Player Comments on Death Song

I recently realized that I never reviewed this after reading a few months ago. So I decided to read through just one path as a refresher before writing up a review. I should have known I would be unable to stop at one. The only thing keeping me from rereading the whole, beautiful thing was the reminder that I had sworn to have the review written before bed.
And it truly is a beautiful story. It has a quite different tone from Necromancer, yet is structurally quite similar. While it seems to be the "Gloomy Sunday" of CYS, this story did not leave me with a crippling depression of any sort. However, I cannot say that I did not find the endings absolutely haunting--especially when he hummed a tune to bring himself to a different place before he died.
The story itself is very engaging. Reading it after Necromancer was a good choice, I believe, as that allowed me to enjoy the full SMITING OF THE ENEMIES to full effect before seeing the other side. I am sure my eventual rereading Necromancer will be an altered experience, and that's not a bad thing. It was also nice to see characters such as the vampires and the sister from another perspective.
The pacing was very well-done, and I enjoyed reading the letters to home. They added to the emotional impact too. None of the endings felt sloppy or rushed and as always, I enjoyed the Cave of Time branching style.
If you are looking for a light, feel-good story, Death Song is not for you. However, it is far from depressing. It is more like going through pictures of a dead loved one.
Thank you for this fine story.
-- Cricket on 4/2/2019 2:36:18 AM
After reading Necromancer and finding it the best and most touching multiple choice story I ever reed, it was only natural that I soon followed with Death Song. This story, as explained in the description, is an equal to Necromancer, so there will be references to it.

On with the review:

Characters:
Being the characters one of the most important thing for me, I’ll start with them. The characters in Death Song are all fleshed out, even when most of them lack names. This is in part due to Necromancer not having names either, most characters in both of these stories are spoken to or about with titles. Still, this is completely intentional, as this kind of anonymity amplifies the “nature” of each character.

I can relate very well to the emotions of the main character, because these are pretty simple. He just wants to help his family and do what he loves most: play music. It is, in this sense, the most normal of Endmaster’s protagonist, as he is an everyman rather than someone exceptional (although some of the things he does could be considered as such).

Plot:
There is a lot to be said about this one. The game doesn’t have a definite plot, and it could be simplified as helping your family whilst getting into terrible situations you have no control over. However there is far more beyond this, or at least that is my perception.

It really deals with the tragedy of human existence: death. Death is everywhere in this story, it surrounds the character until it finally gets him, no matter what he does. The take on this is masterfully executed by characterising death with a single individual, someone who everyone wants to stop as in the very embodiment of death itself. By doing this, it follows the finest tradition of science fiction and to a lesser extent fantasy by putting such philosophical thoughts in a distant story so that they can be understood.

The tone is very dark, serious and depressing, making Death Song a very distinct and unique story compared to others from Endmaster. This doesn’t detract from it, though, in fact, it does quite the contrary. It is the perfect tone to accompany such a tale, and it shows that the author can not only write well in one style but also excel at plenty others.

The main ending is probably one of the best endings I have ever seen. It is absolutely fabulous and it would be worth playing the entire story just for it (even if the rest wasn’t worthy, which is not the case).

My only complain about the plot would be the second way. While it is very interesting too, it is very short in comparison to the main one, and the ending isn’t quite as satisfying. It changes the atmosphere quite a lot, similarly as the alternate way in Necromancer, but that isn’t a bad thing.

Consequence:
It is important for a fictional world to have definite rules that are followed all the time; otherwise, it is inconsequential and its choices become just random luck. This isn’t generally the case with Death Song, as with Necromancer. There is something I don’t quite understand though, and it is the rules of the afterlife. Do bad people go to Hell always, or only when a demon kills them? It is implied that they always do, but this is the first time this is mentioned in this particular world. It can still be understood, so it isn’t a major problem.

Writing and vocabulary:
The vocabulary in Death Song is very rich and adequate, even more so than with the rest of Endmaster’s stories, although that is logical given in the general tone of this story. It is as such more distant, but that isn’t a problem as it feels pretty close despite this and it is still more appropriate to the tone. It can be read very easily, like the rest of these stories.

Technical details:
There are no noticeable grammatical or orthographical errors and the layout is just fine.

Tying:
This is a special thing to rate. This story is supposed to be an equal to Necromancer, so it should then have perfect correlation with it. It has to a great extent, as it follows the “true” path of Necromancer flawlessly. As such, you should really read it before this one, as it will contain major spoilers.

Conclusions:
This is a great story on it’s own right and a great equal to Necromancer, despite being completely different in tone and style. The main branch definitely deserves an 8/8, but since the side one doesn’t really keep up as well, It should be lowered to a 7/8. Then again I can't bear to rate such a grat story like that, and I am a very big hypocrite, so it gets the 8. Despite all this, I really recommend anyone who isn’t depressed to read it, you will thoroughly enjoy it. Do not take this warning as a joke, though, it is not. The tone is really, really depressing, and you probably shouldn’t play it if you already feel like this.

Also, thanks again to Endmaster for keeping the quality on all of his stories. This is definitely one of your best and I did really enjoy reading it.
-- Martin_Silenus on 1/7/2017 8:20:00 PM
Beautiful, touching and powerful. Fantastic storytelling as always by EndMaster, but I think this storygame shows a different side to his writing than usual. There's less incest, infant homicides and the like. The protagonist isn't a grumpy misanthropic badass tyrant. This is the story of just an ordinary guy doing his best to survive as everything he holds dear is slowly destroyed.

As other people say, the 'true' ending was a real tearjerker. It is one of my favourites out of all of this author's endings. Heck, it's probably in my top 10 favourite endings of all works of fiction.

The not so good ending was the final ending of the mercenary path. I know it was mentioned in the description that you can't 'win' but I was still disappointed. It felt like a very unsatisfying finish after having played through all the rest to get there.
-- 31TeV on 9/10/2014 2:32:19 PM
Ah, magnificent. I played Necromancer and playing this story was a beautiful compliment. I give it a simple 10/10 since, well, it's simply fantastic. There are a couple grammar mistakes near the beginning, but I was too engrossed in the story to notice them much. I am a great fan of all your work and eagerly look forward for more.
-- MeetaCheeta on 7/14/2019 6:59:07 PM
[SPOILERS AHEAD]

Welp, I guess my 'soft spot' for demons fucked me over. I was doomed to an eternity of playing the lute. I assumed the mercs spoke ill of the demons mostly out of bloodthirst and somewhat misplaced anger. Throughout this path I chose, I never felt truly in control, but that's probably because I overthink things like these to the point of self-defeat. This is my first time ever doing something like this; I appreciated both the amount of complexity the story provided and also the lack of it. Hopefully that made sense. I believe you've just started a new hobby for me.
-- wait...fuck. on 6/28/2019 2:20:29 AM
Really good. Really long. But very logical and practical choices. Kudos to the Endmaster for great storytelling
-- RamDanny on 6/10/2019 9:54:47 AM
This was a great story. Especially at the ending (SPOILER) where you play one last time for the great lich lord (SPOILER) it made me think deeply about my own life. What my "music" is, so to speak, and about the inevitability of things. Though I disagree that we cannot overcome our natures, I loved the concept and theme of the story all the way through.
-- Zealot on 5/24/2019 3:57:39 PM
And amazingness has struck again. I was blown away when I figured out that the mercenary captain was the father from necromancer. While I like that one better this one is amazing as well. Though playing necromancer first enhanced the experience a lot
-- Serpent on 5/15/2019 7:26:50 PM
Damn
-- Peebis on 5/13/2019 9:33:45 PM
It was okay. Never got a good ending. Writing was eh... But, certainly not a waste of time.
-- thereddragonborn on 4/11/2019 10:52:59 PM
Yet another excellent story from EndMaster. I don't even know why I haven't played it to this point, considering that I found "Eternal" and "Necromancer" stuff of gold. Death of main character was beautifully executed, it was just as meaningless and unresolved as it should have been. Contrast of Necromancer - a mighty lord of death - and main character - an everyman inclined towards music - was also awesome. Of course, the story is very hopeless and grim in its tone but along with sarcastic wit that's stuff of EndMaster isn't it? I recommend it to anyone who has some free time.
-- Eternal on 3/3/2019 7:38:54 AM
I struggled through the game early on, but later got the feel for what would be "right" but often went down other paths just to see what the author had planned. A very well thought out and beautifully crafted story. Kudos.
-- Robert Harrison on 2/24/2019 12:34:52 AM
peace is the good ending right?
-- neal on 12/18/2018 2:39:30 PM
this was kinda boring i died super quick and well i didn’t really like it maybe if you make different choices it can get fun but i didn’t think it was
-- diseldoog on 11/18/2018 2:23:25 PM
amazing, i have no words
-- DaLichKing on 10/3/2018 2:03:13 PM
It definitely was a good story, and I liked seeing how the events portrayed in necromancer are seem from a musician trying to help his family.
I didn't feel like there was much of a resolve though, and it was mostly just a kind of unfulfilled death that had no meaning whatsoever. However, I cannot say that I didn't enjoy seeing the litches dad, and how he was affected as this plays out.
Great job once more endmaster, I love how well written your stories are, and please do me fantasy's.
-- Jake on 10/3/2018 12:10:12 AM
One of the best choose your own adventure storys I've ever read.
-- Lachlan on 9/7/2018 7:42:03 AM
A few grammar errors but it really touched me and i think this and Necromancer is a must read for anyone who enjoys this type of story
-- APigWithAHat on 7/3/2018 8:18:54 PM
I got to the Performance!
-- josephlapras on 5/24/2018 12:03:10 AM
Imagine the Twilight Zone crossed with D&D. That's basically the tone of this story. Twisting, turning!
-- phoenix4747 on 4/14/2018 9:26:52 PM
Thi is no way to live.Come on.I bursted out laughing with that beggining.Ok.It was super good.It was cool.
-- When I'll die my name won't ma on 4/10/2018 8:22:28 AM
One Last Song...
-- TheHumanCookie on 3/21/2018 1:05:00 PM
Beautiful compliment to "Necromancer", and the letters added a layer of detail I hadn't seen yet.
-- chaooverlord on 10/26/2017 3:25:00 AM
The ending was one of the most touching and moving endings I've ever read. I love your stories so much, thank you for contributing so much to this site.
-- baka on 10/20/2017 12:56:52 AM
I loved the ending (played for the lich lord ) it was very good
-- ekkiller17 on 9/14/2017 11:32:42 AM
good
-- denis17 on 9/13/2017 4:28:51 PM
Such a moving story, absolutely incredible
-- James on 9/11/2017 2:19:02 PM
Beautiful
-- Kingkingington on 9/8/2017 12:26:19 AM
I don't comment on things often. Normally only if they're truly horrible or amazing. Let me tell you, this is not the former. I played this story once a while ago and decided to play it again. I really don't think I got the true ending on that first play through because the ending genuinely made me cry. It takes a lot to bring me to tears but this author truly delivered. All in all probably the best story I've ever seen, on this website or otherwise and I would say that if you ever got the opportunity to play this game do it.
-- Avery Davenport on 7/17/2017 12:15:16 AM
EndMaster does it once again, I believe I reached the true ending since it was the furthest I believe I could have gotten too and it left me with a positive feeling after what my character had been through. I was so engrossed in the character that I wish I could hear him play to see how beautiful his music really was. Maybe in another life he could have shared it with the world but you know with that pesky Necromancer, death was certain. Death is love, Death is life.
-- Nick on 7/14/2017 12:08:08 AM
what a butiful and heartfelt story. I have absolutely no words for such a tale. I must say, that the author has done an outstanding job of plot progression. Being an author myself, I am truly impressed with this one and also the necromancer as well.
-- darkblade98 on 7/10/2017 3:31:52 AM
amazing. in a depressing sort of way. almost makes me regret enjoying necromancer so much lol.
-- raditz on 6/13/2017 5:03:36 PM
Made me shed a tear.
-- Obaam on 6/6/2017 9:53:55 PM
Excellent story telling
-- Yashamaru on 6/2/2017 2:10:19 AM
I loved the necromancer story and this one is also amazing. The character and story is really great and it equals to the necromancer stroy. 8/8
-- Simon123 on 5/20/2017 8:17:44 AM
At first it was fun but in the end there was no way to stay alive the death wasnt even a noble one. The story was decent but everything I was fighting for was lost.
-- Iquarius on 3/15/2017 8:43:04 AM
When I got to the ending of One last song, I actually started crying. Endmaster, every single story you write makes me want to explore and finish every ending.

