Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

[Point Rewards] Draw My Attention 4

9 years ago

There are many automated ways to get points (duels, storygames, daily points, articles, etc.) but I also try to give points out for other forms of contributions. Currently, I'm trying to give points out for:

Having a comment featured (2 points)
Contributing excellent aid in the advenced editor forum (Variable Points)

But, I'm a busy guy and it's pretty tough to keep track of everything that's happening, so I'm also giving points out for the following:

Recommending a comment for featuring (1 point)
Recommending a user's excellent aid in the last six months for points (1 point)
Recommending a tag change for a storygame (1 point)
Recommending a storygame for movement to a different category (1 point)
Recommending a storygame for a change in maturity level or difficulty level (1 point for each)
Recommending a storygame for featuring (1 point)
Recommending a storygame for unpublishing (1 point)
Recommending a comment for deletion (1 point)

So, in other words, if you go, right now, and find 5 storygames which are not properly tagged (there are literally dozens of these out there), then you'll get 5 points.

The catch: to get points for recommending something, I have to agree with you. If you recommend a story for featuring and I don't feature it, then you don't get the points. This is to prevent people from gaming the system. Don't worry, for most of the above reccomendations, you won't get rejected often if you follow proper procedure.

However, you need to follow the correct procedure to get your points!

Recommending a comment for featuring:

Reply to THIS thread to THIS post with:
- A hyperlink to the storygame
- The comment that you think deserves featuring (copy and paste it)
- The username of the person who wrote the comment (doesn't have to be the exact username, just enough so I understand who it is)
- If there are already 3 featured comments on the storygame, you also have to let me know whose comment you think should be replaced.
- If I agree, you will get 1 point and the person whose comment is featured will get 2 points. If you are reccomending your own comment, then you only get 2 points.

Recommending a comment for deletion:

- A hyperlink to the storygame
- The comment that you think deserves deletion (copy and paste it)
- The username of the person who wrote the comment (doesn't have to be the exact username, just enough so I understand who it is)

It has to either have spammy punctuation, flame the author, be completely incomprehensible, be a duplicate comment, or not actually be a comment (such as "..." or "poop" or something).

Note: Do not recommend comments on Endmaster's or madglee's games for deletion unless they are spammy or deformed. Basically, Endmaster and madglee like to read their flamers so don't rob them of that.

Recommending a user's aid in the advanced editor (post must be made in the last 6 months)

- The user who provided the aid
- A hyperlink to the post where he provided the aid

Recommending a tag change for a storygame

- All of the tags you believe the story should have

Recommending a category change for a storygame

- The category you believe it should be in
- A short explanation of why

Recommending a change in maturity or difficulty level for a storygame

- The change you think should be made

Recommending a storygame for featuring

Use http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/11750

Recommending a forum thread for deletion

- A hyperlink to the thread
- A short rationale for why

Recommending a storygame for unpublishing

- A short explanation of why [specifically, you must describe how it fails to meet minimum site standards]

If you don't follow protocol, either there will be no negative repercussions, you will be ignored, or I'll take your advice and not reward you with points. Following protocol expedites the process for me so I don't have to spend a lot of time making changes.

To summarize: post here (for the most part) with recommendations for who I should reward / what I should change and I'll reward you with points.

Thank you! Happy Hunting!

9 years ago

"Recommending comment for deletion"

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/tv-show~3a-madness-of-seal

LOL

-- FeatheroftheSky on 1/3/2013 8:14:25 AM

(Not really a comment.)

9 years ago

Agreed!

9 years ago

@nmelssx

I assume you want that deleated, if so, you should make it clear what you want. "Recommending comment for deletion" should suffice.

9 years ago

No. I wanted to recommend the comment for featuring. xD

9 years ago

Thanks!

9 years ago

Recommending Comments for featuring:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/trapped-inside-the-tower-of-hanoi

Wow, you have done a great job scripting this! I honestly wonder how much work went into making this. However, despite the fact that your game is a great example of how to use the advanced editor to its fullest, I don't really think that the CYS story format is suitable for this kind of puzzle.

I liked the way you used zeroes to visualize the position of the disks and I think that that is the best way to do that using only text. However, this puzzle format is available on almost any puzzle/gaming site on the internet, in much more streamlined and clearer format.

The story itself feels kinda meh-ish. I like the 'solve the puzzle or die' aspect, but the rest of it feels underdeveloped and expendable. This is of course, only logical as the central aspect of the game is the puzzle part.

So, to conclude my comment: I think it's fantastic that you made this using the editor, but I feel like CYS isn't exactly the best site to publish a Tower of Hanoi game. I've given it a 4/8

Comment left by Romulus.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/trapped-inside-the-tower-of-hanoi

Before I say anything else, I have to congratulate nmelssx on an amazing job scripting this. I didn't even think it was possible to make this kind of game with the advanced editor. There was a minor glitch at my 20th move that kept killing me when I tried to place the disk down, but other than that, the entire game was smooth and flawless. I can't even being to imagine how much effort it took to get this up and running.

It's a very interesting idea for a puzzle, though if you plan on integrating it into a game, you might want to lower the number of disks to four because that's about as long as it takes for someone to get the hang of it.

That being said, why would I be playing a puzzle game I can find on any elementary math game website here? 

Comment left by the_quiller

9 years ago

Agreed!

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/reanimation~2e

AND MADAGASCAR STILL MANAGES TO LOCK DOWN FIRST!!!

-- CovElite on 3/27/2012 10:50:42 AM

I'm not sure if I missed something or this post makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

9 years ago

I know CovElite's username so I'm going to assume that this comment is relevant to the storygame.

9 years ago

Can people get point deductions from rating unpublished games now? 

9 years ago

A warning first, but yeah. Where did you see it?

9 years ago

Worst Storygame ever and Attack on titans! are both currently unpublished, I don't think they were published recently either. Should I PM you if I see someone else do this or should I say here next time?

http://chooseyourstory.com/user/points?username=coins

8/3/2014 1

Rate Game Worst storygame ever

7/21/2014 1 Rate Game Attack on titans!

9 years ago

@JJJ- thebanisher

9 years ago

Coins, stop rating unpublished storygames.

9 years ago

You can PM me because this could incite some people to be mad at you.

9 years ago

I'm not mad...

9 years ago

could

9 years ago

Attack on Titans! Was published and then unpublished.

The problem with reporting these is that the reporter should really make sure he isn't making a false accusation. :P

9 years ago
Does it count if Berka rates all the unpublished storygames? xD

9 years ago

He shouldn't do that.

9 years ago
I've known for a few months, but I wasn't going to tattle without someone mentioning rating unpublished storygames first :s I think it feels wrong a bit intimidating to shame people above me.

9 years ago

You know, I do that accidentally sometimes. I'm looking at the list of comments recently left, and if I see a game I don't recognize, I'll just click the link over to it & play it. Occasionally it turns out to have been an unpublished game whose author left a comment on it for some reason.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-devil's-fire

Republish this featured game. It was taken down for corrections, but the writer disappeared. Game is still great. 

9 years ago

Agreed. Decided to unfeature JFP.

9 years ago

No disagreement there. 

9 years ago

Recommending comment for featuring:

Well, that was... interesting... To be honest I don't quite know what to think about this story, though I have the feeling that a cat is creeping up at me as I'm writing this. The writing in general was great, but shortness of each scene and the random, random randomness to me make it feel like a bad game.

I think this is mostly because of the rapid fire of completely different, short stories you fire at the reader. This has the kind of confusing, estranging effect on the reader.

I'd say take the individual scenes and turn them into full stories, cause some of them were very decent.

I've given it a 4/8, mostly because I really am still trying to figure out what I've just read... 

Comment left by Romulus

9 years ago

The Dreamcage

Always remember the links.

9 years ago

Thank you, Danaos. Sorry about that, 3J.

9 years ago

Thanks!

9 years ago

This comment is sort of awkward to read. I don't think it's feature-worthy because it's not well written enough. Also, please remember to hyperlink the comment.

9 years ago

Okay. I'll be back, then.

9 years ago

Recommending a category change for a storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-hunt-for-grandpa-simpson

Fan Fiction

Based off of 'The Simpsons'

Recommending a tag change for a storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cats~3a-adventure

This is not an RPG.

9 years ago

Done! Agreed on both.

9 years ago

Recommending a tag change

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-dreamcage

*Humor

The tag "Serious" should be removed. The game was not serious in the least. It was just a bunch of random references to youtube videos. Granted, there is a touch of solace when you are forced to decapitate a kitten, but that was about it.

9 years ago

Agreed!

9 years ago

@jamescoker1226

Remember to list what tags you want to be kept above your explanation.*

"*Humor

The tag "Serious" should be removed. The game already has a "Humor" tag and the game was not serious in the least. It was just a bunch of random references to youtube videos. Granted, there is a touch of solace when you are forced to decapitate a kitten, but that was about it."

9 years ago

Alright. I fixed it, I believe. Thanks. I haven't recommended a tag change before.

9 years ago

Just write it like this.

"Recommending a tag change

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-dreamcage

Humor

The tag "Serious" should be removed. The game already has a "Humor" tag and the game was not serious in the least. It was just a bunch of random references to youtube videos. Granted, there is a touch of solace when you are forced to decapitate a kitten, but that was about it."

9 years ago

Thanks!

9 years ago
Recommended tags for storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/invigilate-
+Geared for Extremists
+War
+Puzzle
+RPG

9 years ago

I don't think it's geared for extremists or an RPG, really. Puzzle and War, I agree with. (GFE is for Love SICK type games)

9 years ago

How do you post a regular link address on here anyway?

I mean I know how to make a clicky link in text, but how do you just post the clicky address?

9 years ago

I thought you just had to drag the link from another window or copy-pasta it in some browser.

9 years ago

Sorry, what exactly do you mean?

9 years ago

I already figured it out in my testing thread.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cats-the-second-demo

This is not as bad as I expected it to be, though knowing the average WC story on this site, those expectations weren't very high. The writing was somewhat decent, though I'd advice you to flesh out the story some more. Five sentences per page doesn't make for a very pleasant read and makes the story feel kinda rushed and the pacing feel too fast. 

Furthermore, this still technically being a choose-your-own-adventure site, I'd also would have liked to see some real choices that actually mattered for the outcome of the story. The only real choice in the whole story that changes anything at all is the last on, even though I believe that 'You made the wrong choice, game over' isn't much of a story-changer. (Btw, please don't add such a page in a story again, ever, it is really bad writing and will kill any remnants of suspense.) 

I've decided to give your story a 2/8, the somewhat decent writing persuaded me to give you a point higher than the absolute lowest. However, the fact that there are no real choices in your story and the fact that this is an unfinished demo are still making me question that decision. 

I do, however, believe that you will be able to write a better story if you take the advice given to you in the comments and look at some of the better rated games for examples of good writing. So good luck writing! 

-- Romulus on 8/6/2014 7:09:51 PM

'Tis a very good comment, it gives some advice and comments in detail about the story. He did make one spelling mistake but it doesn't seem to detract from the comment.

Recommending a category change for a storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/breath-of-fire

Fan Fiction

This is based off of "Breath of Fire 2".

9 years ago

That story should be unpublished for being just a demo.

9 years ago

Wasn't a good one either, let it stay though.

9 years ago

No. She should either make the whole thing and publish it or just have people test the storygame. I find it annoying when I see "demo" in the title of a published storygame. Publish = finished.

9 years ago
The word "Demo" is a turn off - I'd never rate a demo above 4. Unfinished work should stay unpublished.

9 years ago

Agreed with both!

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for deletion:

Warrior Cats RPG v.1

- Not only is it damn near impossible to actually finish the game, but it's utter crap that was was made in a day.

Minimum Site Standard Violations

• Grammar and style poor enough that it cannot be ignored
  • A plot which is poor or nonexistent
  • Poor pacing
  • A lack of important decisions
  • Length of 1/8.

9 years ago

Agreed

9 years ago

Was just trying to finish it. Don't think it's possible at all haha.

EDIT: Nvm, Ford somehow finished it XD

9 years ago

Apparently Ford did. Don't even want to know how long it took him.

Actually I do. @Ford how long did it take you?

9 years ago
'bout a half hour of constant clicking.

9 years ago
I clicked a few times, said "screw this" and just cheated to get to the end xD

9 years ago

How'd you cheat? XD

9 years ago

That magical thing that is the back button.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/breath-of-fire

I couldn't help but feel like this story was an example of great potential that was sadly wasted due to lack of choices for a choose your own story adventure. Rather than playing through a CYS game, I felt more like I was reading a novelization of the game, since the only choices presented were essentially 'continue' or 'die'. 

