WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

General World Events Thread

9 days ago
So it seems as if they’re still butting heads about the whole situation as the deadline looms nearer.

More jobs are cool I guess, if apple or other mega corporations would be willing to up their wages for manufacture employees by 200% compared to the Mexicans they pay two pesos a hour to build their products.

I’m not all for having commercial goods rising in price, I don’t think it would even be feasible with the increased wages.

Oh well, I guess we’ll find out soon enough if they do end the deal.

What do you guys think?

9 days ago
*crickets*

8 days ago

Here, let's try to help Digit's failed attempt at discussing current political world event shit. Here's a few more:

Trump and Kim's nuclear pissing contest

That thing about the Iranians and their nuke program

Jews and Palestinians kicking each other in the balls in Gaza (again)

Discuss if you want.

8 days ago

Jerusalem belongs to Jesus. 

7 days ago

With Kim Jong, I've no idea what's going on. I don't think the North Korean government is stupid enough to actually give up their nukes, but maybe they will if they've found some secret way of not getting wiped out by America as soon as the nukes are gone. I don't know, it's a global shitshow.

The Iran Deal was a good thing and pretty necessary. Taking it away not only hurts the world, but also weakens the US' diplomatic ability as a whole.

In regards to the Jews and Palestines, I'm stuck between two attitudes. On one hand, it's clearly not the Jews' lands and the idea of taking other people's land and giving them their own ethno-state was a fucking terrible one. However, on the other hand, there is a certain white man's burden thing going on in my head where I realize the Israeli government is a lot more progressive and less backwards than the Palestinian one, and the idea of supporting the less immoral group in this immoral Endeavour seems to be an unlikable option. Plus, they're not that much better in the end. Ultimately, either it's the Palestinians land, or we should say fuck it, kick them both out and send over a group of Irish, Icelandic and Scandanavian feens to colonize the place, because fuck it, I want a non-theocracy shithole over there.

7 days ago
Carving out Israel in the first place was an incredibly awful idea, even from just a logistical standpoint. Would've been much simpler and safer hacking off a piece of Germany. But they're there now, so you deal with what's at hand.

Getting invaded and losing your land sucks, but I don't know why the international community gets so up in arms about how Israel leaches into Palestine and expands territory when Ukraine was trying to join the EU and no one did anything meaningful when Russia took Crimea.

7 days ago
The real mistake was being such pussy weaklings as to leave any Palestinians around to whine and do attacks on them in the first place.

Should've looked to the Old Testament as a guidebook on how to properly occupy the land God gave them, but oh well, if they'd listened in the first place they'd never have gotten driven out to begin with.

Really, the Jews should be embarrassed they allowed that whole diaspora and centuries of oppression and Holocaust thing to happen. Like come the fuck on people, God was literally giving you superpowers and you fucked it all up.

7 days ago

There's a reason they've been kicked out of over 110 countries throughout history. 

7 days ago

And what is that reason?

7 days ago

The racist tendencies of Judaism leading to a very little population growth, meaning that the heavy conversion attitudes of the religions that sprouted from it spread far faster than it, allowing them to become a minority that could be be abused. Also, the noses.

7 days ago

yep :P

7 days ago
Big noses = big dicks. The men of other countries were just jealous and angry about their own inadequacy..

7 days ago
Can confirm: Oranges' feminine penis is proportional to her nose.

7 days ago
@Orange

Ummm....

7 days ago

He's wrong. My penis is waaay bigger than my nose.

7 days ago
I'm scared.

7 days ago

Ogre11 Banned until 4018.

Reason: Transphobia

7 days ago
Dammit, not again!

7 days ago