Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

EndMaster's Myth and Religion Contest

one year ago

MYTH AND RELIGION CONTEST

Deadline: 11:59 PM (EST) October 31st (Halloween)

Reward: 72 waifus and whatever else seems fitting. You'll find out later and there probably won't be any waifus.

It's that time again. Another contest to keep you faithless slugs somewhat motivated and active as well as to gain at least a few more good stories to the coffers. (Hopefully)

The theme is myths and religion, that means for the most part taking an existing myth or religious story and making a CYOA out of it. Yes the entire contest is practically glorified fan fiction! That's what it's come to folks, Jesus Christ.

Anyway you can take tales from the Bible or various other mythology and do whatever the fuck you want with them.

You want to have the option of Moses to ignore his Jewish heritage and just take over as pharaoh? You can do that. You want to write a choice where Pontius doesn't order the crucifixion of Jesus, you can do that. You want to be a boring sack of shit like everyone else and just mangle the Greek myths for the umpteenth time, you can do that too!

It doesn't strictly have to involve god/gods. If you did something involving the Arthurian or Baba Yaga myths for example, that's also acceptable.

What you want to avoid is myths/religion from "fiction" meaning you wouldn't be able to write about the gods from D&D or something like that. Yes, this unfortunately means Cthulhu too, if anyone had something like that in mind.

Though if someone just says "Fuck you, I'm writing about cosmic horror gods anyway!" I hope you've got what it takes to impress the god that's in charge of judging this contest. Such daring could be rewarded greatly or it could just get you a trip to the SHAME pit. Who can say when dealing with abominations from beyond.

Speaking of outer space, Scientology is one you can fuck around with, so is Mormonism. In fact it might be a challenge to make those even more insane than they already are.

As usual, if I see and "loop back to the beginning" rather than proper endings, you'll be cast down with the Sodomites. Of course some of you might already be there, so you'll be cast down even lower to the tossed salad Chef.

If you're joining, post your intentions in this thread. Also when you're done writing your story, post a link to it here.

That's it for now, unless I think of something else to add or change as needed.

Good luck.

one year ago

I'm in

one year ago

Well the first entrant is from the KAE community, let's see if this one can remember to add choices.

Locked.

one year ago

one year ago

one year ago
Assuming all I need is the 25 points, I’m in.

one year ago

one year ago

Well you seem to have rolled with the wacky hijinks here so far, so looking forward to a promising story.

one year ago

I'd like to join! I'm already writing a Greek mythology based story anyways!

one year ago

one year ago

Well with that sort of handle, you could have only picked doing a Greek mythology story. Make it a good one.

one year ago

Count me in once again!

one year ago

one year ago

Good, like the enthusiasm.

one year ago

Well, I guess I'm going to not be a little bitch and am actually applying for this one. Not feeling too great though. Perhaps shame is in my future?

one year ago

one year ago

Well so far, you've scored pretty high on all the contests you've entered, so hopefully you can do it again. You're technically one of the heavier hitters that's entered so far.

one year ago

I already started a horror game based on Yiddish folklore but I am getting nowhere with it. Guess I will start another folklore based game. 

one year ago

one year ago

You're currently Double SHAMED, so you better make this one count.

one year ago

Mythology?  Sweet, count me in!  I'm busier these next few months so I probably won't write anything that detailed, but if all else fails, I'm sure I can stress-write a 2,000 word game 3 hours before the deadline.  Glory to CYS!

one year ago

one year ago

Hm, well hopefully your entry will at least be one of those "This could have won if it had only been a little larger."

one year ago

I'll join. Might be nice to put out a full story.

one year ago

one year ago

You just need to focus.

one year ago

My lazy ass wanted to revise two of my stories before the next contest came around. Didn't do so well with that, but hopefully I'll do better with this contest that I have no ideas for!

one year ago

one year ago
This may be the most CYStian post I've ever seen.

one year ago

You usually don't do too badly on these when you have a plan in mind. Hopefully that happens this time around.

one year ago
This time I'll do better.

I can use some of the ideas from Ojibwe legend I had intended for the ghost story.

one year ago

one year ago

I'm hoping to see you succeed this time.

one year ago

Contestants so far

Ford

Petros

GreekMythologyGeek

Yummyfood

Celicni

betaband

Gryphon

tmanaking

Wizzycat

Wildblue

DBNB

Axxius

Lallafa

fresh_out_the_oven

DingDongBells (KAE Interloper)

Paradox_4 (KAE Interloper)

one year ago
Behold, for I have returned.

"One path, one way to rule them all"

one year ago

Probably can't go any worse than last time.

one year ago

No guts, no glory. I'll give it a go.  See if I can learn from my mistakes from last time.

one year ago

You wrote about a magic whistle, you can certainly do this.