However, you do have a fairly good standard of writing and stayed very true to the feeling of the game. There were numerous grammar mistakes sprinkled throughout the game - the majority involving quotation marks - but they were rarely egregious enough to distract me completely. While some parts of the story could be explained more for those that haven't played the game, you did do a fairly good job capturing each character's personality and general feel. 

As for the wasted potential - if I wanted to play Breath of Fire, I would be playing Breath of Fire. The only real reason I would play a CYS fanfiction version of the game instead of the game itself would be to explore possibilities that the original game didn't. What if I chose not to save Bow? What if I hadn't gone after my sister? The medium of a choose-you-own-adventure tale shines because it lets the readers try out those what-if scenarios. With your grasp of the game, you could make this into a really great exploration of all the paths Breath of Fire itself didn't let you take, expanding the world and maybe even introducing new characters, all while preserving the original 'feel' of the game. This is why I thought it was a shame that the potential of this was not fully explored. The fact that there was only one option on most of the pages, and the few times we did get to make a choice forced us to either die or follow the original plot only makes the readers annoyed and feel like they have no control over the protagonist. 

I do realize it's a lot more work to make branching paths for this kind of story, but I promise you it's worth the effort. There doesn't even have to be a ton of alternatives - even one alternate path would help give the readers a feeling that they had an impact on the plot and that their decisions were directing the plot. 

All in all, you have pretty good writing skills, so I'd love to see you make a CYS game that actually lets us choose.

-- the_quiller on 8/9/2014 1:58:27 AM

'Tis a very good comment with great advice and criticisms.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/goomba-village - Both suggestions are from the same link.

Well, that was... random. I hate to say it, but this game is kinda terrible. The plot is almost completely nonexistent and the consequences of the choices are totally random. If you want to improve your game, I'd suggest that you elaborate some more on the plot and give the reader some more information about whatever is going on in your story. 

I'm also still trying to figure out in what way your game is a) a fanfiction b) about a village and c) about goomba's. I'd advise you to either change the title and description of your game to 'jobless (wo)man is looking for a job' or in some way connect this to the Mario franchise (which I guess this game is supposed to be a fanfic of). 

I have given your game a 2/8, because your game has choices that (even though they are completely random) do matter for the outcome of the game. However, in my opinion this game only barely deserves higher than a 1/8. I hope that you take the advice given to you in the comments and that you'll look to other, higher rated games, for examples of decent writing. I am sure that you'll be able to write a better story. 

Good luck writing!

-- Romulus on 8/11/2014 8:13:46 AM

That was probably the most random, but crappy, piece of literature I've read all day. No offence to the author(s) at all. I am directing that statement at the story itself, for reasons below. 

I am significantly dissapointed at what this turned out to be. The fact is, (like a lot of people) I don't even consider this to be a storygame. A storygame is supposed to have a plot/setting, choices which then stem out more choices, which lead to conseqences and a couple of successes. This, had almost nothing. Its a dry husk of what criteria a game should follow, and it had less than the bare-minimum of an acceptable storygame. Does it give you the plot/setting? Not at all. I get that you are trying to find a job, but what the heck, I don't even know if I am a goomba or not, since it never tells you in the story itself save for the description/title. The choices don't even matter, and although they do shape the plot some, they don't stem much of anything like they should. 

For example, my first path was the business wo/man. It asks you how long you want to go to business school, and after I give my answer, it says (not actual quote) "WOOHOO You are a business wo/man!" And then it ends. Seriously? Just how is this an adequate, or even justifiable ending? The fact is, that's the general premise of almost every path avaliable in this storygame. 

Don't even get me started on the writing, which I felt to be terrible. When you can't even tell if you are a Goomba or not (since it never told you anyways), you can see the flat, almost non-existent context and detail which it should have! There is literally no detail here. You want to be a business person? Great... you are one... yay... the end... 

The author could have fleshed out the plot, which includes character development, far better. In a game where you find a job for yourself, at least write it so the readers feel something, anything for the protaganist. But because of the almost no detail, you don't feel anything for the protaganist character. Adding more detail would help flesh out the characters (or in this case, character) better, so that the reader would actually feel themselves happy if he/she got a job. An example I can think off my head of this would be Dead Man Walking by BerkaZerka. I generally felt concern for the protaganist, and I was eccentric once I got a great ending. Why? Because the character development was rocketed. Which is something we should see here, but I just feel no emotion if I get a job. At all. Which isn't a good thing when you are creating a game like this. 

Going along with the writing, the grammar was pretty atrocious. The spelling was okay-ish, but just simple, basic punctuation reeked. And this bad puncuation went along the entire thing. In fact, I am even questioning whether or not the author of this piece is fluent in English, or lives in a place where they teach you to put your periods (these things: ".") directly one space away from the ending word, so you get something like this (example): "Become a business woman/man .". 

So now I'm not even sure what the title/description is supposed to mean about this story. Yes, the description does tell you are a Goomba in a village, but other than that, you have no pointers in the story leading you to the explanation of the title's namesake. It doesn't mention you being a Goomba in anyway shape or form, and it certainly doesn't tell you that you live in a village. 

Dear Author, you can't put these important details in the description, but not put them in the story at all. An equivalent of this behavior would be, as an example, Suzanne Collins telling the reader Katniss's (or however you spell her name) name at the back of the book... but omitting it from the rest of the story. Save for the description on the back, the reader wouldn't even know Katniss's gender. Hey, "he" could love Peeta for all anyone knows. 

I suppose this was supposed to be some sort of Mario bros. fanfiction. However, the story itself has no lead to anything Nintendo/Mario bros. related at all. If it weren't for the title/description, I would have thought that I was an actual Human. But of course I could also be a Turtle/Unicorn/Octupus hybrid with a green mustache living in Mars, because of the detail quality. 

Because of the overall texture of this story, I am guessing its by an author who is young or inexperienced. I suggest that this particular person improve their writing, grammar, and language skills, which includes punctuation, detail, context, plot, basic understanding of words, etcetera. If the author improves themselves, and improves this story with far better-nes, it would rank higher, at least. 

1/8. I'm sorry, I just can't give any reason for myself to show any sympathy or mercy for something like this. Hopefully the author would improve it.

-- Fazz on 8/11/2014 11:54:55 PM

Another great comment from a guy called Fazz, he goes into great detail and probably took him a while to write. I noticed some grammar mistakes but they didn't take away from the comment.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-war-of-the-woods

Firstly, I give you props for creating a main character who is not, at the start, a fearless badass ready to wreck his enemies. Harlan came across as a surprisingly relatable protagonist with a very realistic sense of fear that came across in his choices and thoughts. 

However, while I found this story an excellent attempt for a first try, it still comes across as unfinished. There are several links that lead to unfinished pages and a few grammatical errors sprinkled throughout. If you messed up a link, you can remove it in the editor and then delete the page that it used to link to - I recommend doing so, because seeing a page that says 'I messed up this page' really breaks the story immersion. 

Next time, try to make your story a little longer before you publish it. I tried a few different paths in yours and I think even the longest path barely gave us enough time to get to know our protagonist and figure out what was going on in the world he lived in. Which was a shame - the idea of a war between all the mythical creatures was really interesting and I wanted to see more. It would also have been incredible if you showed Harlan slowly developing as a character, going from the terrified recruit he starts as into a battle-hardened veteran or something. The story has a Narnia-like feel to it, except instead of friendship, everyone wants to kill each other. 

So all in all, you have a lot of potential as a writer in my opinion, and I'll be looking forward to your future work, whether it be on this story or any others you might write!

-- the_quiller on 8/1/2014 11:25:20 AM

'Tis a good comment.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/atramentous

As soon as I went through pretty much all the endings of this storygame, my first, immediate thought was: 

"Holy Crap." 

The writing was just amazing. I loved the descriptions, how you felt like the girl in the story. The setting was deep, twisted, and full of mystery. I was immersed by the first two pages I read of this story. The grammar was great, with no/little mistakes, and the writing felt like you were actually there. I also loved how you gradually learn who you are, through the descriptions and different options. This is a true, psychological horror, something I have not seen at all at this site. I truly loved this. 

I loved how the author captured the protaganist's "monster", the voice in her head. Showing it as a living person, just like someone with a real psychological disorder, such as the girl from this storygame. You can fight your twisted side, or live with it. This made me feel like someone with shiznophrenia, antisocial-personality-disorder (ASPD) or another mental problem. 

Unlike many, I did not have a problem at all with the lack of knowledge as to what's going on in the story. Instead of being confused, and angrily asking the author "What's this!? Who's She!? What am I here for!? Blahblahblah!?", I felt this contributed to the whole mystique and vagueness of it all. I feel as though these types of stories don't really need such a large backstory/plot, unlike other greats out there like Necromancer by EndMaster or Dead Man Walking by BerkaZerka. You play as the mind of a troubled girl, with a troubled past, and a troubled alter ego. Psychological horror-mystery at its finest on this site, IMO. 

It appears that there are two types of people who would look at this story: People like me, who will love the writing and appearence. However, I believe most will dismiss it to be way too broad, unclear, ambiguous, and as Malkalack puts it, not making any coherent sense. 

My only complaint would be the length of it. It is very short. If you increased it I would rank it way higher. 

6/8. Would have rated higher if it was longer, but nonetheless I absolutely loved this story. I hope the author makes more of these mysterious psychosis-like stories!

-- Fazz on 8/5/2014 2:29:58 AM

It's not the best, it it isn't bad either

Recommending storygame for deletion:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/cross~2dbreeding

• Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links)
  • Unbelievable or overly cliched dialogue (if dialogue is present in the story)

This story is really, really bad.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/choices-of-death

• The storygame has all of the following characteristics:
    • Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links)

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/message-in-a-bottle

• The storygame is not a storygame and is instead intended to fulfill a goal such as communicating with another member (including all inside jokes) or advertising a product.

This is quite evidently a message to the guy named 'Fazz'. The story, is basically asking him to make an account.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/hunter

Wow. Not bad for a combat simulator. 

My complaints about this particular storygame are very limited, and even then, they don't affect the game that much. 

The different species/types of demons were a nice touch to the story. It basically meant that, instead of having to fight one type of boring old demon over and over, you could fight multiple others, like airborn ones for example. However, the combat wasn't really affected that much by the different types. Of course, I would have to experiment around with how I should fight it, and (for me) it really boils down to two main styles: Defensive and Normal. I would just keep clicking Defensive, and after about every fifth click, or so, I would switch to Normal. Then Defensive. Like a pattern. This way I inflicted damage, but also made sure I wasn't losing too much energy or health. I went through a lot of demons by just using these two, and also earned a lot of gold. So yeah: I propose, that with different species of demon, you could differentiate attack manuevers and styles, so that I'm just not clicking those two mentioned above, or experimenting and trying my luck by being random. Leaving hints as to what attack style would work with the demons' descriptions would be pretty good, I believe. 

Other than that, I seriously can't find much wrong here. I liked the way, that, after selecting Aggresive multiple times, your energy/health would slowly degenerate as you kept attacking viciously. It however felt, to me, that Aggresive rarely did anything, and I pretty much stuck with Normal and Defensive. As jamescocker1226 said a little below me, it felt to him that the Normal attack didn't do anything. I remember the Aggresive attack description being something like (example; not actual words) "You swing your sword wildly, but he manages to parry your sword. You take a few slashes to the chest." But as I experimented, I found that multiply clicking Aggresive actually lowered the demons' health, and the demons' health description would change to "He slowly oozes ichor and fights slowly," or something. But it really didn't feel like I was doing much damage. 

So therefore: I really think you should refine the post-attack descriptions so that the reader feels a sense of, well, accomplishment (for lack of better word), because they brutally slashed at a demon, not because the demon parried them and slashed them instead. And kept parrying, and parrying. 

What else about this storygame I enjoyed? I liked the Fantasy-esque setting of it. Certain descriptions of the story, like the children tagging your torn cloak's rags, or making offerings to the spirit, or visiting the pub and being sorrounded by fellow demon-hunters, really make little differences to the way it builds up the setting and the way you felt about it. It all really shaped the whole atmosphere of this storygame. 

But in the end, we have to look at this as what it is: a combat simulator. No real story, or story advancement, for that matter. 

If you took the time to write about how the gold could be spent, for example, or added new places in town, or made it feel more Role-playing and fantasy-like than you just making multiple trips to a desert, it would be so much better. Also, adding more sense of a plot would enrich the story. 

5/8. The story was nice and all, but just adding more plot would really make it shine. Nice experiment, by the way! Please improve it as well. 

-- Fazz on 8/27/2014 6:42:12 PM with a score of 0

This is a very detailed comment, with some great criticism. Although there is a minor grammar mistake, it doesn't take away from the comment as a whole.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/bacon-wars 

# @coins!

-- nmelssx on 8/29/2014 12:36:09 PM with a score of 0

This is just nmelssx trolling coins.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/dispiteous

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/482/template.jpg

-- Serenemyth on 8/31/2014 3:33:53 AM

He just posted a link to a Meme.

