Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Friday Night Questionnaire 2

10 months ago

5/19/23

You travel 40 thousand years into the past and get to draw anything on a cave wall. What do you draw to cause the most hysteria when the drawing is eventually found in 2023?

10 months ago
It would take a loooot of real estate, but if the cave were truly colossal, I would try a portrait of your mom

10 months ago

kek

10 months ago
lol, even

10 months ago

Burn

10 months ago
Some complex physics formula. Hopefully like you said it isn't discovered until 2023, because if it was discovered sooner it might effect the timeline to the point that are physics symbols are different, leading to it being unrognizeable

10 months ago
"You just lost the game."

10 months ago

Be like the Maya's but better. Hope that this won't have a butterfly effect but:

Write some true predictions such as: George bush will beat algore by a narrow vote, Covid will come, Russia invades Ukraine.

Then write: Armageddon will come at the year 2025

To really fuck up their minds you could also write: the aliens are watching. Bleep bloop.

10 months ago

5/26/23

What’s the first sign that a movie is going to be bad?

10 months ago

Girl power or lgbtbbq.

10 months ago

10 months ago

Guardians 3 was good.

10 months ago

It's a live action Disney remake.

10 months ago

When it's announcement for a reboot/remake of a barely ten year old franchise. 

10 months ago

A sequel to a movie that was originally a one off.

10 months ago
It's a movie adaptation of a book, they always manage to fuck that up somehow

10 months ago

Uh... Lord of the Rings, Schindler's List, Shawshank Redeption, The Godfather, Jurassic Park, Fight Club, Gone Girl, Room, Forrest Gump, The Princess Bride, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Jaws, To Kill A Mockingbird.

10 months ago
Commended by Sherbet on 5/26/2023 8:57:21 PM

10 months ago

6/2/23

If you could place any object on the surface of Mars, purely to confuse NASA scientists, what would it be?

10 months ago
The Kennedy Space Center

10 months ago

Giant footprints.

10 months ago
NASA scientists are easy to confuse. Literally anything that isnt martian soil, rock, or random natural chemicals is confusing to them. Sometimes they even get confused by those things. You have to confuse the whole world. But not something simple and feasibly transportable to mars or that is common on Earth cause then it just becomes a boring conspiracy. It's gotta be so wild that even conapiracy nuts cant think of anything (except AI generation or a glitch in the matrix)

The Voynich Manuscript is my choice.

However, realistically, a QR code rickroll.

9 months ago

6/9/23

What scientific fact scares the absolute shit out of you?

9 months ago

Your existence

9 months ago
Probably that roughly every 10 years each human replaces all their cells therefore becoming the literal Ship of Theseus where on a cellular level not a single part of you today is actually the same as it was a decade ago

9 months ago
It's not really a scientific fact, but AI and Nuclear weapons scare the shit out of me.

9 months ago

I agree with Cel here. The fact that a skill I've been improving for 2/3rds of my life to eventually become a career could become obsolete within the next 5 years is the scariest thing to me. 

9 months ago
The next decade of technological development will change humanity forever. Scarier fact is people working on the bleeding edge of innovation cannot predict what the world will be like in 20 years. We're moving pretty quick these days, best strategy seems to be just keeping a cool head and being adaptable.

9 months ago
Not really a fact, but the idea that a cat can't understand high level academic topics, such as math and phsyics. Implying, that there things in our world that we simply can never comprehend, no matter what we do.

9 months ago

Helium is a non-renewable resource. Once it's gone, it's gone and we are running out. We need helium to operate MRI machines. We are using it for balloons.

9 months ago
and we'll run out of it in about 30 years! :D

Also helium is not strictly necessary for MRI machines, we can use other coolants - it just happens that helium was the cost effective choice at the time modern MRI machines were getting advanced enough to need extreme cooling of the coils.

There are not a lot of life-threatening global-extinction requirements for helium. It's just convinient to have it and somewhat annoying to be out of it. But helium for MRI's specifically can be resolved with research into 3D printed metals (making the coils more efficient at holding lesser coolants) as well as superconducting materials, particularly high temperature superconductivity. High temp being still extremely cold, but less cold than usual - allowing for other coolants to be used for devices that would benefit from superconductive properties.

9 months ago

Oh thank God! We can forget about those pesky MRI machines and focus on the important stuff... Like making are voices high and squeaky. ^_^

9 months ago

6/16/23

You meet your 13 year old self, but you can only tell them 3 words. What do you say and why?

9 months ago
Buy Bitcoin dipshit

9 months ago
Man that's a nice one.

I think I'd have to go with:

Buy bitcoin, exercise.

9 months ago

6/23/23

What survival myth is completely wrong and can get you killed?

9 months ago

Myth: If you're in the desert with no water, you should drink cactus fluid to stay hydrated.