Locked.

one year ago
Just a tip for anyone looking to play to the judge, I happen to know that Endmaster has watched this old Ten Commandments movie like fifty times. https://archive.org/details/TheTenCommandments_201407

one year ago

Ah, Ten Commandments, classic.

one year ago

Oh, I'm joining by the way. I've been meaning to write something longer than 10k words. Though I want to make things riskier to motivate me to write better so if I can't come up with something better than the interlopers feel free to yeet me into the pit End haha.

one year ago

Well that is part of the plan. Locked.

one year ago
In the interest of making the forum less dead...

How are everyone's prompts going? Did you start or are you still in the planning phase?

I'm at 11.6K words right now. I want to do a really big story with tons of world-building and background information, and multiple varied paths (as opposed to my other two stories, which are mostly gauntlet style)... but am also simultaneously aware that I don't actually have a ton of time to write all of that right now.

I fear that the end result will be 4 quite short paths.

one year ago

Sounds like you're winning so far.

one year ago
Wait, planning?!! I knew I forgot a step!

I’ve got around 4.6k. I don’t have too much time to write at the moment (should pick up around two weeks from now assuming motivation stays high), but I’m pretty optimistic about what I’ve written so far. I’m pretty far behind my schedule, so I don’t know if it will be as long as I originally intended, but the story seems to want to stay shorter anyway.

Unfortunately, my writing style (rip and tear until it’s done) leaves me a lot of editing work, especially on commas. I tend, to, kind of, stick them everywhere, on my first draft, so, proofreading is going, to, be daunting. In short, I plan to succeed by writing faster the closer I get to the finish line, not pacing the story, and kicking my already impressive hubris up a notch.

one year ago
I have the absolute, same, problem, with commas. And I know many people shit on it and will strike me down for even recommending this, but grammarly helps me out a ton when it comes to that.

one year ago
Not gonna get any hate from me for grammarly. It’s an essential tool for comma abusers

one year ago

I guess I'm installing Grammarly then.

one year ago

Due to work, I haven't been able to write anything yet. I have the basic idea down, and am currently in the research phase.

one year ago

I plan to start at least a few days before the deadline, to be safe.

Yeah haven't had time yet.  Not even planning.  Probably going to work on it mostly during school break, and turn out something of a couple thousand words.

one year ago

Well so far I'm hearing a lot of plans to make a story based around Greek mythology.

For everyone that's doing this, I hope for your sake you're writing the next Odyssey or some shit, because such mundanity is going to be judged a lot harder for winning than someone who went with something less predictable.

one year ago
Resurrecting the thread again, because I am bored, and also because I want to see how the competition is doing.

As I said above, I very much don't have the time I want to write out what I want... So I've basically already given up on making it a very "choice-heavy" story. I've cut an entire path off, making it into a semi-gag ending. Still only halfway done so I should probably pick up the pace.

In fact, I've so little time that my writing stats look like this, plenty of "0 writing" days:

31/08/2022: 1984 words.
01/09/2022: 2779 words.
02/09/2022: 5741 words.
03/09/2022: 5814 words.
04/09/2022: 6623 words.
05/09/2022: 6623 words.
06/09/2022: 7635 words.
07/09/2022: 7635 words.
08/09/2022: 9498 words.
09/09/2022: My birthday yay! 9498 words.
10/09/2022: 9498 words.
11/09/2022: 11611 words.
12/09/2022: 11611 words.
13/09/2022: 11611 words.
14/09/2022: 11611 words.
15/09/2022: 11611 words.
16/09/2022: 12967 words.
17/09/2022: 14443 words.
18/09/2022: 14988 words.
19/09/2022: 14988 words.
20/09/2022: 14988 words.
21/09/2022: 14988 words.
22/09/2022: 14988 words.
23/09/2022: 16482 words.
24/09/2022: 16482 words.
25/09/2022: 17830 words.
26/09/2022: 18788 words.

Is anyone else not doing quite as well as they wanted?

one year ago
You’re definitely well ahead of me in terms of word count. I’ve been putting in overtime and definitely not writing, so I’ve got about eight thousand words. Plan to have nine thousand before I hit the hay. It’s going slow, painfully slow. I definitely have plenty of time to finish all the paths though.

It’s gonna be significantly shorter than I imagined, but I’m pretty sure it’s better this way. I’m also pretty sure that I’m not gonna be a force to be reckoned with in this contest.

one year ago

Cel generally always thinks he's behind everyone in these contests and he's usually got a shitload of stuff written out.

one year ago
If anyone wanted a more accurate number for their predictive models or whatever, I have written an unedited 15232 words. Glory to the Order of Warden

one year ago

You've written exactly 18788 more words than me

one year ago

F

one year ago
Persona 5 Royal is coming out on the 21st... So that's my deadline. Hence my slight panic at only being half-done, if that much.