Recommending a storygame for category change:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/erika-bakes-a-cake

Everything Else

To quite Seth from this thread, "A fanfic of a non-existent anime! ". If it is non-existent, is it really a Fan Fic?

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/not-so-quiet-on-the-western-front

Wow. What a dissapointment. 

The ending was not justifiable at all. It was way to quick, and way too rushed. 

Like I said on a different storygame, it is never okay if someone is able to write out your entire plot in points. 

-Pick England or Germany/Prussia (I picked England although I doubt it really matters) 
-Go to the church 
-Go to the bar 
-Go on the front lines 
-Advance 
-Hold your position, The End 

The initial idea of this story is great. You play as a boy who wants to fight in World War I. It sounded fun. However, it was way too short, and like Madbrad2000 said below me, it actually did leave you staring at your screen. I was so surprised at how quick it was. 

The writing was also another thing that ruined it. The writing had a lot of punctuational errors, like, for example, forgetting to put the quotation mark in the right place. Also, the detail was not here. It needed to be detailed so as to leave an image in the reader's head. But instead it is pretty blunt and badly written, using no adjectives or anything really to describe a specific scene. To me, it seems like the author wrote the story, and without proofreading it or even bothering to re-read it, uploaded it. There were many more ways to improve this work. 

I personally think this should be taken off, 2/8. 

P.S. The images don't work.

-- Fazz on 8/5/2014 3:42:21 AM

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-call-of-capythulhu

Meh, not bad, but I didn't really like it either. I understand that writing a story in 90 minutes is hard, but the writing of this story was still kinda bad. 

It is noticeable that you wrote this in a short amount of time, as the writing seems very rushed. The amount is text on each page is very little and the text that you have written feels extremely random. 

I think this is also due to the fact that the choices you give the reader aren't exactly properly explained because of the lack of text, so the result of those choices feels very random too. Furtermore, some choices seem somewhat impossible to make, like for example <SPOILER> when you have to kill the giant capybara with the sword, the text on the page says you're already dead <END OF SPOILER> 

I liked it that you used items, but in my opinion they were not necessary for the plot. The places where they had to be used where obvious and it's as good as impossible to not receive the items. 

I've given your story a 3/8, because of the reasons I've listed above. My main advise to you is to not try to write 90-minute stories anymore, because I feel like you could have written a better story if you would have taken the time. 

Good luck writing!

-- Romulus on 9/2/2014 6:40:57 AM with a score of 0

Reccomending a category change for a storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-spartan-life

Fan Fiction

As said in the description ("Halo Spartan game", "you play your own Spartan on a mission involving (spoiler alert)covenant") this is based off of 'Halo'.

Recommending storygame for deletion:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/cheating~3f

• After receiving at least 7 ratings and being published for at least 1 week, the storygame is rated 2/8 and its length is 1/8

Recommending a comment for featuring:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/dispiteous

I have no issue with the graphic nature of this story. Yes, it is disturbing, though not as bad as LOVE SICK and yes, it is gory, but again, LOVE SICK is still accepted here. You've put up warnings. It should be fine. Child rape and necrophilia do raise flags for some people, but you weren't very descriptive. 

I didn't notice any major errors, though that may be because it's easy to breeze through a story when it's short--still, I've been able to spot dozens of errors in a fifteen question quiz, so I'll say you did fine on proofing. 

Here's my issue with this story: The endings. It's not the gore or the sex, it's the monotony. I've said it before in my review of The Three Keys--if you only have one type of ending, be it happy, sad, or bittersweet, it gets a little dull. You replay again and again to get different results, but it's really all the same if the only result is your character dying. 

The other bone to pick is over one specific ending, the one you've labeled the "True" ending. Up until that point, you had me appreciative of the established characters. An abusive, bastard father who is close to his sanity's breaking point, a submissive mother who he fights with constantly, an innocent little boy who has yet to learn how to eat properly, let alone be a real party to the tragedy about to ensue... and a little girl who could just as easily turn villain as she could victim. That is a good cast, but then you made the mother do something completely random. Spoiler alert, by the way, for those reading this: 

The mother slits the daughter's throat, while praising her for killing her father. There is literally no reason for her to have done this. As a mother--even a passive one--who is raising to children in this environment, it is still instinct for her to protect her child to some degree. Killing the girl, especially after her abuser has been dealt with, just goes against nature. More than that, as a psychopath, which you have to be in order to slit your own daughter's throat, it's totally illogical. The child is far more valuable to her alive. Killing the girl means she will be charged with both the murder of her daughter and husband, but keeping her alive gives her a scapegoat. People might pity their family, maybe even praise the girl for stopping her abusive dad, but if not, they can lock the kid up in a mental ward. Problem solved. 

From a vengeful point of view, the husband was an asshole. The mother feeling sad or even grieved about his death would be one thing, but she could just as easily be relieved that she's free now. Revenge killing her daughter, when she's only a child and was just being protective of her family, is still illogical and would also be in direct opposition to the words of praise. 

It's just ... without any kind of explanation or even implied logic, it feels like you just threw that part in there half-assed as a way to shock the reader a little more rather than to follow the established and implied character patterns. =\ I like twists, but they should make sense in context. If you had given us some kind of build up or explanation, it could've worked. 

Alternatively, you could've made the girl a full-on villain and had her enjoy killing in a sort of "You've become what you despised" ending, which I honestly love to see in a horror game. 

Mind you, this is a brutally honest review on my part as I am aware that you made this thing in less than two hours. It holds up very well under that constraint, but I just feel like you could've taken it a little further so it would feel a bit less ... "one note."

-- Kiel_Farren on 9/3/2014 9:04:49 AM

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/chuck-norris-quiz

Everything Else

Most quizzes tend to go into Everything Else. This quiz is not educational in the slightest xD It is pretty much just questions based on Chuck Norris jokes.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/day-of-the-dog

Ur dog is stupid

-- Wut da fuck on 9/1/2014 3:18:02 PM

Insulting the dog, there was no need.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/make-it-to-the-bathroom~21

School Based

'Tis based in a school.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/escape-(strategy)- - Both are from this link.

interesting...

-- insanebutvain on 10/6/2014 6:28:59 AM

Duplicate.

interesting...

-- insanebutvain on 10/6/2014 6:28:59 AM

Duplicate.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-life-of-a-thunderclan-cat-chapter-1

Oh wow, another Warrior Cats game, haven't seen one of these in like, a week. However, this isn't a bad story, though it isn't really good either. Overall it felt a bit meh-ish. 

I can see that you at least put some time (albeit very little) and thought into writing this, and that's a big plus, but I'd advise you to expand your story some more. Try to write some more text on each page, give the reader some more descriptions, choices, etc. 

Furthermore, I'm also not that familiar with the Warrior Cats universe, so it might be a suggestion to explain some of the clan relations and such for people who haven't read the books. 

I also found it kind of a shame that your story didn't have any real choices, apart from the gender and the end. You give the reader some choices but most of them lead to the same page. 

I think it's also too bad that you decided to split your story into separate chapters. This means that the choices I, as the reader make in this chapter, will have absolutely no consequence for the whole story, as the next chapter will most likely not incorporate the choices of this one. Furthermore, in my opinion, publishing in chapters feels kinda lazy to me, like you didn't want to spend any more time writing, so you just published some unfinished story. 

I have given your story a 3/8 (though I was considering giving it a 2), because the writing is somewhat decent, especially compared to some other WC stories. 

Good luck writing! 

-- Romulus on 10/4/2014 12:29:11 PM

Recommending a category change for a storygame:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cat's-adventures-((part-1~2e))

Fan Fiction

This is based on 'Warrior Cats'

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for deletion

- I thought this crappy story was dealt with the first time but it is still here. I know it's the same story because the same comments are still there. There weren't many people who finished it...but who in the right mind rated this game anything above a one?!

Warrior Cats RPG V.2

Minimum Site Standard Violations

• Poor pacing
  • Length of 1/8.

9 years ago

Doesn't have a length if 1, but I think it should be unpublished anyhow. 

It's the same game, only with some more scripting. Takes extremely long to beat though, if even possible this time around.

9 years ago

Oh, sorry. I just copy and pasted and forgot about the length in my list of violations. Still, it needs to go. I spent ten minutes going at this storygame and just rage quit.

9 years ago

Holy fuck, this is a pain in the ass.

I think this game is broken, after playing it and getting to the second stage, I seem to be unable to level up.

9 years ago

RECOMMENDING A COMMENT FOR FEATURING

That was probably the most random, but crappy, piece of literature I've read all day. No offence to the author(s) at all. I am directing that statement at the story itself, for reasons below.

I am significantly dissapointed at what this turned out to be. The fact is, (like a lot of people) I don't even consider this to be a storygame. A storygame is supposed to have a plot/setting, choices which then stem out more choices, which lead to conseqences and a couple of successes. This, had almost nothing. Its a dry husk of what criteria a game should follow, and it had less than the bare-minimum of an acceptable storygame. Does it give you the plot/setting? Not at all. I get that you are trying to find a job, but what the heck, I don't even know if I am a goomba or not, since it never tells you in the story itself save for the description/title. The choices don't even matter, and although they do shape the plot some, they don't stem much of anything like they should.

For example, my first path was the business wo/man. It asks you how long you want to go to business school, and after I give my answer, it says (not actual quote) "WOOHOO You are a business wo/man!" And then it ends. Seriously? Just how is this an adequate, or even justifiable ending? The fact is, that's the general premise of almost every path avaliable in this storygame.

Don't even get me started on the writing, which I felt to be terrible. When you can't even tell if you are a Goomba or not (since it never told you anyways), you can see the flat, almost non-existent context and detail which it should have! There is literally no detail here. You want to be a business person? Great... you are one... yay... the end...

The author could have fleshed out the plot, which includes character development, far better. In a game where you find a job for yourself, at least write it so the readers feel something, anything for the protaganist. But because of the almost no detail, you don't feel anything for the protaganist character. Adding more detail would help flesh out the characters (or in this case, character) better, so that the reader would actually feel themselves happy if he/she got a job. An example I can think off my head of this would be Dead Man Walking by BerkaZerka. I generally felt concern for the protaganist, and I was eccentric once I got a great ending. Why? Because the character development was rocketed. Which is something we should see here, but I just feel no emotion if I get a job. At all. Which isn't a good thing when you are creating a game like this.

Going along with the writing, the grammar was pretty atrocious. The spelling was okay-ish, but just simple, basic punctuation reeked. And this bad puncuation went along the entire thing. In fact, I am even questioning whether or not the author of this piece is fluent in English, or lives in a place where they teach you to put your periods (these things: ".") directly one space away from the ending word, so you get something like this (example): "Become a business woman/man .".

So now I'm not even sure what the title/description is supposed to mean about this story. Yes, the description does tell you are a Goomba in a village, but other than that, you have no pointers in the story leading you to the explanation of the title's namesake. It doesn't mention you being a Goomba in anyway shape or form, and it certainly doesn't tell you that you live in a village.

Dear Author, you can't put these important details in the description, but not put them in the story at all. An equivalent of this behavior would be, as an example, Suzanne Collins telling the reader Katniss's (or however you spell her name) name at the back of the book... but omitting it from the rest of the story. Save for the description on the back, the reader wouldn't even know Katniss's gender. Hey, "he" could love Peeta for all anyone knows.

I suppose this was supposed to be some sort of Mario bros. fanfiction. However, the story itself has no lead to anything Nintendo/Mario bros. related at all. If it weren't for the title/description, I would have thought that I was an actual Human. But of course I could also be a Turtle/Unicorn/Octupus hybrid with a green mustache living in Mars, because of the detail quality.

Because of the overall texture of this story, I am guessing its by an author who is young or inexperienced. I suggest that this particular person improve their writing, grammar, and language skills, which includes punctuation, detail, context, plot, basic understanding of words, etcetera. If the author improves themselves, and improves this story with far better-nes, it would rank higher, at least.

1/8. I'm sorry, I just can't give any reason for myself to show any sympathy or mercy for something like this. Hopefully the author would improve it.

-- Fazz on 8/11/2014 11:54:55 PM

Here's the comment, but the person who commented on the storygame isn't a registered user. Sooo.... I don't know how this works.

The storygame doesn't quite qualify for unpublishing yet either. Here's the link to it though.

9 years ago

They've confused "eccentric" with "ecstatic" but hey.

9 years ago

But still, you got to admire the work put into this comment. Though I haven't read the story it's self yet, it seems this dude put more effort into the comment then the author did with the storygame.

9 years ago

Already suggested it.

