Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fight The Fascist IFaggotry!

3 years ago

MAJOR EDIT: Apparently this thread now focuses on how fascist COG's faggy practices are in their staff's quest for fat loot, domination of the IF communities and their determination to squash their own audience's dissent and accurate criticisms of their hypocrisy, lying, brigading, bad faith and corruption of any kind!

Holy shit, this is hilarious. You seriously all need to read this, if you haven't already.

These faggots at "Gathering Dust Studios" are bitching about CoGite authors not being "woke" enough!

They even go so far as to list them and say exactly about how they're "bigoted."

LINK!

I haven't even gone through all of it myself yet, but it's just lol. They're bitching about everything from autistic retards being "mocked" to MtM romances being "fetishized" by female writers, to the usual tranny outrage.

EDIT: Bah, they were some back peddling faggots and deleted the original post. Here's just a regular boring link to the place and you can sift through their comments to see them whine about CoG banning them.

Less fun link

EDIT EDIT: Thankfully Mizal saved the screen shots like a true CYStian patriot. (They're further down the thread)

SPECIAL MAJOR EDIT!

If there are any CoGites, Tumblrinas or other IFaggots lurking about in our glorious dark lands, feel free to elaborate on any of these situations, I know you won't really be able to talk about it on the actual CoG forums or any other IF forum (or even your own Tumblr!) since CoG is quickly trying to squash dissent of any kind, but we're all for people expressing themselves here.

Just remember though, coming in with the typical shitposting attitude won't get you far and will just serve to amuse us at best.

3 years ago

They seem a tad upset.

3 years ago
This stuff is gold: "a hermaphrodite (very transphobic and negative word towards intersex people for the cishet folks who aren’t aware, PLEASE do not use that word unless you’re referencing ACTUAL ANIMALS),"

3 years ago

"PLEASE do not use that word unless you’re referencing ACTUAL ANIMALS"

Well the joke just sets itself up for that statement.

3 years ago
ngl I took a diversity course as a mandatory to a program I was in for college and I have NEVER heard of that term before xD

3 years ago
Wow. The internet just keep getting deeper and deeper. Hard to believe any site could be more whiny that CoG.

3 years ago

"faye heath" lmao. You know the more like a fantasy character an alphabet person sounds, the more revolting and oozing their fake pussy is. Speaking of, did you know they have to gruesomely dilate it with a fucking knife every day? 

3 years ago

This imagery is scarring.

3 years ago

Here's some choice rants about CoG. There's probably more, but there's a lot of other boring bullshit to sift through. These sort of get the main points across in the sissy slap fight though.

3 years ago
They're a bunch of retards 0.o

There's always gonna be people saying bigotry shit like this throughout the entire internet, and there's really 2 solutions to solve the problem: Put on your big boy pants and deal with it or make the entire fucking internet basically 1984.

And we all know what happens in 1984 if you've read the book or movie xD

Side note: The movie is absolute SHIT!

People need to fucking calm their shit and take a break off the internet if they're that upset imo

3 years ago

LOL And the swift tyrannical iron fist of CoG smashes the trannys!

3 years ago

Apparently these two are siblings.

Something went SERIOUSLY wrong in that household.

3 years ago

The abortions, probably.

3 years ago
lmao damn

3 years ago

So many lols! ^_^

3 years ago
So I pressed the link but it led me to an anonymous comment with authors and shit. Not sure where to go to look at the article. Am I retarded or something? xD

3 years ago

No, the link was more or less just to the place. You sort of have to sift around for various cringy shit if you feel so inclined. I posted some of the better ones already in the thread though.

And yes, you are retarded, but so far you're not a faggot, so you got that going for you.

3 years ago
LOL I mean for a retard that's better than nothing I suppose.

It took me almost 2h to understand "[br/] or [p] for line breaks - Mizal" for my bio xD

The order I thought the above meant:

p (in the sentences) (for about 1h)
p (out of the sentences)
p+
p>
p<

and then what it actually was xD

3 years ago
Power just went out again. It'll probably be 14 hours this time given the pattern established so far and the night of freezing rain, and I wasn't able to get the house fully warmed back up after last outage. Cell service isn't going to last much longer and the house is surrounded by coyotes....and now....whiny tumblrinas are reading my posts...

If I don't make it...I just want to say....for the benefit of anyone reading this who might care ....there are only two fucking genders you retards and you can't change them by mutilating yourself.

*deranged canine yipping grows louder in the background, icy wind howls in through a suddenly opened door, sounds of a shotgun being cocked*

But for real this "company" is such a trainwreck in the making, there are sooo many red flags here. Is that first post from someome in charge of something? Just read that post and try to imagine entrusting that person to pay you and never let any feelings get in the way.

3 years ago
where tf do u live in, the fucking forests of Alaska?? Gl on the coyotes

and I don't think anyone is gonna argue about the genders shit... at least not me anyway

3 years ago
Texas, if I were in Alaska I'd own more effective winter clothes than two hoodies and a pair of warmups. And Alaska has wolves, haven't you ever read a Jack London novel?

Anyway, back on for now, and while I'm here I just want to say that, whatever gender Faye Heathe and Cierra Lawson think they are, they're actually the opposite, and also I think rape is pretty cool now and doesn't need to be apologized for, they've convinced me of that.

If given the opportunity I'd definitely hand either one of them a gun and suggest they kill themselves, and let's see, what else....uh, J.K. Rowling is my favorite....ugh. Damn, no, I can't go that far, there's a limit even for this thread.

3 years ago

We can compromise. JKR is your favourite author, but only the anti semitic parts 

3 years ago
snow in texas?? holy shit!!

3 years ago

Damn, knew I should have taken proper screen shots.

Apparently with their bannings, they went ahead and scrubbed their original bitching post about all the various CoG authors. Looks like their complaining about being banned because a lot of their shit was in the adult section of CoG which can't be viewed without a proper account. Lol.

In any case, they're still salty about CoG, but they don't even have the courage of their convictions to keep their fucking post up on their own damn blog. Talk about being some back peddling faggots.

3 years ago

Maybe the plan is to complain to everyone who'll listen, "Look! CoG just banned us for no fucking reason! This just proves how much they hate trans people!" ^_^

3 years ago

I mean a lot of their complaints about CoG as a company are valid. Since Jason is definitely a hypocritical faggot who will look the other way on his "wokeness" when something is earning him money (Like the Samurai story).

Plus I have always believed that their deal with HG authors is basically like second class citizenhood and not all that great. (The fact they even separate them into "HG" vs "CoG" reeks of it)

However the tumblrinas were a bunch of hypocritical faggots as well. If they REALLY felt strongly about the place being a hotbed of toxic "bigotry", why the fuck were they still trying to publish a game through there and hanging around? It's like if you don't have the courage of your convictions, why the fuck should anyone take your whining on tumblr seriously?

It's like how Tevin and his fucktard crew were "Trying to start a rebellion at CoG because it's corrupt!" but "We have to keep quiet because we're trying to publish games through it!"

3 years ago

I know they had some valid points, that's why they got banned. :p

Main thing I don't get the is the whole, "OMFG, there are gay love stories being written by WOMEN! RED FLAGS! RED FLAGS!!!" ... Like... Isn't that super sexist?

3 years ago

Oh that's like a variation of "This isn't YOUR story to tell." thing.

Basically if you aren't of a particular group and you write about them, you're at worst being a big bigot that's making fun of that group OR at best you're fetishizing them for sexual gratification. (That's what they were accusing the women writing about gay dudes getting it on about)

It's the sort of bullshit Laguz and few of the other more militant CoG members in the past used to go on about. It was always retarded.

3 years ago

Yeah, I do love the fucked up attitude of,

"Why the hell doesn't your story have any Black/Gay/Trans people in it? You must be a racist, homophobic, transphobe!"

"Hmm... I never thought about that. You know what, I'm going to write a story with a Black/Gay/Trans protagonist!"

