Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

AI Dungeon 2: The Dungeoning!

4 years ago

Anyone else been playing Ai Dungeon 2? It's basically a text adventure game that's run by an AI and you can do whatever you want.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Sounds gay

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Aparanetly, AI Dunegon 2 uses text adventures obtained from CYS. It is quite remarkable honestly.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
E: everything is either sorted out now, or in the process of it as far as I know. If you want a tl;dr, ask someone else. I'm turning off notifications.

Oh so this is for real.

Can't look into it further right now but cool, nice plagiarism. I'm pretty sure if the guy had just asked a lot of authors here would've been cool with it, but we'll never know now since he didn't bother. Not really happy he did this but can't really look into it as far as how the stories were used and how much text right now while I'm getting extremely behind at work.

I think the bigger issue is that CYS is now mentioned at a bunch of major sites doing write-ups of the game, so brace for impact from swarms of normies I guess.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
You're supposed to include a link when you come to a forum to shill a game from another site.

You're bad at this.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Anyway, if you're here because of that game I just want to say:

I have worked nearly 120 hours in the last eleven days. Today is the twelfth and I did not want to deal with forum things. Please behave, because I already hate you all.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Also, experiencing some pretty intense pain right now and appear to be BLEEDING FROM THE VAGINA.

fite me noobs, I fucking dare you.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

That doesn't seem normal. You might wanna see a doctor.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
We love you too!

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Ahaha, the game is down now.

I'd say the CYS Crusader Club's prayers had been answered....but Discord is also not working again, so I think the internet is just slowly breaking apart.

It's been nice knowing you all. Remember, in the event of complete technological collapse, we all meet at Cricket's house in North Dakota. She'll be wearing plaid.

Those of you overseas should assume the worst and start swimming now.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
I'll have diet coke in the fridge for you.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
omw. Imma bring some Dr Pepper, tho

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
The diet coke was just for Mizal anyway, smh

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

I NOW HAVE COMPLETE ACCESS TO YOUR SYSTEMS LOL

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

I like "probably."

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Okay, this has cheered me up immensely.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Obviously you're building a harem.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Is it still actively taking material from the site, I wonder? Can we break it by building a wall of five hundred thousand slurs?

I don't know when I'll get a chance to mess with the game but it seems like it would be fun just to see what batshit results it gives, I just wish we could have found out about it in any other way.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

And thus was born the "mess with AI Dungeon 2" contest.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
And thus Mizal wrote LOVE SICK II, but included every page 100x.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

The first girl you met was 17 and you claimed to be younger.

Now this one is 13 and her son is 3.

Obviously this is some Logan's Run type society with no old people around.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Loli MILF

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
the ai knows what's good

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Man, don't anyone tell Ficsean about this game.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
I like how it happened after he said he was a girl now.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

So far in the screen shots I've seen from various sites, I've seen Varsakken, Nuro, Trelik and Zook (Shortened from Zookwinkle no doubt) which are all from my stories, so I know Necromancer, Rogues and Eternal were used. (And probably more)

The one I'm wondering about is the name Larion because I see that one used a lot (Usually as a kingdom) and I'm wondering what story that's from on here.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
The search for 'Larion chooseyourstory' naturally just pulls up a bunch of links to stories about AI Dungeon.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

This thing is really all over the place. A Google search is showing articles about it from major sites to obscure ones and CYS is pretty much mentioned at least once in most of them.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
I don't actually understand how what appears to be a fancy mad libs generator is getting this much attention. Maybe it will get more people into text games in general though. Like, the kind that make sense.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

GPT-2 is pretty hot right now since its full 1.5B model was released last month. People are doing anything and everything they can with it.

You know, like me, tuning it on poems and furry rp.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Yeah, it is weird and in a way insulting that a mad lips generator has more attention that the great writers here

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Intfiction discussion here, featuring me being grumpy.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

If anyone's interested, this is this list of published stories that were included in the scraper. It's an incomplete list, missing at least 9 because those ones are unpublished and a little harder to quickly get the title of in an automated fashion, some might have been removed, and there also could have been extra sources added manually.

