WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Message

Toss around ideas and brainstorm your story.

Summer Slam Bragging & Bitching thread

19 days ago
Or I guess you can all use it to make updates on your progress or whatever, if you want. I really look forward to seeing which of you will manage second place. :)

My outline and first page were just completed, but I'm wrapping up another project this week before I switch focus.

19 days ago

I've already got a decent idea of what I want to write, and I've written the prologue. The problem is that I don't know for sure if my story fits the theme well enough or not, so that's going to be a nice surprise I guess. 

By the way, I think you're selling yourself just a bit short. I know you're expecting me to win this contest, but I'm sure you stand at least a decent chance of reaching second place.

19 days ago

I'm planning out the characters, setting, and plot for ~1 week. I'm pretty sure that it'll be in the school based category oddly enough, but I'm going for a 6/8 rating more than 1st. It's going to be entertaing watching you and Rom write quality storygames for a trophy sporting a mustache.

19 days ago

I already have the trophy, I'm just in it to make sure others won't...

19 days ago
Folks, you're looking at the face of pure evil here.

17 days ago

Lol. That's hilarious.

17 days ago
I mean ffs, he already has a moustache, what's he going to do with two?

17 days ago

One's a back-up in case Aman returns and kills the first one.

17 days ago
I heard he has an insecticide for just such an occasion!

17 days ago

I have a general plot idea and multiple paths in mind. Currently trying to finish a first page I like enough to use, which is always the hardest part for me.

17 days ago
Send me your first page and I'll helpfully explain why it sucks.

17 days ago
I have yet to think of a title so I just have stuff written in notepad

17 days ago
The Founders have forsaken you, you have no hope. Just give up now.

17 days ago

You know you can edit your title afterwards, right?

17 days ago
yeah I figured one out anyways - "Untitled"

17 days ago

My current status is one of contemplation.

17 days ago

I'm still working on my outline, but before long I'll have a master piece in the works. Oh and if I finish this story to my liking, then I'll be taking 1st place.

17 days ago
Good thing you left that 'if' there to be the key to your entire defense when you fail utterly.

17 days ago

I like to face reality, so that "if" represents the chances of failure. And I am not foolish enough to believe that I could not be beaten, which appears to be your stance. Of course, I could be wrong and you aren't foolish. Perhaps merely confident, but regardless I'll enjoy taking first place as an underdog. 

17 days ago
I get you mixed up with Endeavor a lot actually, but remembering now that you're a different guy and have posted things more than three paragraphs long, fine we can upgrade that from 'failing utterly' to merely '80% chance of moderate to severe disappointment'.

16 days ago

Ebon is way better than Endeavour who is constantly on the verge on me banning him for being so fucking annoying anytime he posts.

About the only thing that saves him is he does the Internet equivalent of curling up into a ball and apologizing/begging for mercy and he's always kept his retardation to his own short threads and doesn't post very much.

17 days ago
I feel like my plot lacks a bit of oomph tbh, but a lot of that is my feeling restricted by my setting. Too many incidents of 'but the cameras?' and 'you know what would fix this whole situation? A bullet.'

Might be due for a rework, but I guess I shouldn't sweat it too much. Really if I just overcome the obstacle of finishing the damn story, I'm not seeing enough competence on display from any of the competition so far to hold me back from an automatic win, even with a mediocre entry.

17 days ago

I disagree. My mediocrity is better than your mediocracy. :)

If you want to beat me, then you have to write an unnaturally good mediocre storygame.

17 days ago
This is so obviously false I don't even know how to respond. The very best you can hope for is to put in a bunch of cannibalism and necrophilia so MAYBE the judges can stay awake, but....no actually remembering your edgelord entry, you would probably find a way to make that boring too.

17 days ago
Plotting out the basic story in bubbles and lines.

17 days ago
Why are you even pretending? Ask End to hand you a shovel now so you can start digging your own pit.

17 days ago

He's already started digging with his hands.

16 days ago
You guys are soooo mean >~< I see Steve-senpai's influence corrupting this whole utopia and even Mizal-chan and Mini-kun :(

16 days ago
You disgust me on a deep and fundamental level.