Truth: Very few types of cactus contain fluids that are actually safe to drink. Most of them contain highly acidic fluid that can cause several nasty side effects including temporary paralasis, diarehea and vomitting (which will leave you even more dehydrated than before.)

9 months ago

Myth 1: hydration

I blame it on the tv show Man vs Wild for this weird myth that urine is a good alternative for water in a desert. You never should drink your own piss. 

Myth 2: animal attacks

Many people have a fear of wild carnivores, but often they underestimate how dangerous large herbivores can be. Never come close to a moose, a deer or a camel. Especially the first one can be notoriously aggressive. Just stay away from them. Funny enough, dingo (the notorious chicken snatchers) attacks are very rare, those poor critters are more likely to be mauled by a pack of wolves than you.

9 months ago
Any kind of survival advice you see on a show can get you killed if you don't keep in mind it's being demonstrated by a guy with a camera crew and medical team standing by at all times. Physical fitness and common sense would be the most useful things to possess. (But chances are you lack the latter if you're in this situation to begin with and you are going to twist your ankle and die trying to pull off some stunt you saw on TV one time.)

9 months ago

I second that. Creating a fire by rubbing two sticks together is notoriously difficult (a thing you often see in survival shows). Even creating fire with a magnifying glass is pretty tricky. 

9 months ago
It won’t get you killed on its own, but moss doesn’t only grow on the north sides of trees. It just grows on the moist, cool side, which could change depending on the environment

9 months ago

Rubbing horse shit on your chest doesn't cure a cold.

9 months ago

I was unaware that was a thing. o.o

9 months ago

6/30/23

No Questionnaire today! There's been a sudden shift in the cosmos lately...

9 months ago

8 months ago

7/7/23

What are some of your favorite video games?

8 months ago
Persona 5 Minecraft

8 months ago
UnReal World

8 months ago
CYS: The Movie

What?

8 months ago
In terms of hours spent it'd most likely be Elite Dangerous since I spent like 700 hours in it before the newest expansion sent if off a cliff. But I tend to most fondly remember VTM: Bloodlines and New Vegas and also have a thing for Cyberpunk 2077 which is probably the only video game I enjoyed that came out in the last 3-4 years.

8 months ago

I have an immense love for quirky and scary rpg games (specifically ones made with RPG Maker). I remember Darius mentioning Fear & Hunger earlier, and I did everything in my power at that moment to not shake and tremble and go on a terribly long rant about that game. Others I really enjoyed were Omori, Yume Nikki, Corpse Party, Lisa: The Painful, OFF, Your Turn to Die, and Stray Cat Crossing.

8 months ago
I really liked Omori, I bought fear and hunger but currently have 8 minutes in it, seems hard to get into. I might just need to give it a little more time though

8 months ago

Fear & Hunger is made to be especially hard. It takes a lot of dying and experimentation to beat the game. (sounds a bit like some storygames here on the site) 

Also, I love Persona 5. I own the royal version but I can't quite seem to urge myself to finish it. 

8 months ago

Here is the fear and Hunger rant.

Fear and Hunger is really good and has a resurgence in popularity. It has also phenomenal artwork that is heavily inspired by Ayami Kojima. In some way the storyline reminds me of Berserk (they have a discount version of Guts and Griffith lol). Very much dark fantasy, very grim. 

The game itself actually isn't very hard if you know what you're doing. The gameplay is not based on getting faster reaction times and better reflexes but it's mostly focused on gathering more knowledge about the inner workings of the dungeon and the enemies. Tldr. You're supposed to die a lot. That's part of the learning process. An average run from start to one of the endings is very short (about three hours or so), but due to you dying a lot, the overall playtime can stretch upwards to 40 hours or so?

Trigger warning: the artwork and content can be very graphic. Eh, so if you are not that keen on seeing lots of not so family friendly content, there is also a censored version that replaces every odd object with pinecones.

Extra recommendation: if you want a less graphic version, try fear and Hunger Termina. It really tones down on the more icky parts of it's predecessor, with improved artwork and a much more focused storyline alongside more forgiving game mechanics. There are also more playable characters ranging from a foreign mage guy to a former child soldier. 

Ace, if you like this game, try Pathologic classic next! It's also relatively cheap compared to the price of modern triple A games. It's very fun!

------------

Favorite game; I don't really play video games. I only watch lore videos and read reviews. So my favorite games I had actually played are Dungeon Hunter II and Professor Layton and Pandora's box.

8 months ago
Favorites as a kid were ATV: Quad Power Racing 2, Need for Speed: Underground 2 (has not become less fun as an adult), and Digimon World (PS1).

Favorites as a teenager were Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mirror's Edge, and Bayonetta.

Favorites as an adult are Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and Saints Row 2.

8 months ago

Monkey Island! ^_^

8 months ago

The Sims (any edition)

Minecraft 

Mario Kart Wii

8 months ago
Mario Kart Wii is such a fun game to chill and play with my nieces.

