Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Any games you're addicted to?

8 years ago

So lately, as some of you may or may not know, I've recently gained quite a ridiculous addiction towards the game Persona 3. I've basically been binging it for the past two days, with about 17 hours total. And yes, I'm aware it isn't THAT much, but considering how little I've been playing games lately (1-2 hours every couple days, if that), it's really quite... well, not problematic, but you know. It doesn't allow much time for other activities (and is probably why my anime list keeps increasing... *sigh*). But the game is just SO ADDICTING AND ENJOYABLE! I just love it!

Alright, I'll shut the fuck up now, but seriously, anybody got any games they just cannot put down right now/ in the past? What're they like? Anything coming out that you think you'll be playing for awhile? 

8 years ago

This one is really embarrassing, so... blacked-out text time!

A few years a go, I was for some reason mildly addicted to, of all the games, Geometry Dash.  I used to play it a LOT and beat levels for my friends and whatever. I luckily then found this site (eventually) and I'm now addicted to this, instead of Geometry Dash,, which I'm very happy out. I SWEAR MY DIGNITY STILL EXISTS! Haha, just kidding.

8 years ago

I remember the time where all(but one) of the guys on my class spent every recess looking down at their phones, playing Geometry Dash. I tried it for myself too... Don't judge me when you're not sure of the reason! And found out I suck at it. I couldn't even beat the first level...

8 years ago

I now have a friend with an extremely serious addiction, who's beaten that really hard official level... I think it's called Clubstep?

8 years ago

Clubstep does exist, but I don't know if it was the "hard level". They wall all hard for me.... But the guys did go on and on about how someone beat Clubstep and that new level(I can't remember what it was called, but it was a new level back then), and they would watch each other play.

8 years ago

8 years ago

"This level is commonly recognized as one of the hardest official levels, the other one being Theory of Everything 2. "

Sounds like the hard level.

8 years ago

Yep. I recently did a School of the Art Insitute art seminar with him, and playing GD was all he did at lunch. It was honestly sad.

8 years ago

uhhhhhh I have no idea what anyone is saying. 0.O

8 years ago

Kingdom wars. It's free on Steam and full of fantasy battles. I now have a dragon!

8 years ago

Fuck, I always forget to check that game out.

It seems really interesting.

8 years ago

Go play it.

8 years ago

My computer's shit, though. XD I can't even play a fucking DosBox game properly.

8 years ago

Oh. The forces of lag can be a deadly ally for your enemies in that game.

8 years ago

It's not just lag, it's crashing and other horrid bugs.

8 years ago

Ouch. That's also a problem as you'd lose both the progress and the fallen warriors (assuming they aren't OP dragons or other immortals)

8 years ago

Ah, well, I'll stick to YouTube Let's Plays.

8 years ago

You've been watching it on YouTube?

8 years ago

Just now I begin to.

8 years ago

The major crowns units are OP.

8 years ago

I'm addicted to CYS. If it's not addiction, at least some where near it.

8 years ago

Technically not a game but I'd say I'm also addicted.

8 years ago

Me three. Gotta get meh daily points!

8 years ago

Well, I'm off to play the game I listed above.

8 years ago

gl;hf

8 years ago

I did.

8 years ago

I can't get meh daily points. ;-; I used some automatic point collector MadBrad made some time ago, but it stopped working, so now it doesn't collect the points, just hides the link I need to click to get said points.

8 years ago

7_7

8 years ago

8 years ago

Well, I got the point, so maybe this will do the job.

8 years ago

I saw that point thing, but nobody told me how to do it. I am really bad at codes and programming, except for two, but I don't even know the names of those systemy-things.

Daily Points

8 years ago

You're probably better off getting 'em manually every day like I do.

8 years ago

Probably Smash since I just got it.

8 years ago

Lately? The closest I've come to a video game addiction is with Don't Starve. I say that because I play it regularly, which is more than I can say for most games these days.

8 years ago

Persona 3!!  I love that game (ok that whole series!!

