Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Friday Night Questionnaire

one year ago

4/7/23

What's the best meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

one year ago

Well, breakfast's claim to the title would probably be that it's objectively the most important meal of the day. I don't really enjoy breakfast though, because I'm usually tired and just had to peel myself out of a comfortable bed.

I'd give it to lunch. It's both a meal and a universal built-in half-hour or so break from work.

one year ago
To be fair, breakfast being "the most important meal of the day" was just a marketing slogan by the Kelloggs guys. Which was way more wildly successful than their pro eugenics crusade. Sadly.

one year ago
If it's going to be slow-cooked, it probably needs to be dinner. The fact that it's at the end of the day also makes it nice because there's no, or way less, garbage to keep track of as far as the daily schedule goes. YMMV if you're one of those weirdos who has kids (old enough that you can't just heap buttered noodles at them)

one year ago

I would also give it to dinner because, as Nightwatch mentioned, it is at the end of the day when the schedule is usually less demanding.  It is nice to be able to be relaxed when you eat knowing that you do not have anything pressing that you have to jump into right after, and that most of the daily business is already taken care of.

one year ago
Breakfast contains the objectively best foods in terms of deliciousness, cheapness, and ease of preparation. But I don't really do a sit down breakfast or lunch, so I'll only eat these things if prepared for the best meal of dinner.

one year ago

Well, breakfast type foods at dinnertime is completely awesome

one year ago

breakfast for din

one year ago

one year ago
:kittywow:

one year ago

Nice

one year ago

Dinner for sure.

one year ago
what about supper?

one year ago

Supper was not one of the choices allowed. I think this post is discriminatory towards supper.

one year ago

I like that dinner can be virtually any mid-high effort hot food, it's wonderfully freeing.

one year ago

4/14/23

What are your immediate thoughts when you hear a guy refer to himself as an "Alpha Male"?

one year ago
"hilariously autistic internet tough guy"

It's not really a label one can apply to themselves.

one year ago
I agree. I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone seriously try and call themselves that. Or maybe I have.

one year ago

That individual is obviously an idiot who likes to think of himself as being something he is not.

one year ago
yikes

one year ago

Either he’s been on Reddit for a little too long, or he consumed toxic amounts of Omegaverse fanfiction and needs to be quarantined.

one year ago

Someone who's not an alpha male.

one year ago

I have not once seen or heard of anyone, either in real life or on the internet, unironically refer to themselves as an "alpha male".

one year ago

Ok buddy.

one year ago
ew

one year ago

4/21/23

What automatically makes a pizza better?

one year ago
Parmesan.

Duh.

one year ago

Being inebriated.

one year ago

Ketchup

one year ago

If Celicni isn't near it.
And garlic butter.

one year ago
Pineapple.

one year ago

I second that

one year ago
You guys are gonna give Sent an attack of the tisms.

one year ago
It's decent.

one year ago

Having sex while eating it

one year ago
At least you didn't say with it.

one year ago
There is nothing better

one year ago
Hunger

one year ago
Cheese bread, or breadsticks if you're lame.

one year ago
That's just lazy pizza without toppings

one year ago
The overwhelming despair at inevitable death. Ooh, and maybe the futility of human effort and achievement.

Don’t knock it ‘till you try it.

one year ago

Excuse me, you've spilled your ennui on my slice.

one year ago
You’ll thank me later

one year ago

Oh, if only I could summon enough intention to be able to muster such a thing as thanks.  When one has marched so far and for so many years on the dusty road of death, each slogging step costs is so dear a price.  Alas, but that I must bear this weight through each greying day!

one year ago

Someone you'd like to share it with.

one year ago
ranch :^)

one year ago
Being made by a funny Italian man you can watch hand toss the dough.

one year ago

More pizza

one year ago

4/28/23

What grammar mistake irritates you the most?

one year ago

Whichever one is getting in the way of clearly understanding what is trying to be communicated this time.

one year ago

Your/you're

They're/there/their

Could of/should of

These make me reeee irl. Especially that last one, cause it means they literally don't even think about the meaning of what they're trying to say.

one year ago
All of them. Well, tbf, all of them that I obey.

I've been known to physically cringe when someone says out loud, "irregardless." Yes, it's word. No, there's no instance where you should ever use it.

