WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

What kind of god would you be?

2 months ago
Sentinel was telling me about some old forum game somewhat based on this idea, plus I've had King of Dragon Pass on the mind lately, so I thought this could turn out interesting.

First, just to be clear we're talking gods with a little g only, no one gets to post about how they'd be the OP omnipotent God of the universe.

Okay, so a generic fantasy world has been created and you are a minor god who got stuck there in one of the usual ways. Time to start meddling in the affairs of mortals for some reason!

1.) What would be the thing you were god of?

2.) What thematic powers would that grant you?

3.) What appearance would you take on?

4.) What would you do to convince people to worship you?

5.) Why are you doing all this?

2 months ago

1.) All Crickets

2.) An armored body, easy temperature detection, sweet jumping skills, shooting blood out of myself when in battle mode, ventriloquism, music-making, command over my cricket army, and some really nice legs, etc.

3.) A cricket.  Generally a field cricket, as seen in my profile picture.

4.) If they don't worship me, that's their own problem, and they shall receive none of my divine assistance.  I would unleash crickets into the walls and fields of those who are the most persistently annoying.

5.) To spread the joy and power of crickets and elevate it to greater heights.  Because I can.

2 months ago

1.) The god of minor inconveniences 

2.) The ability to curse mortals with a string of inconveniences.  As well as being able to suck small and important things into a void.  Where does it lead you ask?  Well to a very large pile of all the other small and important objects I have sucked up over the years. 

And you either have to be willing to leap into the portal right way to retrieve your items, sacrifice your own or a friend or neighbors small but important items, or make a very long and arduous pilgrimage to my shrine.  At this point, after such a long journey, your lost object will appear on the pedestal for you to take. Why so easy once you get there?  I am the god of minor inconveniences, large inconveniences deserve rewards after.

3.) I would take the appearance of a lego of course.  And whichever mortal I randomly decide to speak to will end up stepping on me so I can get their attention.

4.) I would convince people to worship me by offering partial protection from my whims.  And with a proper sacrifice of a convenient object, I will inconvenience whoever they so desire to face my minor and terrible wrath.  

5.) There are no true answers, only questions and madness you see.

2 months ago
I'll fuckin murder you kiddo. You're on my shit list now, bitch.

2 months ago

Murdering me would be a minor inconvenience.

2 months ago
I bet a god of minor inconveniences would be really annoying to try and kill.

2 months ago
Only a little bit.

2 months ago
You have to throw the Lego into Mount Doom or some shit only your underwear is constantly riding up into your asscrack and you're being followed by a single mosquito you can never kill and you keep losing socks and stubbing your toe along the way. And at the end he just sucks himself (small, important object) into the void when you try.

2 months ago

Exactly

2 months ago
Minor inconviniences to others are the very definition of hell to me. Conversely, major inconviniences are nothing to me and before I started dating Leora (who, like a normal person, gets flustered at major inconviniences and doesn't notice minor ones) I basically never noticed them.

If someone cut my arm off I wouldn't be as frustrated as getting a papercut. I'm autistic like that.

2 months ago
This just might be the best thing I've read all week. lol.

2 months ago

1.) I would be the god of mad scientists.

2.) Earthquakes and death rays, just for starters.

3.) I'd wear a lab coat, rubber gloves, and thick eyeglasses.  My hair would be wild and untamed, or else I'd be bald.  You'd find me in my lab, dusty and filled with cobwebs.  Note the Tesla coils, various levers, dials with needles indicating who knows what, and colorful liquids in beakers.  Observe how they bubble, giving off clouds of vapor that sink to the floor.  And let's not forget the operating table.  You really don't want to be strapped onto that.  Haha, no, indeed.

4.) Worship me and I'll reward you with fame and fortune, even if it means stealing other people's inventions.  Ignore me, and die penniless and alone in your hotel room.  Tough call, eh?

5.) For science!

2 months ago

1.) The god of knowledge and curiosity.

2.) Consciousness and the ability to think for myself.

3.) An abstract, shapeless appearance. I am neither seen nor heard but can only be felt. All I am is an abstract thought, a phenomenon that exists only in the mind.

4.) Nothing at all since everyone, regardless of their characterizations worship me every single moment throughout their lives.

5.) To make the ‘Homo Sapien’ species special over all other forms of life. My presence in their minds is what differentiates them from mere animals. I am consciousnesses, I am the reason behind them being sentient, the reason they are curious about the world around them. It is because of me that humanity is what it is today. If not for me, then there wouldn’t have been any difference between humans and apes. Thus, the reason I’m doing this is because I want this species to be conscious about themselves, I want them to progress and learn more and to be more curious. Knowledge is an infinite ocean but I intend to not stop for eternity until I swim completely across it.