I am amazed at the stories you can write. I can't wait for your next story
-- qawsed123 on 3/5/2017 2:33:07 PM
I love this just as much as Necromancer, if not more. I've spent hours replaying all of your stories to get the best ending there is. I love your works, Endmaster. I say you should publish the canon path as a book or something, because this story is remarkable.
-- Matthias on 3/4/2017 11:32:30 AM
Awesome. Doomed forever. love it!
-- bengalhoel on 2/22/2017 6:40:41 PM
Way too many deaths, too often you get 2 or 3 choices and only 1 doesn't kill you.
-- Mormanade on 2/21/2017 6:39:42 PM
my first ending is "one last song" i don't hate it, and it was a great out come.
-- SaitenX on 2/15/2017 2:53:49 AM
The sweetest thing I've ever read, made me emotional
-- TeutonMichaelP on 1/13/2017 3:59:57 PM
This was such a great story, I like how it puts you into the position of just another number and statistic of The Necromancer evil.
-- CowBoySkinnyLinny on 1/2/2017 3:47:00 AM
At first, I was under the misconception that this is going to be another Necromancer, another epic adventure of a zombie bard who kills everything with his song of death.

I'm glad I was wrong.

The idea behind this story was ingeniously brilliant! Instead of a alternate reality spin-off or a sequel to the original Necromancer, we are presented with a tale of a single man, whose only desire was to support his family and play songs while making merry. The twist was that he lives in the same time period as the Great Lich Lord. Yeah, you can probably guess how that will go.

One thing I have to criticize on (which is rare since I mostly don't do those) is the sense of linearity to the story. I mean, Necromancer went pretty deep with its 'alternative' branching route and I was disappointed with Death Song lack thereof.

I guess it was unavoidable because Death Song is set in the same timeline as the Necromancer story and can't truly spread its wings wider without changing or even completely eradicating the events that had already been written in the previous story game. I have to praise EndMaster though, this story completely integrates itself into the timeline as if it was always planned to exist in the first place!

(That might have been the case maybe.)

Anyway, aside of the that I could confidently suggest this wonderful story to anyone who's in the mood for some minor feels and great writing overall. Reading Necromancer first is not mandatory, but extremely recommended.
-- PRONTO3000 on 12/8/2016 9:26:34 AM
I was hooked to the story, it's very well-written. This is the best story-game I have ever played.
-- Voltage on 12/7/2016 11:50:22 PM
Great story.
-- Voltage on 12/7/2016 1:49:11 PM
Amazing! I had a lot of fun playing/reading this. It was very unique and very well written.
-- RavenAsakura on 12/7/2016 9:42:58 AM
Great Game!!! I spent a few hours on it seeing what the different ending are!!!
-- Kestrelzoo on 12/6/2016 1:58:29 PM
Necromancer was the first story I read on this sight and the best, but this........beautiful, everybody always dreams of taking over the world, if not that then they want to be the knight in white armor charging valiantly to the rescue and destroying the evil in one final strike through the heart. But instead, there are no heroes, there is a soul, the man with the music, doomed to die, he knows it, he's okay with it, proof that you can't always have a happy ending, but that doesn't matter, because if there is any guarantee, it is death, and the fact that no matter how you get there, it's going to be one hell of a ride.
-- Reaver17 on 11/25/2016 2:40:27 AM
All I have to say is, EndMaster is the Picasso of CYOA.
-- MinnieKing on 11/6/2016 5:13:19 PM
As always an immersive and enjoyable story. It's always hard to sum your works up as they are simply far better than my own but it was a great read with all the hall marks of good writing: Character development, solid plot and great description.
-- FeanorOnForge on 10/21/2016 1:27:22 PM
Awesome! The author is talented story-weaver. Would be nice if the story was proof-read, but overall, excellent work.
-- Grotug on 10/16/2016 11:56:45 AM
Truly the most wonderful thing i've ever read. Keep up the good work pal :)

Really liked the music ending...
-- John on 10/9/2016 11:44:36 PM
The ending is very sad but also beautiful.
-- Angela on 9/30/2016 1:45:01 PM
The "postitive" endings really touched me, you just wanting to accept death, wanting to see your family. I just felt that some changes led to insta death. Although in terms of time it wouldn't really be insta death, the links that just lead to death kinda ticked me off. I would have given another link before killing the character
-- Zulutrader on 9/14/2016 10:35:58 AM
A thorough work of art you have completely mastered the art of writing yes i lived till the last and longest possible "death" it inspired me for i am wordless as your work is inexpressable in the terms of mere words.
-- Tkrocks on 9/9/2016 3:28:14 PM
Ahhh the life of a simple mortal, I wish that was my destiny as well, unfortunately, my role in my story far exciseds a normal human's.
-- Léo Lelouch on 9/6/2016 1:43:58 AM
damn... the "true" ending was deep. great game. 8/8
-- Sharkworld78 on 8/31/2016 1:51:53 AM
Such a heart wrenching tale, but absolutely fabulous! I read all the endings. While I know which one the author considers a win. I still preferred the mercenary tale ending, maybe that's the warrior spirit in me I don't know.
-- BigRonn77 on 8/2/2016 3:48:54 PM
Wow. Every ending is sad huh? Amazing story.
-- AstoundingStories on 7/22/2016 12:03:29 AM
Beautiful ;)
-- UWBW on 7/8/2016 3:21:05 PM
sad but true. Where are the gods? Thank you endmaster. It brought me inlightenment. 8/8.
-- Imortal on 7/4/2016 2:38:18 AM
This and necromancer are truly hidden gems.
-- Tunnel_Rat on 6/29/2016 11:15:20 PM
That was an amazing story. It was so well written, and the characters had so much depth to them. I can't wait to read your others. And by the way, the chapter One Last Song was amazing. I can't believe how far you went with writing this.
-- Black Silverclaw on 6/29/2016 3:12:17 PM
I'm not sure if I won or lost with the ending I had, but that's part of the allure of this game. It's realistic in the choices you can take, and the consequences of those choices. I enjoyed the gritty feel of the life of a mercenary. It's a different take than most portrayals I've seen, where they are unmatched assassins who live the high life.
-- kitkatkaity on 6/21/2016 5:21:21 PM
There is some explicit words in it and it is very graphic, creepy, and violent. This is just an opinion, though so don't base your decision to play it off of just one review.
-- Jessica on 5/30/2016 1:31:18 PM
An absolutely amazing story, I got the ending where the necromancer kills me after raven kills Deliah, I hope there is a better ending. but still one of the best stories I've read. Good job *thumbs up*
-- Read4Ever on 5/15/2016 7:14:12 AM
got the ending a, this book is good but also has many mistakes, the story needs to be revised, but other that this was a very stellar and captivating story(p.s. your Choices don't really matter because if you pick the wrong one the story will just kill you(add more choices and make it mater))
-- sweatymrbj on 5/2/2016 2:44:05 PM
True ending gets me every time
-- EbonVasilis on 4/26/2016 3:28:04 PM
My life was bad. Then I read this.
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 4/21/2016 9:03:13 PM
I wish I could hear the music.
-- Wanderer on 4/15/2016 1:46:49 AM
wow the lich king doesn't even bury you....ashole
-- Shades on 3/5/2016 4:08:27 PM
It made me tear up a little
-- Cosmic comic on 2/20/2016 2:05:08 AM
not bad, not quite as some of the ones at choiceofgames, but still good, jus wish it would let me pick myself a name.
-- powercore on 1/28/2016 12:10:30 AM
OMG this was amazing and at the end when you were old and played one last song i cried ;-; loved it keep up the work :)
but "one last song" i cried for real ;-;
-- AtheistCat on 1/20/2016 12:10:08 PM
It was amazing, necromancer has been my favorite fiction story (besides eternal) on this site and this is just as beautiful a story if not more so than it's "equal" you did a very nice job as always.
-- TheCricket on 1/19/2016 6:44:53 PM
First play. Took the mercenary path. Quite a short one, but worth 8/8.
-- BlurredRight on 1/12/2016 11:17:41 PM
Unbelievably this story is on par with necromancer. The story is amazing(The army one more so). The ending, beautiful. A true masterpiece. I highly recommend completing the army route, at least once. This is amazing, endmaster's writing is nothing less then exceptional.
-- Zen on 12/13/2015 6:38:04 PM
This is so sad, I almost cried...

