WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

CYS Discord: Now with flying cars!

18 days ago
It's been an incredible sixteen months of writing discussion, procrastination, wholesomeness, degeneracy, heartfelt feelings, intrigue and adventure, but it's a fresh new year so let's have a fresh new invite thread! ...thanks Ford, very cool. We've managed to keep an average of 50-60 cool people active and involved in the site in there, but nobody needs that many friends, so this year standards are going to be a little more exacting. 80% of new members failed to follow the complicated rule of 'give us your site name when you join, and demonstrate signs of life once every couple of weeks', so let's add a few more steps to the process to filter out even more of the unworthy! If you wish to join, you must: 1.) be able to provide proof that you deserve to hang out with us, scum. Don't even waste my time unless you've written a detailed comment (~300 words) on a storygame in the past month. 2.) Post here in the thread that you've joined and what your Discord name is. Go ahead and include a link to your most recent review, and any other credentials. (storygames, WIPS threads, short stories or poems...) 3.) STATE YOUR SITE USERNAME UPON ENTERING THE DISCORD. (And yes you MUST have an account. I'd think that went without saying given rules #1 and #2, but...) You will be kicked if you don't do these things. Better luck next time. If you've been banned, aren't a massive faggot, and didn't go to every possible length to burn your bridges afterwards, you may submit your application for readmission here after two weeks have passed. This should take the form of a link to a recent review and a short persuasive essay. (Original art, music, and other creative means of making your case are welcome). I just want to note here that the Discord isn't for everyone, and that's fine. But no one in there should be making it the reason or replacement for their entire interest in CYS, and if that becomes too much of a problem I'll take steps to fix it. (AND I will enjoy them...) For real though, I hate seeing people like Ozoni and Wibn who were contributing pretty frequently leave after getting banned from the server, or others who weren't doing shit for the site turn around and use the Discord as a platform for creating weird drama. Nobody has some kind of natural right to be there, and the less you do on the site, the less comfy you should allow yourself to get. Anyway, the first test of your worthiness was reading all that. If everything else is in order, you may click: https://discord.gg/jzyDE47 (Server rules can be found in #byroyaldecree. It's all common sense stuff, but obviously I can't just rely on you people to have common sense...)

18 days ago
reserved

18 days ago

So I was banned for being retarded and lying about my age to seem older. The primary reason for this was because I assumed that the younger members would be made fun of more and that I wouldn't fit in as well if people knew I was 15. Well I forgot that you have to actually make your lie convincing, and didn't change my dob on CYS so Mizal quickly shut me down. My intent was not to deceive for malicious purposes, just to try to fit in more. However, breaking rules is breaking rules and Cricket banned me, understandably.

In the meantime, I've made myself somewhat useful by continuously working on my story, Halo, or Hell, no!, which has had some hiccups in its development. I've resolved to work on it every day once break is done, so I should make some decent progress on it. I have also gotten two featured comments in that time and written several others. Here is the link to one of the stories with a featured comment: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/anaria~3a-the-demon-necromancer

I've also helped Mara with her contest entry a bit, though I ran out of time to do more. I wouldn't say I did much to help her, but I did a little with the time I had. 

Overall, I think I've learned from the experience and become less retarded from it. Mizal helped by letting me know what I did wrong so that I could fix those things and not do them in the future, so I'm very grateful to her. If this appeal is accepted, I'll do my absolute best not to annoy the people of the discord as much as last time.

18 days ago
Application accepted! You have been pardoned.

18 days ago

Thank you. My discord tag is @megumeme#7883

18 days ago

So I was banned from this server around three months ago. After that happened I have done 26 reviews that are all above 300 words, and average 400. My discord is MrAce#0444. The thread with all my reviews can be found here. https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/creative-corner/message/25751

18 days ago
Against all better judgement, you have been unbanned.

18 days ago
Note: Those of you I banned in the last 20 minutes, I will graciously allow to ignore the two week waiting period.

18 days ago

:(

18 days ago
Don't you sad face me.

18 days ago

:(

18 days ago

et tu brutus?

18 days ago

fack fine i did a 300 review on 

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-very-blackwood-november

Hapyness#0486

18 days ago
I am impressed by your display of minimal participation! You're back in.

16 days ago
it's "et tu brute" you uncultured illiterate piece of shit

17 days ago

Bitched at Mara for her hack writing job over that environmental bullshit. Also, even though I'm literally talking to you as we speak, on Discord, I'm still Steve#6781.

17 days ago

Oh, is this why I was suddenly "helled"?

I published a game today.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Merlin_0x3a__Origins.aspx

In the last month, I left a comment on the following game that is over 300 words.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/woban-island

17 days ago
How did I survive I literally haven't written in two months now and never do reviews

16 days ago
Blatant favoritism

16 days ago

Did I just get banned?

16 days ago
Probably just kicked. Wasn't me this time, I swear.

16 days ago

Well I can't use the invite link

16 days ago

According to the audit log, it was indeed just a kick from our resident chaos witch.

I'll see what I can do to get you back in.

16 days ago

I'll just chill here for a bit and praise Endmaster so that hopefully she won't kick me again.

16 days ago

16 days ago

Ban revoked.

And not a moment too soon, the discord has been overrun by faggotry with the addition of Serpent and Meg. And you and Corgi being gone wasn't providing a good counter balance.

16 days ago
I regret my actions.

Or at least I would, if I didn't blame everyone else for making me ban them.

14 days ago

What's the point of a ban hammer if you can't even go on a rampage here and there?

The only regret should be waiting as long as you did. 

14 days ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/planet-mopper

Left a review on this one

Finally

14 days ago
I can already see the next headline of The End Times: Loyal Dog Sidekick Returns Home After Failed Spin-Off Series.

14 days ago

I chased a squirrel too far and got lost

Never doing that again.....probably :l

14 days ago

Ametrine#9577

The fact that I have to write 300 words for what could be said in 50 kinda makes me retch in my throat, but here you go : Link.

6 days ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/centenarian

Melody#0653

6 days ago
You jackass.

6 days ago
It....doesn't quite work that way. Nice try though.