That said, thank you for letting me know you're also not doing well... unless that's a ploy to deceive your enemy.

one year ago

Maybe public peer pressure will push me into writing.  I'll keep track of my progress here:

Sept 27:  Brainstorming
Sept 28:  Not convinced this is a real day tbh
Sept 29:  683 words
Sept 30:  1697 words - 2380 total
Oct 1:  0 :(
Oct 2:  4428 words - 6808 total
Oct 3:  0
Oct 4:  0.  Caught strep :(
Oct 5:  0
Oct 6:  0.  Yeah, okay, this worked.
Oct 7:  0
Oct 8:  0
Oct 9:  0
Oct 10:  0
Oct 11:  Okay, time to downsize.  I was planning on writing an episodic adventure story where each "episode" was a self-contained incident.  Given that I have only done work on a single episode, and only 19 days left, what I'll probably do is work on turning the single "episode" I have into a mostly self-contained game with 4ish endings.  This is probably one I'll revisit and expand on as I get more free time (ha ha).
Oct 12:
Oct 13:
Oct 14:
Oct 15:
Oct 16:
Oct 17:
Oct 18:
Oct 19:
Oct 20:
Oct 21:  Welp.
Oct 22:
Oct 23:
Oct 24:
Oct 25:
Oct 26:
Oct 27:  Finished up the first "episode" for a total of 10,214 words.  I'll see if I can find some time to edit what I have before the deadline, if not, I'll publish it as is.
Oct 28:
Oct 29:
Oct 30:
Oct 31:

one year ago
Just shamelessly copy your review of Eternal somewhere in there and you'll be well on your way!

one year ago
The public record idea sounds plausible, I'll jump on this bandwagon.

Sep 29: 1687 words
Sep 30: 297 - 1984 total
Oct 1: 0 - 1984
Oct 2: 0 - 1984, got distracted by Gryphon's Secrets of the Crag story XD
Oct 3: 1957 - 3941
Oct 4: 331 - 4372
Oct 5: 1597 - 5969
Oct 6: 914 - 6883 (ugh I wanted so much more for this one)
Oct 7: 2062 - 8946
Oct 8: 18 - 8964, yay
Oct 9: 1 (1) word - 8965 (insert excuse) I'll do better Tuesday, I'm at some fancy 
retreat center thing (there's the excuse I knew there was one)
Oct 10: 0, as predicted
Oct 11: 1033 - 9998. Though technically some of this was done a little past midnight 
for my timezone, I'm still gonna count it.

I'm realizing how unrealistic my original storygame idea is in the fact that I'm not even
halfway finished but I don't know how to downsize without scrapping the whole thing, so I'm
just gonna hope for the best here. Worst case scenario, I'll just use one of the mini stories
involved in it as the ENTIRE thing and slap on like four more endings. As is, I should be able
to do two "good" endings, with one being the expected one for actually doing what you're told
and the other one there because who wants to do what they're told. There's also a pretty bad
ending, and another bad ending that's less generic. And plenty of being able to die, but that's
irrelevant. If I write more every day than I currently am, say 3k a day instead, I may be able 
to reach the goal. Even just 3k on good days and a minimum of one thousand words a day should 
be fine. Shit, I've written more words in this edit than I have on the storygame today. So, 
this is just here in case anyone cared for an actual update. I don't have a definite end goal
in mind as far as word count goes, but seeing as I've roughly completed only two and a half 
segments of a thirteen piece story (for the main route, I've nearly finished a shorter side 
route), I'm going to need at least 25000 more words. Which I'm aware that some people are 
capable of writing in a day (looking at you Mystic_Warrior), but that is not me, unless you
want the word equivalent of diarrhea and even then it might just be 10k. Thus ends my
procrastination paragraph. Surprised you actually read all this.

Oct 12: 1028 - 11026
Oct 13: honestly I don't remember I''ll just add it to the 14th's
Oct 14: 614 - 11640 ACKKK I'll make up for it over the weekend I swear!!!
Oct 15: 1836 - 13476, decently productive. Hoping tomorrow will be even more so.
Oct 16: 610 - 14086 but I shattered my laptop so that's fun
Oct 17: 100 - 14186 but I wrote more than some other people. Typing on my phone is substantially
less satisfying. I must buy a new laptop ASAP
Oct 18: I hate phones and most importantly, writing with them. Baked cookies though
Oct 19: 1100 - 15286 I got a laptop. Tomorrow better be really good...
Oct 20: 1110 - 16396 FINISHED ALL OF THE THIRD MAIN PLOT POINT YESSIRRR (only a very quickly
done nine and a half to go. They're going a lot faster after the first one, shouldn't be too
much of a problem. But it'll be a tad rushed sorry)
Oct 21: 1757 - 18153 today was good
Oct 22: 1581 - 19734 today was supposed to be better
Oct 23: 221 - 19955 went into town to do some shopping today so was busy
Oct 24: 1416 - 21317 pretty good. Wish I'd been this productive back when I had time to spare.
Oct 25: my birthday!!! yay. I should still write though- hahaha... fuck.
Oct 26: 458 - 21775 really rushed the segment I was supposed to work on yesterday. There's 
really no choices in that part anymore, but it's fine I mean it's not like the whole story's
that way at all no... there ARE choices and two real endings, if not really a whole seperate
branch for that. Whatever, as long as it's a story it's fine right... I feel like SHIT today 
if I go home from school I might type more but arghhh... I've decided to get rid of one of the
longer segments and replace it with a kind of short recap I guess, and I wrote ending no. 1
just not the path up to it completely. So it's gonna be easier to finish at least 
Oct 27: 229 - 22004 okay this sucks, and I'm not sure how much I'll be allowed to have my 
laptop over the weekend (three day weekend and my family wants to do family stuff)
Oct 28, Oct 29, Oct 30, Oct 31: a shit ton I'm not counting it