"What the hell gives you the right to write a Black/Gay/Trans character? Now you're exploiting and misrepresenting minorities for your own benefit, you entitled White/Straight/Cis person!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend... I guess I'll leave the Black/Gay/Trans character out of the story."

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!"

3 years ago
The funny thing is that there are still authors who try to please people with this attitude when they make it so obvious from the get go that that's just not going to be possible.

3 years ago
Learned that lesson the hard way. :(

3 years ago

This reasoning is also very counterproductive to writers, because the sign of a good writer is that they're able to write from a totally different perspective. Oh well, I guess I should only write about high school cis white males now.

3 years ago
I mean CoG users will even take that a step further and refuse to read any story about a character that's not exactly like them. The complete inability to get into another person's head feels like such a failure of basic human empathy and it defeats most of the point of reading in the first place. You see them bring it up constantly how they just can't relate and that's just the most normal thing ever to them, they don't realize how damaged it makes them sound.

Of course the culture on the forum there is completely detached from the average person who actually buys the games. Sometimes I get the impression most of the forum goers are just there to make demands and then beg their way into reading for free whenever they're not just just using the place as a platform to go on about their anxiety and depression.

And now some of them need an even safer space.

(The post that took 5 hours to post.)

3 years ago

You hear that? CoG will be filled with incels and TERFS in five years.

Fortunately here at CYS we'll still have our loyal core sociopath and incest enthusiast audience.

3 years ago
Wait, NOW the thousand year bans are bad?

3 years ago

3 years ago

You're a legend.

3 years ago

Thank you!!! ^_^

3 years ago

Glad that even the icy storms in Texas couldn't stop the dedication to save the lols.

3 years ago
Is the 'pedo rapist apologist' stuff just because the age of consent in Spain is 16? That's the only legit reasoning I could think of, and it's like yes no shit, all of Europe is full of horny degenerates, we know.

3 years ago

The 16 year old age of consent is pretty gross, but then I remember that I don't live in Japan and I'm happy. ^_^

3 years ago
France is trying to move it to 15. True progressives.

3 years ago

After watching the "Cuties" movie, I'm surprised they're not trying to move it to 11. :p

3 years ago

Yea they're retroactively trying to make that movie socially acceptable.

3 years ago

Obviously we've been more progressive than CoG all along.

3 years ago
Unlike COG, we practice prejudiced equality: everyone gets shit. That makes everyone feel included because everyone gets called a gay retard at least once.

3 years ago
Shut up, we do not you gay retard

3 years ago
Thanks for defending the sites honour, my mentally moronic, scrotum swallowing friend. ^_^

3 years ago
... Who's this person? O.O

3 years ago
... Or is it just End trolling? :p

3 years ago

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

3 years ago
I was actually disappointed because I was hoping that this was genuinely one of the former CoGites who'd found refuge in the bitch slapping embrace of CYS :p

3 years ago

Gotta love the delusions of the mentally ill. Why the hell would we be mad about them being right about CoG or picking apart any of their arguements about CoG? We're too busy laughing at the shit show all around.

Seriously, these trannys aren't saying anything new about about CoG, hell we called out Jason on being a hypocritical faggot long before it was cool.

Whatever they say about us hardly matters, considering we've heard it all before and their opinions much like their stations in life are meaningless. Basically they're just being retards at this point, especially since they're the ones that got themselves trolled to come look over here in the first place. Lol.

3 years ago
On the contrary, we rather enjoy watching people being right about CoG. It's one of our favourite past times. ^_^

3 years ago
Hush Avery, everyone knows a Hosted Games author like you is completely biased in your support of CoG thanks to your close personal relationship with Jason-san.

3 years ago
Glory to CoGzta! ^_^

3 years ago
... I wonder if I've been banned yet. I should pop in and check some time. ^_^

3 years ago

Nope, you're still alive.

3 years ago
I guess that answers my question of whether that was someone from Tumblr or just some random troll. That must be a dude who lies awake every night in a cold sweat haunted by the thought that somewhere, there might people sharing the same planet who have not made the cult of gender their entire lives.

Just lol it actually made not one but two accounts for this.

3 years ago

Wait a second, an argument was made? When? They made like 3 posts and then we banned them because it was funny. At best they could claim there was some kind of satire in calling us CoG, but that's like saying communism and fascism are the same. Sure, they wind up with a bunch of dead people, but their methods are so diverse! The cowardly passive aggression they choose to call "criticism" fails in pretty much all aspects because it makes the assumption that we care enough about what they're implying to read into their sarcasm. Or that we care about being called bigots in the first place, but I mean, we don't really? Everybody here knows where they stand. I know where I stand, and not even my slaves think I'm all that bigoted.

At any rate, clearly they do not observe the proper customs and have misread our insults entirely. Faggot in the cystian language is the proper term for a thin-skinned retard, regardless of whether or not they touch men's buttholes. It has certain impolite homophones with the English version of the term, but that just makes it better for use against faggots, because they'll whine about it, which is a faggot's defining characteristic. Likewise, there is also a clear delineation between gay meaning a preference for the same sex, and gay meaning stupid in a similar manner as faggot. For example use in a sentence, "The notion that this bigbrain tumblr blogger has of trolling us has got to be the gayest shit I've ever read."

It may be a rude thing to say, but insults aren't supposed to be pleasant. And nothing gets the point across better without wasting precious syllables on some faggot who isn't worth the thought put into finding a replacement. In Glorious Cystia, anybody can be a faggot, it's just unfortunate that the recent one happens to be both kinds at once.

3 years ago
Came over here because of this cow and every time I go to her blog I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm waaaay out of practice with tumblr bullshit.
These idiots really think sanctimonious screeching will win them any favours and that max 15 likes on their posts is disagreeing so hard

3 years ago

I don't know whether or not you're using threaded view, but the serendipitous circumstances of your arrival are so funny that I almost forgot to nag you about it.

3 years ago
It's pointless to explain etymology to these people Sent. For them, everything is about how much they like to touch men's buttholes. Dude shows up on a new forum and immediately starts hollering about how much he loves cock, wtf. That is not normal behavior. Do any of the LGBQ people here do that?

But once the brain gets hollowed out and replaced by Tumblr, sex and gender becomes their entire identity, replacing all other traits and any sense of individuality. All they can do is squawk their pronouns and identify their preferred genitals on repeat. And make Twine games, but only about those things. (Or at least claim they will anyway, seems like they're doing a lot more bitching than writing...)

It's really quite sad when you realize that they were probably human once, just like us. They might have read mystery or adventure books as a kid, helped mom make Thanksgiving dinner, had outdoor activities they enjoyed, been able to relate to other people....and now they have been assimilated into the Tumblr Collective and may never escape.

3 years ago

I bet they're the kind of person who'd shove frogs up their ass and then never stop talking about it.

3 years ago

I laughed way too hard at this, where is the frog-up-the-ass shoving dude anyway? I didn't see him around in a while.

3 years ago
It makes me feel so powerful knowing everything we post is triggering these people in real time, and that they'll even describe the feeling in scandalized tones in a public place where others will screenshot it for me.

3 years ago

Oh, sorry about that. Here you go.

Hilarious to see I got a direct mention this time. "Incel?" Did they crib their "snappy comeback" notes from Suicidal Sammy? Sounds like one of his lame insults. Hell it's probably him.

Briar and G***r only got indirect mentions, but hey you know as they say, it's just an honor to be mentioned!

Lol.

I think the most amusing thing about all this (Besides their grade school attempts at insults), is they (And their "fanbase") are laboring under the delusions that we're somehow "Big Mad" or "obsessed" with them when we never even heard of any of them until someone brought this to our attention and we decided it was a funny enough diversion to post on the forums.

I mean infighting within the CoG crowd is always a source of entertainment.

Seriously, they should be thanking us for all this anti-CoG exposure since it isn't like their little tumblrina blog is going to get as much attention.

3 years ago

Yeah woke types love to pretend that they've made people mad, like they're Fred Hampton and we're the chicago police or something. 