8 months ago

I enjoy any generic first-person shooter game, but especially liked Call of Duty: Ghosts. Crossy Road was also amusing.

8 months ago

Warning: this user is retarded

8 months ago

You should play the BOOMER shooter Blood (With both expansions) if you can.

(Don't play the sequel, it sucks)

8 months ago

It appears to be free, I'll try it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

8 months ago
play doom

8 months ago
FRENZY accept no substitute.

I also remember sitting for an unhealthy amount of time and doing nothing but playing roulette on the same throwback Colecovision console. Good thing I don’t gamble irl

8 months ago

Frenzy was cool and much better than the original Berserk. Used to play that one in the arcades a lot.

8 months ago

Sims 3, the greatest game ever made.

8 months ago
King of Dragon Pass, Morrowind, Unreal World, Majesty, Slay the Spire. In terms of sheer hours and number of times reinstalled those would have to be the top 5. And Alpha Centauri deserves a mention somewhere.

....Time Princess

"Favorites" in other senses than most addictive and replayable would need more thought.

8 months ago

I love Fallout so much and it's a shame I've only gotten into it relatively recently. I started with New Vegas which was a bad idea because the games will never be that good ever again.

8 months ago

Have you played the original games, Fallout and Fallout 2?

8 months ago
Medieval 2 Total War
Stellaris
Red Dead Redemption (1 over 2)
Mount and Blade (Warband and Bannerlord)
Aurora 4x
Max Payne 3

8 months ago

7/14/23

If you could change one event in history, what would it be and why?

8 months ago

Your conception.

8 months ago
Your conception.

8 months ago

*High five*

8 months ago
*High five*

8 months ago
You're constipation.

8 months ago

*High flipper*

8 months ago

My Comment on Deepthroat Circus. That way, Ant wouldn't message me, and I wouldn't have posted my forum, and Sent wouldn't tag Ant and Ant wouldn't learn to use the forums, and that way Ant wouldn't cause chaos in CYS.

8 months ago

I and other users read the story independent of any influence and it would've been controversial and I would've defended it regardless, I literally don't know who you are and you have never once mattered.

8 months ago
That moment when the first group or individual dreamed up DEI so I could get rid of spam-level emails and useless trainings (among other reasons)

8 months ago

I would go back and time and kill the time traveller attempting to save Constantinople from Turkish invasion. 

8 months ago
I would go back in time and kill anyone who attempts to kill the time traveler attempting to save Constantinople from Turkish invasion.

8 months ago

Odd, I would have thought Malk would have been the one attempting to stop TCat’s existence, though Cricket trying to indirectly cause the death of her sister might not be too surprising.

8 months ago

Daji and I are now locked in a paradoxical time loop of mutual assassination, allowing the conquest of Constantinople to impede unmolested. Just as planned 

8 months ago
Well I'll be borrowing one of your time machines for five minutes to select some lottery numbers, but otherwise you two have fun living your best lives.

8 months ago

I would have to go back in time and kill all three of you before you entered the time machine in order to close the loop and keep the universe from infinitely splitting and breaking down quantum reality any worse than it's already been polluted.

8 months ago

7/21/23

Decided it would be interesting if you were asking questions. Ask me anything.

8 months ago

What... Is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

8 months ago

Around 20-25 mph

8 months ago
Why do you recite at a play and play at a recital?

8 months ago

I'm Autistic

8 months ago

8 months ago

Favorite so-bad-it's-good-movie?

8 months ago

Bad Cat (2016)

8 months ago

For me, it's Love on a Leash. A film about a woman who falls in love with her dog.

8 months ago

Do you read your screenname as "I Mad Galaxy" or "Imadga Laxy" or "I Made A Galaxy"?

8 months ago

"I Mad Galaxy"

8 months ago

What are the next three letters in this combination? 

OTTFFSS

8 months ago

E E R

8 months ago

No

8 months ago
Why are you autistic?

8 months ago

I don't really know

8 months ago
Why didn’t my mother love me?

8 months ago
Commended by Daji on 7/23/2023 12:00:14 PM
Look man don't be dramatic, I just wanted you to maybe do a review once in awhile, or another short story or something.

8 months ago

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

8 months ago

No, not really. A few people have tried that, but simply not close enough. Maybe by 2040 people would reach that point. Thanks for such a well-crafted question.

one month ago
How do is be good for the image and see themselves well?

one month ago

Does Bruno Mars is gay?

8 months ago
I from even has going where have, specifically couldn't voraciferous quite. Is normal.

8 months ago

Just a few weeks ago there was also no question for Friday Night Questionnaire 2. imadgalaxy has lost a step in the art of asking a weekly question, I fear.

8 months ago

I have a list of questions kept in a google doc. Days I don't ask any questions is completely intentional.

8 months ago