Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

OFFICIAL official CYS Discord

5 years ago

4/5/22 update: YES the invite is invalid, stop bumping a three year old thread. If you're ever important and based enough that we wanted you in the discord, you will find out.

(Note: type 'uwu I <3 Nick Walton' when you join if you came here from AI Dungeon and want to access the channel for you and the rest of your kind)

https://discord.gg/jzyDE47

Now we have a place like the forum that is not the forum. But please continue to be kind to your forum and visit it regularly, it gets lonely.

The idea is that it is more writing and storygame focused than Zag's Discord and less full of obnoxious idiocy than Ford's. Feels like a niche we've been missing.

(12/10/19 edit: LOL Ford's server has been dead for over a year and no one even remembers who Zag is!)

THE RULES, updated 11/29/18

1.) You must give the name of your CYS account upon entry.

2.) Do not be too annoying.

3.) Do not be too easily annoyed.

4.) Writing and storygame discussion takes priority over your shitposting.

5.) DO NOT SAY 'OWO'

6.) Anything that would get you banned on CYS will get you banned here.

7.) Some things that would not get you banned in CYS can also get you banned here.

5 years ago

Looking like a serious set up so far.

5 years ago
There are two paths for a discord chat server focused around writing (been tried before):

1) It will die out very very quickly regardless of the effort put into it. In fact, the more effort put into it the faster it will die.
2) All channels will be excessively unused and dead except for a single general chat and or lounge-like channel.

Bonus points for getting over 5 people actually consistently talk about writing and stuff.

Bonus points for not deleting any channel and instead sticking them in large catagories as used/unused.

5 years ago
I have an IRC channel with at least ten people who consistently talk about writing. I don't think it's as hard as you make it out to be when everyone who would be in there is coming from a writing site.

5 years ago
Literally anyone who has ever used discord for anything will tell you about the two glaring rookie mistakes made so far:

1) there are more channels than members
2) You have 6 bots already. 1 bot per 10 members is a good ratio to shoot for, and max out at 5 or 6 bots with a 100+ person server.

You have 6 bots and a billion more channels than necessary. Anyone who has used discord for any amount of time or tried to make a server will tell you the exact same things. When you start a server it's hard to not make a channel for everything but until you have an active group of people doing shit consistently on the server you may as well just have 2 channels max and a single bot. I guarantee 50% of the current channel list will be 0 content and 90% will be abandoned within a year.

The audience you're aiming for is not the audience available.

5 years ago
No you're actually wrong, I know most of the people who will be in there already and I know the kinds of things they like to talk about to a degree that it will annoy me and others. It's just like owning pets, you know from the start they'll need a place to shit.

I've already said I'm going to prune the bots once I mess around with their commands and figure out which ones are actually necessary.

But I said it in there and of course you're banned so how could you know.

5 years ago
it will die with all those channels.

4 years ago
Just rereading this and enjoying how wrong Ford was. I've proven the Discord can sustain ~60 active, mostly non-obnoxious people for over a year. Which now leaves me with the question of, do we even want/need this many? And what exactly have most of them done for the site lately? Makes u think

10 months ago

Update: Ford is still wrong.

5 years ago

Various people, welcome to Mizal's Discord.

Ford, you're banned.

That is all.

5 years ago
Eleven people so far, I'd say we're doing pretty well.

5 years ago
Final tally for the day, 19.

5 years ago
I'd check it out, but — y'know...my data being what it is and all. According to what I read about Discord data consumption, I could probably spend a half hour there per day if I didn't do anything else at all online. Maybe when Trump's affordable internet finally hits the backwoods and if you haven't moved on to something else by then, I might pop in.

5 years ago
I don't understand how your tiny spot in Missouri is the only place in America that AT&T hasn't completely taken over yet.

I mean this is maybe the one example of a time you want to embrace the Borg and where are they?

5 years ago
Just a little about the channel set up, as certain salty naysayers have expressed doubts. However obviously driven by petty jealously such concerns are, I want to lay them to rest.

Besides the main chat, we have:

1.) A writing channel for in depth discussion or drawing attention to threads and storygames.

2.) Scripting and advanced editor help. This is the only one we could easily do without, but just included for completion's sake and because if someone needs a lot of handholding it would add clutter to the writing channel.

3.) Tabletop and board games chat. This is frequently a popular topic in the Villain's Lair.

4.) Playing games with bots. This is the most popular channel so far. In fact, it seems people love the bots I have heard so much negativity expressed towards.

5.) Food talk

6.) Animal pics. And we have multiple bots that will find and post them for us.

7.) A channel for playing with the music bot. It's very popular. Both the music bot and channel were added by request.

Those are the good channels. But the bad ones I'm never going to bother reading are just as necessary.

8.) A debate channel for Steve to have long pointless and obnoxious arguments in.

9.) A toilet to spew memes into

10.) General shitposting, bot spam and anime discussion.

11.) Interest checks and discussion for roleplaying stuff.

Most of these have seen activity today. If any turn out not to be needed I'll remove them, and if more are requested I'm willing to make them. It takes like, a second either way, and it's not a big deal at all to anyone rational.

5 years ago

Jesus, I barely do much other then lurk around the discord server but damn, you got like 3 of the things. Maybe I wont get banned randomly in this one or get really confused as to what the topic is about.

5 years ago
The other ones are more like Discords made by site members that other site members hang around at, they're fine for that but none have much to do with writing. Plus I'm an admin so mine wins.

5 years ago
After a quick gander over the different servers and such, I can fully say that this is a definite improvement in terms of CYS topicality. Nice job, Mizal! I will look forward to lurking around peoples different stories, make some reviews here and there, and steal some cooking recipes from the food channel.

5 years ago
Cool beans. I actually made a discord account finally for it. Thanks, Mizal!

5 years ago

The true holy land appears on the horizon at last; let us march about and sound the trumpets.

5 years ago
I mean to be completely honest I feel like installing Discord at all might've been a terrible mistake and that no one who uses is is it going to do anything productive ever again but, it's been fun.

5 years ago

I was thinking that through interacting with the community a bit in the discord server, I might slowly become more active on the site as well. I do however understand where you're coming from. The discord will serve as another distraction for those who are already active and/or productive on the site. Hopefully it balances out at the very least, and serves to be as useful as it is distracting.

5 years ago

A product of Chris, Sent, and Ebon goofing around in the Discord:

Sent: It's the distant year of 2005. In the deserted streets of New York, one minotaur cop has been kicked off the force with nothing but a gun a dream, and a thirst for vengeance.
Chris: Rex Cowington, once a loose cannon cop who didn't play by the rules, now hunted by cyborg zombie ninjas now that he isn't protected by the force.
Ebon: The only possible way for him to combat the constant tide of enemies was to form a group.
Sent: And it was a good job he wasn't alone: Enter Biff Tiddly, World Heavyweight Future Boxing Champion and King of the Fish Men
Chris: Biff and Rex were friends in the Academy before Biff left the force to become a Future Boxer, and now they were teamed up again to get revenge for the death of Rex's family at the hands of the cyborg zombie ninjas. But they weren't alone, enter
Ebon: Casablanca Cleo the African dinosaur. She was perhaps the deadliest of her kind weighing about 5 pounds on a good day.

And then we ran out of time.

Coming soon to Blockbuster Video, alongside a tie-in NES platformer that we promise will suck...