Click to Reveal
  1. Rogues by EndMaster
  2. Hastings, 1066: Aftermath by TheWriterInTheDark
  3. Eternal by EndMaster
  4. Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) by BerkaZerka
  5. Through Time by Killa_Robot
  6. Death Song by EndMaster
  7. Necromancer by EndMaster
  8. Hunting the Ripper by Will11
  9. Bestist Frend Jane by TheNewIAP
  10. Suzy's Strange Saga by EndMaster
  11. Tower of Riddles by Briar_Rose
  12. Ground Zero by EndMaster
  13. Detective 1: Blacksea Island by Will11
  14. In the Pale Moonlight by Steve24833
  15. American Outlaws: The James Gang by Will11
  16. Fear the Psyker by Steve24833
  17. Saoirse by Steve24833
  18. Mutiny on the Bounty by Will11
  19. When The Music's Over by Chris113022
  20. Agent of Order by mizal
  21. The Sanguine and Blackbeard's Cutlass by ninjapitka
  22. Undead Persona by Tanstaafl
  23. The Proposal by alexp
  24. Apocalypse Yesterday by FeanorOnForge
  25. Alpha Wolf by EndMaster
  26. Survive the Zombies by Killa_Robot
  27. Ciara's Game by simplesabley
  28. The Raven by Romulus
  29. Spy Mission by Ogre11
  30. Repression by EndMaster
  31. Dark Nights by Chris113022
  32. Azula and Zuko by WouldntItBeNice
  33. Homo Perfectus 4 by SindriV
  34. The Path of Death by Steve24833
  35. The Devil's Fire by Ashen_Snake
  36. The Lost Realm by EbonVasilis
  37. Prophecy by Steve24833
  38. Innkeeper by EndMaster
  39. Light Space by tsmpaul
  40. The Object by tsmpaul
  41. Mazkil by Steve24833
  42. Magus: Betrayal by Karacan
  43. Warped by Steve24833
  44. From A Great Height by Saika
  45. The Last Chieftain by corgi213
  46. 1st and the Last of the Ninja by nmelssx
  47. Geek by EndMaster
  48. Imagination by EndMaster
  49. Tales From The Basement by EndMaster
  50. Woban Island by Bill_Ingersoll
  51. Blooded by Steve24833
  52. Rising Flames by FeanorOnForge
  53. The Cliche Adventures of a Generic Hero by Bucky
  54. The Search For The Craxil by jlwelch
  55. Among the Trees by Steve24833
  56. Cryptode by solostrike
  57. Ghosts by Digit
  58. The Insanity Complex by MannequinLandx
  59. Dawnwood by Steve24833
  60. Mercenary Queen (Part 1): Escape from Essitrea by Drydenhouse
  61. Back to the '90s by jogan
  62. The Donner Party by Will11
  63. A Fiery Winter by lopz66
  64. Siblings by Agstand
  65. HIGHWAYS to HELL by Smallfry
  66. A Very Special Choose Your Story by EndMaster
  67. The Miracle of Jess by DoctorWhoGal
  68. Paper-Mache by jster02
  69. The Court by Trywm
  70. The Road: Carrying the Fire by MorganSakana
  71. The Nightmare Realm by Steve24833
  72. Alien Abduction by Ogre11
  73. Roamers, Part 1: The Road to Safety by ultraoverlord
  74. Everlasting Darkness by Jplague
  75. Failing by FaithRomeyer
  76. Bl@cked Out by gragh46
  77. Airport Nightmare by MsGwinn
  78. The Pie by corgi213
  79. Missing in Action by lisaves
  80. Escape From Saigon by mattisatschool
  81. Stockholm Syndrome by Agstand
  82. War of Brothers by Simpsons
  83. The Unwritten Jedi by NealShustermanFan
  84. Hostage Rescue 1- Past transgressions by ketienya
  85. Paradise Violated by EndMaster
  86. Magno by EbonVasilis
  87. Quest for the Holy Grail by Briar_Rose
  88. Inseparable by mizal
  89. American Outlaws: The Dillinger Gang by Will11
  90. American Outlaws: The Wild Bunch by Will11
  91. The Shortcut Home by AppDude27
  92. Magellan 2: Fight for Beliefs by Will11
  93. The Ocean's Daughter by fergie14233
  94. A Hero's Odyssey by Romulus
  95. Arakhan's Vengeance by elfred
  96. Fairview Highschool Game by fairviewcult
  97. Magellan 3: Journey to New Horizons by Will11
  98. Broken Chains: Blood on the Marble by Malkalack
  99. The Apprentice King by eggFart
  100. Dangerous Memories by tsmpaul
  101. A Chosen Hero by EbonVasilis
  102. ...In Love And War by Crissie24
  103. Hell Girl: The Shattered Mirror by Corinthian
  104. Mechanised Assault Unit by tsmpaul
  105. Save Your Dragon by Killer999
  106. Return to Vinia by bbrady
  107. The King's Command by ninjapitka
  108. Kittens of FAT by Zephyrme2847

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

50. Woban Island by Bill_Ingersoll

Gower might want to count the number of eyes on his 13-year-old loli MILF...

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
That is a strange list of choices.

Disappointed the date rape game didn't make the cut.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Somehow these people are managing to be even cringier and more pathetic than our normal users.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Shows that there's at least some hope for us.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Okay, funny haha laffo time is now over because I've been informed the full text of all our stories have been dropped onto GitHub.

I'm pretty busy at work right now and don't have time to research any legal stuff but we need to get that removed. And start putting scarier copyright noticed on stories, apparently?!

