Let it be said that Mizal forced me into posting by sticking a loaded gun to my head convinced me to post here.
Now obviously I bring along my best bro Tim because he's my best bro.
Next I'll bring along Sent, because he can keep us all entertained with stories about the war or whatever he goes on about. And also because I think he might bring along a can labeled "octopus?", never hurts to have more... Food I think?
For my third pick, I'll bring along End, because when we inevitably leave the bunker we have to have someone who can make the hard decisions like killing a puppy for food.
For my fourth pick, I'll bring along Wibn, because he does farming and maybe he can make us some food with those farming skillz.
For my fifth and final pick, I dunno, Corgi. We need a team pet.
Obviously my list is a prequel to Dusty Fist and we all become those raiders.
Let’s see in alphabetical order:
4 of them seem like they would have useful skills inside and out of the bunker. Cricket, I’m obviously taking so I know I’ll at least have one person on my side if all else fails.
Now Mizal said she probably couldn’t be in a bunker with Cricket, so if she’s rather die in a nuclear fire instead, I guess I’ll take Briar rather than Mizal.
Yes, it is very sad that I’m not taking OG Thara, but there’s not enough room and Cricket gets along with all of the above people so other than there potentially being friction with Mizal (assuming she comes), Cricket is a lot less likely to be lynched immediately by the others.
Mizal, because having someone that's familiar with multiple forms of food prep can keep everyone else alive. We've talked about canning, and freezing food. I also wouldn't at all be surprised if you were familiar with several ways to jerk meat or how to make pemmican. I'm also half convinced that most of the CYSers have burned water, and I've also seen the food shots you post on the discord server, and they all look delicious.
EndMaster, because he seems socially flexible. I've seen him change how he conducts himself around various servers and forums. Having someone around who can carry on a conversation and maintain eye contact, and who is more or less on my side would be handy. Most CYSers seem to be hermits of some sort. After we leave the vault, having a face is a must if we don't come out into a friendly or open society.
IAP. I don't know if we're going to come out into civilization or how much of the population is going to have survived. Having someone for the post apocalyptic world that knows how to kill, clean, and skin an animal could potentially be life saving. He also knows other ways to survive in the wilderness because that's where the man lives.
Chan-bot. Yeah, he's abrasive, but he's still a fair engineer. Being stuck in a vault for years is going to suck no matter who you're in there with, and having someone that can produce solutions to various mechanical, or electrical problems can make the vault more survivable. He would also be able to produce those same solutions with whatever happened to still be around afterwards. I'm not saying it would be easy to convince him to make those solutions if he didn't feel like it, but he would be capable of it.
The fifth person is a bit iffy. I don't know of any CYSers that have a medical background. Modern agriculture wouldn't be able to be maintained in a post apocalyptic setting, so a gardener would be just as handy as a farmer. Most of the people I've chosen so far are a little bit older so I might just pick someone younger who could handle manual labor and not be broken by it. Wibn, Cricket or AYT maybe? Not certain who I would choose if I had time to talk to a few more people about it, but right now I would probabaly choose Wibn, because I know he'd get the job done and complain the least about it.
Rub it in. You were wise to complain about how much work you do for free.
"I also wouldn't at all be surprised if you were familiar with several ways to jerk meat"
Whoa, let's keep this post apocalyptic setting wholesome and not speculate on Mizal's meat jerking skills. (or lack thereof)
Had to make it weird, didn't you? Of course you did. This is CYS. It's going to be a long couple of years.
You already brought Ford with you in the bunker, it's going to get a whole lot weirder.
Yeah. I regretted that as I was typing that. I get the idea that he wouldn't be as bad in person, and he wouldn't have the internet, which would somewhat limit his depravity. Hopefully someone brings along an impressive set of board games.
Fair enough. I was only thinking about skill set the whole time. I'll swap out Ford for Cricky, that way End has a minion and there's less of a chance of shanking.
Hmm...This is difficult.
I would take:
1. EndMaster. Because of obvious reasons. Also, because End’s got logic and some insight into apocalyptic settings.
2. Mizal. She also has a good logical sense as well as being pretty conversational, so we would never get bored in the bunker. Both End and Mizal’s logistical traits would help a lot with rationing food or interacting with the outside if need be.