2005: ZOO IN THE STREETS

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
Little dude has been really persistent so here we go. Ace/Jeff/Tyler/whatever the hell your name is this week, I did say I'd let you back in the Discord but I hope you understand the implication of 'Herculean task'. I'm not going to make it easy for you...so I hope you like homework.

I'll give you two options.

Option 1

Read all three of the following books:

The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith
Watership Down, by Richard Adams

And use whatever your latest account is to write 1000 words about each and post threads in the Reading Corner. It shouldn't take 1000 words just to summarize the plots so be prepared to talk about the characters, how you felt about it all, or any of the other deep complex thoughts that I'm sure routinely go through your little preteen brain.

Or, you can try for Option 2:

Write a storygame of at least 15000 words that can maintain a rating of 5/8 or more. Not getting caught and banned while in the process is something I'm leaving you to your own devices on.

Neither of these are especially difficult, but I have confidence that you lack the dedication, discipline, and general intelligence levels to pull this off. I will be pleasantly surprised if you succeed and even cease to call you an idiot in places where you're likely to read it.

Who knows, maybe if you go above and beyond you can even impress Endmaster so much he lets you back onto the site. (wouldn't bet on it though...)

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

Why exactly was MrAce banned from CYS? Was it because of shitposting, or anything like that? 

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
Thrice SHAMED as Mr. Ace, then he later turned out to be previously permabanned alt spammer jeffturtle.

Seems mostly reformed now at least in the spamming department, but
not my call to make and anyway being banned twice for unrelated reasons is a pretty strong indicator that that boy ain't right.

Maybe his case can be looked at by a judge again once he gets through puberty.

Although, he's in the same Discord with you and DarkPhoenix so you probably could've asked him yourself.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

Well, damn. 

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

Jeff's tombstone:

Teenage Mutant Aspie Retard

jeff21turtle, jeff22turtle, helloiamturtle, jeff23turtle, jeff24turtle, jeff25turtle, jeff26turtl, thetyrant21, iamashark, darkdoom333, darkdoom, helloend, jef21turtle, darkdoomiscool, Nightshade333, helpme987, helpme333, whatisgoingon, helloiamcool, hellohearmeout, fathertime, Pain, itisme, thisisnotagame, thisisnogame, jeffffffffff, listen, Jeff_, Jeff__, Whynot, Jeffisaturtle21, MrAce, Jeff_the_Turtle, Jeff_the_Turtle2, Jeff_the_turtle3, SuperSerpent321, MrAce, My_Name_is_boi, Tyler_Da_Typist

His ongoing shitposting/spamming aside, he managed to sneak in with Mr.Ace and still fucking failed spectacularly as far as writing is concerned.

On top of all that apparently he bitched about being banned, claiming that "JJJ would be rolling over in his grave" to see what the site "has become" and how things were better in the "old days" before "all of us" showed up.

The fucktard wasn't even AROUND during the so called "old days." and which old days is he talking about? Is he talking about when Bad Mod Kiel was around creating his own personal harem and Con Mod Seth was ripping off kids with Kickstarter scams?

Is he talking about before that when you had utter fucking chaos with fucktards like Honor4Ever and Ryder spamming dumb ass shit?

Or is he talking about even before that when you had Warrior Cat shit all over the goddamn site?

Obviously Jeff doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about when he's going on about the "good old days" that never really existed and as far as I'm concerned he's in DrkPhoenix territory.

And if he REALLY feels like things were better back then and the site sucks a lot now, why the hell does he want to be here still? (Yes I know, it's Hotel California syndrome common to internet forums)

So fuck Jeff, fuck Mr.Ace and fuck whatever other dumbshit alt he sneaks in under. He's banned whenever he pops up.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

He sure liked turtles. 

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
Yeah that rant he went on in Ford's Discord is really going to follow him a long time and bite him in the ass forever lol. Pretty sure he was barely even potty trained during the 'good old days' he speaks of so maybe that's why he didn't notice how shitty the forums used to be.

I believe even the most idiotic 11 year old is capable of growing up and joining society some day but in his case it will probably have to involve being better at not immediately giving away every alt.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

He's grovelling to me in the Discord now. And while I appreciate a good grovel it's a little late especially after my above post.

My advice is he stays away from the site for a couple months, gets a different IP, lays extremely low to the point where nobody knows who the fuck he is. Like basically not speak and just write. Probably not a good idea for him to go blabbing on Discord who he is now either.

And its possible in a couple of years (Assuming we're all still alive) I might forget all about it even if I find out he's using an alt. (presumably a more productive one that didn't cause suspicion in the first place).

It's the best deal he's going to get.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
He successfully rejoined as Mr. Ace before, he just needs to stop drawing all this attention to himself and do it again, minus the whole being an idiot who joins contests and fails at them part.

It's pretty difficult for anyone to even notice you exist as long as you're not posting but somehow none of these 'but I just want to write stories!' people never figure that out.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

"Outhers"? I want to believe that that's just how they'd spell it in the UK. Kind of like the words "color" and "colour."

Also, what ever happened to 3J?

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
He tripped and fell off the edge of the planet.

Also Saika was never banned, and 'Sakia' doesn't exist.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
iirc he got a job as a dev (frontend or netsec I think) some ages ago and since he didnt like it he hung himself with a belt

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago

"This site has turned to shit and I'm glad to be banned because there is no point in being on a site like this."

And then he proceeds to make a bunch of alts in futile attempts to sneak into the site. Of course those all failed spectacularly. RIP Jeff he couldn't sneak like Snake to get that S rank. "Jeff? Jeff talk to me! Jeff?! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFF!"

But really, maybe he'll lay low for a year or two, secretly working on his writing skills, and he'll pop back in and pull a me. Until then, we'll just keep making fun of him for being a bumbling fucktard.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
Somehow I doubt it... he doesn't seem particularly willing to learn.

Mr. Ace's challenge

5 years ago
I admire his dedication and can-do attitude. Who says you need to graduate the fifth grade to succeed in life?

CYS Discord Rogues Gallery

5 years ago
Nothing too special yet but I hope that in time this list grows and becomes packed with drama and vital nutrients.

Some guy with two commas for a name - kicked a couple of times by Deputy Chris and then banned by End for refusing to give name. Allegedly claimed his refusal to answer a simple question was 'trolling'.

Anon - totally on the level seeming username, did not give name, kicked by me.

Crusader - kicked by me, didn't give name and seemed kind of dumb

drooly - Entered with Dini in possession of furry avatar and claimed to be 'literally Ryder'. Banned by me. Oddly, no comment on any of this from Dini.

El_Fresco - banned by Endmaster, don't know the details but heard he was being a retard on the forum and got banned here also. Also he was Sharkworld so whatever.

Ford - banned by me for disrespecting the M, and for being Ford

Leora - Kicked by Deputy Ebon for sleeping with Ford and potential to suddenly be Ford.

MoreCowbell - kicked by deputy Ebon. His reputation preceded him.

Theseus - possibly Danaos? Kicked by me for not giving name. Seriously are people logging in and then IMMEDIATELY tabbing out to not look at the channel again for hours so that they can't see the question asked literally less than two minutes after their arrival? This seems very unlikely yet it keeps happening.

Tyler_Da_Typist - Banned by Endmaster. Easily identified Mr. Ace/Jeff Turtle alt.

Let me know if I missed any. And while I've been doing a lot of kicking I'm probably going to start moving to more bans if these people who just log in and say nothing continue to be nuisances adding nothing of value.