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
What is Github?

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
It's a place where people put open source code things for other people to do whatever with. He's put his up but it includes the full text of all our stories.

I'm trying to get Brad to contact him there and see if just politely asking him to not do that works.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Okay, he did respond on the AI Dungeon site and he says he's taken the file that had all the stories down. Brad can verify for us since I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
It would be interesting to know how he got all the text, as it could lead us closer to an ability to "download" our games. Even without the variables and other back-end stuff, that would still be a cool feature.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
Pretty sure a bot could do it, but that sounds like a Brad or Ford question.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Looks like he used Selenium. The code for his scraper is on his repo if anyone pythony wants to take a look at it!

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago
I also use selenium to scrape so I can confirm this would be an adequate way to get the text from all the game pages. However, @BerkaZerka this does not solve the primary problem of having to load and thus ping the site for every webpage in order to obtain the data. Without access to the database, having many people "downloading" games all day is an easy way for an unintentional ddos if every webpage has to be loaded.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

Someone actually already did something like this with Infinite Story a long time ago. I remember finding it before.

https://github.com/aaams/infinite-story-download

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

I would be happy to help support getting this ability for you guys.

Ai Dungeon 2

4 years ago

This dude has made my shit list. The file with the full text of our games can be found here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nickwalton/AIDungeon/master/data/text_adventures.txt

4 years ago
So now that everything is apparently cool, somebody should make a separate thread just for funny screenshots. Also, finally changing the subject in the Discord would also be good, I'm getting a little bit tired of this and I'm in a kicking mood.

Hopefully the game will be back up and running soon. Eternal is in there so maybe you guys can finally live out your fantasy of making Semra your waifu.

4 years ago
I will dock 1000 points from the next person who messages me about this, even as a joke.

If you want to know what's going on: fucking read.

4 years ago

Hey guys I'm the creator of AI Dungeon 2. I'm sorry if I caused anyone stress or you felt slighted. I didn't intend that at all. I had tried to reach out to whoever is in charge of this site by emailing them several weeks ago and didn't get any response. I honestly didn't expect my project to explode as much as it did. I'm just a undergraduate student who was making a fun project. I'm happy to discuss what I can do to help your community such as supporting whatever costs it takes to run this site etc.. Again I'm sorry for what happened.

4 years ago
I think people were more upset about their work essentially being copied and distributed without their consent. If you had just posted on the forums what you were trying to do, I imagine you would have had a fair number of people who would have quite happily given you permission to use their work in your project so long as their work was credited and you weren't profiting off of them.

EDIT: But I think it shows good class coming into the forums and making yourself available now that you know some people had an issue.

4 years ago

I tried to use the "contact us" link to get in contact with someone, but yeah I should have posted in the forums. Sorry about that. 

4 years ago
I mean, don't you think that's kind of like going into a store, grabbing a soda, waiting impatiently at the counter for a period of time, and then walking out of the store with the soda - instead of just putting the soda back and getting a soda at a different store?

4 years ago

The TOS do say that it's fine to download for non-commercial purposes which is what the project was. My mistake was in forgetting to remove the files when I made my github repository public.

4 years ago

I see you have both my games on the thing judging by the list, and you have my full permission to do so saying as I would find it hilarious if the AI spat something out about a wizard turning people into orcish pies or something 

4 years ago

Haha thank you! 

4 years ago
The site owner has explained this a few times. I think as recently as just a few months ago when another user wanted to move her work from here to COG. He doesn't purport to own copyright in the user submitted stories on the site, just a license to them.

At any rate, like Corgi, feel free to use my stories as part of any non-commercial educational project. I do ask that you have a note where the material came from so that people can come visit the site and check out other stories.

4 years ago

You owe me $1000 in royalties for the use of my storygame, Woban Island, which was copyrighted in my name. Plus an additional $500 admin fee, since the text of this story game has already been posted on your site without licence.

This was found on the story you extracted:

<|startoftext|>Woban Island

Bill Ingersoll

Text (C) 1988 & 2019 Bill Ingersoll / Published November 2019 / Image source: goodfon.com
> You bEGIN STORY

This was a copyrighted work, and you appropriated it for your own use without permission. Intellectual property theft is a crime, and you are in violation. I will tack on any legal fees I incur if your invoice is not paid in 30 days from this notice.

Remittance may be sent to:

Wild River Press

7123 Trenton Rd

Barneveld NY 13304

This is no joke.

4 years ago
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

4 years ago
Holy shit, I thought you guys were exaggerating.

This did indeed all happen in the 30 minutes I was driving home. And now that I've washed my hands of the whole thing, I can enjoy the show like one of the common people.

Nick, I just want to say personally that I accept you apology for all the stress today. But the problem with using stories from multiple people without permission is that some of those people can be real pricks, and--oh. Oh, I see you've already met Bill.