Really though, we're just reacting with the appropriate disgust, horror, and amusement that any rational person would have when confronted with a group of angry teenagers who want better representation for men who cut their own dicks off 

3 years ago
They haven't seen enough of our omnidirectional vitriol to realize their theatrics are a show we arrive to with popcorn.

3 years ago
LMAO

Yeah that has to be Sammy, 'incel' was his word. Because that's the first insult you think of for a married man with three daughters.

For all their denial they're basically just CoG+, like this is all the kind of stuff I'd have expected to see in Melting's server if it wasn't completely dead.

But CoG for all its faults is at least a functional business producing games from real authors, and at least not entirely made up of a bunch of hysterical pissbabies with Tumblr accounts whose scariest threat is that they're going to try and make Twine games.

3 years ago
Which is the reason why I bother with CoG at all, despite all the retarded decision - all that woke shit can be avoided, I never have to pretend to be anyone I'm not (just not be a total asshole) and CoG offers a good opportunity for creating a fanbase - unlike Twine.
Very few people browse itch.io for the heck of it no matter what Misses Faye wants to pretend is likely to happen.

3 years ago

Yeah, if you just stick to the actual story discussion threads, CoG can actually be pretty awesome. ^_^

3 years ago

I do find it funny how G***r seems to get a tonne of shit from a bunch of former CoGers despite the fact that he's consistently nice to everybody and never says/does a mean thing to anyone. Was the same with the Tevin crew. I guess some people were bitter at him because occasionally, he would go, "I'm just going to go ahead and delete this post here before someone else sees it and you get perma banned."

3 years ago

Damn, really got me there. The combined 10 minutes of laughter I've spent dwelling in this conversation must be the sign of some kind of obsession- Guess I'll have to stop talking about them right away to prove that I don't want to fellate their gross schrodinger- Wait, now this sounds like some butthurt ploy to get me to stop talking about them! I can't let them win.

3 years ago
I like that they're constantly discussing us to prove that us discussing them is obsession.

3 years ago

The funniest thing is that you can easily tell just how triggered they are, despite their best attempts to hide it: "GUYS, GUYS, WE TOTALLY OWNED THOSE CYSTIANS AMIRITE, I'M NOT CRYING (insert random emoji here). ENDMASTER INCEL LOL (insert random emoji here)". Perhaps they should own us in some way other than providing entertainment, but whatever.

3 years ago

Also, I thought that you did get banned from CoG in the end.

3 years ago
Nah, he posts there all the time. Gives a lot of good writing advice and encouragement and just steps around the faggotry.

Someone messed with his account at one point to keep him from sending DMs, but that was later fixed.

3 years ago

My mistake... But wow. They actually make a super good point then. I mean CYS takes the piss out of CoG all the time. Why the fuck haven't we gotten banned yet?

I'm genuinely interested. I mean, from what I understood, CoG are super strict on their own forums but don't generally ban people for things they say on other forums, so what's the deal? What did the gathering stardust people do that was so bad that it got them banned when CYS has been making fun of CoG for years and none of us seems to have gotten banned because of it. (Because despite their claims, I highly doubt that they got banned specifically because CoG hates trans people.) 

... Maybe they said something on the CoG forums that got them into trouble, or maybe I'm missing something... Curiouser and curiouser. O.o

3 years ago
Afaik they talked shit about HG contracts and that's another reason for their ban.
Seeing how they act on their blog they were probably also dumb and belligerent about it.
Speaking of curious, I see poison_mara is here... she comes off as rather woke on the CoG forums and in the tumblrina flapping her hands over any unwokeness style. Very interesting.

3 years ago

She's cool. We've adopted her. ^_^

3 years ago
Mara is a very complex person.

3 years ago

She does have her occasional "woke" moments, but I think in general, she's just accepted the fact that we're all assholes and there's no point trying to change us. ^_^

3 years ago

Talking about obsessions, they actually have one with Mara because they won't shut up about her for some reason.

I can honestly say Mara's about the furthest thing from a "rape/pedo apologist." Hell, she'll get pissed about people making rape jokes and won't read certain stories with rape in them. Let alone any pedo stuff.

So they're basically just being fucktards about her.

3 years ago
Probably because they're also claiming they're going to start a company that's intended to be direct competition.

3 years ago
Yeah, I'd love to see that.

3 years ago

I thought they were just using Twine

3 years ago
They'll use Twine sure, I don't see them manually coding their games - but they might try to kick off the community. Then hilariously fail because of their 99 mental illnesses.
Whatever else can be said about CoG and their decisions, it is made out of people who mean business.

3 years ago
I didn't look too closely for their mission statement or whatever, but you can charge for Twine games if you have a place set up for that to host them.

If they just wanted to make normal free text games anyway it seems like they'd just have been doing that already instead of putting out some kind of battle call.

Honestly though "I'm gay and depressed" is already 80% of all Twine games, and those are all free. Not sure what they're planning to bring to the table that's actually new.

3 years ago

I just chalk it up to CYStians being Chads (And Staceys).

3 years ago
But actually the unusual thing is that CoG banned the Dust guys, because I remember that they've got a specific policy (and a wise one) about not getting involved with off-site drama. Otherwise they'd have to police all their author's Discords and so on too, and those guys all run independent warring fiefdoms full of worshipful fans.

Of course, CoG being really inconsistent in how they managed the business side of things is how they lost Price of Freedom and what started the original "feud" here in the first place.

3 years ago

Did they bring any of it up in the CoG forums at all?

3 years ago
So I finally clicked the link and it seems to have been taken over by a total illiterate complaining about working seven entire hours at a fast food place, lol.

Edit: my bad, scrolled down and they're all illiterates.

3 years ago
do u know how hard it is to run a grill, fryer, ovens, n assembly table?

3 years ago
Weird, so some of these smoothbrains are now collecting things Mara said several years ago on CoG, with the idea that it will...scare her into abandoning CYS? I'm so confused. Why do they care and why would they think she would care?

Screenshots hopefully incoming.

3 years ago

I... Really don't know. Especially since Mara isn't even involved in this conversation at all. Do they just... Pick random people and pointlessly go after them for no apparent reason?

3 years ago
Well she's been over on CoG for several years now and can be pretty visible since she's never backed down from having Strong Opinions She Does Not Hesitate to Share.

Plus there's the ESL grammar thing and the mood condition she has that I guess makes her look like an easy target for bullying, for people who are into that. This isn't the first time people over there have randomly singled her out for harassment.

3 years ago

... But she didn't fucking do anything! >.<

3 years ago
Clearly you do not understand how these people work... tbf no one really does, though

3 years ago
What are some other things that upset Tumblr people that we can talk about? I don't really keep up anymore, is it still all the same stuff?

I can just still just say 'tranny', literally just type six letters in that arrangement divorced from any context and they cry, right? I'm kind of distracted right now so I'm hoping I don't need to put in anymore effort than that.

3 years ago

I know what you mean, I'm already bored and lost interest.

I'm going to go actually work on my latest story and maybe write some more reviews on the IFDB since I haven't forgotten about that more important battle front.

3 years ago

Tumblr has loads of great shit! There's shoplifting haul blogs, serial killer fan girls, trans age, trans race, all kinds of goodies. ^_^

(The shoplifters get REALLY pissy if you call them out on, you know, literally breaking the law, because it's an addiction and you shouldn't shame them for it.)

3 years ago
I've seen threads about shoplifting hauls where they chase out anyone who doesn't recognize that shoplifting is a moral good because companies are evil, but it's been a few years. I see the argument has evolved.

Checked by the link one last time to see if they were still whining about having a standard work day, and found this gold instead:

https://imgur.com/a/xfvYySc

Shit's gotten real guys, they took pictures of our avatars. All us big time CoG people are in trouble now, they're going to avoid us!

Not sure how new this actually is, I can't understand Tumblr's formatting at all. But someone please also message them now that they're promising to hand out the FULL list of CoG bigots, but only in private. This information would be useful for our records.

3 years ago
And off topic, but when I was going up upload those, I found this on Imgur:

"Chuck Tingle - Great American author

I believe these books were all taken from the shelves of the Gathering Dust guys. First thing I've seen on Imgur that's actually funny in awhile, I thought that site was purely for political burns now.

