WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

CYS History (Sorta)

16 days ago

Briar was asking about this, and rather than necroing a mostly unimportant thread, just going to repost this here. We can probably alter it as so desired anyway. (We are the winners after all)

CYS History

MAG Season - Mostly dull mainly because EndMaster hadn’t joined the cast yet. Some of the older people liked it though. Most of the original cast from this era are dead now.

Mafia Season - There was a boring ongoing Mafia storyline, but this was about when EndMaster joined the cast so he was pretty much carrying this season all by himself. It was still worth watching just for him alone. This was also when the show changed its name from MAG to the more recognizable CYS.

BHB Season - This was about when Berka and some others like Aman, Tan, Uglick and Bo joined the cast. This injection of new blood helped liven up the show. Some still feel this was one of the best seasons since while there was adult humor, it was still fun for the whole family to enjoy.

During this time a spin off called Forum Games was introduced in an effort to keep the main show on track. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it soon became filled with several retarded and unlikable characters.

Warrior Cats Season - We don’t talk about this season. Horrible set back after a good previous season. Also there was a rise in shitty subplots involving dumb ass minor characters like Ryder, Honor, Melissa, etc. About the only positive bits were the good characters mocking the shitty ones.

Bad Mods Season - While maybe not as horrible as the WC season, it was horrible in other ways mainly due to corrupt producers fucking around with the format by attempting to copy a different inferior show and censoring things that wouldn’t even have been censored back during the BHB Season and paradoxically allowing other things that were even worse! Thankfully those involved were fired on morals charges involving child sex rings (Pedo Mod Kiel) and embezzlement (Grifter Mod Seth).

Still, the final episodes of this season were considered some of the best of all time and introduced some cast members that would become staples in the next season.

As an added bonus The Forum Games spin off was thankfully canceled, bringing an end to a show that lasted far too long.

Villain Season - Possibly due to all the complaints about last season, the show has completely retooled and gone in a different direction. While this seemingly has worked out with better storylines and cast members like Steve and Mizal have taken more center stage, there have been some who have complained about the show becoming too edgy and grimdark.

So far such complaints have been ignored as you can’t argue with success.

CYS History (Sorta)

16 days ago

Thank you for this.  It clears up some ignorance I have had about the general timeline of things.

I am thankful that I only came here after you had begun to reign openly.  The empty void it must have been before that would have driven me away forever.

CYS History (Sorta)

16 days ago
Praise be.

CYS History (Sorta)

16 days ago
The transition between the Bad Mods era and the Rise of the Villains saw the removal of Forum Games which I'd say deserves a footnote here.

CYS History (Sorta)

16 days ago
The forum game season, before they became trashy, is noteworthy as well.

CYS History (Sorta)

15 days ago

Added notes to both.

CYS History (Sorta)

14 days ago

... I love this. I love you. That is all. heart

CYS History (Sorta)

14 days ago
ninja