You have to play 4 after that.

& 5 is finally almost here. (It's been so long. . .)

Right now I guess Cytus is my "play it whenever I have a minute" game.

(Esp Ververg B. Someday I will million master the hard chart. Someday.)

Topic Fusion! Excited for persona dancing all night, it's being released just in time for my birthday.

8 years ago

I know. I have a friend with a vita who I could probably persuade to let me play his Persona 4 Golden, which I'll play the living shit out of, considering it has even higher praise than Persona 3! Then I'll go back and play Persona 2, though I'm not sure if I'll play the original Persona. I also want to get Persona 4 Arena and Arena Ultimax since I have the consoles! Then, I'm not sure how, but I'll try to get Persona 5 (maybe if a good PS3 emulator comes out by then). 

Odd how Dancing All Night is being released in time for your birthday, and Persona 5 is being released in time for mine XD I might be tempted to check out Dancing All Night, if it has anymore badass Yu scenes like in the club in Persona 4: The Animation. 

8 years ago

Persona 2 has two pieces: innocent sin and eternal punishment.

It's not really like p3 & p4- it's more like shin megami tensei devil survivor (No social links)

Have you played those?

Oh, and persona Q labyrinth: it's like persona + etrian odyssey.

8 years ago

The only games my sister ever plays are  Rayark games. She will just spend hours trying to master songs like Freedom Dive. It's crazy. Cytus is fun for me, but I'll only play it on occassion.

8 years ago

Im obsessed with persona 4, I have Persona 4 golden on PS VITA and I've already finished it five times while im waiting for Persona 5 and to get enough money in my PlayStation wallet to get persona 3 portable 

8 years ago

Vainglory, the Moba perfected for touch.

8 years ago

Been trying (and failing!)  to beat the  Bozak Horde DLC for Dying Light recently. 

8 years ago

I haven't had the chance to get, play or see much of Dying Light. Is it good? My friend (the same I mentioned above who has Persona 4) has it and supposedly it's really quite fun. Mostly. 

8 years ago

It's fun, provided you find a good party to play with. Don't bother with single-player, though.

8 years ago

Sorry if this brings up bad memories for some, but I just returned to playing Kenshi and Blacklight.  

The former is a game where the wild, Wild West meets swords and a strategy game put together, so you manage your squad in the desert by having them loot stuff, sell the loot, train in combat alongside the local policing force, etc.  They just added slavers, though you can't really enslave people...yet.

The latter is just recently updated, but still generally consists of ultra modular everything.  Your gun's stock, ammo, sights, barrel, muzzle, receiver, paint job, and little accessories can be customized to tailor your play style, though now at the cost of 5$ as opposed to being free.  Still not a bad price to pay to be able to unlock everything and everything.  Also, it's not just your guns that can be customized.  Your character's armor, helmet, tactical gear (which aren't very tactical, but they do change up the elements of the game enough so people want to use the in-game wall-hack EVERYONE CAN USE to try and outflank each other), and even shoes can be changed around to affect your speed, health, and duration of the built-in wall-hack.  There's also two mechs you can use, each with a different play style and different weaponry.  Some of your gear can add additional capabilities to the mechs.

I also forgot to mention you can use bows, katanas, shurikens, and kunai, although they're all very hard to use in a game about guns, but they're fun if you get to higher levels.

8 years ago
Been really active in Rimworld for the last few weeks and prison architect.

8 years ago

Only game I'd say I have an addiction to is Football Manager. I lose interest in other games after a while, but I play Football Manager all year until the new one comes out.

8 years ago

Recently I was like that with Witcher 3, but since I finished all the exploration, quest and such, I'm just waiting for the DLC.

I was on a Don't Starve binge for awhile and I usually go back to Terraria for long stretches at a time too. Currently playing This War of Mine on and off, which is okay.

Also tried out Dying Light and The Order recently and got bored by both of them.