9 years ago

Recommending storygame for deletion

- new night

Minimum Site Standard violations

1. Grammar and style poor enough that it cannot be ignored
  2. A plot which is poor or nonexistent
  3. Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links)
  4. A lack of important decisions
  5. Length of 1/8

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame  for category change

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/new-night

It is really obviously (blech) Twilight fan fiction. 

Recommending a  storygame for a change in maturity

I don't think it has NO objectionable content. It says you drink someone's blood. That's probably a two. Or a three, even. 

It's not even FINISHED. 

9 years ago

Recommending a game for unpublishing:

Why:

• Terrible grammar, punctuation and spelling. Seriously, the writer doesn't appear to capitalize a single sentence.
  • It is unclear who the character is or what setting the story is taking place in. Upon close inspection, it appears to be a Twilight fanfic, which begs the question of why the author failed to mention that and why it is in the fantasy section.
  • Terrible pacing. You click two links before coming to an end where you wake up in a club, hear someone's heart beating, and suck all their blood out.
  • The links don't even make it clear what exactly your character will do when you click on them.

9 years ago

It literally just now got recommended for deletion.

9 years ago

Did either of you even notice my comment? /)_- *facepalm

At least you followed the correct protocol. :p

9 years ago

If nothing else, I elaborated for you. Do you think JJJ would want you to just reiterate the sites standards? He wrote them, for crying out loud. He wants you to explain why the game meets those criteria.

9 years ago

I highly doubt he needs an in-depth explanation of each of the violations, just quick and to the point. Otherwise, he should just say so himself. Also, he didn't write them. It was a collaboration. Just go back and read the hours long process we had to go through to reach a consensus.

9 years ago

I'm sure it would help him out, though. Afterall, why would he ask you if the game satisfied all the criteria, if he expected you to just copy the list of criteria down.

Yes, I saw the thread. I didn't say he created all of them, but he wrote them down and codified them, so I would imagine that he is quite familiar with them. I mean, I remembered all of the standards off the top of my head, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does too.

Still, I'm sorry for not realizing your comment from before, it got buried up in comments from all of my other watched threads. I should have at least checked first, I guess.

9 years ago

From what I gathered, JJ just wants us to list the criteria it breaks. Nothing more, nothing less. I tend to add a small explanation at the bottom but that isn't needed on some recommendations.

Yes, it would help. I tend to do that now before recommending as well.

9 years ago

No disrespect, but, if you are recommending a game for deletion, it should violate all of the criteria. So, anyone could just copy the list of criteria for any game, regardless of whether or not it fits those criteria. Therefore, my mind is lead to believe that 3J at least wants you to show how the game violates each criterion. Regardless, Danaos simply copied the list.

9 years ago

It doesn't matter if people copy paste every single game because JJ is going to be the decider anyway xD An explanation helps but it isn't needed.

9 years ago

Don't make fun of me. What I'm saying is that I'm sure it would make things easier, if he knew what to look for and that someone has a legitimate reason for wanting the game deleted. It shows that you at least played the game and that you can defend your claims. 

If this is going to become a fully-fledged discussion, we should probably take it elsewhere.

9 years ago

-wait-

9 years ago

Lock. HOHOHO MERRY CHRISTMAS

9 years ago

I would be pissed off it I was writing a paragraph instead of writing one sentence but good try.

9 years ago

I wasn't making fun of you in the slightest xD

Either way, I was wrong actually. A small explanation should suffice though.

9 years ago

It's not a big deal. I should have checked to see Danaos' recommendation first.

9 years ago

@Malkalack

I'm curious as to why you think that is a Twilight Fan Fiction? Also, if you gonna recommend it for deletion, why put the others there on top xD

P.S. Dan already recommended it for deleation.

9 years ago

I'm glad I didn't have to be the one who asked about the first two recommendations. :P

9 years ago

I already have a good idea why he did it, I just want his opinion on the matter :D

9 years ago

In case 3J decides not to delete it (which he most certainly will). In that case, he'd still have two potential points.

9 years ago

Well, I know sweet FA about Twilight, but I know it's popular among little girls, and it has a vampire named Bella. 

Also, it has to be deleted seven days after it's publishing. I can weasel in some points before then. 

9 years ago

Well I don't think you can call something a Fan Fiction because someone is named Bella and there is some blood drinking involed xD Asking the author might help but otherwise, I don't think theres anyway to consider this a Fan Fic.

Yes, I assumed so xD If something has been recommended for deletion, I tend to just leave it alone.

9 years ago

My immediate thought was also "Bella" + "vampire" = twilight fic, but after actually suffering through it, there's not much similarity.

i don't think it's a fan fic, but it's gonna get deleted anyway, so not much point in tagging it if it was.

9 years ago

It only has to be 7 days if you are trying to get it deleted on the rating-length basis, I believe. I'll need to check that.

9 years ago

3J makes some exceptions if the game is really that bad. Besides, if it is 1/8 in length, it violates a rule anyway.

9 years ago

Recommendations of  Comments  for Deletion

chooseyourstory.com/story/dead-man-walking-(zombie-survival)

Very fun.

-- reydeownage on 9/20/2013 2:27:20 PM with a score of 33647

*Reason: Duplicate comment*

IT wasn't too games or movies bad considering and lack of good zombie media has me sorta not caring for the flaws

-- Wowthisawesome4 on 5/11/2013 10:36:02 PM with a score of 21025

*Reason: Duplicate comment*

9 years ago

^Damn those were deep in there haha! Got them though, thanks~

9 years ago

That's what (blank) said. Bawhahahahah!

9 years ago

I am sad. No one's made a comment on my horror story that I can recommend yet... xD (not that there aren't some very nice comments on it, just that nothing seems feature worthy yet.)

9 years ago
You shouldn't have made it so hard. XD

9 years ago

That's what (blank) said. Bawhahahahah!

9 years ago

I made two walk-throughs! xD

9 years ago

Recommendation of Comment for Deletion
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/survive-the-zombies

xcvbnm

-- mlklk on 7/4/2014 3:25:31 AM with a score of 300

9 years ago

mlklk? Hmm...

9 years ago

Milk. 

9 years ago

I think he was referring to Malklack.

9 years ago

Whoa nice. That's actually what it look like. 

9 years ago

In all fairness, that was before he joined, but still...

9 years ago

I think he actually had an old account. Not sure though.

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for unpublishing:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/hatred-(demo)

On the grounds that it is pornographic. It has three pages, one of them involves your dad walking into your room, his erect penis exposed, and forcibly inserting it into...well, you know.

Recommending a change in maturity level:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/hatred-(demo)

Should you choose not to delete the game, I feel that the maturity should be switched to 7, because of the aforementioned rape.

9 years ago

Recommending storygame for deletion

- The worst game of all time

3. Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links)
  5. Length of 1/8

9 years ago

"Now would you ever so kindly get off this site and please go fuck yourself with a cactus." - 10/10, would read again.

9 years ago

Thank you. It always brings me joy to see my fans happy.

9 years ago

My...My grammar on my comment is dreadful xD

9 years ago

"My first story game, the worst story game ever, may appear to be a troll game, however I am merely using you humans as 'guinea pigs' to test out an experiment of mine. So far, it has turned up quite good results, but has so far proven that you are very predictable. "

*Sigh*

9 years ago

Humans as guinea pigs? That's absurd. Humans aren't nearly as delicious when wrapped in banana leaves and slow-cooked in a pit for several hours.

9 years ago

Recommending a category change:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-league-of-legends

Section it should be in: FanFiction

Reason: This game is obviously based around a pre-existing game.

Recommending a tag change:

*Humor

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/secrets-of-target

All of the current tags are inappropriate for the game. Humor, one of the few tags that might even possibly fit is absent, so I recommend that all current tags are removed and replaced with the humor tag.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/starclan-vs-the-dark-forest~21

Should be moved to fan-fiction. It's Warrior Cats.

9 years ago

- Warrier Katz

5. Length of 1/8

- Troll story obviously trolling. DELETE!

- Cross-breeding

5. Length of 1/8

P.S: This is what I feel like when recommending these storygames for deletion ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRDBA-MMioA

9 years ago

Already suggested Cross breeding.

9 years ago

I absolutely disliked it. 
1. It is offensive to Christians like me.
2. You get two choises and you die in both of them.
It is horrible!!!!!!!

Evolution
elaine (Score of 0)
8/26/2014 9:35:58 PM

1) Freedom of speech

2) Many people have beaten the game

3) How do you miss spell choices?

4) 7 exclamation marks

9 years ago

I personally don't think that should be deleted, I find it ironic you list Freedom of Speech haha.

Anyway, be sure to follow the correct procedure that was stated in the OP. 

'Reply to THIS thread to THIS post with:
- The comment that you think deserves deletion (copy and paste it)
- The username of the person who wrote the comment (doesn't have to be the exact username, just enough so I understand who it is)'

"It has to either have spammy punctuation, flame the author, be completely incomprehensible, be a duplicate comment, or not actually be a comment (such as "..." or "poop" or something)."

9 years ago

Does 7 exclamation points count as "spammy punctuation"?

9 years ago

Heh, it's kinda like how Introbangs are written sometimes. The whole comment does not come off as spammy though.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-worst-game-of-all-time

9 years ago

Again, I have no idea what you want. If you want it to be deleted, again, you need to follow the precedure set down in the OP.

"Recommending a storygame for Deletion:

- A short explanation of why [specifically, you must describe how it fails to meet minimum site standards]"

9 years ago

Okay got a deletion for Necromancer

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/necromancer

came here fore the buttsex

(Really long blank space)

pringles
-- Seekur man on 8/26/2014 11:11:38 PM

9 years ago

In the words of, "Faggot,"

It was pretty swag.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-worst-game-of-all-time

obvious trolling, literally no spelling or grammar, no plot.

9 years ago

I recommend reading through the minimum site standards. Also be sure to say that you want this to be deleted, look at how I and others format our requests.

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=38

And after looking through the thread again, someone has already recommended it so there is no point haha.

9 years ago

Reccomending a category change for a storygame

Echostorm to Echostar (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/echostorm-to-echostar)

Fan Fiction

This storygame should be changed from Everything Else to Fan Fiction because it's a Warrior Cats game.

9 years ago

@31TeV

Remember to write what catagory it belongs in above your explanation.

"Reccomending a category change for a storygame

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/echostorm-to-echostar

Fan Fiction

Echostorm to Echostar should be changed from Everything Else to Fan Fiction because it's a Warrior Cats game."

9 years ago
Thanks.

9 years ago

Recommending a change in maturity level for a storygame

Imagination (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/imagination)

Maturity level of 2

According to Alexp's article on maturity levels, a game with a maturity level of 1 would "[not] have any potentially objectional content," such as "a quiz on mathematics." This description does not seem appropriate for this game. I believe this storygame has scenes that fit the level 2 description and "contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 4."

9 years ago

Change of category

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/leo-valdez-x-reader-thing

Should be fanfiction

9 years ago

@betaband

Remember to follow the procedure shown in the OP. You need to write what catagory it should be in above your explanation and also make that link, a hyperlink.

Recommending a category change for a storygame

- The category you believe it should be in

What it should be:

'Recommending a category change for a storygame

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/leo-valdez-x-reader-thing

Fan Fiction.

Should be fanfiction'

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-morning-routine

Meh, not bad, but not good either. I understand that this is your first storygame, and that you might have been trying out the editor, etc. but I didn't really find this a decent game. 

The writing in your story is almost non-existent, which is in my opinion almost always a major sin for a storygame. Try writing some more descriptive text, or maybe write about the thoughts of your main character. A single line of text makes it very hard to identify with the 'protagonist'. 

Furthermore, there are a lot of choices in your story (which is a plus) that have no real consequences whatsoever and sometimes even continue in a vicious cycle (which is a big no-no). It doesn't matter what I do, because the ending pages will be always the same, for instance: if I choose to not wear a dress, my dress will somehow still get dirty if I get on my bike. And even after I choose my clothing, I will keep getting the choice to choose my clothing again and again. 

My advise to you is to either turn this game into a real story by writing some decent paragraphs of text, incorporate some events, etc. and re-publish it. There are a lot of good stories on this site, also about daily life stuff, just as yours. Try reading a few of them or talking to their authors and see if you can get some tips to improve your story. 

I like the fact that you show us what your morning routine is, but I think a diary or a blog is a more suitable medium for this. I've given your story, in this state, a 2/8, mostly because there is at least a variety of choices a reader can make. 

Good luck writing! :)

Comment left by Romulus. 

9 years ago

@insanebutvain
Good suggestion but try making your link a hyperlink, it makes it easier for JJ :D

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-morning-routine

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/hunter

Wow. Not bad for a combat simulator.

My complaints about this particular storygame are very limited, and even then, they don't affect the game that much.