3 years ago
They also called you an incel. Is that an insult now? I thought that was a life choice or some crap like that.

3 years ago
Can't believe they went and misgendered me like that.

3 years ago

You should call them out. Hostile misgendering is a serious crime and affects many people!

3 years ago

Can you not get female incels?

3 years ago
Ironically these can usually be found on tumblr

3 years ago

So 4chan is for the male incels and tumblr is for the female incels... Such a shame! If only the two could collide and then there wouldn't be any incels anymore. ^_^

3 years ago
They're both beneath each other's impossible standards.

3 years ago

Yey! I'm an incel! ^_^

3 years ago
Honestly can't wait to see what they'll do next with all these screencaps. My money is on big fat nothing but this can get fun yet.

3 years ago

Considering you only just joined today, their file on you is going to be pointlessly short. :p

3 years ago
She's a prominent, recognizable member I guess. That's good enough if she's also "problematic".

3 years ago
lost. good ylyl thread.

3 years ago
Did you have margaritas for breakfast again?

3 years ago
Is there something wrong with having margaritas for breakfast?

3 years ago

This thread was a blast

You're all awesome

3 years ago

... Actually, not confirmed at all.

I mean, it could be true, in which case, that's pretty awesome. But if not, they're just giving a random HG author shit for no fucking reason. :p

3 years ago
@tinstar You must immediately change your profile pic:

3 years ago
Hello, hello

3 years ago
Very nice!

3 years ago
Someone get me a list of prominent CoG authors, it's time to make some accounts.

3 years ago

hello ladies

( ?° ?? ?°)

3 years ago

OMG, proof that Jason Hill uses CYS CONFIRMED!!! ^_^

3 years ago

Avery, I'm so sorry for hte way I treated you, I was wrong and you were right, and CYS is better than COG.

I'm so embarassed that my Lenny face didn't work and now I can't edit it, but that's just more proof of a superior website.

Here let me try this instead:

8====D

3 years ago
Whoa, I can't believe the real Jason is here, in the flesh. And bringing his own dick as a peace offering. What an incredible new era our sites will be ushered into.

3 years ago

Yes mizal it is I.

Now that things are cool between our sites, I wanted to ask a favor. Could I get you, Avery, and poisonmara to take turns fucking me with a strap on? Just a little late Valentines present for the wife.

3 years ago

It's beautiful. Always knew you were a cool guy. ^_^

3 years ago

From the response they've drummed up on the site, really seems like making shit up based on the barest information just because they don't like someone personally is sort of their MO.

3 years ago
Unfortunate trait to have but it provides everyone else with a lot of amusement. I half expect them to send all the dirt to CoG as a last-ditch attempt to make them see the light.

3 years ago
It's funny how their hate blog against CoG and their shitlist of authors (based on a bunch of vague accusations with nothing to back it up) has now turned into them freaking out about us simply for laughing at them. They keep trying to threaten us now, but I'm not sure what kind of leverage they think they have. Maybe they're going to report us to the FBI for cyberbullying them on a completely different site they never had to come to and can easily escape simply by closing a tab.

3 years ago

Considering they were ones threatening to blackmail Mara and generally slandering CoG authors with no proof, I'd say they'd be the cyber bullies here despite their attempts at playing the victim.

First they hate CoG, now they hate us (Not really sure why considering we haven't actually done anything to them) they really seem to be all over the place on this. I thought they were supposed to be creating a new business to rival CoG, I would think that would be their best revenge on the place.

But then I don't dwell on the mental deficiencies of the lesser born.

3 years ago
People who actually read CoG games not written by G***r:

What was the context of that one they were bitching about with the character giving someone a gun and suggesting they kill themselves? If it avoids being laughably edgy that sounds like a pretty intense and unsettling character moment or part of a psychological thriller or something.

Here again we see this idea that's common among the more fringe CoG types, basically "story made me feel an emotion, therefore bad". But I bet that poor author never thought they'd get blacklisted from a pretend Twine company over it!

3 years ago

CoG + CYS. BFFs 4eva!!! <3

3 years ago
Bugger, so they truly plan to do nothing

3 years ago

I don't know who this is but I am not without reason, I am willing to unban them.

Full pardons for everyone who fuck me with a strap on and send pictures to my wife!

These people, they've all already removed their own equipment correct? I want them to have room to try out the lifelike rubber horse dick I just had special ordered.

3 years ago
I'm sorry to disappoint Sir, but they are both female. Strapon horsecocks it is

3 years ago

Actually one's a them and one's an... Everything... Which to be honest, I find pretty refreshing. Wish more people could identify as multigendered. You can call them by any pronoun and they won't get offended. (Very useful on the internet where half the people will use a profile pic with a character of the opposite gender to them and then don't understand why everyone assumes that they're the same gender as their profile pic.)

3 years ago

No no that's fine. When it comes to anyone willing to fuck me in the ass with a strap on horse dildo, I make no distinctions in gender, sexuality, age, race, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species, immigration status, marital status, criminal record, planet of origin, whether they prefer Fallout 3 over New Vegas, or whether they post on COG or CYS.  

3 years ago
"whether they prefer Fallout 3 over New Vegas"
Ok, maybe your standards are too low.

3 years ago
Commended by Killa_Robot on 3/10/2021 10:04:54 PM
I want to be totally out of This topic, . God knows that we don't get eye to eye in a lot of ways or things. And I am not her favourite person. But I have to step up and defend Jason and I don't think to impersonate him would help anyone. And he is not that nasty ogre as you all painting him.

I would like just anyone gets together and in peace, Even if we all have different ideologies. Why can not all be happy sharing games and just talking about Interactive fiction.

I can be an ass and rude and all that, but I will always say what I think is right and true, even if it is not the popular thing to say.

Really, to everyone why can not be all happy with each one in their own internet space?
I am just so sad and affected by this whole thing. Why can't just people be in peace. We all should be a focus on making games, not on trying to get the most shocking nasty insult against each other.

I just want Cog and Cys be friends and the tumbr company try to find their space without attacking others. Why can not all behave just for once?

3 years ago

Lol, fag.

3 years ago
I never thought someone could be a bigger fag than me but then you come along and just smash records left and right. Absolutely incredible and disgusting.

3 years ago

Wow, I just don't think there's ever been a more disliked centrist in my lifetime. Literally nobody in this situation likes this post. The CoGites don't like it because half of them think they're above us, the tumblrites don't like it because they're irreparably triggered by both of us, and the Cystians don't like it because we're not known to stand down from anything. This is like, the most hilariously untimely call for unity by a political moderate in the face of ancient generational blood feuds since that political post ArchBroFerdinand1863 made before they banned him.

3 years ago
See guys this is what I mean by Mara's self esteem/mood thing, the more people treat her like shit and attack her the more she feels like she has to make nice with them because of some internalized belief that everything is always her fault. It's really sad.

But Mara no comment that on the day you were literally blackmailed by Tumblrites, the thing that gets you all riled up is some joke poster impugning the honor of Jason-san in a thread where everyone is joking around and having a good time.

Nevermind that that poster was way more likeable and pleasant than Jason's actual on record interactions with his own authors and customers.

3 years ago
I would feel bad but it's a bit of a small clit energy.
Can't let people walk all over you, especially autistic 21 year old genderqueers who act 12.

3 years ago

Contrary to popular belief, I actually get along fine with most CoGites over there. Sometimes there are perfectly fine threads relating to writing (or video games) which is why I'll wander over from time to time. Now I imagine all the shit we say over here probably isn't really coinciding with the forced happiness over there, but that's fine. That's why people can travel to different places.

Honestly, Jason can be a hypocritical businessman and be woke when it serves his purpose, triggering the alphabet crew (and whoever else) and making money while doing it. Hardly makes him any worse than most companies nowadays. I don't buy CoG products or support its practices for various reasons, and I definitely have no intention of publishing through there so it's all the same to me on that end.