The Order would have been better off being an animated movie rather than a video game. Too many cut scenes and quick time events for one thing. While I don't mind this as much in a Tell Tale Games game due to the way those are set up, I'm really not a fan of it in a game where it's supposed to be primarily a shooter.

I think I got half way through in like a few hours (The chapters are short as hell and some are just long cut scenes!) and just decided I wasn't interested enough to even finish it.

As for Dying Light, I dunno. Something about it just didn't grab me. I guess it's because it reminded me of Dead Island just with super mario brothers style jumping around. Dead Island bored me as well, so this one was doomed to be shut off soon after I did the tutorial bit.

Somewhere next on the list to play is Bloodbourne since I've heard people raving about it, but it seems like the "AAA" style games just aren't interesting me lately. 

8 years ago

I think you'd enjoy any From Software games, even Demon's Soul. They give you leeway to be "evil", though most of the protagonists are inherently evil in their own ways.

If anything, their most recent games, including Dark Souls and Bloodborne have some replay value for how far you can fuck up the NPC's plot lines. 

8 years ago

Gonna have to go with M.U.G.E.N. on this one. One of the best fighting games I've ever played.

Alex Mercer is NOT OP goddamnit!

Other than that, Prototype or MGS is what I've been playing recently.

8 years ago

Does it work for mac?

8 years ago

I'm not sure, but you can try.

8 years ago

Taipan! I was an 80 year old Mah-Tsu drug-lord that kicked ass all over Asia. I fought-off the Asian mafia, paid off the fuzz, and built a vast opium-based empire by slowly building up a fleet of ships and cannons. It was amazing.

The mechanics were really easy too. Just had to click a lot over the course of two days. I think I spent an entire week on it to get to the highest rank (and beyond that) before retiring. Was a lot of fun.

8 years ago

It has to be Civilization V: Gold Edition for me. There's something about building an empire, expanding a border, and crushing puny foes that I really enjoy...

8 years ago

I'm a fan of Civ 5 too. I just don't have all the mods/booster packs.

8 years ago

I've found myself constantly playing Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins when I'm not on the site recently. I also got high off nostalgia last night and started replaying Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.

8 years ago

Sadly, none. The last couple iPhone games I tried to install got stuck on "Waiting..." Since I have a reasonable amount of free space, I'm really not sure what that's about. >_<

8 years ago

If you have a new phone and a shit-ton of space, XCOM: Enemy Within is on the App Store in its full glory. 

8 years ago

I have neither of those things, but thanks for the thought. XD

8 years ago

King of Thieves is cute and fun, if you like making problems as hard as it is to solve problems :P

8 years ago

*tries to install*

"Waiting..."

I wish I knew what it was waiting for. :P

8 years ago

Jesus, Morgan. It's waiting for Jesus. 

8 years ago

Sadly, League of Legends is the one I'm addicted to lately. I'm late for the MOBA train but man, LoL is a fun game. It makes me feel like I have achieved at least a bit of fun in my homework and assignment-filled life ("Yeah! 3 games a week!!" Weekly fun quota filled).

8 years ago

If you have an iPhone, vainglory is much faster gameplay wise and more fun, IMHO.

8 years ago

I will check it out.

8 years ago

I've been playing LoL a lot, but it's almost always ARAM, and it's almost always just for the first win bonus.

8 years ago

I can't stop playing Learn 2 Fly. It's a game on engineering.com where you teach a penguin to fly with rockets, planes, gliders, and sleds while at the same time destroying icebergs food money.

It's a lot more fun than it seems.

8 years ago

I remember that game! Did you find the secret ending yet?

8 years ago

You mean the one where he flies over to iceberg and kills the dodo? Or the one where the penguin punches the troll guy?

Either way, I've seen all the cut scenes.

8 years ago

There... There's another secret ending? WELP, TIME TO PLAY IT AGAIN!

8 years ago

Oops, did I give away some spoilers?

Also, which one did you get? (The dodo or the trolling guy?) I think the trolling guy is classic mode only.