The different species/types of demons were a nice touch to the story. It basically meant that, instead of having to fight one type of boring old demon over and over, you could fight multiple others, like airborn ones for example. However, the combat wasn't really affected that much by the different types. Of course, I would have to experiment around with how I should fight it, and (for me) it really boils down to two main styles: Defensive and Normal. I would just keep clicking Defensive, and after about every fifth click, or so, I would switch to Normal. Then Defensive. Like a pattern. This way I inflicted damage, but also made sure I wasn't losing too much energy or health. I went through a lot of demons by just using these two, and also earned a lot of gold. So yeah: I propose, that with different species of demon, you could differentiate attack manuevers and styles, so that I'm just not clicking those two mentioned above, or experimenting and trying my luck by being random. Leaving hints as to what attack style would work with the demons' descriptions would be pretty good, I believe.

Other than that, I seriously can't find much wrong here. I liked the way, that, after selecting Aggresive multiple times, your energy/health would slowly degenerate as you kept attacking viciously. It however felt, to me, that Aggresive rarely did anything, and I pretty much stuck with Normal and Defensive. As jamescocker1226 said a little below me, it felt to him that the Normal attack didn't do anything. I remember the Aggresive attack description being something like (example; not actual words) "You swing your sword wildly, but he manages to parry your sword. You take a few slashes to the chest." But as I experimented, I found that multiply clicking Aggresive actually lowered the demons' health, and the demons' health description would change to "He slowly oozes ichor and fights slowly," or something. But it really didn't feel like I was doing much damage.

So therefore: I really think you should refine the post-attack descriptions so that the reader feels a sense of, well, accomplishment (for lack of better word), because they brutally slashed at a demon, not because the demon parried them and slashed them instead. And kept parrying, and parrying.

What else about this storygame I enjoyed? I liked the Fantasy-esque setting of it. Certain descriptions of the story, like the children tagging your torn cloak's rags, or making offerings to the spirit, or visiting the pub and being sorrounded by fellow demon-hunters, really make little differences to the way it builds up the setting and the way you felt about it. It all really shaped the whole atmosphere of this storygame.

But in the end, we have to look at this as what it is: a combat simulator. No real story, or story advancement, for that matter.

If you took the time to write about how the gold could be spent, for example, or added new places in town, or made it feel more Role-playing and fantasy-like than you just making multiple trips to a desert, it would be so much better. Also, adding more sense of a plot would enrich the story.

5/8. The story was nice and all, but just adding more plot would really make it shine. Nice experiment, by the way! Please improve it as well.

-- Fazz on 8/27/2014 6:42:12 PM with a score of 0

Maybe it's bad form to recommend a favorable comment on my own storygame, but hey, it's Fazz. ^_^

Also, I'm sick of seeing "My advice would be that if you know that you're not good at writing combat, then don't write it. Do only what you're good at." at the top of my comments list. It strikes me as being terrible advice to someone who wants to actually improve their writing abilities. >_<

9 years ago

^ Already recommended it :p

9 years ago

*scrolls up* Whoops! Should've figured that wouldn't have gotten past you. XD

9 years ago

Sex In bed (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/sex-in-bed)

This storygame has a rating of 1 and has been published for longer than a week.

9 years ago

Holy crap, you found one of the old TSR games!

9 years ago
Sorry, what's TSR?

9 years ago

The Story Reviewer, a particularly nasty troll, known for posting straight up smut.

9 years ago

Briar's comment, though... XD

9 years ago

It's not published.... XD 

9 years ago
Oh... I guess someone can get points by PMing 3J because I rated an unpublished game.

9 years ago

Me too... but I blame you for linking to it. XD

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for unpublishing:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-hunters

Reasons:

• The author fails to capitalize sentences or use commas appropriately.
    • The story starts at an odd point with you being attacked by a bunch of other cats. The only backstory the game has is given in the synopsis, not the game.
    • The game starts with a fight and ends three pages later with you having a bunch of kittens. There is an endgame link on the first page.
    • There are no choices. The endgame link is on the first page. The rest of the story is just a bunch of random pages with links to them presented on the first page as well.
    • The dialogue presented in the game is the typical "what are you doing trespassing in (insert name here)clan territory" stuff we see in other WC games.

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for deletion:

Reasons:

• The author fails to capitalize sentences or use commas appropriately.
    • The story starts at an odd point with you being attacked by a bunch of other cats. The only backstory the game has is given in the synopsis, not the game.
    • The game starts with a fight and ends three pages later with you having a bunch of kittens. There is an endgame link on the first page.
    • There are no choices. The endgame link is on the first page. The rest of the story is just a bunch of random pages with links to them presented on the first page as well.
    • The dialogue presented in the game is the typical "what are you doing trespassing in (insert name here)clan territory" stuff we see in other WC games.

Fixed that for ya.

9 years ago

You don't appear to have done anything, aside from changing the word "unpublishing" to "deletion".

9 years ago

Pretty much.

9 years ago

He's tryin' to steal my points, but I know that I followed protocol.

9 years ago

I always say deletion instead of publishing, I'm not sure it matters. JJ will be able to tell us. As for the points, I doubt he would 'steel' them off you haha

I don't think stories get unpublished now anyway, not sure though.

9 years ago

I am curious as to why you misspelled "steal".

Well, in the op, it says "Recommending a story-game for unpublishing", not "Recommending a story-game for deletion", so...

9 years ago

I know haha, I'm not saying you wrote it wrong.

9 years ago

Then, if I may ask, what are you saying?

9 years ago

Regarding that, I was saying it probably doesn't matter.

9 years ago

Recommending a story for maturity change. 

It oughta be changed to a 7/8 or a 6/8. as it has a sex scene in it. 

9 years ago

No point if it's going to be deleted :p

9 years ago

The sex scene and "The next day" made me laugh a little, but I highly doubt that the cat would start to show signs of pregnancy a single day after coitus.

9 years ago

That sex scene just disturbed me xD

9 years ago

I've seen more disturbing sex scenes. Have you ever watched Farscape?

9 years ago

Yeah, one of my favorite programs that I have watched. Shame it ended so early.

9 years ago

Yeah, it is sad. They've continued it in comic book form, though, but it's just not the same.

Well, anyway, before I ever say a sex scene is disturbing, I compare it to the Scorpius-Natira sex scene. It's even more disturbing when you realize that the things he's biting are the same things Natira uses to gouge people's eyeballs.

9 years ago

xD

9 years ago

On another note, when I read Tan's comment, the only thing I could think was "Damn, Nature, you scary!"

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/good-warrior-cats-book

Recommending a story for deletion. 

Reasons:

Shit grammar.

No story. 

Ridiculously stupid dialogue. 

9 years ago

@Malkalack

"Recommending a storygame for Deletion:

- A short explanation of why [specifically, you must describe how it fails to meet minimum site standards]"

You need to list the Minimum site standards that it fails to meet and possibly describe how.

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=38

@jamescoker1226

james, reality doesn't change haha. It's just that, when you decide to eat the berries or whatever it was in the Medicine bay, they make you ill.

9 years ago

Like I was supposed to know that. The story was damn near impossible to read, in my opinion.

9 years ago

Recommending a comment for featuring

Kill Aman's Mustache (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/kill-aman's-mustache)

This game is the greatest random game in history. Nearly every joke can be found in the forums (except the pulp fiction ones, and a few select jokes that evolved from PM between each other), and every one has it's purpose. Kill Aman's Mustache is a glorious joke, portraying a man's fierce melancholy from not having a glorious mustache, and wishing to destroy it. Oh, YOU (the player) may of come up with excuses, but we all know the truth. My mustache is glorious, and everyone is so blatantly jealous of it. Heck a game was made about how much BZ (BerkaZerka) wishes he had my mustache, and in desperation had to kill it. But I digress, let me return to discussing the game.

As I mentioned before, this game is the greatest random game on this site. The jokes are hilarious, and the mustaches that are shown in certain items are amaizing. Each scene has a plethora of humorous lines, and whenever you see Briar_Rose or my minions, I would suggest to press the back button. It's dangerous to see them, and you might get an early ending.

However, I have some complaints. In this game, it is possible to kill my mustache, which is complete nonesense. This game can be random, but I refuse to believe that it can be so illogical. It's crazy to think that I could be defeated. But, I understand BZ's frustration and thus I accept his game with an 8/8.

As a last note, please understand that my mustache is amaizing, and that if you do succeed, I expect to see your dedication to the mustache. My mustache is glorious, and it is truly a godly 'stache. The 'stache is forever, and it is great.

If you play this game, be warned. The mustache is eternal, and this game is incredibly difficult. Don't think you can defeat me without trying. You will fail often.

Aman on 1/29/2013 9:29:26 PM with a score of -21560

There are only two featured comments for this game.

9 years ago
It looks like a mod has featured this comment now, but has given neither me nor Aman points for it.

EDIT: Unless they didn't see this recommendation. Still, Aman should be getting the points.

EDIT EDIT: Maybe whoever featured the comment is able to feature comments but not give out points. I hadn't even thought of that.

9 years ago

It happens a few times when I recommend stuff :p

9 years ago

Monkey Tale (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/monkey-tale)

This game meets requirements for deletion: has received more than 7 ratings and been published for over a week, with a rating of 2/8 and a length of 1/8.

Choices Of Death 2: The Unexpected Guest (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/choices-of-death-2~3a-the-unexpected-guest)

This game meets requirements for deletion: has received more than 7 ratings and been published for over a week, with a rating of 1/8.

9 years ago

Recommending a category changes for a storygame

Find Coco the Elephant! (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/find-coco-the-elephant~21)

Everything Else

The setting for this story feels more like the bedroom of a small child rather than a fantasy world. I believe that would put this game in the everything else category.

Calvin and Hobbes Quiz (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/calvin-and-hobbes-quiz)

Everything Else

This isn't fan fiction and therefore shouldn't belong in that category. Like most quizzes, this should be in the everything else category.

Dr. Horrible's CYA (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Dr~2e-Horrible's-CYA)

Fan Fiction

This storygame takes place within the universe of an existing work of fiction, which would place it in the fan fiction category.

What Would You Do if You Could Help Out? (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/what-would-you-do-if-you-could-help-out~3f)

Modern Adventure

This storygame doesn't have themes or topics that warrant it being in edutainment. The modern setting should therefore place it in the modern adventure category.

9 years ago

Recommending a comment for deletion

comment for TRASH (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/trash)

-- djman3420 on 7/18/2014 2:02:01 AM

comment for TRASH (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/trash)

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To smoke some marijuana,
Jack got high, unzipped his fly,
and asked Jill if she'd wanna
Stupid Jill forgot the pill
and now they have will :D

-- The Nefarious Poet on 8/20/2014 4:53:29 PM

comment for Repression (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/repression)

Well,,,

-- djman3420 on 7/18/2014 1:53:44 AM

comment for Warrior Cats Adventure (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cats-adventure)

Sunburst on

-- Sunburst on 9/11/2014 5:32:40 PM

comment for Forgotten Rose (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/forgotten-rose)

poo

-- deathkid8741 on 9/21/2014 8:15:42 PM

(This deathkid keeps commenting on really good storygames like Dead Man Walking and Farewell with really descriptive and helpful feedback like "Decent :/" and "meh...".)

9 years ago

Recommending a story for deletion: 

Peter Wolf

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/peter-wolf

Reason: 
It is excessively pornographic in nature. 

9 years ago

Hell fucking yeah it is.

9 years ago

Nonsense! It's by far the best erotica I've read on this site. Much better than kitty sex.

9 years ago

j

9 years ago

It seems like she/he unpublished it for the time being.

9 years ago

I am proud to say that I didn't masturbate to that.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/peter-wolf

ferst.
-- Chris11302 on 9/13/2014 6:55:07 PM

(Reason: I just don't want it to be there anymore...)

9 years ago

Recommended comment for featuring:

Where do I start? This storygame is outstanding in so many ways. Touching story, well written, immensely replayable, challenging puzzles, lots to discover/explore and filled with secrets.

Good writing style and the plot gives the player a purpose. The sense of humour throughout the story is nice but it never takes it so far that the seriousness of the story is broken. Very few errors in spelling and such, as far as I can tell.

This game is hella fun to play. There's a ton of different items to collect and puzzles to solve. Its difficulty rating of 8 is well deserved. It's no easy game but it doesn't leave you feeling frustrated because the sheer amount of content gives you so much to do (and there's walkthroughs, which I'm ashamed to admit to having used).

There are some excellent game mechanics in GOLAD. The most notable one is the way fights are handled. The way battles play like an interactive novel add so much replay value and gives the players a reasonably difficult (but not impossible or frustrating) challenge whilst also providing a good read. Just phenomenal stuff. I could learn a lot from this for when I write Galaxy Tale.

Another game mechanic that stood out was how you could choose your gender and personality in the middle of the game through the use of the mirror. It's a subtle thing but I feel it's refreshing because most games will get you to pick from the beginning.