Now I feel bad for finishing 'Necromancer'. :'(

Well done, not many stories can create such powerful emotion! :)
-- jibberish on 12/2/2015 6:14:05 AM
Brilliant
-- HJPike on 11/29/2015 8:57:06 AM
I'm so tough i got the only the One last song ending with only like 40ish deaths and about 27 hours of play time...and a whole lotta go back button spamming
-- zombot on 11/16/2015 10:25:04 AM
Wow! That was worth every page.I have to hand it to the writer, he is an excellent artist.
-- felix97 on 11/6/2015 9:08:04 AM
This was a great but very saddening story literally almost cried
-- Tetrand on 9/14/2015 12:45:51 AM
It was so sad and heart breaking but still amazing and exciting at the same time. I honestly think you should be an author (if your not already). I actually cried reading this at the end. This will have an impact on my life and for that I thank you and for the amazing story I applaud and encourage you to write more. Thank you.
-- Me on 9/11/2015 12:15:39 AM
Sad...But good...(cries)
-- Avalon on 9/5/2015 1:20:02 PM
was really long explanation for the short time it took me to die. but i men besides that it was pretty good!
-- fiddledrakon on 9/3/2015 8:25:34 PM
It was okay I suppose, nice wording
-- LightningFang on 8/30/2015 5:44:03 PM
First, I'm crying. It makes me say why. That's the part in me that wanted him to live...for humanity to live. The other part applause you from stepping away from the norm and letting the hero fail. Then again, he didn't. Reunited with his loved ones and dying doing what he loved...wow. I just wish he won in the end. Also, wished he got with the Captain of the Mercenaries daughter. Great story and I have seen every single path.
-- Haley on 8/22/2015 3:13:13 AM
Love this epilogue better than necromancer.

Necromancer epilogue seemed discontinued, left out.
-- Red on 8/21/2015 1:40:00 AM

Simply amazing
-- Althaea on 8/14/2015 7:38:19 PM
Wow amazing. I read through every possible ending and it was an outstanding story. Simply Beautiful.
-- Solo on 8/13/2015 6:53:33 AM
This was really interesting and entertaining, but felt a little long and much more story then choosing. Aside from that I loved it. May I also take the time to and I enthuse over the wizard character Wessel, I think it was. He was hilarious and arrogant in a loving way and I absolutely adored him. I would've like to discover what happened to him but of course I ended up dying so...yeah. The point is I really like his dialogue. Great work
-- Jay on 8/8/2015 11:50:59 PM
It's really long but also a good story.
-- Sarah on 8/7/2015 7:35:45 PM
I don't know if I reached the "True end", but I liked this story particulary the ending(Even more than Necromancer). I'm looking forward to your next works.
-- Viorne on 8/7/2015 11:50:27 AM
Definitely awesome read. Will admit there were times when my character might do something stupid outside of my control, but otherwise it was a beautiful interactive tale of sorrow, and the struggle to do just a little bit of good. Felt the writing style could have been done somewhat better, the current writing style used in Necromancer had actually left me believing it was set in a strange modern day wizard place for longer than I care to admit. The writing style lacked a certain refinement that might be expected from a fantasy story. Though my complaints end there. Loved the story, loved the progression and themes present. Was a huge fan of the use of the songs in the story and had a lot of fun exploring the different pathways. Keep up the good work.
-- KIngfisher on 8/5/2015 8:16:35 PM
ending actually made me tear up
-- mailman on 8/5/2015 5:06:18 AM
Yep, go join the army and you'll get the other major ending and it's a slightly happier ending from a certain point of view.
-- EndMaster on 7/28/2015 1:30:08 PM
The story was a bit short for me as i finished it in around 10 minutes.I go the ending in which the captain attacks the Velzix with his son.It was a rather sad ending to this story.Was there any different endings which were better.I'm speaking to you EndMaster.it was one of the best game I've replayed...Like for the 100th Time
-- Arthe6351 on 7/28/2015 11:15:08 AM
This is by far your most emotional story, the true ending was phenomenal, wish I could say more but I can't. This was well worth the time to read through, I enjoyed every second.
-- DeathIncarnate on 7/25/2015 1:36:18 PM
I haven't said this for any other story, but this was incredible. Eye-opening, insightful, moving, inspiring, I loved it. Such a strong character, all the rich, vibrant emotions, the clarity and complexity of the world, of life, of death, it was one of the most amazing story games I have read on this site. Hats off to EndMaster for this.
-- GavinEzraGoh on 7/10/2015 9:10:05 AM
I love all of your stories. They each are unique and have their own style. You'll never get cheated if you want something full-blown like this.

To me, this is one of your best.It's got spunk,style, and rich characters. Sometimes, I can't even believe someone made this. It's touchy with hardworksmenship, and has a bit of real life on every page. I like seeing you put blood,work,and sweat into each story.

Don't stop now
Sicerly,
GiraffeDino
-- GiraffeDino on 7/5/2015 8:09:51 PM
I loved this story! especially the fact that it took place during the necromancer i think you should do other stories that take place during ground zero(you play as the president) and eternal too.
-- Michael on 6/12/2015 6:35:54 PM
Great story please make more red this and necromance
-- Logan on 6/7/2015 11:26:49 PM
I think it is a VERY good story. I have yet to find a way to live though and my ending was kind of sad
-- i prefer not to say on 5/26/2015 7:19:32 PM
This game is coop
-- xenobria sutton on 5/25/2015 3:33:23 PM
Hello EndMaster. I find your writing very good, don't get me wrong, it's just I don't exactly like the plot....but still. Beautifully written.
-- OmegaKillerKris on 5/24/2015 4:19:04 PM
This... Oh shit. This was beautiful. So far, this is my favourite story on the site. Oh man, that ending was so wonderfully executed. 8/8
-- Xiro on 5/24/2015 9:18:08 AM
Wow. I thought that the end of Necromancer was good. The last song is amazing. @Endmaster you have a real gift. You truly are a Master of Endings.
-- Kitsumaru on 5/23/2015 1:39:50 AM
Ugh. This sucks
-- Fiercerose123 on 5/21/2015 6:54:16 PM
Best. Game. Ever.
-- TheBossWriter on 5/15/2015 5:28:48 PM
Very good, ive been looking for something like this for a while, enjoyed it
-- Hugh on 5/14/2015 11:47:10 AM
I'm sorry but it was boring??
-- Ky35 on 5/5/2015 1:37:24 PM
It's a great story right here. I hope you'll write more, though somehow I doubt it. Great job as always!
-- Claw2k11 on 5/5/2015 11:57:50 AM
Lived long anuf to play a song to the linch king first try, playing necromaner befor hand helped thought. Good job Endmaster.
-- Dmanxbox on 4/28/2015 10:04:11 PM
You weren't kidding about the "dying world" huh? No matter what I tried, I couldn't alter the timeline and everyone died. Aside from the hopeless sense of futility, it was another great story by the Master of Endings
-- Reader on 4/14/2015 5:06:10 PM
what the heck you had to die
-- collin2020 on 4/6/2015 9:11:42 AM
Thank you for this amazing read, while not having all those little nuances and the like that professional writers use, i connected emotionally with the story and enjoyed reading it.
At the end of the day, is that not all that matters?
-- Scooby Doobie Doo on 3/31/2015 9:17:44 AM
It was a good read and i realy liked the tie in with necromancer.