16 days ago

Lol Mizal-chan and Mini-kun. 

16 days ago

Sounds like the title of some shitty anime.

16 days ago

I know some people who are into that sort of thing.

16 days ago

Didn't Ford have a discord dedicated to these kinds of things?

16 days ago
I did.

I still do, but I used to too.

7 days ago

I hope I haven't missed anything fun?

17 days ago
I was going to have a Bi-Weekly Progress discussion thread for this Contest, but this Thread will do nicely! I'll be sure to bump it at least every two weeks if it ever slows down. ^v^

16 days ago

At first I wasn't going to enter, because good people and thwarting evil and superheroes never really appealed to me, but I've got an idea and I probably will now. Just need to confirm with BZ that what I want to write about is good for the contest, then I'll actually put up my bet and start cracking.

Well, if I get the OK, before I start writing / plotting I'll have to do some studying up, but I feel like I will get it, and as such all today I've been watching documentaries and reading books and taking notes, lol. I kind of feel like I'm back in school. (this story is going to be about historical events, kind of like Will's stories actually)

15 days ago

I've been on this site for a while, but this is my first chance to actually consider dropping a lot of time into it, and a permanent access to internet and a computer!

15 days ago

I have an outline for one path mostly done. I'm trying to put more effort into developing the characters into relatable and human-like people, as I've had some criticism on characterization in the past. I'll try to improve and good luck to everyone!

14 days ago

You've appeared since my absense! Welcome aboard. I see you've accomplished an impressive amount of storygame rating. Good luck on your story. I'll look forward to reading it.

14 days ago

Thank you! I'll be sure to work hard!

14 days ago

I think I will do this one. I've always wanted to write about Alexander Pope in spandex! (Just to piss off the OP, of course!) :P

EDIT: Actually, I haven't the points to enter. :( Makes me sad! So, nevermind.

11 days ago

You could wager 25. No one ought think badly of your doing so. Though some might think badly of what your write. Spandex...spandex?

11 days ago
Berka is running this contest on Easy Mode. You're allowed to go into the hole on points, and End can't do more than lightly nibble on your soul in exchange.

10 days ago

Okay, I rolled the dice. I'm in.

11 days ago
If all goes well, by this time next week I should be able to start writing my story! ^_^

11 days ago
So anyway I'm being super productive and breaking all kinds of records today and it's still not enough. I'm pretty much going to have to say screw it and switch to the contest story if I want a hope of finishing it, but that means leaving this one in limbo again, possibly forever. :(

11 days ago

Dieselpunk is objectively superior to everything else. Also mizal doesn't have her shit NEARLY together as she's saying. Thta woman is going to die writing about lizard people, and can safely be filed under the "Not a threat" category.

11 days ago
I don't know about superior, bit I can confidently say your setting is more batshit than what everyone else is doing. Perhaps that will work in your favor, perhaps not.

It's true, I wrote 6000 words about lizard people yesterday and it nearly killed me. (That's ALMOST as many words as in the tiny space lesbian story Malk slaved over for weeks. Wow!)

And it's 5:30 am right now and I'm preparing to do it all over again. :(

Still going to win though.

11 days ago
Okay, I need a break from words about lizards.

Contest time.

How are the rest of you doing?

11 days ago

Finished my first page, procrastinated a bit, pretty much om schedule I'd say.

10 days ago

About two pages in. Basic outlining for the entire story is basically finished, but specific lining for each epilogues is still a WIP. I should probably be writing more.

10 days ago
If I can keep up this 13000 words per weekend pace I should have nothing to worry about, except for the part where it literally kills me. :)

10 days ago
Okay now I have 1200 words and multiple failsafe/contingency plans in place to save the story if I start running out of time.

10 days ago
I wrote a 10 page essay on the US Postal Service as part of a morals/ethics class so I'd say I'm doing pretty well overall with the ungodly amount of boredom. 5/8.

Now I have to make a presentation for it as well and talk about it for a while in front of a class that will be more bored about the postal service than I am right now.

10 days ago
Looks like I'll be going back to the drawing board with this one.

Came to the unfortunate realization that a superhero story should probably include supervillains having an effect on the plot in some way.