Of course, as far as game mechanics go the use of items is incredible in GOLAD, but that speaks for itself.

I've replayed, replayed and yes, even replayed this game some more but I've still yet to find all its secrets and endings. And there's so many endings, and not all just "you died, hurr hurr" endings. Pretty surprising and wildly different endings. One in particular was just wow. It's insane how many different ways this game can go.

My least favourite thing about this game is how difficult you've made it to get the ending for the third romance-able character. %"$*£#_{!!!! Kiel, why must you torment us so? What have we ever done to deserve this? I know who it is and I THINK I know what I have to do, but it's just a question of how. Do you realise how many different combinations there are!!!? I get that it's a super-duper secret hidden ninja ending and it should be difficult to reach it, but I think you could've made it at least somewhat doable or given us pointers.

SPOILER WARNING:
Another complaint I have is the 'one last round' scene at the climax of the witch fight. It's a really cool ending to an epic battle, for the first time and maybe the second. But not the fifth time. I really appreciate the way you've given us great fights for all five paths that are different every time you play, but that should be all the more reason to try to give us a different way to defeat the witch depending on your weapon. It's just the exact same thing but with a different weapon.

I was going to save my comment for when I had utterly beaten this game and gotten all the endings, but as I had ranted about earlier, that proved too difficult.

If you haven't played this game, do it already. Amazing in so many ways and is really fun. You hear that, everyone? FUN. F-U-N. That's what a storygame, or any game, for that matter, should be all about, but it's something that authors often forget. This game has plenty of it.

If this is Kiel's first storygame (lol at Kiel's comment about that in the description - what a joker), then what do we have to look forward to in the future? Can't wait for Magick Academy and the rest. :)

8/8

-- 31TeV on 9/15/2014 7:27:46 AM with a score of 2000

(On: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-game-of-life-and-death )

Reason: This is exactly the kind of thoughtful commentary I was hoping to see. The comment is well written, sums up a lot of the good points and issues that a lot of readers have brought to my attention, and though it may seem a bit biased, I must admit that I agree with a lot of it.

9 years ago

Recommending a story for deletion.

try #2

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/try-~232

5. Length of 1/8

9 years ago

The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-price-of-freedom~3a-innocence-lost)

Now, why not share your experience and thoughts with the author and the rest of the community

-- why not on 10/2/2014 9:51:29 AM with a score of 0

9 years ago

Did....did he just copy/paste the what CYS tells you?

9 years ago

Apparently. Also, you might want to get rid of the word 'the' in your post... Oh, right.

9 years ago
I can't believe you just did the that.

9 years ago

It's the crazy. 

9 years ago

I blame Steam the Browser!

9 years ago

( ?° ?? ?°) / Lenny Face

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cats-~2d-the-journey-home

Not bad for a WC fic. Much better grammar/spelling than most, and a decent attempt to give the main character a defined personality, as well as some story beyond "you are a cat." 

Too many moments, where the reader is given a "choice," but only one link actually progresses the story (at least the wrong answer only loops you back around to pick the right one instead of ending the game.) You promised me in the description that "every choice you make effects the story's outcome." You need to deliver on that. 

Too short. It's a promising beginning, and at least the endplace makes sense as a chapter ending. But the introductory description is already telling me things that will happen in part two. Just wait till you're done with the whole thing and publish it as one decent-length story-- please! 

Far too many Warrior Cats stories are being done like this- each chapter is being published on its own as a story. I understand this is how fanfic works: you put up each new chapter as it's finished. That doesn't work for CYS games. Unlike a fanfic, you can't read the whole thing together as one complete work when it's done. You don't have subscribers, waiting for each new week's chapter.
-- Sethaniel on 10/1/2014 2:50:06 PM

feature this comment

9 years ago

(It deserves to be featured for sure, even if it was just that last paragraph alone, because that is a very important point that I really wish all WC writers understood. -_- It's bad enough to have a lot of these stories to begin with, but having them broken into chapters is just horrendous.)

9 years ago

Right. Because it wasn't enough to submit the comment that tooted your horn the MOST, you also had to take a snipe at a bunch of fucking KIDS who don't meet your standards. Real classy. 

9 years ago

..... Malk, we've talked about this. Stop white knighting everything in the whole world. 

9 years ago

Dude, so what if I do get a little pissed off? This isn't bloody right. They're fucking LITTLE KIDS. 

9 years ago

Of course. Naturally, you would be offended if others like you were insulted.

9 years ago

.... Firstly, who cares if they are 'fucking little kids'? Doesn't matter. They need to stop doing what they are doing. 

Secondly, Kiel didn't say anything offensive. He's saying they need to stop posting chapters. He's not attacking them. 

9 years ago

If they're fucking little kids then we have a different problem.

9 years ago

How... I don't even... why would... I can't... 

9 years ago

Hahaha

# @coins

9 years ago

They're little kids too. 

9 years ago

...My God....

9 years ago

Though I agree that some lenience can be applied to kids stories, they publish stuff on the internet, so they should be grown-up enough to face any consequences. And it's not like all of those stories get deleted. Btw, weren't you also one of the people that were complaining about all the WC stories and how they shouldn't be published on this site?

9 years ago

But the difference being, I stopped. I came to my senses, and bloody realized this is fucking cruel. Also, because they publish stuff on the internet does NOT mean they should be able to face consequences. That's like saying they show someone a story and should expect hatred. 

9 years ago

" Also, because they publish stuff on the internet does NOT mean they should be able to face consequences"

Yes, yes it does. Since, you have to face the consequences EVERYWHERE. 

9 years ago

Haha, you're usually still bitching about them in every WC thread. But aside from that: everyone has the right to publish stories on this site. However, the rest of the users have the same right to give comments on them. Don't get me wrong, this shouldn't be a reason to flame others, which Seth quite clearly isn't doing btw. He is giving constructive criticism that may help the author to improve as a writer. 

9 years ago

They can choose to ignore the hatred, you know.

9 years ago

Malk, you're a dumbass. Have you spoken to these WC writers? If so, I'd like to know exactly what your cut-off point is for calling someone a "little kid." If you think all of the WC writers on this site are little kids, then you're also including Tanstaafl, Aman, Tacocat, Madbrad, Betaband, TeV, Delta, and several other mature, productive, intelligent members of this website in that statement.

I know because I've spoken to them and the majority that I've spoken to are in the 12-16 age range. (Unless they lied.) Taco is 12. Tanstaafl is 14. Aman is 16. Stop calling these people "little" kids because it's insulting. Not to mention, multiple WC stories on here (the ones I've taken the most issue with) have featured sex and pregnancy. If they're going to write about adult themes, they shouldn't expect to be babied. Also, this is the internet. We don't baby people, period.

I wasn't cruel in what I said here, nor was I flaming. Have you read my reviews? I can be pretty critical, sure, but it's usually (nearly always) in a constructive way. Just because I do not sugar coat things or bullshit people does not mean I comment purely for the sake of being an ass. I want to help and I do it honestly, even if I occasionally get fed up with utter nonsense or a lack of caring. 

That said, I also make a point of constantly offering advice and assistance to new people and welcoming everyone on here with friendliness. I have, time and time again, given gentle, helpful nudges and polite advice to young members, new members, WC fans, and trolls because I want to see them improve and become talented, productive members of the site. (This list includes--not counting WC fans 'cuz I lost track of those-- Elaine, DarkScar, TSR, ScaryFace, haledakota, Killer7814, EarthCollision, Scrappydoo1996, Youmayneverknow, 11302, and several others.)

... You wanna know what usually happens when I give polite, gentle, well-meaning advice on how to improve one's writing and how to -not- make a crappy story? People ignore me.

TSR admitted my advice was good and helpful only to turn around and say "Fuck you, I do what I want" and then flooded the forums with kiddy porn. When I tried to teach 'ScaryFace' how to use the editor, he tried to get me to write his entire story for him. Elaine accepted my offer to help, but in spite of my enthusiasm about her ideas, she hasn't actually let me help her.

As for WC fans: every single one of them that I found and spoke to completely ignored my advice. I am fine with little kids. I am fine with "I'm learning," "I'm new," "I'm not good at spelling," "I'm foreign and bad at English" and any other valid excuse.

However, I do not accept willful ignorance or blatant disregard for standards. I put my heart into the things I publish on here and while I don't expect that from everyone, 3J made it very clear that there are LIMITS to how much utter crap you are allowed to subject other members of this site to and I agree with him. CYS has standards that everyone needs to abide by, regardless of age or fandom. I'm not going to show them favoritism just because they're fans of something widely considered juvenile. -_-' 

Lastly, your stupid comment about my recommendation ... you want to question my choice of a featured comment? Fine. Give me a completely objective, valid reason why you HONESTLY believe that Quiller's comment does not meet the site standards for being featured--then you can tell me I'm blinded by my own ego.

If your only issue is that I'm the one who recommended it, that's petty and stupid. I gave genuine, objective reasons why Quiller's comment deserved recognition, same as I have for every single comment I have ever recommended. There were plenty of flattering reviews on my story, but I only ever recommended ones where I saw real effort and a lack of mistakes. If someone -flamed- my story, but put actual effort, thought, and logic into it, I'd still be willing to recommend it.

9 years ago

To sum up: Malk, you're a dumb ass.

(and your blubber hurts you as it swings and sways. Lol.)

9 years ago

And his head is so far up his anus he can pleasure his own prostate gland.

9 years ago

Is that supposed to be an insult? Because I'd fall in love with myself all over again if I could give myself a rim job.

9 years ago

Did you miss the part about his head being up his ass?

9 years ago

No, it read quite elegantly in fact, I must say. 

Why, it was so elegant, that I do not truly believe someone such as yourself could have wrote it.

Hmm... yes, it's all starting to come together now... but if not you, then who?

Eureka! I've got it! The answer must be...

# @coins

9 years ago

9 years ago

Tyrann Mathieu is a lying cheat who smokes the marijuanas! Stone him! Stone him! What? What do you mean he's already stoned?

9 years ago

xD Haha...

9 years ago

Endmaster, as many avid fans as there are of your stories ... xD your forum comments are the real reason I like you.

9 years ago

TLDR version: Malk, you're a dumbass.

9 years ago

No, he's an assdumb.

9 years ago

At least he isn't # @coins !!!

9 years ago

At least I don't get high and trip balls.

9 years ago

You say that like it's a bad thing!

9 years ago

Of course! Tripping over balls is painful, especially if they're your own.

9 years ago

Ninja Edit

9 years ago

It is! You'll eventually become Jamaican!

9 years ago

Rasta maaaan

9 years ago

We gotta get dem for Roman, seen?

9 years ago
Ummm... I'm not sure I've told anyone my age on here, but I'm actually close in age to you, Kiel, than most of the other members you've mentioned. XD

9 years ago

Oops. Sorry. I think I actually knew that. xD Maybe I was thinking of one of your other "teammates" or something ... I'm not sure. Anyway, my bad, but my point still stands...! xD Mid-to-late teenagers are not children...!

9 years ago

Recommended comment for featuring:

This storygame is both one of my favorite games on the site and the one I've spent the most time playing by far. With that in mind, my comment is probably going biased and somewhat lacking in constructive criticism, but if you're reading this Kiel, you don't really need any advice from me to improve, so I'm just going to say whatever I want.

In a single word, 'A Game of Life and Death' is fantastic. It combines excellent writing and excellent scripting to make an endlessly replayable game that unfolds like a tesseract. The sheer number of items you can find and number of different ways you can use them is already impressive on its own, but when combined with the puzzles you have to solve in order to obtain or combine said items, all of which are incorporated seamlessly into the overarching story, you get a game that really maximizes the use of the advanced editor. The game and battle mechanics feel fluid and organic - the choices available to you always seem logical and comprehensive, while fight scenes play out like movie montages.

Even without the game mechanics, the writing alone would have been enough to carry the game. I think the characters is where Kiel's writing shines the most - most notably, Layne, Melissa, and a third romance-able character whose identity would be a spoiler. The tangible friendship between your player character, Layne, and Melissa sets up a compelling motive to beat the game. Melissa's desperate situation adds dramatic tension to the story. Layne, on the other hand, is brave, selfless, and badass. I found both of them to be very likeable characters. I won't give away much about the third romance-able character, but I will say that the writing is likewise brilliant, if not even better, and reading that particular hidden ending made all the hours I spent searching for it (before finally caving and begging for the walkthrough, because damn, it was nigh impossible to find) completely worth it. The story's antagonists were all more than unnerving enough to earn this game its 'Horror' genre label.