5 years ago

Banned King Raptor as well. Can't remember what for exactly, but I wrote that was he was being a faggot so it was a legit reason.

5 years ago
Oh right that was El_Fresco aka Sharkworld78 aka shitposting copypasta memelord.

Fucker better make that Hitler game for real if he ever hopes to redeem himself.

5 years ago

I can confirm that Theseus was not me. If I wanted to join your Discord, I would just use my original name. Come on now.

5 years ago
End pointed out that you liked your silly Greek names so that was the best lead we had to go on.

5 years ago

Understandable. Still, I'd at least have the courtesy to use one of the three usernames I've had on this site so I'd be easily recognizable.

5 years ago
That's your reasoning? I was wondering why I got kicked. Pretty stupid on Ebon's part seeing as I've never trolled anyone here and as far as I know have never once acted like Ford on Discord or otherwise.

And Ford said I get "special treatment" here because of him? Haha, that's been nothing but a negative.

5 years ago
Never said anything about acting like Ford, it was 'might suddenly be Ford.'

As in he could be in your account the way he's already done on the site multiple times because you're trusting and dumb.

5 years ago
He hasn't been allowed on any of my devices in months. (Though I did log in as him like a month ago to proofread some stuff)

5 years ago

Mizal said you'd basically have to break up with Ford and set his balls on fire before you could join her Discord.

(Mizal actually just said to break up with Ford. If it was my Discord you could just set his balls on fire, and I'd let you stay.)

5 years ago
She could easily do it the next time she helps him put his pants on.

5 years ago
Haha that was a spectacular failure. Wasn't really worth the joke it was intended as.

5 years ago

your battered wife routine gets really annoying, and there's only so long anyone can picture you eating ford's unwashed ass to make him happy without reacting in violent disgust 

5 years ago
If you're picturing that it's your own fault... that's disgusting.

Besides, it's not like I just sit around complaining about Ford all the time- certainly no more often than the rest of you do. There's no "battered wife routine", I've been in an abusive relationship and this isn't it. I joined the Discord because I heard there was actual writing discussion, but if I have questions I can just post them on the forums.

5 years ago

she says, wiping a fresh dingleberry off her tongue. 

pro tip, it's not abuse if your boyfriend wants you to stomp on his balls 

5 years ago
Ew... if that's the kind of thing you think about, you need help...

And I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what a dingleberry is.

5 years ago

it's when a piece of shit gets lodged in your ass hairs, and you have to pull it out to get all the shit out of your asscrack after dropping a fat deuce. sometimes it gets some blood on it 

5 years ago
Ugh... I was right, I didn't want to know that.

5 years ago

well im sorry, mrs perfectly shaved asscrack. 

tell me, when you wax your asshole, do you do ford's as well? 

5 years ago
He's trying to grow his out. I think he said something about braiding it.

5 years ago
the braids harken back to my northern european roots

5 years ago

Though I don’t know you too well, one thing I do know is that every time someone makes some sort of remark about you, you always must reply with a petty playground insult that only the most proficient 2 year old could spout from their toothless gums. It’s a waste of your time. Go back to helping Ford put on his socks and perhaps that will teach you some sense of vocabulary. 

5 years ago
I'm not entirely certain you'e got the right person here... `Most of the time people make fun of me here for making futile attempts to defend myself rather than launching into the general insult trade. I've been called a doormat or a pushover many times for exactly that. If your going to mock me for a lack of creative insults that's fine, but I don't use 2-year-old insults either. The reason people tease me here so often is that I don't come back with insults at all. Defending myself may be a waste of time, but you seem to have either never seen me say anything or just grossly misunderstood the bandwagon you're trying to jump on here.

5 years ago

I admire you for your guts. Please do spend more time on here. Maybe it will give you inspiration to write something of value. I wish you luck on your quest. Tie some shoelaces.

5 years ago
And because you're constantly on the defensive and have literally no other fighting stance besides 'cringe and make excuses' you lose every argument, even the ones that shouldn't be allowed to become arguments in the first place. This has been explained but you don't learn.

I mean look at you here, being pushed into a corner by a small child. It's embarrassing.

5 years ago
What are you talking about? I haven't been pushed into any corners. I've given no excuses and done no cringing here. I'm sure there are plenty of valid examples of whatever it is you're talking about but this conversation isn't one of them.

5 years ago
Just banned HighSchoolAtomBomb for being Azure bisexual..

aka BlueSabere, ChickenStew23, ChickenNotStew, Justtellmewhoyouare, Chickenstew2300, Stopitmods, Torinator, Torinator2, Grants, RedSabre, GreenSabre, GreenSabere, Nohate, RedSaberee, TFWQ, BlackHawke, BlackHawk, Seriously, UserName2, Answers2000, Fallure, Life, EndHatesMe, YupIKnow, WishIDidntHaveToSpam, StayingAwayFromForum, INeverSaidThat, EndLetMeTalkItOut, StopBanning, LemonJuice, PmedMizalProofAskHer, ImInnocent, AskMizalForProof, ImDesperate, ReadForProof, FinalPost, DontBanMakingStory, REALfinalPost, TheTypist, iAMthatDENSE, AzureChevalier, MagnoliaEclair, LionsRoar, TuxedoMask, KeeperLord, DragonKnight, Reilly, RugbyFlanker, PleaseStopBanningMe, Capulet, CtrlAltDel, Randumbucket, WhitePaladin, JosephJoestar

Better late than never lol. And he was doing so well this time, I had no idea. I was actually checking another user entirely against Azure.

5 years ago
Massive 4 meg screenshot of giant thread: Knights of the New Order (spergin Azure)

Just linking this for nostalgia's sake, it's still such a good thread. Not the entire thing unfortunately, and I wound up just grabbing a screenshot because the Wayback Machine was giving errors at the time. Kind of a longshot, but did anyone who happens to be reading this happen to get it archived?

5 years ago

read through that whole shitstorm and I wish for death

5 years ago

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: IMMIGRATION PAPERS ARE MANDATORY.

Because the CYS discord is a place for cool kids only, it's also subject to extreme vetting. On the off chance that all the people we're kicking aren't just alts of the same people not admitting it, or they really are just newbies who jumped on the discord before jumping on the site, YOUR ACCOUNT NAME IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO STAY HERE. If you're not a member of CYS, then frankly what are you even doing? If you really do just join Discords and immediately stop reading them, or you happen to have the reaction time of an autistic slug, then at least do the reverse and post who you're supposed to be on Discord here and save us all the trouble.

The username in the discord is preferred, though. You immediately lose brownie points for making us do anything in another tab just to confirm who you are.

5 years ago
Some of these people were given literally hours to respond.

I was confused as to why that kept happening and then I remembered the average site user really IS pretty dumb.

Try messaging a random online person sometime and see what I mean.

5 years ago

You message random people here? I rarely feel the need to message anyone.

5 years ago

Just kicked myself.

Feels good man.

5 years ago
Also declared a most definitely homoerotic love for Tim, but, we kinda already suspected that one.

5 years ago

Yeah, like there was every any doubt.

5 years ago
Just bumping this because a couple of people have asked for the address recently.

Also, many of you were murdered by that madman Chris last night, a few of you unjustly so I figured you might need the link again.

5 years ago

You gave me this power, Mizal. I'm just using it.

5 years ago

LOL

5 years ago
I'm not adrogynous. :(
Surprised I wasn't called a weeb faggot. :)

5 years ago

Digit out weebs everyone else so he got top billing for it.

