Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Let the Cringy Lovefest Commence!

6 years ago

Who's your favorite site member? We'll tally up the votes just for shits and giggles, so don't expect anything except all around love. Don't get all cocky though if End or another mod claims you as their least likely person to ban, as it's hardly a compliment.

Ready? Go! I'm going to start and vote Seto as my favorite member. @Seto

6 years ago

I no

6 years ago

I vote for Sentinel Penguin based on his sense of carnal whimsy. 

6 years ago

He was just online about 10 minutes ago too.

6 years ago

S

6 years ago

Love me some Killa_Robot. 

Notice me Senpai!

6 years ago

@Killa_Robot You have a fan, and more importantly, a vote!

6 years ago

B

6 years ago
Well shit, welcome back Playa.

6 years ago

Senpai? Is this really happening?!

6 years ago

Well, Chris is my best buddy on this site.

But I also like Sent because he's a cool guy.

But also Brad because he helps me with coding stuff and is also a cool guy.

Zag as well because he's pretty cool and draws stuff for me.

MHD is also those but not the second thing so much, but I enjoy hearing from them.

Then again, I do like Thara because she's sarcastic as hell and pretty cool too.

Speaking of, I like End because he's pretty funny as well, and makes great stories.

I also like Mizal, because she also does story stuff and seems pretty knowledgeable about that.

Axiom as well, but also for drawing ability and because an 'Axiom' is a literary device that means something is accepted or true because fuck all, and I think that's a pretty clever name.

Bucky is pretty cool too.

Malk is one of the homies.

Hell, even though Steve can get pretty pissy sometimes, I still think he's a cool guy and great writer.

Aty is pretty cool.

Wibbon is a cool person, and I like how I said "Wibbon" when I referred to Wibbon and it became a thing.

Wiggles is a pretty cool person also.

Coins is also pretty funny, and I enjoy his character traits.

I think Mayana is pretty cool, because if I was blind I wouldn't even use the internet and go through the effort. I'd probably just be Daredevil.

3J is a cool guy, doing site stuff, keeping CYS great.

Berka is a pretty funny guy also.

Killa is pretty bomb as well.

Fazz is really a cool guy, for sure.

But out of all these guys, gonna have to vote for Seto as well. Great guy.

6 years ago

That...was beautiful. 2 votes for Seto so far.

6 years ago

Oh, dang, I forgot some bois:

Morgan_R: Great person, nice to talk to.

Briar: Great stories, Cool person.

Aman: The manliest man.

Tan: Didn't really know him, but seemed pretty smart.

Drak: Saaaame.

Nate:  Pretty chill, cool guy.

Playa: Eyyyy lmao

Minnie: Puns are cool, but a bit too much puns.

I think that's all.

... Maybe.

6 years ago

Thanks Tim.

6 years ago

Oh hi.

6 years ago
Thanks Tim! And I have passed this along to Axiom in a bid to get her posting more, even though she quite honestly is an elitist cunt and too good for all of us.

6 years ago

Thanks to you too, Mizal. That second part is also true.

6 years ago

Seems like a better title for this thread would have been "Let the Love Fest Commence" since the Blood Feuds are currently going on in the coins thread.

6 years ago

Personally I would go with "Let the Cringy Circle Jerk Commence!"  

6 years ago

I split the difference.

6 years ago

Well, the title is now perfect.

Cooperation is wonderful.

6 years ago

Eh, good enough.

6 years ago

Feel free to change it, if you'd like. I'm scared I might attract some incest lovers though.

6 years ago

Seems legit.

Don't really disagree with anyone saying someone is coolio.

6 years ago

Thara might not give me my daily dog kibbles if I don't pick her, but I want to pick one of my friends over at the Abusement Park >_<

I'll just take a few minutes or hours to decide.

6 years ago

We were Pokemon Trainers together!

6 years ago

Hey now, I said I was still deciding.

6 years ago

hmm. i'll have to make a list.

thara: bc apples
endmaster: great storywriter, look up to you
fazz: tolerated me when i was a warrior cat lover and wrote horribly
literally everyone on here is great, no hard feelings to anyone

6 years ago

taking into account your history of writing up erotica featuring cys members, i think that your reason for saying me is one from a impure and devious place in your head. or is the real reason really just my apples that i give so willingly to everyone? in any case don't forget to brush and floss! oh and eat your fruits and veggies, too.  

6 years ago

i just like apples? and you’re a good writer. but damn like okay, i’ll take you out from the list then. 

6 years ago

If it makes you feel any better your cave stone age degenerate orgy-fest fanfiction story gave me a tad bit of inspiration for my own cameo type story WIP a couple months back.

6 years ago

i suspect it was deleted and i have no record or clear recollection of it other than something about rods and horses but other than that nothing. but i’m glad my fever-haze fanfiction offered some inspiration? have fun with that. 

6 years ago

i don't mind if it's just for apples. i was simply trying to tease you in good fun, that's all. my bad if my post seemed like i was put off in any way by your list. 

6 years ago

no hard feelings. i’ll add you back onto the list. 

6 years ago

Ooh, I can feel the love already.