3. IAP. IAP is pretty much a rugged mountain man who can lift a bunch of things, make a bunch of things, etc.
4. Cricket. Because Cricket is just Cricket.
5. WIBN. He has a funny sense of humor, I guess, and he’s the #2 chicken person.
Yeah. You do seem to be the social butterfly of the site. Wibbons seems to make it into most of the bunkers too.
Yeah. The power team seems to be Mizal, Endmaster, IAP, Cricket and Wibbons.
First off I'll bring EndMaster. He would make sure nobody else decides to eat me--probably, would be good company, would be great after we leave the bunker on account of having grown up in a post-apocalyptic environment himself. Plus has the +2 wisdom bonus for being over forty.
Now, I am obligated to bring Nehal and Corgi thanks to something said on the Discord without the knowledge this would actually happen. They, uh, they would be cool to hang around? I don't really know what skills they have. Corgi could do the landscaping and Nehal probably knows enough about hand looms to make clothes when the time comes? That unviolence princiole could become an issue later on though. And Corgi would probably chop his fingers off if he wasn't supervised at all times. Oh geez....
Next I would bring Mizal. With End around to keep her from eating me, things would probably be fine. We'd probably get along better IRL anyway, on account of me talking far, far less. Actually, wait. She's going to constantly complain about not having enough hot sauce or fresh vegetables or some shit like that, even though there is limited hot sauce and zero fresh vegetables in the bunker--just like North Dakota. Ugh, she can still come because blah blah she'll survive anyway and kill me later if she doesn't blah, and she can play mom to the others.
At this point, am I to be forgiven if I don't bring Wibbons? No, probably not. I guess he can come. Might end up being more useful than most of us here if he doesn't use his newfound freedom to slack off and doesn't complain about his now near certainty of dying single. At least if End ever gives him something, he can pretend it was his trophy.
Not bringing Digit because he probably started this in the first place. IAP is out because, frankly, I don't think he would APPRECIATE my bunker and would probably go on about how great it would be the sleep outside under the no longer visible stars at night, bash zombies/raiders/furry heads in in tje morning, and swim in the irradiated pools in the afternoon. No, sir. I am NOT living with that. Ghost would kill herself by drinking the contents of an aerosol can of window cleaner in an attempt to get high or just see what happens. Sentinel has his own faction of furry homies that can have fun together, and we have no room for his girlfriend. Ford would likely be shanked before he could do anything useful. Sabley will probably be fine with her husband wherever they go, and she's a scary woman mean girl. Anyone with kids isn't coming pretty much, because they can go find their own arrangements and be happy rather than be that one guy who dies a tragic death just before being reunited with his family for emotional impact. Coins is a filthy commie. I don't know who this STEVE some of you have mentioned is. Tim and Chris will have cool adventures together and don't need me. Everyone else is probably some sort of gay homo faggot and not worth bringing up anyway, or they are a kid.
Alright, some of you guys think you know who to bring on your bunker adventure, but trust me, I am an expert at survival and living in small areas with too many people for years. Now, some of these choices are based on personal preference, so please, if you know someone equal in power and skills, feel free to substitute. Anyway, onto the list:
1. Chris. Now I know what you're thinking, "haha of course you'd choose him you're bffs do it for the Tim n Chris meme lol". Yes. But also, Chris is, like, a BIG guy. Like I think he might be bigger than me by a bit. Combined with his deep and manly voice, I feel very intimidated. And that's EXACTLY how the other wastelanders are gonna feel when they get a load of this guy. Chris has also beaten people stronger than him in a fight, so he definitely is a good choice for the big tough guy in our wasteland party. He is also experienced in living the nomadic spartan life, so the bunker phase and transition should be a breeze.