But i dont like that evrey time you get the choice of staying at home, it's the same result.
-- ffngg on 3/30/2015 6:44:56 AM
Didn't like it at all. Super hard. Like Jolly Ranchers.
-- Ginger on 3/18/2015 8:59:07 AM
The "True Ending" always gets me right in the feels. *sniff*
-- Malkalack on 3/17/2015 11:13:06 AM
Loved the story and the references to the Necromancer one.
-- Zeiss on 3/7/2015 7:26:28 PM
Dude, this game is awesome!! But how in the world does this make any sense? I loved it but I was so confused at the end because I thought there would have been more. not spoiling anything but Big Red I hate you now! I thought for a second you were okay but you son of a biscuit played me!! ugh
-- LA on 3/6/2015 11:57:27 PM
Had a good time with this worth the read.
-- Aaron on 3/6/2015 5:22:20 PM
omg
-- katkid98 on 3/6/2015 9:08:51 AM
i like the way it has a story
-- Matthew on 3/2/2015 2:50:31 PM
It... WILL BRING YOU ENLIGHTMENT >:O
-- iiPotato on 2/28/2015 11:04:49 PM
I thought it was pretty good but the fact that there was only one way to move on or you die. -_-
-- iiPotato on 2/28/2015 11:02:42 PM
Yeppp.. Time to poop on this.
-- iiPotato on 2/28/2015 11:00:37 PM
its pretty legit
-- KiritoLeeWillis on 2/21/2015 6:14:26 PM
OMG
-- Emma Williamson on 2/19/2015 6:13:21 PM
good
-- Anime_Fan on 2/18/2015 12:31:30 PM
This is sad but really fun to read well done as always :D
-- IzanagiNoOkami on 2/12/2015 1:09:59 PM
One of the best I've played. Story is amazing and there are a lot of options as well... All in all it's very entertaining
-- TheScarecrow on 2/4/2015 10:56:10 AM
Epic As Always Endmaster!!!
-- TheFluentReader on 2/2/2015 11:43:18 AM
teeenk uuuu i fought through hordes ran like a bech once lost everything that mattered to me exept meh flut which played for the queen and was allowed to truly die YUSSSSSS!?
-- Ò_Ó on 1/27/2015 6:25:06 PM
Not a fan of the first ending i got and had a few things messed up in the story but it was fun
-- stownr on 1/26/2015 3:06:41 AM
This was the first time a mixture of words have ever made feel so much emotion after going back and seeing every ending. I can now see why so much praise.
-- Uncool on 1/25/2015 6:44:47 PM
It was surprisingly interesting.
-- Uncool on 1/25/2015 2:05:39 PM
And thats why its called death song...damn
-- Jeff on 1/22/2015 3:54:13 AM
Pretty Amazing story as always Endmaster!!!
-- TheFluentReader on 1/21/2015 9:30:31 AM
good
-- arthe on 1/17/2015 9:37:23 AM
Yea, he got eaten
-- Maryanne on 1/16/2015 6:46:06 PM
I.....This...How does he do it?I do not understand how this man has not made a career from hes writing yet.EndMaster is the fucking best at what he does,and im not sure that anything can compare to hes work.This,is the second best thing i have ever read (Including books) only to be outdone by hes best work,Eternal.8/8 m8.10 out of fucking 10,there is not a lot that comes close.
-- VukBozic on 1/14/2015 1:38:00 AM
sorry about the 2nd comment, don't know if there's some rule about it or something, anyway just finished reading the story completely, and got the true ending, i have to say it's a lot more detailed than The Necromancer was, you can actually feel the emotional journey and struggle of the protagonist in a doomed and dreary world, and are captivated the whole way through. where the gods are is a good question raised throughout the series, they're obviously there with magic existing, and time travel. and that part about the holy might being summoned, have they left? or simple stopped caring is left up to the readers imagination, it really scales well, i would have liked to see more "true" endings and maybe an epilogue or two for the bard, definitely has the potential for this universe to be revisited i think, i wish you well in all your other story making endeavors :) 8/8
-- TheIllusionist on 1/7/2015 12:18:49 PM
good game syncs up well with the original necromancer storyline, didn't catch on immediately that the captain was the necromancers father, rating of 7 for spelling errors and such, i personally chose the ending that synced up with my headcanon, there was no hell just peace, i do like the fact that in your games the MC's are Nameless adds to the immersion of it.
-- TheIllusionist on 1/6/2015 12:27:26 AM
SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME
-- dragon396 on 12/31/2014 5:45:31 PM
not sure how well I did but i died at the gates of hell just before i was abandoned by my team... was their an option of success? Totally cool storyline though, defiantly worth reading!
-- Sarah on 12/26/2014 4:57:18 PM
It was really fun :P I died in peace...
-- deivmin on 12/26/2014 11:24:11 AM
I'm not sure if I hate or love this story, ether way it still made me cry at the end.
-- Nullhound on 12/19/2014 7:56:06 AM
Amazing
-- logan on 12/14/2014 2:46:53 AM
By far, my favourite game I have ever played on here. The attention to detail is astounding, and certain scenes were very heartbreaking to read, in particular the ending where he plays one last song.
-- Jokine on 11/30/2014 2:50:17 AM
It was interesting. But all it was was interesting. I feel it would be more exciting if you had more opportunities to "choose your story"
-- Harper on 11/26/2014 1:34:04 PM
Wow. Just wow. I took the mercenary and military route to understand the whole story and let me tell you.. Wow. The ending was so depressing yet great because you basically force the reader/player to either love it or hate. It was a great experience and I'm delighted to give my feedback on this one. Bravo.
-- Qaadir on 11/24/2014 12:54:01 AM
good, very good
-- CHOWHALL8777 on 11/23/2014 9:06:52 PM
That was a great little addition to the necromancer I still kind of want to see the adventures he will go on in the multiverse but this was a neat and lengthy story
-- Nick on 11/17/2014 1:16:47 AM
Is their a ending where the undead don't win?
-- kralgh on 11/12/2014 2:41:51 AM
Final tie-in.
-- TricMagix on 11/6/2014 11:10:45 AM
One last note, one last verse, damn this game brought tears to my eyes. Welp, time to replay it and see what the mercs have for me!
-- neogreggory on 10/29/2014 11:55:27 AM
Play the Necromancer instead. Good game.
-- Atlas on 10/26/2014 4:11:32 PM
My first time going through this I wasn't satisfied but then a joined the ARMY and I had such an awesome time reading this. Truly Awesome story!
-- D34DS0ldi3R on 10/24/2014 10:40:38 PM
Holy shit... I nearly bloody cried at that ending. 20/8.

Everything feels inadequate now. The only fantasy ever to incite this kind of emotion for me was LOTR. Until this.

Damn, End. Just damn. This is beyond awesome. This is... flawless! Also, I enjoy the way you made Catalina and The Great Lich Lord into people, as opposed to just fantasy villains. I actually felt sorry for them.

Hell, I felt sorry for everyone in that story. Poor Mom. :(

I wonder what you do for a living; I would be truly baffled if it was anything other than a professional author.

I will now go ravenously devour your other stories. Good day.

-- Malkalack on 10/22/2014 7:20:56 PM
This is the best story game I have ever had the pleasure of reading through, and playing
-- Kyro on 10/21/2014 12:01:29 AM
Feels like a teenage boy wrote this. dialogue is silly
-- fred on 10/18/2014 2:38:42 PM
That... was deep. Personally I've always enjoyed the concept of being a Bard, and I enjoy being so in Roleplaying games whenever possible. But this blew even the vague notion I had out of the water. A beautifully sad ending. I really appreciate it.
-- gizmatic21 on 10/14/2014 1:13:20 PM
the more i read the more i dislike.
-- RockinTurtle on 10/12/2014 9:10:39 AM
Pretty hard choices. But so far it seems very biased. If you make one bad choice and live, then the rest of your choices do not matter cause that one bad choice will kill you no matter what.
-- RockinTurtle on 10/11/2014 3:20:15 PM
Woah! I thought that was cool! I love this!
-- Jackson on 10/7/2014 2:11:55 PM
survived 40 year after nuro just to play one last tune for the necromancers 8/8
great story
please write more
-- josh on 9/16/2014 3:10:55 PM
now i know who the other guy was.
it filled some plot holes from necromancer... 8/8
-- josh on 9/16/2014 4:42:24 AM
This was amazing... but the good guys can't win.
-- Nathan on 9/14/2014 11:58:22 AM
It is nice
-- monmanfy on 9/13/2014 8:35:49 AM
I've read a few adventures in chooseyourstory. Death song stands out with the plot and the characters, but it needs some more polishing. I've felt some intensity here and there, but that's about it. Pretty fun and I was aghast at the twist at the end, although I was half expecting it, it was nice go see how things turned out. Keep on writing, I look forward for your next piece.
-- The wolf on 9/9/2014 2:16:35 AM
Not very exciting, but still well written. 4/8
-- Ian on 9/6/2014 9:52:53 PM
The first game I played on this site was Eternal, and I loved it, but since then I've played Necromancer, Ground Zero, and this. I love your stories, I especially loved this one, the different nods to necromancer, especially in the real ending. Weird effectively having a conversation with the person I raised from a bumbling wizard into a God of Death, but I loved it. I'm going to play a lot more of your stuff.
-- Adam Baker on 8/29/2014 8:27:18 PM
This was a very nicely done choose-your-own-adventure story with a lot of choice and many paths and options. The story is large enough for replayability and a sense of adventure, but is compacted enough so that it doesn't lose its overall plot.

The endings were executed well, but I thought that the Last Song could have been lengthened out a little bit more, even if it was about time that the story had ended.

Overall, I can see that the author put a lot of time and effort into writing up this story, and it resulted in an enjoyable story overall. :)
-- SkyTenshi on 8/24/2014 11:04:21 PM
This still remains my favorite story that Endmaster has written.
-- Firewing on 8/21/2014 3:49:31 PM
The whole story was actually quite enjoyable to read and go through. I only did one good run through with it and I ended up dying to the blades of the undead. I guess this taught me that there are some choices that may seem bad, but in the long run it is actually good for you. ++!
-- UnsoundMrBlaze on 8/16/2014 6:21:17 PM
A fantastic new view point in the Necromancer universe. Really made me dislike the Necromancer.