E: never mind I fixed my plot, going to win 1000X harder now and I don't have to scrap anything I already wrote.

7 days ago
will probably start friday. it's finals week for this quarter for me.

will have two weeks "free time" to work on it then I start classes again and I have an overload of classes because I fkn felt like it bitch why you askin.

I have some pretty cool ideas the main thing that I'll struggle with is probably going to be restricting the character to virtuous heroic choices (whatever those may be).

7 days ago

I hear you. If I enter, I'm planning to feature cuckolding in my story.

7 days ago

Ew, cuckolding is disgusting.

7 days ago
I will start today. Lol.

7 days ago

6000 words in and (I hope) all of the long winded scripting I need out of the way.

7 days ago

I've been doing everything but writing the past few days, so I need someone to make an overly self-confident remark that they're going to win, to give me motivation.

7 days ago

Mizal has that covered. Just skim through the thread.

7 days ago
Eh, deadline's still a month and a half away. Nothing to stress about yet, go snort some chocolate.

7 days ago

I'm Dutch, we can get better stuff to snort... 

7 days ago

Ahaha, this thread was surprisingly entertaining to read through. My money's on AzBaz. He apparently has a decent chunk done, unlike the rest of you. And while Mizal sounds determined, she doesn't have a good track record.

You all do realize it's about one quarter of the way through the allotted time, so that means you should have nearly a quarter of your stories written? ;)

7 days ago
Don't trust AzBaz, he has lied before. Ok he probably isn't lying this time but still, fake blindy. :)

7 days ago

True, still repenting from my days as a filthy fraud. 

7 days ago

Did you just assume my existence!? 

...Bigot.

7 days ago

I must've reread this post two more times than it deserved, and it still didn't make much sense to me. Was it even supposed to be a legit, albeit unwarranted, insult? I truly can't see how being a bigot has anything to do with assuming existence.

I take back my earlier words then. AzBaz is no competition after all, since he has just proven incapable of stringing together a few logical phrases for a paltry forum post, never mind a full-length storygame.

6 days ago
'I truly can't see how being a bigot has anything to do with assuming existence.'

You being ignorant to your ignorance makes your bigotry no less disgusting.

Flagging your post so a mod can delete the entire Workshop, we don't need this kind of bullshit here. Consider yourself banned for 2000 years.

6 days ago

Interesting. Your bitchiness is of higher quality than AzBaz's pathetic name-calling, in which case I'll classify you as either closer to the top of the food chain or having a more advanced age, or both.

Whoops, did I just make another annoyingly bigoted comment? My bad. I can't help it, being totally unaware of my own presumptuousness. But don't worry, m'dear, I'll shut up for now, before I get fined for shitposting or derailing or something.

(Delete the post? Go ahead. Banned for 2000 years? Isn't that a bit excessive?)

6 days ago

Ahh... I thought 'bigot' was pretty high quality as well!:( At least I didn't whip out the old '1v1 me on Rust n00b ill r3k u'. Still... back to the drawing board I guess.

6 days ago
LOL

@Endmaster Please take this one in to have her worked on, I think her seriouspost detectors need recalibrating.

6 days ago

Yeah, I know right? I can't seem to take anything seriously. Must be some kind of undiagnosed retardation.

E: Whoops again. I did just promise to shut up.

6 days ago

She's right about one thing. Mizal's bitchiness is pretty high quality.

6 days ago

I was just joking; I don't actually think you're a bigot!

7 days ago
Baz's 6000 words are nothing. Now that I've unlocked my Chi I can do that in a single day.

7 days ago

I had a weeks holiday so 6000 was a nice warm up.

6 days ago
Learn Kaioken for 60000 words per day. ^-^

5 days ago
Yay! Can you believe the Contest is already one quarter finished? Where does all the time go? ^v^

Anyway, better get cracking (if you haven't already started) there is only three quarters of a Contest left to go to finish on time!!!

5 days ago
starting today. finals ended yesterday for me so I got 1 week until I start up classes again.

5 days ago
As a token of the contest spirit, I'm working on a little something myself. It won't be a contest entry of course (slight conflict of interest there haha!) but I will be attempting to complete it by the contest deadline!