2. Mizal. Now I know what you're thinking, "Tim why are you even about to explain Mizal, everyone knows she's a top-tier choice". Stop interrupting my train of thought. Mizal has definitely hunted animals before, as evident of her tales of snake-beheading and also how boars are kinda hard to kill, naturally making her the hunter-gatherer Walker Texas Ranger of the group. She has also clearly handled a gun before, making her a definite spot on the Wasteland group, above me and Chris combat-wise because no doubt she could probably beat both of us into the dirt, but below both of us diplomatically, as she clearly has no desire to ever deal with people and probably hates having to deal with the group regularly. Lastly, judging by how the Discord Scullery was literally created by her, to show off food that she made, she's more than likely a pretty amazing cook. It's not a gender thing because she's a woman and women are good cooks or something. It's a Texas thing. She is from rural Texas. And rural Texas is pretty much already a wasteland.
3. Mayana. Now I know what you're thinking, "Tim, Maya is literally blind, how can she be of any help, are you just choosing people you like at this point and adding BS answers in post". No, let me finish. Sure, Maya may be blind. But here's something you probably didn't think about: It's pretty dark underground. Especially at nighttime, where the solar panels no longer work and we actually have to conserve electricity. Maya can work effectively in both scenarios. After the first week or two, she'll probably know the bunker better than the rest of us. Another thing you probably didn't think of, but Maya is on a completely different sleep schedule from the rest of us. So, while we're sleeping in the bunker, she'll be wide awake, continuing work during the night shift. Ironically, she'll also be able to hear if there's any bandits outside breaking in while we slumber, making her a perfect lookout. But her real task, her unique objective, will be to chronicle our lives. She'll record the events of the day in writing, and she can even do it in languages other than English, just in case the Russians decide to invade and find it in their looting.
4. IAP. Now I know what you're thinking, "Tim, IAP is one of the most obvious choices, how is he 4th on the list?". What did I just say in Mizal's explanation cut it out and leave me alone. Anyway, yes, IAP definitely has the construction skills and general life experience over everyone here, making him a vital figure in the Wasteland phase, but I think everyone is overlooking some pretty harsh downsides. First of all, he is pretty old. This comes with all the Old Guy downsides, like his withering old man body hurting in key areas and sometimes just not working right for no reason, taking old man naps all the time, and always going on old man rants about how his cable company always tried to screw him back before the apocalypse. And if he gets sick with his weak Old Man Immune System, which he likely will because getting sick is practically part of growing old, that's a pretty large medicine investment to cure him, and if that fails I might as well have started out with 4 people, because he's gonezo. That being said, he also comes equipped with the Old Man upsides, like old man level-headedness making him a strong mediator, old man strength from his constructive hobbies, and old man stories from back when coffee only cost a dollar. All in all, a very neutral, balanced choice.
5. Sent. Now I know what you're thinking, "duh duh duh sent is a bad choice duh duh duh". That's you. That's what your thoughts are like. Anyway, a controversial choice, yes. Sent himself even says that he'd be the worst choice in a world-ending scenario. But if I know Sent, a I know that he is really good at two things: Organizing stuff, and getting everyone to agree with what he says. Two of the most vital skills in an apocalypse setting. He is a very humble person, and was a extremely worthy candidate for CYS presidency. Had my ambition been weaker, I would have gladly accepted a position as his VP. So while he may be average during the Bunker Phase and pretty much useless during the Wasteland Phase, it's the Rebuild Phase where he really steals the show. He has the ability to rally the people under one group. His planning and strategy is among the highest levels. I think he'd actually be a worthy community leader, directing who does what and planning our next moves. As a bonus, he's from Wisconsin. And what's the one thing people from Wisconsin know best? Cheese. So not only will he be a pretty okay assistant to Mizal in the kitchen, he will both figuratively and literally cheese his way to victory.
And there's the list. If your list looks nothing like this, with nobody with these skills, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Some honorable mentions who didn't make the list include:
End. While he is possibly better at organizing things than Sent, I fear his Chaotic Neutral nature will shift to a Chaotic Evil one once he realizes he could do much better organizing the enemy raiding parties like Caeser.
Sabley. A good choice for farming and breeding livestock. Unfortunately, she tends to get very attached to her chickens, naming them even, and after she's done crying over her lost chickens and husband, I feel she'll shift into unhinged territory and play god with her chickens more than she already does.
Wibbons. An all-around better farming choice compared to Sabley, with pretty much an unfeeling calculation when it comes time to reap. However, as noted by plenty of members of the site, he tends to say stupid things that he thinks is funny, which can lead to some friction in the group and trouble with trade. Also, he keeps pushing the "Tim only says 'Tim'" agenda, so he can go live in a bombed-out house somewhere dying of dehydration with the other mongoloids.