5 years ago
I'm a little disturbed because this seems to be taking a cue from Ford's server of catgirl lolis but you worked so hard on this so I've changed my name to Procrastinating Faggot and yours to Trolling Faggot and we'll all just hang around and be faggots together awhile and see how it goes.

Steve had already changed his name back to just Steve by this morning even though the one you gave him was the most accurate of all, but I've fixed it now so he can't do that anymore.

e: forgot Killa, now he's Vanilla Faggot

5 years ago

Well there's an obvious difference, Ford calling everyone loli catgirls is obviously an indication of some sort of degenerate sexual fetish.

Calling everyone some sort of faggot on the other hand is just something funny to do.

Anyway, some of the faggot name changes you did are funnier (Malk = Depressed Faggot, etc.) I probably would have been a bit more accurate with some of the lesser members, but I was mildly preoccupied posting a trolling message at BGG as well. (Yes, there was a trolling theme last night, so I approve of your name change for me)

5 years ago
I nominate @Bucky as 'Toecutter's Faggot' if he ever recovers from Chris' savage kickings.

5 years ago
I am deeply offended.

5 years ago
been there done that

Orange did one with "Peasant" when she got ownership of the server and pretty often I'll change everyones' names to some theme. IIRC There's been faggot, nigger, cunt, peasant, various types of italian food, abtract text art, blank names, <name>bot, farts of various smells, everyone named spaghetti and one person named mom, and probably more I can't remember off the top of my head. I guess I should go about changing them again except killa will always be the best catgirl loli.

Edit:: Song lyrics wherein we would try to get people to put a message in chat and all the names would line up to make a song

Edit2:: Noticed theres a solid 32 which is exactly how many managed to consistently stay on my server (+-1) It'd be interesting to see what percentage is the same crowd and what people have completely abandoned discord overall compared to people who have also abandoned CYS or are on hiatus forever.

5 years ago
Just another day in furry hell:

5 years ago
Someone get that fool to stop using was as a verb.

5 years ago
@lordkarstark Bucky wants to give you wisdom

5 years ago

I'm an institutional man, now. Don't think I can handle life on the outside 

5 years ago

5 years ago
Funny I was just about to come and bump this thread since I noticed AzBaz had sent me confused messages in the IRC a few weeks ago because he never looked at the forums and hadn't been aware there was a Discord or where it was.

And yes, the pins are extremely gay. At a specific time of night that just
seems to happen to the channel.

e: aw damn somebody got rid of Malk's tourette's fit about Leora last night

5 years ago
I caused a fit? Huh... Didn't think anyone cared that much.

5 years ago

Aw man, how could you leave out the classic "With all my heart, I wish to do nasty things to Tim" pin?

I'd post it but I'm in Furry Hell and IIRC it's already been shared here so.

5 years ago

You degenerates can't have a complete fagfest, I have to leave some room for Sabley's blowjob posts and especially posts that are directly praising me. (And a big fuck you, to whoever deleted some of those.)

5 years ago
Huh, I never once did anything that got pinned. Shucks. I guess it's because I don't say random gay things.

5 years ago
I'd like to take this opportunity to to point out that I'm my Discord I have friendly chats with Sabley and AYT as well as Axiom even when they have constant access to the thing that make words appear on my phone screen. Thus laying to rest once and for all false accusations of a 'Queen Bee syndrome'.

I get along with other women just fine thank you just as long as they're not passive aggressive cunts. (Actually that could explain why Kiel and I stopped getting along...)

5 years ago
Mizal Hate Club: Featuring, Breezy, Kiel, and KitKatKaity

5 years ago
Well a whole bunch of you got randomly murdered by Steve so here's a bump to help you find the link again.

5 years ago

Why the hell did you give Steve any sort of power, you knew that was going to happen. Lol.

5 years ago
Really, if you look at it a certain way, getting kicked by Steve constantly is good motivation. It keeps them out of the Discord so that they can write a featured story, and then when they come back they get the role that makes him not able to do that anymore.

5 years ago

My point is that giving Steve ANY sort of power is a bad idea.

Your reasoning for doing so is bad and you should feel bad.

5 years ago
Agreed. That's like leaving Joffrey Baratheon unsupervised with a crossbow and a pair of whores.

5 years ago

*squints eyes and turns my head to the side*

yea i guess i could work faster on my games haha

5 years ago

Y’know, it would be a really awesome idea to give me some powers! Totally not begging, or anything. 

5 years ago
Everyone has the power to be an idiot.

5 years ago
It was within you all along...

5 years ago
Zassuen is banned.

Malk is still in exile.

Ford, shockingly, is still banned.

I edited the server rules into the OP since no one ever reads them once they're in there.

@Flyboy , you can come back, no one will bite you. Except Corgi possibly but he has all his shots.

5 years ago
At this rate I'll be a chat moderator in no time!

5 years ago
Okay this is interesting. Somebody, I'm guessing Flyboy has given our link to what appeared to be two black people and uhhh...they didn't seem to appreciate the theme End picked for everyone's nicks last night. >.>

5 years ago

How do we know if anyone is black?

5 years ago
OK mystery potentially solved. Anyone heard of an app called Meetup? I'm playing Rimworld and too lazy to Google but a writing group has found the site and so I hope we didn't piss them off too bad lol.

5 years ago

Googling any place called "Meetup" sounds like it would reveal much different results than a writing group.

5 years ago
Yes that is true.

Anyway like I said I think we can assume everyone in their group should handle the forum just fine as well as getting critical reviews and all that if they didn't immediately get offended there. It would be pretty cool to get a bunch of new people at once who are actually into writing and not a class of 12 year olds.

But can you imagine if somebody had shared that invite on the COG server instead? Lol.

5 years ago

There, everyone's some sort of Latin now instead of black, it's a step up.

5 years ago

Oh great and powerful mod of the people, the Supreme and Lauded Mizal with a capital M, I humbly beg for readmission into the Amazing and Glorious Discord. May her glorious reign last a thousand years. I also beseech the many loyal constituents to show mercy upon me and to allow me back, knowing that Mizal is just and fair in her actions towards the people.

In addition to this, I acknowledge Tolkein as the great and powerful writer he is who never wrote anything even mildly bad in his life and as a literal God-King among men, Gandalf as a spectacular wizard, and I acknowledge Mad Max as an incredibly masterpiece of art that it truly is. 

5 years ago

Lol cuck.

Wait a minute, when did you not like Mad Max? I know Bucky doesn't, but I thought you didn't mind it.

5 years ago

I thought it was an excellent movie.

5 years ago
me too

5 years ago
You on the other hand can continue to rot out here in the parched desert until the buzzards pluck out your eyes and feed them to Maya.

5 years ago
dunno what you have against me given I've never done anything against you :^)

5 years ago
I'll unban you if you win a contest, how's that?

5 years ago
yeah, I'll agree to that

5 years ago

Living would be enough I imagine.

5 years ago
Well done, you may reenter the promised land.

5 years ago

Well someone certainly has a high opinion of her vagina.

5 years ago
Just on the cusp of being crusty while still maintaining that youthful sheen; like a cut of prime rib left out overnight.

5 years ago
I'm really glad you're not capable of winning any contests.

5 years ago
If you can make metaphors that amusing, you can win a contest and ruin Mizal's day. Or I guess that's a simile. But that's a stupid name, so let's call it a metaphor.