7/8
-- Serenemyth on 7/29/2014 6:20:41 PM
very good storygame
-- Scrappydoo1996 on 7/16/2014 6:34:04 PM
Played this after finishing Necromancer, and let me say that the perspective flip is very much worth it. Touching in some places and depressing in others, the fact that the ultimate outcome was almost always the same didn't detract from the story. Definitely worth playing.
-- the_quiller on 7/11/2014 3:32:01 AM
There was no Hell, just peace.
-- norton158 on 7/8/2014 8:47:44 PM
It was really well writen and I find it hard to see how every ending was "horrible", as I was led to believe. It took a while, but I believe I got that "win" ending. I managed to survive for 40 years after the Nuro incident and died peacefully with one last song. The story did get dry in parts though, and it was not so much a "choice" game rather than a surviving one; however, you are a brilliant writer and capture melancholy and death like no other - for this I applaud you.
-- Addison on 7/4/2014 5:13:04 PM
I have played hell lot of cyoa before.. But never played such before.. Its simply the best..
-- salvator786 on 6/23/2014 12:20:20 AM
Wow this is really sad. But the story was really amazing. I wish there were more stories in the Necromancer universe.
-- alabged on 6/22/2014 5:24:10 AM
Wow the depressing elements are astonishing. There is an overhanging knowledge that you probably won't survive always. And when the end comes (and I liked how it's an end more than an epilogue) you feel it. I admire how much you got the reader to know and love the character and that makes the eventual close more striking
-- Noirbard on 6/21/2014 4:58:35 AM
I would say its a a good side story to necromancer.
-- dudeguy on 6/16/2014 7:53:53 PM
I liked it. It was a real story. I was only the soldier. It was a sad story, but I thought it was worthwhile.
-- Snowstar128 on 6/12/2014 10:56:15 PM
I loved necromancer and the ending of the story was very good. It was overall very well written and one of my favorite stories.
-- Xcizer on 6/10/2014 6:37:56 PM
Hmm, it was okay but a bit boring tbh :)
-- Tinydash on 6/10/2014 1:12:16 PM
Better than the Necromancer...obviously
-- Boericson on 6/4/2014 4:54:34 PM
Amazing, but the difficulty should be a nine (Sleeping under an active Saturn V rocket) as I only know one "good" ending, although it might be the OCD that makes me only want the "happy" ending (or the best for my character, whatever) Endmaster, you should make more stories, the site will truly benefit from that.
-- Omegagoldfish on 6/2/2014 6:44:03 PM
Very good story and better than necromancer in my opinion.
-- Madbrad200 on 5/25/2014 7:47:46 AM
I actually cried when reading this. It has so much feelings in it especially towards the end. Thank you for the good read.
-- R on 5/19/2014 9:34:29 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It felt a little linear until I realized that it was going on at the same time as "Necromancer".
-- jamescoker1226 on 5/9/2014 8:37:30 PM
This deserves that 8. I really have nothing else to say in front of this incredibly well written out story.
-- Lunican on 5/6/2014 7:17:04 PM
Why? Why did I suffer through hell and playing music for all eternity?
-- qatar on 4/26/2014 10:36:19 PM
I cant believe how you did it, the story was magnificent. I just could not stop reading. How you wrote it just made me able to imagine it. How you could ever come up with something like this is phenomenal.
-- Dovahkiin on 4/25/2014 7:11:06 AM
If Necromancer is the war, Death Song is the fight. Beautiful.
-- Yukabacera on 4/21/2014 2:36:25 AM
Beautiful story! I spent the better part of the afternoon going through all of the scenarios. The one I decided to end on was a 'win' (though there is none in this story) for me!
-- Elektronikrain on 4/13/2014 9:47:20 PM
Absolutely stunning! I never reached the good ending... I'm fairly certain a piece of my heart broke.
-- Bilbo on 4/6/2014 11:32:42 PM
The entire story, especially the ending, was phenomenal. The common theme of loyalty throughout, dashed with plenty of action, humility, and inner monologues with depth. Overall, one of the most engaging and conclusive endings I've read-bringing joy to a world devoid of one. Thanks!
-- mek7 on 4/6/2014 11:04:51 PM
Odd in an extremely good way
-- Xenoturtleman on 4/3/2014 12:56:46 AM
Good story! I died though...
-- Zephyrme2847 on 3/20/2014 2:27:18 AM
Lost for words.........no wait......the hell with it EPIC
-- Leoricus86 on 3/19/2014 3:14:16 PM
The ending was sad but great, and I'm so glad to stay put throughout the entire game. There's a lot of emotions going on even with humor every now and then. Definitely enjoyed myself. :)
-- Jayce on 3/18/2014 6:42:07 AM
Great story. So glad big red was back. All I can say is keep up the good work.
-- KnightOfDreamscapes on 3/17/2014 10:31:49 PM
To WightKnight:

Thanks for the comments, if you're looking for another "epic" there is always Eternal if you haven't read it already.
-- EndMaster on 3/17/2014 3:49:18 AM
Dude, this was completely brilliant. I'm a normally stoic guy but the ending here was sad and perfect. I've been playing your games for a while now, my first being Necromancer, the inspiration for this one I guess? I would like you to know, that you have a nack for this, though sometimes your writing style is Dickish, you know making horrible humor ( a entertaining relief to some of your more severe stories).
Overall I am very pleased with Death Song and your other works. I certainly hope another epic tale of power and badassness is being made. I know I'm rambling but I would like to ask. Are you making anything currently and if so what is it?
I know and author doesn't reveal his secrets but I would like to know of this.
Thank you for the great game!
-- WightKnight46 on 3/16/2014 9:33:34 AM
Awesome story with great storyline.
-- EarthCollision on 3/13/2014 2:25:48 PM
the final good ending made me smile, this was an amazing story and in my opinion much better then Necromancer.
-- AzNGoD150 on 3/10/2014 1:11:08 AM
Great story!

Very entertaining
-- vinru on 2/27/2014 10:46:06 AM
Really good! But I didn't understand the whole army thing.
-- GentleWinterBreeze on 2/20/2014 3:17:52 PM
This is a very well-written story. Unfortunately, it has several typos, but it is exciting and full of detail. I didn't get a very good ending--I got killed by an army of the undead--but I had a lot of fun with it nonetheless. I'll definitely play it again and see what else the story has in store.

6/8
-- cjoll4 on 2/18/2014 3:06:12 PM
Beautiful, a truly moving piece of literature. I applaud you for your dedication and passion, sir.
-- Valamar on 2/17/2014 11:45:42 AM
Truly one of the best games around here! Totally loved every single second of it! Five *****s for sure!!! :-)
-- CardinalSynn on 2/16/2014 10:54:47 PM
Such a sad story. I think it's just as good or better than Necromancer.
-- Spacecats on 2/9/2014 6:47:24 PM
Amazing story as always Endmaster. Read it a long time ago but forgot to give it a rating at the end, just came by to give you one now.
-- Drakilian on 2/8/2014 1:01:05 PM
After that amazingly touching ending, someone had the nerves to put tears on my face... incredibly great... hart to find the right words...
-- Red Mage on 1/30/2014 6:24:11 AM
Better the Necro In my Op.
-- Negative on 1/24/2014 12:30:10 AM
Outstanding, bravo.
-- Fooman182 on 1/17/2014 4:37:09 AM
This Was Awesome I've gone through most of the endings but the good ending was. . . . Something else. . . . It was Beautiful. This one deserves a 10 out of 8 please keep up the good work
-- LoneOkami on 1/16/2014 11:44:55 PM
Aww
-- Altersies on 1/14/2014 9:00:25 PM
This story was nice and smooth. I detected spelling errors very rarely but I still loved the choices! I ended being in hell and becoming big reds slave for music. Better than being eaten and scrapped out over and over huh?

-- Xavier White on 1/10/2014 4:25:48 PM
absolutely incredible story.

I had a blast :D
-- HeresSherlock on 1/6/2014 7:37:54 PM
Very well done.
A different perspective on necromancer. It lets you see the world from those that suffered and struggled to survive.
If you play it right I think your character is the last survivor in existance.
Definitley an equal.
Thank you, author.
-- RJ on 1/3/2014 2:10:54 AM
It's depressing, Sad and even I know everyone would be "wtf" at the start they will know that Catalina is right, you'll lose them in a moment and you have to let go, even though I don't want to kill my own mom as a zombie +-+
-- RabbitSeason on 12/26/2013 7:57:02 AM
the greatest story on this site hands down
-- CLSGatorwrestler on 12/4/2013 11:34:48 PM
I'm speechless. Everything was just...wow. Bravo.
-- David on 12/4/2013 10:56:59 PM
Amazing game! I loved every ending and with each connection back to Necromancer i couldn't help but gush like a fan girl, I can't explain how happy i felt when my immediate prediction that the Merc. Captain was the Necromancer's father.

The story is beautifully played out and i can't help but love the fantasy world you've created. Thanks for giving even more glory to the great and powerful Necromancer, quick witted blood suckers, and warm hearted Bard!

Stay Corrupt,
~Kakuru
-- Kakuru on 12/2/2013 2:12:21 PM
A good friend and leader at my church just moved on, and everyone's been crying and stuff, but as always, I didn't cry a tear. It's always been the way I am, I just don't really get emotional. I read your book, and now I'm all choked up. That was a freaking masterpiece. Eternal is one of my favorite books of all time, CYOA or otherwise, and Necromancer was great too, but this was just so unbelievably touching. That ending... Ugh. Seriously man, you need to polish this, necromancer, and eternal and send it to a publishing company. Eternal first, because I think it would get better overall reception, but all three in the long run. You could seriously be the next big writer, they'll supply editors to help polish even further. If you could choke me up, you've probably got the average reader lying in a pool of their own tears by the end of this. Absolutely spectacular, well done.
-- Brad on 12/2/2013 2:54:04 AM
Depressing. But good. Be glad i do not like reese cups haha
-- boringtuna on 12/2/2013 1:43:47 AM
That was an amazing story, even better than the original and the way it ended, beautiful, 8/8 easily one of the best stories I've read.
-- Keenan on 11/13/2013 9:11:02 PM
Best ending ever....im sad now.....
-- Tim on 11/6/2013 8:55:13 PM
one last song... good ending! very good story telling.
-- Grev on 10/31/2013 2:03:01 AM
You did a good job on this but it was sad.
-- dischead on 10/29/2013 12:38:55 AM
So much more emotive and mature than the main necromancer story. The ending where you play your music for the reborn lich lord himself and his mistress was truly moving and part where you make love to two female vampires on the body of a dead mortal girl shows that the writer is capable of creating macabre and mature pieces. Many more parts like when the siter shoots herself shows a true understanding of emotion
-- Wilko19 on 10/26/2013 7:23:54 PM
This was definitely better than Reese's' Cups
-- SilentSinger on 10/25/2013 6:25:26 PM
So I have gotten the mercinary death ending and the one last verse ending i dont know which one i like they both make me sad :/
-- stormjet64 on 10/22/2013 4:56:17 PM
Great Just like necromancer! Loved how they intertwined!
-- stormjet64 on 10/22/2013 1:26:20 PM
dude this made me feel again
-- web nin on 10/15/2013 2:45:32 PM
Well the only certain thing is death, but lets make it beautiful.
-- JaxTheHunter on 10/15/2013 2:03:12 AM
impresive game.
it's a pety that there isn't realy a "good" ending but i think it makes sense.
keepup the good work and make more games in the same universe
-- josecortez on 10/8/2013 3:20:25 PM
It was really good. I was happy with my ending too. Good job!
-- Phoenix on 10/1/2013 11:41:03 PM
i am reading this one for my assignments, and i have never read the story like this.. it is a good story, but ending sucks, the ending "go to tulun border!"
-- ayemin on 9/26/2013 4:56:57 PM
It was a good ending keep up the good workman you are the most engaging choose your own adventure writer ever and I hope you make more your awesome
-- Liam on 9/23/2013 8:42:45 PM
-- Liam on 9/23/2013 8:41:30 PM
Went through all stories. Great writing just all around. I usually do not leave comments. But honesty just great work.
-- Erick on 9/21/2013 2:53:06 PM
love
-- loved it on 9/17/2013 1:44:07 PM
Much more internal complexity than was in necromancer. Took me a while to get the best ending, but I think that the best ending is one that never ends, like in the necromancer epilogue.
-- alienalpha on 9/17/2013 10:48:50 AM
I think I got the best ending. It made me very sad to see him die, but at least he died happy.
-- minnow on 9/15/2013 10:43:43 PM
Interesting. It's the first game I've played on this site and I think it has potential. Unfortunately I got fried in the first few minutes, so I have to play it some more. Thanks for whetting my appetite though.
-- johndy on 9/14/2013 2:16:36 PM
Give me a hug, i read this 6 times and I still cry
-- Nuclearwarfareaw10 on 9/7/2013 11:58:20 PM
playing necromancer is supposed to be prerequisite for this one. i think this one is much better than necromancer since it has more story to it than the self centered necromancer.