However, the fact he treated Avery/Briar like shit and just turned a deaf ear to everything involved in that incident, including a DIRECT response from Alex who posted saying that Briar had complete ownership over the story and it was A-Ok for COG to publish it, he gets no fucking slack from me.

He made up some bullshit excuse about the story "glorifying" child abuse and whatever else (None of which was true) that came out of both sides of his mouth as a reason he wasn't publishing it at that point when the real reason was well how dare Briar question him and people rally around her and cause strife in his "kingdom."

Plus there was another gladiator story at the time which pretty much copied Briars so "Hey, why bother with the troublemaker when I can just publish the cheap rip off?"

And trust me, I get that as a tyrant, you don't want dissension in your land, but he'd been less of a mealy mouthed douchebag, he wouldn't have had that problem in the first place.

When Jason apologizes publicly on HERE AND COG to Briar directly for that shitshow AND REALLY means it without his own "But you guys..." or any other double speak, THEN I might reconsider my stance on him.

As for the tumblrinas, well they got their own beef with him and for some reason they think trying to get us banned from the CoG forum is going to make some sort of difference. It won't because even if we do, it's not going to accomplish too much. We're not part of the "CoG community" (Despite what delusional Tumblinas believe) in the first place so it's not like any of us care in the scheme of things.

In any case, with how evil the tumblrinas have made us out to be (At least from the last screen shots, I haven't bothered going over there again since I got bored), banning wouldn't stop us anyway. We're apparently lurking under beds and dragging "the oppressed" to underground murder rooms to cannibalize them.

3 years ago
And yeah, all memeing about COG aside, I'm not exactly ever going to forget that Jason used his position as mouthpiece of the company to harass, mock, slander and mistreat Avery and genuinely messed up her health with the weeks of insomnia and stress, all over his petty little grudge because someone dared to argue with him on his forum. Being okay with certain members of the community or even the community as a whole isn't going to change that. As far as CoG as a business goes, it's hard to look past the fact that at the end of the day, Jason is the company, his actions define what it is and what it's about.

3 years ago

To be fair, I don't think that it was a single event that triggered me to go cuckoo for cocoa puffs. And it did happen twice, so I guess I'm just prone to it.

(Been completely better for almost a year now, so yey! ... I should really get back to writing now.) :p

3 years ago
I took a look on your social media and the fact you released your book unmonetized suggests you're not exactly gearing to make money off your work. My jewish reflexes are stumped. What are your goals?

3 years ago

I have no idea. :p

3 years ago

She used to want to make money off of it- But a certain world-famous cuckold (or, at least his wife is world-famous.) made that so much more trouble than it was worth.

3 years ago
Why Avery doesn't write for Hosted Games (anymore)

The hilarious clusterfuck trying to announce Price of Freedom's release became.

Old news but since we apparently have a new audience, here is the grimdark origin story of the time our carefree little town had one of its own targeted by an evil empire in an act of senseless aggression.

3 years ago
Jason is indeed a perfect power-tripping asshole. Considering the size of his kingdom that tells me a lot about the size of something else. I'll keep that in mind.

edit: I honestly don't even think Jason's the one who came out of it looking the worst - the entire mod team is devoid of any charm. Mary Duffy was on my radar since her passive-aggressive remarks in CoG's neopronoun thread and she seems to have a talent for coming off as a rude bitch. I hope I won't have to deal with her and Jason, since he's less active than before.

3 years ago
So seems like CoG came a long way since that drama, maybe that's overly optimistic but they are definitely showing more patience for Wesker22. No "how to be a good netizen" threads yet. I'm guessing Jason cutting his presence on the forum helped.

I'd post images but I don't know how, so have a link instead: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/the-monster-within-werewolf-wip/93184/44

It's super cheeky to edit the last message to make it less confrontational though lmao

3 years ago
Yeah it seems for awhile they've been run a bit more professionally and more like an actual business with mods just not involving themselves so much in drama.

I don't pay a huge amount of attention but there's definitely been less train wreck threads brought to my attention since they got rid of some of their lolcows. (Jason included. Not sure if there was ever an official reason given for why he backed off, but it really has improved the atmosphere.)

3 years ago

Awh, Mara! Bless your heart! <3

I really don't think you need to worry about Jason. Considering the poster is pretty much just asking people to strap on dildo rape him, the chances of people mistaking him for the real Jason are relatively slim.

As for the Gathering Stardust people... They're basically calling you a pedophile for (as far as I can understand) having your fictional character date another fictional character who is one year underage, completely ignoring the fact that... You know... It's fictional.

Considering you haven't done anything to them and you only spoke up once trying to be nice and have everybody get along, I think it's pretty scummy of them to single you out for no apparent reason. Not really sure what their end goal is besides saying, "Everybody look at how bad CoG is for not banning these people who we want them to ban! Bad CoG! Very bad!"

All that said, I think that on the whole, CoG and CYS get along just fine. ^_^

3 years ago
It sounded like the dildos were pretty consensual. He did have them special ordered. And I'm not one to judge somebody's reverse cucking fetish, but I would have to politely decline the invitation.

3 years ago

sharp as a fuckin cue ball this one 

3 years ago
Someone else just got suspended over a brilliant idea to act as these two's messenger. Wesker20 I believe.
Bit dumb of CoG.

3 years ago

I can imagine it right now:

Wesker: On behalf of the great Cyprus Lawson and Faye Heath of the mighty kingdom of Gathering Stardust, I bring you greetings. It is the hope of my great leaders that we can make peace in these trying times, and restore the honorable title of "woke" to the kingdom of CoGzta.

My great and noble rulers make the following demands:

1. A full pardon to both Cyprus Lawson and Faye Heath, and a welcome back to the site of CoG.

2. The banning from CoG of the following members:

Endmaster: For loling at us and calling us fags.

Mizal: For suggesting that there are only two genders.

Sentinel Penguin: ... Does he even have an account on CoG?

Avery Moore: For daring to point out that we were being massively sexist.

And Allen Gies: Because he is tinstar! ... Perhaps... Possibly... Maybe...

When the following demands are met, I'm sure we can look forward to a long and glorious friendship between our two communities.

Jason: ... ... ... Mary, where did I put my ban hammer?

3 years ago

... Actually, looking at the Gathering Stardust blog, the request actually seemed pretty reasonable. The author asked for their WIP thread to be deleted since, you know, they were banned and couldn't work on it any more... Really not sure why they didn't just delete it.

3 years ago

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

3 years ago

Though it's really not a good look to put, "Questioning Moderation Decisions" as a reason for suspension. :p

3 years ago
YOU DARE QUESTION MY DECISIONS

3 years ago
I hope this doesn't shock anyone, that's what most bans come down to anywhere. Usually it's just not phrased so bluntly.

The guy might've been sending them annoying DMs, I don't know, I don't get my news from Tumblr.

3 years ago

Been browsing the Gathering Stardust blog and I just need to ask... Why is Mara a pedo? I mean, I keep coming across posts about how Mara is a big, massive, kiddy fiddling pedo, but I very rarely see any reasoning behind the accusations and when I do, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So far all I've gathered is:

1. The age of consent in her country is lower than in America.

2. Either she's playing a game or she's writing a game where there's an RO that's 17.

... Other than that, I just really am not sure why they keep going on tirades about how Mara is a massive pedo.

3 years ago
I've been talking about it on discord and best we could find was Mara wanting to romance a 17 year old character with her 18 year old character. I guess that's paedophilia and rape apologism.

Methinks they might simply not like Mara. A lot of people don't seem to.

3 years ago

OMG, a one year age gap! THE MONSTER!!!! O.O

3 years ago
Could someone get on the Tumblr and just ask them straightforwardly if they think all Europeans are pedophile rapists?

I mean I know I do, but that's besides the point.

3 years ago

We are. And thank you for reminding me. I almost forgot to feed the small child I have locked in my basement. ^_^

3 years ago
If you can, drop some of your teenage sex slaves in Calais - we are having a Brexit shortage

3 years ago
For a good enough price, we can sail over some more Romanian girls currently working in Amsterdam. It'll cost you, though. They used to be pretty popular.