My favorite site member? That's a pretty difficult decision. But, in spite of all the rad guys and gals here, I'd have to choose my Sentsei, @ISentinelPenguinI

6 years ago

Okay, I can't choose. I'll just make a list of my favorite people.

Saika - Amazing writer, best roleplay buddy, and a great friend overall.

Crescentstar - Possibly the most helpful person I've ever met. Very helpful and willing to help others.

Seto - Extremely nice and respectful, really good at giving advice and helping with writing.

Orange - One of the funniest people I've ever met, an awesome person and a cool member.

Thara - Best owner and writes the best nonexistent storygames.

xNeoBurritox - Makes me smile, probably more than anyone else, whether it be from humorous stories or cool images he's made.

Ford - Helps me keep realistic goals by crushing my dreams and amusing me with his rants.

Plelb - Helps me by keeping me motivated and prepared.

Will11 - For always being nice and supplying the site with the weekly review and the roll of honour.

Mizal - Pretty cool in PMs and is really good at helping out the site in terms of writing (WWP) and her article on forum etiquette.

6 years ago
I saw that edit! You're still out of the will!

6 years ago

>_>

I'm sorry

I knew i'd forget someone

6 years ago

Can't choose... and if I made a list I guarantee I'd forget somebody. Lots of awesome people here. ^_^

6 years ago
People I like:

Berka
Endmaster (assuming I will be banned if I don't include him)

Seto
Minnie
Tim
Zag
Crescent

...hmm, yeah I guess that's it. If you're not on that list I think it's pretty safe to say I don't like you. In fact, chances are good I actively dislike you and have at least one notebook scribbled full of reasons why in angry red ink.

6 years ago

I guess a crossed out name is better than nothing :)

6 years ago

YYYYES!

I'M ON A LIST!

6 years ago

My favorite member is right here!

<3

6 years ago

Thanks, my friendly dragon friend!

Edit:

... Oooooh. I get the joke.

Kind of a blow to the self esteem.

Thanks still, I guess. It was a clever thingamabob.

6 years ago

Haha, this is genuinely very well played and caused me to laugh when I realized what the craic was. Nice one.

6 years ago
I'd go about ranking how much I like certain members by how chill they'd be to hang out with for a day. In this scale I'd probably like myself the most because I'm alone every day and it's great; but if I had to choose someone else I think 3J would be a pretty cool guy to go have a beer with. BD probably second and third I'd probably go with Aman, October, PCG, alexp, reverencia, etc etc many many people.

My "vote" goes to 3J.

6 years ago

Nobody, I hate you all. Jk, I love all of you, except MinnieKing, which is why I'm voting for him.

6 years ago

Well, Chris was probably my first friend on here, so he's on that list somewhere. Believe it or not, I like looking back at my idiotic debates with Steve and Playa, so they might be up there as well.

6 years ago

Voting 4 End.

6 years ago

Probably Tim for me.

@Tim36D luv u bb.

6 years ago

@Chris113022 notice me, senpai.

6 years ago

Oh and you too, but you're in second place.

6 years ago

I'll take it.

6 years ago

<3

6 years ago

Honestly, It has and always will be EndMaster. His stories are one of the reasons I joined this site and he is probably way to good of a writer to be on here. His posts are always a joy to read and he never gets caught up in the bullshit.

BZ was always a joy as a Gm and let me do really dumb things that could make things super werid.

JJJ - Well he was a great writer and moderator for the site who actively helped new members get acculmated. He also didn't get to mad at us when we pranked him that the site had a bug that turned all the forum Titles and Members his profile picture.

Killa is inventive as all hell.

Other then that I don't know enough about a whole lot of the active members of the site

6 years ago

Aw nuts, I didn't make the honor roll.

6 years ago

Oh I have a lot I could say about people who aren't here any more but something tells me that would not be a good idea. I saw someone Mention Brair Rose. She is a great artist and was a little shy but had one of the sweetest dispostions ever.

Also see clause where I don't know many active people you young whippersnapper. 

6 years ago
I vote for Alexp. It's the only choice that won't get me killed once he returns. But I actually like most of you.

6 years ago

I haven't met a site member yet who I couldn't stand (since trolls and fools have numerous value). Most of you I like a lot, but BZ, EM, and Mizal are my favorites. I'll put my vote for EM.

I feel as though voting for Mizal or BZ is like voting 3rd party in an election based off of how things are going.

6 years ago
End was pretty obviously going to win this one.

I like Berka a lot but he's not as flashy with his noob executions, plus never wrote about dark elf BDSM. You can't win the popular vote without those things, it just will never happen.

Seto hasn't been that active lately or he would've had a good chance too.

6 years ago
"plus never wrote about dark elf BDSM"

(Not that you know of anyways...)

<.<
>.>

6 years ago

We all know you don't write BDSM with dark elves. You write it with penguins. :)

6 years ago

Oh boy.

6 years ago
You're thinking of Sentinel.

6 years ago

Wouldn't they be Penguinites, then?

6 years ago

My vote goes to Sentinel, or Playa. Both have a cool forum personality and good stories under their belt.

6 years ago
I guess I never officially voted, which is good because I completely forgot that my favorite person on the site is Swiftkitty!