one year ago

In order to encourage cel and help him feel a nice sense of accomplishment, here's my writing stats for comparison:

31/08/2022: 0 words.
01/09/2022: 0words.
02/09/2022: 0words.
03/09/2022: 0 words.
04/09/2022: 0words.
05/09/2022: 0words.
06/09/2022: 0words.
07/09/2022: 0words.
08/09/2022: 0 words.
09/09/2022: 0 words. But happy birthday to Cel
10/09/2022: 0 words.
11/09/2022: 0 words.
12/09/2022: 0 words.
13/09/2022: 0 words.
14/09/2022: 0 words.
15/09/2022: 0 words.
16/09/2022: 0 words.
17/09/2022: 0 words.
18/09/2022: 0 words.
19/09/2022: 0 words.
20/09/2022: 0 words.
21/09/2022: 0 words.
22/09/2022: 0 words.
23/09/2022: 0 words.
24/09/2022: 0 words. And a very happy birthday to Mizal - If I can find a little time, I will attempt her birthday prompt
25/09/2022: 0 words.
26/09/2022: 0 words.

I do however have a plan beginning to form. So I should be able to provide something decent by the deadline.

I will NOT be trying to revisit any Greek mythology for fear of Endmaster and being cast into the pit of eternal shame.

EDIT:

10/19/2022 - 12 Days left - 0 Total words.  Think it's about time I get started.

10/24/2022 - OK,  - still 0 words - now for real, I should write something today.

one year ago
Posting the new stats, cause my old post was edit locked. Please don't reply.

