Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
So this is a pretty significant year coming up, and an easy one remember and reference later on in life when you're a boomer yelling at the neighbor's kids. It would be pretty sad if we didn't do something worthwhile with it.

Talk about your plans for the year here. (I recommend only discussing your second best goals so that when you fail and discard them before February you can fall back on the awesome things you really wanted to do.)

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Why is the upcoming year significant?

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
How lame is it to live to see 2020 and just squander it.

Not that you'll remember anyway, so the thread isn't really aimed at you.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Start of the Rawring 20s.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Finish writing Cakes and Ale, and try to see if I can become a quadruple agent.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
As long as you're never a quadruped agent. More than enough damn furries running around as it is.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

A quadruple agent sounds cool, as long as you're truly on the right side. (Of course, if you originally picked left, you could simply choose to become a quintuple agent instead.) 

Good luck with Cakes and Ale!

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Figure out how to use this belt I have.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Get back into writing, reading, and drawing! Remind myself that there's more to life than the endless cycle of paycheck-bills-paycheck-bills.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Howdy stranger!

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
And he posted. We saw the name hovering around silently at the bottom of the page for awhile there. Welcome back, good luck getting things done before your next three year vanishment. ("3Jing", we call it.)

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

It would seem I'm not the only one to rise from the dead!

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
That was a short-lived return.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Quiller sucked anyway.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

I just went on to make a thread for this lol

You have thwarted my efforts Mizal

My main resolution is to get revenge for this

And get a harem out of spite :)

On a serious note

I think as far as cys is concerned, my plans are to not enter any contests and to work on some of my bigger writing projects in general.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 12/28/2019 10:01:52 PM

I think I'll relax. ;~)

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Happy to help with #5. Not like I can get through a doorway to do anything else without bruising my hips.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Not say I'll do stuff that leads to misery.
The reverse applies too. I want to do things that lead to joy, like finally reviewing all EndMaster's stories and expanding the TV Tropes pages.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
My resolution is to not make resolutions.

It's really easy to get excited about something and say I'm totally going to this or that while I'm all chipper and mentally alert and getting assaulted by cool ideas at work, and then by the time I get home I'm just like no, screw that. Attempts to follow through when I'm no longer feeling it and my brain is shutting down just invite misery and failure.

When I want to do things I'll just keep it to myself until I actually do it.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
This won't last long-- I mean go, Mizal, yay!

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
I plan to publish a lengthier game (around the 50K range) and not rely on contest deadlines for writing motivation. Oops, that's my best goal. My second best goal is to simply enjoy writing more and refine the process by keeping a steady amount of writing flowing, rather than short bursts near deadlines.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Sadly, same two as last year.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Current Objective: SURVIVE

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Well, seems to have worked for you so far

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

I am indeed hanging in there.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

I mean, I'm doing a thing where I use less social media, but that's just because my sister wanted someone to do it with, haha. I guess I'd like to get steady work that's actually in my field or find a way to continue my education that doesn't leave me in crippling debt for the rest of my life:/ I guess that's not really a resolution though, more of a wish with some paperwork involved haha.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

I'm all for resolutions! I'm a resolute person, after all. Here's some of my goals for the year:

• Finish one CYS storygame and get feedback from testing. Then, use that feedback to finish up a book. Think of the game as first draft!! ( •'w'•)
  • Playtest game demo 1 and release on itch.io
  • Finish shitpost and release on itch.io
  • Finish chapter 2 of Angel's Smile in ByeByeLand
  • Read one book a month
  • Practice harmonica more
  • Pay college fees on time for once and hopefully the dean won't kill me :)))
  • Get therapy
  • Kick my roomate's ass
  • Open your goddam redbubble
  • Finish unity project with previously mentioned roomate and enter it into Seattle Indies Expo \(*v*)/

Seems like a lot, don't it? I'm pretty goal oriented, and I like to aim high, so I always have something to look forward to.

2 and 3 are totally cheating 'cos they're practically finished, and the thumbnails for Angel's Smile 2 are down and ready to ink (I still want to move around some layouts tho). My redbubble designs are ready to upload and also they're no big deal. So yep, I'm definately cheating....

Reading a book month is difficult now that I'm an adult. I used to finish one after the other but now that I finally have more time, I've found that my attention has gone to shit! Reading aloud definately helps my sugar-fried brain process things.