8 years ago

The dodo is the one I got. But, now I've no time to play the game again, I HAVE A STORY TO COMPLETE!

8 years ago

Glad to see that you are motivated by Tim (and maybe me) to make your storygames. I think you'll finish earlier than me.

8 years ago

i ded it

8 years ago

Dark souls 2 for my ps3  (im a level 357 knight ) 

8 years ago

Destiny, World of Tanks, Warframe, and VEGA Conflict are all great games that I'm addicted to. VEGA Conflict is PC/mobile, and everything else is console. (Sorry about the text, it's being strange right now.)

8 years ago

I CALL BS ON WARFRAME BEING CONSOLE ONLY PC IS MASTER RACE YEARS AHEAD OF YOU CONSOLE PLEBES GO SUCK ON A SHIV WANNABE TENNO SKOOM.  AT LEAST OUR SUPRAS ARE BUFFED LULZ AND YOU CAN'T BARREL ROLL IN THE AIR YET JUEJUE

I'm pretty sure WoT, WarFarme (TM / Co / Ltd.), and VEGA cater to both...just saying...

8 years ago

Oh, yeah they are. I totally forgot.

8 years ago

I'm addicted to the game of life.

8 years ago

Well, if you're counting board/card games, then Dominion/Risk is up top. If you're meaning only online games then there's Sylestia [new site, frequently annoys me by temporarily closing for updates/bug fixes/errors, though that'll be fixed soon], and my soon-to-be addiction will be a new site that I won't say anything more about unless the author wishes it to be known what it's about.

8 years ago

Been playing Hunters: Chapter 2. It's a turn-based IOS game where you control a squad of mercenaries. It's quite fun. 

8 years ago

Huge fan of Freefall Tournament, a free online multiplayer deathmatch game (they have Jetpacks!), which might be because I absolutely kick ass at it, though I don't play enough anymore to call it an addiction.

Had some cash to burn and bought Elder Scrolls Online now that there's no subscription cost (it was also for sale on steam, I got the imperial edition which normally costs 100 bucks for 40), I absolutely love it, particularly for the PVP aspect of the game, which is badass in just incredibly awesome ways. You have not lived until you and 30 other players, all with siege engines, lay waste to a keep and slaughter its defenders by the score while resurrecting your own fallen and frenetically dodging countersiege weapons (defending a keep is pretty damn fun too). Ebonheart Pact for life! BLOOD FOR THE PACT!

Another old addiction is Borderlands 2, which was seriously just the greatest and funniest game ever guys.

I predict a future addiction being Witcher 3, when I either get a PC or when a Mac version comes out.

8 years ago

well i played monster rancher 2 for a span of 13 years. knowing every trick you could use to have the perfect unlimited and undying monster.

recently clash of clans used up my time.

8 years ago
Since the former exanimate thread has been revived, I shalt delve back into nostalgic memories with a poorly explained comment.

There was a game that closed down a few years ago called GunZ: The Duel (though I'm fairly sure private servers are still running). I played this shit on and off for 7 years. The game was rather unique in its gameplay, the core features of which all derived from an exploit/glitch that was eventually, but reluctantly, made official by the devs. It was one of those games where it'd take months and months of grinding to get to a relatively high level; it was its uniqueness then that really made it appealing (that and the community).
It started to die off, and became unprofitable for the company, I think, because the skill cap was way too high. Even after years of playing, I was still rubbish.

8 years ago

This is a little odd for my age but I seem to be attracted to "Oregon Trail".

8 years ago

yes, the starwars series you say you are working on the waiting has my withdrawals go bad, imma dies soon if i dont get to read your new stories.

8 years ago

Hate to admit it, but right now it's  Tomodachi Life. 

8 years ago

Easy enough to get addicted to. Nothing to be ashamed of, hell, it's like The Sims, only cuter and with rap battles.

8 years ago

True smiley

I've also heard people say it's like the new Animal Crossing.