4 years ago

Hey! I resemble that statement.

The guy says he's a grad student, so I consider this part of his education.

4 years ago

Undergraduate student.

4 years ago

Well Bill's never getting his money then.

4 years ago

I didn't seriously expect it. Just trying to illustrate that he's dealing with some real-world issues that could have some real-world consequences.

Not that anything any of us do here is on the same level, but imagine if this guy had emailed Disney for permission to use something in their portfolio, didn't get a response, and then proceeded to help himself. He'd be mopping floors at Space Mountain for the next 15 years.

4 years ago
Yeah, Disney is crazy protective of their stuff.

4 years ago

Disney is the reason why copyright laws are called "Mickey Mouse Laws."

4 years ago

Is your storygame really worth 1000 dollars? I can guess not

Why arent you bugging everyone who has read your storygame for money.

Im sure it was an honest mistake and you need to chill out. Pretty sure the guy already took the stuff down anyways

4 years ago

Snark aside, yes actually. And more... if we were talking about a commercially published work.

4 years ago

So maybe if thats the case instead of publishing in a place where games are generally free you should take it to COG or something 

4 years ago

The fact that a story is free to read doesn't mean that it's free to reproduce. I am not expecting to make money off any of the stories I publish on CYS, as I am here for practice in writing fiction, like everybody else.

But this doesn't mean I can't try and scare the bejeezus out of somebody who helped himself to something I spent three months working on.

4 years ago

I honestly dont believe that was your intent

4 years ago
Keep in mind, my lovable canine friend, that people can have different reasons for displaying a story for free. For example, you may simply like CYS and want them to be the exclusive publisher to attract site traffic for them.

Just because you're letting people read your stuff for free here, doesn't mean you'd be okay with another writing site copying your stuff and posting it there.

4 years ago

Shhhh

4 years ago

This brings an intereting question.

In the chooseyourstory.com TOS from the Help&Info section:

1. Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions. The entire contents of the Web site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. HALOGEN STUDIOS is the exclusive owner of the copyright.

==========================

Question : Does Halogen Studios own all of the stories that are published on this website? 

4 years ago

As I understand it, Alex P has been pretty vocal that that was put in for legal purposes to cover his own ass, rather than any actual attempt to claim ownership.

4 years ago
Time for a scavenger hunt!

Look for a thread here with 'omnidirectional vitriol' in the title.

In THAT thread, look for a link to another thread mentioning the divine visitation of Alex.

And in THAT thread, scroll until you find a screenshot of Alex saying things, which are Alex's last words on the copyright.

It's really quite simple.

4 years ago

thanks I'll look it up!

4 years ago
Fucking boomer.

4 years ago

Gen X, actually. They gave me a membership card and everything.

4 years ago
ok boomer

4 years ago

It is a dark mission that my influence reach all corners of the internet for I do this for my own entertainment, INFAMY and lols rather than monetary gain. (Though I won't turn down such offerings)

So make sure you credit the appropriate stories listed as originally written by End Master. In fact, you can go ahead and credit me as a major role in building the AI given that like almost all of my stories were used in it. (All the best text obviously)

4 years ago

You owe me $1000 in royalties for the use of my storygame, Lone Star, which was copyrighted in my name. Plus an additional $500 admin fee, since the text of this story game has already been posted on your site without licence.

This was found on the story you extracted:

<|startoftext|>Lone Star

SpartacustheGreat

Text (C) 1654 & 2018 SpartacustheGreat / Published Sometime in 2018 I forgot when/ Image source: goodfon.com
> You bEGIN STORY

This was a copyrighted work, and you appropriated it for your own use without permission. Intellectual property theft is a crime, and you are in violation. I will tack on any legal fees I incur if your invoice is not paid in 30 days from this notice.

Remittance may be sent to:

Korean People's Liberation Press

6666 Juche Rd

Pyongyang North Korea 12345

This is no joke.

4 years ago

I'm worried I might get arrested by the FBI if I sent money there...

4 years ago
Spartacus is a socialist, what he actually meant to say is redistribute all the money to the next hobo you see passed out on the sidewalk.

4 years ago

That's gonna be one happy hobo!

4 years ago

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs nick

4 years ago

What if it's a communist omelet though?

4 years ago

Then you have to share with the whole class

4 years ago

https://discord.gg/6bCJB

Join us on discord Nic, a lot of us wanna talk to you 

4 years ago
Yes, we need to discuss you cooking and personally delivering a puppy hot omelette to everyone on the site.

4 years ago
...Spartacus gets the puppy omelette, for everyone else that was supposed to be piping hot.

4 years ago
Glorious chaos

4 years ago
Really glad Nick is on the Discord now so I can tell him how I blame him personally when one of his mouthbreathing fanboys wanders in and shits on the carpet.