Well humans are supposed to feel happiness even in despair and regret.
-- darrylmontales on 9/6/2013 4:31:52 AM
Absolutely beautiful ending
-- Wongeubing on 8/23/2013 5:50:15 AM
Amazing
-- Lilen on 8/15/2013 1:05:20 AM
Wow. When I played Necromancer I felt like I my conquest was Manifest Destiny, I deserved to do this, it was my FATE!

After playing Death Song, I realised what it would be like to be on the wrong end of that war. Just the insanity setting in... I naturally played this AFTER Necromancer, so I understood what was going on with him...

I think that if these were songs, Necromancer would be this loud orchestra of anger and triumph, and Death Song would be just that, a sweet, sad song that slowly die out, fittingly played upon the lute.

This actually brought tears to my eyes at the end.

Thank You, for writing a tale of what happened to us, the common man.
Thank you for making this art.
-- Who really cares? on 8/10/2013 4:43:12 AM
Really really good, but you know that already.
One small thing I'd like to suggest though. The mercenary path doesn't really seems to be that fleshed out. I'd be great to be able to live through the Venix attack. I know in the Necromancer story line, none of the company survives the attack. However someone needed to, I mean someone needs to survive and tell the tale.
-- woody5000 on 8/7/2013 8:08:39 AM
You're a mean one, making me cry like that.
A beautiful story, I enjoyed it immensely.
-- woody5000 on 8/2/2013 5:09:35 AM
I absolutely loved this. I find it pretty amazing such a good story could be written with the basic editor. Great job!
-- HaruhiSuzumiya on 7/20/2013 5:45:45 AM
as far as I can tell got the final Ending... i can say I liked it( 8/8 ) but it made me feel flat. Not sure how else to put it after spending 3 hrs trying to get the Final ending.
-- nreinsager on 7/11/2013 8:42:50 PM
Fun ending/ Playing music forever
-- nreinsager on 7/11/2013 3:18:17 PM
this was such a good take on the original. loved it
-- blazecentral on 7/6/2013 5:31:23 AM
Really well made. Coming off from Necromancer, this story reflects what happens on the other side of the spectrum. The power of music is truly amazing.
-- game_player20 on 6/21/2013 9:36:33 AM
This was an excellent story. I died many times, but the satisfaction of completing the story made up for it.The ending was also fabulous.
-- LeoScales7 on 6/20/2013 9:41:32 PM
This story is definitely one of my faves ^^
-- HaruhiSuzumiya on 6/18/2013 5:50:04 AM
This was...amazing. I actually skipped most of the text because I couldn't be bothered to read it, but anyways, it was a great story. The only problem I have is all the swearing. It seems to me that if all a person does in the story is swear, then there isn't much point in it.

Just asking: Can you make a sequel to Necromancer? I would like to see a story in the other world, with Catalina and Serena, that lasts until the main character "dies".
-- ck23838 on 6/16/2013 9:09:36 AM
Oh my... those last words. In addition to being a well written piece on a parallel story line to necromancer, I dont think this type of interactive fiction can be replicated.
-- Sean on 6/9/2013 3:54:43 AM
gay
-- sam i was on 6/5/2013 3:47:54 PM
Really enjoyed this. Excited to play through it again
-- sapper0 on 6/3/2013 12:00:43 PM
Once again I'm stunned by yet another story. I once said that necromancer was the best of them all, but I take that back. I want to see more of this work of excellency, where you touch everyone deep down with something simply and impossible to explain. In all honesty, some of your stories are one of the few that leaves me emotionally satisfied. I've only read a handfull of those books, and your stories are counted with them.
-- Tgetruegamer on 5/22/2013 9:45:39 AM
Lots of Blood!!!!!!!!!
-- harrypotter on 5/13/2013 10:00:57 PM
This story is awesome! It is much better then Necromancer, but if you like this you should play Necromancer too!

Spoilers!!
I would like if you could die of age as a merc too..
-- Gradus8 on 5/9/2013 1:46:26 PM
That game was the bomb.com.
make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing i ask is... can you make a game with a choice between girl/boy???
that'd be awesome, thanks:)
-- Pineapple on 5/8/2013 4:34:26 PM
With just some continuity nod and call back to the Necromancer,i know that this is one hell of a masterpiece.
I rated it 8/8,nice work!
-- detective1412 on 5/2/2013 5:06:41 AM
Best game ever.
-- Nicolas Cantos on 4/29/2013 8:16:08 AM
nice work loved it yay
-- ja50n on 4/23/2013 10:56:44 AM
Good story,but a little dramatic.Not as funny as necromancer.
-- DvaLisa on 4/23/2013 7:45:28 AM
Nice Idea, but I felt forced into the the choices I made, can't say I disliked it but, would I recomended it.... no I'm sorry
-- DarthNelly on 4/16/2013 2:27:33 PM
It's definitely far better than Necromancer. I think my only complaint was the lack of a true achievable good ending. I mean everything leads to your eventual death. Couldn't you have any where you actually survive? I mean there were several Necromancer endings in which the Necromancer died, you could have had a few Death Song endings take place in that cannon.
-- BloodyRaven on 4/6/2013 11:09:44 AM
Another wow.
-- Leetlewetbeaner on 4/5/2013 11:51:49 PM
... speechless

Okay, its gone now.
Anyway, both Necromancer and this is a good story, Too bad there is no greater variety in endings and that you destined a specific ending "true" in both of them. Too bad but understandable.

I do hope you will make a timemage story in the future through, one where even a death god could get a revised timeline, ah yes and get for all characters including a certain artist and the family of a half-elf a happier life. Maybe you could make the death god/necromancer the main villain of that story or something, and the timemage the hero.
-- joriandrake on 3/16/2013 3:19:52 PM
It was very nice seeing the point of view in that war of a soldier its sad how it ends
-- Marco on 3/16/2013 6:45:03 AM
Yes, that one last song will never be replicated. So does this story.

Made my cry. I am one big lover of music, and this story just hits home. Thanks for the good cry you've given me.
-- toni on 3/4/2013 4:30:35 AM
Got to one last song...
All I got to say is wow...
-- Domaldel on 3/3/2013 11:39:34 PM
One word: Beautiful
-- KronosKane on 3/3/2013 9:37:41 PM
Every time I read this I am left speechless. Thank you.
-- October on 3/3/2013 2:11:42 PM
Absolutely incredible. And depressing. But mostly incredible.
-- WolfSmasher on 2/27/2013 3:37:03 AM
A beautiful companion story to Necromancer. Both stories brought me tears. Unfortunately it makes me much more nervous about writing my own stories for the site.
-- Mynoris on 2/12/2013 5:14:43 AM
Had another go. Very, very good, as with all of your stories. You deserve more rewards. You deserve necromencyship. Lol!
-- Tgetruegamer on 2/9/2013 9:02:16 AM
I was sitting at the computer for over an hour, trying every combination possible! This may be the best one here.
-- Tiger on 2/8/2013 9:48:27 AM
Amazing story. Was enthralled from the start, kinda wish Necromancer had more mention of this "bard's" story (played that first of course), but I understand why. Seemed more like you were in the shadow of death the whole time, and it complements the primary story well from Necromancer; I was always left wondering what was going on over on the "good side" during that story. Outstanding addition to that world with a great perspective and an even greater message at the end. Really enjoyed this endmaster keep it up!
-- h0nu on 2/6/2013 3:16:06 PM
The ending was really touching. Personally, I enjoyed this more so than Necromancer, although that's partly because I enjoy the 'story' part of a storygame more so than the 'game' part. Thank you for writing this. It was truly a great piece of writing.
-- Conzexion on 1/11/2013 3:54:19 AM
Amazing
-- Shaun on 1/11/2013 12:21:59 AM
Actually I'm pretty sure given the vile nature of demons in various forms of media (books, movies, etc.), they'd probably be swearing a lot more than mercenaries.
-- EndMaster on 1/3/2013 2:25:24 PM
Hi there endmaster. I must say, that the story was good. I made a deal with Big Red,, something which I shouldn't have done, according to Necromancer. Anyway, the only thing disappointing me is your constant use of foul language. I like swearing, but sometimes it fits, sometimes it don't. I could never imagine a demon swearing. It suits for the mercenaries though. You seem to write humorus stories, or at least, destructive once :D so for future stories, please save the tuff language until needed. Don't waste them everywhere, or they'll loose their effect on the player.
-- Tgetruegamer on 1/2/2013 1:02:48 PM
This is...epic.Wow...
-- Somedude on 1/2/2013 2:37:15 AM
Good job! nice complex story.
-- Joe_Carol on 12/29/2012 4:13:02 AM
better now because I lasted longer. he
-- conn on 12/24/2012 6:19:36 AM
Amazing game the last ending is really touching,flowing and beautiful. With a thoughtful take on Necromancer from the "good side". It really takes on the view of good and evil and has a wonderful mix of honestly amazing survival skills and sheer flippin' luck. Bravo, you should make more games like this. Encore
-- hugo23 on 12/23/2012 1:16:45 AM
Really great story with an equaly great ending. Goes well with Necromancer but still stands on it's own. My only complaint is that there is only 1 choice that doesn't kill you on the same page.
-- mexen0 on 12/5/2012 5:03:35 PM
It was interesting and fun to see how it turned out
-- Abigail on 12/2/2012 10:14:15 PM
Somehow, I got to the end. It was a very touching story. I have played your original one where i am the the Lich King, but somehow, i feel since i found the true ending, that this one was much more personal. It reminds me simply about life going on, and doing our best with our own meager talents. Life isn't what we always expect and the only fact of life is death. All I can say, for this story, I sincerely thank you, I look forward to any other stories you will write in the future.
-- Cloudymagic on 11/23/2012 3:14:27 AM
;_;
-- coke on 11/22/2012 12:15:50 PM
This story is an awesome counterpart to Necromancer and the occasional grammatical error does nothing to hinder its greatness. My only substantial complaint is that there is a long stretch before the best ending that is rather do or die and it becomes tiresome to navigate constantly. It's not a huge complaint and this story is still really amazing.
-- JJJ-thebanisher on 11/20/2012 6:09:08 PM
So the best ending means that the entire world dies and becomes undead???? I thought that would be the worst ending. You should be more optimistic. Still, 8/8
-- Jack on 11/14/2012 11:13:22 AM
if you wanted to reply to any of my posts before, my name is jacob tooze.
this was a good test of my memory of the necromancer game, too bad i knew the maincharacter was doomed from the start.
-- veldric1 on 11/13/2012 10:22:32 PM
I loved this so much that I played it over and over until I found every possible ending. They're all so depressing, but I like depressing endings. ^_^
-- Briar_Rose on 10/29/2012 6:47:41 PM
Absolutely amazing ...
-- Cfcaaroncfc on 10/28/2012 5:58:48 PM