2 months ago
1.) The god of procrastination.

I'll fill the rest out later.

2 months ago

I like your answer!

2 months ago
This actually pairs really well with mine. Which I'll write about later.

2 months ago

Well I mean we really need to define "minor" here.

Obviously any Christian God level is right out, but when you got gods in charge of things like fertility, war, knowledge, death, the sea, the sky, etc those are still considered greater gods if we go by the traditional polytheistic mythologies.

2 months ago
Not powerful enough to just wipe out an entire civilization on a whim, so death and the sea and obvious ones like that are out. You have to be more creative in getting people to pay attention to you.

2 months ago

Well since the obvious isn’t an option, I’ll go with the next best thing:

1. God of Trolling.

2. Trolling obviously.

3. Oh still the same traditional “reaper” appearance. Initially trolling people into believing I was the God of Death would never get old.

4. Sexing up various mothers through various means which would always result in the birth of a loyal daughter. Other than that nothing. In fact calling on me directly may or may not result in bad things happening to the person.

5. For the lulz of course.

2 months ago
So pretty much just Eurmal then.

2 months ago

"End's japes often made fights worse. Once, for example, he helped the CYSers kill many CoGites with the thing called Death, and he did it for a laugh."

"They were really funny looking cows." - EndMaster

2 months ago

Behold the Frictional god Ficsean!

1) I am the god of friction.

2) I have the ability to manipulate the friction of myself and my surroundings (including living things), which enables me to slide objects or myself around with ease, keep myself or objects firm on the ground. Inversely, I can also 'trip' enemies by drastically lowering their friction. I can also decrease my own friction to glide and slide at high speeds.

3) Assuming I remain as a humanoid, I will look the same, but to signify my importance, I will wear a black spandex suit covering most of my body. However, I will be wearing sky blue gloves, sky blue boots, and the portion of the suit where my face is would also be sky blue.

4) I will stay in villages or forts for weeks or months at a time, helping civilians capture hooligans or haul heavy loads. Once I gained enough reputation, I reveal my identity as a god (keeping the fact that I can only control friction a secret). Should that not convince people, I just move on, leaving them to the burdens of the laws of physics.

5) Why not? To glide through villages, to see the surprised and excited expressions of those you pass, and to gain a large party of followers to help spread your reputation, that sounds like a good way to spend eternity.

Hang on, I created a superhero, not a god. Oh well, I guess those two are interchangeable in such a world.

2 months ago
Lol, the bolded bit is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

2 months ago

Like, the entirety of the bold?

Well, I guess if you have people who have minor powers that can be used for many purposes, I guess it ends up looking like a super, even without the spandex.

2 months ago

1. ) Trolling and meming.

2. ) The ultimate meme spam, annoying random people and the ability to lose friends you never had.

3. ) Shadilay. Maybe Pepe the Frog if I have to be extra cancerous.

4. ) 4chan memers would probably join me voluntarily. The rest would be convinced with FACTS and LOGIC.

5. ) Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

2 months ago

Oh, so this is sort of like a Twin God thing? Where End is the God of expert trolling and you are the God of sucky trolling and shitty memes?

2 months ago
Obviously.

2 months ago

Such hate, much wow.

2 months ago
Sham WOW!

2 months ago

Wow, what a sham.

2 months ago

Zass, the god of Shams and saying Wooooooow!

2 months ago

Pretty much, I mean I'd rather have a bunch of MILFs and loyal daughters following me than a bunch of basement dwelling 4channers.

Oh wait, that means I get to be the CHAD Trolling God while Zass is the Incel one.

"Just gotta work on your trolling bro." - EndMaster

2 months ago

"This is outrageous! It's unfair. How can you be on the trolling council and not be a Chad?" - Zassuen

"Take a shower, young Memewalker."  - EndMaster denying the rank of Chadgod.

Wait, would that mean Steve is Palpatine?

2 months ago
Jarjar.

2 months ago

1. Pleasure

2. Turn water into alcohol, induce states of wild passion, ecstasy or madness, control vines, turn into animals and shit.

3. I'll combine Satan and Dionyseus, and stick with my own thing, of course, and go with Snake, traditionally depicted wrapped around a wine goblet.

4. Turn water into alcohol, induce states of wild passion, ecstasy or madness, control vines, turn into animals and shit, throw a few bitching seshes.

5. For the craic.