31/08/2022: 1984 words.
01/09/2022: 2779 words.
02/09/2022: 5741 words.
03/09/2022: 5814 words.
04/09/2022: 6623 words.
05/09/2022: 6623 words.
06/09/2022: 7635 words.
07/09/2022: 7635 words.
08/09/2022: 9498 words.
09/09/2022: My birthday yay! 9498 words.
10/09/2022: 9498 words.
11/09/2022: 11611 words.
12/09/2022: 11611 words.
13/09/2022: 11611 words.
14/09/2022: 11611 words.
15/09/2022: 11611 words.
16/09/2022: 12967 words.
17/09/2022: 14443 words.
18/09/2022: 14988 words.
19/09/2022: 14988 words.
20/09/2022: 14988 words.
21/09/2022: 14988 words.
22/09/2022: 14988 words.
23/09/2022: 16482 words.
24/09/2022: 16482 words.
25/09/2022: 17830 words.
26/09/2022: 18788 words.
27/09/2022: 18788 words.
28/09/2022: 18788 words.
29/09/2022: 19179 words.
30/09/2022: 19179 words.
01/10/2022: 19179 words.
02/10/2022: 20174 words.
03/10/2022: 20741 words + editing Vincha.
04/10/2022: 20741 words + still editing Vincha.
05/10/2022: 20741 words, but at least I finished editing Vincha.
06/10/2022: 20741 words, but I had a REALLY shitty day at work and couldn't write :(
07/10/2022: 20741 words, and I should really fucking continue writing.
08/10/2022: 24079 words. Woohoo, got a lot of writing done today, and may still do more!
09/10/2022: 24521 words, and half of those 500-ish were copy pasted and slightly changed from another path...
10/10/2022: 24521 words. Played some Elden Ring instead.
11/10/2022: 26095 words, and I wrote the most hilarious ending.
12/10/2022: 26095 words.
13/10/2022: 26100 words. Just did a minor edit. Gonna write more... tomorrow!
Also, to join in with Gryphon and fresh_out_the_oven... my story is going to be downsized as well. Though I already decided on that like two weeks ago. Basically cut the length of the story in half, the entire separate "branch" that was supposed to be there is now just Ending 1. And I get the feeling a lot of people are going to get that one... Planning on 35-40K words by the end, but it was originally supposed to be a 60K word novel, which is why there are a lot more "lore/worldbuilding" links than would be expected for such a short story. I still hope you guys enjoy :)
14/10/2022: 26100 words.
15/10/2022: 28259 words. Today was a productive day. I was planning to finish all of the "non-designated" endings tonight, but got a bout of inspiration and expanded a scene that was supposed to be pretty short. Should hopefully finish those tomorrow, and then all that's left are the three "main/non-joke/serious" endings. And then comes the proofreading...
16/10/2022: 30071 words. Officially finished with all the death endings. Now on to finish the actual main path.
17/10/2022: 30071 words. Uh... today was supposed to be productive. Ended up playing Cuphead instead, but at least I managed to 100% it in 15 hours, so I did something. At this pace I'm going to have to... push past my unofficial deadline. Poor Persona :(
18/10/2022: 30071 words. Just some light proofreading.
19/10/2022: 31203 words.
20/10/2022: 32495 words. I am so not making it by tomorrow. Fuck, I may not make it by the actual deadline.
21/10/2022: 32495 words. PERSONA 5 ROYAL RELEASE DATE aka deadline for writing. Yeah... this did not work... going to go over my personal deadline.
================ the separator of shame ================
22/10/2022: 32495 words. I am feeling very ashamed :(
23/10/2022: 33445 words. Finally wrote something today. Gonna have to up the pace by a lot. Still 4 endings left, and then I gotta proofread.
24/10/2022: 33445 words.
25/10/2022: 35242 words. Last-minute panic is doing its job. I'm not quite satisfied with these words I wrote today, but at least I'll finish the story.
26/10/2022: 35242 words.
27/10/2022: 35242 words.
28/10/2022: 38472 words. Finished off two endings... kind of. Really gotta fix them up later. Proofreading will be 0.
29/10/2022: 40716 words, but it includes me adding the author's notes which is basically just free words, so it sounds more impressive than it is.
30/10/2022: 41539 words. Finished the epilogue. Only one ending left, and I already wrote down a gag version of it, just in case I don't finish in time. Fuck I hope I get to proofread at least a little bit.
31/10/2022: 44000 words exactly. Fuck proofreading, that shit's for faggots anyway. Just type it right the first time.

one year ago

Sitting at an even 3600 words right now. Fortunately, I finally broke up so I can focus on writing!

one year ago

You make me feel infinitely better about myself and my non-organized and very undisciplined writing habits

one year ago
About time Wizzy made a girl feel good.

one year ago

lol

one year ago
I wrote 12 words today. Total wordcount : 69.

one year ago

Ha, I wrote no words today and I have 95 total! Get shit on kid.

one year ago
Goddamn.....

one year ago

I wrote nothing today, bringing me to 6 whole words! Luckily, I have a totally valid excuse for not being able to write anything that is totally not work, YouTube, and overall procrastination.

one year ago

I'll give it a go.

one year ago

Locked.

Certainly hope you follow through this time, you're currently double SHAMED.

one year ago

Hiya, count me in! I've got an idea for this one.

one year ago

one year ago

Just a reminder of who is in this thing. Some of these people have already disappeared. Time will tell if they actually pop up again at the last minute as has been the case for some in the past. (Or not, which has been more of the case in the past)

Contestants so far

Ford

Petros

GreekMythologyGeek

Yummyfood

Celicni

betaband

Gryphon

tmanaking

Wizzycat

Wildblue

DBNB

Axxius

Lallafa

fresh_out_the_oven

DingDongBells (KAE Interloper)

Paradox_4 (KAE Interloper)

one year ago
Interesting, very interesting.

one year ago

10 more days folks.

one year ago
Persona 5 is officially out and I still have 4 more endings to do...

Fuck.

Hope everyone else is doing better.

one year ago

I'm doing great actually :p
Course mine's a lot shorter
But you totally got this!! Just focus for a tiny bit, Persona will STILL be there when you're done

one year ago
I plan to have a total of around 10K words among those 4 endings. So uh... yeah.

one year ago

Make a goal of how many words a day you're gonna write- if it's ten thousand words you need, and ten days to do it, then one thousand words a day. Then don't let yourself do anything else until that's done.

Not that you need MY advice

one year ago
That's a wonderful thought and all...

...Until 'tomorrow Peng' volunteers to take 'today Peng's 1000 words, how nice of him.

one year ago
Kill tomorrow Peng. He’s an imposter and saboteur!

one year ago
I'll have to wait until tomorrow, when he shows up again.

one year ago

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

one year ago

I agree fully but I only have about 1/4th of the first page done so far. I'm going to shut up and work now.