3 years ago
Goodness gracious me, I have not encountered so many no no words in one place since the last time my brother's friends played Smash Melee!

3 years ago

Sounds like your brother's friends are very cultured people!

3 years ago

Welcome to CYS! ^_^

3 years ago
Having previously socialized in a real world environment with other human beings, little Cyclonis found himself easily up to the challenge of reading and typing words on a screen without suffering physical or emotional harm.

3 years ago

Been scrolling through the Gathering Stardust blog and it seems like things have calmed down. CoG actually did remove the WIPs that the two authors asked them to remove, so that's good.

Only other thing I noticed worth mentioning is one of the authors is working on a game called Dragon Pact, which has the unfortunate abbreviation of DP, so my immature little self is giggling away at the line, "Faye has been focussing on DP lately"

3 years ago
Of course they're into dragons.

Brad could tell you a few things about the moral character of people who are too into dragons.

3 years ago

... I guess they all like DP? :p

3 years ago
Specifically bad dragons, eh?

2 years ago

Update for those that might be interested in lols. (And nope, I didn't even originally look for this, it was brought to my attention, since I figured it was done with)

Summary: Basically CoG's getting called out on it's long standing hypocrisy and more Tumblr faggots are flocking to Twine because apparently CoG is too fucking toxic for them.

There's honestly TOO much whining to actually screen shot it all, but here's the links if you want.

EDIT: Bah, once again faggots backpeddling and deleting their rants due to CoG mod bullying. So much for their big talk.

The most detailed one

The piggyback and some other shit

However here's two choice bits.

First up, hey look we got an indirect call out!

Okay this is just bullshit, we're not fucking anti-Semitic so this tranny is just making shit up on that front. I'm not even sure what the fuck the "h-slur" is because I sure don't remember using one.

And no, faggot and retard still aren't slurs, they're accurate descriptors of not just CoGites, but of most of the IF community at this point. Some of them being the former, others being the latter and a whole lot of them managing to be a spectacular combination of the two.

And why the fuck would you feel unsafe as a twin? Unless your twin sibling is planning on RAEPING you, you're pretty safe on that front.

And here's one from the other place.

Suspended for White Knighting and Questioning Moderation, that's hilarious. Lol.

2 years ago

Yey! That's me! ^_^

I do love how they keep bringing up the whole "A Hosted Games Author partook in the thread!" despite the fact that I didn't say anything offensive, bringing up "One of the CoG mods is a member of CYS" despite the fact that I don't think Gower's ever said a mean word to anyone in his life, and bringing up the author of Tin Star just because some guy made an account with tinstar as his username. :p

All that said, very much lol that "White Knighting" is actually a given reason for suspension. I like to think he lowered his fedora and told the mods, "How dare you upset M'lady." As a sibling, I am extremely amused. ^_^

2 years ago
Refer to me as the OG Tinstar or I'll kill myself.

2 years ago

My apologies. :p

2 years ago
I just find the fact that they're still stalking us weird. If we're really The Site That Must Not Be Named only spoken of in hushed whispers because we upset them so deeply, why are they always hanging out here reading everything?

Next time we get an alt spammer maybe I'll put Questioning Moderation or Opining Microaggressively or some other Orwellian sounding stuff on their exp page, that's not a bad idea.

2 years ago

Their logic seems to be that any user with an account on CYS should just be autobanned from CoG because we're all big, fat meanins... Unfortunately for them, that rule only applies to IntFiction. ^_^

2 years ago

I don't see a downside to this idea at all.

@Gower

Initiate Order 66. Me first, then go down the list in the order of importance. Save the last bullet for yourself, but don't forget Eiwynn. 

2 years ago
Insult whoever you want but don't even talk about my friend Eiwynn. She has done nothing to be included in this type of jokes.

2 years ago

She has an account here and so is as worthy of death as all the rest of us. Try paying attention to the topic, it may help.

2 years ago
Maybe not hiding yourself under alts would help to your pathological cowardy.

2 years ago

Look at your astounding hypocrisy here, "poison_mara", as if that's even your real name!

Here I am openly using my full name as it appears on my birth certificate, and a photo taken of me by my mother at my 27th birthday party, and you dare call me a cowardy??????

While you hide behind an internet persona and the fact that no one can ever understand what the fuck it is you're trying to say. 

2 years ago

Eiwynn has an account on CYS?

2 years ago
If she has an account or not it has nothing to do with this thread.

2 years ago

The joke is that the Gathering Stardust people seem to want everybody who has an account on CYS to be banned on CoG. It's not directed at Eiwynn.

2 years ago

"Their logic seems to be that any user with an account on CYS should just be autobanned"

"If she has an account or not it has nothing to do with this thread."

MODS?? Just going to let her troll me like this? I despise trolls. 

2 years ago

Very micro aggressive behaviour. >.<

2 years ago

Surprisingly. She actually posted a few times and made a thread in CC.

Hell, I featured a couple of her reviews.

2 years ago
Dan also has an account. Hmmm, you know, as much as I hate to agree with Jason on anything, I'm starting to warm up to this idea...

2 years ago

Having a read through of the threads and have to giggle at the CoG publishing guide:

"Our games, their design, and our company values are inclusive and egalitarian. We encourage applications from writers who are women and other marginalized genders, LGBTQ, disabled, and persons of color."

Did not realise that women were a marginalized gender. :p

Edit: Oh! Context! So the reason they don't feel safe as a twin was because of some random people in the CoG forums talking about how they like to fap to fantasies of twins getting it off. Was wondering what the fuck being a twin had to do with anything. :p

Edit 2: Oh wow, the piggy back thread is golden! Poor little pink haired weeb, just trying to give the author completely fair and polite feedback and getting told off for being "rude". Seriously, if somebody thinks that "I read the story and it wasn't really for me" is too rude, maybe the internet in general just isn't the best place for them. >.<

2 years ago

Clicky Link

Seems like the argument: it's hurtful to tell other people their work isn't for them or be of opinion that interactive fiction should be interactive.

2 years ago

Bloody actual hell, do these people just walk around dressed in bubble wrap? >.<

2 years ago
At the end, they died. You laugh, but it's obvious they should have used protection, much like their parents. Oh well.

2 years ago
Commended by ISentinelPenguinI on 4/3/2021 5:01:40 PM

I just have to love the contrast between CoG and CYS criticism and response.

CoG Criticism: Sorry. This was just not for me (hope I'm in the minority in this.)

CoG Response: This is not constructive criticism! It's rude and unhelpful and you might hurt the author's feelings!

CYS Criticism: This story is utter shite, shat out from a rectum most horrid. Words cannot express the sheer REVULSION I feel after reading this literary turd. The universe yawns before me, and I feel my mind slipping into madness... I think I'll just close my eyes... NO! I need to finish this review, even as it tears out my soul. This is horrible, to re-iterate. The so-called "Variable" had no worth, as all the links that killed me killed me instantly. You clearly put no effort into this piece of shit. The sheer vulgarity of this obscene little nightmare sickens me. 8/8, because this review helped me break my Writers Block.

CYS Response: Greatest roast ever! ^_^

2 years ago
That feel when Avery writes these fantastic general purpose reviews on the forum, but her exp page looks like this.

I die. :(

2 years ago

Can't even take credit. That one was Malk. :p

2 years ago

And now I'm getting commended for Malk's review. Thanks@hetero_malk ! And happy birthday. ^_^

2 years ago

COG based? Clicky link

This post is hilarious "I felt incredibly unsafe and don’t feel comfortable on the forums as someone with Muscogee Creek ancestry." You expect these damn wypipo to finish what they started several hundred years ago?

Honestly, I read all of these people's migrating to twitch WIPs and there are a couple of repeating patterns:

- Very woke, RO's with swappable gender except for one that's nonbinary to make a point and who are central to the main plot. Bonus point for a conversation about transition and gender where you can be nothing but supportive.