And so concludes the Answer Sheet to the Vault CYS Poll. Just remember, if the worst does happen and the apocalypse does occur, nobody from a writing website will be able to save you.
Endmaster is of course Lawful Evil, not Chaotic Neutral.
Nah man, you barely know End. He's a mad lad who'll kill us all if given the chance.
When it comes down to it, I’m pretty lawful evil.
Chaos is only good in the short term to keep the lower ranks from organizing properly or to bring down an undesirable order and restructure a more accommodating one.
I always somehow knew when this thread went up that I'd be someone's version of Piggy in Lord of the Flies!
I also always knew there would one day be a time when I didn't regret reading that book!
Two of my wishes came true in one day. I can only hope that all this longterm planning doesn't go to waste when Mayana kills me in my sleep for rambling about wizard books in Mizal's Very Serious Hypotheticals.
Going off the premise of some strange disease turning people into furries, and those furries going mad and trying to vore all non-furries. There must be a hidden, secret place to escape to. Aha! Im already far ahead. While there are many cool people. These cool people won out for various reasons.
Anyways, my list: miz, cricky, wibn, sent, and End
End: Our dark lord and savior, because that and we need someone who can at last raise us up into undeath should the worst occur. Although killing ourselves then being turned undead might be the best way to go. No food, no water, no bathrooms or anything would be needed.
Mizal: She can kill snakes and if we can setup internet she will have access to an abundance of video games. She could probably keep us all from doing something insanely retarded too. May be able to offer some communication with the furry hordes :D
Cricky: It wouldnt be surviving the apocalypse without Cricket around to shame us when we fall back on our word. Also she can breath hellfire and chirp the word of God upon the furry heathens and other foul survivors. Also she makes a mean stir fry.
Sent: Where would we be without our crippled war hero sitting in the corner with his wheelchair, rambling about past and future glories to himself? Sents indispensable wisdom will surely aid us in the days to come. Also between Miz and Crickets regular cooking skills, Sents knowledge of occult soups and salads will add variety to our days.
The Fifth Survivor: I am sorry to say it, but in a an epic contest of life and death, AYT punched my original last choice, Wibns, in the dick and took his place. She supposedly has indispensable martial arts, musical, and some medical skills.
Honorable Mention: I was going to pick Wibn for his valauable construction skills and general personality. Fortunately AYT had mercy on Wibns, and finished him off with her cartoon sticker covered pipe before the furries could use him as a human body pillow.
The 1 week to 3 months we all last in here should be interesting.
Hey Mizal, how long do you think you could go without losing your shit with this line up in the bunker?
That sounds less like a survival group and more like a knife fight.
As you can all tell, Maya followed the answer sheet. A++. Or, Y'know, 5. Because Slovenian grading systems.
I live in the great sahara thats apocalyptic enough for me.
No bunker . we'll live as nomads in the great desert .
Who would hit South Africa with WMD's?
the area is very rich in natural resources such as oil . gas (second largest provider to europe after russian Gasprom) . very rich sea wildlife . diverse arable land that provides variety of fruit and vegetables and rich in precious minerals as well as being the gateway between europe and africa through spain and italy . the area would be highly contested by world powers in case of world war and post apocalyptic civilizations for resources.
As you said, it might be contested. Probably not hit by any WMDs. I can't think of a nuclear power that would hit any part of Africa with anything Nuclear. Most of what I've been able to hear about the majority of Africa is that the nice parts are rife with corruption, nepotism, and the warriors of the local tribes are disciplined enough to not openly start fighting. It might get gassed if someone wanted to move their own population into the area without contest, but I don't see that as likely.
I could see fallout being an issue, but outside of that like you said it's pretty post apocalyptic already.
Depends on who's best for eating. There're only enough supplies for one person and it's gonna be ME.
Not Cricky 'cos not enough nutrition.
Not End 'cos I'd be eviscerated.
Probably a group of unsuspecting newbies that have no place else to go. If I'm feeling lonely I'll keep one around.