Yet again I do have 10 more days...

one year ago

I thought I was procrastinating a lot...

one year ago
Clearly you haven't met me with my struggles to irk out more than 1000 words for each "brilliant" idea for the past... year or so.

one year ago

Oh my... well good luck nonetheless 

one year ago

Y'all need more help than I can give you

one year ago
Well, it's an estimate. I don't have a set goal in mind of how many words in total I want to have at the very end. I definitely wanna do it properly though.

I did straight up take a vacation from work to ensure I can play Persona as much as I want, so I'll probably be able to do it by the actual deadline...

Don't think forcing myself to write would work either, though. If you gotta force it, it's shit. Some days I'll write a lot. Some days it's not so good. Some days I'll plan to not write at all, and then boom I get inspiration to expand a short scene. It's all... in the mood.

Hell, I wrote fucking Vincha in 2 days and that was like 23K words. The more fun you have writing, the more you're gonna write, has been my experience with it.

one year ago

Ah. I like to make sure I get something written every day, because if I get out of the habit I won't do it at all. Usually once I get started it's easy to get into the swing of it and I start to enjoy myself, but initially I'd rather do anything else

one year ago

Might as well put your all into it now and use Persona 5 as your reward.

one year ago
I’m done with the part where I have to “respect the source material” and stuff, so I’m about to panic vomit the rest of my story as quick as possible and then pretend that I edited it a little.

one year ago
Holt shit, bought instantly. Love p5.

one year ago
I would like to join.

one year ago

one year ago

This is gotta be a joke. Lol.

one year ago
Well I did the same thing that one time... Even though I didn't actually mean to join and then Mara volunteered me.

one year ago

I mean that's definitely happened before, but any name with "cat" or catlike tends to always be an account viewed with some suspicion.

one year ago

Contestants so far

Ford DONE

Petros DONE

GreekMythologyGeek SHAMED

Yummyfood DONE

Celicni DONE

betaband DONE

Gryphon DONE

tmanaking SHAMED

Wizzycat SHAMED (Lol)

Wildblue SHAMED

DBNB DONE

Axxius DONE

Lallafa SHAMED

fresh_out_the_oven DONE

TypewriterCat DONE

DingDongBells (KAE Interloper) SHAMED (More Lols)

Paradox_4 (KAE Interloper) DONE

one year ago

Just one week left y'all! How are all of your stories coming along?

Has the panic set in yet?

one year ago

Almost! I find panic to be a great motivator and part of the creative process.

one year ago

The panic has set in fully. I wanted to make an actually good story for this contest, let's see if that's still possible.

one year ago

It's still possible. Only further procrastination will seal your fate

one year ago

Pssshhh.... not yet. I still have a couple days. Ill be up 48 hours the last two days trying to get things done decently, but there is still time to procrastinate

one year ago

True.  Deadline is not for one whole week.

one year ago
Honestly, I’m satisfied as long as I do better than you. Gotta prove who the Alpha Newb is

one year ago

Oh, the challenge is so on. My motivation is now renewed

one year ago
The panic has set in VERY much. The story will be a mere shell of what I originally intended. And Persona ain't helping. Put in 30 hours so far.

one year ago

6 Days Left!

Since this Contest is Ends Myth and RELIGION Contest, I thought I'd point out that in Genesis God completed all of creation in 6 days. 

Even starting now, we should be able to complete a simple CYOA in 6 days.

one year ago

That's a good point. We'll see how your theory pans out lol

one year ago

Oh, folks will undoubtedly be thrown into the SHAME pit.  But it's their own stupid fault for being extra lazy.

one year ago
In the beginning, God planned to create the Earth. And the Lord said, “Eh, I’ve still got a few days until my deadline.”

one year ago

Explains why the plot started out pretty chill then turned into an absolute shit piece of rushwork

one year ago

Well, I think that the framework and setup were great.  But after the break on day 7, all the new characters went off script and chose to take it in a different direction. 

one year ago

lol

one year ago

I mean Cel almost managed to win a contest with a story he wrote in 2 days, so you could easily still write something good in 6.

one year ago

Pretty sure Cel's a superior race ngl

His only weakness is Persona

one year ago
Superior race lmao

@Celicni You hear that? That's a first.

one year ago
Isn’t he a Slav?

one year ago

Yeah he's Serbian.

one year ago
Finally somebody acknowledges the Serbian superiority.

one year ago

5 days left.

one year ago

Countdown to doom.

one year ago

Countdown to poo (I ain't shittin til this contest story is done)

one year ago

Nice! That's dedication!  Of course it follows that this proves Wizzy is full of crap.  (At least until he publishes)

one year ago
What is it with you and shitting?

one year ago

I regret my life decisions.
However, this reminder has... well, reminded me that I don't have time to skip a day anymore.

one year ago
I can hear the clock ticking... God damn I gotta finish this story up.

one year ago

4 days left

one year ago

I suppose I should actually start working...

one year ago
Funny

one year ago

Nah.  You still got about 86 hours.  No worries.

one year ago
Even more funny

one year ago
In true CYS fashion, I'm starting Soon™

one year ago
@endmaster

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/The%20Sins%20of%20our%20Fathers%20-%20part%201.aspx

one year ago

one year ago
Thanks

one year ago

What on earth? You still have over 3 days to complete it further.  Why put up an incomplete story early? I mean, I get it if you run to the deadline or even the last day.  But surely you could have squeezed an hour or two over the weekend to write something to bring it closer to completion.