5 years ago
I got a good shot of winning contests between january and june since I'll be taking a paltry amount of credit hours next semester. I've also been writing consistently since making that initial game with the banana that I've already forgotten the name of.

5 years ago

Considering you claimed the Edgelord contest wasn't a "real contest" and crossed it off and you still had Kiel and Seth's faggot contests listed on your to do list, you were pretty much doomed anyway.

5 years ago
pibot is kill. rip in the piss.

5 years ago
Since the best kind of repentance is done with cold hard cash, @Chanbot, you have now been unbanned under the following conditions:

1.) No permissions for embedding images. Ever.
2.) No detailed discussion of you and Leora's relationship. It's gross.
3.) Don't be a creep. I know this one is difficult but try your hardest?

Also a lot of people in there can kick and none of them like you so expect to be logging back in a lot.

5 years ago
Also, just look at this lol:

How very very wrong you were.

5 years ago

I think he can manage the first two, but that last one is going to be nearly impossible.

5 years ago
People may now take bets on how long till he's banned again.

5 years ago

I bet one point that he will last three weeks.

5 years ago
Lol I’ll take the under.

5 years ago
bumping for noobs

5 years ago
@Jacoder23 You were kicked for playing Minecraft, and for general uselessness. You may reapply for Discord access once you've reached 100 points.

5 years ago

Only memorable thing about him was he got all pissy when I changed his name to RAPE FACE due to his avatar.

5 years ago
But also for not participating in any of the microfic threads despite that being his thing!

Actually I talked to him at the beginning of March and he was dealing with the brutal exams like all those kids in the foreign places where they teach them to communicate in English somehow without even waiting for them to enter college.

BUT to play Minecraft after months in Hell when you can't take 30 seconds to draw a butterfly for dear, precious Tim is the ultimate insult.

5 years ago
Well guess I saw this coming! Anyways exams finished a little over a week ago, so no excuses now for me :P

But I'm actually not participating in the flash fic threads for a reason other than procrastinating (okay mostly just that). After realizing that I can't write stories longer than 500 words without losing focus I've decided to just bite the bullet and make an attempt at making a storygame with actual planning and well-thought out ideas since I've always struggled with that.

What's the butterfly thing? Haven't exactly been active for a while.

5 years ago

5 years ago
@Bradindvorak Please make Lar say "stop" instead of start.

tia <3

5 years ago
:thumbs_up:

4 years ago
Yesterday five people joined together to spend an hour and a half walking Ford through the process of making scrambled eggs with bell peppers in them.

I can't decide if this was a wholesome and inspirational waste of time, or a retarded one; but rest assured time WAS wasted, and this is the true meaning of Discord.

4 years ago
Mayana has been freed from the terrible burden of not wanting to talk to anyone anymore but not being able to find the door.

Now taking applications for new blindies. If you want the job but don't qualify due to excessive sight, please make an appointment with Mayana, I'm sure she can help you out.

4 years ago
It seems I got killed for real this time. It was fun while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. We had quite a lot of fun conversations, and you often helped me out when I was in a bad mood. Thank you all. I might just send a PM to some of you every once in a while, and of course, there's the forum as well.

I mean ... I'll only miss you a bit. You're uncool and boring. :)

Being the token Discord blindy is a very challenging job. But it is also very well paid, so since I want only the best for the members of CYS, I'd of course love to help.

4 years ago

This is indeed a thing that happened.

A shame. Maya did some sick burns when she wasn't in hell. And a few in hell also.

4 years ago

Honestly, you lot were trying to save someone who didn’t want to be saved longer than you needed to.

Better to know when to just let go.

4 years ago
This is the speech End would give to his patients’ families if he was a doctor after diagnosing them with (fill in the blank).

4 years ago
I think you mean it's the speech he'd give after stabbing a patient in the neck with a scalpel.

4 years ago
Which he only does to put the patient out of his misery after after diagnosing the patient with a bad case of gas.

IM GONNA MCFRICKEN DUNK YA

4 years ago

I just typed uwu instead of owo, got insta blocked. I'm cold, lonely, broken, my heart is palpitating, my lungs are collapsing, I fell out of my seat and my dad pulled out the belt because he heard me and we can't afford the gigs right now. 10/10, would do uwu again.

4 years ago
You're still doing better than Ficsean and all those noobs who wound up enslaved to Digit for a month.

4 years ago

I'm still wondering how Digit got powerful enough to enslave anyone.

4 years ago
Digit enslaved someone?

4 years ago

Digit has finally embraced his dormant violent Aztec heritage, enslaved several noobs, forcing them to compete in tasks and sacrificing the losers to the Gods. (That would be me and Mizal)

4 years ago
ah so he made a moderate charisma roll and didnt, in fact, become more powerful and enslave anyone of note.

4 years ago
OG Digit will become more powerful once we get a noob that can be known as New Digit and his name becomes a hereditary title. Like all of End's Tharas.

One of his slaves was pretty poor quality though and has already had his heart carved out. I'm thinking of giving him Wibn as a replacement, he already has a lot of experience with the whole indentured servitude thing.

Hands off the shiny suit!

4 years ago
Wibbins is community property!

4 years ago

That's commie talk.

4 years ago
Okay fine.

@BgirlStories , I see potential in you. Please report to the Discord for the...enhanced training program. This accelerated de-noobing process will launch your site career in less than a month.

4 years ago
Nevermind, I misjudged again. @Bgirlstories, you're worthless and will never amount to anything in life.

4 years ago

While assume you are referring to me, I lost WiFi again after my last message yesterday. I assume I was kicked because I did not do the task and was going to do that and the other one today.

4 years ago
I am no stranger to pathetic disappointments, but dude, this is weak.

4 years ago

If you don’t believe I lost WiFi I did, though I will admit I should have done it before 

Ficsean's Evil Plot Exposed!

4 years ago

Hey, why'd ya had to call me out by name? I am quietly serving my sentence, counting down the days before I, too, can enslave the helled.

Ficsean's Evil Plot Exposed!

4 years ago

I’m currently enslaved under suspicion of being ford or coins

Actually it might be just for fun, and Digit just gave that excuse as an excuse to jail me in discord

Btw Bgurl don’t trust anyone

4 years ago
I will never figure out why you jackasses will just join a server and then not respond to anyone when you are obviously online because how else did you join the server? But if you're the kind of person that does that, kindly fuck off and don't bother. You won't last more than 10 minutes anyhow.

4 years ago

Really don't like how people just join servers to join servers. Y'know, flaunt off thier power by saying "You're in 5 servers? Pathetic. I'm in over 10 billion discord servers".

4 years ago

Apparently our Discord finally gained enough experience to level up.

4 years ago

Ford boosted us with Discord Nitro, and for his troubles he was slaughtered by the villain dubbed "Chris".

It's okay though. He got better.

4 years ago
We got what we needed. He was no longer of use to us.

4 years ago

I assume i got banned the moment i joined the server for having ''uwu'' as username. didn't realize it was taboo at the time lol

4 years ago

F. for now.

4 years ago
I guess this means I don't have to ask if Discord is down for anybody else? I can't connect to Corgi's server either.

4 years ago
It's down for me.

4 years ago
I'm pretty sure this is iavatus' fault, somehow...

4 years ago

I think the whole of Discord is dead yeah.

4 years ago
It's back now. Shhh, it's all okay again. The long nightmare is over.

4 years ago

ah i found it, next time try not to ruin the fun @C6H8O6

4 years ago
I don’t know what you’re talking about.