5 days ago

I had wondered why you had been on so long today.

4 days ago

Big Ugi is watching you.

5 days ago

Finished Storylines- 1/??

4 days ago

So far, I'm pretty sure my 13,000 words of  this one string of this story are trash, but hey, who gives a shit, I'm just doing this to get some traction together for, y'know, myself.

What the fuck am I even saying at this point? Help me.

3 days ago
Didn't get the opportunity to truly binge write the way I did last weekend, but the story's coming along at a reasonable pace. Just working my way through the canon path at the moment, I'll go in and add the side stuff as time permits.

I'm determined to handle time management better on this one than on previous projects, though I really kind of hate the ultra-tight pacing this forces me into. A CYOA and especially the genre I've picked wants to be wild and free and needs room to breathe, maaaan. Hopefully I'll have time to do more with it, but, vital plot points first.

3 days ago
To me, that seems odd. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just trying to understand how other people's minds work. Are you saying that you write the entire story with one storyline first, and only when that is done do you go back and write other paths? The way my mind works, that's just...confusing?

2 days ago
That's the most direct and organized way to get through a long storyline without jumping around spastically through a dozen parallel universes at all times. Pretty sure that's how End writes too, so, a proven technique.

3 days ago

15000 words.

2 days ago
I may have just made a terrible mistake.

2 days ago

What did you do?

2 days ago

A little Mizal may now be on its way.

2 days ago
she forgot to start

Edit:: I like ends' presumption better

2 days ago
I bought a PS4. First console I've owned since the Dreamcast and I was just not prepared.

End and Ford's guesses would have at least been problems with solutions.

2 days ago
buying a console instead of spending money upgrading your pc is a much larger mitsake than either of our guesses.

2 days ago
My PC is fine except for the part where I have no way to download anything I own.

2 days ago
What games did you get!!!? *jumps in excitement*

2 days ago
FFXV for now since I watched a little of it in an LP and it looks like the entertaining sort of terrible.

Nier: Automata and Witcher 3 were what I wanted but I'll have to order them it looks like.

2 days ago
Pro or normal? TBH, I'd say Pro or nothing with the current situation in the console cycle. I'd strongly recommend Witcher 3 Complete (including both DLC) as one of the first things to play, but you'll probably need a game from a different genre in between to take a break (I have 150 hours from a single playthrough at near 100% quests of the game + DLC, furthermore, I highly recommend the Blood and Broken Bones difficulty setting for proper immersion). That said, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Uncharted series are what you should check out later. Also, you do realize that any modern console requires hours of updates and patches from the internet, right?

2 days ago
I would suggest starting at a lower difficult and then gradually increasing it with time since W3 has an inverted difficulty curve. I would recommend Dragon Age Inquisition after W3 since it's 60fps and the main story is kind of awesome.

2 days ago

Ugh, seriously Mizal do not listen to this fucktard. Just get Witcher 3: Complete Edition, and fuck Tranny Age: Inclusiveness.

2 days ago
I never got a chance to play DA:I because it was a bloated mess that was never allowed by the censors into India (seriously, that and apparently New Vegas aren't available for purchase in India, though you can buy a global key and redeem here). Plus, DA:2 wrecked any expectations and goodwill I had from the series. In my headcanon, there are no sequels, there is only Origins. The Witcher 3 however blows away genre standards in pretty much everything, and the extra power on the Pro should give better framerates. In anycase, TW3 combat is neither hitbox exploitation nor twitch sensitive, so 30 FPS is still manageable (though not fun).

Also, re:DA:I what main story? The damn thing was a sprawling, drawn out, complicated mess without a real villain until far too late. (Since I couldn't play the thing I followed up on the story for nostalgia purposes and to figure out whether not taking the demon baby in DA:O had any consequence).

yesterday
I would argue that W3 is a totally different experience on consoles (however a pro patch might come along with XbOXoneX) than pc but then again I was never recommending DAI over W3. I just said that she could try it after W3. (fuck my engkish) :)

yesterday
I just got the regular one, and I may look into the Uncharted games, but really, the way I play I'm expecting three games to last me a very long time.