Listen to ^ when you reach the "epilogue" of the story.
-- :D on 10/23/2012 2:23:14 AM
This was amazing.
-- charger on 10/22/2012 5:42:03 PM
Even more engrossing than Necromancer.
-- MedinaBoy1 on 10/20/2012 10:37:39 PM
I liked it immensely. The options were fair, the decisions were challenging. Overall, a very good use of my down time.
-- Thielke on 9/26/2012 8:27:02 PM
Argh, I forgot to rate this the first time I played this as a guest. Great story, and it was able to hammer every emotion in my brain. As usual, your stories are the best among all of ours, and I thank you for that. By the way, the difficulty shouldn't be 8/8, it should be 1/8. You know, there is no way to "win". Death is one persistent bastard!
-- Swiftstryker on 9/24/2012 9:36:50 PM
I think I won. I got what happened to some one (me) in Necromancer. Great game, almost as good as necromancer.
-- betaband on 9/22/2012 4:43:20 PM
Wonderful story. It's filled with so much melancholy and depression yet in a way it is beautiful.
-- yuval belenky on 9/22/2012 6:58:36 AM
good game :)
-- jjfizz on 9/20/2012 5:14:39 PM
A nice Equel to Necro.
-- alienalpha on 9/18/2012 4:53:54 PM
...So the only option is death? Period? I love this story, mind you, but knowing that kind of... spoils things. It'd be nice if there was at least ONE path that allowed you to live. I am more or less emotionally satisfied with the good death, but... it still seems a tad narrow if no path leads to living.
-- Kiel_Farren on 9/17/2012 8:04:02 AM
Loads of fun great story
-- jwwhoops on 9/11/2012 1:49:19 AM
Well, that's odd, why do I feel like I just played a cross over between Ragnarok Online, Hunger Games, and your Necromancer story?

... You know, actually, that would be kinda epic. In any case, I am pretty fond of this one, it's a great branch off from the Necromancer storyline.

(Speaking of, I'm fairly certain Necromancer is one of the best thought out and well-written stories on here, even if it isn't much of a real -game-.) It's a long one, of course, which means I won't be finishing it today. I look forward to another play-through, though. Nice work.
-- Kiel_Farren on 9/6/2012 9:13:26 AM
Very good, all things considered. Fantastic story, though I wished there were less stereotypical fantasy creatures. Nearly as good as your post apocalyptic one!
-- TaylorCN on 8/26/2012 5:56:24 PM
A truly brilliant ending, I want all those who didn't like the ending to go back and look at it in a different light. The ending is not "Happy" it is more than that, it is the definition of literary genius. It reflects not only upon the story, but upon the nature of the reader. It causes them to think, more deeply than any "and they lived happily ever after" could. Well done to you Endmaster, you truly are a genius.
-- Darkeanon on 8/24/2012 9:23:36 PM
Depressingly awesome
-- aznxa21 on 8/17/2012 5:17:21 PM
I...i don't know what to say. I'm pissed off. You...you made an epic with...with no HA;-PPY ending. How... You evil. You are worse than Lich lord. Yes. I spend 1 hour on this...only to die??? I mean.. burn in hell...may lich lord eat you...sick..wait , what's your address...i'm sending MasterENDER...beware...fack...you selfish merciless master...even my maths teacher isn't that (bleep)...how dare you do this to me....eat yourself endie....aaaaaaahhhh....(bleep).....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh...8/8
-- Ethane_3 on 8/15/2012 5:30:54 AM
wha? i cant win i tried all of the end choices before that n before that some got me killed sooner! but i couldnt win maybe if i went way back near the beggining!!!!!and im not going to!!! choose ur own boredom n stay away from it im not really mad but just so you know
-- soulfirebreather on 8/1/2012 4:04:18 PM
amazing... totally sucked me into the story and it was interesting to see another perspective. 8/8
-- maddie on 7/9/2012 2:41:13 PM
Very good. Not quite as engrosing as necromancer, personally, but it was meant to be more of a side story anyway. Enjoyed it all, especially the lesson of "nature."
Can't wait for more (:
-- Sevio on 7/9/2012 6:13:46 AM
Another excellent but sad story.
-- Random Mortal on 7/7/2012 6:51:40 PM
A great story that really seems to tie in perfectly to Necromancer. Overall, very fun and interesting. 8/8
-- Sack on 7/4/2012 4:59:53 AM
The only storygame ever to make me cry. 8/8. I got to play for the Lich Lord. I was hoping I could stop him, but I'd already played Necromancer, so I knew all my efforts were futile.
-- Amy2 on 7/2/2012 7:39:24 AM
Wow. I think that sums it up.
-- Davrius on 6/27/2012 3:00:07 PM
just like necromancer i loved this one. good story line i think i 'won' i died playing music so that better than being riped apart by demons i guess,lol. hope you have more like this
-- jessie on 6/27/2012 3:40:31 AM
Best one, tremendous and like a huge castle writing.
-- RobustSporadic on 6/26/2012 3:42:02 AM
Its one of the best here, Necromancer is better though. Still it deserves 8. Bring it...
-- EricDrewCents on 6/19/2012 10:59:48 AM
I really love this universe and time period. Well done, like Necromancer. I love the playing for Death ending. Wonderful.
-- God Of Death on 6/18/2012 9:55:02 AM
Great Game!

Its better then the first one and I think I found the best ending,It is the one where you live the longest and play music for The Lich King and Catalina when you die.
-- ChrisD on 6/8/2012 11:09:27 AM
better than the necromancer. :)
-- Karl on 6/6/2012 2:49:54 AM
amazing! this is even better than Necromancer. I've got to go back for the other endings.
-- cm on 6/4/2012 3:50:09 PM
That was really entertaining and it kept me hooked right 'till the end. Got a rather ironic and bittersweet ending. I had actually forgotten about this site for a while, but I think you've pulled me back in. I'll probably play again to see another ending.
-- pigeon309 on 6/3/2012 7:03:36 PM
Although the text was extremely long, it didn't feel cumbersome to read, and it somehow set the flow for the game. I really enjoyed this story. Wonderful job!
-- Hushtone on 6/2/2012 10:37:38 PM
Would make atilla the hun cry
-- Kabirtomer on 5/30/2012 5:13:59 AM
i look forward to seeing similar stories like this
-- zeke86198 on 5/28/2012 7:27:33 PM
Good Job. I enjoyed it very much!
-- TaraPhoenix on 5/24/2012 4:45:45 PM
Heh, well I tend to focus on story based stuff rather than the game aspect. I've checked out CoG and even posted there a few times. Its certainly a cool site, but I'm not sure if my stuff would fit most of the audience over there.

