't provide a logical answer. What do you look at and suddenly pop? No one would know. Anyone who has seen it would be dead. Of course, unless that means to "explode" with anger. Then I would say discussions about polar bears fur colors. Mizal took one look and "popped."

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

OK normally I get paid to explain this stuff. If there is a chance of a beneficial mutation then there is also selection pressure. The selection pressure is actually the amount by which the mutation is beneficial

Selection is not about survivability, it is about reproduction, i.e. the number of viable offspring you can produce. The white fur is essential for polar bear predation on land which is in turn essential for reproducing. This has been confirmed in experiments.

Penguins aren't land predators, so they don't worry much about scaring away their prey. However the coats of penguins provide pretty good camoflage in shallow water, and have allegedly evolved for that reason.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

The "make girls comb their hair" part and "make normal people look like celebrities" part can be explained as social pressure or peer pressure. It can be argued that girls want to look nice due to peer pressure, and celebrities often start fashion trends that spread due to social pressure to be fashionable. I agree that the other 3 lines make no sense.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yeah, peer/social pressure makes those two lines work. I can get behind that. It didn't occur to me at the time of writing the previous post though.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
Good, this argument is over right? I swtg that I was going mad because of it.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

comb your hair so you don't get nasty ass knots and clumps in it 

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago
It ends like it started.
Always close, yet never in reach.
All of us have seen it,
yet never shall we see it again.

Logic Puzzles

3 years ago

Yesterday?