But when it's time to exit the bunker, I definitely don't want to be sharing food with anyone. Given it's a wasteland I'm expecting subsistence living to be the way things go till we all eventually cark it. And the natural extension of famine: everyone resorts to cannibalism. So there's a point against staying in a group - you show a bit of weakness and you could end up being dinner. In addition, having to take care of a wounded team member, or Mayana during day time, makes traversing the hellscape much harder than it needs to be. Unless you have a vehicle - which means you need to have lots of gas/petrol - more ground would be covered without a group. All the benefits of safety in numbers etc. are valid if you have a reliable source of food. That's a big if.
Also lol to rebuilding.
Anyways, if anyone wants to bunker down together just let me know beforehand.
@325boy ; @nocturne ; @ApricotMarshy ; @BluePony ; @oraclemache
The fact anyone would send a "just got laid selfie" is disturbing
I genuinely hope that we don't run out of food while sharing a bunker, because I really would prefer not to get eaten, lol.
Nah nah we're not gonna wait till we start running out of food, we'll kill you right away so we don't have to worry about having another mouth to feed.
Sorry friendo, but in this new world, it's YEET or be YEETed.
Well then, I'm glad that my body and living quarters was used for a good cause- to help the rest of you survive. All I ask in return is for me to die a quick, painless death, or for me to taste my first sip of alcohol and then I can finally rest in peace.
While I kinda disagree with some of the choices, my Answer Sheet applied to all the phases, while you customized yours to maximize effectiveness in the bunker phase. Pretty great and unique idea. A-.
Well, the fact that I’m halfway around the world from most of y’all would probably mean that this would likely never happen; but anyway here goes...
Most important part about living in a secluded spot with a group of people for years is not going mentally insane. As for life outside the vault, well as Mizal said, it really wouldn’t be that hard to rebuild so my choices are only going to be based with people who I get along(or like to think that I get along).
1) Undr- I know, I know she’s not been around here, but I really got along with her a lot. Being stuck in a vault for for decades with someone who I can brainstorm my sciency and nerdy stuff with would really help my mental health. Plus she’s Italian and is probably a good cook.
2) Derpussen- We get along well, I think. He’s one of the few people that I’ve chatted with in voice chat, and from what I know he’s a very hard worker. He also has experience in traveling around a lot and living in the country and those skills could come in value. Lastly, I think he has a feel of maturity which could make him a good leader of the group and keep the rest of us in line.’
3)Mayana- I think I get along with her too, since we’ve chatted a lot. Even though she has an obvious physical disadvantage, that could be easily made up with a little bit care from the others. Plus she has a very sharp mind and could be the team strategist and quartermaster who could effectively ration our supplies.
4) Mizal- I think we get along, since she was the first person here who I could properly chat with; and I think we could really be good friends IRL. She comes with the added advantage of being an adult and could kinda become like a motherly figure for our group of children, but well, if she gets annoyed she could easily decide to blow holes in all of us with her shotgun and keep all the supplies for herself, which I hope doesn’t happen so we’ll have to be careful...
She and cricket would probably not get along, but I think overtime they will; since they don’t have any serious blood feud with each other(yet...)
5) Cricket- She’s pretty fun to be around with, and I like to think we get along; even though she thinks I’m some sort of ‘gay homo faggot’ and always has a general disdain for me. Most of all though, I think she has a very resilient mind and would probably not be one of those who go insane and begin killing everyone else due to long term confinement. She’s also extremely social, and her personality would probably help to reduce boredom, which is important since boredom could lead to a mental breakdown.
6) Me- My personality online and offline is of stark contrast. I like to think of myself as a somewhat social person, but I’m adaptable to wherever I go due to my family moving around a lot, I’ve lived in the country as well as a bustling city and managed to adapt. I’m friendly and most of my irl friends sometimes tell me I’m way to naïve for my own good, so that could be an issue I guess. I’ve done kickboxing for 1 and a half year so I have experience in hand to hand combat. I’ve also had a hobby of shooting for quite a while, so I’m fairly okay with most generic pistols and rifles. As for procurement of a gun in India, my mom always keeps one in the house, since it’s required in her line of work(and she taught me how to use one in the first place).