But, yes, all incorrect contractions are like nails on a chalkboard to me

one year ago
Uncapitalized words. i generally don't care that much, mainly because I'm not much better, but that's the line

one year ago
Was this on purpose, or are you suspiciously stupid?

one year ago
who's to say? :)

one year ago

Mistakes in grammar in a post containing corrections to my own grammar. Resisting the urge to "@" someone here

one year ago

You did not place a period in the ending sentence of your post.

one year ago

Not a grammar mistake, but I hate it when professional emails have multiple grammar errors. It's not a good look and makes the company seem uneducated. 

11 months ago

5/5/23

How long do you sleep on a weekday?

11 months ago

~six to seven and a half hours during the night.

Then I have an afternoon nap for ~an hour and a half.

11 months ago

Between 6 and 7 hours.

11 months ago

Six hours on a normal day. Eight if I don't have homework.

11 months ago
Depends, ideally 8-9 but my usual is around 5-7

11 months ago
Commended by mizal on 5/6/2023 6:08:17 AM
Lol at all the people saying 6+ hours. That’s hilarious. Way to let everyone know how easy you have it guys, seriously.

I wake up at 4:00 AM, usually via my handmade automated pulley system that dumps an industrial bucket of ice water onto me. I don’t use an alarm clock or anything (I’m not weak like you lot, who don’t know the meaning of hard work). At this point I’m greeted with the sight of my window encased in snow from the outside as always, and the fact that my bedroom is a lower temperature than most people’s freezers.

I then leave my bedroom and head to the kitchen of my handmade log cabin, which took me a total of twenty-two nights to make in shoulder-deep snow- no sleep, no food, no nothing. It is here that I have my usual breakfast- a bowl of actual gravel, some ice, and a mug full of piping hot black coffee. Well, it’s piping hot when I pour it anyway, by the time I actually start eating it’s more of a popsicle than anything. I realize a lot of you can’t grasp that this is what a WORKING person’s meals look like, so you just go on enjoying your fancy omelettes and waffles and whatever.

After my meal, I attempt a shower, but it always has the same result. Instead of water, I’m barraged by thousands of tiny icicles. I have no doubt that this would legitimately kill any one of you softies.
Anyway, after cauterizing all of my wounds on my wood stove, I begin the walk to work. It’s further than any of you would be able to handle really (for reference I live in Oklahoma but I work in Alaska), along with the fact that the snow is so deep that I’m practically swimming there. Not to mention I have to fight off dozens of trailer park girls who attempt to swarm me throughout my hike. Oh, also I carry three logs, all of which are heavier than I am, with me during this. Why? Uhh, shut up.

After a sixteen hour work day of nonstop physical labor, lugging tens of thousands of pounds of raw materials and feeling the sweat freeze against my skin, I begin the walk back home. Only comforted by the semblance of warmth given to me by my t-shirt and shorts, I always make it back because I’m not a WEAKLING.

Once I’m home, I reward myself with a bath, which results in me being trapped in a solid brick of ice. You guys probably wouldn’t be able to handle being frozen alive, with your cushy lives and 6+ hours of sleep. Lol.

Anyway, after freeing myself I get into my bed- and, to answer the question asked above, I get about 20 minutes of rest, before waking up to do it all over again.

11 months ago

Can't believe Sherb has been IAP this whole time.

11 months ago
Your entire workday sounds restful! Give me a break.

11 months ago

I usually get between 6 and 7 hours of sleep. It also depends on how much homework I have, like Tcat said. 

11 months ago
Four to six assuming I don’t tragically wake up before my alarm.

11 months ago

0 to 4 hours typically

11 months ago
Go to bed, you psychopath

11 months ago

But the clowns will eat her.

11 months ago

Clowns are pretty scary

11 months ago

I didn't post to have the internet chastise me on my unhealthy habits, I was answering the question

Also, same to you lol. Unless you live somewhere where it's an acceptable time to be awake rn

11 months ago
You’re not the boss of me! Nyeeeah!

11 months ago
4 hours. Sometimes 5 or 6 if I feel like a treat.

Hard to sleep more than 5 though without waking up at 2am with a sense of panic from thinking my alarm didn't go off.

Used to be able to power through on 3, but that makes me actively start losing my mind now.

11 months ago

Well If I planned it I end up sleeping maybe 5 hours before I wake up and lay there half-asleep until my alarm goes off. If I didn't plan to end up sleeping, I end up passing out for like 8-9 hours. My sleep schedule was not helped by cyber schooling at all.

11 months ago

I try to aim for 8 hours, although it's usually around 6-7. I'm not sure how some of you can survive on so little sleep tbh, I'm kind of jealous because I worked on an assignment from yesterday morning until today (without sleeping) and I needed 2 coffees to stay somewhat awake the whole time.