I'm aware I'll need to download patches etc. once in awhile, but the update for the console itself was just a few hundred megs. The game patch was more than I had data for but it runs fine unpatched too. It's also a hell of a lot easier to take a console out to my dad's house or wherever for any necessary downloads than to drag a desktop PC over.

Not really worrying about it though, what I wanted was something simple and semi-mindless to pick up for an hour while winding down in the evenings, and that's basically console gaming in a nutshell. So far I'm not regretting my purchase.

yesterday
Hehe get witcher goty and you are already set for 5 months lol.

2 days ago

I was hoping it would be more along the lines of accidentally deleting your own story and somehow sabotaging everyone else's except mine for the contest, but oh well. I'll stick to Dark Cloud on my sweet PS2.

2 days ago
Accidentally deleting a story is a uniquely Minnie sort of fuck up, I'm not even sure it'd be possible for a regular person.

2 days ago

I'm a special kind of stupid :)

yesterday

Hey, motherfuckers, I'm gonna make a storygame that's going to blow away all of this sites previous stories! It's gonna tear through your expectations and completely discourage you all to even attempt to write a story again in your life!

Or, it's gonna suck and nobody will care.

yesterday
No one who considers Family Guy some kind of height of entertainment has the cognitive ability to produce a good story, no matter how many words they type. I'm sure that's a weight off everyone's mind.

yesterday

I think I just died a little bit inside.

I'm no longer getting respect from Mizal? Fuck... I think I'm just going to stop writing the story altogether now, delete the whole storygame, delete my account, and never return to this site...

And to think... it's all Family Guy's fault...

yesterday
I will start mine today. Yes! *clenched fists*

yesterday
Okay great.

Also, I feel like End should start penalizing anyone who puts words between asterisks.

Anyone, and especially you.

yesterday

But why? *holding back tears*

*sarcasm*

*I should be crucified*

WAIT A MINUTE. I understand why s/he/it uses asterisks now... s/he/it likes anime... it just helped me envision a cute little japanese girl... I hope I'm not wrong in this assumption and it's actually a middle aged man sitting in his basement tapping his fingers together like a cliche bad guy.

yesterday
It's Negative. Prematurely balding Indian roughly teenage aged man-creature whom IIRC is unsure of what gender it is.

yesterday

fuck. fUCk. FUCK.

I am mentally not okay after this horrifying plot twist. You said prematurely balding? Man creature?? UNSURE OF GENDER?!

yesterday

yesterday

I already penalized points from Negative for being a fucktard in this thread and generally being more annoying than usual yesterday.

I figure at the rate he’s going he’ll probably get himself banned before the contest is over. (again)

yesterday
I'm pretty sure at this point that's actually a fetish of his, so I hope you felt appropriately uncomfortable while indulging it.

yesterday

I'm just waiting for someone to show him how to change the appearance of pages through the Crome 'inspect' tool, and make Youtube videos about it. That or just random spam and such. You know, like old-fashioned, quality trolls.

yesterday

And he continues to act like an idiot in the thread after I just warned him. Gone.

yesterday
I always view what he does as a kind of performance art so I'm never sure if I should be annoyed, or if being annoyed means he wins. It may be healthy for him to have a little time out though.

yesterday
For Negative's benefit, here's a helpful guide to maaaaybe getting back in.

1.) Wait a week or two to make an alt. Use a non-faggy avatar.
2.) Don't fucking post because you immediately identify yourself that way.
3.) Write some reviews, complete a story and perhaps prove your right to exist.
4.) Continue to not fucking post awhile. Seriously, your posts are bad.

Your tower game was decent. It's almost like there could be a non-shit site member hidden beneath all the tumors still.

In the meantime, go hang out on Ford's Discord. It sounds like he's pretty lonely there.

9 hours ago
I don't think Negative can make it past #1 on that list, to be honest.

yesterday
3J would. IIRC he finds it one of the most annoying things people do on the internet. *searches for thread where he said that*

13 hours ago
So I finally have a title as of last night, and also started the new new version of my story. I have a good feeling about this one.