Runner up would be the author of ramona wilde, but I can't remember their name.

Sorry, everyone else.

6 years ago

My favorite, active members would be WIBN (I always enjoy your writing), Ford (for the reality check), BD (helpful and friendly), MK (friendly, smart, punny), and Plelb (good person and nice to talk to). How Ford is the second guy on the list—I have no idea. I didn't rank them in any order or anything. If Seto were more active, he'd be one for sure. My vote to WIBN though. :3

6 years ago

That was a pleasant surprise. :)

6 years ago

^-^

6 years ago
That was a pleasant surprise. :)

6 years ago

At first, I just saw the message and didn't realize it was you. I was going to put a happy face. You get a cookie instead. Have a cookie. *gives Ford cookie*

6 years ago
I have cookies blocked because I\'m a good bot!

6 years ago

Haha

6 years ago

Brownies are better anyways.

6 years ago

I knew I should've done pie instead.

6 years ago
note that I prefer them creamy

6 years ago

Thanks for all the votes! 

Asking for a favorite site member is basically like asking me what's my favorite game (basically impossible, unless I do some deep soul searching or something).

I will say that SentinelPenguin is hilarious, Endmaster makes great stories, Minnieking has done a ton of really good criticisms and his writing has improved a lot (nice to see someone actually taking criticism ^-^), Ford is actually a lot nicer than he pretends to be :P and very funny, Mizal has such a welcoming attitude to the newbies :P truly heartwarming, Crescent writes a lot better than she thinks..., Bradin is always so helpful when anyone has scripting related problems, Berka has all those amazing stories (I love them so much, and you can see all the effort put into them :O I have a lot of respect for berka), JJJ with all the dedication he's put into moderating and implementing changes for the site, Will11 for being so helpful and nice to everyone, and so many other people and so many other reasons.

If I keep gushing on and on about everyone I like on here and all the reasons, I'm sure I'd hit some sort of word cap.

6 years ago
Fun fact: There's no word cap.

If you happen across it, there's a post of mine which is actually a copy-paste of an entire book roughly 100 times over. Took a second or two for my PC at the time to paste. Pretty sure it was something by Doyle, Shakespeare, or Adams; it was a long time ago. Perhaps 3J has corrected it (though it's not really a problem since serving up plaintext isn't really a big deal at all.)

6 years ago
Still no limit, and we all are reminded of this whenever Chowhall stops by.

6 years ago
it's really not the mass of text that's a problem. even the server giving you several books worth of plaintext is literally nothing - there might be half a second more to load the page. It's images, videos, colors, large things, and massive data structures that slow things down. If you think a picture is worth a thousand words you're wrong in the case of a website a picture is worth easily a million words. Ultimately letters are mere bits of data but images, things with color values and encodings to make them larger or smaller or animate and look a certain way at a certain size and greater resolution make words on the site seem absolutely negligible.

The beauty here is that alexp has limited image upload sizes to the site to be really small. If a troll tried to post a thousand images that were hosted on this site it would create a minor dip of lag. If they linked from elsewhere some supersized images of massive gifs or something it makes no burden on the site - it's just a connection to somewhere else (the site which hosts the data serves the data - if it isn't from cys it's not got any affect on the cys servers). The lag would be purely client side and ultimately anyone with a decent internet connection would be negligibly effected.

It's actually a huge waste of time to try to troll quantitatively within a thread because it's just one webpage. The problem comes with multiple web pages - that is, as we all know, the popular idea of making tons of threads. Making tons of threads with 2 letters in them creates a slightly larger annoyance but to much fewer people since only janitors that do it for free mods have to deal with it. Other people can post and interact around it because threads can only be created so fast and are so easily ignored that even then it's hardly worth the time or effort to make them. So what then? Well I can't go much further without giving some trolls ideas - let the 12 year olds stick to what they think is absolutely detrimental to the site when it's really just a minor inconvinience to, at most, just the moderators.

6 years ago

I could same the same for you and your writing! :P

6 years ago

Oh, I think I wanted to put something here.

I mean, I guess that  we all agree that End is our god and all, and I really like picturing Mizal bitterly sipping wine whilst stepping on teenagers or something. Zag warms my heart. Ford worries me. Sent is never not entertaining. StrykerL, with their interests and endless meticulousness, is really quite a lot of fun to talk to! Um, and Steve called me a backwards pigfucker once. It's hard to choose my favorite because we've got a lot of unique personalities here.

Oh, and props to whatever awful troll comes crawling along, 'cos they always prompt a lot of interesting coping techniques.

6 years ago
Mizal bitterly sipping wine whilst stepping on teenagers or something

So I take it that you creeping around outside my window last night? Please don't do that again. It's weird, and I value my privacy. (They were all over 18, I swear.)

6 years ago

"stepping on teenagers"

Okay, then. 

Anyways, thanks Bunni! You often put a smile on my face.

6 years ago
Ford worries you in what way

6 years ago

Damn this is tough, because there are a few users I enjoy reading. However my favorite is Endmaster both from his presence in the forums and his stories.

Honorable Mentions:

Briar_Rose, Mizal, and ISentinelPenguin