"it is nowhere near complete, but i feel i have made an effort to present something that will not be a total loss of your time."

one year ago

Well it is more time for me to procrastinate and see what I'm up against.

one year ago
Working on it further entailed writing parts that wouldn't have been finished in time, then they would need to be soellchecked and coded in. Better to stop here than do a total blunder. I can always add those parts to part 2

one year ago
Oh, the irony of "soellchecked".

one year ago

lol, 

Yeah, I need to make sure I soellcheck my document

one year ago

SOMEONE'S DONE ALREADY Jesus

one year ago
It's not "someone". It's Paradox. He's kinda infamous around here. For turning in a story with 0 choices previously.

This time he turned in an incomplete one which the minimum site requirements state not to do.

one year ago

Well that makes sense, in a way, sort of.

However, it might be a good idea not to advertise "unfinished" in the description. Just close off all the dead endings and have it make sense.  I have not read your story yet, but with this in the description I will always be looking at it as a partial story.

one year ago

The first two choice links are labeled wrong lol

one year ago
I completely forgot about this. D:

one year ago
You can still make it... probably.

one year ago

77 hours! Plenty of time. 

im guessing Ford and Yummy haven't really started yet either but they will have something completed.

one year ago

Looks like I'm word vomiting out my story. Let's see if I can get anything done within two days. 

one year ago

3 days left.

one year ago
Might be the scariest Halloween in their life for some.

one year ago

2 days left.

one year ago

Still haven't written anything, but plan to finish the entire story within today. Shouldn't be too hard. 

one year ago
Given the other member's fuckup, the reputation of the entire KAE community rests on your shoulders.

No pressure.

one year ago

Fully expecting Bells to do what Para did last time and say, "Finished! Shit... I fucked up..."

one year ago
LETS GO BELLS, YOU FUCKING BIG BLOODY BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!

one year ago

Shouldn't be too hard, you said?

one year ago

Well, here it is:  The Sea of Legends

Definitely the shortest thing I've ever written on this site, at 10,214 words.  Currently it has 3 different victory endings, and is cave-of-time style with no re-branching.  I do plan on revisiting this eventually and adding a lot more "episodes" that will take place after this one, but it's a complete story as it is now.

one year ago
Nice one, Gryphon.

one year ago

1 day left

one year ago
time to get started

one year ago
Celicni would be submitting today i think with his ginormous story.

one year ago

I'll write as much as I can and whatever I don't get to I'll cut off

one year ago

one year ago
Quite a lengthy one. Time to see if the quality is up to par.

Gotta say, the maturity level is probably not exact. I think the description alone raises it a bit, given murder and being blinded.

one year ago

Well, I don't think I have any dead end pages.  And it's not exactly linear.

As for the maturity, perhaps you are right but it's based on a Bible story kids get in Sunday School so I wasn't sure.

one year ago
Still have to finish off that one damn ending...

But assuming I don't get hit by another car, I won't be getting shamed.

one year ago

Don't tempt fate Cel

one year ago
Damn. I'm crossing the street literally as I'm typ

one year ago

Lmao

One less story to go up against...

one year ago

He still managed to hit "post message" though.  I admire the dedication

one year ago

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-city-and-the-tower

Life really me hit like a train in the past few months. Only got to finish about half of what I had planned for this story but in the interest of not being triple shamed I will have to submit what I have. Loosly based on the Tower of Babel myth.

I will try and finish the rest of the story during Chinese New Year because that is when I will have time off.

one year ago

Less than 6 hours left

one year ago

Finally, time to start writing

But really, why bother fighting

I will not throw a fit

I know I'm going to the pit

Why oh why procrastination

Could you not have been dedication

Here I am apon my knees

Writer's block, have mercy, please!

Goodbye, my friends, I'll miss you all

And do not feel pity when I fall

When writhing hands drag me down further

You won't hear me cry or murmur

For to me, this future was fortold

From my last brain cell, crippled and old

one year ago

F

one year ago
That's what you get for betting on Ford.

one year ago

This just makes me sad.  I was pulling for you to get something in.

one year ago

The Gods are Angered
I was actually procrastinating just the simple action of pushing "publish" for way longer than I should've. Didn't have a whole bunch of time to proofread and I'm not going to have any time at all past right now so this is it in all its shortened glory.