My top priority is SIX. I got in once, but now I wish to do it again on my own merit. I'll consider it my official Dev Debut~

Oh, I want to clean up my skin as well. It's not terrible but it wouldn't hurt to face mask more often.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm just terribly excited for the new decade, I intend to give it my all (yes even on my school payments)

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

This sounds like a great idea. I'd love to finish writing Recursion Theory. I'm almost done editing chapter three, so hopefully it will get published soon. 

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

I'll try to finish Halo, or Hell, no! by the end of the year. If I actually sit down for a while every now and then and do a big chunk of writing, I might even be able to get it done before then, but who knows. With all of the major revisions I've done just working on one branch I have no idea how long this will take.

I'll also read and review at least one story per week to be somewhat useful around here.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Oh boy, more commitments. I'll list a few here to see what I can get done:

I want to finish my fantasy epic with a successful "evil" path that is not cringy to read.

I plan to write a sequel to one of my stories that I marked "part of a series." This will probably another Gower game with more branching. I had planned one that was an origins story with crisscrossing storylines. The game will explain how I know about Gower's exploits and how Gower got started as a time traveler. The idea is that we cross paths several times at different points along the branches. Something like River Song and The Doctor, if anything is familiar with Doctor Who. I will need some permission and input from Gower like last time though. If anyone wants to be in the games just let me know, I enjoy having prompts thrown my way for this game.

I will shoot for another two featured reviews because reading games is also important.

Debating a contest goal, but I don't like having a deadline. My goal for this will be to end the year NOT in the pit of shame. I hope to do this with the "Choose your own prompt" contest though.

Since these are my secondary crappy goals, I look forward to discovering my REAL goals next November.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

1.  Continue progressing in strength training and fitness.  Was able to build a great base this last year being overseas, but real world takes a lot more of your time and I really don't want to go back to slob mode.  

2. Fight the urge to be on my phone or be entertained at all times.  For real guys, how much time do you spend having to do something whether it is checking a social media account, forum, reddit.  People can't sit and just talk or be fine with doing nothing anymore.

3. Read more on Stoicism and find ways to incorporate it practically in life.  I think it is a lofty challenge to reach the point of not caring what others think and almost impossible.  I've already started on this journey some myself and you begin to realize you really do care what others think. 

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
But...how does one talk without the Internet...

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Get another featured story. Oh, and become a better person or something, that's not important.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
My resolution is to do the 1000lbs challenge

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

My resolution is to finish Chopped.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Write something that gets a 4 0

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Maybe save that one for 2030.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

My resolution is to finish my current story-game, preferably before my birthday-- February 1st. It's been over a year since I started it.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Is your story set in Minneapolis-St. Paul?

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Happy early birthday, Thomas! I'm going to try and take a closer look at your piece once I'm done with chapter three of Recursion Theory. From what I did read so far, it seemed extremely well-written. 

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Thanks a bunch, Reader82! I appreciate it. Hope all is well with you.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Not reverting to a lazy piece of shit is top of my priorities. I also wanna set up my finances and investments for my leap into adulthood. Bank Accounts, Investments and Credit Unions ETC. Just a lot of set up as leaping has been postpone because BS, but I'm gonna take the extra time and do it right so I don't end up racking up creditcard debt and student loans over the next 6-8 years and regret it for the rest of my life.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Vanguard Index Fund, sleep on it after you re-invest the returns.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Benchpress 2x body weight.

Deadlift 2x body weight.

Squat 4x body weight.

Curl 1/2 body weight.

Increase body weight.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Whoa, nice goals.  Is this coming from a steady weight lifting lifestyle or are you just starting?  Either or, not knocking it, it can be done.  

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Your deadlift should be more than your squat since the concentric motion is the same, along with the fact you don't need to physically carry the weight.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Do things on time. 

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Damn it

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago

Get out of hell within the next month or so

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
Whoa, slow down there. It's important to pace yourself so you don't get overwhelmed.

2020 Resolutions

4 years ago
I've got three resolutions for 2020. 1. Be a good mom. 2. Keep writing as regularly as possible. 3. Don't fail at my first big veggie garden. (I've already got my deer battle plan of strategically placed fishing line in order and several autistic spreadsheets about companion planting. If I fail, it won't be for lack of tism.)