- Very... angsty. Self-harm, depression, alcoholism, dark themes but not *problematic* themes

- Don't like giving MC too much input, frequently wrestle control from the player - bonus point for unskippable mental breakdowns

- The MC is usually incompetent despite stats or informed competence - Romance-focused Unsurprisingly, most of them are friends on Tumblr. I'm always happy when trash takes itself out.

Edit1: Going through one of the tumblrs mentioned, it seems like some CoG refugees to Twitch announced the transition on CoG Forum and got their threads unlisted:

Clicky link

2 years ago
- Assorted mental illnesses real and imagined, awful personalities
- Can't hold a job (see above)
- Can't buy CoG games (see above)

I don't see anyone on the business side of things really agonizing about any of the decisions here.

It's always been weird to me that CoG seems to go out of its way to encourage a culture that inevitably leads to this kind of drama, when the absurdly woke are not even the ones buying their games. They're just sort of permanently camped out on the forums, dominating everything while any disagreement is flagged and silenced.

Until they decide even that's not enough and they pull dumb shit like this, lol. Wondering if it's going to become the new trend, you're just not gender fluid enough unless you're denouncing CoG on Tumblr for their....continual hate and attempted genocide of the Muscogee Creek people, I guess.

Anyway, I haven't even gotten to fully dig around into all the drama, mostly just reading reactions right now. Looking forward into digging into this like a basket of Easter candy later.

2 years ago

That IS interesting. Like, when I published POF on here and posted the link on CoG, they literally deleted the thread the second I posted it and gave some bullshit excuse of "it may or may not contain offensive material, but we can't be bothered to read it, or to check with anybody who did read it to find out." ... I think CoG just literally wants to take over the entire IF community and silence anyone who uses any other kind of platform so that as few people as possible know that there's anywhere else to go. :p

2 years ago
>>>I think CoG just literally wants to take over the entire IF community and silence anyone who uses any other kind of platform so that as few people as possible know that there's anywhere else to go. :p Well yeah, have you been keeping up with the IFDB threads? Taking over the entire IF community and silencing everyone else he can is literally what Dan has done, and recently.

2 years ago

Yeah, I saw all that, but I thought that was directed specifically to CYS, not Twine users. >.<

2 years ago
Give him time.

He owns the only major IF archive where they could list their games and the only major IF contest where they can get their games exposure and reviews.

Perhaps in time we will find that we are all not so different after all. (Except for the ones that are massive pearl-clutching faggots with sand in their vaginas who decided crying and bitching and shitting all over the one IF site that might've been sympathetic to their anti-CoG whining should be their top priority. )

Or maybe he'll just make some kind of move to monetize Twine games next. For 80% of your sales money and if you meet his strict guidelines for the format and content all IF must have, he'll have some intern shovel it onto Google Play for you, what a deal!

2 years ago
Nice plan but I don't think it will be successful with that shitty layout CoG insists on and a particular resistance to save systems or any heavier customization.

2 years ago

Out of curiosity, can I get a link to the game that everyone was white-knighting over? ^_^

2 years ago
I still had it in history but the author took it down and it's locked and unlisted: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/wip-the-aeons-dawning-not-an-april-fools-joke/97543/42

https://theaeonsdawning.tumblr.com/post/647626268767027200/a-not-so-quick-announcement

Also in response to drama CoG announced a new section for hobbyists:
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/about-the-hobby-projects-category/97781

2 years ago

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought the WIP was from someone who was banned on CoG, hence why people felt the need to White Knight them... But the author isn't banned at all, so... Why the White Knighting? If a review upset the author, then they could've just said so themselves... I don't know. Personally I'd be really annoyed if somebody gave one of my games a negative review and some rando felt the need to dive in and start defending me, assuming that I'm some paper-mache doll that would implode at even the slightest hint of criticism. >.<

2 years ago

Had a brief read through of the game and I get where all the confused people are coming from. Some pretty, descriptive imagery is nice and all, but when your whole game is pretty, descriptive imagery, it's really hard to tell what's actually going on. Like, how much of what's going on is metaphorical and how much is actually real? It's genuinely hard to tell.

Like, for the first chapter I was like, "Okay, what the fuck is happening?" Then by the second chapter I went, "Oh! I get it! It was a dream! It was supposed to be confusing. Now things will start to make sense." ... They did not. :p

2 years ago
I'll be honest, I have no clue what's going on with any of this beyond skimming like two posts, and no real interest in finding out.

Tumblr and CoG are fighting though! That's so funny.

2 years ago
Finally read the original post, lol. Anti-Semiticism is a new one, pretty sure they're just making shit up at this point considering we've have several Jewish members all throughout our history, and except for notoriously whiny and useless fascist Chinaboo betaband, they're all pretty high on the totem pole. We have both Jewish and Arab admins ffs, we literally brought peace to the Middle East.

I did see one of their posts bitching about the Samurai games, which I agree is pretty hypocritical on CoG's part, but I think it got grandfathered in, plus creepy weeb shit is a fact of life and I know these Tumblrinas are all big shota fans in private, they just give off that vibe.

Besides which, no shit a company is going to continue publishing a product that sells in favor of cancelling it for the sake of people who whine constantly about everything, weren't buying anything in the first place, and are statistically likely to kill themselves if you just wait long enough anyway.

Also I gotta say, the spoiled whiteness just oozes off anyone who tosses around 'safe' and 'unsafe' the way Tumblr people do. You can tell they've never been in a situation where they felt even mildly threatened IRL. It's like the way they stole 'triggered' from sufferers of actual PTSD and are now have started faking having DID as some weird roleplay thing that turns them all into Pokemon and otherkin.

2 years ago
That post by End simply warms my heart. I feel so proud of CYS.

2 years ago

Looking back on the thread, I think that the "h-slur" they're referring too is "hermaphrodite" ... Which was only used in a direct quote from something they said, which suggested that they have absolutely no idea what that word means considering they refer to it as "transphobic" ... I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a case of people trying to take an inoffensive word and make it offensive, but even if it was offensive, calling the word "hermaphrodite" transphobic would be like calling the n word sexist. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. >.<

2 years ago
Perhaps unsurprisingly the whole drama resulted in a couple of active little threads on COG about what can be considered interactive fiction and handling criticism:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/interactive-fiction-and-what-it-is-is-not/97672/39 (Interactive Fiction and what it is/is not)
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/addressing-the-different-types-of-wips/97693 (Addressing the Different Types of WiPs)
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/is-this-constructive-feedback/67498/23 (Is this constructive feedback?)

I might be wrong but I'm almost sure this will result in massive bitching somewhere soon. But I'm actually shocked at how well this is being handled so far.

2 years ago

Poor little Gower trying to keep the peace. >.<

2 years ago
One of the stupider things about the IFDB/the IntFiction board is that no one is allowed to have any standards and say something isn't interactive fiction, even if it's not interactive in any way. If the author says it is, it is. That's the biggest reason they get infected with all the little 300 word choiceless Twine tumors and why the system has such a bad reputation.

I haven't checked out screenshots or read any of the surrounding discussion, but it'd be interesting to have CoG and the IFDB wind up with opposite stances on this when they're both owned by the same person.

2 years ago

I think you're being very biased, mizal. That and lazy since you still haven't gotten round to reading my favourite Interactive Fiction, To Kill A Mockingbird... Also, just a reminder that you still need to recommend your own Interactive Fiction in the book club... I hope it's something by Charles Dickens. He's one of my favourite IF authors. ^_^

2 years ago

kill the Jews 

2 years ago

And the dumb Spanish whores. 

2 years ago

But whatever shall become of the smart Spanish whores?

2 years ago

That doesn't make any sense. It's like you're asking me what to do with a Black who doesn't steal.

2 years ago
And now that you knocked the thread I JUST made out of the index, comedy hour is over.

2 years ago

It's incredible how much drama the various interactive fiction communities can produce. I like to imagine how it would be if this sort of thing carried over to other areas of life, the tears and anger and bitter fallout of a few drinkers of Coke announcing they were switching to room temperature tap water because all the acidity hurt their tummies.