At least it's not shame (assuming it maintains a decent rating).

one year ago
25K words from a new member. Nice.

one year ago

Well I just realized I forgot to change the twelve in the description to seven after I shortened it so... maybe not so nice

If I missed that, how much else did I miss...

one year ago
It happens. I almost submitted just now, while this was written on one of the pages:

[insert fight scene where you get the upper hand here, I'm tired]

one year ago
My story: https://chooseyourstory.com/story/prophetess

I hope it turned out decent enough not to be removed from the site.

A question, I forgot to edit the description. If I unpublished, edited it, then republished, would it be disqualified from the contest?

one year ago
You would definitely be disqualified, so do not do that. You can do it after the judging is finished. Shouldn't take too long.

I'm glad you pulled through, though.

one year ago

Yes!!! I knew you could do it!

Made it a clicky link for ya

one year ago

Less than 3 hours to go.

one year ago

Well, here it is.

Slavic Pagans.

Proofreading is for bitches, real men type it correctly the first time around.

This was meant to be a sprawling epic, with a ton of branching, but that got axed pretty early on once I saw how little time I was going to have. Barely got this out anyway.

An entire branch, which was meant to be as long as the main one, got axed into being Ending 1.

I still hope you guys enjoy :)

one year ago

one year ago
Wrath of the Edomite I hope the description isn’t taken into consideration, cause I butchered that.

one year ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, gather around

Please don't make those booing sounds

I know I said I'd end up in the pit

But here I present my pile of ####

one year ago

Now I know what you'll say

I know it sucks, okay!

And if it brings me into the pit anyway

At least I did something today

one year ago

It better not be written entirely in couplets...

one year ago

To say that it's not is entirely my pleasure

That would be far too much effort to measure

Now I must eat my macaroni and cheddar

It might make my horrible Rhyme's Disease better

one year ago

I hope to God the pasta works
And does not make this rhyming worse
It's so tiring writing in verse
Hopefully the mac can cure your curse

one year ago

At least it's something.

Better than no attempt at all

one year ago

Speaking of no attempt O_o

one year ago

What do you mean? I published mine earlier today.

one year ago

I was going to ask the same question in rhyme

But i couldn't really find the time.

one year ago

Oh sorry I didn't see that

one year ago

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/children-of-cain Well hell, I did it. I could've done more with this, but I didn't so it's my own fault. Happy Halloween everyone except for the shamed which we should know in a couple of hours.

one year ago
I just had such a cool Halloween. What did all of you do today?

...ohhhhh, desperately scrambling to finish a contest story. I mean, I'm sure that's fun too.

one year ago

Less than 20 minutes left.

Pretty sure the ONLY person who might still submit something is Wizzy at this point, and his internet is currently fucked lol.

one year ago

That's TIME and everyone else is SHAMED!

one year ago

:)

one year ago

L bozo (except I'm the bozo)

one year ago
Congrats to all that had an entry this time around, look forward to checking them out!

I offer my condolences to those who didn't.

one year ago

Alright it'll take a bit for Sherbet to read these, but he'll get back to me with his results and then we can announce the winner.

In the meantime go read Tales From the Basement 2!

one year ago

one year ago

Not only is he the unofficial judge, he is also the official judge.

one year ago

Glad we can finally post in this thread without being entered into the contest.

End collects 6 souls this halloween, along with releasing a new storygame! Can't wait to read it. Also, well done to everyone who made it, and SHAME to the...well, shamed.

This has one of the largest new-members submission rate I've seen for a while, and also probably the biggest number of minor errors, so may this serve as a cautionary tale for all those who dare enter the perilious realms of a writing contest. Beware of the unspoken rules, with their devilious tricks to ensnare your soul!

1. An entry unpublished before the judging is over—even if the intention is to fix a minor error and republish almost instantly—will toss your story into the graveyard of mourning and despair.

2. Incomplete entries teeter on the edge of the abyss; blood sacrifices to CYStia always requires a certain quality.

3. Lest you wish to be forever haunted by the ghosts of your mistakes, double-check your description and test your choices. Errors lurk in the shadows where carelessness resides.

4. Pay close attention to the ominous, ticking clock, signalling when death's hour and judgement day would arrive. Don't rush towards the haunted castle like a headless fool when time is on your side, but don't linger too long in the inescapable darkness either. 

5. If you wish to survive, set aside a blank storygame beforehand. It is much easier to bury the carcass of a once-brilliant storygame idea in a previously-dug grave than to dig a new one on halloween, while the spirits of procrastination conspire to plot your downfall. 

To the souls we've lost, watch where you tread as you enter the Pit. Don't go stepping on the bodies of the undead. 

one year ago

I wholeheartedly agree with all these points, especially the last one. Hits a little too close to home today :(

But also, make sure you listen to Mystic, since she is a certified contest winner, and an even more certified megawriter