Realistically speaking, this is almost impossible, unless any one of y’all are on vacation here on the day of Armageddon. The only person who could be with me is Nehal, since we’re in the same country; and I’ll probably shoot her in the face if she bothers me too much.
Seeing as none of y’all chose me, I’ll probably most likely be alone.
Oh and honourable mention to Ninja, I’m not really sure about your abilities but you seem cool and calculated so o might replace you with cricket.
Yey! I'm not going to die! ^_^
I'm not convinced that locking yourself in that bunker with those people means you aren't going to die.
We can survive eating the cats that Wibbons kills for us. ^_^?
KitKatKaity - She's cool.
That's all I can think of atm as I've only really chatted with her. Boring, I know.
Sorry I didn't know this poll was for the clique only. I'll go back to my hole now.
Bumped for Cricket.
Switching out Wibbons for Thara.
Wibbons fucked up and isn’t in good standing with the rest of the Villains anymore and IAP can probably do all the stuff that Wibbons can anyway.
So new line up is:
Where Am I to buy my own vault?
Why I have to choose people? Instead, be alone. Okay, I will bring Gower to murder him most gruesome way possible, I will pick Corgi and pirate because they are nice with me. Mizal because is practical and maintain control and Cricket because I have fun with her.
I dunno exactly what he did really, but he pissed off various Villains, so he's out.
Oh wait, now I remember. He got into it with Chris and Tim I think. Then that spiraled into pissing off Mizal and I think everyone else pretty much agreed at that point he was being a faggot about it all.
I wasn't really around for the major blow up, but that's about the size of it.
Alright.... people who I'll take with me to a bunker and the apocalypse... ok!
I know little about these people so here goes:
1). EndMaster because he's probably got some demonic ritual shit going on and we need protection from cultists
2). Cricket because... cricket
3). Ogre11 because Ogres are fat and good for calories
4). 3J because we need someone who can rain down things from the sky or some shit (idk lol)
5). Avery_ Moore because she makes face emoticons on the forums
My reasons are absolutely sound and need no questioning. Move along.
Nah, I got a few hazmat suits in my closet(don't ask) and some noise-canceling headphones. I'm good.
1) Endmaster cuz he can probably keep the others in line
2) Gower because he seems nice and can maybe entertain us
3) Cricket because talking crickets are sort of useful
4) C6H8O6 because I know him irl
5) venyanwarrior so that End and Cricket make fun of him instead of me, also possibly good calories for consuming if we get bored of him.
Sounds great to me.
I'm skinny, I'm not good for calories.
That's why I said that you might be good for calories, and you have other uses as well.
Yes, I am good at squeezing in tight spaces and driving fake cars fast. I'm the next Bear Grills!
Wait then why didn't you just delete this one
Ok, granted, it has been a while since I've been on this website. But why are all of you choosing Endmaster? He's at the top of my "would be willing to eat human flesh if things go wrong" list. As for who I would bring, I'll have to think about that.
Mizal seems to know what's up and Gower seems to have some ingenuity that would help. But that's just spit balling. I'll need to go scour some forums to see if there are any hidden survival skills for others I suppose.
And if it gets me any points towards someone's list, I've done some long-term, long-distance backpacking, make some of my own gear, and have an odd quantity of knowledge about homesteading (candles, soap from ash, tanning hides via brain material, etc.).
GAHHH you did that on purpose. The comma too!!!!
Haha, I actually do editing work on the side so we probably share that aggravation. But grammar is for working and forums are for typing the way I talk.
Oh god, I can only imagine then. At least I get paid more the worse the text is, haha.
No! I was going to pick you for my vault, but I don't think I can now. You'd grammar prank me to death.
But then, dark and fiendish humor might be an asset through the oppressive years as our stalwart band of six awaits the reblooming of the Earth. It could toughen us up for the trials ahead, for when we finally exit our living tomb and rise to conquer a transformed world, only to find the flowers are fed by the dust of bones.
I've only been around about a month, so I don't know everyone, but I think I would pick:
1. mizal - she seems to have a wide variety of skills, including food prep, apparently, and could function as a team lead. She'd probably be the sort to press everyone's buttons, on purpose, after a while, but if we can survive that then zombie hordes and mutant orcs should be a breeze.