2 years ago

WOW.

CoG just going full internet police on people's personal Tumblrs now.

EDIT: Oh hey look, nothing is ever really gone from the internet!

(That's most of the original important meat of the rant anyway)

2 years ago

... Wait... So, they ban them for posting stuff they don't like on tumblr... Then after that, they ask them not to post stuff they don't like on tumblr? ... Or is this one of the people who hasn't been banned?

2 years ago

Pretty sure this person isn't publishing through CoG anymore and was distancing from them. This was the twin that had a laundry list of reasons of why CoG was a hypocritical toxic company and now she took it all down at the request of CoG lol.

Though I guess not everyone took everything down.

Fight the power. Lol.

2 years ago

... But why? >.<

2 years ago

Tumblrinas are generally weak and squishy would be my guess.

Honestly, I'm not sure why she backed down from such blatant bullying and fascism. I mean I thought the woke crowd was generally supposed to be against that sort of thing. You got a company that's going around trying to silence people at every turn.

At this point I'm pretty sure we're the only IF community left with any courage of our convictions.

2 years ago
Trying to sell a text game through a company already seems so far against their beliefs, I thought these people mostly were hardcore socialists? But look at them compromising their visions left and right for a handful of dollars that Jason probably wiped his ass with before making them pick it up off the floor. (With their teeth.)

I wasn't sure why the need to stop using ChoiceScript itself though when afaik anyone can use it and Dashingdon isn't affiliated with the company. But then I realize they're still grabbing for money on itch, so it has to be made with something like Twine or Ren'py.

2 years ago
I'm not sure why more people aren't doing Ren'Py, Python is piss easy. Then again Twine probably allows even more shortcuts and they're still bitching it's hard, God help them if someday they'll try to make a more complicated game.

2 years ago

Yeah, unfortunately wokeness and hypocrisy tend to go hand in hand. This is why I like this site. I might be called a retarded fool who's so lacking in manhood the mother of my child left me for a shemale, but at least I won't get banned for reapondng by calling them incestuous mongoloids that pimp out their own mothers to the crackheads living in the trailer parks and ghettos. This site understands that people here are responsible for their own words and actions.

2 years ago

Slander. Their mothers are all at EndMaster's.

2 years ago

Lol 

Benholman everyone, CYS' favorite bit player in our glorious series.

2 years ago
I'm Dan Fabulich and if only the crackheads around here could afford my mother, I'd finally have a job more dignified than selling text games other people write to complaining Tumblr fags.

2 years ago
Got it, CoG and Tumblr are fighting. That's so funny! ^_^

2 years ago

2 years ago
Dear Tumblr,

We don't really mind the Discord spies, just please make them more interesting.

Love,
--Mizal

2 years ago

Oh God, was I in there again? :p

2 years ago

Nah, they weren't even that interesting. Popping in without much interaction and then just going silent is boring. (Hell we kick lazy CYStians off the Discord for inactivity all the time.)

Amusingly, in the very first post I invited all tumblrinas, CoGites, and the like to actually express their opinions on the current situation with CoG directly on here, but the best we got was some fucktard from one of those groups trying to be edgy and splattering the most predictable shitposts ever.

Not sure what they hope to gain by spying in the Discord really since we're pretty upfront about everything on the forums.

2 years ago

... Maybe you'll say something so offensive that they'll have to demand that you... Ban yourself?

2 years ago
They showed up with the most Tumblr looking avatar and all interactions went down like:

"haha I hate that CoG shit, can you give me access to the rest of the channels now?'

"Okay but what's your account first?'

"Ummm....let me just...make one....there! Can I get access to the rest of your channels now? I just love CYS games so much!"

"Oh, which ones have you read?"

*long pause*

"Oh....you know....the ones on the....page."

"Well, the rules are that everyone has to write a review first...."

(Which surprisingly they did and it was actually pretty decent.)

"Okay, NOW can I have access to the rest of the channels? And btw I love tabletop games a whole lot since this Green person keeps trying to make conversation with me, I love the one with the dungeons especially. But enough about me! The channels?"

"Sure whatever, knock yourself out with the spying."

Then just a complete ceasing of communication the second they got in there, you could actually hear the screenshots being frantically taken of stuff that would all be public and immediately accessible anyway if not for the Intfiction trolls we had before.

Ignored a tag from me for 24 hours and never logged into the site again after making the account, so really they probably would've been kicked even if they hadn't been so obvious, we don't just let any random uncommunicative noob take up space.

2 years ago
That's a lie, I was able to make an account on here. Professional CYS lurker since like 2007. Though I did kinda stop coming to this place in like 2011 or 12. Had found CoG. Broke my cherry with them on Zombie Exodus and was obsessed. Obviously that's all out the window now though. The best games they have are like y'all have said, the ones where the company has no control over. You Sent going to find anything like eternal or necromancer on there though and that kinda sucks. There's a lot of really good content on this site. Something I was thinking about though, I am fairly certain I read that CoG book Mecha Ace here first years ago. Like, I know I did. Does anyone know if they were the same author or what? And it might not be "Mecha Ace" specifically, it's the one with the not gundums fighting the lizards with swords when You rescue some chick who I think was a doctor something idk. But like, if that wasn't the same person that wrote the story here, they literally ripped an entire story from this site practically word for word.

Long live the empire here though haha

2 years ago
The one who is lying is you. I was part of the private alpha and beta of Mecha ace I suggested several adding and paths to the game during its development. Paul Wang is a veteran game designer and writer with games in several companies. You can attack Cog all you want and their policies. But not lie about authors that have a reputation and never plagiarize anyone.

2 years ago

Jesus, calm the fuck down. he was probably just misremembering Mechanized Assault Unit 

2 years ago
In Spain calm is this.

2 years ago
You gotta sympathize with Mara because she can't curse you with the speed of a machine gun over text.

2 years ago
I mean, maybe she can, if you agree to read her text really really fast...

2 years ago
This makes me want to specifically lie about and defame cog authors. Too bad I don't know of any.

2 years ago

I wrote a Hosted Game. ^_^

2 years ago
I thought it was already established that Hosted Games don't count ;P

2 years ago
Yeah as much as I love the drama, it makes me sad I never really have anything to contribute to these discussions but random shitposting, I just don't know enough about the inner workings of the CoG community since my only interaction has always been just reading threads that someone else finds funny enough to show me.

Paying money for text games though, sure sounds hella gay.

2 years ago

Amusingly I used to contribute quite a bit to the forums when they were actually talking about writing over there rather than the usual whining about gender or whatever. Got along fine with most of the people there.

But hey, can't have me whipping up rebellion over there when they got that bit already covered by their own fucktardery.

2 years ago
I'm just happy that can't claim they're barely aware of CYS and don't care about it anymore, when besides the CoG ban, Dan's literal first act upon gaining control of the IFDB was to personally wipe your account, remove every one of your reviews (manually?), and then code in a way to delist your games.

It's obvious they are reading. Angrily, and now even more impotently than ever.

2 years ago
Oh my post was about the Discord, I don't question it when people hanging around here don't appear to ever do shit, I just assume they're doing furry roleplay over PMs or something.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Mechanised_Assault_Unit.aspx

^That's the only mecha game I'm aware of here, you probably did read it since it was a big deal in 2007. I never read it or the one you're talking about either, but highly doubtful there was any plagiarism. Then again, all mechas look alike to me.

2 years ago
all mechas look alike to me

I know, right? Just like all the orientals and blacks.

2 years ago
If they're in a robot tank, yes.

2 years ago
Yeah it was MAU but I can't find it on the CoG forum anymore. Maybe I'm misremembering, I don't think I am, feel like it's just been sanitized over there but all I've got is a memory of reading through the basement section knowing what was gonna happen and thinking I had read this before. And at the end when there is a column of lizards marching out of a dropship. Idk, my memory clearly says I read that over on CoG and it was practically word for word but like I said, I can't find it anymore.

P.S. Mecha Ace was beautiful