4 years ago
I'm curious as to who the mysterious Krtyata was, and really would encourage them to bring their questions regarding establishing a place to freeform roleplay on CYS to the Lounge.

4 years ago
As I understand it, End banned DerPrussian for being a little too enthusiastic in sharing the details of some shota stuff he was looking at for some reason.

Oh well, this complete degenerate's little time out should help him focus more on writing and reviewing for awhile.

4 years ago
Who?

4 years ago

He lives in the library and video game channels, you wouldn't know him.

4 years ago
He never knows who anyone is. Leora has to wear a name tag when she visits him.

4 years ago

I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ll have to get in on it now.

4 years ago

I joined the server like a month ago i guess but somehow got banned one hour after i joined while i was inactive . why is that ?

4 years ago

Inactive people get killed occasionally. For the lulz. Especially CoGites.

4 years ago
Don't join a server and then immediately ignore everyone speaking to you when you're obviously right there because you had to be to click the link.

4 years ago

I'll gladly murder anyone who joins then never talks but it wasn't me this time.

4 years ago

I joined at midnight before i went to sleep . i did not ''ignore'' anyone . i was actually pretty hype to see what its like the next day . 

4 years ago

Who just joins a server then decide, "Well, time to hit the sack! Goodnight, people that will presumably want to know my CYS username upon joining!"

4 years ago

And here i thought the coghites were the ones easily triggered .

4 years ago
Rheee?

4 years ago

lol go back to Reddit skrub

4 years ago

Just because i've been gone for like what ? 8 hours ? does not mean i went awol or ignored anyone . 

4 years ago
*goes into settings and turns off all notifications, hovers mouse over Join Server link, averts eyes and covers face with other arm...click. Fumbles blindly for monitor button, turns it off, relaxes arm and opens eyes with HUGE sigh of relief, goes to bed successfully having avoided noticing people asking what his CYS account is*

4 years ago

Like i said . i joined at the last minute before i went to bed . i didnt even know this place had a discord i just stumbled on this thread when i was checking forum . 

Edit: you're good at stalking to describe in such detail . also we have very different timezones so you have to understand that not everyone can be available at your leisure. 

4 years ago

I mean did you not read The Rules.

Because you didn't follow Rule 1.

4 years ago

4 years ago

But all you had to do was either:

1) Wait until morning to join 

2) Introduce yourself before going to bed 

3) Read the rules in the OP 

It isn't about timezones or Mizal's leisure. You didn't follow the rules. This isn't the hill you want to die on.

4 years ago

I don't think anyone would wait until morning to join a server, but the other two is a given - in fact, it should just be force of habit!

4 years ago
Giving yourself way too much credit calling it 'stalking' lol, I just described what every banned no name noob has done. I couldn't say which one on the list you even were because you did nothing to distinguish yourself in any way. Anyhow, we have another Dark already who is more worthy of the title of 'Author', so I'm sorry sir but the position has been filled.

4 years ago

Sounds like a real stand-up guy

4 years ago
So while I was out, 3J got trolled off the Discord by Ford and Chris.

On one hand I feel like it's probably best that anyone capable of being low-effort bullied by Ford and a barely 16 year old probably should avoid Discord, but on the other hand 3J doesn't use the forum either and that was our one source of info on potential future updates.

Somewhat disappointed in my kids, but I do the best I can while holding down two jobs and it's *hard* being a single mom. Chris still wrote 5000 words today and I'm very proud of him, I believe the lack of a father figure in his life just makes him act out.

(Ford is just some kind of weird sentient fungus we found in the basement, I take no responsibility for him.)

4 years ago
* semi-sentient

4 years ago

Yeah, I just wasn't particularly enjoying hanging out with edgy children. To each their own.

I'll be posting updates here as they're made in the N&U forum and you can always contact me via PM.

4 years ago
You have to learn the art of redirection, which is a skill I picked up working at daycares and with the mentally disabled that I find works very well on CYS.

You can't just say, "Ford, do not use the n-word, for it offends me", or "Ford, do not photoshop Sabley's foot over some anime porn thing" you have to find another, more positive topic and not reward the negative ones with attention. "Ford, you published two story games this month, I'm stunned to learn you're capable of anything productive." "Ford, have you beaten Leora lately?" and so on.

I've been involved in several writing discussions on there today and I'm pretty stoked about the fantasy thing Chris is about to publish, plus will begin testing Theo's IF Comp project in a few days. Townsquare is just the Lounge equivalent lol. I keep it muted for a reason.

This is probably a good cautionary tale for future potential Discord joiners though.

4 years ago

I think you summed it up wonderfully when you said that I should avoid Discord. Different people enjoy different environments and that one wasn’t for me, personally.

4 years ago

I was always surprised you even hung out at the old IRC Villain Lair.

4 years ago

Some of us are wholly un-edgy adults.  I wouldn't paint the Discord with such a big brush.  There's a lot of amazing discussion of writing there.   And I think that this forum pretty well gets around what you might expect to see (and probably have seen) in the Discord.

Actually, the Discord is far tamer.

4 years ago

Best to keep that stuff in the Discord, going forward.

4 years ago
The amazing discussions of writing?

Okay, I guess....

4 years ago

Obviously not. But I’m happy for those to happen anywhere.

4 years ago
Discord gets way more writing discussion than the forum for sure. Half the Creative Corner threads (the half not by Ozoni) come from there because we literally force newbies to write stories to participate on the server.

It's a little annoying honestly, it's hard to get people to make workshop threads anymore and I still think that's a superior format. Discussion is archived in one place that others can easily find and you can do essay style responses instead of fragmented thoughts from mobile.

4 years ago

But it’s honestly just great that people are talking about writing!

4 years ago
He lives!

4 years ago
Where the heck have *you* been? This is old news.

4 years ago

Hi!

4 years ago

I just ignore anything I find foul, wherever it is.  I'm here to talk about interactive fiction and interesting experiments with prose and BS with people when I should be working.  Some people here don't talk the way I do, and they say things I don't say, but that's true wherever I go on the internet.   It's easy enough to ignore a thread here if it gets too much for me.

4 years ago

Yeah — but many great writers may be less flexible.

4 years ago
Lol well Gower has plenty of first hand experience with herding and babysitting emotionally fragile authors, I see it as pretty notable that he enjoys hanging out on CYS in his down time instead.

4 years ago

I agree that there’s no point in catering to the radically fragile.

You don’t have to be emotionally fragile to choose not to hang out in a place that appears to be occupied by edgy fifteen year olds and racists. The appearance is bad enough that it doesn’t much matter what the truth of the matter is. The Discord vibe doesn’t hurt my feelings — I’d just be embarrassed to be associated with it, which is why I’m choosing not to be. I don’t want CYS to be like that because there are plenty of writers that are worthwhile but that don’t like that sort of environment. On the flip side, people who love that sort of behavior will always have Discord :)

4 years ago

This is unfortunate. Ford is definitely a bad influence on Chris and I advise we take steps to openly torture and execute Ford while simultaneously invoking the necessary cleansing rituals to prevent his rebirth.

I'll take care of Chris.

4 years ago

Oh.

I did not expect 3J to leave over that.

For what it's worth, I apologize to 3J for the demeaning roles I'd repeatedly give him. It started as light-hearted jokes but eventually it got pretty out of hand, and I truly am sorry for that. Whether he comes back to the Discord or not, I want him to know that I think highly of him and respect him both as an admin for his contributions to the site, and as a person for his surprisingly laidback attitude in the face of someone calling him a "transn***er who leaves his children to buy cigarettes for fifteen years".