Still anything is possible, so who knows maybe one day when I have a lot more time.
-- EndMaster on 5/19/2012 4:30:13 AM
Wow. Simply amazing, Endmaster.
I have a request for you. I am from Choice of Games and would love to see a Choice Script game by you, and so would many other people. Please consider this.
-- Mithex on 5/18/2012 8:08:22 PM
best srory since the last book written by peter jackson ok that might be a bit of a stretch but its really good my personal favorite of your works
-- 817819 on 5/17/2012 2:57:39 PM
Dear god, that final "good" ending was lovely. I really enjoyed this, as it was a far more thoughtful take (in my opinion) on Necromancer's events. Well written, often amusing, and heart-rendingly sad at the very end. Bravo.
-- Zelamir on 5/17/2012 12:56:54 AM
awesome
-- c4lumc on 5/6/2012 9:29:49 AM
Awesome, just amazing. About as good the narratives of dragon age and skyrim
-- matt on 4/29/2012 10:04:09 PM
Loved it. Great story and a compelling background world.
-- McRabid on 4/29/2012 6:19:58 PM
That was an amazing story. The ending moved me almost to tears. My only wish is that it had been a happier ending but I supose that this ending was mentioned to be.
-- vanilor on 4/17/2012 9:38:31 PM
This story is amazing, i recommend it to everyone
-- Mr. Camaro on 3/23/2012 5:53:27 PM
Lol, everyone should know better than to trust a demon!
-- EndMaster on 3/19/2012 6:28:57 PM
Damn! I got damned!
-- serene88 on 3/19/2012 3:36:26 PM
Wasnt the ending i was expecting xD, what i get for making deals with the devil. xD
-- jamcake on 3/10/2012 4:32:00 PM
I got the ending were you meet Catalina and, well, you in another perspective..... loved the story, make more in this universe.
-- CovElite on 3/7/2012 8:38:52 PM
Just as good,i not better than Necromancer
-- mobby123 on 3/6/2012 3:30:50 PM
This was amazing I only died a few times but i had pandora on and when I got what I thought was the true ending I was sad. This was just great dude and I loved the necromancer so seeing this in the same world was cool to just saying this was awesome.
-- bud3r64 on 2/4/2012 3:36:54 PM
Dear god that was amazing o-o! This has to be the best story iv read so far on this site!!! It must be in your nature to write, because like him, you do it very very well.
-- Meriko on 1/31/2012 5:29:19 AM
Such a sad but happy ending fantastic work!
-- Jack on 1/25/2012 10:56:18 AM
T^T
It took me forever to reach an ending I liked...with my constant dying.......
But it was well worth it!
The story is beautiful <3
-- Nyxora on 1/13/2012 2:31:35 AM
this is so sad... and awesome!
-- DarkAlvinX11 on 12/27/2011 10:17:55 AM
I loved it:) Great story.
-- SoarHighBeFree on 12/18/2011 4:01:05 AM
Awesome story, read it throughout the day at school. Made me want to finish my work quickly.
-- vinmic47 on 12/7/2011 1:38:30 PM
I chose to join the mercenaries, and stuck with them to the bitter end, and...it made me cry a little. A very good story. Thank you so much for writing it. :)
-- Austin on 12/6/2011 4:13:18 PM
If you keep writing like this I might never leave the house
-- AtomicWaste on 12/2/2011 1:07:32 AM
Pretty amazing, yepp thats all
-- Acev127 on 11/12/2011 3:57:21 AM
Ouch... endmaster, I love it.
-- knightwalker on 11/11/2011 6:28:50 PM
Death while fighting along side the capt and his son... Acceptable
-- jcam on 11/11/2011 11:04:42 AM
long and good
-- DarkentityOni on 10/23/2011 5:11:47 PM
A somewhat happy ending if you can get it. It's quite enlightening when you reach it.
-- VIN on 10/21/2011 8:56:40 PM
Great.
-- Killer999 on 9/30/2011 10:55:07 AM
A Find Edition To The Necromancer Being The Person That I Killed When Playing Necromancer Is A Bit Ironic And Kinda Piss Of Because I Choose To Be A God But Overall A very Good Game Taken Me 9 Hours Straight To Beat The Game
-- rakarani on 9/24/2011 7:03:58 AM
I'll admit it, I teared up when I read the end. Super powerful stuff, especially considering how music is such an important aspect of my life. The writing was superb and the storyline both gripping and deep. Overall, you have created something truly amazing. Hats off to you, EndMaster!
-- Jack on 9/22/2011 6:23:49 PM
that was cool! i liked how you did the lich lord guy and velzix. it was really good!
-- SEULaw on 9/11/2011 12:36:14 AM
This was beautiful. Especially the ending. I know the go back button is cheating, but whatever.
-- Johnny on 8/26/2011 5:10:13 PM
Well... that was the most depressing story I've ever read. Amazingly well written, but I had to mark it down a bit for the ending. It seemed like in the end you just accepted Cat's reasoning despite it basically being, "Don't blame him for his choices." I didn't have a problem with the answer you actually gave, it just seems like he basically came to it because she said "Oh, he can't help but be a mass murdering psychotic asshole." He was a human just like anyone else, he made the choice to kill the world. It's just that from the way the conversation played out it seemed like she convinced you to play for her, but at the end it seemed more like you realized it didn't matter, and you just played for yourself...
-- Yumlemmingkebobs on 8/21/2011 9:15:15 AM
This is one of my favorite games on the site. Every time I read the ending, I can feel tears start to form.
-- Kalam on 8/17/2011 12:20:26 AM
I love your work, and this is no exception. I almost felt tears form at the end.
-- Loathsome on 8/14/2011 3:59:02 AM
Outstanding! You should expand on this series, it is probably my favorite storyline on site.
-- bereothien on 8/12/2011 12:01:30 PM
As much as I liked Necromancer, I must say that this one takes me to a much deeper place. The story is far more captivating, especially when following a specific path.
This story seems more mature to me, with far more personal loss and sacrifice. The emotions somehow seem more... real or relatable, and you get to understand not only the main character's point of view, but also those around him.
All in all it's a great story that gives a completely different perspective from its "equal".
Thank you.
-- Ekima on 7/26/2011 6:21:06 PM
This story is okay, don't really like it like the necromancer.. Maybe you should do a sequel of that since that's the most popular story you've ever created, pretty sure it's in high demand.
-- ihateyoupayme on 7/23/2011 2:54:46 AM
The game is almost perfect. Only the endings sucked ( I played both versions - merc and military ), probably cuz im a sucker for ''good winning'' endings... but that's just me
-- RedEy3 on 7/18/2011 6:28:31 PM
I enjoyed that a lot!
-- TaraPhoenix on 7/5/2011 11:09:23 PM
Not bad. I like the characterization, but I didn't really "feel" the story too much. However, it was well-written and descriptive. 7/8
-- RiterOfWrandom on 7/4/2011 8:51:17 PM
an excellent story the army ending was quite moving and I applaud you good author
-- Micah on 7/4/2011 10:15:10 AM
The story really draws you in, love it. Too bad i died on my first try lol
-- infernalbovine on 6/19/2011 2:54:43 PM
Wonderful, just wonderful.
-- Caiyote on 6/12/2011 5:16:07 PM
Dark.....
-- Hell2o on 6/12/2011 1:50:10 PM
Ah, quite the marvelous little addition to the Necromancer universe, to be sure! It's a bit heartbreaking that, far as I can tell, there is no true good ending, but I suppose that makes sense, going off the Canon ending of Necromancer.

Still, this was a marvelous little game nonetheless. I am unsure if I found the true "ending" of sorts, but it was a great play either way. Thank you for adding this.
-- Magus on 6/9/2011 2:42:37 AM
Excellent writing abilities. Good sound storyline. Gonna read again and make better decisions!! Death sucks.
-- gkeese on 5/29/2011 11:22:28 PM
awesome story
-- zippy07 on 5/22/2011 4:39:42 PM
This was awesome! I loved it. Wow. What a great game. I played Necromancer and was wondering how this would end and it ended better than I thought. 8/8!
-- MethodKid on 5/18/2011 1:30:52 PM
I liked Necromancer more but this story has it merits. At least in my ending he died doing what he loved. I think that is some sort of moral message but I really could care less. This was a wonderful story and I think it paralleled and maybe gave more information on The God of Death in the end.
-- cool74 on 4/30/2011 12:35:37 PM
really good
-- ThisisBo on 4/27/2011 4:28:17 PM
Really fun
-- swifteye on 4/25/2011 3:35:02 PM
I got a rather unpleasant ending... but I suppose it could be worse. I could have chosen the military path. In any case, I liked reading through this story. It parallels the Neromancer without really having a whole lot to do with it. Two sides of the same coin. It was a great read.
-- jkulibert2 on 4/22/2011 2:26:42 PM
lol, not that it might not be true, but I think it's funny that the comment before mine came from a guy who's played at most 26 stories haha.
-- JJJ-thebanisher on 3/25/2011 2:27:57 AM
I FRIGGING LOVED it endmaster i dont know how you do it but by far your the best novelist on myadventuegame
-- nativity8 on 3/24/2011 10:48:53 PM
Outstanding second take on the world of the Necromancer. The protagonist is very likable and characterization is done quite masterfully.
Thanks EndMaster, please expand on the universe you created. Maybe prequels?
-- Engin on 2/21/2011 7:17:29 AM
Finished reading Necromancer and this one... well what to say? This is not my genre at all but I still liked it very much.
-- quaker on 11/25/2010 4:08:42 PM
I liked the story a lot, and there is a clear show of great effort put into this story. However, I wasn't so keen on reading such a large amount of text each page to then only have two options, where one usually lead to my death.
-- Greencloud on 11/15/2010 9:32:42 PM
That was... beautiful.
-- Foxcow on 10/24/2010 7:02:20 PM
I liked the story! But the reading to decision-making ratio was too tilted toward reading. I wanted shorter bites of text and more options.
-- CC on 10/5/2010 8:26:31 PM
I've gotten the "true" ending, and I must say, it's extremely deep.
-- BuddyBurkman on 9/18/2010 11:39:44 PM
ending sucked but the story was great
-- HiddenRing3 on 8/24/2010 8:11:43 PM
Job well done! Easily one of the best story games I've ever played!:)
-- koolgai on 7/15/2010 6:18:32 PM
Absolutely exceptional. Easily on par with the best of your other stories--and that is saying something.
-- Minarchist on 6/18/2010 2:14:14 AM
great game, so awesome to find a game that is not linear!
-- Meev on 5/16/2010 5:44:16 AM
Nicely written, and proof that a good story doesn't have to have a happy ending. :)
-- Crunchyfrog on 1/19/2010 11:32:48 AM
Amazing. Taken with Necromancer, it's very cool how the stories overlap and how you handle the necromancer's sister. Yes, there are typos--but in this case, it's far more the story that counts, and you have that without a doubt.
-- Trzcina on 12/24/2009 10:39:20 PM
Nice ending! Keep it up. :D
-- demonstar31 on 12/3/2009 10:24:09 AM
amazing
-- Dazohan11 on 9/2/2009 6:34:12 AM
Incredible ending
-- Ed on 2/25/2009 6:08:04 PM
Great companion story to Necromancer and your other stories. I even got the "good" ending where I played the last song for the big bad boss. I gave it a 7, a few minor flaws kept it from being an eight. There were a few typos, missing words, etc, but this story is so long it might not be worth the time to comb it over looking for them. I don't know how you get the time to write all these ridiculously long epics, but great job.
-- urnam0 on 1/19/2009 1:11:09 AM
nice story
-- sportsfreak_24 on 7/30/2008 6:47:03 PM
Cool game.
-- primates is still alive on 7/10/2008 4:16:04 PM
This is really fuckin awesome. I think one of your greatest talents, is writing from the brutes point of view.
"these are the rip off your head and shit in your neck kind"
that's genius right there :D
-- JJJ-thebanisher on 7/2/2008 5:17:51 AM
I have to say that this was terrific! Really liked the story (although I only did it as the soldier, the mercenary part will have to wait until another time)! I recommend this to anyone with the patience to appreciate great storytelling.
-- StoryLover on 6/26/2008 3:33:41 PM
All right, this one was pretty decent.
-- Corinthian on 6/26/2008 2:35:16 PM