WatchNon-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Message

Find out what's been changing with the site lately.

New Contest Theme: Lone Hero

10 days ago

Lone Hero Contest

Yesterday, in the only real country, we celebrated INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM. For those of you not taking part in shameful degeneracy, let me announce a new contest for FREE and INDEPENDENT, larger than life heroes and anti-heroes. Think classic Westerns, samurai films, and Mad Max. Knights and monks and rogues. A stranger comes out of the forest, crosses the desert, or comes sailing in from a distant star. Their past is a mystery, and they may ride off into the sunset within the week, but an evil will be defeated and the community they arrive in will never be the same. Deadline is 11:59 PM August 18th, CST. A generous enough timeline even if you're entering the succubus contest, but I'd advise not waiting till the last minute. (You will anyway, I know...but I'm not angry. Just disappointed.) This contest will release you from SHAME (if you are in this unfortunate state) and if there are at least three entries the winner will receive 125 points. Those who enter and don't win will receive a strong feeling of self worth and self respect and the knowledge that they're not as useless as everybody else. Those who promise to enter but don't produce a story, or don't meet minimum site standards will be harshly punished, of course... And note that if you DO publish something, it must remain up for at least a week. None of this publishing to avoid SHAME and then pulling it down again 20 minutes later nonsense. I know that trick. I invented that trick.

10 days ago

DUSTY FIST 2 TIME

10 days ago
YEEEEESSS!
If this doesn't get some good results in, I am going to be pissed and will probably cry.

10 days ago
As a community activity, you guys may find and embed appropriate movie clips and music to help everyone GET HYPE for the theme. Here's one to start with:

10 days ago

For all my bruddahs making post-apocalyptic stories for the contest:

7 days ago

Some good old western music.

10 days ago
I guess End and I are fighting over contestants now, but as he himself already pointed out, I have the power of a weirdly high percentage of asexuals on my side. All of you obviously can relate so much more to loners than to boners or anything wanting to have sex with you.

10 days ago

All in

10 days ago
Does this have strict genre restrictions? For example, would a medieval high fantasy Lone Hero be acceptable?

10 days ago
Open as far as genre. Fantasy, post-apoc, sci-fi, or even horror are the ones that spring to mind, but if someone has an idea for something else that's fine too.

9 days ago

Romance!!!

I call it "The White Knight" ... A story of a bold and fearless incel, who stands alone against his own kind to defend the fair M'Ladies on internet forums. Sadly, just like opening doors or pulling out chairs, the fair maidens still do not deem to notice their Mountain Dew guzzling saviour. Still, he refuses to give up. And so the brave soul wonders on from reddit thread to reddit thread, in the hopes of one day feeling the sweet and tender embrace of an entirely platonic and awkward half-arm hug. ^_^

10 days ago
I'm just waiting until someone tries to make a succubus lone hero. I'll see if I can come up with any ideas, but I have a lot on my plate atm irl.

10 days ago
Funny because my succubus story idea kind of fits the mold of both of these contests to a certain extent. But obviously a single storygame can't be entered into two contests.

10 days ago

Since when?

Not like I care if you submit the same story, I mean the only limitation on this would be if Mizal insists on submitting a new story for her contest.

9 days ago
I was considering it last night, but after sleeping on it that's gonna be a no from me. Everyone will be trying to combine them and I don't want every single story in mine to be one I've already read and both contests to be limited to being about a hero saving people from a succubus.

I'm sorry to be the unfun one. Don't worry, I'll still be proud of you all even if you only manage to enter End's contest. Sort of...I guess....

10 days ago

Would giving the lone hero a companion be against the rules? Like, a lone duo? Or is this a hard one protag. only?

9 days ago
I guess I wouldn't disqualify a sidekick or whatever because I'm sure everybody's will involve other characters to varying degrees, just be aware theme will be taken into account as part of the judging.

9 days ago
in

9 days ago
Locked.

9 days ago
Is it really necessary to lock my post?

9 days ago

No.

9 days ago

Yeah put me down for this one

9 days ago

Hell yeah, this sounds nice. I officially declare my entrance.

Pls leave unlocked in the event of me waiting until the last minute and having nothing to turn in.

9 days ago

Will do

7 days ago
Joining

7 days ago

I'll get in on this

7 days ago
Haha excellent. I don't get JUST all the aces, but also the Catholics.

6 days ago

Am I really the sum total of Catholics on this site? That's disconcerting

6 days ago
You're the only one who matters to Mizal.

6 days ago

I'm touched and my heart is warmed

7 days ago
Is there a deadline to announce entering?

7 days ago
I strongly disapprove of the 'heh heh, l'll just write the game first and THEN enter the contest, I'm so clever' flavor of cowardice. But I didn't include an intent to enter deadline since it's entirely possible to put out a decent game over a single weekend, and also the purpose of this was to get some fools out of the SHAME pit for once.

7 days ago

Hey a cowards got to do what he has got to do to not be double shamed.

7 days ago
Yeah, what else can they do? Write?

6 days ago

Does my protagonist/POV character have to be the lone hero, or can they be someone else interacting with them on their journey?  The plot would still revolve heavily around this lone hero, the story just wouldn't be from their perspective.

6 days ago
The protagonist and the POV character don't *necessarily* have to be the same thing, so I'd accept this.

6 days ago

Count me in!  This should be fun.  

5 days ago

Sounds interesting, might as well give it a go. Does it have to be a certain length?

5 days ago
Even though I'm neither ace nor Catholic, I'll do it.

5 days ago

I hope Mizal is keeping track of who is actually in this contest.

3 days ago

I am so confused EndMaster, are you still gonna make your yummy content or are u retiring?

3 days ago

What the hell are you even talking about?

3 days ago
I think they want more stories from you rather than you making these contests. I don't know why they posted it here though.

3 days ago
What the fuck is wrong with you?

3 days ago

Uhhhhh... Sorry?

3 days ago
I'm confused too. I don't understand anything that has been said or why this is happening in my thread.

I was just going to delete but I figure odds are good the noob well say something else cringey if I leave it be, and I know you guys like that sort of thing.

2 days ago

Trial by fire baby. I'm new here. I've never made a single storygame. I'm in. Time to see if this greenhorn can dance around the SHAME pit y'all are climbing out of and come out alive, or even win - like hell I will. 

Good luck everyone.

2 days ago
Have fun, and don't disappoint.

2 days ago
Fuck it. I'm in.

2 days ago
This is shaping up to be a very good contest for readers, if you all don't fail horribly.

yesterday

No promise on that, I've barely midway through planning