4 years ago
lol

4 years ago
For the historical records, let's never forget that Ford started this entire fiasco during a conversation about Spiderman by saying "Disney is a wealthy slave owner and Sony is just some random n****r on the street"

By such things do kingdoms rise and fall around here, apparently.

Time will tell if the original prediction is hilariously accurate or not but either way I'm pretty happy seeing someone with the balls to tell Disney to fuck off because NO, they do not want to pick cotton today, regardless of whether it works out or not.

4 years ago
turns out Disney and sony reached a deal so we're back to having Marvel spiderman

4 years ago
Well that's just lame and I'm going to respond by not seeing any of the new Spidermans which I wasn't going to see anyway.

4 years ago
Okay, as long as that is bumped, can we address a second issue?

You guys need to stop changing your nick immediately after End does, particularly if it's for a new theme. I guess I might as well make an official rule against being unfun because he isb obviously not going to sit there and have an edit war with you over it lol. We've had two casualties over this so far. And probably it's also happened to a few worthless noobs that I'm forgetting.

4 years ago

Not sure if this has already been done, but y'all should consider adding a Discord notification for when I post in the Site Updates Warning thread. At some point, I should probably build a site-wide notification for it, but I feel like even that would be less effective than a Discord update.

I hate the thought of people losing work when the site goes down and I think that would protect a significant portion of the writing population.

4 years ago

I basically perform that function because I'm the only one subscribed to the warning thread, lol. But yeah we could see if Brad can add that function to the bot.

4 years ago

In an ideal world, we'd have multiple servers and load balancers so that the website doesn't go down for an update... but that is not on the table haha.

4 years ago
Hey, @DeathAwaits , how long have you had your brain tumor?

Not sure why you thought you needed to join to get the invite for your middle school friends to attempt their "raid", when it's right here in plain view and public. Maybe this isn't a good career path for you all though, you seem pretty uncoordinated and bad at this.

4 years ago
Lol, it was Skeltro105. Didn't even try to hide the alts.

Well anyway enjoy your ban. (Your story still sucks btw.)

4 years ago

And that concludes the failed "raid" by Skeltro and the Piss Patrol. Good night folks.

4 years ago
I like to put beans up my nose.

4 years ago

There are two words that combined would really sum up my feelings towards you and both your pitiful attempt at raiding a 60 person server with your team of special ed kids and your laughable impersonation of a famous YouTuber. However, I am no longer allowed to say those words. Just know that you will be remembered around here, but probably not for the reasons you expect.

4 years ago

Wait we are not allowed to say lol f*g?

4 years ago
Oh...uh... YOU can. Special privilege. In fact you can even message it to JJJ, I bet he'll love that joke! ^_^

4 years ago

Well I guess I'm stuck using this primitive communication device the natives call "the forum" for now... 

4 years ago
Life feels empty

4 years ago

I was dead on my end for like 20 minutes. It's working for me rn, however.

4 years ago

After quite a while, I am ready to return from my exile.

For a good several months, I was swamped with all sorts of projects and commitments. It took a while—especially considering how difficult it is for me to actually begin a task—but I have gotten everything taken care of, so I will be able to resume writing. I promise to actually pull my weight this time around, just like I have in my earlier months!

So please undo my ban, I am not ready to die just yet!

Oh, and btw, how did you guys even get screenshots from the other server? Just about none of you guys are in it!

4 years ago
It's nice that you're ready. Which Discord do you mean?

4 years ago

Digit's server. First post in weeks, and I'm being called out for prior scandal.

Anyways, I was thinking I was banned as a message to get myself together, but it's just as likely that someone just came along and thought, Well, he's been inactive for a while anyway. Free kill~

4 years ago
Listen, you may not have realized this, because you were in Hell so long and forgot most of the server, but there are actually a lot of Cystians in that server. Just look at the sidebar.
However, if you are REALLY curious, the screenshot was mine.

4 years ago

Figured. Probably how Mizal has gotten it.

Regardless, I have learned my lesson, I am ready to rejoin society!

4 years ago
I'm not sure if society wants you back.

Your reputation right now is as deep in the negatives as your points total. Maybe try making yourself useful around the site for a bit without the Discord to distract you. I'm sure your collection of lolis will be entertainment enough....

4 years ago

Random question from someone who does not regularly use discord:

Is it worth downloading the app to join this channel? Or is it more of a time suck than anything else? Not trying to be confrontational, I just have seen discord channels that were very helpful and some that are more distracting. I have not had an issue using the forums but have seen the discord mentioned often.

I like the community aspect of this site in regards to writing, idea sharing, feedback, and proofreading. If the discord is extremely helpful to writers here I want to join--if it is mostly memes and inside jokes I may not. I haven't exactly dove headfirst into "CYStia" culture. This question is just to see if the discord is something I should check out for improving story games or if it is entertainment.

Fun facts that may help provide a meaningful answer:

- I do not like waking up to 500 notifications about nothing (similar to when I am busy and finally check my phone)

- I enjoy talking and getting to know people, but am not interested in reading 500 pages of lore to understand inside jokes before joining a chat (some discord's are like that...)

- I will not be on it 24/7, just checking occasionally

- willing to review/proofread stories/poems/essays and provide feedback (and like when people return that favor), but I am not necessarily looking for a ton of would you rather type games (occasionally fun, but not looking for them constantly)

- In short of the discord would mostly fit in the "writing workshop" or "creative corner" forums I would be intrigued--if it was mostly the lounge I would be less intrigued.

I appreciate the feedbacks! 

4 years ago

It's definitely a lot closer to the lounge than the workshop or creative corner.  It's mostly a hangout.

But it's the unusual day that gets 500 posts.  Mostly it's just a place where we pal around, insult each other, talk about videogames, current events, our days, and so forth.

4 years ago
It can BECOME a time sucking black hole for sure, but that's really up to you. There are always people active to chat due to time zones and crippling insomnia and such, but most of us just have it on our phones at work or school or other places we wouldn't be able to write anyway.

I keep the main channel and several others muted when I'm busy because the white noise can get excessive, but the sanctity of writing discussion is usually respected and it's a place to get quick answers to any questions. And you're not expected to do anything more than check in at least once a week or so, since we do kick people for inactivity.

4 years ago

I appreciate the honest feed backs! If I end up downloading discord to partake I will follow the rules in the original post.

I can easily get sucked into a "time sucking black hole" so I will think about it...

4 years ago
Just to make it clear: the original name of the chat for CYS was "Procrastination."

4 years ago

Hmm...constructive or detrimental procrastination?

constructive procrastination:

An intentional delay in ones project during which useful information is gained to complete the project.

detrimental procrastination:

A delay in ones project that is either unintentional, or that is not used to gain meaningful knowledge/feedback to better the project.

this is important scientific information.

4 years ago
Either way, you're not meeting the deadline.

4 years ago

This is a fair point, but I disagree with it. Either way you are delayed; however, if you delay a day to gain information that will take two off of the total project completion time you are one day ahead. Alas, this almost never is the case. 

4 years ago
If it is "an intentional delay," I would suggest that's not procrastinating, that's effective planning.

4 years ago

Fair enough, I stand corrected, thank you for the clarifications!

4 years ago

> The server seems to alternate between quiet and absolutely chaotic. You shouldn't get any notifications unless you are pinged, though.