The setting itself was also brilliant. I remember first playing through the game expecting it to be incredibly short, since the events take place within the confines of a haunted house with a limited number of rooms, but I couldn't have been more wrong. There are so many different things you can do to access so many different places - the setting itself changes based on your actions and your progression through the game, which really gave me a sense that the house was not only sentient, but also malevolent. There are many, many different ways to die, each one more horrible than the last, but it was fun to read every single one. I think half of what makes the game so replayable is the desire to explore more of the house and see what new places become accessible or inaccessible by varying your choices and inventory.

The other half of what makes the game so replayable is the sheer number of different paths the story can take. As of right now, I've found fourteen different endings. I'm sure I've missed more than a few. They run the gamut from incredibly happy endings, to bittersweet, to horrifying, to downright depressing. What really makes the endings unique is that many of the paths change depending on your player's personality. In the middle of the game, there's an option that allows you to describe your character's gender and personality. These seemingly cosmetic choices actually cause the endgame to progress down an entirely different path. This amazing attention to detail is what makes 'A Game of Life and Death' so much fun to play, because you never know what minor change will open up a new path later down the road.

With that being said, despite the game's painstaking attention to detail, it never takes itself too seriously or lets the scale tip too far towards the dramatic. Snarky, occasionally fourth-wall breaking humor is sparingly sprinkled throughout and gives a player a welcome breather whenever needed. The puzzles are challenging, but not impossible, and hints are well-hidden without being too obvious. A lot of the fun comes from wondering 'wait, I wonder if I can do this!' and then finding out you actually CAN, leading to yet another new path of the game.

All in all, this game should appeal to a wide audience and should definitely be played the moment you get a chance. It does pretty much everything well - I hold it up as an example to teach myself how to write an advanced storygame that anyone can enjoy replaying over and over again. Thanks, Kiel, for making this fantastic game.

8/8
-- the_quiller on 10/1/2014 9:05:06 PM with a score of 2000

(On: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-game-of-life-and-death )

Reason: I know I may seem incredibly biased here, but though you may find this hard to believe, I would say that this comment is worth featuring regardless of whose game it was on. It is well written, does not have a single spelling mistake, is composed properly, goes in-depth into details while also addressing things in broad strokes, it's a thoughtful review that gives a full picture of the commentor's opinion of the writing and general mechanics of the game, and it's from the one person on this site who may have actually played my game more than I have myself. xD

9 years ago

Recommending a comment for featuring (if this game doesn't get deleted)

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/good-warrior-cats-game

I don't have words for the horror of this game. Just kidding, I always have words. You had horrible grammar and punctuation, the spelling was painful to look at, and the storyline was pathetic, old and overused. You really shouldn't write story games. Just please, do NOT make another game. 

Your grammar and punctuation, terrible. You do know there's a shift key, and a full stop key, right? They are right there. Everyone else can see them, why can't you? Almost every single word had something like this wrong with it, and every paragraph had more than fifteen errors. You should copy and paste your story into a word document before you publish, then you can fix your mistakes. I recommend taking this down and doing just that. 

You really need to get a dictionary. So many words were spelt wrong. Squeerl, buitifull, ugh! It hurt my eyes. Practically every word above two syllables was spelt wrong, and even some simpler ones as well. I could mistake your spelling for a 5 year old. I feel extremely sorry for your English teacher. 

There was absolutely no description in your story. Everything was just, you go here and do this, or you say to this person this. Where am I? What is my background? Who are see other people in relation to me? What are the customs of a cat growing up? I don't know anything about any of this. You really need to add more detail and space out the story so we can feel like we are in the story and are part of it. 

Your story was horribly short. I clicked about 6 or 7 links and it was over. The ending was abrupt and I didn't have time to feel for the characters at all. I felt no sense of accomplishment and I wouldn't have even cared if my character was killed or had a tragic end. You really needed to broaden the story, and, in fact, make it a story. There was no story. 

You had absolutely no plot in this story. Just the same old cat grows up, gets apprenticed, finds a mate, becomes leader, dies. Make up your own story! I'm tired of reading crap WC stories day in and day out. There are so many. You may like it, but if you do, why not put some actual effort it? I could have made this in 10 minutes. And make up your own story! Don't make the same old boring game that everyone else does. Seriously. 

You really need to take this down forever, or give it a major, and I mean major, makeover. It is horrific to read and takes barely any time to play. Never make a story game like this again. And if this is all you can make, then stop making games. Period. 1/8. 

-- Death on 9/18/2014 12:33:00 AM

Reasons for Featuring

- It may be slightly harsh, but it brings up all good points on the game and how to improve.

- Everything is written correctly, save for one spelling mistake. (see instead of the). 

9 years ago

You should try making the link a hyperlink next time, as it makes it easier for JJ :D  Albeit, he probably won't be online for awhile.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/good-warrior-cats-game

9 years ago

-- Pineapplekitty on 10/6/2014 3:34:39 PM

This is not a comment.

9 years ago

Recommending a category change for a storygame

Archangel (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/archangel)

Horror

This storygame's main theme is zombies. It's in a modern setting and I don't think that these particular zombies, which become that way through a disease, fit into the sci-fi category.

9 years ago

I dunno, isn't "zombie by virus" a sci-fi theme? :P

9 years ago
I mean, it could be. But we're talking about a very specific modern disease. I think my point still stands about the modern setting. You wouldn't put Dead Man Walking in the sci-fi category, would you?

9 years ago

=\ Sci-fi occurs in modern settings all the time. Dead Man Walking ... certainly not, but I'm not 100% sure that I'd actually put it in horror, honestly. I might be tempted to put it in "Modern Adventure" instead.

Still, even though "virus creates zombies" is sci-fi in nature, I suppose the game doesn't really focus on it or elaborate on it, so yeah ... you have a point.

9 years ago

"This story... was brilliant. The grammar and punctuation are perfect, the writing style was hilarious, and the ending I got (*SPOILER ALERT* Where the 2 kids beat each other up and the teacher leaves to call the cops *END OF SPOILER*) was absolutely hilarious (I fucking love Shawshank Redemption). My only problem: It was a bit to short for my tastes.   Anyway, this is a good start, and you're on your way to greatness. 6/8."

-- Chris113022 on 10/17/2014 8:54:10 PM

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/in-school-suspension

(Reason: Repeated comment [It was an accident!])

9 years ago

Your quest around Rhode island (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/your-quest-around-rhode-island)

This storygame meets the requirements for deletion/unpublishing.

Grammar and style poor enough that it cannot be ignored - full of grammar mistakes. The style is often incoherent and I found myself re-reading lines but I still couldn't make sense of them.

A plot which is poor or nonexistent - there is very little plot. Most of it is just a group of terrorists attacking the protagonist for no apparent reason. There is one plot twist but I feel it's not very well thought-out or explained.

Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links) - very, very poor pacing with unpredictable end game links all over the place. The deaths were often not adequately explained.

A lack of important decisions - this storygame could not have been more linear short of only having one link per page. The choices either kill you or have no consequence whatsoever on the story.

Unbelievable or overly cliched dialogue - much of the dialogue is unbelievable in that people act in very strange ways and say things which don't make sense. The lack of character motive is apparent in the dialogue.

Recommending a storygame for unpublishing

LOL quest (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/lol-quest)

This game meets requirements for deletion: has received more than 7 ratings and been published for over a week, with a rating of 1/8.

Beest Storeygaem (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/beest-storeygaem)

good warrior cats game (http://chooseyourstory.com/story/good-warrior-cats-game)

This game meets requirements for deletion: has received more than 7 ratings and been published for over a week, with a rating of 2/8 and a length of 1/8.

9 years ago

Spooky Scary Story [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/spooky-scary-story]

Warrior Cat's Adventures ((Part 1.)) [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warrior-cat's-adventures-((part-1~2e))]

Slumber Party [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/slumber-party]

The College Experience [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-college-experience]

Finding &#34;The Way&#34; [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/finding-~26~2334~3bthe-way~26~2334~3b]

Goomba Village [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/goomba-village]

Do you know your friend well? [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/do-you-know-your-friend-well~3f]

WTF I Just Tried That [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/wtf-i-just-tried-that]

9 years ago

Recommending a Comment for Deletion

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/331-oakmount-drive

I got an orgasm from reading this! I'm hard, and coming --- in your mouth!

-- Tgetruegamer on 1/11/2013 8:09:25 PM

Crude language aside, I'm not sure what this comment is trying to accomplish, but it's hardly a real comment.

Also, there's nothing saying how clean comments have to be. What's the stance on language like this for comment deletion?

9 years ago
And from what I can remember of playing that game, it's not even remotely relevant. What a strange comment.

9 years ago

I third that opinion, but I do believe this is a case of "Obvious troll is obvious."

9 years ago

Recommending Storis for Tag Change

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/wolves

This should not have the puzzle tag.

9 years ago

What if you died but didn't really die [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/what-if-you-died-but-didn't-really-die]

Finnely's adventure [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/finnely's-adventure]

Becoming a Princess [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/becoming-a-princess]

9 years ago

Foodlion problems [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/foodlion-problems]

Fun at the Baseball Game [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/fun-at-the-baseball-game]

Fourth and Inches [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/fourth-and-inches]

Jack's Adventure [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/jack's-adventure]

Recommending a change in maturity level for a storygame

An Entire Day [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/an-entire-day]

Maturity rating of 2/8.

This storygame doesn't have any content that is objectionable. Therefore, 3/8 is too high a maturity rating.

9 years ago

Comments for deletion

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Snow

Worthless .....

-- Arklight on 10/28/2014 1:30:36 PM with a score of 0

ya-ya-ya... I'm Lorde. Cool story.

-- Lorde on 10/23/2014 10:11:26 AM with a score of 0

Recommending comment for featuring

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/What-do-you-Know-About-Spider~2dMan~3f

It was fun but it sometimes answered a previous question in the next question, for example. "Which two game systems was the game Spider-man released on?" and then 2 questions later it ask what the subtitle was on the spider man game(PS1). I wouldn't recommend doing that.

-- Madbrad200 on 6/19/2014 11:24:14 AM with a score of 60

9 years ago
You should make the links hyperlinks, makes it easier for everyone :D. Honestly, my comment isn't anywhere near worthy of featuring haha.

9 years ago

"The fact that rather than give us a death page or ending page, you just take us to the end after a "bad" choice. There is only one ending if you don't count the links that, rather abruptly, end the game. The grammar and length are terrible, with only a few sentences per page, in fact, I think that two pages of an EndMaster game would equal the entire length of this story. 

There is absolutely no character development at all, and I didn't feel at all sad when my friends died. Even if you see the medicine cat's room first, there's no way to save your friends and all those other poor cats. In fact, that battle was pointless, with no effect on the story whoever you go to first. 

Overall, this is one of the worst, if not THE WORST Warriors game ever. 1/8.'

-- Chris113022 on 11/8/2014 9:04:01 PM

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warriors~2d-redclan-adventure

Reason: Just wanted to edit a part I forgot to add. It'll be up a minute or two after this post.

9 years ago

If anyone is still featuring comments, here's some more to round out a "top 3" for these stories.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/paradise-violated

Great story! Probably the best of EndMaster's stories after the top 5 (which are obviously Eternal, Necromancer, Death Song, Ground Zero and Innkeeper, roughly in descending order of rank).

Great plot and mystery with lots of branching options and endings. Many endings feel too rushed and inadequately explained, but it's still a great storygame.

-- 31TeV on 9/11/2014 5:20:56 AM

I enjoy this game very much. Your world building skills are phenomenal, and any time I play one of your games, I am thrilled to see the amount of effort you put into creating a setting and characters. This game was no different. While I will admit your whole "play from the point of view of a servant of an evil empire" thing is getting to be a bit overdone, I do love how you always manage to come up with an original world and races to inhabit said world. As such, I give this game a 6/8.
-- jamescoker1226 on 9/2/2014 11:04:51 PM

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/repression

This is a great storygame, and arguably the best example of Endmaster's writing that's got dark and disturbing themes but still tasteful and interesting at the same time. Love SICK is probably more explicit and disgusting but that's more for the sake of humour, unlike in this story. There are quite a few separate paths that will lead to incest in this one.

The most impressive part of Repression is the number of paths and endings. Due to the lack of a 'true ending', most of the endings are satisfying in their own way. This makes for a very replayable game. It surprises you by giving you choices where you expect a dead end. It's also cleverly done so that going through the same events is given a little twist due to prior events and gives you a fresh perspective and different outcomes. That said, some of the endings on occasion do feel a little too similar to one another.

As Loon says, the brevity and conciseness of the writing is a major strength of this story. It fits very well with the protagonist and the theme of feeling nothing. There's also something very compelling about the way repetition is used for the endings. It's a blast to go through and find all the different words used when your character feels something.

The odd typo aside, this game is near perfect (for the kind of storygame it is) and very enjoyable. I don't think there's much you could do to build upon or improve this concept, but due to lack of epicness (which, again, couldn't really be included in this story) I give Repression 7/8.