2. Gower - we need a lore master, both for the days below ground when we must learn of history, and for the days above when we must write it. He seems disturbed enough to handle the apocalypse without cracking. There is the risk he might leave us one day to find where the sky touches the horizon, but in the meantime we have someone to spin tales for entertainment and tutor us in valuable knowledge.
3. Bill Ingersol - He looks to have some mountain climbing and all-weather survival skills, plus he is familiar with the various dangers alien worlds may present. And a post-apocalyptic Earth might as well be a new alien planet.
4. ninjapitka - Bodies everywhere? No problem; he'll just put on a kettle of tea. Assuming he doesn't kill us and turn us into his puppets while in the bunker, he should be a handy Mad Max sort once we venture above.
5. MadHattersDaughter - because we need someone to jumpstart human culture once above, and to keep our spirits up while underground. And because she can chronicle the rise and fall of civilization in drawings on the bunker walls.
I hope everyone's OK if I bring my dog. Otherwise, it looks like fun times. Who's bringing the beer?
I guess that would make you and Bill roommates. And the dog, of course. We need the drama of what happens when he sheds on Gower's decliner, or when the food gets low and we need protein, or when the dog is bitten by a radioactive cockroach and turns rabid.
But hey, if he survives until we reach the surface, we'll have a guard dog and a tracker. Assuming its not a daschund or some little dog - in which case the dog is definitely getting eaten.
Bella is definitely not a daschund. Her specialties are snuggling on the couch and giving unsolicited kisses. Getting bit by a radioactive cockroach is a distinct possibility, though. I'll make sure her rabies vaccine is up to date before the zombies strike.
That dog looks like a survivor. Excellent. I like the heroic pose, gazing off into the middle distance.
It's not as bad as my first couple of attempts to post my Boris pic, which ended up a little psychedelic.
I think he's just upset that we're going to be partying inside the bunker while he's left outside as zombie bait.
Best lineup yet! I imagine Bill is terrified by the fact there will be no one to read his stories. ;~)
Here's the full size version!
That's quite the dance I'm doing back there! Awesome drawing as usual.
(Oh, and my mommy says all of my stories are terrific!)
That's a fun thought!
Haha! I love this so much. Your art is so expressive.
Well. I now regret not being a significant member of the site. I'll need to start writing again. Then I'll need to figure out how to write well.
This is incredible! You even threw in Boris. And Gower managed to get a recliner into the bunker before the end, of course.
I'm just really amused by how Mizal looks.
You're an entertaining person. This kind of style fits CYS perfectly. Wait, are those.....spoils from the strawberry pudding spork war?!
PS: Your illustrations make me smile hehe :))
Definitely another great piece of art, MHD.
MHD is certainly a way better artist than that overrated fucktard Quiller that's for sure.
Had hesitated to join this one, since I know next to nothing about anyone here, but I'll give it a go.
1. Mizal- Mizal seems nice, yet sarcastic, with a bunch of practical skills while still being generally personable. I feel she would be able to help with leadership--especially since she knows everyone on the site better than I do. I also feel that she could keep things chill so I do not snap and kill off humanity. It will be fun times.
2. Gower- Gower is positive and helpful. I feel like his writing could amuse everyone for years with just 16 words--a true talent. He also would be solely responsible for the preservation of the English language and grammar in the future. No Natalie will not be on the list Gower.
3. TheChef- Dear lord I hope you can actually cook with a name like that; otherwise, we will all starve. Kidding I can cook a bit as well. I have had some good conversations and enjoyed TheChef's writing/comments. Plus the assumption really is he knows how to cook at some level...
4. Bill_Ingersoll- Bill is an amazing writer and I agree with the logic that his sci-fi knowledge will be valuable after the end of the world. Plus he comes with a cute dog that likes to cuddle, what kind of monster leaves a dog to the zombies?
5. This one is tough. I am between MadHattersDaughter and Endmaster.
MadHattersDaughter- let's face it, I am not bringing art back into the world...it is lost forever if she doesn't come (unless thechef is really an artist?). I feel a cultural responsibility for the future here. She also wrote a great love story (which I am a sucker for) and balances out the whole male-female thing so the zombies do not sue me for being a sexist...I don't see why else that would be important.