> There are quite a lot of inside jokes about CYS, and there are forums you might be linked to if you want to actually understand them. Most are understandable however, if not a little strange.

> Only like 3 people are on the server 24/7. Almost everyone else is on the server whenever they have a moment to spare that can't be spent writing or reading. Oh—and do make sure you spend reading/writing time reading and writing. Speaking from experience here.

>  A lot of people like to request others on the Discord to review their works, and there's actually a channel pretty much dedicated to that.

> I will not sugarcoat it—the server is like the lounge. It is where a lot of people from CYS like to hang out, and you will often see misadventures not related to reading or writing.

All in all, here's what I would say:

The CYS discord, while it is not nearly as serious as the forums, is a great place to check if you want a pointer to which stories and poems need reviewing. A lot of the humor is unique to CYS, and it may take you a while to understand it, so you're going to have to read lore in your free time, sadly. A lot of it is quite interesting, though.

All in all, I think you should get it, but you might want to mute the other channels that do not relate to reading and writing as much.

4 years ago
Also keep in mind that the above poster was in Hell nearly all the time the last few months he was there, and thus he didn't have access to most channels.

4 years ago

By choice, mind you.

Speaking of, when you join you're going to get sent to a special channel, and to actually earn your right to stay, you have to write a short story or a lengthy review.

After that, you can get sent to hell for various offenses, but the way out doesn't change; you still write a short story or a review to escape—unless you get a unique, oftentimes more painful task.

Honestly, it's a great place to ignore the distraction of the rest of the server.

4 years ago

Flash backs to my entry to the pit of shame have me worried...I have already written a short story that was commended and a reviews that have been featured though. I could probably get out of this "hell" at the cost of time on my current work.

4 years ago
Ficsean's experiences should really be disregarded, he was a uniquely shameful individual who kept putting himself in quarantine to inappropriately touch a bot until his eventual ban after being given MANY chances to redeem himself over a period of months.

Normal people and especially more established newbies like Shadowdrake who already do useful things voluntarily have nothing to worry about.

4 years ago

Why thanks, I am glad I am considered a normal and useful member of society haha.

4 years ago

Thank you for the detailed response!

4 years ago

Hey, my points were in the negatives ever since the account was created!

Fine, I'll get actual things done without the server there to distract me. I am curious what has been going on as of late though, so please do make sure to send a postcard or something!

Also—and I will argue this to the grave—they are not lolis!

4 years ago
>and I will argue this to the grave

And that's exactly what he did.

4 years ago
Whoever is responsible for the outage today should be fucked sideways with a rake.

4 years ago
Due to recent events, I have a sad and regretful announcement to make:

We have an AI Dungeon channel now. Type 'uwu I <3 Nick Walton' on arrival and the bot will let you access it.

4 years ago
Fucking hell. It's actually real.

4 years ago

I got tagged here but I can't find the post?

4 years ago

I had the same problem. They probably delated it

4 years ago
yeah I hate it when the admins delate things

4 years ago

Honestly. They're just bullying us at this point with all these post delations.

4 years ago
If you guys would not belate I'd not have time to delate.

That was a premature tagging, come back tomorrow.

10 months ago

Just stumbled upon this post. Did I find a relic of the past?

10 months ago

No.

10 months ago
No

10 months ago

You've been here for 2 years and this is the first thing you post?

10 months ago

Lot of member posts on this thread who aren't here anymore.

Most of them sucked anyway.

9 months ago

So I hear Suranna's been trying to get into the realm of the GODS. 

While rather bold and presumptuous that she's even worthy of being let in, it's understandable that a lowly peon such as herself would want in.

Still, there is some promise there despite some major failings of her character, so she may succeed in raising her lowly station. It is possible after all. Killing Ant was a good step in the right direction.

But remember no matter how high you go, I will always be doing your mom.

9 months ago

I would've held off asking for a little while, but I know Ant was allowed in, and I feel like I'm a considerable cut above her. No offense to Ant though; I personally had no qualms against her. But I'll crush under my feet who I need to in order to ascend to GODHOOD.

9 months ago
Ant was invited in by a rogue mod to troll the rest of us. He then adopted her to try and train her up into a productive member, and man, THAT sure didn't work.

Not that she's even remotely the most annoying and useless person that's been on this site, and some of the overreactions to her were funny enough to want to keep her around.

She of course then committed the ultimate sin of being boring. The contest really could've redeemed her if she hadn't flaked completely, oh well.

9 months ago

Ah, I should've figured it was something like that.

9 months ago

Anime profile pictures, and whatever Darius is don't tend to last there.

Did you see what happened to Cel?

That shit was high octane comedy.

9 months ago

Heck yeah, I like to think that my drawings are not of a generic anime style! 

- children often also don't last long if I remember. All the teenage girls (stargirl, Typecat and Ant) left over the course of months or weeks. Cel surprisingly lasted well over a year. I do wonder why.

Too bad he's also dead on the site. Last I heard of him he was planning to write some kind of slasher story with fish themes. Even coded in that stat menu thingy you only see in Price of Freedom, very high effort.

9 months ago

I think your art can be labeled as 'androgynous twink core'. 

I mean no offense. Maybe if it was coming from Dark, it would be meant in offense, though.

9 months ago
I agree with this label. I do like Darius' twink art.

9 months ago

It sounds like the discord is lacking for members...

9 months ago

Weren't you kicked out?

9 months ago
Yeah about 3 years ago. Thought it was longer, but apparently its only been 3 years

9 months ago
Kicked out about four separate times, then from a side server I was letting him linger in in a misguided act of mercy.

9 months ago
To be fair, I was kicked from the side server for apparently making an alt account that I actually never made. Though I did put myself in that position by making alts in the first place.

9 months ago
No, you were kicked because you were using the server solely as a platform to whine about your family at that point. And specifically for going on a rant about how you refused to do basic things to take care of yourself and improve your environment (like washing your own dirty clothes at 15 years old) because your mom didn't DESERVE your help. Which left Cricket gibbering with such rage that it was clearly time to end the experiment.

9 months ago
I think I recall that conversation, but I thought I got kicked at the same time as MicroPen got banned for some alt thingy. Either way, I don't really have anything to say as far as this stuff goes.

9 months ago

I was washing my own clothes when I was even younger than that. 

Please tell me you do your own laundry now. Lel.

9 months ago
I do, I also live in a dorm most of the year, so I do most everything else too. It's not hard or anything, I was just never expected to do it. I don't think this discussion was about laundry at all, because I've never been asked to do my own. I think people were splling ramen noodle juice inside the microwave and no one was cleaning it, so it was all crusty inside. And I complained about it, but didn't clean it because I didn't make the mess and it wasn't my job. I get now that doing what other people "should do" even if they should be the ones doing it is better because it improves my quality of life and is a small thing to do. But that's something that comes with maturity, the idea that you should change your behavior around others for your own sake, even if you believe it is them who should change.

9 months ago

Sometimes you have to clean, just so you can have a cleaner environment for yourself. Crusty microwaves sound disgusting. 

9 months ago

If anything there's already too many poopy lurkers in there. Though I think Madglee is in prison or currently still hiding from the cops, so his internet access might be limited.

9 months ago

Typecat left? 

9 months ago

Ant shouldn't have been there in the first place and got kicked out.

She's dead now anyway.

EDIT: Oh I missed where Mizal explained the situation.

Anyway, she's still dead.