-- 31TeV on 10/7/2014 11:54:56 AM

9 years ago

I can feature comments, I just can't award the points for them.

9 years ago

The Impossible Game [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-impossible-game]

Shopping at Wal-Mart! [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/shopping-at-wal~2dmart~21]

Demo 1.0 [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/demo-1~2e0]

9 years ago

Delete story:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/pant-pooper

Absolutely terrible story, 4 pages long and makes no sense.

9 years ago

It hasn't been up for a week yet. (part of minimum site standards.)

9 years ago
Yes, Taco's right. Tequila, I know you're new but now you've been made aware of the site standards. In future, you'll also need to state exactly how a storygame meets site standards for deletion. Otherwise you won't get the points!

Also bear in mind that it isn't fair to others who have been waiting long enough to be allowed to recommend the storygame for deletion. This is an even bigger issue when the mods have been inactive for months with deleting games. In a few months' time it will be difficult to tell who made the first proper recommendation.

9 years ago

Crap, I just noticed there are 4 featured comments on Paradise Violated. I guess whenever someone has the time just unfeature whichever comment is considered the most inferior.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/paradise-violated

9 years ago
When you recomend a comment for featuring, you are the one who's supposed to decide which comment is the most inferior.

9 years ago

Yeah, but he's not recommending a comment, he's just saying that there aren't suppose to be four featured comments on the story, haha... xD

9 years ago
Yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, he recommended new comments for featuring just earlier which resulted in the extra featured comment.

9 years ago

Oh. *oblivious* Well ... there's that. xD

(Zombie Kiel is zombie. Need sleep.)

9 years ago

My point was, I don't care which one gets deleted. If the mods want to leave up 4 featured comments for a story well that's up to them, but I know there's supposed to be a 3 feature limit so I was pointing it out to correct the mistake.

9 years ago

Makes sense.

9 years ago

Peer Pressure [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/peer-pressure]

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/tales-from-the-basement

mmmmmuuuuurrrrrrggghhhh.

-- me on 12/30/2013 12:11:44 AM

LOL 10K Dollar in Mexico only 2 Dollar
What the heck my mom married to lesbian -_-

-- RabbitSeason on 12/29/2013 3:20:05 AM

terrible

-- ceebee on 4/14/2013 2:49:40 AM

Allah hu akbar Allah hu akbar

-- Allah on 3/23/2013 6:27:50 PM

9 years ago

Here's a hyperlink, just to make it easier for the mods.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/tales-from-the-basement

9 years ago

I don't really see anything wrong with the Rabbit Season one, in the first line he's actually making reference to one of the endings in the story.

Not sure why he felt the need to tell us his mom married a lesbian, but I suppose the story just effected him so greatly that he felt he could open up like that.

9 years ago
That was actually another ending in the game. If you choose not to sell your mom's picture to the guy in Mexico, you end up selling it to a lesbian, I believe, and she ends up marrying your mom.

9 years ago

Yes I know, but it's more amusing to me the way I said it.

9 years ago

double post!

9 years ago

Might as well use one of my repeating posts for something else.

Comment for deletion

This one is a double comment:

amazing
-- sam on 11/15/2014 2:59:13 PM

9 years ago

'Amazing' use of a site glitch. :P

9 years ago
Well, I had to be sure. You did forget writing a vampire blood orgy in Death Song.

9 years ago

How does that make it easier? It's not that hard to highlight it and paste it into the search bar.

9 years ago
Or highlight, right click, and open link.

9 years ago

Exactly

9 years ago
Still, hyperlinks are appreciated well by the admins and mods.

9 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/minecraft-online     (Sorry I can't hyperlink)

I'd like to request to feature my comment on Minecraft Online

It was an alright story, it just needed improvement. You should have used better grammar and increased the length of the story. You also left lots of questions in my mind like, "Who am I playing as?" and "What does the cave or desert look like?" I think you should concentrate on description and length, but it still deserves a 4 star rating.

-- Tequila on 11/16/2014 4:55:15 AM with a score of 1

9 years ago
Why can't you hyperlink might I ask? As for the comment, it isn't bad, but it isn't really feature worthy in my opinion.

9 years ago

Go to source. Input: <a href ="URL">Link Text</a>

Edit: You guys wouldn't believe how hard it was to type the line above with Rich Text Editor turned off.

9 years ago

XD Turn it on

9 years ago

Stuck Up GAme [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/stuck-up-game]

9 years ago

dunno if this  goes here but someone RATED my unpublished game, "Sonny"

9 years ago

(Someone once rated "A Game of Life and Death" before it was finished, too... random and impossible to do anything about now, but yeah...)

9 years ago
You could remove all end game links until you're just about to publish it, but it would be a pain. Another non-ideal solution would be to turn off sneak preview.

9 years ago

I actually think turning off the sneak preview is pretty feasible if you want to make sure that doesn't happen.

9 years ago
I thought JJJ made it so that End Game links were greyed out.

9 years ago

You'd have to set up link restrictions for that, which is also doable.

9 years ago
3J talked about automatically doing that and several of the unpublished games I have played have had greyed out links, so I assumed that he had made the adjustment. But, then again, I guess he doesn't have the ability to do that himself.

9 years ago

the adventure of awesomeness [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-adventure-of-awesomeness]

9 years ago

My Little Pony Game: Day 3
- http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game~3a-day-2
- This should have a difficulty of 1, not 7
- There's absolutely no way to lose, given that there's no Game Over page, or really anything that says you picked the wrong link whatsoever.

My Little Pony Game: day 2
- http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game~3a-day-2
- This should also have a difficulty of 1, not 7
- There's absolutely no way to lose, given that there's no Game Over page, or really anything that says you picked the wrong link whatsoever.

9 years ago
The links both lead to the same game.

9 years ago

Oops

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game~3a-day-3 for the first one

9 years ago

9 years ago

You the first one.

9 years ago
What are you asking for? Deletion? You should follow the guidelines in the OP.

9 years ago

I say that the difficulty needs to be changed, so that's what I meant.

9 years ago
Suggestion for Deletion (/un-publishing):

Choices of Death 2: Story has received 33 ratings, has been published over 2 months, and is rated 1/8. AND has a length of 1/8.

Beest Storeygaem: Story has received 44 ratings, has been published over 2 months, and is rated 1/8. AND has a length of 1/8.

Cross-breeding: Story has received 50 ratings, has been published over 3 months, and is rated 1/8. AND has a length of 1/8.

new night: Story has received 47 ratings, has been published over 3 months, and is rated 1/8. AND has a length of 1/8.

Stuck Up GAme: Story has received 28 ratings, has been published over 3 weeks, and is rated 1/8. AND has a length of 1/8.

9 years ago
@Ogre11, remember to use <p> tags to separate paragraphs when RTE is turned off.

9 years ago
Thanks -- I had forgotten that, then when I read my post and screamed, I quickly ran back to edit!

9 years ago
@Ogre11 Good work on finding those, but they've all already been recommended for deletion/unpublishing. I know this is a long thread but if you use ctrl+f (or cmd+f for mac users) you can find out quickly whether other people have recommended something before you.

There aren't any active mods at the moment who are taking care of these recommendations (except for featured comments, and even then no one gets points) and that's why there are many games still published from months ago that meet deletion requirements. So if a storygame has been around for a long time and hasn't been deleted, it's very unlikely that someone hasn't already spotted it and reported it. It's probably best to seek out more recent games when recommending them for deletion, and there really aren't very many of those. But I'm sure there are plenty of storygames that need category/maturity rating/difficulty rating/tag changes.

9 years ago
Excellent, thanks for the update! I didn't think of searching the thread.

9 years ago

Recommending a comment for deletion. 

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-choose~2dyour~2down~2dadventure-poem

UMMMM i thought it was fine but at the same time it was lil funny. OH REMEMBER BIG FANF OF BOYS WHO R HOT,LOVEABLE,CUTE,GOOD SINGER,THINKS IM PRETTY, AND LOVE POKEMON. LOVE U ALL! SINGLE GIRL LOVEBUG12 OUT! loved ur story!!!(: <3
-- lovebug12 on 10/17/2014 10:41:30 AM

It's almost incomprehensible. The grammar is awful. It's basically a poorly written dating site page in the form of a comment. It's mostly unrelated to the story. 

9 years ago

The adventure of Albert Einstein [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-adventure-of-albert-einstein]

9 years ago

Recommending comment for deletion:

I see you edited your story. This site isn't a little hobby site. If you make a story, I'd suggest you'd make it good, or else we'll rate it badly. This isn't a mamby pamby hobby site, if you make a story, expect it to be rated and criticized. If you can't expect criticism, don't bother making a story.
-- Chris113022 on 12/6/2014 5:13:04 PM

(On story: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/five-nights-at-freddy's-~7eanimatronics~7e)

Reason: My grammar was a bit off. I reposted the comment fixing my grammar.

9 years ago
People write stories on here in their spare time for fun. How is anything but a hobby site?

I think you should re-re-do your comment. :P

9 years ago

Well, it's still a hobby site, but not one where people will think it's great when it's shit.

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for deletion.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/what-if-you-died-but-didn%27t-really-die

It's been rated more than seven times, and has a rating of 2/8 and a length of 1/8.

9 years ago
I beat you to it a month ago. Use ctrl+f to check because there aren't any mods actively deleting games at the moment.

9 years ago

Hey, just an FYI for people posting in this thread--

I can: feature/unfeature comments, delete comments, move a story into another category, change maturity/difficulty/tags

I can't: delete games or award points

9 years ago
Not to sound too point-hungry, but do you think we'll eventually be able to get the points for recommendations that we do now? As in when a mod/admin who is able to give away points starts actively doing it.

9 years ago

Can someone promote you to a position where you can do that, Seth? Or are your current limitations permenant?

9 years ago

Lol. JJ was promoted by "fair and open election," so I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

9 years ago

Why put quotes around that? And why shouldn't I? My hopes are just to get more active admins.

9 years ago

@31Tev : Are you asking if I make changes based on your recommendations, will you eventually be given points for it?  I'm keeping a list for it, so hopefully yes.

@Kiel_Farren : One of the current admins would have to upgrade me. 

9 years ago

It's the difference between being a mod and an admin.

9 years ago

That's what I assumed, but I asked anyway.

9 years ago

A BORING STORY GAME [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/a-boring-story-game]

This storygame meets the requirements for deletion.

Grammar and style poor enough that it cannot be ignored - this storygame has poor punctuation, weird use of brackets, and no clear indication of what the choices actually mean.

A plot which is poor or nonexistent - there is no plot whatsoever.

Poor pacing (usually characterized by frequent and unpredictable end game links) - all the endings are very abrupt no matter what links you click.

A lack of important decisions - there is no story or anything otherwise remotely interesting whatsoever so the player's decisions have no importance at all.

The dialogue part doesn't apply because there isn't any in this storygame.

Just a suggestion, but I think there should be an addition to the minimum storygame standards.

The game recommended for deletion here is explicitly stated by the author in the description and even the title that it's meant to be a bad storygame. I think that if the author makes it clear that a storygame is intentionally very poor in quality AND the writing matches this claim, that should warrant its immediate deletion. It's just asking to get your game deleted. Otherwise it's possible that it will be a whole week before it can be deleted according to the current site rules.

These trolls are abusing the storygame editor and the website. I feel that it's important to teach them that it's unacceptable behaviour by quickly clamping down on them.

9 years ago
^I'm inclined to agree here.

9 years ago

Damn it, Tev. 

9 years ago
What, you mean about me beating you? I've been recommending all the games for deletion for a while now. You just need more dedication. :P

9 years ago

31Tev - Bane of Children. Lol, jk jk. 

9 years ago

Recommending a storygame for a category change.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/pokemon-adventure~3a-the-story-of-ash-ketchum-(part-1)

It's based off the existing franchise, Pokémon. It ought to be changed from Fantasy Adventure to Fan Fiction. 

9 years ago
...and then purged from the face of the Earth.

9 years ago
Done.

9 years ago

FWIW: I wouldn't give points for recommending any changes to a game that gets deleted for not meeting minimum standards.

9 years ago

Is that before or after they get deleted? 

9 years ago

My Little Pony Game [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game]

Gatsby Myrtle [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/gatsby-myrtle]

9 years ago

candyland
This game isn't even close to being ready to publish.  In addition to there being little or no plot, it appears not to have been proofread at all.  And at least half (possibly more) of the links in the game are broken.  I spent more time on the 'Go Back' button than I did reading it...

9 years ago

@TheNewIAP

If you're going to recommend a story for unpublishing, you need to say why it fails to meet minimum site standards. In this case, it might possibly fit number three.

9 years ago

My Little Pony Game: Day 2 [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game~3a-day-2]

My Little Pony Game: day 3 [http://chooseyourstory.com/story/my-little-pony-game~3a-day-3]