Endmaster- I know his writing is amazing, and every story needs a villain...but I'll be honest. I am debating bringing him for one reason: he threw me in the pit of SHAME and I am not sure if anyone but him can let me out. I am unwilling to enter the new world in SHAME and if we are locked in a bunker I have plenty of time to meet the requirements to get out. Not that I will ever win a contest based on choices 2. And 4.
See, folks? This one of the main reasons why you should adopt a dog: you get invited into more bunkers that way.
It was a clever ploy
In no particular order:
1. Mizal - Relatively chill person who seems like she'd be great to hang around irl. She kills snakes.
Role: Hunter - Kills snakes.
2. End - What the other person said: hard decisions.
Role: Leader - Oldest, I think? Also a practical guy.
3. WIBN - I don't know about what happened with the villains, but WIBN also seems nice. I like his stories. And was there something about farming...?
Role: Gatherer/Farmer? - Background knowledge in this?
4. Will - Seems like someone who I could have interesting conversations with (keeps me sane) for a few years. Also, history is fun to ponder.
Role: Cartographer, Record Keeper - The thinker, but who knows what's hiding behind that smile. Maybe he'll take all the maps and stuff and exploit it for himself. Or sabotage the rest of the team.
5. Briar - Sweet person who adds another type of personality to the group. Just the right balance of humor and kindness.
Role: Advisor - Nice balance to End.
My Role: I guess I'll help everyone else?
Hm, well, this is an interesting one. I had to actually spend over fifteen minutes thinking who would I like to bring in my vault because there are a lot of candidates. My top picks would be:
1. Cricket: now, to be frank, no time was spent on debating over her. Cricket was picked because, well, as everyone has said, she's Cricket. More than being the social butterfly she's also smart and spontaneous, which is always a must. She's also sort of the "integrator," keeping everyone together and all that cheesy shizz. So, the best team mate one can have.
Now starts the real difficulty, hm..
2. Dark: I'd like to bring in Dark because I reckon he can somehow make and use his Mexican contacts with the filthy rich cartels and such. Considering he's also highly knowledgeable about drugs, he can get us money and shit after we're let out, or maybe while we're in, too. Who knows. But yeah, overall a strong candidate and one that easily gets along with everyone.
3. Wibbons: his survival skills and ability to deal with the worst of the people and situations are a necessary skill set. Though I reckon he might develop some beef with Dark, but that's okay. That should be manageable. And some entertainment for the rest of us.
4. Corgi: I'd pick Corgi because he's pretty perceptive. So if tensions start bubbling, he's the guy I'd rely upon along with Cricket to calm things down. And maybe his strong olfactory sense--being a dog and all that--would help us be a step ahead of our rivals in the apocalypse.
5. Well, you see, Ozone and Ghost come in a package. Although there are high chances of ghost hurting herself all the time, but ozone's the guy to prevent her from doing that. Plus, the vault will give enough time for her knees to rest; and by the time we're out, her pro athletic skills are going to be advantageous. Ozone is both smart and physically fit. A good asset and entertainer. Though, I'd really be worried for the rest of us because of his foot fetish, but survival needs are greater, so oh well.
People I'm not bringing:
Although I was really tempted to have Mizal and IAP too because they're two of the best people I've had the fortune to know and talk to, but living with them for so long is going to make me die for sure. The intimidation is just too much, man. Plus I feel like Mizal wouldn't be able to live in peace with the rest of us degenerates, especially Cricket. Not choosing End because, again, obviously, I'm deathly afraid of him. Plus, why would he come in the vault of a noob like me, anyway? Would have chosen Sabley, but the choice was really tough. That and she keeps chickens around and I can't stand the smell. :( Luciel was also a candidate but she's just way too sweet. For a moment I also considered Killa for the lols. Would've been an epic fail because he'd always complain, especially about the koala. Pfft.
To sum up, I'm just a noob and want to be with my bestest buds, gah!
Yes, I'm very responsible :)
Meanwhile Dark would be doing that smugpepe emoji if and when he reads this
Dark is awesome, yes