(Also if anything I say doesn't make sense, just chalk it up to the lack of sleep)

11 months ago
STOP.

11 months ago
Six to nine hours. I'm always tired. I have nearly dozed off twice at work today.

11 months ago

Go to bed at 3 am, wake up around noon. 

11 months ago

Shoot for 9, end up with 5.

11 months ago
Tonight im aiming for 12

11 months ago
I got 6

11 months ago
:(

11 months ago
7h 23m +/- 45s

11 months ago
Lunch or supper. Breakfast is for when I am at hotels, and it's free.

11 months ago

5/12/23

What's the most useless subject in school?

11 months ago

Art of any kind and PE in the way it's usually done.

Now if PE was actual gym class with bench press and pullups... Now we're talking.

11 months ago

Art. I understand that young kids should be given a creative outlet and whatever, but once people reach middle school it should be optional. Also, WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO GRADE ART?! isn't the whole idea of art personal expression? My school gave kids actual grades on it. What a complete waste of time.

11 months ago
I mean, I assume the point is to learn and demonstrate specific techniques. You can grade anything you put specific instructions or requirements on. And I don't think anyone good or knowledgeable on art would go with the idea that there's no way to judge it.

There's people that will say the point of writing is creative expression too, never stops anyone here from slapping down a number.

11 months ago
Back in Highschool, we had a required course on digital technology, which taught how to turn on a computer and send emails. It's not an awful idea, except you couldn't test out of it. They made it dumber at the end though when they tried to make people write websites for some reason. Kind of seems like two different levels of tech savvy right there.

Runner-up for most useless is math after like algebra 1. It should be elective, but we need to show up China or whatever. Most people get nothing out of it past the first "find X" problem. Art's good and important, but people who did art already drew long before art class and it's an oversaturated talent pool already, so just leave it elective. P.E. at least was keeping kids healthy sort of.

11 months ago

As much as I'd love to refute everyone about art being the worst subject, it is a waste of time. Unless they plan on it being a career or potential hobby, it shouldn't be mandatory to take an art class. The poor obnoxious sports kids stuck in that class just make it harder for the teacher to teach and those of us who actually want to learn anything to learn. Plus, art is something that is mostly self-taught; very little about art can be taught in a classroom. I've learned about maybe 5% of my skills from all the art classes I've taken throughout the years. 

11 months ago

PE, I sucked at it, got a ball thrown at my face more than I could count and was dead last when we were running track. Doing PE made me rather hate every sport than it that it encouraged me to exercise more.

I actually liked art class, it's very relaxing to do this after having gone through three hours of non stop stem subjects.

11 months ago

For some reason, your answer does not surprise me in the slightest.

11 months ago

People say Art is useless, but if I didn't have an excuse to space out and make shitposts for an hour in the middle of every day, I'd probably have gone insane. Sports PE also kinda sucks unless you're into sports. The version I signed up for that had all the actual good and fun things (climbing walls, swimming, kayaking, riding bikes) was based, though.

The thing I hated and never really used outside of school was algebra. I mean, learning about how to write an algebraic equation was valuable, but outside of using that to ask Wolfram to do all the bitchwork, I've really never done algebra in my real life. Arguably since most of the algebra was for shitposts and random autistic curiousities anyway, I also don't think it counts as math that's genuinely helped me.

11 months ago

Latin.

11 months ago
psychology :^)

11 months ago

Quest

11 months ago
I always enjoyed art and band. PE quit being enjoyable after elementary school. Algebra was alright, but whoever decided kids should be forced to do that geometry theorem bullshit should be tortured slowly and not allowed to die. Why the fuck do I need to use a hundred theorems and shit to prove a square is a square? That's what fucking protractors and rulers are for. Pretty useless if you ask me.

11 months ago
Whichever one you choose not to get use out of.

11 months ago
I like this one. My pick is foreign language because almost no one retains it unless they decided to take more than the required 2 classes, in my state, and the cultural aspect isn't as strong as people make it out to be. But a lot of people chose high school math, which I found really strange. But those people didn't use it, so their answer is as valid as anyone elses. Maybe it boils down to how hard is it to pick up if you need it. If Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 aren't required in high school because people deem them useless. If I don't take them but later decide I want to do any kind of stem field then I would have to learn Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2. Which is a ton of content. But if I decide I want to learn Spanish in college or later in life two high school classes wouldn't make too much difference. At most those two classes might put me in the second college class depending on the rigor of the high school, but there's a good chance they wouldn't. Just one arguement, difficulty to learn later if skipped. There are other axies to consider